Speaker 1: The Flex and Frooms Daily Podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the potty.
Speaker 3: It's Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: As always, this episode is so good, is it? Yeah, it's fantastic. Anyway, let's get into it.
Speaker 1: Flex.
Speaker 3: And did you know Flex that there is a difference between Emo and Scene?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Really no, but so confident?
Speaker 4: Tell me?
Speaker 2: Can I make my guess as to what the difference is?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 2: I think Scene is more about the aesthetics, and I think that visually it's a little bit more upbeat, and Emo is more of a lifestyle and a temperament.
Speaker 4: True.
Speaker 2: See, Okay, well, I think.
Speaker 3: They're both lifestyles and temperaments. I agree with you that Scene is definitely more fun and Emo is a bit more serious in terms of sadness. Yeah, but they're actually both music genres which are quite different.
Speaker 2: Okay, give me an example, please, Okay.
Speaker 3: EMO stands for emotional hardcore. That's the origin.
Speaker 2: That is the origin, yes, of Emo.
Speaker 3: Emotional HARDCOREK and that is punk rock and indie rock, whereas Scene is prep emo socialites.
Speaker 2: The more I read this, are you getting this from like a verified source? The website? What is that? Is this? Stitch together?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: I'll tell you so.
Speaker 3: Artists wise scene is three three.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, banger Jeffrey Star okay, yeah yeah, blood on the dance floor, yeah okay, whereas EMO is Thursday, Policy of three, the Hated.
Speaker 2: Do you know any of these? No, my Chemical Romance? Yeah okay, yeah, that makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 3: Tell me what year do you think each originated?
Speaker 2: Two thousand and seven for both? Yeah, even Emo? Sure, yeah incorrect.
Speaker 3: Emo began in nineteen eighty five, whereas Scene was a mid to late two thousands, which makes sense because in two thousand and seven I was definitely seen adjacent.
Speaker 2: What do you mean by that?
Speaker 3: I had a side fringe.
Speaker 2: Yep, It's a deep side fringe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, extremely deep, so beyond the end of my eyebrow, straight across the other side. And I think I definitely lived the scene lifestyle, did you.
Speaker 2: My entry into the Scene Hall of Fame would be year twelve formal. I wore a obviously deep side part shark toothed necklace that I got from a Museum of Morbidity's. I also a black lipstick. I wore huge demonia boots, huge, huge, huge mum vetoed the fish net, which I understand. Then this one shoulder mini skater dress to a year twelve formal heavy.
Speaker 1: None of you are doing it like me, flex and frooms.
Speaker 2: We all want to be successful, I think, so the way we do that m Some would say it varies from the scale of scamming to legitimacy.
Speaker 3: I think, are you a scammer?
Speaker 2: No? No Ah, I said no too quickly. I should have paused two three four No. Alas, here's the thing. Soldier Boy became the success he is from allegedly I don't want to need lawsuits allegedly tricking us into downloading his music via LimeWire. Here's how we did it. So, so those of you who weren't alive or old enough to understand what lime wire is or was, think before Spotify, before Apple Music, it was a highly illegal music downloading software. And how it worked is when you signed up to use the service, you had to give the platform access to one of your folders of music. What yeah, I don't remember that. That was a term of condition. So as you're signing up, you say which folder am I going to share? And like plug it into the cloud so everybody can access the music I have. That's how we shared the music. That's why it was illegal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, babe, okay, I understand it. Oh so like I could buy a CD and then put it into my limelife, yes, true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you see. Yeah genius. So his thing, what Soldier Boy would do is he recognized that every single week when the Billboard Top twenty would come out, people would race the LimeWire to figure out how to download you know, Rihanna Umbrella or for that boy thanks Maroon five exactly right, So they would run to LimeWire, type it in, and what Soldier Boy would do is he would assess the charts rename his song to be the name of the hit songs for that week. So when you downloaded your Beyonce or your Britney Spears or you Rihanna, you get a Soldier Boy track. And he did this so frequently and so amazingly that BEFO, before he knew it, millions of people were listening to his music.
Speaker 3: You know why it's so genius? Tell me it is giving drug dealer. Because when you're a drug dealer, okay, it might be ripping people off, huh, but the authorities cannot come after you because it's it's beyond the law. Like no one could be like, oh, my god, Soldier Boy, like I downloaded umbrella, but it was Soldier Boy. The police can't do anything because you were being wrong in the first place.
Speaker 2: Oh, I see what you're doing. Okay, So what Soldier Boy was doing is operating in like an unlawful arena anyway, that to expect morality is too much. And here's the thing. Do you not remember when you two? Was it you two? Mm hm, yep, easy easy. Let me let me get out the words that rooms and I don't need to share youtwo and Apple had this thing when they were launching like Apple Music or something where they had like installed you Two's latest album into our iTunes and we couldn't delete it. That it was issue.
Speaker 3: Bad album, Like I don't know a single hit from that album exactly.
Speaker 2: It's exactly what soldio Boy did. It's called growth hacking. So essentially, if you are somebody who wants to be successful, you need to find a way to scam people into using your service or listening to your music before they realize they're actually doing it. You could do the same thing on YouTube right now, Like let's say everybody's waiting for the latest Doja Cat video clip to come out you just steal a screenshot from one of those the pre launch music trailer things, rename it doja Cat, insert song here twenty twenty two, and just upload your music video. Will you get sued? I don't think so. Maybe copyright stracked, But it's worth it because look at Soldier Boy, a legend, the man, the myth. Nobody does like him and nobody will ever.
Speaker 1: This is flex and rooms on Keda.
Speaker 3: Two girl busses. I don't know if that term is still the thing.
Speaker 2: It's definitely not a term of endearment, and it's definitely I think with a certain demographic thirty five plus it definitely still is a term of endearment. Thirty five below, it's not. But I like that it's a little bit ironic. Yeah, and I don't use irony often. I think it's in.
Speaker 3: Post post ironic. I think around a certain audience it's ironic, which reminds me it's kind of like people on TikTok, which is quite a beautiful segue.
Speaker 2: No, I'm going to stop you there, because TikTok is not ironic. It's actually quite a sensible and progressive platform. But here's the thing I would say I learn about sixty percent of my general trivia from TikTok if not seventy five percent, partly due to the fact that I'm always on the app, but again no free press, so brick Brock, And secondly because a lot of the creators they have found a way to condense actually educational information into one minute, and that's effect. I've got a question for you, though, when's the last time you were on a plane?
Speaker 3: Last month?
Speaker 2: Where'd you go?
Speaker 3: Melbourne?
Speaker 2: Okay? Domestic? Not doing international lung halls. I was on wet CLA. I don't know. Oh, okay, she was on wet CLA those who don't know. But here's my thing. I'm someone who is not afraid of flying at all, but I am afraid of small heights. I think this is a good opportunity to let you know. So I won't do balance beams, not doing trampolines. No trampolines, no balance beams. But I will do flying. Love flying those views from the top of a really high building. Love that. But alas, here are my questions about flying though. How do planes fly? Does it make any sense? No idea? Where does the waste go? After you? Number one and two are they just holding it in a bucket in the bottom of the plane. Is it dropping down from the sky? We don't actually know. Uh. Number three, where are they cooking the food? It's already made, but where in a little that's so many meals? Where are they keeping it?
Speaker 4: Four?
Speaker 2: Where are the flight attendants actually sleeping? Because I know in theory it's like in the side carriage, but there's so many of them and so few places to sleep.
Speaker 3: We're definitely talking long haul now, right, Yeah, of course.
Speaker 2: Babe, always long haul. I've never called a domestic flight in my life. I'm a long haul babe. Two types of people long haul babes, domestic babes. And my last two very important questions, what happens when you go into active labor?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's always a doctor on hand, I feel but what.
Speaker 2: Am I just going to give birth? And this plane? I feel like they don't let people who are in their last trimester fly for that reason.
Speaker 3: I don't know that seems a bit discriminatory.
Speaker 2: It does, right, but alas, and my last most important question, what happens if somebody dies on a plane? And I'm not talking like a slasher, like a murder, I'm talking a gentle wow, quick caveat. Not when someone's like horrifically murdered, because we would hope that would never happen. But if it just so happened that you reach the end of your life midway to a different destination. I came across a TikTok, a brick brock. No free press that is going to explain exactly what happens.
Speaker 5: The thing that always kind of freaks me out is that we have to put them back in their seats, and we have to reclimb the seat a little bit and put like a blanket all up to their necks so we cannot cover their face.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, So if it's a full flight.
Speaker 5: And the person next to you as a heart attack and we can't move anyone, you have a dead person next.
Speaker 3: To you until we land Jesus, and you just have to make it look like they're sleeping.
Speaker 5: Yea, and we if someone says, is the person next to me dead? You have to see it app yourself.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's super weird. That reminds me of I don't know if you learned this in retail working in retail, but if somebody falls over in your shop, you're not allowed to apologize. You can acknowledge that it's happened, like wow, you fell, but you cannot say sorry because you admit responsibility or blame. Similarly, if there's a dead person next to me and I query, it appears so and not yes or no. It looks like they're dead. Yeah, but I don't know. They might not be.
Speaker 3: I don't believe that. Is this coming from a pilot.
Speaker 2: Well, it's coming from a flight attendant, and I'm sure they have the same rules and regulations.
Speaker 3: I've never seen that.
Speaker 2: Well, you don't actually know because you probably thought they were sleeping. And that reminds me of you know, when you're on a window or an alec and you have that middle seat person who's like neck is rolling around all wild because they're sleeping and really relaxed. Yeah, they're not sleeping, bab give.
Speaker 3: Me the look.
Speaker 2: I was thinking. If somebody's next to me and they've carcked it, when am I going to start smelling it? When is it going to start disrupting my experience? I paid for these tickets. You know what I'm saying. You'll be happy to know putrifaction.
Speaker 3: Oh I hate it.
Speaker 2: Is the third stage of decomposition. That's like, yeah, you donation. So this is what happens when you've cacked it, and it takes four to ten days for you to start stinking. Really, So that's why I do believe that if someone has left us while mid haall flight, I'm never gonna know because I won't smell it. And to be fair, what can you actually smell on a plane? Because people fart constantly smell?
Speaker 5: Do you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I know they try to suck them out of the plane, but I think it's my noise sucking to me, my bloody body.
Speaker 2: I must stop you there, I stop you there.
Speaker 1: This is flex and fruit.
Speaker 2: Flex and frooms where gas comes to thrives, calling or reflux hotties, people about issues, ibs, qts. This is where you need to be representation matters.
Speaker 3: Oh, I laugh at that. You know what flex? Have you ever heard about replacement theory? No, it's a conspiracy theory. I love that, which makes me think you would have heard of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean if we go into it, I have no doubt that you know, I've scratched the surface of it. Can I guess what it's about? Clones? Yep? And hm, I'm happy for you to keep going well.
Speaker 3: Replacement theory conspiracy theory is about the idea that famous people have died and there are feelings pretending to be them. The most famous example of this is actually referenced here on my arms because it's Avril Levine.
Speaker 2: Oh you see and Melissa Avril and Melissa.
Speaker 3: Yes, so you knew about this?
Speaker 2: Can you explain why you always surprise one thing about me? Let it be known. I'm learned, not well researched, but the general trivia ten points always. So, from what I understand about replacement theory is that ages ago, maybe ten years or so, Avril Levine passed.
Speaker 3: It was actually twenty years ago.
Speaker 2: Twenty who knows how. That's second to the fact that instead of cutting into the record labels revenue, they just decided to replace her with someone else. How they did that, I'm not sure is it actually clones or using real people and giving them, you know, reconstructuring, reconstructive surgery.
Speaker 3: It's real people in this instance, a woman called Melissa.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, that's why that's Melissa is.
Speaker 3: So basically I mean, we saw her at the Grammys last week, did we, Yeah, she was there, And it's interesting to me because almost all of these replacement theory conspiracy theories are women. Who else President Trump's Millennia Trump, Millennia Millennia Trump. And the other one was, Oh, I just think it was Millennia, which I actually fudge you with that. I think that one's true.
Speaker 2: You think she's been replaced.
Speaker 3: Yeah, imagine being her. You'd be like, Oh, I didn't sign up for.
Speaker 2: This life Millennia replacement theory. It's not coming up in Google. Oh wait, no, there's a whole Wikipedia. Here's the thing. Tinfoil hat goes on, vibes are up. Why wouldn't this be true? I think if I was somebody who had a vested interest in this celebrity making me my money back, if something were to happen with that couldn't happen, and somebody was offering to be a replacement, why wouldn't they do that. I think that there are more pros than cons Number one, the person with the vested interest, the beneficiary, gets their coins. Number two, the artist's legacy lives on in life. Number three, really great coming actor gets the break of a lifetime. You get to bypass all that entry level stuff and go straight to the top of the ladder with someone with a whole discography, a whole IMDb.
Speaker 3: Look, I just believe that replacing theory isn't real.
Speaker 2: Well you think it's not real?
Speaker 3: No what, I brought it to the table because I knew you would think it would be real.
Speaker 2: I just set it up that way. That is wild.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Flex and Frooms on Kada.
Speaker 3: Dear Flex and frims dot. I'm from Scandinavia, but I've been living in Australia for about ten years.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 3: I met my girlfriend five years ago and I proposed to her last week.
Speaker 2: Oh congrats.
Speaker 3: Then this is where a problem has arisen. Oh she feels like I'm a bit cheap with the engagement ring. I bought her one that costs four hundred and fifty dollars. Yeah, we're grea missing at that. I'm well aware of the campaign jewelry stores.
Speaker 2: The propaganda call it what it propaganda.
Speaker 3: In the fifties that basically said an engagement ring should be two or three times your monthly salary. I'm all four when in Rome, But in this case, I don't agree with it at all, and I'm quite frankly downright stupid if I do that, and it's a huge waste of money that can be spent on other things like the wedding or a trip on our honeymoon. Selfish, she thinks I'm cheap and makes snarky remarks. Since then, if we're eating out, for example, she'll say, are you sure you don't want to buy beer brand instead? It's cheaper and the money can be used on better things. Oooh, And it's not like I'm like Australia bad, my country good in other areas. It's just this particular area I find stupid because I'm against the more expensive equals better mindset. What can I do to solve this?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think in this instance two things can be true. It can be a ridiculous concept, but unfortunately this ridiculous concept is really important to the person you want to marry, and the fact that you didn't know that before you propose to them is very interesting. Did you bring a proposal on this person not consider what they might want as their dream proposal? And now you're punishing this person for having different interests or wants a need for this really like celebratory moment because.
Speaker 3: It sounds like he can't afford it. He's just not liking the idea of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he cannot like the idea of it. He's disrespecting the fact that she wants it. I think the fact that he's unwilling to like, he keeps taking the bait. It's clearly irritating her more than he wants to believe. And I think he's talking it down to like it's a silly custom because I'm from here and you're from there, and it's like, no, this is interpersonal and it's about your dynamic. Now. If you're nip it in the bud, you act to be a single person.
Speaker 3: We don't want to be single. They've been together for five years. That's kind of like a lot to throw down the drain.
Speaker 2: So here's the thing. It's five years that's culminated in this little moment. And while it doesn't need to be too or three months salary because I could be like twenty thirty k for someone, it's a lot of money. Clearly four p fifty isn't enough. It's not enough, So let's find the middle ground. Both of them need to compromise. She's not getting a two to three month salary and the four fifty is not good enough. Let that be a little costume, costume, jewelry moment, you know, have put it on, enjoy it, but like let her enjoy. That's the one thing that's gonna get me is this is hard. She's gonna remember her engagement, bickering about you know, money, when you're at restaurants, when you're trying to vibe, it's not a good vibe. Someone needs to be quote unquote the bigger person, and it's going to be this person who's emailed us. Statistically, in heterosexual relationships, marriage is best statistically for the man. So SIS will be doing herself a service if she decides to break up with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, keep the top of your mind.
Speaker 2: Keep that in mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah a threat.
Speaker 1: Listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast For more, Tune in to Kater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.