Speaker 1: Life on Cut acknowledges the traditional custodians of country whose lands were never seated. We pay our respects to their elders past and present.
Speaker 2: Always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. This episode was recorded on Drug Wallamuta Land.
Speaker 3: Hi guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life on Cut.
Speaker 2: I'm Laura, I'm Brittany, and we are here to tell you a story. Please please go for Just so you guys know the timings of this, because of the live shows, we kind of had to move out recording schedules around a little bit. So normally we record our Tuesday episode, which is what this is, on the Monday. We keep it fresh, we keep it snappy and up to date. Yes relevant, it's what's happening in the world. Unfortunately, we had to record this on Friday, so it's a couple of days early because on Monday and Tuesday we're going to be in Canberra and then we're going to be in Brisbane doing the very last of the Life on Cut live shows. So sad like that's it's gone really quickly, I know, but also I'm kind of sad that we are not doing this episode off the back of the high of what would have been last night? Can we talk about the woman in the front row on the Gold Coast and the story she told us that she's currently going through with her partner.
Speaker 3: I have not recovered. I've not recovered.
Speaker 1: So it was more just like a general chit chat, and she she told us she was having some troubles with her partner.
Speaker 2: So I ask a question in the live show, which is who here is currently fighting with their partner?
Speaker 3: Who's currently fighting? Now, we always get.
Speaker 1: Fun answers, like, you know, he doesn't pick the kids up, He doesn't really do much like it's always like random stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and every time there's people who put their hands up and sometimes you know, the one girl was like, you know, we have incompatible sex lives because she's had a baby, doesn't have sex anymore relatable. Now, this woman put her hand up and yelled out that she was currently fighting with her husband.
Speaker 3: And the reason, we'll shock you. It's all that shocking.
Speaker 1: Oh no it is, But it's the aftermath of the reason that was the most shocking. So he they're fined because he went to balley and got jacked off or sucked off, like basically got a very very happy ending of sorts whilst they were together, so he cheated on her, but she knows about it. But it was the gas lighting after when we were like, she just said this out loud, right, she stood up in front of the whole auditorium and she goes, my husband was when got sucked off in Bali and.
Speaker 3: Got a rub and dug, let's not make it worse. We ejaculated to.
Speaker 1: Someone else, right, yes, And then we were like, oh my god, like, what happened?
Speaker 3: Did you leave his ass? Where are you at?
Speaker 1: And she said he said the reason he did it was because I go to bed at a different time to him. So what did she expect to happen because we have different sleep schedules that I'm not.
Speaker 3: I cannot make this up.
Speaker 1: He blamed him going and getting jacked off by someone else on the fact that they go to bed at different times.
Speaker 2: And then she said it's but he didn't even ask me if I wanted to, so she was still processing the black It was actually so, I mean, I know that there were people in the audience who thought maybe that was the plan.
Speaker 3: That was absolutely not a plant.
Speaker 2: We were as shocked, mortified, horrified as what everybody else in there was, and I mean, I feel so sorry for it. It's such a fucked thing to try and navigate. But also on the flip side of that, she like she was having a great time. Oh no, she was loving it, had a great time in love.
Speaker 3: I don't want anyone to think that this was like a real downer. She was just like, yeah, fuck him. The whole audience was like, yeah, fuck, it was wild. I really hope.
Speaker 2: I mean I know that usually we're like, I hope that you work it out, but no, off the back of that, I was like, I hope that you leave his ass.
Speaker 4: No. Do you know?
Speaker 3: It's one thing to cheat, right, but it's another thing.
Speaker 1: And I say that like it's okay, you guys know my stance and I'm not going to repeat it, But that is one thing. It's a whole nother kettle of fish to then go and blame the woman on why you cheat ith.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with a lack of accountability. And I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, we've had many conversations around cheating and how you can work through it if that's what you want, blah blah blah. But you cannot work through something if there's no acceptance of fault. You cannot work through something if somebody is blaming you for their own actions, especially when Yeah, it was so bad, but you know what, look, Gold Coast Live Show was amazing. Something happened to me just before stepping out on stage, and that was the story that was the tall tailor. I was gonna tell you, oh what you've forgotten this. It has affected me way more than it's affected you.
Speaker 1: Okay, I actually is it worse than me not wearing undies with a short dress on?
Speaker 3: Nah, you put undies on. So it was fine.
Speaker 2: Nothing really happened. No, So we were standing in the like what do you call it the tea room? The tea room backstage? And Matt's at home with the kids, so he didn't come with us to the Gold Coast show, so he stayed home, didn't come to that one.
Speaker 1: I'm actually still trying to think what it's called. I don't think it's a tea room. I think it's the dressing room. Well, they just put some food in. This is the room that had the tea in it. So I'm the champagne, so I get this message from me. We're standing at the back. It's like l it's there. Mkerrey's there.
Speaker 2: The whole team where like five minutes from going on stage, and he goes, Sobabe, I've just realized while the entire upstairs smells like shit, like human shit of our house that is. And then it dawned on me that the night prior, Lola had done a shit in the middle of the night, and I had changed her nappy, rolled it up like a burrito and left it sitting on the dressing table in your bedroom, in her bedroom, just left it there all day, baked in the sun in the warmth of the house.
Speaker 1: No, the humidity and the humidity hits different like it does like if you pee in Antarctic.
Speaker 3: Guy, it's not the same as if you pooed in like Mexico.
Speaker 2: Nah, frozen logs don't hit the same nah anyway. So yeah, the poor guy, he was home with the kids and a shit in the bedroom and now he hates me so he had to clean up. Yeah, but he just hates me. Now he's like hell.
Speaker 3: Ah, like he loves.
Speaker 2: Me, but he definitely has a bit of a grudge at the moment. O, don'tkay, Well, we're.
Speaker 1: Not gonna get let's scoot over that unless you talk about it.
Speaker 3: Is this the therapy session? Would you like to talk about that?
Speaker 4: Or no?
Speaker 3: We can move on from the shit. Okay, well let's talk about glory holes.
Speaker 1: I want to talk to you about a story going viral and I'm sure you guys have seen it, but I don't want to talk about this.
Speaker 3: We're talking about it.
Speaker 1: What do you mean we talked about it like the last two days, non stop, you were frothing this story.
Speaker 3: I am traumatized by this story.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now this is gone viral on TikTok and it is the TikTok story about the glory hole. And I feel like that's all I need to say. But maybe you haven't heard the story.
Speaker 3: Oh if you haven't, you were really missing out. Let me tell you.
Speaker 1: I know it is because it's a discussion that you will have around a campfire with your friends. You'll be wanting to knut this out or don't nut it out. You'll be wanting to break this story down and discuss it because it's so insane, and then you get into these deep like what would you do if you're in this situation? But there's a girl called Charlotte Walton who we can't be sure if she's the person that received this voice note or if she's the person that just shared the voice note.
Speaker 3: So this is the story to.
Speaker 4: A story because I'm literally telling everyone it's so horrific. So my friend me, who I was with yesterday, she's got a mate called Ellie who's in a house share in London, and Ellie shares with like a bunch of girls. One of the girls was telling her she's just been on a hendoo to Amsterdam wherever a stag and the hen went at the same time. I think they were all just like a mixed social group who kind of like knew each other. But then the stag went one day and the hen one way, and the hens.
Speaker 3: Went the other.
Speaker 4: And one of the girls on the hendo got super drunk and went into one of these booths with like a glory hole, and so a girl on the other side stuck his dick through. So the girl was just drunk and started sucking him off. But it was one of these ones apparently where like if like she pushes a button and the guy pushes the button on the other side, they can kind of see who's on the other side. Like it makes it like transparent like a window so they can see. And so, being drunk, she thought it would be hilarious to push his button just to see who she's been sucking off. And so she pushes the button and looks up and it's her dad on.
Speaker 3: The other side.
Speaker 4: Apparently, like the hen and the stag do all went home early because it was like so traumatic, and the girl's fallen out with all her family. The mom's obviously found out, and there's like not speaking to the dad, Like it's broken up the whole family because this girl such of her dad through a gloryhole.
Speaker 3: What the fuck?
Speaker 2: I can't I don't have it in me literally, metaphorically, spiritually anything.
Speaker 3: I need therapy, please. My first initial response is, this isn't true. I don't know if that's a defense mechanism that I've put up. It can't be true. That's a coping mechanism. Yes, it's got to be. The odds of this happening.
Speaker 1: It has to be a made up story to go viral like this is my initial response, because it's so viscerally disgusting.
Speaker 2: Do you know what, Like, let's just say it is true. Let's go with that, Let's lean into the story. Why would you tell anyone you take that shit to the gray you?
Speaker 1: Honestly, I mean, I couldn't agree more with this statement. Somebody wrote this information couldn't be tortured out of me?
Speaker 3: Not ever get me to say that. Also, what is.
Speaker 1: It called when you have to divorce your parents? You know, when kids divorce sarate. I would have to separate from them forever. I don't think I could emancipate yourself emancipaid. I don't think I could ever. I think I'd have to emanipay even though I'm thirty six, And.
Speaker 2: I don't think emancpaate myself because I sacked my dad's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry, what's the reason.
Speaker 1: You have to have a great reason why sack dud's dick voluntarily?
Speaker 3: Is the real issue here? Okay?
Speaker 2: Look, honestly, the only thing I keep coming back to is that there is nothing that anyone could ever do that would make me admit that that had just happened.
Speaker 3: I am not leaving that glory whole box. I'm walking out someone.
Speaker 2: I'm not walking out to the party and saying, oh my god, guys, we have to wrap it up because daddy's dick was in the hole.
Speaker 3: I'm not doing it. I'm going back to that.
Speaker 2: I'm going home, but I'm not telling anyone, And I.
Speaker 1: Reckon you tell someone eventually, even if it was one person, Like even if it was me, Like, what do you think I do?
Speaker 3: How do I handle this? You'd tell one person? What would you say your dad afterwards? You don't? You do not ever talk to him again? You're amanci baited.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you would say to your dad because you're obviously not gonna in all honesty, if you have a normal relationship with your dad before that, you're not gonna not ever talk to him again, right, But I don't know how you handle it. I think there's gotta be some space, like you have to have you have to have some time out surely, and then send you questions.
Speaker 3: Is the dad married to your mom?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So did he cheat on your mum with his daughter? Like or I'm not. I can't.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry, Please stop. This is why I think it can't be real. But I know that people wish it was real because it's wild, But I wish it was not real.
Speaker 3: I wish it was a tall tale.
Speaker 2: I think it okay, I mean, regardless, if it's a tall tale or not. My question is though, if you're walking into a room you're really drunk. Fine, I get it. People do crazy stuff. There's a penis or a gloryhole, you're like, whatever, whoo, I'm on my wild yes year of my life. Surely her dad's penis would have been an old man's penis, right like a thirty years older, thirty five years older. Surely she's looking at that going even not knowing it's the dad not knowing.
Speaker 3: How to be recognized that looks for million.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: But what I mean is is like, if someone's going to stick their penis to a gloryhole, you'd bloody hope it's a nice one that you're going to go for. If it's like a sad old man penis, are you going to really do it?
Speaker 3: But you don't know how old he was.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I feel like a penis would indicate age. Do they not age like every other part of the body.
Speaker 4: Nah?
Speaker 3: If that is rock hard, I don't think it gives away the age. Maybe flaster that would give away the age.
Speaker 1: But I reckon when it's through a gloryhole, you can't tell someone deceptive.
Speaker 2: Okay, I would love to know that. No, not with your dad. I'd love to know this though. If you're like dating someone who's significantly older than you, like twenty years, there's got to be someone who listened to this podcast who's dating someone who's that much older.
Speaker 3: You could just watch porno and have a look. Is their penis indicative of their age? Like? Is it saggier? Is this skin more sun damaged? I don't know what's happening some damaged? Who knows? Surely?
Speaker 2: Surely it looks like an old man penis, in which case, not that there's anything wrong. Maybe she likes a bit of age play, but like that would be the.
Speaker 3: First thing that would turn me off.
Speaker 1: Look, there's a lot of variables in this story that we can't be sure about.
Speaker 3: We can't be sure about the age. We can't be sure about the why.
Speaker 1: We can't be sure about if he was married to someone else, if they're ever going to speak about it again. We have to make our own happy ending in this story.
Speaker 3: I would like to know.
Speaker 2: Do you think there's ever a situation in life where you would ever contemplate a glory whole?
Speaker 1: No, you have to be I don't even have to contemplate that sentence, like, you don't even have to finish that sentence. And I know that it's a hard flaccid No, it is a flaccid No, there's nothing.
Speaker 3: I'd have to be in a pretty dark place, yeah, the glory it's dark.
Speaker 1: It's dark if you wouldn't want that down light on the hard deck, But the hold old dick down light doesn't do it any.
Speaker 3: Need to be in a dimly lit room. No, there is nothing.
Speaker 1: And I've tried to think about these over the last couple of days since we've been talking about it. There is no circumstance or nothing that would turn me on about a gloryhole situation about some random putting his penis through a hole. Just seeing a random penis not attached to anything floating in the dark doesn't do it for me.
Speaker 2: No, and I appreciate that it doesn't do it for you, and it doesn't do it for me either. I'd like to establish that before I go in and dipreend people. No, but I understand why. For some people it's the naughtiness that gets them off right. It's the kink of the unknown. I mean, it has to be a kink. It exists for a reason, and like, obviously at this place that they were at, it wasn't just like a glory hole in a public toilet at the back of a petrol station. It was a glory hole that was created specifically for this purpose. They must have been it at sex club or something, and they're already kinky fuckers.
Speaker 1: Anyway, It makes it sound like for some reason, I picked to that moment the reveal happening, like the voice, you know, where they hit the table and the chair turns around and they see each other.
Speaker 3: For the first time.
Speaker 1: I picture it like, I mean and iron if they're going to drop them in between glass and they hit it and then that realization of they're not a great singer.
Speaker 3: No, my dad. It's at the moment when a guy's abastian hidden it was his cousin. Oh yeah, like that wasn't planned to love you guy, but come.
Speaker 2: On, oh dear, Okay, Well yeah, look, I hope that everybody is equally as traumatized as we.
Speaker 1: Are from that. I reckon, there's probably someone like you make a good point. Well we're having a laugh, but obviously these things exist in sex clubs and for whatever else. I reckon, we've got a listener that's done it before or been to this environment, or we'd love to hear from you out of curiosity.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have a question for you. What's the difference between going to a masquerade sex party, for example, where everyone wears masks?
Speaker 3: There is no difference, right, you'd know if we should dad, even if he's under a pussy gut mask. You know what your dad? I could have caddies on.
Speaker 1: I know what you No, it's Terry burd is that you?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I need to stop. This is awful. I know. I know you think there's not a difference, but for me, there's for sure. No, I know that there is.
Speaker 2: But I do think that there are circumstances as to which this could happen, which my make this story true. And if it's not, I'm glad we've talked about it for fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: I also am about the whole package. So, like if you're at a masquerade sex party, you're still seeing the whole vibe, You're getting an energy, you're getting a general look.
Speaker 3: You're looking at their body.
Speaker 1: You can still see like their mask, it's not a paper bag over there, Like they're just cute little mass you can still see it. But just a dick is just a dick. You don't even see the balls. I don't think I think it's just a dick.
Speaker 3: I think that that's gonna be the title of this episode. Just a dick. Yeah, just a all right.
Speaker 2: Well to taking a very serious pivot after that absolute fucking debarkle, there is something that has been released recently that we thought was very interesting and also very important, and we wanted to have a little chat about it. I don't know if you guys saw this, but basically, the federal government has come out saying that they are launching a three year project which is aimed at addressing toxic masculinity across social media. Now they're throwing three point five million dollars at this program, and the purpose of this is is to standardize conversations around toxic masculinity, to address it with children as young as the age of five, to start to remodel and shape what some positive influences of masculinity look like. Also, in the same way that we spoke about consent in school, it's to ensure that kids are receiving at least some sort of standardization of these conversations across the board, and that's going to happen in different programs within schools and also within sporting networks, which I think is really cool because I think traditionally, especially with some sports like football, there has been this spread of toxic masculinity that has permeated throughout it over the years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's called a Healthy Masculinities Trial Project, and I think it's amazing, and I know we've spoken a lot about this in the past, that toxic masculinity does start in families and the people that you're in direct contact with. So if it's your dad or your older brother when you're growing up, it's a learned trait. If that's what you're growing up with when you're impressionable. I don't want to say that is how you're going to go into the world because that's not accurate, but obviously that's a big influence on who you're going to become and your views and your thoughts. But we live in a different world now where of course that is still happening in families and behind closed doors, but we live in a different world now with social media, and unfortunately we have people like Andrew Tate, who I would be surprised if there are people that haven't heard Andrew Tate's name thrown around, maybe you don't know the extent of who he is and his beliefs and what he does and how troublesome he is. But Andrew Tate is a self proclaimed misogynist. And I know it's a really strange thing to say that you can lump one thing as big as this, as big as toxic masculinity online on one person. But Andrew Tate has become the figurehead for this. And the reason I say this is videos of him on TikTok and online have been viewed more than eleven point six billion times. He has been googled more than Donald Trump or Kim Kardashian. So these are some of the biggest people in the world. Some of his views are that women belong in the house, women shouldn't drive, women shouldn't have right if a woman is sexually assaulted or raped, that basically falls on her. He has just been charged in Romania for human trafficking, sexual assault, organized crime. The list goes on, So that is something that's happening for him right now. On the other side of the world, he's been under house arrest. I genuinely think he is one of the most problematic people on the Internet. And I will hands down and say the reason young men now are leaning into more toxic masculinity traits is because of this person, Andrew Tape.
Speaker 2: Well, something you said, brit which I didn't and wasn't aware of, and I found this so interesting, And I think a lot of people would have heard that he was arrested. There was all this stuff going on in Romania, the trafficking. I think for a lot of us, when we saw that going down online, we thought, oh, that'll be the end of him, like, oh, he's going to be arrested for this, Thank god, He's going to have to be held accountable for his problematic views and it will kind of end there.
Speaker 3: Now I've not thought.
Speaker 2: Much about it since, to be perfectly honest, At the time, he was deep platformed across all social media accounts, so his Instagram was taken away, his TikTok was taken away, and it kind of felt like at the time that that would be the end of Andrew Tate, like how is he going to get his messaging out if he's been deplatformed now x which is Elon Musk Twitter has very different rules in how they operate aside from Meta. Meta is obviously the overarching company that owns Instagram and Facebook, but X is independent and they herald this idea of free speech, so it's quite hard to get It's quite hard to get fucking canceled on X. When his account was reinstated, it grew to six million almost overnight, which just shows how much influence he has over such a huge population of people. Now that account is sitting at eight million, So when you look at this idea that he is googled more than someone like Kim Kardashian. We know the ongoing influence that Kim Kardashian has across so many different subcultures and pop culture, and the influence it has on young people. I guess it's like understanding that if somebody like Andrew Tate is having that much airtime, what is that ongoing impact that it's having on young children and young boys. Andrew Tait is not the only person who contributes to this narrative. There are many men across online and social media who have problematic misogynistic views. But there was some interesting research that was done and I think some really alarming statistics of this is that the Department of Social Services reported twenty five percent of teenage boys are influenced by social media personalities who spread harmful gender stereotypes, encourage toxic masculinity, and condone violence against women. And then there was another survey that was done in twenty twenty three, which was January this year, and that found that one third of teenage boys are inspired by Andrew Tate, which, when you think about the influence that has it is so alarming. And I guess traditionally, when we've talked about toxic masculinity, we've always talked about it from coming from the home. We've talked about it as being something that is groomed and created in men.
Speaker 3: From a young age.
Speaker 2: But I guess, and the way that social media works is not only is it coming from the home, it is also platformed across such a public media. And so I think that this is the first step in trying to combat that.
Speaker 3: Is it going to be enough?
Speaker 2: Probably not, to be honest, ultimately, with these sorts of initiatives, what it says and whether it has a huge impact moving into the future or not, What it says is that at least the government recognizes that it is a very big problem. And instead of this idea of toxic masculinity being this arbitrary concept that we speak about and we're like, you know, boys can't cry and they're not allowed to have emotions, and then that means that they have all this pent up anger, it shows that it actually runs far deeper than that and has real life consequences for the safety of women. And I think it's a very powerful message that the government is acknowledging that. And all of this is in a bid to fight domestic violence. All of this is in a bid to make women safer. And I think if we can get in there and have these conversations with boys far younger from five years old, maybe that's what we'll int accept these sorts of messaging that they're going to receive when they're thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen and they're using social media. I think the big question though, here is do you think, Britt, that a program like this is robust enough or has enough influence to actually make an impact on children when they're going up against these absolutely monolithic social media profiles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 1: The andrew Tates of the world are always going to be there they are never going to not exist. But knowledge is power, and teaching these young boys the way of the world now and how to respect women and what is right and what is wrong, gives them the knowledge that when they come up against somebody like Andrew Tait or they're seeing his teachings, they can call bullshit on it. But if they aren't taught that, and they don't learn that from a young age, they've got nothing to compare it to. And I know that sounds like that's a very base level, right, Like saying that they've got nothing to compare it to, they should no respect. But we go to school for a reason, and we don't know what these kids are being taught at home. So I think if there is something that is across the nation every school, it's in the curriculum. It's wild that we even have to have the conversation that this respect of women needs to be in the curriculum. Like, it's crazy that we're even having that conversation.
Speaker 2: I think it's a really hard one because as the years progress and as we become more conscious of, you know, the ways in which education is failing people. And I don't mean the education system, but like when we talk about concepts like consent, When we talk about things like toxic masculinity.
Speaker 3: None of that is taught in schools.
Speaker 2: When even when you talk about narcissism and like how to navigate emotional relationships and romantic relationships, like, none of that is taught in school.
Speaker 3: It's all life teachings that.
Speaker 2: We acquire through our peers, through our family members, through our parents. I do sometimes question that there is so much pressure on the education system to do everything, to provide everything for children, and you know, there comes a point where there's only so much that can be done in those eight hours of being in school, and if a chart is being brought up in a household that has very problematic views, I think it is really challenging to break that cycle. It's amazing that these initiatives exist, and it's amazing now that there is going to be some standardization to the conversations that are happening to try and combat that. But I do think it puts such a huge expectation on the education system to do everything and to be everything for every child.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, but what's the alternative. We don't know what they're being taught at home, and the only way to break a pattern is with the next generation, which is why I think it's so great that they're starting at five years old. Yeah, because at five is when you're starting to learn things at home. So if you're simultaneously learning something with your peers and you're seeing inspirational people, athletes, public figures on board with this program, which is what the whole point is, you're able to form your own ideas and you can go against the grain.
Speaker 3: I would rather my kid go to school and learn about how.
Speaker 1: To treat women and toxic masculinity, in healthy masculinity than trigonometry.
Speaker 3: Any day of the fucking week.
Speaker 1: Like I will tell them scrap trigonometry and to them the way of the world.
Speaker 2: And also teach them how to do their taxs, because like, like, come on, if you do want to have a listen to more about toxic masculinity. We actually did an episode on this last year with Will McMahon from Willem Woodye, who he speaks so vulnerably about his experiences growing up being very exposed to toxic masculinity, his shame around how he viewed masculinity, how he viewed this bravado and how it affected him. He also talked about the negative impacts that it's had on him in terms of experiencing depression. It's a really fucking amazing chat. That is episode sixty one from season three and you can go back. We'll link it all in the show notes for you as well.
Speaker 1: Now, guys, we did trial something different for a little while. We tried to do our sucond Suite on a Thursday. I just didn't feel right. It's not right for me.
Speaker 3: I just feel like we need to bring it back to the Tuesday. I missed it on a Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Also, it didn't make sense because like we did Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday talking to you, and then I was like, you already know because we've spoke gives.
Speaker 3: You every day.
Speaker 2: So now we just decided it was it made more sense to bring our suck and sweet back to the Tuesday episode. Mate, Wow, I feel like we haven't oky. What's your suck for the week? We haven't fucking stopped.
Speaker 1: My suck was that we went away for a couple of days for live show and it had rained in Sydney, like at home, quite heavily.
Speaker 3: Apparently.
Speaker 1: I don't know where that sporadic rain came from, but when I came back. This is such a stupid thing. But all the leaves in my yard because I need a gardener.
Speaker 3: If anyone knows a gardener, let me know. Everything had gone over the drain. Oh I got it. Fucking floods and it floods.
Speaker 1: It floods, it floods, it floods, and I had like a towel out there, and Delilah's.
Speaker 3: Dog better is there now? It all stinks. It was like I had to deal with a flood at home. It actually so like.
Speaker 2: It's this tiled courtyard area and it's got one single drain, which makes no sense because there's a massive tree, so there's so much leaf litter in the backyard.
Speaker 1: The drain's not even on the right angle food floodwater to run to it, I have to sweep it up up here.
Speaker 3: Get to the drain is the worst design floor.
Speaker 2: It was the one thing like we lived in that apartment during La Nina whatever it was called it. Every day Matt was out there with a squidgy brush trying to like get the water.
Speaker 3: I can't believe. I'm so sorry. That sucks. You'd have to push the water up hell to get out to drain the right, it would have been devastating to come home to. I was very upset. So my suite.
Speaker 1: My suite is like a couple of things or people in one. When we were at the airport we left the Gold Coast Show, we ran into quite a few people that came up to us in the airport. They were also flying out. They're like, oh my god, I came to the show last night. And when we got talking a bit deeper, so many people had literally alone flown from other cities all over Australia to the Gold Coast to see the show because for whatever reason they couldn't have made one of the other cities. And the number of people that were there by themselves that flew in and then came up to say hello and thank you, it really was my suite of the week. I just can't believe that you guys would go to that much effort and it's very humbling. But it also makes me feel really okay with how hectic.
Speaker 3: Schedule was right now, so I'm like, I love that it's actually making a difference.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean on that that we had people that flew into the Gold Coast Show from Cans, from Sydney, from Melbourne from Adelaide like. I think that that was the show that had the most random or not like friend people flying in from all random places, which was amazing. My suck for the week is that I woke up this morning and I went downstairs. Now, Buster, he hates the rain. He hates it so much when it's raining. He doesn't want to go outside and do a pooh. Right, He'll hold on to that pooh. He will not pooh when it rains. Unfortunately for me, that meant he did not do a pooh. Yesterday. He did a shit in my hallway. He has not done that in eight years, just a pooh inside. He did a pooh in the The poor thing must have been dying to go to the toilet go outside now he can't. The doors are locked at nighttime. It was the middle of the night, so the middle of the night he'd woken up and was.
Speaker 3: Like made the choice.
Speaker 2: He looked outside not he would never, he would never hear is such an angel. And I walked downstairs and Matt goes, Babe, there is a shit in the hallway, And after what happened with the nappy, I think he thought maybe I'd done that one as well, I mean it wasn't low long.
Speaker 3: She just took a dump in the hallway.
Speaker 2: She's done some pretty big poop. Nah, it was definitely busted. Anyway, the poor bustard, Yeah, he did a pool in the hallway. And the thing is like, Buster is a rescue dog and every so often he has these moments where it makes me question what his life was before he came to us. So we walked downstairs, didn't even say anything. I was like, oh, that's a shame, but obviously we're not gonna get annoyed of him because he never does it. And he couldn't get out, like you know, it was not even a deal. So I went down and cleaned it up, and I went over to be like, hey, Bubby, like, I'm so sorry you couldn't get out, Like that must have been awful. He was sitting in his bed shaking, shaking, petrified. He thought he was going to be in trouble because he was so scared he was going to get in trouble. And he never gets in trouble. So I'm like, why would you think that that's going to be my reaction? Like, and he just sat there and shook. Anyway, it was I felt so sorry. I was like, my poor little angel baby.
Speaker 3: So instead you praise you know, we're gonna sit now. He's you do a little shit in the hallway.
Speaker 2: They're not little, they are literally the size of a human. And then my sweet for the week is very much the live shows. Like I mean, without a dart breed, I echo everything you just said. Meeting all of you guys has been the most humbling, beautiful experience. Also seeing that you posting in the Facebook group that you guys are going out for your solo dinners prior to the show, like all the people who are rocked up by themselves are doing like life on cut meetups.
Speaker 3: It is amazing.
Speaker 2: Now, if you are not part of the Facebook group, go and join, but if you came, we just want to say the biggest thank you we've had, honestly the month of our fucking lives. It's been so amazing. It's been such a privileged meeting you all. It's been the biggest reminder as to why we started this podcast and why we love making these episodes so much.
Speaker 3: And also I.
Speaker 2: Think it's been this really beautiful reminder of female friendship. So many of you have come with your girlfriends. So many of you have made friends at the Life Uncut Live shows and that has been not just the highlight of my week, but the highlight of my mom.
Speaker 3: And let's not exclude the men, because we've had a lot of men coming to a lot of men.
Speaker 2: Mostly it's been women dragging their husbands along, but every so often there's a you know, there's two guys sitting there and I'm like.
Speaker 3: We did a couple, boy, don't.
Speaker 2: Unless we forget We love you anyway, Guys, go and join our Instagram page Life and Cut Podcast, leave a review, or you can follow us on Spotify or Apple Podcasts.
Speaker 3: And you know the drill.
Speaker 1: Tell your mum to your dad, tell your dog to your friends, and share the love because we love love