Speaker 1: The Flex and Rooms Daily podcast brought.
Speaker 2: Cushion to everyone anyone before we start, Ready, is a recession gonna happen? Or are we in a recession?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: These are important and depressing questions. But today we're gonna try and make it a bit lighter and a bit funner and tell you about some things that you might notice that could indicate that a recession is either coming or we are within it. Yeah, Flex, you brought this one. It's very exciting, but we didn't really get to the very bottom of it. So I think we're gonna have to do another podcast at it.
Speaker 4: Don't do so many like as the news changes and we get more information, we'll have to do so many things change every week. The petrol was two dollars thirty three. Now it's going back to one, and it's going back up. It's got back up. Who did we pay to get at that price? I'm not sure?
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: Okay, scary, but it's good to remain educated.
Speaker 2: This is true. Let's get it.
Speaker 1: Fleck and Frooms.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen.
Speaker 4: So when I was doing some googling the other day, I don't know how I got there, But that's neither here nor that it's not integral to the story. I came across a bit of content that told me that Sprite had done a rebrand, and I think it's because on TikTok somebody was doing a graphic design review of the rebrand from like a branding lens, and I was like cool, And then my FBI agent in my phone was like, you're gonna love more of this content when you serve it to you anyway, talking about plastic bottles in landfill.
Speaker 3: Nice, all this, Yeah, plastic bottles in landfill.
Speaker 4: And the real reason behind the Sprite rebrand is not for marketing or consumer psychology or to look pretty. It's allegedly because in a sea of landfill, it's very easy to see which bottles are Sprite bottles because they were bright green. So once you know, the coke labels have been like, you know, decomposed off the bottle, and you know, once the lemonade bottles and the Mount Franklin bottles labels have decomposed, they're just plastic bottles. And once you've been crushed up, you're like, they're clear. You can't really see what brand it once was, but that's Sprite green something about it. No, Yeah, because the new Sprite bottles are clear plastic with a green label.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm holding a sprite right here. It's a can.
Speaker 4: However, Yes, but what else is green in a can? Guinness VB. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: The only other green thing that I can think of is Mountain Jew. But I don't think I can think of any other green bottles.
Speaker 3: I can't either.
Speaker 2: That's a shame because I like drinking sprites. It's a shame I no environment, because there's no other drink that comes in a green thing besides Mountain Jew. But I don't even consider that to be a drink. That's like stuff that you'd see on the Simpsons when they get those mega sugar slashes. But it's a shaming. I like the drinking experience of drinking a spie out of something that's green. If it's clear, I'm like, it just looks like water. It's like making me sick. It reminds me of like, you know, what are those things called electrolytes? Reminds you of a drink of electrolytes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like little little sports.
Speaker 2: Drink any sprites?
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: I love learning about you because honestly, you were written by someone a group of a group of quirky girls, a group of supervising for the global conglomerate doing a rebrand.
Speaker 2: Year ten drama studts. Yes, this is not okay, flex And you do remember high school?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: From what I gather, Yeah, I kind of remember. My friends will mention names and experiences and I'm like clocked out. I have three core memories.
Speaker 2: That's it. Well, I'll ask you to divulge them later on the show. But now read this story in Sydney Morning Herald.
Speaker 3: Your favorite.
Speaker 2: Repairing my story last week Sydney High School has banned mobile phones and plot twist. It had dramatic results positive. Let me let me tell you.
Speaker 4: I didn't say it's a Doug act, but if it worked out, then I take it back.
Speaker 2: There's a school called Davidson High School and they recently banned kids year seven to ten from using the mobile phones at school. So essentially, when they come through the come through the door, they're giving these pouches so they have to put their phone in.
Speaker 4: Like comedy gigs, so they do that. Yeah, I'm sure they do it other gigs as well, but I've had it. I've experienced it at a comedy gig.
Speaker 2: I feel so the comedy gigs is the one where you should have your phone. I'm not sure comedians need pre press.
Speaker 4: I think it's the ones that turn into specials that they don't want anyone.
Speaker 2: To leak sax fack sax facts, so they give they give the shoulds, these little tiny pouches that look, oh, there's just.
Speaker 4: Like near pren scuba diving material pouch with a lock on it, so it's in there. It's like sealed tight and it's waterproof and water resistant and cushion it to your phone is safe, best environment.
Speaker 3: So you're starting to have some vake time.
Speaker 2: Oh little cocoon, Yeah, like a bebet. Apparently classrooms, the principle says classrooms have effectively become phone free and this is allowed staff to focus on educating students, which makes a lot of sense. Also, in the eight weeks of the policy, there's been a ninety percent reduction in behavioral issues related to phones in schools.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, because there are no phones.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, you're not.
Speaker 3: Then what's the ten percent?
Speaker 2: I think like an offshoot of having your phone means that apparently you talk less like play lunch and.
Speaker 3: Lunch you talk less at lunch if you.
Speaker 2: Have phones, if you're playing on your phone. Yeah, So therefore, like them not having phones, it means they have to interact more, which decreases the use of like the it reduces the instance.
Speaker 4: Of I would love to a do social behavior. What these behavioral issues are?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Is it cyber bullying? Is it?
Speaker 2: I think it's cyberbullying and like contributing to conflict between the students, which sounds like it would be cyber bullying. Yeah, and it's just gotta be thinking. I remember in school, I swear we had iPhones and stuff, but I remember not being able to use them in class and it wasn't like we'd go on break lunch time and people would be like playing on their phones in a way that was antisocial. Do you remember that.
Speaker 4: I don't think I had an iPhone in school. I remember having a three flip phone in year ten. That feels like very Maybe an iPhone three.
Speaker 2: Yes, side iPhone three?
Speaker 3: Maybe that was like you you're twelve, but maybe you.
Speaker 2: Remember did we have like the Facebook app on them? No? Did we anybody remember?
Speaker 3: We want you?
Speaker 4: Maybe that Facebook app? But I don't think all your friends were at school. We need a Facebook app for we're taking photos and listening to music.
Speaker 3: That was a big one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, fat it was the iPod and the music and the headphones in they're like put your headphones away, like, oh, just one in.
Speaker 2: Then they're just emo kids often with they just funny and the leave my community out of it. So I wonder if this will be an uptake. I just can't imagine like having TikTok that's designed to make you obsessed with your phone. I don't know how I would have on in high school if I had TikTok.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I definitely think there would need to be a withdrawal period, you know, like I can see like short term positive impacts where it's like, Okay, we have nothing else to focus on butt class, so we'll apply ourselves.
Speaker 3: Then the withdrawal of being like.
Speaker 4: We've got nothing else to focus on butt class, so we're not going to do it at all. I also think that if we're living in an environment that's increasingly tech centered, then we should be learning how to integrate tech in a healthier way, not just taking it away and assuming that when you bring it back the behavior is going to change.
Speaker 2: That's a great point. Yeah, it's a really great point.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Nothing else say on that. Are you pro or like, let's finish it off? You pro or against mobile phones in class? Just we No, we stand against tough crowd.
Speaker 2: There's plenty of other time to integrate technology with your life, but it gets you to the real world. Reboss ses you doodling on Facebook and reprimands you okay.
Speaker 1: Trauma, this is flex and frooms on Cada.
Speaker 4: We are potentially in a recession. The Internet can't really be sure, and I like to be prepared. And I think my all of my feeds Instagram, Facebook, whatever, know that because that is all my feed is. I thought a weird indication that we were going to be in a recession was when like the letters started getting really expensive and petrol started getting really expensive, and I was like, is this a thing that just happened. No, it's not. It could be leading us to a very very specific outcome.
Speaker 3: But we're not fear mongers. We like to observe and gather data. I like that.
Speaker 4: I like to perpetuate myths, well, research myths, though I always have the facts someway here. All right, listen to this though, Yeah.
Speaker 2: What's a weird recession? Indicator, the hemline index, so the idea that your skirts get shorter when the economy is doing well and longer when it's not. That's also weird recession indicator. There are men's underwear and decks that says that men will put offline underwear when things give the lipstick. So basically, historically women would treat themselves to the little trees like lipstay.
Speaker 3: During economic card times.
Speaker 2: Scarlett, Yeah, what's a weird recession indicator?
Speaker 3: I like the cardboard box.
Speaker 2: Indicator because it's a measurement of an electric.
Speaker 4: Shift items to ourselves Amazon for instance, but also a measurement of manufacturing activity. So if there's gonna be a drop off in demand like during a recesion, and then you're gonna see a drop off and we see cardboard boxes like this one.
Speaker 1: Kja, what's up?
Speaker 2: What's a weird recession indicator? Has anyone talked about diapers yet?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 5: This diaper change theory is the idea that during economic card times, parents change diapers less frequently.
Speaker 2: Sonny, what's a weird recession indicator? Since the eighties, that's been a pattern that champagne sales pop drop through cart wives.
Speaker 4: That first one how about there are so many like how can the dot like looking at daughter and retrospect tells you all of these things. And I feel like, without knowing there's a recession, if for some reason, people just started buying lips, if you're like, Okay, that's cool, like lipsticks a pop. The fact that they can tie it back to the recession, And when I say they, am like who are they? The economists of the world? I know, but that to me, I'm like whoa number one? The lipstick effect. The idea that you will treat yourself to little luxuries when times get tough, yes or no.
Speaker 2: For me, I personally wouldn't do it, but I know the research. I've heard that before.
Speaker 4: You're good with spending though, right yeah, you just said food is a big thing you've been spending your money on. But that's not recession related, right, No, that's like a lifestyle thing.
Speaker 2: It's a lifestyle choice. That's the one thing I'll that's a hell I'll die on, so to speak. In terms of what I buy good quality food, yes, but I definitely see. I feel like if you're in a situation like I don't have a family, so therefore, like I'm not in the hum.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Olivia and see.
Speaker 2: No, like I don't have a family that I have to support. I think if I had a family that I had to support, and I can't see any way out in the foreseeable future, and I don't know how long the recession is going to go, I'm probably gonna buy a lipstick as a little luxury because I working night and day to keep my family supported. In any way, how long was the last recession two thousand and eight, two thousand and seven to two thousand and eight, it was like a year?
Speaker 3: Is that a long time for recession?
Speaker 2: Well, then you got like the Great Depression, But I don't know if that was a depression or a recession. That's a difference. And that was in the twenties, Yeah, and there was one in the eighties it was like a quick crash, but or nineties. Yeah, but the big ones are two thousand and eight for US. Yeah, a lot of people got divorced.
Speaker 3: Yeah, worldwide or in Australia.
Speaker 2: Worldwide, well wherever it was impact in the markets.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So you know how they were talking about the lipstick effect, right, I feel like that makes a lot of sense. Pre internet shopping because buying little luxuries would have been way more intentional when you had to physically leave your house, go to a department store commit to a purchase. But now I'll buy things like muscle memory. Yeah, I'll see it, think it, buy it, And I don't. It doesn't feel like an expense or doesn't feel like an intentional purchase. Therefore, I don't think that that like sales have spike so much for us to recognize that in today's shopping economy, Yeah, people are buying things all the time.
Speaker 2: I really want to buy this sparkly water bottle. Oh, it's got gems all over it. It's incredible. It's like a Swarewski crystal line. Yeah, yeah from where? It's one hundred dollars?
Speaker 3: Where's it from?
Speaker 2: I'll have to get the brand? Can I see visual? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Why do you want to buy it?
Speaker 2: Because it's absolutely stunning. But I don't know if I can facilitate spend one hundred dollars in water bottle feels very antithetic to what I like spend money on.
Speaker 3: But I'll find I support you, I'll find it.
Speaker 4: For you, because who, when, when could you ever justify buying a sparkly water bottle.
Speaker 3: That's one hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: So now now it's the perfect time, right, yeah, I guess. So is it gonna make more sense next week? Probably not.
Speaker 2: I think it'd make more sense when I hit some other financial goals, like as a trait, I struggle to buy things that aren't like something that I can wear every day like that, and as well, the water walls is a treating mine because I'm ProAb lose it.
Speaker 3: No way, actually no, I take it right.
Speaker 2: You probably will let your experience or Okay, here's a solution though.
Speaker 3: Chuck an air tag on your water bottle. It's good to go.
Speaker 2: How do you get an AirTag?
Speaker 3: That's what it's called, right, an AirTag? Apple send.
Speaker 4: Apple sells these little key chains with trackers in them, and you can get them and put it in your bag, in your car, in your suitcase so you can always track the item.
Speaker 2: Wow, you haven't heard of that. No, I'm going to get that before I go to Europe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you definitely need that before you go to Europe, babe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, damn.
Speaker 3: Okay, and it's actually so good.
Speaker 4: I have one in my suitcase and when I leave it like I walk away from my suitcase I leave the house, it'll tell me, like, you left your suitcase back at the property constant alerts.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: It's pretty good.
Speaker 4: But also air tags are sus though, because they've been used a lot in trafficking, but trafficking people, Yeah, babe, damn.
Speaker 3: Everything's connected. Okay.
Speaker 4: The other one that I like a lot is the cardboard box theory. The idea that you know that people are spending less because people are purchasing less cardboard boxes or boxes generally to package the stuff that they're buying.
Speaker 2: That makes total sense. I thought you're gonna say, it's like like people aren't using cardboard boxes to like move house.
Speaker 3: Oh do you know what I did that twice?
Speaker 4: I used a reusable plastic tub moving company to move houses. And while you think it's a really efficient process, it's just not like structurally that shape that.
Speaker 3: What do you call this?
Speaker 4: It's like a rope, like a trapeze kind of a tub. You get it to a tub shape, it's not it's not the best thing to put stuff in because it's not shallow, it's not deep enough, and it's not malleable.
Speaker 3: You can kind of squeeze a.
Speaker 4: Cardboard box into it, and it's expensive, so I get it works for the environment. But then I'm like, someone's manufacturing plastic boxes so I can keep using them.
Speaker 3: Is that really good for the environment. It's just like not as bad?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is that making sense?
Speaker 3: I don't know, have you. We've got the bottle.
Speaker 2: I'm getting up right now. I'm nearly there, nearly nearly there, nearly there end clothing is where I found it.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, okay, okay, oh my god, I'm going to do a quiz for you, so you know whether or not you should get this bottle. Okay, Okay, this is good, This is good. This is how you know you should buy something.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's this. I want that one?
Speaker 4: You want the Star one? Okay, I've seen the Star bottle. It's exactly as for me described one hundred and eight dollars, probably more because I think that's a US dollar site.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, yeah, it is true.
Speaker 3: That's a shame. Okay.
Speaker 4: First question to see whether or not you should buy the bottle. This is a recession proofing your life. Okay, hypothetically, with what's sitting in your account now, could you afford to buy the bottle?
Speaker 3: Twice?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: If yes, then you should get the bottle number two. Do you imagine because for example, let's say I wanted to buy myself a new I can't afford to buy the.
Speaker 3: Car twice, So don't worry about it.
Speaker 4: I'm you're gonna be too negatively impacted by the burden of that car, because if you can't afford to buy it twice, then buying it once you probably haven't considered what about the maintenance, the petrol, the car washing, and all the other considerations the tolls with buying the car. So if you can afford to buy it twice, that means you have a buffer of all the other expenses that could crop up with owning the new item.
Speaker 2: Got that from You got to spend money to get money.
Speaker 4: Sometimes, but you know this is a frivolous purchase. You're not starting a business with the bottle. So it's just like, with that in mind, you can buy two of them. Buy the bottle the second thing. Could you use the bottle enough times that the cost per wear is so low daily that it wouldn't impact your lifestyle. For example, let's say the bottles one hundred Australian dollars. Let's say you use the bottle one hundred times, that would cost you a dollar every time you use the bottle?
Speaker 3: Can you afford that?
Speaker 2: That seems crazy to me?
Speaker 3: Then could you use the bottle two hundred times? Pay fifty cents every time?
Speaker 2: Putting that dollar? Because I just like I'll buy a like night. I don't know if it's like an accessory.
Speaker 4: Yes, but let's say with an accessory you've bought. Likely, say you buy a new ring, right, how many times would you wear that ring for that cost per word to be of value to you?
Speaker 2: True?
Speaker 4: If you couldn't afford to use the bottle for five dollars every time you used it, then you probably don't want it that much.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think if you're unsure, then well, can we do more of these on our next podcast?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: We can think there's more.
Speaker 3: I think recession is very appropriate. It's apocalypse prepping. Did you really think about it?
Speaker 1: I really think about it.
Speaker 4: Everything comes back to the apocalypse and I don't want to hear it, but I want to say it.
Speaker 1: This is flex and frooms.
Speaker 2: On the other day, I was at a gig for confidence men and one three hundred and a woman called Big Weight. Now that is a lineup at Australia that is a loyalty of disco dance rave kind of vibes not rave. It'll actually yeah disco dwance rave.
Speaker 3: I wasn't say anything.
Speaker 2: There is like boom boomleg house.
Speaker 4: How's that there's boom boom?
Speaker 3: Get me out of here.
Speaker 2: So the opener actor is a woman called big Wet. She's a new artist out of Melbourne. Her music is like electronic house. We had a chat backstage. I don't know how we got here, but she was turning thirty one the day after the concert and I said to her, what do you mean you're thirty one? She's like, I know, I look like I'm twenty one and full powder. I'm going to play you a little voice note that I got from her explaining why she looks twenty one when she's in fact a decade older. What's her experience with gasher and just generally looking young.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't use a gusher, but I just use my fingers. And if you use like a like a hemp oil, and you go from out to in intowards the bridge of your nose and then you just like push it up and out.
Speaker 3: I do that.
Speaker 6: Maybe like fifteen times a day when you're like watching TV.
Speaker 2: Wow. No, but it feels really good, and she goes on to do it to somebody in the vicinity of our conversation. Now, I really can't stress enough how young this person looks. And it's all from doing bootleg face massages fifteen times a day.
Speaker 4: So you're saying that upon doing research of gwasher, which is using a almost like marble sculpted tool to do a facial massage. It works with lymphatic drainage. You didn't believe a seven hundred year old ancient Chinese practice, but you met a girl backstate at a gig who convinced you that it was real, and now you believe it's real.
Speaker 2: No, I don't believe it's realized. Just I was just getting some canvassing. I'm canvassing the enemies. No, I just think it's incredible. I don't know if it was Jean's or the actual facial massaging, but seeing someone in the flesh that I personally believe looks way younger than the actual age was very shooking. But also she's got a very young personality, which I think if you want a natural like youth looking face. You need to act young, m fun and like fiby, don't you reckon?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I guess so yeah, because you assume yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: When you would ask big Wet how she keeps looking so young and she said, oh, I do this facial massage, you would sooner believe it's the facial massage and not just genetics. When we talked about Guasher last time, you were like, this is quack science. There is no way to which I said. It's a seven hundre year old practice. Even if it doesn't work as we think it does, there's enough data here to say that, you know, a practice this old and ancient mustn't be false.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's not true.
Speaker 4: Maybe our understanding of it must be a bit confused, because like what you assumed it did might not be what you thought it did.
Speaker 2: Well. I didn't say I believe what she said. I just said it's cool to meet someone who believes in the technique so much that she would attribute her young skin to that. I thought it was an interesting believe Again, I'm against Gwasher, Yes, I'm against Okay, we put it this way. I'm against the western co op of Gwasha Okay as something that changes your face. That is the Western interpretation of Guasha. What that is like, I don't know if that really with her, but also slave she believes it worked because she does look really young. But when you talk more about Gwasha, we're gonna get someone in a little bit m who is an expert in dermatology gem dotor.
Speaker 3: Look, a thing that's come.
Speaker 2: Up a lot in the last few records, is better not I actually fact check things. And you know what, I'm gonna prove you all wrong. When we get dorm doctrine. They're going to completely agree with me and y'all are gonna eat your words.
Speaker 4: Well, in that case, we'll wait till the germ doctor comes. But again, I feel as though I'm less likely to believe one person saying one thing than the history of an ancient culture. I just feel like I just want to one person is not going to convince me that this thing that I don't even use is not real.
Speaker 3: I just need more evidence that it's just not working.
Speaker 4: I don't believe it does work, but I think to say it does not work, I'm ane some evidence.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get that with the with the germ doctor.
Speaker 1: You're listening to flex and frooms on Kada.
Speaker 4: What lengths would you go to to just prove something that you do not believe? I know, through me doesn't believe in aliens, and to disprove that theory, what did you do?
Speaker 2: Brought a random story of an alien?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Random? First head account for it.
Speaker 2: Den Stoner, subsequently roasted by the alien believing community, really got out their bonnet when I just thought it was a little bit fun.
Speaker 3: It was a bit of fun.
Speaker 2: I don't know much skin in the game.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm not an alien myself. I don't know anyone who's an alien, so I don't feel the need to stand up for them.
Speaker 4: That's what an alien would say, what an alien would say. I don't know your community very well. So this guy on the internet who doesn't believe that witches are real, which is a pretty you know, common belief, but he's gone so far as to request for a witch to hex him so he can prove once and for all that you know he's right and the rest of the world is wrong. Well, bold, listen to this.
Speaker 5: I caught out all the witches on tik tigers Frogs in a previous video, and one of them responded to me and challenged me, saying, you could hext me, and this witch claims that I have to do is sender a photo of me, some of my hair, some of my nails, and a shirt of mine.
Speaker 1: And last they want the FedEx Sunday the stuff.
Speaker 5: Which should She challenge me, saying that she did like me, So I don't believe her, so I'm setting her on my stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh I get wait, I can't wait. I want all the smoke. It works. Well, we're gonna find out.
Speaker 5: She'll receive the package on Wednesday, and according to her, I should get very sick and ill the next few weeks, so lake can follow to see if I survive.
Speaker 2: What's happened?
Speaker 3: Since not the like can follow to see if I survive?
Speaker 4: He still came out his engagement he could die. So this was only uploaded a couple of days ago. I wanted to share it now so I could follow and track him. This better not be some kind of like spike for followers, because he's got me.
Speaker 3: I want to know.
Speaker 4: I think what will happen is it doesn't matter if it's real or not real. If he gets sick, he could easily say, well, you know things are going around blah blah blah. I think he could justify this anyway, but I want to see what happens once the witch gets his goods. Will she document the cursing?
Speaker 3: You know, we'll.
Speaker 2: I love this. I love that he's perpetuating half truths or uncovering things that aren't true.
Speaker 4: I like the length that he's going to do it. But for his sake, I wish he could just do some googles or just not. There are other things too, because.
Speaker 3: What if he's wrong and they are real? Yeah? What if he's wrong.
Speaker 4: He hasn't prepared himself for that reality, and I'm gonna be cursed and you know, have his world chatted.
Speaker 3: Just enjoy yourself, King, don't.
Speaker 2: Worry about it, Samuel Lane.
Speaker 3: Let's say that's exactly right.
Speaker 4: So if for some reason you want to follow in this guy's footsteps, I personally do not recommend, but if you are going to do it, please document and send us a voice memo.
Speaker 2: We don't really I personally don't blame the dark arts. My family are big fans of seances.
Speaker 3: You've got to tell us about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will, I will in a few days. In a few days from it, Okay, emotional process.
Speaker 3: You you joined, you know, I just.
Speaker 2: Heard stories about it. Okay, sounds very crazy, fleck And I was tiddling tildeling on the Guardian this morning. Guardian app as.
Speaker 3: You do app? Yeah, wow, you're going.
Speaker 2: To get around the news site apps. It's such a better user experience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I gotta do that. I would never use it or not, I would never, but I have never used a new side app.
Speaker 2: Well, they're great because then you can put notifications on, so I get little notifications whenever anything happens dropping news and then I can therefore like make memes about It's really great. Found the story in the Guardian. It was published last week and the title is mystery Man dubbed the Gentleman found in north Sea may have spent most of his life in Australia, so essentially a while ago, decades ago. Actually this man washed up in the North Sea, which is in the north of the world, and they couldn't.
Speaker 4: Work out like north up above Australia further up, like we're talking Greenland.
Speaker 2: Further we're talking German. Okay, Germany area. This random man washes up, Nobody knows who he is, nobody knows where he's from But recently there's been a breakthrough using this technology. What they've done is with the body.
Speaker 3: Wait, why were they looking for him? Don't buddies just wash up?
Speaker 2: I think because it was like they had no idea who he was, and he washed up with cast iron cobbler's feet, you know when they put like your feet in concrete.
Speaker 1: Whoa.
Speaker 2: So it was a hit. So it was like an unresolved murder.
Speaker 3: Oh and he start with that. Why am I rasing for this information?
Speaker 2: I'm keeping on a cliffhanger. My stories don't always work out chronologically. But essentially, this guy was dubbed the Gentleman by investigators in nineteen ninety four after his body was found by police, and they called him the Gentleman because of his smart clothing. He had a wool tie, British made shoes, French Maide trousers and long sleeve dress shirt. So they've run some new tests very recently and they've found out that he must have spent most of his life in Australia. He's forty to forty five years old. And they figured it out because now there is a new isotope ratio analysis. I don't know what that is. It. It's some sort of scientific test that shows you differences in climate, soil and human activity across the globe which are reflective of food, water, and dust that would have shown up in his human tissue.
Speaker 3: WHOA.
Speaker 2: Which is incredible technology because now you can actually trace people back from where they've been. They still don't know who he is, but they've also been able to get use a DNA profile on the man, and now they're going to cross their check them from the missing person's data that they have because currently or two weeks ago, it was missing person's week.
Speaker 4: So you're telling me that they still don't know why we dream but this random man who washed that is taking up all the resources. I don't I don't understand why they're still looking at him. Let him rest.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, it must be some sort of mystery. Obviously the police or scientists have some sort of vested interest. Maybe he was an acos fi.
Speaker 3: I see, I think.
Speaker 2: So as as Io Asio Azio Asio, an Azio agent. So if you know, the gentleman hit us up. Poor man's led to rest in nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 4: Yeah, give us the goss. I need to understand what I'm not understanding because I feel like there's some juicy here and it's going over my head and I want to be through it. I don't want to be under it. You understand me.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast. For more, Tune in Decata on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.