Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh it's very rich.
Speaker 3: Please shower. They're not still going with the banana, are they?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Thank come on a Thursday morning. Welcome to Gold one oh four point three. It's the Christian O'Connell show. Coome on in Patsy Money, good on in Jackie Morning Team Patsy, I'm jeanis what's that you've got Harry Styles tickets to your daughter? I've got nothing? Oh you have? Surely?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, I couldn't get anything yesterday. Also, why didn't you you heard me talk about it begging listeners. I'd pay extra on top, you've got a pair of tickets? Await where?
Speaker 2: Oh look at about Craigie burn Souse. I can tell you it's like nosebleed, nosebleed, nosebleeds.
Speaker 3: Well on getting hold of them though, So how long were you on the on the website trying to gain you know what.
Speaker 2: I got on Live Nation, which I think is the website to get them on. And it was so well set out. So when you joined, you joined a Q and you could see where you were, so when I joined, I was about thirty one thousand in line.
Speaker 3: Seriously, I mean, why are they Why isn't he doing the g he's set out, there's thirty one thousand queueing already, just queuing alone.
Speaker 2: Yes, so I thought, oh, this won't happen. If it doesn't, it doesn't. We didn't tell Audrey she was getting tickets.
Speaker 3: So she saw you after the show you were, you know, we were talking about how much the tickets were. Then he also going, maybe she's too young for it. I think it's not like an X rated performance. He's aage age of his fan base. It's probably a twelve or thirteen year old boy and girl.
Speaker 5: So are you worried about that exposed check?
Speaker 3: No, no is out there. She's more like Eve Button.
Speaker 2: She's more like a Jewel Lipa or a Taylor Swift. But I wanted more so even to go and see him. So you know, it only took like twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: That's even worse. What you've got some bite. Look, you're fifty this she fifty one. Next year. Once he starts getting that v app he's got out, you'll be throwing your nickers and bra at him, or you going mom, Mom, you're going to get thrown out. I'm wired about about you. Nextually, so where are Because it's called Harry's house, so the stage goes a bit deeper. So if you're up in the nosebleas will she even't see any of Harry's house or just to shed in the backyard, the roof, just the beings down the side of his house. You know that there with all the overgrown weeds.
Speaker 2: Fel like we're in space looking down on Earth. Yeah, no, it's which I think it's like Section Bay from memory. We only got two tickets because we're quite pricey, but.
Speaker 3: Her husband won't be coming all to that one. Then just a little trip for the girls invited. Chris, drop you off, go have a bug around the corner of text to when we need picking up Jeeves, bring the car around and tend.
Speaker 2: But we got the Saturday night, which I'm pretty happy about. Not the Friday night.
Speaker 5: He's not going to be crap on the Friday. It needs to warm up on the Friday. He's doing a world tour.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he'll be all right for Friday. Patsy and can I ask how much were they.
Speaker 2: Four fifty in total?
Speaker 5: For the two.
Speaker 2: So that's Christmas sorted for miss four fifty? Can I like dodge that with my tax Can I say it's recent?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think you're a journalist, and so if you're going to ride about if he's in the news, Patsy.
Speaker 3: He's a journalist is a new thing since I've been away from Easter.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, just got my taste certificate.
Speaker 3: Let's get her a card. Who knew Patsy's a journalist?
Speaker 1: It's news the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: I just remembered something I did this morning. I thought I saw you driving into the car park, so just to get the banter going early, I flipped you the butt and then as it drove, buss went that isn't jail.
Speaker 5: I didn't see that.
Speaker 3: It was a small woman and I don't know, I don't know who it was, and she didn't double take. She saw me, and then she couldn't believe the reality of like why would he Well, he's all friendly on air. I met that crucioise. He flipped me the butt at five thirty am. Who's that angry getting into it? I thought he loved his.
Speaker 5: Job and I've done nothing wrong with just driving into a car park, Paul, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I've never seen this little woman before. I'm gonna have to go and do a walk around the building to see who I own apology to. I don't know who was. Can we find out who?
Speaker 6: Was she?
Speaker 2: On foot or in a car?
Speaker 3: She was it was?
Speaker 5: If it was fucking I would hopefully he would.
Speaker 3: Notice it wasn't for Jack Post, Goldielocks or a small lady. It's a good point. Even at five point thirty, i'd know the difference to and not. So if it was on foot and I just still did that, it's even more aggressive because she could have said, what are you doing? What you know? Don't even question it, just get in there? Do you know who I am? Take this? So anyway, if that personel memory is in the building right now, I'm very sorry. I thought it was Jack Post. Even saying I thought it was Jack doesn't make it all right. AnyWho lates the party your home, of all the emails, anything we talk about on the show, you can pick it back up. Nothing is ever left completely dead. Big Talk Yesterday, Big Talk Yesterday one of my most popular phone ins of the year. Wow we if you missed it, where the hell were you at five past seven. Historians will note this when we simply asked you, do you have a top loading washing machine? Because Jackie Boy has ordered one, and I always thought top loader is the sort of thing that you see in your nan and granddad's house. No one under the age of seventy two. But is delivery day.
Speaker 5: Today Christmas morning?
Speaker 7: For us?
Speaker 5: I cannot wait, game changer. We may never see a front loader again. That old mind gone on the fritz. Goodbye to you.
Speaker 3: Have you rearranged the shells you've had to do to make a company inter fit it in.
Speaker 5: I've taken off the shells. So now there's just a big gap where the front the top.
Speaker 3: Loader is going to slode get a home there.
Speaker 5: It's got its home for us lid. I'm going to be standing up doing washing. I'm going to be turning the washer on and then remembering I didn't put that in. I can still put it in because it's a top loader and it is not lot.
Speaker 3: So lots of emails came in even after we had a lot of fun calls on air about this. Jenny Kristian, I've had a top loader washing machine, wouldn't have anything else had it since nineteen ninety eight. Still going strong. This comes from Allison Booth. Top Loaders are the bomb. Christian. I brought my five and a half K top loader when I moved out of home at twenty one. I'm forty three. It's still going strong. I've got four kids raging from five to sixteen. It's never missed a beat. Christian on What I Love. This is quite a formal email from Julie Haddock. Do you think we could do an eight zed one day if listenings have got the surnames of animals, mammals, anything after Julie Haddock. Here, what a name, miss or missus Haddock. That is incredible Julie Haddock. Hi Christian. On Wednesday, during the discussion on Now, I heard mentioned that you couldn't open a front loader to add close after it had started the wash cycle. I want to let you know that my front loader has a feature called ad garment which allows additional clothes to be able to join the wash cycle. In fact, commer it can even be used when the total wash volume has been reached, as the washer will drain the water to a lower level if necessary so the door can be opened safely. I have used the frontloader. For many years. My husband used to work for a company that's applied washing machines to laundromats, and he told me that front loaders, excuse me, we're coming late to the party. They're backing me up. Front loaders are more efficient, more gentle on clothes, and use less water than top loaders or not.
Speaker 5: If you're draining it to put a new garment.
Speaker 3: In my words the words of Julie had.
Speaker 5: Also more gentle on clothes.
Speaker 3: This T shirt, it's not been bruised. I guarantee you're coming tomorrow. You know you're run over. Run over.
Speaker 2: You got that turnstile in the middle that thrashes your clothes, that actually catches dirt, and.
Speaker 3: It's mugging it to bash the dirt out of it. It's like that remember the swimming bar pool where you could put your trunks in that machine clothes That was a top loader, which is like, that's what you've got.
Speaker 5: You need a bit of friction. It's like a massage on the garment clothes.
Speaker 3: Prefer load is four play. Toploader is the real deal.
Speaker 2: No frontload is like a little message gently caressing the clothes coats.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 3: It's like it's kneading it out gently, ineffective.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you by this time next week, I'll have watched so many clothes brilliantly that you guys will be going out to topader.
Speaker 3: Do you mind if I bring some my clothing, both of you bring wash?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 3: Check see what my t shirts feel? Okay, alright, try to wash? Alright? One final one here from Gary Christian and I've had a top load of thirty years. I love it so much. It was the only thing I took in the breakup. Imagine that get out, well, help me with this top loader. What about the dog or anything like that. It's your dog, Garret, doesn't matter. I'm taking this toploader with me. Not one issue with the machine, Christian. It was stronger than the marriage. This feels like the last line in the country in Western song. One issue with the machine. It was stronger than the marriage. Taw Jack the once he's got the top loader, he will never look back. So with you in the breakup.
Speaker 1: I think the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Yesterday on the show, we were talking about the ongoing probably one of the biggest performances of Johnny Depp's life right now, in the dock with this defamation case between him and his ex wife. Amber heard and I played this clip out and it was Johnny Depp in the dock, okay, talking about something that had gone on in the relationship. And so many of you emailed after the show saying you've gone on YouTube to go find the clip. You wanted to recoupt the moment you first heard it. Yesterday where us like you were, you never thought you'd hear these words coming from Johnny Depp's mouth, let alone, I think just about the politest way of describing the act of a number two. Have you ever heard of this raise dropping a grumpy?
Speaker 9: I thought that some human being had actually drop a grumpy bur term on.
Speaker 3: To the bed. It's the way, he says, because that is a very It's about the politest way you can say. What that is, right, dropping a grumpy It's the way he then goes, pardon the term. It's like it said, you know, and some human being had backed out a tim tam on the bed. Part of the term that would be that would need that as well. But anyway, yesterday, mad about midday, I got a lovely email from Susan Mahoney, who is on her lunch break and she went to the cafe. She obviously works at Bunnings at Rosebud and on the chortboard there was a big sign saying a coffee and day keeps the grumpy. I don't know if the sign writer was listening to the show yesterday, and I.
Speaker 9: Thought that some human being and actually dropped a grumpy baron term on.
Speaker 3: To the bed. Thank you very much, Susan, and there many others who emailed about that. Well.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to Debbie first of all.
Speaker 10: Good morning Debbie, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 7: How are you.
Speaker 3: I'm good, I'm very good. So tell us about the drive that you're on right now.
Speaker 7: Well, i live in Frankston and I'm driving two hours to kill More to have my hair done at my hairdressers.
Speaker 3: Frankston. There are hair addresses in Frankston, all places very near Frankston. Why are you driving two hours to get your hair done?
Speaker 7: Because I'm almost sixty and I've got brown hair. I'm going up to have it bleached and go bright purple red. And in Frankston it costs three hundred and over three hundred dollars. But my hairdressers.
Speaker 11: It's eighty dollars.
Speaker 5: Eighty bus for a cut and color. Very good.
Speaker 3: That is very good. However, the fuel alone right now, current fuel prices, you're still cheaper paying that three hundred and standing in Frankston, aren't you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a good Dieselso oh you laughing?
Speaker 3: Were you in a tractor your head in there? Or a combine harvester?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 7: No, No?
Speaker 3: And who's doing the hair? Is it an old hairdresser that's moved because I know how people get really attached to her good hairdresser.
Speaker 7: No, she's a friend and she does my daughter in law's hair, and we've been going to her for over four.
Speaker 11: Years and she's just fantastic.
Speaker 3: Could you not meet halfway? She's that good of mate. Can't you just meet somewhere ever, have like a brunch together and then she just knicks around the back and gives you a trim and sorts your hair out.
Speaker 7: No, she works from home and she's got a baby, so it's a lot easier.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a lot going on. She's boob feeding with one, you know, and then she's cutting your hand with the other one. All right, well, listen, I think it's great that at almost sixty you are going to have your head? Is it purple and red bride?
Speaker 7: Purple on top and red underneath.
Speaker 3: That's great? And what's what's prompted that?
Speaker 7: I just like the colors and I've always been a bit funny and had purple hair and green hair and orange hair.
Speaker 3: Awesome, all right, Debby, Yes you're quite right, Quite right, Debbie. Good on you. Thank you very much. You cool and have a good safe drive YouTube.
Speaker 7: Thanks bye.
Speaker 1: Tracy.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Tracy, Good morning christ Now are you? I'm good Tracy. What are you up to today? You're on the road and where are you going?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 3: On the road?
Speaker 4: Wake up at four thirty this morning. Left our workout at five point thirty, and we're driving down to the yacht lays, following the tractors with the big mowing things on the side.
Speaker 3: I think they're called blades or whatever it is. You don't care.
Speaker 1: A day.
Speaker 3: Their escort with the flashing orange line.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's right, and we're doing that from well, you start there at eight o'clock, but we've been on the roads. Is five point thirty and we'll be back at home at about six thirty.
Speaker 7: Strips.
Speaker 3: That is a long time. Now tell me this is it such a sort of big wide load where people have to pull over because I get don't you get rid of irritated if you see that orange flash? Come on some industrial equipment being moved.
Speaker 4: We are driving down a very narrow road today, so we'll have to pull over if anny cars come either way. But it's not a very big road. But it's yeah, it's a mad mad view for the day. Talk on the radios and listen to podcasts and stuff because we have no service.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, you're talking to a live radio show. Don't you mention a p word. We're on our late Kenny those podcasts after nine. I get it after nine, but come on support your breakfast show.
Speaker 4: We drop out of service within half an hour.
Speaker 5: That's acceptable there, all right?
Speaker 3: Okay, then you can play a podcast.
Speaker 7: That's right.
Speaker 4: Yes, I tell you what radio as much as we can.
Speaker 3: And then thank you is why don't you stay on hold and you can just hear the show in the background. We call you. We cover all the costs.
Speaker 5: We should actually offer that service to anyone driving out of range. We'll put on and.
Speaker 3: Hold y Tracy, have a good safe drive. Thank you for calling the show and listening for the next twenty two minutes. Thank you, Thank you, and then over to the iHeart Platform of course where our show lives on there. Thank you. The bosses love it when I mentioned that they're never happy that when I mentioned that iHeart Platform. There's today's one boss.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Call on the show in about five minutes time. Jimmy Barnes. Whenever we get Jimmy on the show, he's a treat. I think he's a national treasure. Jimmy Barnes and did so many lovely things every day, the little live music sessions he was doing at home during lockdown. Jimmy is actually going back out on tour now that live music is back, and Patri and I talk about trying to get hold of tickets for Harry Styles. The og Harry Styles is Jimmy Barnes. All right, before Harry was doing Harry's house, Jimmy was doing Jimmy's house. It's very different kind of house, but he was doing Jimmy's house. Okay, the og Styles is Jimmy Barnes. He's back out doing his Soul Deep tour and if any of you know, people went up to see the Blues Festival, but Byron last week Jimmy was singing there and apparently it was amazing. He's still got it. You saw him on the original tour, didn't you. Perhaps, Yeah, like one.
Speaker 2: Was the early nineties. I saw him at Rock a Longer in Narrawanga and he was through that crooner was it crooner sort of stage. He was brilliant. Daesel was on the bill, his brother in law Boom Crush Opera.
Speaker 3: It was great though, that was awesome.
Speaker 1: Brow. You're listening to the Question o'kyle's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Whenever he's on the show. I love chatting to Jimmy Barnes. And the great news is he's calling the show today because we can go and see him live. It's so great. You know, we've been talking our show about us trying to get tickets for our teenage kids to go and see Harry Styles. Next year. You can go and see Jimmy Barnes live, who is amazing live. So Jimmy Barnes is on the line right now. Jimmy, you must be so excited. You're getting back out there. You're going to do what you love.
Speaker 12: Live in front of us, absolutely, and especially to be doing these songs from the Soldi thirty album, because the thing about recording this album Christian thirty years ago, I realized the importance of the quality of songs.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 12: I put this album out and I thought, oh, this might be okay, And of course I went to become the biggest record I've ever had, and that's based purely on the quality of songs. And I just I love singing these songs live.
Speaker 3: Did you enjoy blues Fest last week? Had some friends up there said it was amazing.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we had a really great time. Oh, you know, it was really nice to get out and do what we all do best, which is, you know, make rock and warn music in front of a big crowd. The audience were really really in full. Voice of were very low, and all the bands were just dying to get up and play. It was awesome.
Speaker 3: And what have you missed about live? Because it's hard work, isn't it? Touring?
Speaker 12: Well, it's hard work, but it's a slepping around. It's a hard work, you know, getting like anybody going through airports, travel and you know you're gonna drive for eight hours, say gig or something like that. That's it's always hard work, but it's a reward at the end of it that makes it all worth while. My wife and I we did songs every day during lockdown and we were putting them up on social media as you've known.
Speaker 3: And Jimmy, I've got to say on a half of so many of us because obviously you know, I'm here in Melbourne with six lockdowns, so many of my listeners we watch those every day. It was like, you're doing us a public service. Thank you to you and your wife for doing that.
Speaker 12: It was actually doing other public service question because it was really it kept us and not only did to keep us connected to the audience, but it kept us connected as a couple too. It was really good fun. But in saying that, there's something you know which you know, you sort of you know, you take for granted for a long time, and then then when it's taken away like it was through the pandemic, you know, you realize that that connection that you make with an audience at a live show is really what brings that whole thing to life.
Speaker 3: And what is on the ride of these days? Do you have much on there now? What's on there now?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 12: You know, listen. There's all sorts on there. I mean, my my drink of choices, honey and hot water. You know, but that's that's good, just because that's good for singing, you know, but lots of water. You know. There's there's always a bottle of whiskey on there. There's always a bottle boy on there. You know, the boys, the boys the band drink and you know, they're like there's a there's always a bit for guests and they'd be here and you know, but it's you know, I mean, whereas before The Rider was was was sort of bigger, bigger, a longer document than there's much less important though much just we just happy to get out and play shows.
Speaker 3: And tell me this, Who do you like? The sort of new wave of artists now I see this week that's Harry Styles is coming over next year.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and he's he's he's very good. My daughter loves him and I've seen some videos he shows. He's a young fellow, has come through really quick, and he's got a good depth to him. You know that people really like him. Any snappy act very There's a lot of talented young musicians out there and they're listening to everything from grunge to punk to crooning, and they find the ways of combining them all. Music's really changed over the years, and there's lots of bands that are still really taking what we were doing and reinterpreting it and making it even more special.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I'd like to hear? A collaboration between you and Harry Styles. That'd be good.
Speaker 12: Can you organize? I'm in.
Speaker 5: On your show?
Speaker 12: You tell him, yes, Jimmy.
Speaker 3: And what would you do? What would you if you could pick any song to do with him? What would it be? An old classic of soul, one, a motown one, a samkin I think.
Speaker 12: Probably a motown song or something like that would be good. Yeah, you'd have to have something to get moved in, so you know, I don't know whether it be like we have Money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that'd be brilliant.
Speaker 12: You have one of those great old songs weegan bands off each other. He'd be awesome.
Speaker 3: Now tell me this on the show, Jimmy, we're talking about the birds and the bees. Do you remember how did you find out about the facts of the of life? Jimmy?
Speaker 12: Oh, you know, I found out like a lot of people did in the school. Yeah, but I remember remember father didn't talk much about any of that, and my mom they're just sort slappy by me and said, look, just don't ask questions and get out of here. But my stepfather, the bless his heart, my stepfather and Adelaide. I remember it came the day he decided he was going to give me the big sex salk, and he and he took me aside, said sit down somewhere, you know, we've got to talk. And I could see he was so nervous. He was, you know, he was terrified. And he said, and I said, what do you want to talk about? And he said, oh, you know, we're going to talk about you about sex and stuff. Said, don't worry about a couple of years too late. You know, I'm okay, but I'm in a band now.
Speaker 3: And then suddenly when you're a dirt. You know, how did you handle those chats.
Speaker 12: The time all happened with us, you know, sex education in schools, it wasn't a taboo subject. My kids couldn't do anything that would surprise me, you know, because that's so it was just we were very open family, and you know, there was you just have to sort of be prepared to talk about anything over the dinner table with your family, because you know that's what you do, open line at communication with no repercussion. So just built a talk freely.
Speaker 3: Well, if you're taking requests when I come and see you on tour, I'd like to hear you do. Let's talk about sex, baby. I think you could do a rip raw and cover version of that. Jimmy, do it with Harry all right, Jimmy, I love chante you always. Jimmy, You're a force for good in the world. Go and see the Great Man live. Tickets are on sound now at ticker Tech. Jimmy Barnes The Christian Connell Show podcast. We just heard yesterday that John Farnham has said yes to playing live on Farnham Avenue for us. That is such great news. If you build a chat, they will come. I need to describe I just before we get into what we need to talk about. I just need to describe what has happened to me right now. The single most important thing in a radio studio right a little bit of tech talk here is something called the microphone. All of us radio DJs, we cannot communicate or talk to you without the microphone. Now, this is the number one station in a great big city like Melbourne, Jack, can you describe what is keeping my microphone up in place so I can do the show today?
Speaker 5: Four strategically placed elastic bands, and one has come undone.
Speaker 3: I was just talking to Check about twenty minutes ago, and mid break, the microphone just collapsed on me. It's almost that the microphone went borring, it became a teenager or self aware. I'm out, Oh god, how much longer in this break?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: Every day? Oh top loaders. The microphone quit on me, right, It just sort of clapsed, and so we asked for the engineer.
Speaker 7: Dan.
Speaker 3: The engineer came in with a collection of elastic band and told me to look the other way. I'm literally doing the show with that four elastic bands, given this microphone in place. So anyway, let's talk about about what we talked about yesterday with Patsy. Patsy was telling us how she had to have a zoom chat with the school, which is very responsible of them, just introducing how they're going to how to educate your daughter about the birds and the bees.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how you can best support you know, It's like a joint effort, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think that's a that's a great way to start the conversation. And do you do a part first, Patsy and then the school do they do do the kind of like the warm up show?
Speaker 2: Well, i'd like to think so, I don't want her to hear it first on campus.
Speaker 3: On campus.
Speaker 2: In the playground.
Speaker 3: Do you hope she's going to find out about it in Harry's kitchen next year at Harry Styles? So are you you and Chris going to do your part? And then the school will sort of pack it up with a few more sort of you know, biological facts and images and big photos.
Speaker 2: That's the very very loose plan. The Love God and I haven't actually sat down and discussed how we're going to conduct said speech, but yeah, we do need to get together.
Speaker 3: And is he going to be in the room?
Speaker 2: Of course he needs to be.
Speaker 3: I was it was requested that I not be in for the chat, not just that that when Sarah had the chat that I was to leave the house. I'm not making any of.
Speaker 5: This right eye contact.
Speaker 3: I had to leave the house, so I walked to the pub and then I got the saddest text message about sort of an hour later. She knows you can come home. When I went back in that house, everything awkward, or could walk up to the bedroom and don't come in. You need to have a chat. I do not want to talk about it. Mom told me what you did? What did she say? Listen? I think is he gone? One night he broke into the bedroom. Jack was telling us yesterday, how tell them about the questionnaire? This scheme can never have taken on. This must have been a trial idea.
Speaker 5: I think it's probably short lived. I had to take home a questionnaire from school. Every kid had to do it, and you were to ask your parents intimate questions about when they started to grow hair under their arm pits and in special places.
Speaker 3: This is insane. It's like a pest conference. You don't want to hear your parents talk about any of that stuff. Let them do it detailed, quiz with them.
Speaker 5: No, it's on at the dinner table, right before everybody eats, and you get your homework out and you can hardly look mum and dad in the eyes as you asked.
Speaker 3: Him when they went through changes, terribel are you dear?
Speaker 2: And also sharing it with the classroom and the teacher. I wouldn't want to do.
Speaker 3: About oh you did you have to then report back school report? Well you didn't, you didn't, Jack, would you like to get up in front of the class down? But when your dad hit puberty and when his bulls dropped, it wasn't showing.
Speaker 5: Tell my dad was actually a late bloomer and didn't get here until he was sixteen and a half.
Speaker 3: Now everyone knows, Jack, and so where you spoke to your mum yesterday to see if she could remember.
Speaker 5: I asked mum if she remembered the questionnaire?
Speaker 3: All right, let's haven't listened to this from Jill post.
Speaker 6: Jack brought the questionnaire home and started asking us and got through questions like when did you reach puberty and what was it like for you? And then it got onto trickier questions about what we had known about six and that's when he tapped out.
Speaker 3: That was too much for Jack refused to ask us any more questions.
Speaker 6: I don't know what he told his teacher when he went back, Whether he made some stuff up or he just failed that, you know, I'm not sure. I hope now that he's sorted it out.
Speaker 3: I was worried then, well, obviously I was worried then when she said aout tricker questions like what position or anything that's get.
Speaker 5: Down to the sketch out some diagrams.
Speaker 3: All right, So how did you find out about the birds and bees? Was it an awkward fumble conversation between with just mum or mum and dad or an elder brother or sister or the school. We want to know how did you find out?
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: So I just want to say, obviously we are talking about the birds and bees right now. I know there are a lot of mums and dads listening with maybe kids who've got younger ears. If this is something that they're not ready for you to be talking about, maybe don't listen for the next ten minutes of the show and you can come back at eight o'clock. Now they've all gone, let's talk about the birds and bees. This is some kind Christian. When I was in grade five, my twin sisters were in grade three, my mom and dad handed me a book called Where Did I Come From? And told me I need to go and read it to my sisters. That's how we all found out about the Bones and the Beach.
Speaker 5: The school gave us the same book I from.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the one we had to get obviously upgraded. Now it was a big old book as well, one hundred and eighteen pages. I was like, we don't you know it's you need a page tops right, maybe another one for some of that cross section images of the man cutting off and the lady cut off. You need two or three pages. One hundred and eighteen pages. And it was cool because obviously you know it's more sort of sensitive times. It was called let's talk about where babies come from. The kids are like, that's not peace, that's not Actually some emails that have come in Christian When I told my daughter she was horrified. When her dad came home from work that night, she said, oh God, dad's home. I can't look at him Christian. I never did get the two this is from Anne. Instead. At school we were given a booklet that apparently described all we needed to know. It was written by a nun. No a picture of the devil. He's waiting for you if you take your skirts off. Girls, listen, Carrie, a school friend of nine, told me. But I did not believe her and replied to say, I said to her, my mum would not do that. Let's go to Renee. Good morning, Good morning, good morning, Renee. So how did you find out about the birds and the bees?
Speaker 10: My parents were ministers and we don't talk about things like that, so I learned. I was horrified to learn everything about the birds and bees in class at school, in front of everybody else who didn't look shocked.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable, isn't it. Yeah, there'll be lots of people, lots of parents sadly who and it's not right, but this is the way it was. It was that it was a school to job to educate your kids. And also what a what a shame way to be about our bodies. And you know, just there's such a childish word, a bit like always too awkward to talk about. Let the school do that really serious conversation we was going to talk to.
Speaker 10: No one else in the classroom looks shocked, like I feel like I was the only one in the class that didn't know.
Speaker 3: I remember when, I think it was before my mum and dad told me, and like a mate of mine told me, and it was barely believable. I think you couldn't quite understand that. Why would people You're always like, that's not true, what mabeard this? That is not true? Why would people do that to each other. Rennee, thank you very much. You cool no worries by Christian a picture of this. Then you live in a small country town of around six thousand people. It's time for sex said, and it was held in an old church. Wow, already the scene is set and the school nurse walks out to get the talk. And that school nurse was my mum. I cannot believe how lo I sunk down into my pew, Lisa, that is unbelievable. I remember the school nurse had so much power, didn't they? The school nurses? Thank you very much all these messages coming in, Christian. My parents got me a book when I was when I was about eleven. It was an interactive book. There's a photo of me reading it as well. Not really a moment for Instagram, is it? Quicks? You get it before and after? Before you found out and then afterwards you found out what mum and dad did. CON's on the line.
Speaker 14: Come on in, Conn, Christians, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good Conn, Welcome to the show. And how did you find out? Mate?
Speaker 15: I let the business base by walking on my grandparents having adult adults.
Speaker 3: Non in Granddad, fair play play. Just just take a moment to just respect that. What where were they babysitting you?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 15: I summary, I can't remember why I've got I had to go after school, I had to go to their place and uh have.
Speaker 3: Afternoon to night with Nan and grand road Show was still on the background. That gets them going, carry off creatures great and smalls on in a minute.
Speaker 7: Yeah it was.
Speaker 3: It was more.
Speaker 15: Because they were I grew up in a pretty strict family, so we didn't really talk about that. And yeah, like I walked in and my grandfather was like, get out, get out, get out, and uh yeah, and so yeah, he obviously he got dressed and then came out and said, yeah, you know your parents do it, you know, And do you think you came about blah blah.
Speaker 3: Blah nine other Yeah, everyone, you know, everybody grower, Okay, don't come around here again after school. By the way, I'm around.
Speaker 15: Yeah. Yeah. My grandmother, my grandmother was she couldn't she couldn't looked at me for about like three months.
Speaker 3: Yeahed a great thing.
Speaker 15: My father found a quantum, I think my mom yeah, she was a bit more too as well. But yeah, we laughed about it, you know, for many years after that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that is a gem of a story. Kind. I'm going to send your prize you when he made us laugh. Thanks Bundy, thank you for not a problem.
Speaker 1: B you're listening to the question you know Carls Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Yesterday on the show, we have this call from Debbie.
Speaker 12: My husband.
Speaker 14: When he was about nineteen, he went in a sports store in Melbourne City and he actually.
Speaker 12: Sold a pair of runners to Leo Sayer.
Speaker 13: So he never lets us forget it.
Speaker 3: Even this many years on, and he's right to never let that story ever die down. So today we want to follow this up with other stories and sightings of celebrities at the checkout. Christian I served Harold Bishop a beer we would accept. I mean that it's a checkout one of the greatest checkuts they can be at the bar, the bar. Thank you very much. From Mitch, I love this one. Collect My daughter served Liam Hemsworth Adam Macers drive through.
Speaker 5: That is how you get that red.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Christian I sold Pierce Brosnan a did wed at an art gallery at an art gallery on Laguna Beach in California. I love that, all right, So celebrities at the checkout, not just if you've served them. It's if you are lucky enough to serve someone famous a through the deadlisters, howld bishop of somewhere in there you can work out where he is. But also actually just seeing anyone at the checkout or buying something. I saw a celebrity one half of Go West, you know we play King of wishfle thinking, uh, the keyboard player. I saw him returning a mop to t K Max. He always hates someone who's ahead of you in the in the cure up returning something because they've got to ring that bell, go get this. Steve's got to come out, gotta you've got to fill out your dress. It's such a fac And I was like, that's the guy from that's the King of wishful thinking.
Speaker 5: And he wasn't happy with how the mob.
Speaker 3: Was not wishell thinking. He wished he hadn't got that mop he was. I think it was like the refund because I saw it, like nothing in t K max is over about eleven minks. Surely there's enough go whet money lefvel you can afford a mop.
Speaker 5: But it's the principle.
Speaker 3: It's the principle. Yes, that's right, all right, So celebrities at the checkout? Who have you seen? Who have you served?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian, I'm loving the drama, the ongoing drama. It's gonna have his own Netflix show about the gonna have his own podcast about your microphone collapsing. Can I just say, cable ties fix everything? Okay? Ted Bundy dislivered yourself. We don't need to know. Paul and Coop we rob all right, So we're asking about celebrities at the checkout on nine four one four, one oh four three. Hey Jess, Hey Christian, how are you. I'm going Jess, Welcome to the show. So celebrities at the checkout. Yeah.
Speaker 16: So I was working in a little beach a little beach Hutstaal Shops in the island of Abiza about ten years ago. Yeah, and I happened to look up from my from my serve encounter and a lady walked in with sunglasses on and took them off, and it was actually Goldie Horn.
Speaker 3: Did you say anything?
Speaker 17: She ended up, you know, looking around the shop and you know, and she'd actually come off of us is an enormous boat that was parts direct the opposite where the shop was situated, and she's sarted looking around, and I recommended her all of my favorite clothes to try on, of which she decided to she loved and she literally brought everything in every different color possible and it ended up spending about a thousand dollars in my.
Speaker 16: Little shop on the ball.
Speaker 3: You could shut for the rest of the week. Can't if Goldie Horns done that.
Speaker 16: It was unbelievable.
Speaker 17: Yeah, thing was.
Speaker 16: She actually had to call back to the boat to get her perseport over.
Speaker 3: My purse and got and dingy with a great big purse. Now with giant purse pers over on the purse, dinghy Jess. That's a great one. Thank you very much and cool. Oh good thanks Simon, good morning, there are going I'm going super side. What have you got for us?
Speaker 8: So I got too. This is working at Virgin Music, the megastore on Champel Straight. So back when DIDs and CDs were a thing.
Speaker 3: Still remember on Virgin megastores they were great.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 8: It was a good times. So the first one I had was Valentino Rossi. So he's a yeah, so I'm add of myself, not a bit of a stand girl moment, and came down he saw my helmet for me. So I was pretty pleased with that.
Speaker 3: And the next one was you happened to have it handy just in case. Valentino Rossi, one of the greatest motorcyclists ever, came in. There is this day. What happened? I don't even have a bike.
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, I ride my mind back to work every day. So I was I was lucky that was signed.
Speaker 3: So that's so cool you got Rossie to sign it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And then and the other one was Chris Lily. So Chris Lily the Strain actor a TV. I can't remember what it was, but he came up to my counter. You know when the count you're busy, you got about three or four people deep, and you sort of look at the people to say, look, oh, we even in a minute. So I gave him that look. I was like, well, I'll be in a minute, and he looked back at me and he gave me a Jamai look, which is one of.
Speaker 3: The amazing character been shoplifting and he.
Speaker 8: Wasn't to impress. And then went to over counta so.
Speaker 3: Do you know who I am? Goldie hole cute.
Speaker 8: It was a bit of that he's probably buying day.
Speaker 3: All right, Simon, thank you very much. She cool. Belinda. Hello, Hello there, Belinda.
Speaker 15: Hi here you going?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yes, yeah, Belinda, pick up the pace, Belinda at the checker. Who you seen?
Speaker 7: That's twenty years ago.
Speaker 14: I saved Delta Goudroom when she was at the height of her saying that Baker's thought still like this now, this is.
Speaker 3: Worth getting with the pauses. What was she buying at Baker's tonight at the height of her fame?
Speaker 10: She was a bit indecisive.
Speaker 13: I think she went for an apple scroll in.
Speaker 3: The end, so I get very indecisive. Everything looks great. You're a sweet shop.
Speaker 10: Our uniforms were not great, but everything else was good.
Speaker 3: Also, I feel cipher for Delta Goodroom. If she's listening right now, she just found out she peaked twenty years ago. Listen your apex twenty years ago? And did you serve anyone else in Bakers? Did I? Or just Delta?
Speaker 10: I was in Pop Melbourne. There's a lot of celebrities at the time, or footballers and.
Speaker 5: A lot of water bees.
Speaker 3: You think you're good enough for Bakers to like? Dear? No apple straw for you, Belinda, Thank you very much and cool. Thanks Christian and apologies to anyone who works with Delta Goodrum. She's still very much in a peak.
Speaker 1: Look Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Come for the show, Stay for the Jeff Kennett stories. We're talking to her about celebrities at the checkout. Who have you seen being served? Maybe you've served them? I've got Suddenly two Jeff Kennett ones have come in, Christian. Jeff Kennett walks into my liquor store, stopped the counter and asked how much the Dreichinjerrell was. I told him. He walked out competitive enough, went across the road to Cole's. I love the way. Easy to compare the market, you know how the price of the market, price of dry chin Jerrell. He's not sure of a bobble too, is he either?
Speaker 5: Oh, buy my licky here but to the mixer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Daniel, thank you very much for that, Christian. I used to work at Target in the city and the premier at the time. Jeff Kennet's him again, came in and brought a twenty twenty dollars kettle. That's the man who was treasurer at the time. He's balancing his budgets. He also brought a heap of mops and buckets. Rachel, that's great, Christian. I serve Billy Brownless a burger and beer. There's literally no surprise in that. Of course you were what else wore you having at the Crown Christian? Just a coincidence. Actually had dream last night I worked in a servo and sold Frodo Baggins some afl Oh, the stars are lining up for your rob It's a premonition. All right. This is a great one from Ben Christian. Listen to the show. To me, he's a going my UNI day. So this is amazing story. I hope someone sends this to I was going to think of Peter one night to delivered to an absolute megastar of the af FED at the time, Brendan Favola, and he was, wasn't it.
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Brendan was very friendly and polite. We'd expect no less as a hand in him. Is fourteen dollars ninety five pizza. It gave me fifteen bucks and waited it's five cents change. A hell of a player, but could have been a tadmire generous with the withholding you a five cent tip. Ben, that's a great one. Thank you very much. All right, let's go to the lines down. Last couple of calls. Mellie, thank you very much recording in what's your story?
Speaker 14: Hi guys, I actually served Mark Jacko Jackson in the city at one of the seven elevens I used to work at many many years ago. This was back when his energizer adds were out and I sold him batteries.
Speaker 3: Was he filming the New Land and you just didn't realize it?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 8: No, no no.
Speaker 5: And did he buy energizers?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 14: No, no, he bought the competitors.
Speaker 3: That's even better. Did he say to you don't tell about this? Okay?
Speaker 14: No, he actually looked a bit cheap because I actually said to him, like having you got like a lifetime supply. But yeah, he looked a bit sheepish and didn't didn't say much.
Speaker 3: Amazing scenes, great story, many thank you very much.
Speaker 14: You cool, Thank you, Bye bye.
Speaker 3: Judy. All right, Christian gang Game welcomes you to the show. What have you got for his Tuney?
Speaker 11: Well, I was at I worked at Bunnings, and I was on the toolshop register, which was across from the service desk, and there was a young girl at the service desk, and all of a sudden, Brian Taylor walked up to her register, and I'm laving my hands and I'm trying to point to her and I'm saying, that's Brian Taylor.
Speaker 7: T yes.
Speaker 11: So she finally clicked on. She laughed, and she's pointed at me, and she actually sent him over to my register. So I had to serve him.
Speaker 3: That's yeah, that's a friend helping sister.
Speaker 11: She was gorgeous girl.
Speaker 12: And I was so embarrassed.
Speaker 11: I think I was as red as my uniform.
Speaker 3: What was buying?
Speaker 12: By the way, I think he had a hammer and.
Speaker 11: So yeah, so he like he was lovely. He sort of smiled at me and he said, you know, I'm guessing you're calling with supporter, and I'm like, yeah, absolutely, So then you sa I'm were apron for me.
Speaker 3: That's lovely holding that hammer. And then it just casually wanders out holding a hammer.
Speaker 11: Absolutely he did.
Speaker 3: Wow. All right, Judy, thank you very much. You cool.
Speaker 11: Thanks, Thanks guys.
Speaker 3: Vanessa, Hello Vanessa, Hello.
Speaker 1: Hi everyone, Hello world. We've been waiting for you.
Speaker 3: Vanessa. What's your store about? Celebrity at the checkout? Mate?
Speaker 13: Yes, I was working in my Melbourne. It would have been back in the late eighties, early nineties, and a lot of celebrities through that busy store.
Speaker 3: When you're in town, when you're playing the rod Labor, you go.
Speaker 13: To Mile That's it the place to be. And I actually was working at the Christian daw fragrance counter and I met this lovely Irish guy and it ended up that he was Bono's drummer.
Speaker 3: Otherwise simply as Bono's drummer. He's actually you too, drummer, even pa and drummer. And he picked up my drag cleaning. Hey, that's amazing. And what was he was? He buying some dire obviously from your counter he did.
Speaker 13: He bought Sarrenheit, which is it?
Speaker 3: He would have gone for his master bonner another Splitzer bonner.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Good morning to listener Tim rosso Ross, who's just obviously heard the show at this Benistena Patsy's news about about blower recal. Tell me you're going to do the next half an hour about that blow recal from Buddings. Anything with the Sito isn't very good. Someone's just texting here, I've got a Zito blower. There's no one. I'm taking it back. I use it every day with no travelers. Today's price isn't Azito blower.
Speaker 5: I think Zito even knows that they're the cheap alternative to real power.
Speaker 3: I feel sorry right now. What if someone's going to work and then the brand manager of a Zito where they're ride in the morning, they're like, guys, please don't turn on me. All right, today's time waste another great prize two hundred and fifty dollars worth of Kenny's Meats. Kenny's meets the Home of Love and Solow Barbecue, Meats, Robs and Saucers in Victoria. Today is World Health and Safety Day, so we're asking you to make a movie safer. You ready for my safe movie?
Speaker 5: I'm ready.
Speaker 3: Marley and Me is not a very safe movie, is it? That dog dies? You know, but the other dog that didn't talk about the healthy one. That's right. His younger brother Morlly Morlly and me younger brother Tomrley. That's as good as we're going to get today from me. Okay, broke back Mountain. I mean you know they hurt their backs. You know, lived with your legs mountain. You're not going to knack. That's okay? O s h as eleven O s H's eleven.
Speaker 2: Occupational health and the same.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, if PA's going to help me out in trouble, she's as detail of the show. But I mean by that is rallying for money, dependable, No dramas. Tell me what you start.
Speaker 5: Daring dramas they flooded themselves.
Speaker 3: On you dance with wolves. That is dangerous. Someone's eye out with that, okay, Kevin Costner, what about dancers without wolves? Just dance there? You haven't heard this last one yet. Strapping from one of the worst for me of the year, Oh god, that movie. The Bridge is a Madison County actually very dangerous bridge bridge, however, the hedges of the enjoy your up. That's right, breathe it in, enjoy the stink bronze, Thank you proudly, Jackie boy. What have you got?
Speaker 5: Make a movie safer, Make a movie safer. The high visit of ours.
Speaker 3: Sorry, he said high visit to visit it's still the the He's all over us to bronze.
Speaker 5: Need for speed limit. We can't go too fast.
Speaker 3: I'm giving it like that.
Speaker 5: This is Ben. The new movie Secrets of Dumbledore dangerous, more way safer. The Secrets of Lock the door.
Speaker 3: What's happened to me?
Speaker 5: Secure?
Speaker 3: Just wandering the silver only to stop you talking about it.
Speaker 5: The Devil wears harness.
Speaker 3: He went forth the high right. Yes that's gold.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 3: Turn out to mark your time wasters on World Health and Safety Day, we're asking to make a movie safer all right. Don't forget Jackie Boys. Someone's winning two hundred and fifty dollars worth of Kelly's meats. Let's do it.
Speaker 5: For at speed, hum silver plus.
Speaker 3: Stuff like Daniel Clardy with a chance of cotton balls Silver Simon. The Devil's double bagged.
Speaker 5: Don't know if I know the movie Bronze, No Tough Luck.
Speaker 3: Jared band Aids of the Lost Dark Gold. That's very good. Edward bubble Wrap, hands cold? Johnny Depp? Do I play the clear Johnny Depp? You say, what's Johnny Depp been doing recently? Spinning Court has been telling all kinds of stories.
Speaker 9: I thought that some human being had actually dropped a grumpy onto the bed.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Life Jacket of pine silver plus, I thought that deserved a gold down. When Harry helmet Sally, that's very good. Andrew you mean Ppe Gold, Texas Chainsaw recal gold. Where's in that? Come on in your gold plus? So here we go, Tota recal of a Zito Gold off the breast, that one the airbags of Madison County. Rebecca Water Wing Boy Bronze, Darla m for Muffins Silver. It's an almost flashlight flow a back mountain.
Speaker 5: Silver.
Speaker 3: A star is Jason Bourne? What has that got it to it?
Speaker 5: Maybe Jason Bourde's making the world a safer place.
Speaker 3: Right, gotcha? Bronze, Missus put out Fire.
Speaker 5: Gold plus. All right, that's got the key.
Speaker 3: That Kenny's Meets. You didn't put your name on it. Please always put your name on when you're sending the time wastes. But whoever send that in your phone number ends in three zero four. You've won the Kennys Meets. That was very very good, said of missus down Fire, Missus put out Fire. Thank you very much. We are back tomorrow morning. Thank you very much to listen to the cool. Listen to the cool and let's say thank you very much. Sure you're calls today, very very funny stuff today and the time waste as we're back tomorrow. Have a great day.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian o'cyls Show podcast