Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch.
Speaker 2: Up podcast, Sweety Pies. It is still work, sweety Pies. It's still well, it's work in the show.
Speaker 1: Don't get a choice. Well for now, man none, it's really pumping.
Speaker 2: I imagine this is exactly how the girlies felt when Fred again was getting popular. Because I'm like, we all like posers, and we are because as soon as this World Cup is over, twentieth of August will be done.
Speaker 3: Okaybe the jersey's gonna be on fire, and there's a rag.
Speaker 1: Fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: Rags, shut up fifty. This is one thirty five, but I am really thirty five.
Speaker 1: I think he does look good quality. There's budget in footy memorability. Look, they're really good on you. Thank you babe so much. Let's get to the show. This is Flex and Frooms on Kata.
Speaker 2: I want to know if influences should be held accountable for the behavior of their fans. The reason why I'm asking is that the twitch streamer called Kai Sinat and he's been charged with in citing a riot after he essentially hosted a really chaotic giveaway in Union Square. So basically he found himself in New York City and he wanted to do a really last minute giveaway of five PlayStation fives, which is amazing. You know how hard it was for me to find my own PlayStation five. This is hogeous.
Speaker 1: It's a lot.
Speaker 2: Just know that even now a year after the PlayStation five who has launched, it's still a hot commodity because the little lithium pieces you need to make it have to be mined.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Granted, I don't think this is what encouraged everyone to come to this giveaway. What I haven't yet express is that Kayle Sinnat is the most subscribed person on Twitch with six point five million followers, and in March he won the record for the most viewers on one stream. So it's safe to say he's a really popular person. And I would attribute Twitch fans to be some of the most engaged fans. Twitch to the live streaming platform, which means in order to engage with the person that you like, you have to see it live then and there, put everything you're doing down and watch them. That's a different kind of dedication than just listening to someone's music or following someone's Instagram. So of course he has super fans anyway, So on his way to this giveaway that he hosted, people who were there waiting for him obviously devolved into just like the most insane behavior. In minutes, people were throwing bottles at the police, stones, tins of paint. They were walking around with shovels and axes and lighting fireworks and throwing at each other. They were scaling a buildings, climbing on top of buildings, climbing on top of cars. It just got to that point. And I don't know if that's just what happens with a bunch of people gather together and there's a bit of adrenaline going up. But basically, the New York Police Department declared a Level four mobilization, which means they sent more than a thousand police officers to the scene with tier gaps.
Speaker 3: Where do they even keep them in New York?
Speaker 1: Do they have to get called from home? I don't understand.
Speaker 2: So at this point he gets charged, which people are debating is that fair? Is it not a fair because he himself didn't tell people to behave this way. He didn't host this giveaway with the intention of it of being anything but a gentle, family friendly activity. This kid's like twenty one, and now he's got a full record based on the behavior of people who weren't acting in his likeness. He didn't tell them to behave that way. He didn't encourage it, he didn't infer it. It's just what happened due to him wanting to host a giveaway in a public space. I don't know, man, I feel as though it's been really tricky to perceive what happens online as being different to the real world, because I think if he had really really been able to properly visualize his level of fame and influence, he would know that they would need to be security guards, and he would need to be pre prepared. He needs to tell the police it's happening. They would need to get like he said project actually yeah, for real. He's like, I'm just a guy. I'm just a twenty one year old guy who wants to meet my friends. What's a big deal. And it's like, yeah, okay, I would assume this is like a pat on the wrist, like you did a naughty thing.
Speaker 1: Don't do it again.
Speaker 2: We're going to keep an eye on you, not a whole You've now been charged with inciting a riot.
Speaker 3: Have they really charged him?
Speaker 1: They've charged him. Does he have to pay money? Yeah, he'd be rich. He's got coins. But that's not the points on his record.
Speaker 3: Babe.
Speaker 1: It's hectic.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the learning is here. It's like, don't do anything for fear that it might blow to proportion. No, we've seen even celebrities have issues with drawing crowds when it wasn't expected, even if they've been prepared. It's very spooky stuff on the internet, but I love sharing it with you. If you've heard of any stories that you'd like to do a deep dive on, let us see selex and firms on Instagram. Produce and Mickey will go through that and if it makes the cut, you'll hear about it. If you've been noticing a bunch of celebrities breaking up, maybe it's trickled down to your own friend circles. I can confirm that it's due to astrology. I know you're thinking an that's me translating.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to tell you, babes. The proof is in the pudding.
Speaker 2: In the last I would say month and a half alone. Here's all the people that have broken up. I don't know about your inner circle, but other celebrities Kiki Palmer and her boyfriend Ariana Grande divorce, Rosalia and Raoul Oh like this is a couple that made love songs. Here they go for three years commodified their love. Billie Eilish and Jesse Rutherford, Sophia Vagara and Joe Manganello bybe Rexo and her partner Tina Knowles, Beyonce's mum, what Yeah, Ela Headed and her partner Dominic Phi, Counta Schaeffer, Oh, Tiger, Avril, Lavine. It's just one thing after the other, and those who are you know, across the planets know that it has to do with Venus retrograde. Not to be confused with mercury retrograde, right, which happens about three times a year. Venus retrograde is every year and a half, so like a little bit longer, and it also goes for longer when it happens. Right, So it's Murdo is the planet of communication, technology and travel, and Venus is the planet of love, beauty, values, intimacy, relationships. When those things are retrograde, it means from the perspective of Earth, the planet is spinning backwards.
Speaker 1: It means, simply speaking, things.
Speaker 2: Are haywire, things aren't as they see, things are not regular right, And so because Venus has been in retrograde, people are like, well, if it's in retrograde every year and a half, why is this one in particular so messy, like we've seen it from the jump. Even things like Lizo having to like really back her values in a public space, Jigi Hadid getting done for carrying marijuana. These are all things that call into question what are your values? What do you believe in? Who do you align yourself with? Right, So will they say it's a perfect time to understand what it is you want and don't want when it comes to love, beauty, relationships, intimacy, and values, and if you aren't particular about them and behaving in a way that's aligned with what you believe in, the things that you want are being taken away from you. So that speculation that you know, if you're in a weird situationship, it probably isn't gonna work out during Venus retrograde because you don't want to be in a situationship anyway. Or if you see a lot of friendship breakups or friendship, communication breakdowns. There probably is a distance between how you've presented your values and the reality of it. I will say I wouldn't view any retrograde as an opportunity to fear monger. I'm delusional in the sense that if I don't want it to affect me, it doesn't, and I think you should follow suit. So mercury retrograde is now. So how would I advise you go through that? Just the basic stuff. Dot your eyes, cross your t's. People say, don't sign stuff or read contracts properly. Be very mindful when you're booking travel, when you're booking accommodation, get the dates right.
Speaker 1: But just live your life.
Speaker 2: These things are gonna happen anyway, and so unless you're a certified spooky babe, then just take it as you know. Bottom shelf got it's fun and funny really.
Speaker 1: Quickly before we go.
Speaker 3: If you want to start getting into astrology, is there like a website I should start reading?
Speaker 2: No. I think if you want to start getting into astrology in an enjoyable sense, figure out what your birth chart is. So let's say you are piscy Son, then I would go to TikTok and I would type in piscy Sun and then just listen to what people say, and maybe you find out you're a Taurus venus like I am. I would go to TikTok and type in tourist venus and then watch those videos and that truly is enough. Your birth chart is like sixteen placements or something. There's a lot to figure out about you.
Speaker 1: In particular, you're listening to Flex and Frooms on Kaita.
Speaker 2: I have had my first boomer moment. If you knew here, you might know that through me is the Karen of this duo contra read a popular belief people here Flex. She's loud, she's opinionated, but not that judgmental. I'm like, ah, life on hold on, I say, live is live, such as live things are Through me, however, is the type of person to command deer arm rests on the plane.
Speaker 1: We're different, breathe. But I have had a moment myself.
Speaker 2: I was ordering food on uber eats, and I go back and forth with uber eats because I've had plenty of time where I could have just walked and gotten something. But you know, here we are my current food fixation. Though for those wandering is a sandwich from South Downing Sandwiches. You might ask which one I do a little custom moment for me is the original sandwich influencer.
Speaker 1: She's been peddaling this one for years without praise, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: But as I was ordering this sandwich on Uber Eats, I've like put in my order, I've like confirmed it's coming.
Speaker 1: And then now on that.
Speaker 2: Screen where you can track how your orders processing, they've got ads on that screen. Now, no fully ads. I had one for coals the other day, not like bundle for five dollars. No ads, genius, genius, genius. I'm obsessed with it. Why was my ad no pictures? Just text based? I could have missed it? Gray background, it says, and I quote your food order unlocked a fourteen day free trial of ancestry dot com, start exploring millions of records and connect to a deeper family story.
Speaker 1: I said, what is this doing here? I said, what is this do? I just wanted to order a Charlotte.
Speaker 2: Why are you bringing this into I just wanted to eat And now you're having me reckon with where I'm really from?
Speaker 1: Are we not past this? They said, you need to get to the root of where you came from because it's not here made, it is not here. I couldn't believe it. I said, number one, what are you applying? What are you implying? Okay, I know where I'm from, born and braid.
Speaker 2: Second of all, I would love to know why, Like what characteristics of me we're in their demographic of primary users. It's just everyone who orders food is everyone who could be interested in this is because I'm a woman, Like, what what is it about my ordering habits that they programmed this ad for me?
Speaker 1: They said, you need to do some deep, right efferent every night whereas home.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I just I don't want to say something's off. I'm not going to say that. If anything, everything's as it should be. Ads are getting you when you least expect them. The scam of ancestry, in my opinion, is that it can only measure your DNA based on whoever's already in the system. So like if I go into the system and there's only one or three other Ganian people, is it's just going to assume some like some like tenutive link, tenuous link to us, like you have one cousin, one cousin on the habit.
Speaker 3: Every day we want to learn new things in the studio. Our latest type of fixation, if we are to use that.
Speaker 1: Word, is Yiddish. Yiddish. How do I describe Yiddish flexi?
Speaker 3: It's a language, it's a language originating in Jewish circles. And we have a listener called Timna. She said to us, Girlies, girlies, girlies, I have heard you using Yiddish language. I would like to just assist you with the pronunciation. Turns out that Flexi ends up sitting next to this woman on a plane.
Speaker 2: What a plane that Timna wasn't even meant to be on a plane that ended up being delayed by about three hours in total, in which we did spend all that time together.
Speaker 1: It was amazing, you said, you really liked her. I liked her so much.
Speaker 2: It felt like a rom com in the sense that you don't mean to meet someone in an unexpected place and then get along with them and then spend this consecutive amount of time. And I always find it so interesting when I meet people who it feels like we're reading the same book on the same page in the same way. Have you heard about this thing? They're like no, and they're like, have you heard about this, and I'm like, no, it was amazing.
Speaker 1: The vibes are up.
Speaker 2: I've been integrating what we learned, Okay, I've been saying nebish a lot nebbits. She's this, I like this pitying person or this person that you kind of make it more face that. A great example Timna gave me was imagine that you walk past a guy at a restaurant. Let's say you've been sitting next to him for about two hours. You're with your girl is cackling the whole time. He's been waiting for a date. The waitress is like, do you want to order any food? And he's like, no, she's coming. She'll be five minutes. Meanwhile, it's been two hours. Stop the look you give him in that circumstance like nebbish.
Speaker 3: And you know that's happened to everyone, and was watching Sex and Sey and that happened to you.
Speaker 1: Just keep saying things.
Speaker 3: Every Samantha from Second City got stood up, so you know it doesn't just happen to the nebish of us. Sometimes a bad bitch is one to get stood up, all right. So Tima has sent us a VM that plays and make he plays the tape.
Speaker 4: Daka is a similar word to doing something in spite with a little bit of cheek. So let's say like I'm going on a long trip drive with a friend and they hate I don't know, Tavin Parlor, and for the whole drive, I just played Tama Pala out of Dusker.
Speaker 1: It's a bit of spie.
Speaker 4: Shnora is the best one. A shnora is a greedy person who takes stuff, usually that's free. So let's say, like at a hotel buffet, you've had your three servings of brecky. You know, you've done the rounds, and then you grab the like the big good quality napkins, and you pack some sandwiches and buffons and like dried fruits and nuts for later, and you pop in your back and like you basically have lunch and dinner all sort of. And that's a shnorer. So a bit of a I don't know if it's a pig, but like a little bit of a greedy person. But all of these words are done with like a little bit of cheek and.
Speaker 2: SaaS shnora one gets me because I feel like I have dealt with like some emotionally schnorish people or like yeah, like people were like, I would give you everything. Why do you ask for so much? Why do you constantly feel like you need to put me out or make me uncomfortable? You know those types of people. It's like you're always taking, like this is isn't here for you?
Speaker 3: Oh loving, loving these new languages to learn for the girlies. Nabs allowed Here on the show, we say welcome to nabs of all shapes and sizes. You're with Flex and Firms on cater You've.
Speaker 1: Been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast.
Speaker 2: For more, tune in to Cator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio