Speaker 1: Hihart podcasts, Heem More Kiss podcast playlist and listen live on the Free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: Laura, you've been through some breakups in your time, mate, Haven't I ever more than anyone I know actually settled down?
Speaker 3: No, but you that's not a bad thing. You dated a lot. Yeah, I kissed a lot of frogs to find my prince.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Do you don't have to be defensive about That's not a bad thing.
Speaker 3: I couldn't get a boyfriend. That was my problem. Some of them are nice and were nice.
Speaker 1: Some of them were absolutely horrible and useless turds.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, in any of those breakups, did they ever ask for anything back? Like, you know, when you split up, you might've lived together. Whatever you break up, did you ever ask them for anything back? Or did they have ask you for anything back?
Speaker 1: I was always the person that walked away from the relationship and didn't want anything from it. So, like I remember, I broke up with one of I did the breaking up as well, so I think I felt a bit guilty. We've been together for a few years, we had furniture together, we lived together, and I remember when I broke up with him, I was like, do you know what you keep everything, take nothing because.
Speaker 3: I felt so guilty.
Speaker 1: However, I did go through one breakup and I took his credit card details and I may have taken some money, but that's because he owed me money.
Speaker 3: And there's a big backstory to that one. And I think I would have won if it had gone to court. I think it'll be fun. You would not take him to court. Ten years statute limitations, whatever it's called. You can't see me now, haha. That also doesn't exist.
Speaker 2: Laura's on so many criminal things and she just goes to spend ten years.
Speaker 3: No, Okay.
Speaker 1: The backstory to this is this dude he crashed my car. We've been together for quite a few years. Because we were together, I was like, don't worry about paying anything. I'll just pay it. And then two weeks later I found out he was cheating on me. So I was like, you can pay for my car, and he refused to, so I just adducted it from his credit card through my business.
Speaker 3: The end.
Speaker 2: Well, the reason I ask is, I mean, that's pretty bad, but I think this is worse. This happened back in two thousand and six, but it's making the rounds again, so it's like, it's quite an old story, but there's this couple in the US that were married for a really long time and the wife unfortunately got really sick. She needed kidney transplants, both kidneys, and she did the transplants and they didn't work and devastating.
Speaker 3: It was devastating.
Speaker 2: But their marriage was like really under stress because of the pressure of that, and he was looking after her and she was unwell and whatever else. So the husband donated his kidney to his wife to literally save her life and save the marriage, and amazingly it worked. Fast forward a little bit and he finds out that she's been cheating on him, so he gave up a kidney and she had been cheating.
Speaker 3: Oh so then it was rough. Yeah, so in the divorce, didn't want anything else.
Speaker 1: He asked for the kidney back because you know, no, that's that seems wildly unethical.
Speaker 3: You know that's going to kill her.
Speaker 1: I understand that cheating does make you feel a bit different about people, Like I wanted my money after I found out my ex was cheating on me, But if I'd given him a kidney, I don't want death.
Speaker 3: Well, especially because she only had one. Only one works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you come back, did this go through court? Like, no one, no normal human is going to look at that situation and be like, yep, cheating divorce. I guess you should die for that.
Speaker 3: Give an organ? So what?
Speaker 2: He obviously knew that no one was going to award him a kidney, so he said, either you give me the kidney or the value of the kidney, and he put the value at one point five million US dollars, which I don't even know how where you pull that from, but interestingly, or actually probably pretty obviously, the court ruled that any organ may not be exchanged for value, but.
Speaker 3: Also putting real tickets on yourself. If you think one.
Speaker 1: Kidney's one point five million, how much do you think your total self is worth?
Speaker 3: How do he break it down organ by organ.
Speaker 1: And put an individual pick the number from. Yeah, I think if you're going to give your organs to someone, it has to be an ultruistic gift that knowing that even if the relationship breaks down or whatever happens there, you've done it because at.
Speaker 3: One time you cared about them.
Speaker 1: But it is a bit rich to take a kidney and also be having an affair at the same time, Like that's pretty bad.
Speaker 3: It wasn't simultaneous. She gave it eighteen months and then she had the affair.
Speaker 2: She got better and then she felt well enough front affair. Hey, we've got to live on the phone. Hey live What did your ex ask for back?
Speaker 4: My ex asked for a bottle of oyster sauce that I threw out when we were moving out, and then when I wouldn't give it back to him, he asked me to transfer seven dollars to cover it.
Speaker 3: No brand was so attached to it.
Speaker 4: Really running the mill, like I don't know I am or whatever and probably can't say brand names, but yeah, literally just running the mill oyster sauce.
Speaker 3: Hang on.
Speaker 2: To be clear, he asked for nothing else, none of the furniture, the white goods, nothing like sentimental.
Speaker 3: He just wanted the oyster sauce.
Speaker 4: Well, to be fair, he did actually want something else back. He also asked for his packet of Stato sticks.
Speaker 3: He's got a problem. Do you know what the screams to me of.
Speaker 1: You know, when someone will just find any excuse to try and reach out and get back in touch with their ex, like he's lost the plot.
Speaker 2: Because this is all this does is double down on why the breakup was.
Speaker 3: This is but it's not rational.
Speaker 1: It's just they're just so desperate to get some sort of reply that they write crazy stuff.
Speaker 3: Did you transfer them, you ben Mom?
Speaker 4: To be fair, I did because I was like, I can't be bothered with this, I don't want to see you again. I'm going to keep your oyster sauce and I made a very good meal out of it.
Speaker 1: Well done to him.