Speaker 1: The Rise and Conquer Podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land which this episode is being recorded, the Yugen Bear region. We further acknowledge country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and terrest Raid Islander peoples. Today. Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcasts. This is the podcast for ordinary people who want to do extraordinary things. Hello and welcome back to the R and C Potty. Today we have at Georgie's Hotline episode.
Speaker 2: These are our fun Friday.
Speaker 1: Epps where you send in your life dilemmas and me and a Tea provides you our unqualified two cents on the situation. So today's Today's questions are a bit fun. We are chatting how to find clarity, how you can manifest something when the next step isn't overly clear, and what to do when everything feels like it's going in the wrong direction.
Speaker 2: We've all been there.
Speaker 1: We've all been there, So before we get into the show, Georgie's recommendations for the week, Guys, I'm a bit shocking this week, Atiya.
Speaker 2: I've just I've had a lot of work week.
Speaker 1: It's a work week, and it's like one of those weeks where I just feel like I've had no time for anything. I had the launch of my Pedal and Pup collab, the Postcards by Georgie Winter Collection, and can I can?
Speaker 2: I Actually, I just want to.
Speaker 1: Say thank you because if any of you brought from the collection, it just it went so fast, and I honestly swear a tea it was like all my friends and family who sold it out because so many of you guys like bought pieces and it just I don't know, I just feel so weird about the.
Speaker 2: I'm just so appreciative.
Speaker 1: And again I just told he Tier, I had so many like weird feelings about it because it's like because the tears, like what do you mean you're nervous.
Speaker 2: Like shut up, But I'm like, no ah, Tea, you don't get it.
Speaker 1: It's like it's a fashion collection, so it's like I've chosen these pieces like it's quite personal, so it's like you nailed it. But if it doesn't go well, like I was just feeling really weird because I was like what if I completely mistaken this, you know, everyone's style, Like, you know, what if I completely not hit the mark here, because like I like it, but that doesn't mean.
Speaker 2: Other people like it, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's fair.
Speaker 2: So I was like freaking out a.
Speaker 1: Bit, but went really well, you guys hold out so many of the hero pieces, but there's still a lot of collection less so if you know, you did want to check it out. But yeah, it's been a big work week and then also Desert Range for and H launched, So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, been a big work week.
Speaker 1: But I do have a recommendation. It's not something I've already done, but it's something I'm doing this weekend. And this has actually come from Mel who just like keeps coming in and out of a podcast room. It's like she's had eight red bulls.
Speaker 3: Guys, it's the best.
Speaker 1: It's so funny, and she keeps coming in and out with these like creative marketing ideas for NH, and she reckons last week she was not creative at all. She was having like a creative block, and then she's like on the weekend she went and saw Jurassic Park and went to the movies and then like since then and just since the weekend, like clearing her head.
Speaker 2: She's been so creative and she's like on fire.
Speaker 3: And so I'm like, I'm gonna go to the movies.
Speaker 1: I'm still deciding between Top Gun and Jurassic Park. So a tear has seen Top Gun, and yeah, what did you think of Tia tell us?
Speaker 3: I loved it As someone it goes in skeptical to any sequel.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen the first Top Gun? Does this matter?
Speaker 3: Not really, but I'd recommend watching it before you go. It just makes it a bit more special, like you'll understand a few references, but you're also not missing out if you haven't seen it. I know the storyline of the first one because Tim watched it and I made him explain it to me. Yeah, so you should be fine. But the first one's a pretty good watch.
Speaker 2: Is the second one better?
Speaker 1: Way? Better? Oh?
Speaker 3: Like see, it's hard because for me, the second one I prefer just because I think it's relevant to me in a way because it's newer and the references are something I appreciate, whereas the old one. I love it and it's great and it's a great film, and I can appreciate how well it's made. But the references like it was before I was born.
Speaker 2: I forgot you're boring.
Speaker 3: It's nineteen eighty six, it's before you were born. Oh shit. Yeah, so Tom Cruise does look insanely he looks exactly the same. Yeah does he like not exactly the same, but like not like it's been what see.
Speaker 1: I also have heard something. I also have weird feelings about Tom Cruise because he's so fair, very problematic.
Speaker 3: But this movie is great.
Speaker 2: Like I'm I'm.
Speaker 1: A Nicole kidnap then, so I'm like, I don't actually know what happened there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Team Nicole.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I'm considering it. Tim wants to see it. So the recommendation for me guys this week is go to the movies.
Speaker 2: Meantia is saying.
Speaker 1: Like, when you go to a cinema and like you watch like a movie with a good storyline.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you feel inspired. It's just the best feeling. Like I feel like it just gets your create It's like a jump start for your creativity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's that's my plans.
Speaker 1: So him saying that go to the movies, gad go to the movie. Let's get into George's hotline.
Speaker 3: Had first question. I'm feeling like I have a major block when it comes to manifesting. I know it's time for me to step into the next thing and can feel it starting, but I just don't know what it is or how I can take action to get there. Any tips on how to manifest this next step that I can feel but can't quite see.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I love this question. Okay, so I chat about this in the project. Oh my god, this fucking excites me. I literally read that question and I'm like, fuck, yes, I'm so excited because good shit is about to happen. Honestly, embrace that feeling. A big thing with manifesting is do not get caught up in needing to know exactly how it's going to happen or exactly what it is. A huge thing about manifesting is surrender, So you're not supposed to know how it's going to happen. A great thing you can do is, like, you know, list how it could happen or what could happen and whatnot, And that's honestly just to make you feel better as a control freak. I do this as a control freak, but manifesting, like the beauty of it, is surrendering and not needing to know the how. In regards to I call this the fogginess. So before every huge like dream milestone that has happened to me in my life, I have experienced this feeling where I explain, it's like fogginess where you're like, I don't know what it is, I don't know how I'm going to get there, but I just know I'm on like the brink of something great. Yes, and it's it's it's like anticipation. So you really feel that feeling. But so for like, let me just give you story time. So I've this when I quit my law job about Naked Harvest. But actually when I quit my law job to starting Naked Harvest was a year and a half. So for a year and a half, I just I knew I was meant for more.
Speaker 2: I knew I.
Speaker 1: Was meant, you know, for this big life changing thing, but it was so foggy to me, but I just like I knew.
Speaker 2: It was there.
Speaker 1: So a big thing with it too, is she's asking I'm getting like so excited.
Speaker 3: Well starting.
Speaker 1: And I'm like trying to just like talk so much. Sorry, guys, I need to cut and fucked out. So in regards to NH. So quit my law job and H was a year and a half. I wasn't too specific with like it has to be the perfect next step. I'm all about just taking aligned action, even if it doesn't make sense. So, for example, the steps from quitting my law job to Naked Harvest, I did things like I launched an ebook about intuitive eating and recipes like random as shit, like like obviously that was what I was into at that moment, but I wasn't like, for instance, I knew that like my lifelong career or the next big thing wasn't that thing or even about that thing. But I just followed the guided action and the guided steps, and I wasn't too worried about making mistakes or you know, we always say in this podcast, like it's all about falling forward, like you cannot fuck it up as long as you're listening to your intuition and you're following aligned action. So I did the ebook, and then there was like another thing where I started working for certain brands or certain partnerships. And it's not like that was the end goal. And it took a year and a half, but like I slowly got there, but I literally got that feeling a year and a half before it was clear to me, I.
Speaker 3: Would have gone insane feeling that for a year and a half and not knowing where I was going.
Speaker 1: I know, but that's like, I think that's the beauty of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't you reckon?
Speaker 3: Like it kind of drives you, like I just got to get there a little bit faster.
Speaker 1: Yes, And there's so and there's been so many times in my life where it has just felt foggy, Like I've even felt the same feeling with our trying to conceive journey. It's really weird. I told my best friend when me and Tim started trying, I probably fucking manifested because I spoke these words, but I literally was like, I know we're not going to get pregnant straight away. I just I know there's going to be a struggle here. I know there's going to be a lesson, but I just need to hold on and like it just I don't know how to explain it, Like I just knew there was stuff coming, and I just like I was all the most prepared for it because previous in my life I had felt these feelings and knew I just had to keep moving forward. So a big thing with this is just have with it. Don't put too much pressure that it has to be the like the next step has to be the be all and end all, like fail forward, try things, follow your intuition, follow those little stepping stones. And a huge thing that I used to do is there would just be random things that happened that I was like, I need to do that thing, like I did.
Speaker 2: Also like a whole.
Speaker 1: Bunch of like random courses like I yeah, and it's I truly believe in. For instance, you know, let's say you get a random feeling to do.
Speaker 2: A pottery class, just do it, and you don't.
Speaker 1: It's not like you want to make pottery and sell it on Etsy or that's nothing to do with your end goal. But it's maybe you go to that pottery class and you meet someone you're supposed to meet, yes, that, or you get an idea for a business, or you know that There's just so many things that happen, and I think we really get caught up in the logical brain of I want to do this thing, and the steps need to be A B and C and D, and it's just not like that. And I think, for instance, me with you know, doing that ebook the big lesson that I can see now is to do that ebook. I hired a business coach who was then very huge in me taking a risk on myself, betting on myself, and then me going, actually, you know what, I could start my own business because before that I did not have a lot of belief in myself. So there's there's all these different things and it feels really messy.
Speaker 2: I don't know, that was scary, did you guys?
Speaker 3: Hear that? Police guys.
Speaker 1: We're in the podcast and Cooper's been up in the roof like doing our internet.
Speaker 3: And as he could find someone to do it.
Speaker 1: I know, like that's like a whole thing in itself, and he's like taken the roof off and so it's it's not open now, but it's so scary. It reminds me like the fucking grudgeals thing's gonna come out anyway. Who what did you ever watch The Grudge? Oh my god, A tea hasn't seen any scary movies.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I've not seen a single horror movie.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, honestly keep doing that.
Speaker 1: Anyway, back to the question, Yeah, did I answer that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think so. And I think also as well, something that helps me because I've had this feeling a few times. Is just focus on how you want to feel and not what you'll be doing. Yes, love, get clear on the feeling.
Speaker 1: This is actually something also chat about in the project because lots of people will join the project and they will be like, I don't actually know what I'm manifesting. I'm not clear on the business I want to start or blah blah blah. But they just know them meant for more or they want a better life. And I say to them, honestly, that is so fine. Do not get caught up in.
Speaker 3: These like I need this job, I need this car.
Speaker 1: Do not get caught up in the details, because manifesting is all about the frequency and the vibration. So if you are clear on how you want to feel, that is honestly all you need. Like obviously visualization helps with vision boards and whatnot. Bit trust me when I say I have manifested things on just the feeling and I had no idea how they were going to look. But now looking back, I was like, fuck, that was the feeling I was sitting in, you know, when I was meditating or whatnot. And actually this is like a little hack something I do like, and this is me who's very tapped into my intuition and very like she's woo woo. She loves manifesting, she loves a shit. I will ask my journal questions.
Speaker 2: Oh tears looking at me.
Speaker 3: Like I'm crazy, know I that's interesting.
Speaker 1: So for instance, if I feel foggy, like, this is a great example of tea. So, guys, we are bringing the Rise and Conquer project back. This is our only so it's coming back. Here's giving me the hand movement of not to talk about this, but I'm just going to do it.
Speaker 3: No, it's coming back. We're not going to say the day.
Speaker 1: All right, We're not going to say the day, but it's going to be early July. I just I'd rather tell them.
Speaker 3: We're telling them the Tuesday after this episode goes up.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, lygly Jamie, keeple listening. The project is coming back. And I am very intuitive the way I do business. And so I sat down with my team and I was like, look, we have to bring back the project at least once this year because I kind of promised everyone that.
Speaker 2: And it's a live round.
Speaker 1: So live rounds are just like next level with like the growth and what happens in them and like the group of people who do the project, it's just like it is magnetic, it's next level energy. And so I'm like, I've got to do the project at least once day. So that's like if you don't know my seven week self development and manifesting. So it is coming back. We're going to have one live round. We're gonna like it's gonna be really really great. But so for so long, A Tear and Jamie are like, you know, when is it coming back? Like we're trying, like they're trying to plan, and.
Speaker 2: I just like it was foggy.
Speaker 1: I was just like I don't know, and I we set a date. Yeah, so I just end up randomly peaking a date because I was like, fuck, I gotta tell them.
Speaker 2: And but I didn't tell you guys this.
Speaker 1: But I actually then went home and every single morning when I would meditate, I would write in my journal when are we launching the project? So this is this is something I do when I feel foggy, and I literally write the question, and then I sit in that question and I meditate and I might journal literally about other things, but I will continuously write the same question.
Speaker 2: No joke.
Speaker 1: One day, it will just come to me, Like it could be two days, it could be five days, it could be three weeks. It will just come to me. But it's like it feels like it's not me, but it's clearing me. Like I don't know, it.
Speaker 3: Feels like very universe aligned, spiritual.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like yeah, my fucking angels or someone's telling me. But every big decision I've made like that and it just fucking works out great.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And like when it comes will you like, for example, for the project date, would it have been like you heard the date, someone said the date, and you're like, that's it, or is it just sort of all of a sudden, you're like, it's this date. It's the nineteenth of September.
Speaker 1: For the project. I wrote it in my journal. So I often meditate at my desk, and so I wrote it in the journal, and I had my calendar sitting up and I wrote in my journal, and I sat there for a little bit and then I just looked at my calendar and I literally was like, it's this day. And then I came back and I was like, so it's here, and Jamie, the dates changed and it's this day and they were all like, okay, but that's honestly, like that's so that's such a cool tactic and like little it's more for little things, Like I even remember when I first I'm talking about the project a lot bit like I honestly did this all with the project. But when I first put out the project, the price of the project, I remember sitting there because I do things in a way, and I sent this to a tier like things need to feel good and they need to intuitively feel right. Yeah, And so I used to then just say numbers, so I'd be like, you know, tun and fifty dollars, a thousand and fifty dollars, And then it just came to a point where I was like that's the price. I know there's like no strategy here, but I just I have a lot of trust in myself and you and your gut and my gut. Yeah, it's a gut thing for me. And that's honestly how I run my businesses.
Speaker 2: A couple often ask me.
Speaker 1: Questions like why, and I'll be like, I need to meditate on it.
Speaker 2: I'll talk to you.
Speaker 1: And then I'll come in and I'll be like we're doing this, and he'll be like why, and I'm like, I don't know, but we're doing it.
Speaker 3: This is what it said.
Speaker 2: It always works out.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Mel's honestly kind of similar. She's very intuitive, and we often cannot explain why we pick certain things.
Speaker 3: But it's just sort of like heart desires too, Like it's just put and you're like, I couldn't tell you why, but this is my life's purpose, like exactly the heart desires, but just with everything.
Speaker 2: It's just with everything.
Speaker 1: And that's like another thing, like if you need to know a specific detail about this manifestation, ask.
Speaker 2: Your journal, ask your journal, ask your journal.
Speaker 1: And a huge thing is the first reaction to what like the response. You've got to just trust it. If you think of the response and then you're like, oh wait, no, oh wait, was that actually intuitive? Or am I just think of saying you fucked it?
Speaker 3: Do you?
Speaker 1: I mean like, it's the first response and that's it, and you don't question it and you move.
Speaker 3: On and as soon as you question it, you're done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't doubt your intuition because then it stops talking to you.
Speaker 3: I doubt my intuition a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did just want to build it back up.
Speaker 3: I had to.
Speaker 1: I used to really doubt myself growing up and in my early twenties. Yeah, oh yeah, that's like I feel like I do a whole podcast, we should actually do only twenties and just I used to like intuitively feel something and do the opposite.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's what society teaches you, though. Ye, almost to a certain extent. What school and university teaches you is that your heart is wrong and your head is right. You need to listen to your head.
Speaker 2: Yeah and yeah.
Speaker 3: Second question, do you have some advice on manifesting when everything seems to be going in the wrong direction and how to get out of a rut? And how do you push that feeling of worry or stress aside to then focus on gratitude and manifest something better.
Speaker 2: So are you ready a here? I'm about to blow your mind. Yeah, nothing's ever going wrong.
Speaker 3: I wish you guys could have just seen shocked.
Speaker 1: I was like, holy shit, But like, so what, I have a core belief that life is happening for me, never to me. So if things aren't going right and they're going in the opposite that I want them to.
Speaker 3: Go, are you supposed to be going in the opposite that you want to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's happening for me. So even when like bad shit happens, I go, how is this happening for me? What either lesson am I learning? Or what direction is it pushing me into?
Speaker 3: Interesting?
Speaker 1: Because if you think so, if you have a core belief that life is happening for you, like I also have a core belief that's like I can't fuck it up. And so if I'm really working towards something and it feels really hard things are going wrong, I'm like, it's not in alignment because life is meant to feel easy, it's meant to be flowy. When shit like that happens, I go, Okay, where am I not in alignment? Where am I kind of going wrong with things here?
Speaker 3: So how do you know? Like, say you're trying to get a new job and you're applying nothing's happening. Does that mean that you're applying for the wrong jobs or does that mean you should be staying in the job you're at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So with that, I don't think not necessarily applying for the wrong jobs it means you either have to because for instance, if you get to the point where you apply for another job. It's because you don't want to work where you want to work, which that's an intuitive thing, which great, but it just means the perfect job has not come up yet. So if you went for an interview and you're like, that was my dream job and it didn't happen, it wasn't your dream job.
Speaker 3: And it shouldn't have happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but honestly, and it's like, right now, you can't see it. Right now, it feels like the world is ending and you didn't get what you want. But I guarantee you, in hindsight you'll look back and go, oh my god, thank god I didn't get that job.
Speaker 3: Because then you would never have applied for the right one.
Speaker 1: Yes, so much has happened to my life where I've wanted a certain outcome and I haven't got it. But now looking back, it was then the catalyst for something better to happen, or for me to learn a very valuable life lesson, because honestly, shit goes wrong and you think, how the you know, how the.
Speaker 3: Fuck could this ever ever be a good thing?
Speaker 1: Yes, and like obviously there is just shitty things that happen in this world. There's just shitty things. And I'm a big believer in your karmic role. So this is like a whole other conversation, but I believe that you know, you come to this earth and you have like a sole agreement with your soul to live out whatever happens, and you actually fully know your life before you live it, and then you're a baby and you forget it and you go through and you know, learn your lessons and do your things.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So for instance, you know, cause I've had the question of like, you know, the whole everything happens for a reason, and I've had someone come and be like, so what do you mean, like when really bad things happen, like people getting murdered or you know, just like why did that happen? And obviously lack it's you know, I'm not going to be like everything happens through reason, But that was that person's cal mac journey for whatever reason. Maybe it was a past life, maybe you know whatever. Like I don't like to get too into it, but also it helps me in processing.
Speaker 2: My own life.
Speaker 1: So for example, you know, when I had my miscarriage, I obviously didn't go, oh, yeah, everything happens for a reason.
Speaker 2: I'm all good like.
Speaker 3: I, you know, could you imagine?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like it was the saddest, you know, moment of my life and I had to process my emotions and I had to go through everything. Now in hindsight, I can see that it meant to, you know, happen because I've got my beautiful Ivy Sunday girl. And also there was just a huge lesson that I learnt there and that grew me as a person and I've evolved into a different person that I truly believe that I needed to go through in order to be a good mother. Yeap, So does that kind of make sense where? And if you think about it, if you go through life and you're like, oh, everything's going wrong, nothing's going my way, can you not see how.
Speaker 3: Negative people are just such glass half a mea and.
Speaker 1: So victim, Like they just think their life is the worst life ever and no one's got it worse than them. And I just think, imagine going through life like that, You're constantly going to attract more of that, because like attracts life.
Speaker 2: So if you.
Speaker 1: Constantly go through life going oh, things are going wrong, things are shit, You're just going to attract more of that. So if you know quote unquote bad things can happen, or things that are like not ideal or not in your situation. Imagine how different it would be if you reacted in the way of, yes, there's this shit, I'm not gonna ignore it. I'm not talking about like toxic positivity process. It go through the motions. But what lesson did this then? Like, you know, teach me so I can grow as a person, so I can evolve, and you know what life actually happens for me. I'm not gonna let this get me down. I'm gonna keep moving forward because good shit's about to happen. Look at those two people, Yeah, huge, Imagine the life this person has compared to that person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like that story. My mum used to tell it to me all the time when I was little, about these two guys. I think they were like stuck in a tower or a prison or something, and one of them nice, great, sorry one of them they both looked out the same window, and one of them always looked up into the stars, and the other one always looked down into the mud. And it was like the one who looked up in the stars was always happy, in positive and inspired, and the one that looked down to the mud, just hated everything.
Speaker 2: Perspective is everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So going back to the question, because we died, we love to ramble. I think you need to change this narrative. I think you need to go why are things going on the quote unquote wrong direction? And how can I actually see this as a beautiful growing moment in my life?
Speaker 3: And where is it leading you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Where is it leading?
Speaker 1: And I think maybe I think sometimes we're so set on a certain outcome that we get tunnel vision and we get blinded from like the signs.
Speaker 2: They've got a.
Speaker 1: Big sign, They're like look over here and your tunnel vision. Oh, didn't get that job?
Speaker 3: Do you know that? Hell?
Speaker 1: And so I think it's about maybe putting your blinders and like down and going Okay, what has happened in the past, getting reflective.
Speaker 3: Looking around you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is this maybe teaching me? What direction am I kind of getting pushed into? How do I feel about this? You know, swapping the narrative from not so much this negative to this new positive and going from there.
Speaker 2: Love and sorry.
Speaker 1: Just to answer the very last question about how can I push that feeling of warry and stress aside and focus on gratitude and manifest something better. I've kind of just answered that, but it's change your narrative, write a new story, because you can do that at any stage. Guys, thank you so much. We're just going to leave it at two questions today because we really went deep. I hope you enjoyed it. God, I love talking about manifest me too.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm going to go home and I don't know, meditate.
Speaker 2: Ask my journal something.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquer podcast.
Speaker 2: If you enjoyed it and.
Speaker 1: Want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Rise Andconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Conquered podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing, And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great