Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Down. I'm trying to wrangle idiots.
Speaker 3: Can you be a forty nine bike? This one?
Speaker 4: Can?
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show Gold one O four Pine three?
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning, it's Monday morning. It's a Christian O'Connell show. We are finally reunited and back. Patchy and I both been off il Paul Pats he's had the spicy car coffee. You're still not well from covid?
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I'm okay now, but at jez it latches on, doesn't it?
Speaker 3: So you've got it? Where I we love God? Got it? Your husband?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: And order is dodge the bullets somehow. The doctor says it's like the hurricane virus or a bushfire virus, you know when there's a bush fire and it can go right through a street and one or two houses might be left untouched.
Speaker 6: COVID is a bit like that. Apparently strong it.
Speaker 3: You know, we've had various ways that covids compared to hurricane, if anything, stronger strong stuff from soe you poor thing? How are you feeding now?
Speaker 5: Just exhausted like so many people have had it. It's all the same isn't it like we're ready for bed at seven at night?
Speaker 3: We sort of have to tell that, you anyone, that's actually no change.
Speaker 5: Even more so, but we've found that we've been lying to Audrey saying, oh wow, look at the time it's bedtime, and she's like, no, it's not.
Speaker 6: It's only seven.
Speaker 5: Thirty's like she's a nice yet it's like, oh no, it's not that slow. Oh no, Daylight Savings is kicked in. It's actually eight thirty, it's time for bed.
Speaker 3: Off you go, oh, you're actually doing that. Poor girl. She's saying, my parents are actually mad, they've gone crazy. They've finally gone greaty and so have you got your taste spark?
Speaker 5: No, can't smell, can't taste, which is the most annoying thing. And when I like, I'm not a great cook anyway, but I can't season stuff and I may as well eat whiskers at night time because I honestly can't taste what I'm like, I've got a coffee now, I can't taste it, but I'm having it is awful.
Speaker 3: What did you do for Father's Day yesterday? Not much?
Speaker 5: He did get breakfast in bed. Audrey cooked in breakfast in bed. But that was about it, and we went back to.
Speaker 3: Why is she not very? You went back to bed at too.
Speaker 6: It'll laid down at two o'clock.
Speaker 3: Why you are right, you're not going to make the eight o'clock slub or we've been tucking you into bed of seven this morning.
Speaker 6: I'm fine enough about me? How are you feeling well?
Speaker 3: I'm fine now, but yeah, rough week last week. But Patsy, you were missed yesterday our Father's.
Speaker 6: Day last It looks so much funny.
Speaker 3: Genuinely, Patsy, was my favorite Father's Day in eighteen years of Father's Day. It was a magical day. So if you know what we did. We had one hundred of you guys came along to the Colonial Brewing Company who were amazing hosts for us yesterday in Port Melbourne. It was really really the food is great, but all the dads we had down, the families and the kids. Patsy, it was such a magical afternoon, wasn't it lovely?
Speaker 7: Yeah? The kids got up and spoke Patty, They said a few words about their dads.
Speaker 3: They was in the room. Yeah, big tears. It was real and it was your first ever Father's Day I feel like we've spoiled you now by showing you that. That's eighteen years to have a Father's Day like that for me normally last about seven minutes. Father.
Speaker 7: I did get sport and every like. Gordy was the star attraction.
Speaker 3: Really my daughters were actually no, my daughters and my wife were arguing about who can They were like they were the nannies. And when I didn't speak to them all afternoon, right, all I had was Gordy attached to them.
Speaker 7: And Sarah, your wife, did you notice when she was holding him, it's like a beer hug.
Speaker 3: Like Yeah. We had a chat about that later. We said when we next see them, you can't be like that.
Speaker 7: I felt like she thought we were going to pry away from her and she had to cling on for dear life.
Speaker 3: I couldn't renacts all afternoon. I was checking that Gordon was still in the room with my wife as well. I thought she's going to go off like OJ with the little baby Gordon. Anyway, it's lovely to be back.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: So it's lovely to me everyone that came in on yesterday to our Father's Day lunch and Obviously, you listen to the show, you hear the lot of stories and for a lot of you, you got to see my daughter's tattoo. It's a big talking point of the day. They're like, oh, that must be ruby that Oh that's a bit bigger than three centimeters anyway, So from my daughter's point of view, obviously a lot of people were talking about her tattoo because you could see it yesterday on her shoulder that she got the day she turned eighteen, a couple of months ago. She came home yesterday it was like, oh, people are saying how nice my tattoo was. I think I'm going to get another one, and I actually just I could see my wife just launch and I went not today it's Father's Day. At midnight you can start to talk about it. But today I'm calling Father's Day. There's going to be no discussions about piercings, tattoos, any kind of body altering. Please. I just want to get through the day without getting into something as incendiary as another tattoo. I've only got that one in July. If this carries on two or three, every sort of you know, two three months, you'll be covered in them by the time you leave home.
Speaker 7: She looked cool though. I actually thought it was a great tattoo.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 3: It is a great tatoo. But that's enough about the tattoo. Enough enough, just keep it there, all right. So today we thought we'd do our at Z made up of the best movie dads. So we're looking forward to do the aes go through the entire alphabet of movie dads. I'm gonna first of all, go for Liam Neeson in the great movie The Ultimate Dad, in taking Brian Mills. That is the dad we all aspire to be. So I'm going to go for b from or well, m for Brian Mills. We'm taken. Who you're going to go for movie dads?
Speaker 7: All right? Well we except TV dads as well. TV. Let's do TV movie dads because when I was a teenager, I wish this guy was my dad, Sandy Cohen from the.
Speaker 3: Open, those eyebrows, those huge eyebrows, best eyebrows in TV.
Speaker 7: He was like a surfy dad, but he was cool. He was with the kids. I'll go Sandy Cohen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's in he's still he's in Greece annatim at the moment, and he's obviously a bit older than when he wasn't that, but he's still He's still got good jeans.
Speaker 8: He looks.
Speaker 3: Those eyebrows are amazing.
Speaker 7: If anything, they'd probably be bigger.
Speaker 3: They just keep This is whole base. It's his eyebrows and two tiny eyes. Passy, who going.
Speaker 6: For I'm going to go Daryl Kerrigan off the castle?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, all right, I don't see any sort of forgot forgot his job. One week he's forgot his job. You thought it's just here for the giggles, all right, So it's the aight z of TV and movie dads? Who has to be in there?
Speaker 2: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Let's go to uh Andrew, Good morning, Andrew.
Speaker 8: Good morning gang?
Speaker 4: How are we?
Speaker 3: Yes? Andrew? And nicely back and Andrew. Which TV or movie dad has to be in our a z?
Speaker 8: How can you go past Clark Griswold from Vacations?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, the Great check Chase.
Speaker 8: He means, well, he just reminds me of myself.
Speaker 3: I think every dad has a bit of Clark Griswold in him. Yeah. Yeah, brilliant movies as well. I still love those, Andrew, that's a great one. Thank you very much. Have a good day.
Speaker 4: You two guys.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Anthony, good morning, Anthony, can.
Speaker 8: Go past John McLain, die Hard.
Speaker 3: Yes, you forget. He's a dad.
Speaker 7: He's a very famous dad. And we don't know it's just die Hard and father movie.
Speaker 3: But you're right, I mean, un bess. He's an extreme dad, Isn't he like Liam Neeson the movie Taken?
Speaker 8: H He's just tongue in cheek all action. He's a great dad.
Speaker 3: Yeah. All those tongue in cheek people that he killed, there was always their tongue in cheek about it. Anthony, thank you very much. He's coming all shapes and sizes, don't they. That's what we're doing this another Andrew here, Good morning Andrew. Hey, Hey, I'm good Andrew. And which shirt TV or movie dad were putting our ator z?
Speaker 4: He's probably your dad.
Speaker 3: He's more of an uncle, but uncle Phil, Uncle Phil from Fresh Prince from Fresh Prince here.
Speaker 7: Yes he was Carlton's dad.
Speaker 4: Yes he's Carlton's dad, but he's cold uncle Phil in the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's not fall Out a week.
Speaker 7: I'm trying to help you, Andrew.
Speaker 3: Everyone's turning figure father father figure. Yeah, let's call that. Andrew, Thank you very much. You call ma, have a good day, thanks, Sean coome on him. Sorry again, someone is a little bit rusty over there on the old ones and twos. Shawney Boy here going Hey yeah yeah, slick snick has always slick show this, Yeah, Sean, what's the movie or TV Dad? For us? The movie is Daddy's Home. It's mitke Wahburg who plays Dafty. Yes, they are, I'll tell you what. Both of those movies are actually really funny comedies. They're great, yeah, awesome, absolutely awesome. And you see Matt Warburg's riek. I mean, Jesus, he has got a lovely rook. Yes, you're quite right, that's what I look for. I want to rigged up dad. All right, Shawnee boy, have a good day. Thanks for corning.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Right now, then we want you to tell us all about your weekend. How was your weekend? But tell us in six words? Six words. We can now Patsy and I have been off six so it's been those show for seven days. But they're worry the munchkins been working and Rio has made this for six word weekends. A listen down be his normal range is high energy. Anyway, let's go back to it. Six word weekend. Munchkin's been busy.
Speaker 9: And then you texted six words right from your phone. Tell us just how your weekend was. Were you wren't the barber chilling at home?
Speaker 10: Text us now, Bud, only you six words in your messing?
Speaker 3: This is amazing. It's our practice machine in there as well. How we ten out of ten and Munchkin has been very busy?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 3: Six word weekends, not seven words, not five words. You must use all six words, but only six words to text us now, O four seven, five three, one oh four three? What is your weekend? Six words? Jack? What's it for you?
Speaker 7: I was spoiled for Father's Day. I really was actually started on Saturday morning. I was told to keep Saturday free and Sunday free. So Saturday morning woke up, We had a photographer cover around to the photo.
Speaker 3: That's lovely.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Then I was sent to a massage. Then we went to our favorite dumpling place for lunch.
Speaker 3: You'd a festivals this week.
Speaker 7: It was a festival of Dad. Then I was encouraged to go to the pub with my friends to watch the footy on Saturday.
Speaker 3: To believe this encouraged. I'm only discouraged from going to the pub. Wow.
Speaker 7: We so I watched Juli and Collingwood at the pub.
Speaker 3: And by the way, can we just say the finals. The last couple of days have been outstanding back here in Melbourne, so many epic big games.
Speaker 7: Every every game was game four out of four. And then Sunday morning, I woke up and we did a breakfast. We had a Dutch Baby, which is that big giant pancake.
Speaker 6: I thought you said, that's more news. No, it's like, is it like a banana pancake or something. It's like on your Instagram.
Speaker 7: It's a big delicious that you cook in the oven instead of on the frying pan.
Speaker 3: And Patsy thought it was like a Dutch oven or triple Humor.
Speaker 7: And then I've got gifts on Sunday morning as well.
Speaker 6: Present. What did they give you?
Speaker 7: I got a temporary tattoo.
Speaker 3: That is actually on your birthday.
Speaker 6: Do you want to get some more ink?
Speaker 7: Well, remember I was, I was a day away from getting sleep.
Speaker 3: Thank god you saw sense, and.
Speaker 7: Then I chickened out.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I think you smartened up. You did not if that's chickening out, be grateful for all the times you chickened out from getting a tattoo. Sleep.
Speaker 7: So Bianky got me two temporary tattoos that are sleeves, so for both for arms, and I'll put them on. I guess it's.
Speaker 5: A really good idea because then you can decide if you actually do don't.
Speaker 3: Put the moment we work together, do that, do that the weekend. I am not opposite guy who looks like a cream's been in the big house for two Just come out, Parole. Then you can tell me, honestly, you would not look good with Please do this for Friday. Then if we can go on for Friday to get ready for the weekend, Patsy, what's your six world weekend?
Speaker 5: Chris has a new retirement plan. Audrey had to go up to the library for a school project. Across the weekend.
Speaker 6: Have you got I thought was three or four?
Speaker 3: Four by the locals who burnt to the ground all that there.
Speaker 6: We've got three or four in our municipality anyway.
Speaker 3: So we went to the municipality.
Speaker 5: We went to the one at wear every plaza and this has just opened up a whole new world to Chris.
Speaker 6: So he comes home, Why no, one.
Speaker 3: Told me this book got this one about ten. Oh my god, there's incredible, so many adventures. Harry Potter.
Speaker 5: He reckons he's found the most comfortable recliner chairs the.
Speaker 3: Books in all the worlds that you could disappear into. There's a great.
Speaker 7: Chair there sleeping.
Speaker 6: There's a corner of the library.
Speaker 5: Apparently, so while Audrey was off doing her business, he sat in the chair. He said, this chair. You've got to go to the library and see how good this chair is.
Speaker 3: Now, if you're going on near the what was it the plaza.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the Weerriby Plaza library.
Speaker 3: Please just go pop into the library this week and called us up the next till on the show. Let us know what is that chair? So it's just in a corner.
Speaker 5: It's in a corner, and he said this place is perfectly climate controlled.
Speaker 6: The heater was perfect.
Speaker 3: He said, there's even a laby review.
Speaker 6: There's even a bathroom up like the far side. If nature calls and he goes.
Speaker 3: Some people get too excited and weary when they see books, don't they?
Speaker 6: And is it the best thing?
Speaker 5: If you look to the ride out window, you can see the KFC bucket outside the window and the food court's just downstairs.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's all it's all there.
Speaker 7: So did he read a book?
Speaker 3: He fell asleep in the corner drooling about that KFC bucket that you could see out of his I all right, so what about your weekend? And six words?
Speaker 8: Briner?
Speaker 1: You're listening to the question No Carl Show podcast and then you.
Speaker 9: Texted six words right from your phone.
Speaker 10: HOA, tell us just how your weekend was? Were you what the barber chilling at home? Text us now? But only you six words in your message?
Speaker 3: And then the bax machine which isn't make it? Munchkins have been busy. All right, let's go through these. My six word weekend would be dad's daughter epic road trip planning. I'm taking my eighteen year old before she goes to university in the new year and lead time. We're going on a road trip together about eight and nine days, just me and her, and I'll do this a gear with my youngest daughter when she leaves in two years time. We're going to go to Queenstown. We've decided. I know when they're twenty years ago, way before became a dad and been desperate to go back since we moved to Australia. I just think we want to go someone weeking on lots of hikes. Queenstown's got that and loads more.
Speaker 7: And New Zealand's a perfect place to road trip because unlike Australia, you can get somewhere within less than ten hours.
Speaker 3: Do you know what? I can tell that I've sort of becoming slightly Australianized because someone recommended somewhere to go in the South Island and I went, how long will it take to get there? Six or seven hours? Went? You've been the sea. I lily been in Australia six or seven hours.
Speaker 7: Within an hour lamps of the South.
Speaker 3: Island on a lap bit three times. So yeah, if anyone's got any recommendations, please let me know. But yeah, we're gonna try and do the route, burn a load of other beautiful heights around there. All right, let's get into your six word weekend. No more close games Pies please from Daniel. Yeah, I mean, what an amazing game.
Speaker 7: It'd have to come to an end for the Pies. They've won something ridiculous like eleven close games this year. They had to finally lose one and make.
Speaker 3: It first without my dad. It sucked I'm sorry to hear that. Bet. I always think on Father's Day what it must be like for those whose dads aren't around this time. Our hearts go out to you, Tim top Gun Maverick with my daughters. How can we we haven't seen it. It's still enjoying it.
Speaker 7: It's still making Tom Cruise another billion dollars.
Speaker 3: Yes, it is this most successful movie. You have a great movie. Crap Saturday Night out of finals. Yeah, it was with Doggies fans John at the g Friday, Go Swans whatever, Karen, Yeah, very upset. D's found the Swans were amazing. Absolutely. By the way, do you know what rio a Sydney side and a big swanys fan? Please tell Jack right about your Friday before the game. Soria was at the.
Speaker 7: Game and friends down.
Speaker 3: From Sydney came over.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we had a big group, about eight or ten of us and we went to Dastasy in the city there.
Speaker 3: Which is like a hatted restaurant. It's an amazing and matching ones.
Speaker 7: Only way to go before a game.
Speaker 3: That he became more. D's actually an amazing win, though, Christian, I'm searching for my next fur baby. Is my six weekend Marie announced that she's pregnant with twins.
Speaker 7: Congratulations.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, that's our big news. Sydney Swan's progressing the fine I don't want to hear anymore from the Swans.
Speaker 1: Okay, The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Trevor his six wory weekend. Finally Footy finals are back here, Trevor, amazing, amazing running games. Uh wow, what a great gift you've got your dad for Father's Day. I brought my dad a truck.
Speaker 7: Now, Father's.
Speaker 3: Love. This from Matthew. I mean, anything can happen over a weekend. Realized dog had blocked anal glands.
Speaker 6: Oh, yes, we've had that.
Speaker 7: My friend had that the other week and he had what his glans dog?
Speaker 3: All right, Paul guy. Otherwise I'm not squeezing what you meant to do with your dog.
Speaker 7: And you have to squeeze it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's not just that. It's a smell. Is a smell like no other smell when you.
Speaker 7: Oh, you're squeezing a dog's anal glaans? What do you expect?
Speaker 3: Quite wrong? Let's move on dogs glans to get out to breakfast. Daughter one Footy Grand Final. Yes, well done Shawne your daughter, and then poor old Oliver Crimer River Paris to Melbourne, Jet lad wrecked and oh, Oliver, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: Christian Connell's show podcast not.
Speaker 3: To catch up on, but he's been very unwell with COVID, but she's back. I've been poisoned by rivals. You cannot kill me, like John Wick the movies which my life is based on. I saw a message we won our Arrivals the other day, just to check it in to see if it was Fox that poison me, and Nick Cody thinks this has got the whiff of Marty. It's a Marty move this one hundred percent it is. So I've got to find out then, how was the boys weekend? Because when we were last all together doing the show, you were out to go away for this boy's weekend that have been casting chaos because of all the guys going one of them was going to bring is to twins and there was all that going on. So what happened to the boys weekend out at your your cabin?
Speaker 7: Actually the number one question I got asked yesterday as we met a hundred of our listeners was did those twin girls go on the Boys weekend. They didn't, so Rich stayed back Friday night, looked after the girls. Then he came up late on Saturday. But the thing I was worried about was it was a working, big weekend. We had some trees to chop down, We had jobs to do, solar panels, need to go.
Speaker 3: All of his friends to work on his property, panels on his room. Thank you, master Jack.
Speaker 7: You don't have to you don't have to come. It's just an invitation. No, there will be some working there.
Speaker 3: It's not the old sweatshop managers. And we see you don't have to work here, but that water canons is there in case.
Speaker 7: So the I knew we would get up Friday and everyone would be giddy to get on the drinks, and I had to keep them of a school trip. That was my challenge because I knew that from Saturday morning, as soon as the sun comes up, we're in the fields working. So I documented audio messages of my night on Friday night to try to just to let you guys know how I was going. The first one was at the pub Friday night. We're at the pub on the boys weekend, and guess who's the designated driver? Me driving my school bus full of little boys around aka my friends.
Speaker 3: Now Already, the vibe I'm picking up here is of someone who's not a happy soldier.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because they're all they were so excited to see each other again, and they're all getting drinks. The point, Yes, but this work to do the next day. Also, I'm the designated driver, so I'm not having fun there. Let's take this back to the house, have one little sip of wine before Also, I forgot to say, there's a lot of talk of making a bonfire when we get back from the pub, and there was also a suggestion that we light the fire by burning an arrow. I'm firing the bow and arrow. It's only three hours into the boys weekend and I'm already wanting to go home. This is what I'm dealing with. See, and this is what happens to a group of men when they get to this and the remote cabin.
Speaker 3: We've got access to axes, che arrows. Of course you've got your arrow. Oh my god, this is the ultimate boys weekend. Thankfully, do you have the fire? What happened with the fire?
Speaker 7: We did light the bonfire with a flaming arrow. We didn't do the flaming errow. I convinced them that the flaming arrow was dangerous, but they did feel half a can like an empty beer of petrol, and they threw that on the bonfire.
Speaker 3: Oh my lord, Jack, all right.
Speaker 7: Final installment of my messages from Friday night.
Speaker 3: When you listen to this, your ears will prick up like mine did at the time stamp of this first. When I was hearing this right just now, I thought, Oh, this must be one am or two am, because that's a good night out.
Speaker 7: Not so okay, it's ten forty two.
Speaker 3: Sorry, on Friday night. I'll just get warmed up.
Speaker 7: I've gone to bed. The guys are still mucking around out there, having fun with no respect for the work that has to be done tomorrow. I tried to turn off the lights on them, trying to turn off the lights in them, but they continue to have fun.
Speaker 3: Good night, they continue, You didn't him in the background. Yeah, you're the host. You can turn it at ten forty two.
Speaker 7: I have to be a leader. I thought if I went to bed that they'd all go ten eleven party on Saturday night. Guys, you know what time that some of them up to three am.
Speaker 3: Of course, and then how was the work on the out in the field.
Speaker 7: You know what? They actually did a commendable job actually of you in a chair with a shotgun, despite the dustiness, despite the hangover. I fed them bacon the eggs the next morning and they worked all day, did they?
Speaker 3: You got the certain parents on?
Speaker 7: So we had to set up the the what do you call it? Like we rackets rackets for the power. We can't I can't actually expect the prayers to like do electrical work.
Speaker 3: Now they go back into little weekend starting to do all that.
Speaker 2: Christian Connell's Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much everyone who came along to spend their Father's Day with us yesterday there were one hundred of you. Uh something we wanted to do for Father's Day this year, to try and make a bit more of it. And the non existent lunch as you get their Mother's Day lunch, you know, it's restaurants all over town, old out weeks in advance, not the same come September and Father's Day. So we want to do something different. And thank you very much because we said a couple of weeks ago we can't do what we would like to do was Jack and I a host and Father's Day lunch. If we don't partner up with a venue and a colonial brewing company in Port Melbourne, Lockey in the team there. They stepped forward and they hosted us yesterday and it's a lovely spot there. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Food was great, so much better than the Scout Hall that you want to and we had a very low bar at the start. We were going to do hot dogs.
Speaker 3: In and thank God, and some luke warm beer.
Speaker 7: But the food was great, beer was great, and the atmosphere in there was fantastic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was brilliant. It was lovely to meet so many families, so many fellow dads as well. In eighteen years of me being a dad, my favorite of the Father's Day it was such a lovely atmosphere to be and to be with other dads as well. And a couple of the other dads reminded me that for the last two years Father's Day has been in lockdown. I think we forgot because we don't want to go back to it. And also I remembered on those Sunday on Father's Day, it was back in the dark days of the Sunday press conference from Danny Boy, so it cast this horrible FuG over Father's Day, you right, cheers down. Basically, it was always he ain't coming out for a long time, yea, And they were like, hey, Father's day, all trapped in doors stare at each other. So it's nice actually yesterday to be able to be together. And one thing we did which was really really nice, we asked the kids that were there, and some grownut ones as well, if they wanted to come up and say a few words about their dad. And there were so many lovely ones. We're going to play some now and in an hour's time as well, but these are magical. Haven't listened to these?
Speaker 11: My dad's name is Carlo and we call him Papa. He was born in Italy and came to Australia sixteen years ago for love. My dad is super special because he's very caring. He's a very caring man and would do anything to help anyone. He loves to go back riding with us, and his Italian cooking is amazing. Tivolu a being their papa, which means I love you in Italian.
Speaker 3: The rather two fool dads on that one Carlo included as well. Carla was the one that made the amazing KNOCKI we spoke to a couple of weeks ago, this little lad. Are you about to hear now? He's only six years of age and he spoke so well.
Speaker 12: My dad's name is Matt and he worked for Magic Mobility, a wheelchair company helping people that are disabled. My dad is kind, special and funny.
Speaker 3: And does he want to make you be kind and funny and gentle as well?
Speaker 12: I think sometimes yes.
Speaker 3: Well, your dad sounds like an amazing dad. He is, yep. And what did he get today?
Speaker 12: He got the ESK and the gold cap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Patty, you missed Jack and I still keeping radio going by giving away baseball station with an embroidered gold I think says the heart of more than two local DJs giving away baseball caps in a pub. I started in radio twenty four years doing that from Black Thunders. What a lovely full circle. And this is I don't remember. A couple of weeks ago when we were chatting to kids, we heard about the wand of a dad called ray Ray. It's not Raymond, Ray Ray who gave great cuddles. It was lovely to meet his daughter yesterday, Cleo.
Speaker 12: My dad's name is Raymond. He is a road train driver. Every day when I come home from school. He gives me big hearts because he knows how hard I work.
Speaker 3: Oh, I bet you to work really hard.
Speaker 12: And he has a big heart. He likes telling jokes, well we're watching movies on the ads, jokes that we don't really understand.
Speaker 3: What it is to be a dud jokes. And then there was one girl in particular. It wasn't a competition any think, but she spoke really well. Dad is a lovely guy called Brian. This family has been through so much. You raise the two kids and an amazing dad. But listen to this. Perhaps you'll love this. It blew us all away in the day. This is Brighton's daughter, Mikayla.
Speaker 13: Dad, I just wanted to know how loved and appreciated you are. I'm so incredibly proud of you, and you're the strongest, most hard working man I've ever met. You have a heart of gold, and I feel so lucky that I was blessed to have you as my dad. You're always the one that I look up to and you never gave up on me. You're the reason that I am who I am today, and I couldn't ask for anything more. I've recently moved out and I miss giving you a hug at the end of every single day. Thank you for the love and support that you give. We have an incredibly special bond and I just want to thank you for being you.
Speaker 6: Love your dad.
Speaker 3: Can you believe that, Patty? It was a lovely day yesterday, so much Sharon. That was Dad. Adrian by the way, but thank you very much. You're playing more. These beautiful messages from the kids yesterday are Father's Day lunch. Thanks to everyone. Ky.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: It's incredible story. Over the weekend, four people had to be rescued from the Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster ride to a movie world. Imagine making that trip or zero call where are you Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster ride? It's too spooky. Actually, they were stuck for two hours, trapped ten meters in the air. God, you'd hate that, wouldn't you. This morning that we want to hear your stories about when you've been stuck and for how long. So they've done two hours, so at the moment if you call in, it's got to be two hours more or more. We want to by eight o'clock this morning to find someone here in Melbourne who has been stuck the longest somewhere or somehow. So we start there another reserve price and auction at two hours who can match or go better than two hours brighter?
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian o'cyles show podcast.
Speaker 3: Of the weekend. Four people had to be rescued from a movie world on a gold coast the trap for two hours on the Scooby Doo Ride, sorry, the Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster Ride, stuck a tens up in the air for two hours. So this morning we can for your story's being stuck and we want to find by the end of the show today who's been stuck the longest. So we're starting in two hours nine four one four three. Alana, Good morning, Hi, Good morning Alana. So how long were you stuck for?
Speaker 8: I was stuck for seven days?
Speaker 3: Seven days? Where were you stuck for seven days?
Speaker 8: In the Dubai airport after a volcano erupted?
Speaker 3: Was that the Icelandic one a couple of years ago?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, can you even more what it was called? I think it was? I joke.
Speaker 8: Oh, it was a ridiculously long name amazing.
Speaker 3: If you have that at scrabble though, on a triple word score, you get like a million points.
Speaker 7: I remember it was interrupting the whole world. Yes, news readers had to keep saying the name of all the y such a mouthful.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's right. It was at a pub quiz a couple of months ago, and it was one of the questions and we're looking around like, I don't even know where I can e in there a j in like eight.
Speaker 8: K's anything on the news?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what did you do at the airport Dubai?
Speaker 8: We were unaccompanied miners, so we went and found the office and just told them we were three of us, were fifteen traveling alone, and we just ate in business class lounges and went and ate cold so and ice cream for seven days.
Speaker 3: Someone needs to make a documentary about your story. I just presumed you with your family.
Speaker 8: No, No, we were going to Germany on exchange and on the way to the from Dubai, sorry, from Melbourne to Dubai, we couldn't find our connecting flight and we didn't know what was happening. And then we figured out that the volcano erupted and that was it, and where'd you sleep? They put us in the airport hotel.
Speaker 7: Story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not to buy airport. It's spotless. It's like the cleanest airport in the world, that one.
Speaker 8: So it's just really nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very nice. Well you can review after seven days leaving there. So what you ate food in business as well?
Speaker 8: You know, just ate business class lounge. Although the only downside was we didn't have any luggage with us, so we had one outfit.
Speaker 3: So did you stay in those clothes a week?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 8: They ended up finding our luggage probably on the fifth day. But to be fair, that was you know, wasn't very helpful by that point.
Speaker 3: No, I bet, I bet when you got Backmum and dad doing that wash to wash that one outfit must have hummed Alana. That is an amazing story. Thank you very much for giving us a call.
Speaker 2: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: You would have seen the last two weeks. Maybe got email psych I did from companies. Should even know had your email trying to sell you stuff for Father's Day. Whatever they've got trying to sort of crowbar in Father's day. Get this. The funniest one I saw was for bow speakers, Like there's dads today, you know, are going to be on the trains and their brand new top of the range Primo Bo speakers that their kids saved up for years to buy. The other one was a brand new pair of our own Williams as well, thinking oh, that's that's a pricey gift for Father's Day. And then when I saw Friday from my local Mexican restaurant, right, I didn't you know they had my email and the headline caught my attention. It said make this Father's Day extra Special and I think, wow, that's a nice to go involved with a local Mexican shout your dad a shot at tequila and score him a tequila T shirt? What what? And then it went valid all day after you because I'm only free early in the morning at eight, so make me feel extra special dad? Shot? Do the worm? Do the world?
Speaker 7: And how old are they expecting the kids to be that are buying.
Speaker 3: It's not quite the right message we want, is it.
Speaker 2: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: I'm going to play something really special now over the weekend. Obviously here in Australia it's been Father's Day and I don't know why. Maybe it's because of that. It's I can't stop thinking about what happened at the Taylor Hawkins so was the drummer in a food fighters. But over the weekend it was a very very special concert at Wembley Stadium in front of eighty thousand people, with the millions watching on various feeds all over the world. There were loads and loads of special guests. Ac DC were there, Paul McCartney was there. But there were two people that actually stole the show. Dave Grohl. I don't know how he held it together. If you've read Dave's brilliant book, there's a whole big chapter in there about his brotherly love with Taylor Hawkins refers to his brother from a different mother. So don't actually know how Dave got up there to front it. But the other thing I couldn't stop thinking about is that Taylor Hawkins's son, He's got a sixteen year old boy called Shane, got up there and I don't know how this kid did it.
Speaker 13: Right.
Speaker 3: You're grieving the loss of your dad, You're then going to play his song with Dave Grohl in front of thousands of people there, all the fans and millions around the world. This is a bit of a bit of the chat yesterday from the stage with Dave Grohl introducing Taylor Hawkins's son, sixteen year old boy Shane.
Speaker 14: Ladies and gentlemen, we have one more drummer that's going to come up and play with us today. And let me tell you, I don't think I've ever seen anyone hit the drums as hard as this person. But beyond that, he's a member of our family and he needs to be here tonight with all of us, and I think it makes sense that he's gonna come up and play with us tonight. Ladies and gentlemen, would you please walk home?
Speaker 3: Mister Sheene Harkitt's on the drums. I'm going to play the track now. It's amazing. Not only does he do an amazing job, he drums excuse my language, he drums a shit out of this song. To do your dad's song, especially a song like my hero on the big stage like that when he grieving the loss of your dad, is trying some linehearted courage from a six year old kid. I cannot stop thinking about it. Haven't listened to this then it's a live track and very different kind of live music for us to play. But I didn't want to play the song. I want to play the live song. Just hear the drumming in this, it's like he's it's like he's talking to his dad. Actually, it's beautiful. I haven't listened to this then. From the Taylor Hawkins Tribute Concert Wembley Stadium. This is Shane Hawkins. I'm drawn with Dave grow S s San.
Speaker 4: Ros.
Speaker 3: If that doesn't Mary hard today, the power, the passion, the laugh, incredible live music, My hero. Dave Groll live on stage of the Weekend for the Taylor Hawkins Tribute Concert on Dramas with Dave Grol Taylor Hawkins sixteen year old boy. Imagine me in sixteen. It's only a couple of months ago. Imagine what you want it to be to be sixteen and you are. They're on stage doing your dad's song. You're doing my hero.
Speaker 7: He nailed.
Speaker 3: It's incredible performance.
Speaker 7: Even during the verses he's given it one hundred and ten percent.
Speaker 3: Of course he is. He's doing it for his dad. It's amazing. Also on the show Saturday Night Live at Wembley Stadium, Dave Grohl's daughter Violet, who is going to go and become a big star. She did a couple of songs as well. Violet and Shane need to formed like a super group together. Violet Grole, she did a couple of songs she did. She did a Valerie which is an amazing song with Mark Ronson, who was Amy Winehouse's guitarist and producer. And she also did Taylor Hawkins's favorite song Grace by Jeff Buckley. Go online today and watch her version of it. Oh My God. The future rock and Roll with Shane and Violet Grole as well as looking great This Thursday is Are You Okay? Day? And something we'd like to do on the show actually is are You Okay Day? It's a brilliant thing every year. It's about starting a conversation because often we worry if there's a friend or a family member who we think is having a tough time, you will say to yourself, I don't know what to say. It isn't about knowing what to say. It's about starting the conversation about someone just opening a conversation, which is why are You Okay? Is a great start. What I'd really like to happen on the show on Thursdays. I think it's really important that when we talk about mental health and people who get stuck, because that's what happens, and you feel like you don't know how you're going to find your way back. It's really important. I think it's really there's a real magic. Actually it feels like a strange way to say, but there's a real magic hearing stories of when people have got stuck and now they're in a different place and how they got back to themselves, back to their hearts. So I'd love you if you felt comfortable with it this week to share stories of when you were in a really tough spot and where you are now, you're somewhere better, you're somewhere larger, and you've learned something from it. I think there's something to share to people. I think it's really nice for people who are on are you Okay? Day, they're going to be hearing a lot of people talk about that, but it's actually really important these stories of recovery. Lots of you, lots of us have got those stories. Don't leave it inside of you. It can help somebody. It's really important. I think Thursday too, remind people that actually you can be in a tough sport and actually you can get help. There's help, there's just waiting to come and and to help you to the next stage of your life if you just take the risk and actually talk to someone about it. So of the next couple of days, email me your stories of recovery of how you found your way back. You were somewhere, but you're somewhere else now. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au, I'd be lovely to do that. Thursday, all right, coming up next there, and we've got your misheard lyrics.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Time Now for your misheard lyrics. Thank you very much to everyone who sends in their misheard lyrics every single day. Let's get into them this week. It's just another misheard man Nay, Christian O'Connell's misheard lyrics every Monday. Then we go through all your misheard lyrics. If we agree you here if it's a wild miss. Now for the Great Ones Hall of Fame. Recent Hall of Famous for Angie Brown with this from Metallica Master of Puppets. You boring bastard stray into it. So Jacob's in the Hall of Fame for Anastasia with her song sexy single Now I'm a Sexy Seagull. Now I'm a sex all right, let's get into this week's This comes from Sandra Immos. Here comes the hot stepper murderer, or accord to Sandra, it's here comes the hot stepper girl, Laura. That is one of the biggest misses of the year. Samuel Davis has got stereophonics seen that look before. I saw your eyes split from your soul slid from me soon or is it? I saw your ass split from your short very different line, very different line. I saw your ass split from your shorts.
Speaker 6: SA you asslid FM.
Speaker 3: S how can that be where it goes? And I saw your eyes split from his soul to selling a very different scene. I saw your ass split from your shorts.
Speaker 7: Say you as slid.
Speaker 3: Foun Samuel Davis, come on in Hall of fame. Why don't Samuel mel J's got this from Lizzo about downtime original limit. In a minute, I'm gonna need a sentimol in a.
Speaker 2: Minute, I'm gonna need a centamonal menial, or is.
Speaker 3: It in a minute, I'm gonna need a cinnamon roll.
Speaker 2: In a minute, I'm gonna need a centamonal menial.
Speaker 3: No, gazz has got this from the amateur affliction, don't lean on me. There is hope in my eyes and they're live tonight on Gold the amateur affliction, don't lean on me? Or is it gorn of gaz or is it there is soap in my eyes? Wouldn't make you angry? Now he's so angry soap in his eyes? That is one of my favorites of the year. Hall Jazz, well done. I don't have to hit it again. There is soap in my eyes. Breeze got this from Beyonce A drunken love We be all night? Or is it we pee all night? We pee all night? And finally Debra Zanetti Kate Bush all the love. So now when they're ring, I get my machine to let them in. Or is it Steve Martin's co stars? So now when they're ring, I get Martin Sheen to let them in. That's their Hall of Favor winner today though, is there is soap in my eyes? Thank you very much. You misheard lyrics as always whenever you miss hear them. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com, Doda you, thank.
Speaker 2: You, Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. Jeveryonne he came to Jack and I we hosted our Father's Day lunch yesterday and this is something we will definitely do again. We absolutely loved it. It was a really lovely We keep saying this. It was humbling, it was magical. It was nice to be in a room and actually celebrate our families, the dads, the kids. There were some granddads there as well. We met granddad Harry, he's got four grandkids, who was a detective VIC Police for thirty seven years. An amazing guy. I met so many lovely fellow dads. It was a lovely atmosphere yesterday. And all the magical things was We invited all the kids if they want to come up and in front of everyone, just tell us a few words about their dad. Have a listened to these. Here are some of them that we recorded. First of all, this is a first kid up. It was this little lad Mason.
Speaker 12: My dad is an engineer.
Speaker 4: His name's Rob.
Speaker 15: He fixes everything for us.
Speaker 12: Like a couple weeks ago, my mom's breaks weren't working and he fixed that.
Speaker 3: I bet I bet he did. Yeah.
Speaker 15: We call him Bob the Builder because he fixes everything.
Speaker 3: Oh that's great. He sounds like an awesome dad. You've got big family. There's about fifteen of you, aren't they sixteen? Sixteen? Yeah, funny kid.
Speaker 7: I spoke to Rob at the end of the lunch. He said, by the way Mason said, I was an engineer. I'm not an engineer.
Speaker 3: Do you know what we thought about doing this as a phone in one day? Tell us what your dad does for a living? Because whatever my daughter's friends to come around can make a bit small talker. Go and you know, what are you Mum and dad do? And they they know what their mom does. They never know what they done. Does I think he does something for one of the football clothes. You're sixteen. You've never shown it any kind of interest about what dad does. Maybe tomorrow caught us up. What do you think your dad does? Anyway, let's go back to the kids. This is Oscar.
Speaker 15: My dad's name is Zoch. He's over there, my dad. He tells us these stories about a caveman called Grog who's invents different things. Me and my sister really like listening to those, And even when it's late, Dad sometimes tells us those without Mum knowing.
Speaker 3: And then this is not a little kid, but a grown up kid, Ben who said such a lovely thing.
Speaker 16: I just want to acknowledge my dad. I'm an older child. He sacrificed a lot. He's suffered in silence for a very long time. He's done what he's had to do now as a father, as myself, I just want him to know we appreciate it. There's a lot of gratitude behind it. And now you've succeeded being a father. I hope you enjoy being a grandfather.
Speaker 3: Oh beautiful. I didn't tell me about that guy, Shane. Do you speak to him? He's a lovely, right, very good looking grande was He didn't know the kind of person that could get some modeling work for country run. I said to you, I might be your agel and I might pimp you out. He didn't look it was a very ripped jack. Dad. Do you shake his hand? And a full head of that silver was a beautiful man.
Speaker 2: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Back to the Time. All right today, then we're looking for your dad bands. What bands would you find on stage at dad Fest? Well you find Mega Dad, they're no sex pistols. Tell me about the silver bus, the red hot Chili puppies.
Speaker 7: Do they like puppies?
Speaker 3: Puppies.
Speaker 7: Sorry, puppy ye Silver.
Speaker 3: Different thing the puppies. I'll bank that though for puppy bouts, Dad Cab for Cutie Silver, Get in the Mini van Haylen, get in the Mini van Gold. And that's saying with a great big old disco band. That's right, earth wind and fire up the grill.
Speaker 7: Silver.
Speaker 3: Okay, Jack, what do you for? Dad Bands who's also on stage at dad Vest Lady Papa, Oh, that's very good. Gold.
Speaker 7: This dad has let himself go a little bit. It's a Dad Bond Stewart Gold.
Speaker 3: Dad Bod Stewart is very good.
Speaker 7: And Uncle Cracker we loved him, but.
Speaker 3: If we let's go with it uncle so soon.
Speaker 7: Now he's Uncle Crack showing. Oh Dad, pull your pants up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, all right with the old clich Silver, Oh no, thank you.
Speaker 7: Power to pull pull my finger, Sorr, power to pull my finger? Yeah Silver, Ricky Farton.
Speaker 3: Sister one, you've showed rio and said I don't know whether to do this Silver. I'm done right, Yes you are all right? What have you got then? Dad Mans?
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast Dad Mans.
Speaker 3: You find on stage at dad Fest. Michael kicks us off with don't slam the doors silver plus border notes stead of holder notes. That's some Anthony Dad Honor Gold. I don't melody. I like Dad honor. Honey. I stunk that kid's first of all, it's a movie that's not even that good dad movie. Honey, Come on, Susie, system of a Dad Silver som Rick. Joe's got my Daddy's call instead of daddy call. No one says that out of puff Daddy? What is out of puff Daddy? Puff Daddy's out of half stairs? Yeah, Gold, Richard skid marks marks Gold. That's some Joe Electric. Turn the bloody lights off orchestra is a really good Mike. That's very good. He is he dadsy Silver handik at the Grillo silver deaf Granddad a death leopard, cold Pamela, Alicia, where are my keys?
Speaker 4: Gold?
Speaker 3: That is very good, Julie, turn that radio head down.
Speaker 7: Silver.
Speaker 3: Dad Berry's berry feels like you from a different and what doesn't it? Oh? Oh god, the old dad Berry's are flying up. I did see that from a six year old called Sadie. Sorry, Sadie, Lady Grandpa, Lady Grandpa said a lady car the Notorious d Ad Silver leftover food fighters. Oh, I have thrown away Gold Gavin, well done. Pearl, who hate all the jam? Said? Nor raspberry preserved? God?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Nice? Any ever in the history of Dad who wit all this jam? Go ask your wolf mother Gold. Teresa took me a couple of reads of this. I hope you get it. Daddy pardon instead of Donny Parton, Daddy pardon?
Speaker 7: Silver?
Speaker 3: All right? Who is winning the six hundred dollar barbecue? Who wins?
Speaker 7: Congratulations? Teresa? Go ask you withf mother.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very good.
Speaker 1: Carl B. You're listening to the Christian o'carl's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Jack was telling us how well one of the kids that we met yesterday at Father's Day lunch got up. He told us about his dad, who's a builder, and then that dad said to Jack, I'm not a building, by the way, So tomorrow, I want to know. I think a lot of kids have got no idea what their dads actually do. So tomorrow, what do you think we want kids to call in? What do you think your dad does?
Speaker 7: This is me as a child because my dad I knew he worked for Melbourne City Council, but I didn't really know what he did there. So I was like I think he works with the phones at the Melbourne City Council.
Speaker 3: See this is what we want tomorrow on that you can get the kids to email if you want today when they get back from school. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. And I know you've been doing a lot of research in last twenty minutes. I'm looking forward tomorrow. What it is you've actually got your last twenty minutes of researching Buddy Frankly, what you been really concentrating the tongues come out. I don't think he must be doing so really big for the show tomorrow. And then me and we just said, what are you doing? I just looking at Buddy Franklin and who's kicked more than one hundred in a season? So all of that top ten from Jack who kicks more than one hundred tomorrow on the show
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast