Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast Melbourn's Gold one oh four point three Live from Level two, twenty one to thirty one, Goodwood Street.
Speaker 2: Wretchmen, this is the.
Speaker 1: Christian o'connal Breakfast Show on Melbourn's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Good morning, it's to Christian O'Connell breakforst Show Show number ninety six. On today's show, we are reuniting more old bands as we head towards the cut off point this Friday for your old bands to try and get involved in One Last Dream. We've got an opening slot. Jack, how many hours, how many days? Since all the biggest show on Earth. I love doing this because Jack never has the tab open two weeks, so keep saying just have it always open.
Speaker 4: He has to log in open the tab.
Speaker 5: Twenty five days, five hours, fifty six minutes, fifty five seconds.
Speaker 3: Until you keep that tab perpany open. All right, we're talking about one last Dream. You're opening up your reunited band.
Speaker 4: We have to slot.
Speaker 3: We just don't have a band up in front of fifteen thousand people before Jimmy Barnes, the Angels and loads. More more on that on today's show. Kevin art tickets at seven point thirty. So yesterday something embarrassed happened to me. After a Yesterday's show, got straight in a taxi, straight the airport, went to Sydney for a couple of probably pointless meetings, and came all the way back and so I missed my afternoon nap.
Speaker 4: This is bad news.
Speaker 6: This will be good this morning.
Speaker 7: Jack.
Speaker 3: So I'm on the plane coming back right and from Sydney and at the airport waiting for the flight back.
Speaker 4: I did have a very large Saves Spanish beer.
Speaker 3: And as soon as that plane started to just go down the runway, I was reading my kindle and it was like I've been drugged. I fell into a very very deep sleep. Suddenly I heard a thud. I'd fallen to such a deep seat. I'd dropped the kindle book on the floor and the stewardess as we were like taking off in the air.
Speaker 4: Just within minutes, I'd gone into a deep sleep. You know when sleep just takes you, Yeah, does that happen to you? Pats me?
Speaker 3: Yesterday hour was a long time like me where that afternoon is that bewitching hour?
Speaker 4: It just takes you like a drug.
Speaker 6: It happened to me yesterday. I was at the hairdressers and fell asleep at the scene nor It was so embarrassing because do you know what woke me up? Anthea was conditioning my hair and I woke up.
Speaker 4: Love Anthea, yea favorite stylus Anthea.
Speaker 6: It was so embarrassing and I had a bit of draw all down the side of my face.
Speaker 3: So was it one of those proper where it's do you just start actually snoring, don't you?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I was full on.
Speaker 6: She was laughing at me.
Speaker 4: I said, no, that's not funny. I was Anthea, and she's so good. Anthea.
Speaker 3: What's she doing that thing where they give you the head massage? Because that's why I'm like a cat and I can't fight the sleep is taking me down. It's like the Crael Sea. I can't resist.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, you wit Jack.
Speaker 3: Whence you start doing these breakfast sales for a couple of years time, a couple of years time, this will be you. The snooze just takes you in the after up mid day.
Speaker 5: I have a sleep sometimes where it feels like no time is past.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's often during the show. We've got a little cat napped during the show. Here goes sit in the window, ledge in the sun like a little moggie catching some rays.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: When I was in Sydney yesterday, someone from Sydney said something to me, and I bit big time. Obviously, been in this country now about almost seven months, I've realized that it's a it's a collection of very, very proud cities, all right. And when I was in Sydney yesterday, the guy was going, how you find him Melbourne?
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I was going, yeah, great, you know, I got this and this, I'm looking forward to this, this and this, and he just went he just blinked his eyes smuggling and went, should have moved to Sydney, yea. And I got to be honest, right, I bit and I went, I don't think so. Actually Melbourne's better. And he went like this, patronizing me, and so I started to formulate and before I knew it, we were having a set to about Sydney versus Melbourne.
Speaker 6: I had you back now here, a real Melbourne.
Speaker 4: I what is it? What is it about the people of Sydney. They think it's the greatest place on Earth.
Speaker 6: They've got to chip on their shoulder.
Speaker 4: And I'm sure us Brits sometimes must come across like this as well.
Speaker 3: I'm aware of that. Here are the other Brits around here where we talk about, you know, England and wonderful in London and all this. But Jesus, this guy, I couldn't believe it the way I see it.
Speaker 4: Right, Sydney is a great city.
Speaker 3: A right, that is a great city, and that is the most beautiful harbor in the world.
Speaker 4: Right, it really is. It's a strike and flying into it.
Speaker 3: Yesterday it was a beautiful sunny day here in Melbourne and it was a sunny day in Sydney as well. Again not as hot as here actually, but it was a striking day coming into It's an amazing city. And I remember the first time I ever saw Sydney and the Harbor Bridge was eighteen years ago when my wife and I first came here, and it was an incredible stight when you first see it. And my Das's coming to Australia for the first time and you know, in the new year and he's going to go and see Sidney Harbor Bridge.
Speaker 4: But here's what I think.
Speaker 3: We went back last year to Sydney, and after two or three days.
Speaker 4: I have to be honest, wow, I was a bit bored.
Speaker 3: And I was I was like, yeah, okay, get it. You got this beautiful harbor, it's amazing. What else have you got? And then why can't I move anywhere? The traffic here London traffic so rends it's and it's bad here in Melbourne, right, but it is horrendous there. That's why they have the Grand Prix in Melbourne. Oh Lewis Hamilton would just be stuck going nowhere. In Sydney it was the slowest Grand Prix ever, the fastest lap time eight days, eight days. They do a lap of Manly or whatever they did it around there. All right, it is an amazing city. Okay, However, what I was saying this, this is what I think, right, I think Sydney reminds me of like the hot girl at school where everyone said to it, you're amazing, You're beautiful, you're beautiful, you are she didn't have to do any work on her personality was Melbourne. Melbourne is her slightly naughtier sister that's got way more fun.
Speaker 4: And way more to do.
Speaker 3: That's it a lot more Chris made Yeah, So this morning I want to try and compare why do we think Melbourne is better than Sydney? Because I think there's way more to do here. I think there's more heart and soul, and I think you're more grounded and down to earth than keep than Sydney. Sydney strikes me as somewhere it thinks it's Los Angeles.
Speaker 4: You know, it's got this kind of la.
Speaker 3: Wanna be to It felt like to me, I even felt yesterday I was only there for a little bit. I could just feel the difference in the people there. It just seemed, I don't know, a bit more uptight and everyone's trying to impress each other. And I know Melbourn's got a share of hipsters and stuff like that, but it feels a bit more relaxed, way less uptight.
Speaker 4: And also there's just so much more going on here.
Speaker 5: There's no better way for you to endear yourself to this city.
Speaker 4: And have an argument.
Speaker 3: I was genuinely really enoied with this guy. I couldn't even laugh it off. I just bit, all right, so this morning, cooling, why is Melbourne better than Sydney? Nine four one four one oh four three I've got this guy's email. I'm going to shoot me an email at turning Plot today. God, I'm giving it a bit of thought. Actually, So why do we think Melbourne is the is the better city than Sydney? And I also I think years ago they would sort this out by having a civil war, and maybe that's the best way is for us all just have a big fight with Sydney and settle this once and for all. Nine four one four one o four three. Let's former definitive list? Why is this the better city?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 3: Why is Melbourne the better city than Sydney? Yesterday I walked over to Sydney actually found myself getting an argument with the guy. They told me we should have moved to Sydney in a very smug way, started going on about the beach as being superior, and then quickly his argument evaporated. Friends, So one of this morning, why is Melbourne the better city? Nine four one four one four three One thing I can't wait four as the Comedy Festival come the end of March. I'm already starting to get my stuff ready for that, doing little gigs as try and run a new materials, so you've.
Speaker 4: Already got a step up.
Speaker 3: In terms of live no city in Australia was more excited than the album live music. I mean, over seventy five bands now in a week and a half e ented our One Last Dream. The standard is so high it's gonna be really hard just picking one band. We could easily do a whole show of about ten of these bands evented, and all of them would do really, really well and absolutely just smash it. So I think in terms of live music live comedy, Melbourne's got the number one spot in not just between Sydney and here, but I think in Australia.
Speaker 4: Now, Jack, you must have some reasons here.
Speaker 5: I can't think of off the top of my head. Too many funny Sydney comedians, so they must be some sort of sense of humor. But also the street art. If you go into the middle of Sydney and walk down their lane ways, Melbourne's full beer walls, guys drawing your walls. They're great.
Speaker 3: I know, I think it's an amazing thing. You know, you actually take photos of some of them. They're so in Melbourne.
Speaker 5: The trains are so expensive like it costs like fifty bucks. That's an exaggeration.
Speaker 4: It sounds good.
Speaker 5: So let's just say if you get on the train from the airport in Sydney, man, it's so expensive and then more even more expensive than that parking, but you might as well buy a new car by the time you park every night. Just leave it there.
Speaker 3: And also explains where someone like Alan Jones is so angry.
Speaker 4: It's Sydney making him like that.
Speaker 3: If you lived there, he's probably a nice, chilled out, laid back guy.
Speaker 5: And the last one is that it's a myth that Melbourne is wetter than Sydney. It actually reigns more on Sydney than it does here.
Speaker 4: Is that true?
Speaker 5: Can you confirm?
Speaker 4: They all say it's wet to hear.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, Sydney has had a lot of rain of late.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 5: I don't bring your weather guy at Patsy.
Speaker 4: It was all gone quiet. That mysterious contacts.
Speaker 3: You've got, it hasn't Hey, listen, by the way, what is the weather forecast for Saturday?
Speaker 4: We're going to Derby Day.
Speaker 6: For the first it's been revised down. It's getting cooler and cooler, but I think we'll be all right.
Speaker 4: It's cool and cooler. Do I need to get like a sheepskin coat or something?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, eighteen. It was about twenty three at one stage. Partly cloudy, I believe in eighteen.
Speaker 3: Right, she's been looking at the pine cones. Jackson on the line, Good morning, welcome to the show.
Speaker 8: Thanks guys, how you're going?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Good? And tell us then what do you think? Good to you, mate, Melbourne's the better city.
Speaker 8: Well, I've just come back from a road trip to Sydney. We went up to watch the X Games, which was some reason they only went to Sydney, didn't even bother coming to Melbourne.
Speaker 4: It's huge days.
Speaker 8: And there was nothing to do. There was nothing open. They've just got a bridge in an uppera house and apart from that, I don't know. It's just like a ghost town. Like we were walking around and we did twenty one thousand steps and we saw three places that were actually open.
Speaker 5: And that's a city of five million people.
Speaker 4: You and you call it a ghost.
Speaker 8: Because those three were the only places that were open. They were packed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's bizarre, isn't it. Ghost Town is a great way to describe it. What's the story with that?
Speaker 4: For the city that thinks has got this amazing nightlife.
Speaker 8: We went into JB High Flakes. I had to buy a phone adapter and we asked the blike, where can we go? What can we do? And he was helpful, but I said, no one's here, what's going on? He goes, welcome to Sydney. It's like this all the time. And the weekend I probably saw like two thousand people in the whole of Sydney while we're walking around.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a part of that there is these lockout laws as well, which I know. It's a bizarre It's a whole new concept for me. All right, mate, listen, Jack, thank you very much.
Speaker 8: You cool soy, Thanks very much.
Speaker 9: All right, Helen, good morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Hada, Welcome to the show. Why do you think Melbourne's better than Sydney?
Speaker 4: Mate?
Speaker 10: Every time that someone from Sydney goes to Amy Park or or rod Labor Arena, they stand there and they say, oh my god, everything is five minutes from a station, Everything is all in the one area. How good is your planning compared to ours in Sydney. If you go to Homebolls, it's a forty minute train ride in the middle of nowhere and there's nothing out there. It's just like a dead area, whereas the sporting precinct of Melbourne and Richmond itself is a gool.
Speaker 3: Great, well, you've gotten that really small collection, You've got Amy Park, you've got Rod Laver, you've got the mcg they're all walkable and easy to.
Speaker 10: Get to exactly. And you know, and the other thing. We have twenty four hour mechers with Sydney.
Speaker 4: This is it, Mike John, this is it.
Speaker 3: Twenty four hour markers in your face, Sydney, all right, head and Dancy Cole might have a good day.
Speaker 1: The Christian who Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three intert a emails is coming from Luke Ludwell talking about the rivalry between Sydney and Melbourne. Rivalry goes back to the nineteenth century. Prior to Australian Federation, New South Wales and Victoria were arguing over the location of the border, so much so we got so intense that Victoria actually built a battleship to.
Speaker 4: Start to sell to Sydney to sort this our. I didn't know any of this.
Speaker 3: Luckily it was settled by Melbourne getting the Australian Parliament.
Speaker 4: There comes from Luke. Ps.
Speaker 3: If you want any more useless information, please let me know. Listen, this show is on about four hours of that's OutLuke, so let's keep you on standby.
Speaker 1: The Christian who Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 4: Three Friday Show. I said to Jack listen over the weekend, I'm try and come up.
Speaker 3: With some new ideas for the early morning games, and came in with two. And I think today's trying time for us to try out one of the new ones, which is this.
Speaker 2: Put it in a decade baby.
Speaker 5: Put it in a decade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's six thirty am and time to play put it in a decade Baby.
Speaker 3: Over the years, we've all heard different variations of quizeres on TV, on the radio, Guess the year, Guess today, beat the intro. But only Jack Post can look at all of that and go the thing that's missing. There's a gap in the market here, get it within ten years.
Speaker 5: That's the Jack postway decade fan for choice.
Speaker 4: Nearest to the.
Speaker 3: Pin, nearer to the pin in the postcode of the pin. All right, so how does the decade baby game work?
Speaker 5: I'll give you either movie a book a song, and.
Speaker 4: It is how I guess it within a decade.
Speaker 5: You gotta say which decade it's in.
Speaker 4: Surely this should be the easiest quiz and.
Speaker 5: T that's why I will give you five. You might have to get all five to win, or four out of five.
Speaker 3: Listen, you can't have vagaries on a quiz, all right, and he doesn't go.
Speaker 4: I might ask you three.
Speaker 3: Questions and I might just give you the minion. I might ask you ten. So yep, we'll start to play millionaire hot seat words. You can't happen a quiz.
Speaker 4: I might.
Speaker 5: All right, four out of five. If you get four out of five correct, you win. Are we doing deco rugs?
Speaker 4: Of course you might every single that you're in the rug? Is that the catchphrase of the quiz? You're in the rug? All right?
Speaker 3: We're playing next. Give us a call then nine four one four one O four three. This should on paper the easiest quiz ever. But as you know, with radio, you never really know what happens.
Speaker 4: Give us a call. We're playing next.
Speaker 5: Do you know your decade?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three Christian O'Connell Breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Alison, you've heard quizes? Yeah if it all can'ts and quizes? Guess the year, name the day, beat the intro, Guess the album?
Speaker 4: What's the movie? But have you ever heard this kind of quiz?
Speaker 5: Put it in a decade, baby.
Speaker 2: Put it in a decade. In it's six thirty eight years. Time to play Put it in a decade, baby.
Speaker 3: I'm excited to see how this goes on paper. There should be radio's easiest quiz. It could only come from the mind of Jack Post nail it down to ten years, even if producer Brad came in and went, so you do you want to get like within ten years of like say seventy five to eighty five, and no, just just say in a decade eighties, fifties, yeah, thousand, Yeah, all right, then, so we're ready to play.
Speaker 5: I'm ready.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's play it for the first time ever. Put it in a decade, babe. Let's see how this goes on the line. Now take compart in this radio experiment.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Chris, there you go on there, Christian, Pretty good, Chris.
Speaker 3: Are you ready to take part? Your beginea pig in this to play.
Speaker 11: I am actually I'll listen to your show quote often, actually every morning, just about Actually, we're giving this quizy a bit of a try.
Speaker 5: All right, big decade fan, Chris, Oh yeah, I don't mind me decades. What's your favorite decade?
Speaker 9: Through a few of them? I would have to say the nineties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the nineties had some great music, and yeah, shout out to the nineties, shout out to the eighties, seventies, sixties, and fifties.
Speaker 5: All right, let's play, Chris. You got to get four out of five to win the deco rug to get less than two, we'll go on to another call up, because then.
Speaker 4: The game really.
Speaker 5: In what decade was the Queen album released A Night at the Opera?
Speaker 9: I'd have to say nineteen eighties.
Speaker 4: Seventies, seventies, seventeen nine.
Speaker 5: That's all right, Yeah, I'm neb to get four out of farm.
Speaker 7: Day, I've got four.
Speaker 3: This This guy's in nineties, he said that's his favorite decade.
Speaker 4: Okay, give me nineties one.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 11: What year?
Speaker 5: Well? Sorry, what decade?
Speaker 4: He's on the ropes already?
Speaker 5: Question too, Sorry, I should say nineteen seventy five for the Queen album as well. What decade was Silence of the Lambs released the film, not the book, the film.
Speaker 12: The film would have to be the nineteen eighties.
Speaker 5: Nineteen ninety one.
Speaker 4: Sorry, nothing, well an eighties movie.
Speaker 5: Worry, Chris, I'm not laughing at you. Ninety one. He's very close to the eighties.
Speaker 4: He's given one more on paper.
Speaker 3: This should be a shoeing. There was nothing eighties about. If only Hannibal lecture had been an eighties thing. All right, Chris, all right, this is the big one, mate, got tell you what, get this one right? I'll give you the deco rugger. Right, forget about the other two. Sald on this, buddy.
Speaker 5: You can do it, Chris, with Dan Brown's best seller The Da Vinci Code released, No, sorry, not yet. Decades in a decade.
Speaker 13: Baby, two thousand?
Speaker 5: Ye go, you're on the rug, baby, all right, give him another one?
Speaker 3: Just a bump, Chris, you're you're on a roll. Now, let's see if you can get another one.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: What decade did the first man step on the moon?
Speaker 1: Oh ah, the sixties.
Speaker 5: You gotta god, he came, gurd he came.
Speaker 4: All right, you win a deco rug?
Speaker 3: Well done, Chris, excellent, Thanks very much, all right, buddy, have a good day. Deco Rugs five stores, Rount Melbourne, find your nearest one at Deco Rugs dot com dot au.
Speaker 5: Play again tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Absolutely the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three right now, then we are about forty eight hours a week or so from the cutoff point from one last stream.
Speaker 4: This is a big thing we're doing.
Speaker 3: We're asking you, Melbourne, if you used to be in a band or do you know anyone that used to be in a band back in the day, and maybe they were really, really good because this city has got so much great live music and the standard of the bands that have actually stepped forward to say, look, I'm up for this.
Speaker 4: Don't know all the entire band members. Can you help us out?
Speaker 3: Almost like eighty in a week and a half. Eighty bands in a week and a half, Melbourne is incredible. But we're saying they're up for this, and it's a really really big show. We've got the opening slot in front of fifteen thousand music fans who are excited about seeing Jimmy Barnes, the Angels and loads more. The first band on stage is a band that we haven't even discovered yet, So we're still looking for your bands. Right up until the closing point on Friday, we're talking about this rack and Row.
Speaker 2: Radio Christian O'Connell's one Last Dream.
Speaker 4: That sort it is one last dream Melbourne.
Speaker 3: You may have been something back in the day, but life just happens is suddenly you're drifting along and you hear about this, and suddenly that little spark there's been a dim spark at the back in your mind, Suddenly it's still alight and you fancy it another crack, a second chance.
Speaker 4: All we have in life is our stories.
Speaker 3: What an amazing story this would be for a band that we will find? Jack, how many hours, how many days that scare ourselves until this opening slot?
Speaker 5: Twenty five days, four hours, fifty minutes, twenty seconds.
Speaker 3: It's still gonna be okay. It's all gonna be okay. I trust you, all right. So yesterday we're talking to Van. We heard from them over the weekend, a band called Citizen Kane and I really like this.
Speaker 4: We played it yesterday first time and quite a few of you were impressed by them. Citizen Kane.
Speaker 3: Go well like seventies funk doing it, but a Red Chili members in there were flee on the bass.
Speaker 4: So this is really good.
Speaker 3: So we spoke to a guy called Alex, who is the bass player you can hear doing the great work in this And like I said, we said, originally, look if you need help reuniting with a band member, and I just thought it might be one of them.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize actually.
Speaker 3: He needed help finding the entire band. The reason was so he got kicked.
Speaker 5: Out of the band twenty five years ago.
Speaker 4: Now we know about this in rock and roll.
Speaker 3: Lindsay Buckeham been in Fleet with Matt for years, got thrown out the last couple of months. This happens with big time rock and roll, and also it happens with Citizen Kane.
Speaker 4: He just innocently told the band that he.
Speaker 3: Was getting engaged and they were like, get out, leave your bass player at the door. We need the AMM two, we want your gun and your badge. You're out of Citizen Kane. So he was on yesterday looking for the entire band.
Speaker 13: First of all Steve Linburne, he was the league of and songwriting. The second person would be David Pican, I guess the lead singer, drummer, Cameron Gold, Teddy Tad, the rhythm player, guitar player, and the singer. I think her name was Guya Yanks, but I'm not sure about a surname.
Speaker 4: And then we get this message yesterday.
Speaker 9: My name is David. I've been inundated with text messages about my old band, Citizen Kine. Oh yeah, I'll leave my number.
Speaker 14: It's thanks boy.
Speaker 3: He's on the line right now. Come on in, David, good morning, Good morning. Hey listen, thanks so much. I'm sorry for we just came out of nowhere and suddenly everyone's want to get hold of you. Said, there's a radio station hounding you down. You're missing in action. So thank you very much for coming forward.
Speaker 9: No worries.
Speaker 3: So yeah, So tell us about Citizen Kane. So we hear from Alex yesterday. We love the track we played, and then he told us the story about being kicked out of the band.
Speaker 4: Do you remember it the same way?
Speaker 3: Was it to do with him getting engaged and you didn't like a suddenly a Yoko oh nos are coming into the fray?
Speaker 9: Well, that's correct.
Speaker 4: It happens in rock and roll, doesn't it.
Speaker 5: What did you say to him?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't know it was me. I think I'm going to put the blame on Steve.
Speaker 11: He said it was you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Alex is listening, sorry, Matte that I don't think I had anything to do with it.
Speaker 3: And so again, and then if we understand it right, over the years, So how many years ago is this?
Speaker 4: It's quite while back, isn't it. When you were guys were playing in Citizen King.
Speaker 9: We're a little bit younger, probably twenty five years, let's say ninety three.
Speaker 4: And what do you do now, Dave?
Speaker 9: What I do now? I run production at a place called Crown yep.
Speaker 3: And are you up for reuniting the bands? Can you let by gones be by gone? And enter this competition? One last dream?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 9: I put my hand up and say why not? There'd be a laugh.
Speaker 4: And have you still been playing in bands? You still put your match fit?
Speaker 9: I am well consider myself to hold a tune every now and then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so listen, Dave, stay there. We're going to play a song when we come back. We're going to reunite you with Alex. Okay, that's trouble.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three imagine you used to be in a band. They were a pretty good band. You could have gone somewhere. And then you meet someone who fall in love and you tell your bandmates who you've been playing with and have high dreams and sheds and you know moments with that you've met someone. Then you're engaged and they go cool, get out the band, because that's what roughly happened with Scissus and k And we are opening up that wound twenty five years later. Right now, let's get back to two people, then, the two co stars in this story. First of all, let's get Alex, who contacted the show yesterday said he was up for entering one last dream big competition we're doing. We're trying to find a band the opening slop at one electric day in front of fifteen thousand music fans before there's Jimmy Barnes.
Speaker 4: That be your band? All right, Alex, welcome back to the show mate.
Speaker 7: Hey, good morning, Christian.
Speaker 4: So we started to find your bands?
Speaker 12: Yeah, it sounds like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And do you recognize this voice, Dave? It's Alex. Alex is Dave again.
Speaker 13: Hi Alex, Hey David, how you doing?
Speaker 10: Not too bad?
Speaker 13: A bit surprised perplexed.
Speaker 7: Hey, I listened to the trailer just before and you now, look, you're not the guilty one.
Speaker 9: You didn't call me.
Speaker 7: It was Steve limb Burn. He was the He delivered all the bad news.
Speaker 9: Yeah, see, I don't lie.
Speaker 4: This is interesting. So what was what was Steve in the band? Guys? Was he the guitarist? He was the lead?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Right, okay, so he's kind of like the king of the band.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, yeah, I guess it was his role delivered all the crap news as well.
Speaker 4: Heavy is the head that wears the crown sometimes.
Speaker 3: All right, So Alex, you're still excited were reuniting your band?
Speaker 4: She said, we're trying and track them down. We're bringing them in one by one.
Speaker 2: Pump all right.
Speaker 4: So Dave you're on board.
Speaker 9: Ah, on board, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Come on, bringing you back in. It's like the Godfather. They brought me back in, bringing it back in.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, I've never left.
Speaker 4: I never left. That's it.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's at the Hotel California. You could check in, but you can never leave. So Alex is on board, Davis on board. There's this, then there's there's a couple more missing.
Speaker 4: Is that right?
Speaker 9: There is we're in the band, right, okay, Well.
Speaker 7: With Steve and who else that Alex.
Speaker 3: Let me remind you I already got memory problems with these guys. This was this is what we said yesterday. This is the band.
Speaker 13: First of all, Steve Linburne, he was the lead guitar and songwriter. Person would be David Picon. I guess the lead singer one Cameron gold T the rhythm player, guitar player, and the singer I think her name was Guya Yanks, but I'm not sure about a surname.
Speaker 4: Right, So those are the ones we need to find.
Speaker 3: Then someone sent me an anonymous email at eleven o'clock yesterday evening with phone numbers for Steve and Cameron. Oh, I'm hoping someone in next twenty fours we can track those band members down. But the one that's going to be hard is Gia. You're not even sure the surname. Maybe Junkist. Do you remember any more?
Speaker 4: Dave?
Speaker 9: Ummm no, No.
Speaker 3: Excellent guys, don't make it easy for us, Okay, it is too early, quite right, David, It's far too early.
Speaker 4: For you tracking down people from twenty five years ago.
Speaker 5: You know nothing. See an environment documentary where they go, do you remember Dave Grohl, Chris neverside roll remember Dave?
Speaker 4: Something alround there?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: All right, So do you even think it was Gia was the first name, because that's quite a distinctive first name.
Speaker 7: It's not a usual first name if you get in touch with Steve. I think they know one another from from from back in the day. I think they may have dated one another.
Speaker 5: They did.
Speaker 3: This is layers within layers within layers. We're peeling an onion.
Speaker 5: There's like a soapie in.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: So it's all about once we get to Steve linn Byrne, then we should have the rest of the band will come.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we hope.
Speaker 3: So all right, so just checking at the end of this phone call and make sure we're all on board.
Speaker 4: Dave, you're definitely in.
Speaker 3: I'm in, Alex, you're still in Citizen Kane Baby, were bringing back the band?
Speaker 4: All right, boys, we'll catch up tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Okay, No, we did what that was at the end the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So many big artists come into Melbourne the next couple of weeks, so many rumors about someone else who might be coming.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, you know, there's so many rumors.
Speaker 5: Pat, what I can't I can't speak.
Speaker 3: Someone is very much overwhelmed by ten o'clocks more and we would have played the song buy An Artists. And there's a big hot rumor than that person is coming back to Melbourne and Pats is a super fan.
Speaker 4: But we play a lot of music on the show, not really giving sick day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but if you have been listening to show for the last couple of weeks, you will have a good idea.
Speaker 10: Four planks.
Speaker 2: But Christine o'connells post code les fuck game.
Speaker 4: All right? This week Week eight.
Speaker 3: Of ten weeks of tickets where we've been sending you to all the big shows in town. This week Kevin Hart, the world's biggest comedian, something like one hundred and twenty thousand tickets when he last came to Australia. He is back December the sixth rod Laver Arena. You still can get some tickets. It's almost sold out. Livenation dot com dot Au.
Speaker 4: You can win them. Right now. Jack is about to put his balls.
Speaker 5: The biggo back at is open.
Speaker 4: Let's how it goes.
Speaker 3: But during that song, when you smashed yourself in the face trying to get one of your balls out.
Speaker 2: Poor ball number one pool ball number two.
Speaker 5: Number one is four number one with me just saying ball number one, yeah, the number one is four.
Speaker 3: Right, nothing can be straight forward with Jack post.
Speaker 5: Are you giving me the ball number two?
Speaker 4: I would do, but the systems crashed.
Speaker 5: Okay, Now is this a sixeror and nine? One of them has six has a stripe under him, So I'm going to say this is a nine four and nine.
Speaker 4: Four and nine.
Speaker 3: If it's in your post, go calling now nine four one four one oh four three, and then Jack will jump on Google Maps and make up three questions about your location. So you need to get them right to prove you really are where you say you're from.
Speaker 4: Nine four one four, one oh four three. The numbers again are A four and nine.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: That's that we're saying. If I was on Smooth. You've heard the way they talk about their music Seal on swet. They never go about three decimals. Great song there, Sale, I was smooth and kiss some morose. I hope these music and words are bringing some joy in Melbourne today.
Speaker 3: Here on Smooth, I read a story of the day that they're thinking of bringing out a more chilled like Smooth child another spin off station. Who tunes into smoothing on this is too much?
Speaker 4: Is this metallica?
Speaker 2: I'm hearing right now, Christine o'connells.
Speaker 4: Let's for game.
Speaker 3: Anyone has just tuned into us and heard that, you know, and the normalist and Smooth, they'll be like the heart the pacemakers will be firing off.
Speaker 4: All right, it's time for this morning's post. Go bingo. We brought out the numbers. We have picked one of you.
Speaker 2: It is Marie.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Good morning, Good.
Speaker 3: Morning, Marie. Welcome to the show. So you're trying to win these Kevin Hart tickets? Is this for your husband?
Speaker 4: Yes, that's right, all right, the.
Speaker 3: World's biggest comedian Jack of just I follow on Instagram. How many followers do you think Kevin Hart's got? Probably in the millions, seventy million followers.
Speaker 4: Wow, what's is huge?
Speaker 5: And he's done almost as many movies. This is so many movies.
Speaker 3: I think he makes like five a week. The man's walk rate's incredible.
Speaker 4: All right, Marie, good luck.
Speaker 5: So, Marie, what suburb are we traveling to today, Sunbury? Now do you consider summary a suburb or it's more of like out of the suburbs of Melbourne.
Speaker 15: Isn't it. It's out of suburbs, definitely.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So it's his own kingdom, the kingdom of Sunbury.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: Three questions from Jackie's that he's had a look on Google Maps to prove you really are what you claim to be from Sunbury.
Speaker 5: I'm standing in the middle of the junction of Riddle Road and Elizabeth Drive. Am I at risk of disrupting traffic? Or am I standing on the safety of a roundabout?
Speaker 15: You are standing at the safety of a roundabout.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's just a great interjunction. Question.
Speaker 2: Love it so far, so good, Marie, Thank you, Marie.
Speaker 5: I am having a barbecue, but I only want to get my meat from Sunbury. I will travel from where I live in Melbourne on the train to Sunbury.
Speaker 3: Station and way to go and get your meat.
Speaker 5: But I love I love this butcher and I get off at the station and I don't want to walk too far to get my meat. What butcher will I go to?
Speaker 15: Oh it's I don't know the name of it. It's right there. It's next to a cafe. It's cross the road from the Jolly Miller. But I couldn't tell you the name of it.
Speaker 9: I don't know that one.
Speaker 5: Good because my question hasn't finished yet. I'll go. I'll go to a butcher that reminds me of Superman Clark.
Speaker 15: Oh, Kent Kent Butchers.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 3: Two down, once ago and you can have these Kevin artzikeers.
Speaker 4: Marie.
Speaker 5: I'm on O'shannessea Street.
Speaker 16: Yep.
Speaker 5: And I've done some yoga.
Speaker 3: When you've still got the sausages, they'll be stinking in the yoga studio especially, it's like bram Or Hot Yogat they'll be cooking the sausages.
Speaker 5: I'm at yoga one oh one. But yeah, I'm so limba. Now I feel like traveling again. What what? What travel agent? What travel agent would I go to if I didn't want to walk far from the yoga studio?
Speaker 15: Slight Center?
Speaker 5: W yay?
Speaker 3: Well, don okay, you're off to go and see Kevin Hart Live, the world's biggest comedian.
Speaker 4: I hope you really enjoy his show.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, all right, Marie, have a great day.
Speaker 4: Thanks for calling.
Speaker 15: Thank you too.
Speaker 4: By all right, another chance to.
Speaker 3: Win Kevin Hart ticket small morning at seven thirty and.
Speaker 4: Don't forget all day long.
Speaker 3: You can win just by having a postcod here in Melbourne with Postco Bingo hugg.
Speaker 4: He's got the first numbers at ten a m.
Speaker 1: This morning the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So my wife and I last night we turn the lights out and there's off and away with women. The lights go out, that's the best time to chat. Apparently, forget the last hour with the lights on. Sat up right, Let's get all that stuff out now, all the dark scary stuff. She starts going, you're missing Lois. I went and this is our eleven year old daughter who's away on her first Australian camp. And I was like, yeah, she has just thought of her now lying in a field. At that moment the light goes on, I was like, you think she's all right? We haven't heard from her right now in the UK. In Britain, she's been on camps for a week. There's no deadly insects, snakes, magpies the size of cars with issues diving down to attack you insects that all they've got to do is rub their legs together and you we paradise and your backside is going to fall out your ears.
Speaker 4: That's danger everywhere in this country. Okay, where is in the UK?
Speaker 3: The only danger she's ever had to worry about on a camp out there as an undercook sausage because how bad way up barbecuing food. So and also because I know that yesterday, win about itinery this week is yesterday. They would going to a cave where it often floods, but they still intend to stay the night there and sometimes a little bit of fun during the night water starts coming in your tent can.
Speaker 4: Get a little bit wet. What fun? Thailand Rescue.
Speaker 5: Learned nothing from that soccer Thailand.
Speaker 3: So suddenly I remember that and I didn't help my going yes because today was the day with the caves she went to the.
Speaker 4: Why would you remind me of that? Remind you?
Speaker 3: I'm just saying that, I'm sure these schools they do this year in, year out. But she is lying in a field right now in a tent. What happens in Australian camps?
Speaker 5: Well, does she do our school didn't do this? But does she do that isolation day.
Speaker 4: A terrorist suspect.
Speaker 5: No, no, honestly, if somebody can ring us up and even year old child, they did the school.
Speaker 4: Alone, alone and naked in the dark TV.
Speaker 5: Five hours of isolation in the bush. So they would drop you off with a few supplies.
Speaker 3: I think it sounds like some crazy Channel seven shows taking part in.
Speaker 5: And then they drove down the road and dropped another kid off and drove down the road and you weren't allowed to go and find the other kids.
Speaker 4: Cool man, I need were assurance right now.
Speaker 6: Audrey's going on camp day camp next week, only grade one. She's already petrified of the snakes. She doesn't want to go, she said, I want to go, I'll get bitten by a snake. She's convinced.
Speaker 5: Day camp is such a funny work because it's not a camp.
Speaker 2: Camp for lunch.
Speaker 4: The park. So what happens? GENU? Did you guys have to go on a camp for the week bushcraft?
Speaker 5: And I honestly never went. All our school camps were just in dining halls and that sort of thing. In a dining hall like.
Speaker 4: You did.
Speaker 5: I'm pitch tent.
Speaker 4: Jack didn't go to school.
Speaker 3: He went to an institute, an institution.
Speaker 4: Jack, We're gonna go miles and miles away. Oh so we're getting the coach.
Speaker 3: Sit on your chair, and let's imagine all we're driving from France. We're here now there's a dining hall. So no, let's imagine it's the bush. Go under the table.
Speaker 4: You're in a cave.
Speaker 6: We did We did all that and cook Damper and Billy Tay and all that stuff. I hated it. I hated camp because I used to get homesick. Oh, don't breaking my heart.
Speaker 5: I cried for like the first two.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is Halloween. This is a Halloween nightmare. Now Halloween the camping trip.
Speaker 3: Please call in and reassure me that Australian camping trips are nothing exciting happens whatsoever. And you might be camping outside in the tent, but it's all very safely done, okay.
Speaker 5: Or if you did that isolation, or you've been on a school camp trip to a dining hall.
Speaker 4: One times, a canteen opening.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connor breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So eleven year old daughter Lowis is on her first Australian camp this week she left the house early Monday morning with her backpack, which was the which is about twenty foot tall.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know if she's ever coming back or she's just gone on the run. Anyways, Well we haven't heard from her normally.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 4: How it works is you get like a text group. All the parents are on. They ping out a.
Speaker 3: Little every day, like because they've had a wonderful day to day. They've they've been abseiling and they've learned how to tie some knots and they're just having a tea.
Speaker 4: Nothing. Yes, nothing, it's been it's been.
Speaker 3: Radio silence and all we know is yesterday on our itinery they were going to visit some caves that occasionally flooded and they were going to stay the night.
Speaker 4: There were terrified.
Speaker 6: There's nothing come across the news desk. So I think she's saying no.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying tell me. Would you say anything?
Speaker 6: Of course I would, But there's nothing.
Speaker 4: She don't tell me on air. I don't want fun news to the O'Connell family.
Speaker 5: She'll be having.
Speaker 3: It's making his way to Warra Warrah, can you double check with your cave guy?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: So one in here, what happens then on Australian camps days on the lane, Good morning, Dave.
Speaker 15: Are there?
Speaker 4: Are there? Everybody?
Speaker 17: So correct?
Speaker 12: You are correct. There is definitely an isolation camp.
Speaker 4: Old she's not joining the sas.
Speaker 12: I was fourteen and we were stuck on a seven day camp, three day canow camp, three day hike, and then for the last twenty four hours they gave you a bit of fruit, a few nuts, a sheet of plastic and a sleeping bag. Drove you out in the land cruise.
Speaker 4: Isn't this the DiCaprio movie The Revenant?
Speaker 5: Dave four Hours of Isolation.
Speaker 12: Isolation was in the middle of the stress Strathberger Rangers. Luckily the weather was okay, but the worst bart was the first one, or the first day of the canoe camp. We were playing with messilated spirits around the camp park because guy I thought I was pretty good with graffiti, and as you would imagine a few guys get together, one of the bottles that held the desolated spirits exploded. Now I ended up slipping in a tent with a guy that was moaning for two days straight because he burned his hair and his eyebrows on another All you.
Speaker 4: Got from that he was moaning.
Speaker 3: Stop moaning about third degree facial birds and sleep here.
Speaker 4: Oh you're not reassuring me at all. Day.
Speaker 12: Well, that was in the late eighties. I don't know if it keeps going on. Maybe it's got a little bit softer lately, but I still.
Speaker 5: Sind your eyebrows and hair off anymore.
Speaker 17: Dave.
Speaker 4: Thanks you cool, Tracy.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Good morning, Christian and.
Speaker 3: You Tracy, welcome to the show, mate, and tell me about Australian camps.
Speaker 4: Then.
Speaker 11: Yes, I have two teenage daughters and part of the Year nine program at Bacon Hill's College is for them to do the Great Southwest Walk down near Warner Book.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 11: It's about a ten day camp and they do have a twenty four hour reflection day in the middle of that where they have a solo experience where they're out in a in a paddock and they have their own chance but they're not allowed to interact with anyone else for that day and that night they sleep by themselves.
Speaker 3: Now listen, you're winding me up, Tracy. They're not doing that with eleven and twelve year olds.
Speaker 2: There's no way nine.
Speaker 11: You're nine. So they're about fourteen at the time.
Speaker 4: Just no way. She can't go half an hour that Instagram or Netflix.
Speaker 11: We know, technology for the ten days, so they wear them out by hiking and canoeing.
Speaker 4: And that's amazing though, but what an amazing I'd love to do that. What an amazing experience.
Speaker 5: Do you feel like your daughters came out of it with a positive experience?
Speaker 12: H Yeah.
Speaker 11: One of my daughters was not looking forward to it because she loves to be a people, hard work for her. But the other one loves to be by herself, so she thought it was the best thing. She did the ogre under a tree and also yeah, and then they did a community service to day where they walk along the beach there and they collect all the debris that washes up.
Speaker 5: That's what Harry Meghan did last week.
Speaker 4: And they've got their badges now as well. They can go home.
Speaker 3: Tracy, thanks not for you, cal Let's go to bus.
Speaker 17: Hello.
Speaker 15: So I grew up in Tavy and our school took us out to a track Mount Arthur. We walked along the end of the track and had lunch and then they let all the kids off at about one minute intervals with a compass bearing saying that's where we have the hut is you have to get to the hut by an o'clock. I think it was sure enough. Most of us sort of got about one hundred meters two hundred meters in whatever we thought was the right direction and started bunching up and working our way back. But one of my classmates somehow managed to give himself so bushwhacked. And we are talking about just straight cassy scrub here, but he was about ninety degrees off. So they've owned it up so that we need to hit the track. We'd hit a road, like a really rough dirt road, or we'd hit this major bitchman road and that would sort of be like the safety net forrist. He didn't come back until nine o'clock at night.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine the teachers what they.
Speaker 15: Were shitting themselves?
Speaker 5: Why don't all rules go out the window in school camp a smaller station, don't even a step on a bench.
Speaker 3: You want to go and visit your kids and drop like the cat off, you've got a sign in, do fingerprint technology and iris.
Speaker 4: Scanning the bush.
Speaker 5: All the rules are out.
Speaker 4: Matthat spirits kids, help yourself have fun.
Speaker 3: No first degree bones though any third degree burns well perabs you're terrifying me now, but thankcy, coolwork.
Speaker 4: Okay, just don't go.
Speaker 15: To school and chazy he'll be fine.
Speaker 4: All right. That's that's a takeaway from those babs. Amy, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 2: Go and tell are you terrified?
Speaker 4: To be honest, absolutely terrified. So tell us about your school cat what happened?
Speaker 15: Oh, mine didn't go into the bush at all. We went from the western suburbs into the city for three days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that would have been a different thing to you, because I went up to Broom a couple of months ago, and so it's beautiful Western Australia. But so I guess you made to survive in the city. Try and get a Mikey cart. You'll find it hard. You'll have to dig deep into your soul.
Speaker 12: Say it's three nights in this snowtel where everyone got like itchy arms from the bed living.
Speaker 4: Nights. Yeah, that's that's horrible.
Speaker 15: Yeah, And we had I think one hundred and twenty dollars to last us for three days, and every kid had like a meal to organize within a budget.
Speaker 4: Twenty bucks.
Speaker 5: You could do that, all right, I would. I would just buy the cheapest thing I could think of, like hey, help yourself, rest on boots.
Speaker 3: That's great in this country. Even the beds are dangerous. You can get animals living in the bed bar. All right, give us the coolabb in his school.
Speaker 4: Camps nine one oh four three. These are brilliant.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three took this morning about what happens on school camps. My youngest daughter is obviously having a first Australian school camp this week.
Speaker 4: We haven't hearderer since Monday morning.
Speaker 3: Some kind of field trip yesterday to a cave that she may was supposed to be staying the night, and that occasionally.
Speaker 4: Floods don't get an nothing but horror.
Speaker 3: Stories this morning. Michael, Good morning, Good morning. So Michael, you're a Scout leader. Yes, Now apparently my producer has said I need to ask you why a parent isn't talking to you.
Speaker 17: Because I took her daughter off eighth It was about a thirty five meter high cliff in the Grampians ebseiling.
Speaker 4: And how old was the kid? Ten ten ab sailing? This is a thirty five meters well, there.
Speaker 17: Was thirty five from the stone ledge that we stopped at. It was another ten meters to the ground.
Speaker 4: So do you think this kind of stuff happens in school camps?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 17: No, schools aren't game.
Speaker 5: Enough to do that.
Speaker 4: All right, game enough there.
Speaker 3: Well I'm actually glad they're not game enough to go ab saying like that the Eiger Sanctuary.
Speaker 4: Whatever. All right, Michael, thank you very much. You cal Let's go to Mervin.
Speaker 2: Merrin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hi, hi Merrin, and you live on gold. What's your school camp story for us?
Speaker 16: I got a phone call from my school camp letting me know my daughter was okay, that they'd called an ambulance. She had a leak on arrival.
Speaker 6: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 4: How do you get one off.
Speaker 17: Coleen wash?
Speaker 16: Because easily? Yeah? The chapter a handful.
Speaker 5: How does it get there?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 5: Swimming in.
Speaker 16: Half medacourse?
Speaker 3: Tough mod course. You're crawling through the mon and leech gets on your eye? Oh my word, god, this is so How long was the leech.
Speaker 4: On there for?
Speaker 16: I don't know because I wasn't there when they rang, the witch was still on her eyeball. I jumped through my parents headed to the camp.
Speaker 3: They didn't. They're trying to lure it away with like some cheese or something. Like that, because who doesn't like cheese or animals like cheese? Try like that.
Speaker 16: The leech is an Australian vampire.
Speaker 3: Really, thank you very much for one last while before the news task.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Hey, how are you going Christian terrified?
Speaker 3: All these horror stories on Halloween about school camps?
Speaker 4: What's your one?
Speaker 14: Well, look as I fell a poem, I'm going to make you feel a little bit more assured. My daughter also went on her furs Australian school camp two years ago. Went on the rope bridge first activity. She's the house captain and she got to go first. She stepped on the rope bridge and says, whoa, there's a tiger snake under the rope bridge.
Speaker 15: Teaker comes over to have a look.
Speaker 11: Now it's just a lizard.
Speaker 12: Everybody carry on.
Speaker 14: My daughter, No, I've watched Deady sixty. I'm telling you this is.
Speaker 12: A tiger snake.
Speaker 4: My kids doing like Deadly sixty, so they've done their homework.
Speaker 14: That's stay factual. Rockfort so bringer comes over. It's a massive tiger snake with a master babies. Paul Camp has vacuated shut down kicks all evacuated.
Speaker 5: Incentive to make sure you get over the ropes cord going to start chasing them with it.
Speaker 14: Like I shared some of your concerns as a fellow Palm Christian, and I have to say they'll be completely concerniant when they told me that my daughter is found a tiger. There's nothing to worry.
Speaker 3: About apart from the snakes, yeah, and everything else around there.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you very much helping me out this morning.
Speaker 9: Mate, Thanks late Sea.
Speaker 3: All Right, we've got Leater's Travelers on the way. Then the headlines of Pats.
Speaker 1: The Christian, Who Connell Breakfast Show one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: The IT people.
Speaker 3: They have asked me what time do we want to close entries on Friday? For One Last Dream? This is the big competition we're doing at the moment. It's not even a competition. It's more an opportunity. It's an amazing gig opportunity of a lifetime to open up for Jimmy Barnes, the Angels, Loose Moore I found of fifteen thousand people. We're calling it one Last Dream because it is. If you used to be in a band, reunite your band for one last dream, one last amazing gig.
Speaker 4: Jack. How many days and hours until that slot twenty.
Speaker 5: Five days, three hours, eighteen minutes, twenty two seconds.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we're the closing point is Friday for entries, all right, because then we've got to start winning it down. You got to start rehearsing. We're going to whit it down to a short list. Then we've got to pick a winner. They've got to get ready and I don't know what time of the day Friday, They said, what time do you want entries to close?
Speaker 4: And ultimately thought, well, after.
Speaker 3: About show at ten o'clock am, But I think, hang on, what is rock and rolls hour of the day of the twenty four hour clock? You know, when you think about all the great songs that have been made, straight away you start thinking about the ones that mentioned midnight, like the Bewitching Hour. They are rock and roll. But then there's an awful lot of songs that mention the morning as well. You know, Sunday Morning call, Morning has broken. There are so many morning and midnight and then there's specific times. There's one of the first rock and roll songs with Bill Haley and the Rock around the Clock as well.
Speaker 5: And that's too confusing because that's got many times.
Speaker 4: Now people like You can't say that's the nerds.
Speaker 3: They're just short circuit, you know, you know, because there's like midnight Gambler, there's afternoons are light, there's a lot of midnight on was what do we think is what's rock and rolls hour of the day?
Speaker 4: Do you think it's midnight?
Speaker 5: I think later in the day, because any of the afternoon hours, early afternoon, you're just after lunch, so you're feeling sluggish and slow. You don't feel like rocking out.
Speaker 3: It doesn't sound very big, does it. You're opening up for thousands of people. Make sure we get those entries in by two thirty.
Speaker 6: For three, it's definitely midnight, I reckon, Do you.
Speaker 4: Think it's midnight? Yes? In the we just simply say it's an a wheel house.
Speaker 6: No, We've got to be specific, aren't we.
Speaker 5: Guys?
Speaker 4: All right, okay, all right, call us in and how about out? This morning?
Speaker 3: Nine four one four one oh four three? What is the hour of the clock then for rock and roll?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 4: What hour the day is rock and roll?
Speaker 3: That's what I'm asking this morning Gold one I four point three come mornings to Christian O'Connor breakfast Show. We've got to have a cuts off point this Friday for your bands that you want to reunite for one last dream, an amazing second chance at the big time.
Speaker 4: It really is the big time.
Speaker 3: You're opening up for Jimmy Barns, the Angels, Losmore in front of fifteen thousand people in how many days?
Speaker 5: Now, Chap it is, I'm glad you asked, Oh.
Speaker 4: No, he's not logging back in. Kick that tap open Man.
Speaker 5: Twenty five days, three hours, six minutes, forty seconds.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: The it people have asked us, what time exactly do we want to close it on Friday?
Speaker 4: Debbie?
Speaker 3: What what do you reckon? What time of the day? Twenty four o'clock is Rock and roll?
Speaker 15: It has to be six o'clock Rocks, six pm. People of my age, she used to always watch Johnny o'tive six o'clock?
Speaker 3: Do you reckon we close at six o'clock Friday night? Six o'clock rock?
Speaker 14: Definitely, six pm has to be six o'clock Rock.
Speaker 4: All right, six o'clock rock, says Debbie. What about you? Good morning?
Speaker 17: Hey, Yes, good morning, Christian.
Speaker 7: I totally agree.
Speaker 10: It's gotta be six o'clock.
Speaker 4: Rock, six o'clock rock.
Speaker 5: But if you think of a band coming on at six pm, they're like, there's that's early. You don't go on rock and roll at six I've just had a.
Speaker 3: Quick count online, right and all the various songs, and appears to me that the most common tome of the day written by rock and roll bands is midnight. Over sixty songs so far, right, I found just written about midnight. Jimmy Hendrix had not one, but two songs with midnight in the title, So it's good enough for Hendricks.
Speaker 4: We're going to close this out Friday.
Speaker 5: I thought of one more, What about piano?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 5: It's nine o'clock on a Saturday, So.
Speaker 4: You're saying close it nine o'clock Saturday morning.
Speaker 3: I'd like to because if something isn't very basic for someone like Huggy here, he gets very confused.
Speaker 4: He will look at.
Speaker 3: That on the sheet that they get that the presenters get through the day and go he will go and see someone and go is this right? Because normally you close at six pm or midnight? Is this something he does? He's brought here from his country or something. Nine o'clock I meant to say this on the end and she's closed nine am Saturday morning.
Speaker 5: Have we adjusted for the UK time?
Speaker 3: Prince the Christian the Savings, I know they recently change what we've seen as well.
Speaker 4: So what's going So are we doing it for those reasons?
Speaker 5: Clark on a Saturday morning.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's going to close Saturday morning nine am, just to confuse Huggy.
Speaker 4: All right, done, I let the it people know.
Speaker 1: Good work everyone, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Today is Halloween, so today's that work time waste is make a movie scary. I've got dude, where's my carcass?
Speaker 5: That's better than I'm already going to get rid of. Dude wears my scar?
Speaker 3: I've got dude, wear's my carcass. The Hills have no eyes because they've been gouged out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's already a scary movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm making it even scary. The heels have eyes, but imagine there with no eyes.
Speaker 5: Ah, we don't want to have eyes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they've been gouged all right, The Hills have gouged our eyes. Black Hawk clown merged with a black hawk.
Speaker 4: I'm ashamed of this one. I'm going to end with a terrible one.
Speaker 3: Bill in Teg's Exorcist Adventure, dude wears my carcass. They're still reminding us of the good times. Then the Wizard of Ooze. The Wizard of Ooze is scary, Yeah, because it's like a puss out of a wound is oozing.
Speaker 4: The Wizard of.
Speaker 5: Oz and the cure, I'm not sure that is it a curious case? Is that where you go?
Speaker 4: That's half of it.
Speaker 3: That's not the bad bit, the curious case of Benjamin's butthole.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, Jack, what have you got make? Make a movie scary follow that you can't?
Speaker 5: Mm hmm, that's bad.
Speaker 4: The mine is bad.
Speaker 5: I've not had a good day men in Blood.
Speaker 4: That's good. Yeah, Ron's minus minus.
Speaker 5: Minus Vampire Records instead of the indie film Empire Records. Vampire Records. You've garrup mail genius.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, that's that's why do you open with that?
Speaker 3: That's a brilliant one, you grup Mail is amazing?
Speaker 5: Alright, I finished that.
Speaker 4: Shut it down? You own that. That's great? All right, give us a call. Then make a movie scary like you know.
Speaker 3: The heels have got gouged out eyes, terrifying the curious case. It's no need to repeat it twice. Texas Now oh four seven five O three one oh four three. We're looking for your make a movie scary to down Halloween. Oh four seven five o three one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: It's a great one.
Speaker 3: You come up with some brilliant stuff today for make a movie scarier on Halloween Day?
Speaker 4: Are you ready to march?
Speaker 5: At ready?
Speaker 4: It's all right? Now what are you doing?
Speaker 5: I'll give away golden? What are they going to do? Like aol?
Speaker 4: You know about any lies on the radio? Only had ten minutes think about it. What was gonna do?
Speaker 6: You're trying to say gool as in guystyles, yeah, instead of.
Speaker 4: Golds cool gold ghoul Yeah, h just a goold.
Speaker 5: Let's give away gold.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Four weddings and a mutilation. Oh that's pretty harsh, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Silver?
Speaker 3: Yeah, some of the ones about to not red it on earth. They've gone really uh lou and nice. Try my big bat freak wedding.
Speaker 5: Oh, bat freak wedding.
Speaker 4: I like that Gold to put your name on it. But well done.
Speaker 3: Driving Miss Daisy off a cliff, saying, make a movie scary, poor old miss Daisy. Silver, Gold for Shane, how to ooze a guy in ten days again they're running with my very He speaks to a chemist or pharmacist about it's terrifying stuff. Silver, the Empire, The Empire strikes Jack. That is scary for me, but not that clever Silver.
Speaker 4: Love Luck shamee dancers with were wolves.
Speaker 3: That's a very old well Don Fon and r Hill toy gory instead of toy story toy gory.
Speaker 5: That's a good one. Silver.
Speaker 4: Ten This is this is great one. This is from Muzzle and Cranbourne. I love this. Ten Things I ate about you.
Speaker 5: Gold, a few gold men, Oh Gold, that's a gold.
Speaker 4: Gold Steve World, Brave Heart cut out with listenies. Do what we said, make your movie scary brave Heart cut out.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's what Mel Gibson wanted to call it. Gold Faye, I love that bridge of spiders instead of the Tom Hanks fires.
Speaker 5: Yes, that would be scary.
Speaker 3: Civil plus Nerell, who played Roger Rabbit nice plays I cut up right, Yeah, well done? Yeah, play something Gold Uh James and the Giant Leech. Abby scary off this morning he about the leaches gold Abby, well done, eat slay love. I'd rather watch that than the one I got dragged by my wife and don't do it in that order.
Speaker 4: What older are they doing? No?
Speaker 5: Eat slave like that means you kill them in the middle, then you make love to them. Do you ask all right.
Speaker 13: For that?
Speaker 5: Smutty?
Speaker 3: You brought smut to the show? Actually, in my contract it says there must be no smut.
Speaker 5: That's no smut.
Speaker 3: That's it on breaking contract. I'm out of you guys. Went back tomorrow headless in Seattle.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I had to think of the film now, I know.
Speaker 4: Why is that bad? You think it is only a good thing? Much? Well, I don't anyone.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much for those the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: So I take it you're going chicken train.
Speaker 5: I'm not. I'm too old to go trick or training. But you're like a.
Speaker 4: Thirty I don't think if he's an adult.
Speaker 3: I think if you're like a thirty old boy, if you knocked at my door with your mum and dad, I wouldn't go chat what you're doing.
Speaker 4: You're thirty, ok.
Speaker 3: I've got some little treats here for here, like a blanket.
Speaker 4: I know you may. Oh it's a scary joke. See tomorrow in the morning.
Speaker 5: Could I wear a long trench coat and make it look like I'm two kids sitting on each other's shoulders.
Speaker 3: Like the ant Hill mob used stacked stacks on top. Do you think it's odd if I just went round trick or treating just myself just turned up, you know, just not with kids or not in any outfit. Because I love like, because I love chocolate, and I love sweets.
Speaker 4: And do you know what, I didn't back away from it. I gave her a chance to correct it or even say sorry.
Speaker 3: She actually stared at me, locked in and went meant it to deal with it. Take it home with you.
Speaker 6: We're not leaving sweets out because do you know what happened last year? The kids in our straight flogged the entire cauldron from our front seat.
Speaker 5: Well, I thought, how rough is it where you live?
Speaker 4: Do you live in Afghanistan? So what is where it? We light whenever I.
Speaker 6: Took the whole thing.
Speaker 5: But I thought you were meant to wear to the knock on the door.
Speaker 6: Then you we were going trickle trading, and I thought, no, I'll be kind because lots of kids do it. I'll leave some tree.
Speaker 4: That's not the kids fault, that's your fault.
Speaker 3: Kiss control the same really yeah, and also tell you what isn't it every year the kids get more grabby?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know when you just go taste and they start really going in there, I keep I find it really hard not to snap with them.
Speaker 6: Don't like those don't like? Then you think, well, excuse me.
Speaker 5: I thought I had a good selection.
Speaker 4: Also, do you think this is mean?
Speaker 3: But I really love sometimes just ignoring them, but they know I'm there. I just like pat my head out the window. Go all right, you know, just go and sit back down to the TV.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I don't even go.
Speaker 3: Just start eating chocolates, open the letters and these taste great.
Speaker 5: Go ay now, and you're big Brian and nast mansion. You could just keep the front gate close, tell the security guy at the front and.
Speaker 1: Down the Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: He's coming up next with the postcode bingo. We are back back tomorrow morning. Jack's off trick or treating, so if you're around, fitz Roy might be knocking on your door tonight. Title of today's show is all Animals Like Cheese.
Speaker 4: We are back tomorrow morning. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three