Speaker 1: Come on, we're on It is Wednesday, middle of the week.
Speaker 2: Ura he hump day.
Speaker 1: You just see, Britt. I don't want to spring this on your brick because we're a live and we haven't planned this or anything. But BRIT's boyfriend Benjamin has been here in town in Australia and he still is not for very long. But Britt, it was just writing him a to do list to text him while she's on air doing the show.
Speaker 3: Looking at my personal messages, I think it.
Speaker 2: Was very cute. She just wants him to have a good time when he's here in Australia.
Speaker 1: And can you normally it's like go do the laundry or get the dry cleaning. Can you read out what he's on this list of to do list?
Speaker 3: I'm embarrassed.
Speaker 2: Come on, do it anyway.
Speaker 1: You've got a radio show.
Speaker 3: It's a job to do list today.
Speaker 4: Drink your greenest movie that I made you in brackets, blend again before consuming. Please do a polarate session at the at home polarates that we have have a sauna at Icebergs. Have a great day, go to Toddy's for lunch. Love you have a great day. That's my mother. No Mary this is what I do in a relationship. I love people and I want them to have the best life. So that is his to do list, not one chore about to do list.
Speaker 5: What if he didn't do those things? Are you going to be like you didn't do your to do list today? I'm going to be like, you didn't have a sauna and you didn't do the washing. Well, yeah, last time I made megreens me he did only have half.
Speaker 2: My to do list of Matt is very different.
Speaker 5: I'm like, please pick up keys to this, please do the oiel change, please pick up kids from daycare.
Speaker 2: It's a bit more bossy.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's get into the show. Marsha Hines is joining us. You know her from Australian Idol. She's in a brand new production of Greece. She's an Australian icon.
Speaker 2: She's incredible.
Speaker 1: She's so good, she's going to be in the industry. Yeah, God, she's just powers through half. It is the pickup with Britt, Laura and Mitch rushing to chemist sweaar House now to get a half price off the Nature's Own vitamin range. It excludes bulk sizes Chemists warehouse. Great savings every day.
Speaker 2: How do we all feel about a bit of PDA.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love it, public display of affection for it.
Speaker 4: I'm pro PDA and heaps of other letters, but I'm PROPDIO.
Speaker 1: It wepends like if you're going to town on a park bench out in the front of a bask in, Robin's like, grow.
Speaker 4: Up, Oh yeah, you're not going to third base, but kissy kiss or a hold a handhold or.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: I always thought that I was partial to a bit of PDA. I always thought I had no problem with it. Thought I quite enjoyed a bit of PDA.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: I was out for dinner the other night with Matt, and we were sitting across from each other, not touching each other, having a lovely night because we love each other. And I look over to this other table and it's a group of eight people that they're like all couples of friends that have gone out together. Yeah, and there's two people who are obviously a couple in the middle of the table and they were.
Speaker 1: These hold two fingers like that.
Speaker 2: That's all stopped pointing those things out.
Speaker 5: It was pretty much what they were doing. They were making out so hardcore at the table. All their friends were just sitting around them, chatting as though it was completely normal. And it wasn't just like a normal makeout. It was like an opened mouth makeout at eight o'clock at night on a Friday in a nice restaurant, completely absorbed in their own little world between the two of them and their friends were acting as though it was totally normal.
Speaker 4: Question, Yes, were they on the edge of the table or were they like smack bang in the middle and the sea was parted.
Speaker 5: Like, No, they were on the left side of the table, but they weren't completely on the end. It wasn't like they'd gone and rearranged. They were just sitting like he was on the head of the table and she was on the corner.
Speaker 2: Of the table and they were making out.
Speaker 1: The question maybe was he choking and was she trying to put mouth?
Speaker 2: Was mouth to mouth she was trying to wrench it out with her tongue.
Speaker 3: Fair in all, honestly, that's too much.
Speaker 2: It went on for about ah like, it went on for about five minutes.
Speaker 5: They came up air and they'd go chatting to their friends again, and then they'd go back making out.
Speaker 2: And I had this moment.
Speaker 5: Where I was like, am I too now or is this too this is too much?
Speaker 2: I am not okay with this level of ptero.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, I think it's too much. If I'm in a friend circle and there's a you know what, it's nice like because all PDA is is a way of you going I love you. This is me showing a level of affection that is okay in a public space.
Speaker 2: This is my person.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's what PDA is. Kissing and like sex acts is probably meant for indoors.
Speaker 5: Well no, I mean I had a problem with it, and Matt did not care one iota. He was like, Laura, I do not know why you're so hung up on this, because he loves a bit of PDA. I don't think I'm approved like I think. I think I'm pretty much okay with it. But I do wonder if you're sitting at a table with all your friends and you're macking on throughout the whole of dinner, why that's what are you trying to prove to your friends?
Speaker 3: Why did you come out with your friends?
Speaker 4: Right? You come out to socialize If you're just going to go and make out, go out to a dinner on your own, dark bar, get the corner.
Speaker 1: Mac On, I have a hot take. I think the correlation between relationships that don't last and really intense PDA is closer than we think. I think couples that show really crazy PDA, like you've seen Laura, never go the distance because it maps out they've got great, hot sex life, they really connected in that realm, but they don't have the other aspect, which is being able to be in a conversation, share their time with friends.
Speaker 5: This is what I think I reckon, and I've done my research on this. I came out of it and I was like, surely there's more to this. I think if you are going to that level of PDA, you have nothing to talk about, and the sexual chemistry is so strong that you can't fill the void with words, so you have to just lock lips. Now, Okay, there was some research that came out of the Journal of Sex, and it's suggested, well, there is it's a real thing.
Speaker 1: You got that your glove box, I'm gotting.
Speaker 5: My handbag right now, that there is such a thing as performative PDA. And now, basically performative PDA is maybe you're insecure in your relationship or you're jealous, when you're out with your partner, you're worried about them, like looking at other people or whatever.
Speaker 2: So it's a way of like marking your territory.
Speaker 5: And really being like this is my man or my woman and PDA is put on, but it's not because you're so in love.
Speaker 2: It's performative, all right.
Speaker 1: I agree. Maybe they love languages is physical touch?
Speaker 2: Maybe that's their only love language?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Or tongue touching. Is that someone's physical touch.
Speaker 2: Or just everything touch?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Public, full stop, all right, next time the pickup. Marsha heines from Australian idol and a brand new production of Greece. You're on the pickup around Australia, Britt, Laura and Mitch or thanks to Chemist Warehouse head on in today, great savings every day. I'm a little I'm a bit nervous for our next guest, starstruck.
Speaker 2: Get nervous, nervous an Australian.
Speaker 1: I can listen to her. She knows why. Marcia's incredible. She's here on the pick up.
Speaker 6: Hi, Marsha, Hi marsh Hi, Hi guys, how you doing?
Speaker 2: Oh we're good, Marsha.
Speaker 4: Multimillion dollar stage production Grease is coming in December and January. Absolutely huge. You do it with Patty Newton. How do you feel to be back on the scene in such a huge production.
Speaker 6: Oh, I love theater, so, I mean I first came to Australia theater, so it's kind of like what I cut my teeth on. And I do love a large production and it's great to work with an ensemble too. You guys understand that you are you know, so when you work together with people, it's always really cool.
Speaker 1: Well, you're playing teen Angel, which means I mean, for those who know Grease, you get beauty school dropout Marshal'd by tickets just to see I gets just to see Marsha to beauty school dropper. If you want to rehearse it with anyone, if you want to throw.
Speaker 2: It against his hand out.
Speaker 1: Marsia, you know you can run line.
Speaker 6: No, it's a really cool it's a cool part that I've scored. I look forward to it.
Speaker 2: Have you started the rehearsals for this yet?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: No, I go on tour myself with my show as of the beginning of July, and then later on in the year we do Grease, So rehearsals, Yeah, rehearsals. I won't have to do much because I just get that one good song though, that's the best bit.
Speaker 1: That's all you want. Yeah, you know, when if you go and see musical you girls, now, there's always one number that stands out. The leads are amazing, but there's that one performer that gets just one big moment. You go, they're the star. Yeah, and it's the drop.
Speaker 6: Thanks. That's very kind.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well you're going to be touring your show, which is still shining. What what can people expect who are coming to that? What's the show about?
Speaker 6: Well, it's about me still shining after you know, and the great thing is all my old hits and a couple of new songs that we're releasing shortly as well. So it's just really nice. You know. It's funny because I ran into a really cool lady, lives Hayes, you know who lives haz journalists. Yeah, the journalists, and I really have always respected her greatly. And what we were catching a lift the other day and I said, isn't it nice to still be relevant? She correct, It's true, you know, yeah, And you know she's just one of those very bright bock She's a very bright woman and a great journalist and yeah, we just had a bit of a crack up about that.
Speaker 5: Do you feel as a woman you need to continually reinvent yourself in order to stay relevant.
Speaker 6: Well, not just as a woman, just as a performer, because that's the greatest thing about being a performer. You you look at Elton John and you look at Rods to it. They continually reinvent, you know, and you just and God bless Tina. She did you know, Tina? And that's you surround yourself with like minded people. Guys. There's me, Marsha, and then there's the think tank. There's a I've got a big think tank that I've always had and I've had the same manager for my whole career. You know, he'll suggest something and I was on nah, He'll say, yeah, I think it nah. So we have these great fights, you know. Yeah, he's a pretty cool right.
Speaker 1: We love your Marsha. It is opening in December Greece. You've got to see it. Beauty school dropout, it's going to be it's going to be one to see, Marcia h.
Speaker 6: I hope you guys come and see it as well.
Speaker 4: We would love love in the front singing with you. Now, this one's crazy. This is for you, Laura, because I know you love you.
Speaker 2: We Wei stuff. But imagine if you.
Speaker 1: Had a child that was.
Speaker 4: Convinced they had lived and walked to this earth before and that they were like, well, I don't want to give it away, but they thought they were a Hollywood star.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean Mollie May thinks that she's from another life. She talks about her unicorn home all the time.
Speaker 2: I don't trust her. She's for she doesn't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Well, you're gonna be gobsmacked when I tell you this story.
Speaker 1: Thanks the pickup. It is the pickup with Britt, Laura and Mitch rushing to chemist Warehouse now to get a half price off the Nature's Own Vitamin range. It excludes bulk sizes Chemists Warehouse Great savings every day.
Speaker 4: I am a really big past life, other life ghost believer.
Speaker 3: You guys know, I'm sort of I touch you.
Speaker 2: Dabbling that world in the woo woo.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, by dabbling it, I'm not home doing witchcraft. But I'm not that much of a dabbler.
Speaker 3: But I find these stories so interesting.
Speaker 4: And I have this wild story of a ten year old boy that I want to tell you about because I want to know if you think that this is real. There's a ten year old boy that one hundred percent believes he is reincarnated from Hollywood. He believes he's a past Hollywood actor.
Speaker 2: No, no kidding.
Speaker 4: His name's Ryan Hammond. This is a kid's name. He believes he's a man named Martin Marty who died in nineteen sixty four.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's his name.
Speaker 2: Is dream so nice named him twice.
Speaker 1: Know they really love Wait wait did we google mart Is this a real person?
Speaker 3: It's a real person.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, now this kid now, I mean like the detail that this kid goes into. He truly believes that he was this actor. He's begged his mum to take him to Hollywood. He's like, please take me there. I want to visit my other family. And at this age, he didn't grow up around this guy. He didn't grow up around Hollywood. He grew up hundreds of miles away. He even describes how Marty died, like he describes how he died right. He said, like, mum, my heart exploded and I died and that's how. And then he says, and now I'm back here. Now I know I am this person and the detail he goes into. There's a really famous child psychologist that talks a lot about reincarnation.
Speaker 3: His name's doctor Jim Tucker, and.
Speaker 4: He he believes Ryan Hammond is absolutely reincarnated. He absolutely believes his story.
Speaker 5: Okay, but this so he's ten years old. Yeah, he can read, he can use the internet, he can google. How old was he when he started to have these real like visions about who he was?
Speaker 2: Yes, three years old?
Speaker 3: His entire life from a toddler, from a toddler.
Speaker 5: Okay, what was his saying as a three year old? The reason why I asked this is because Marley, she's three and a half. She always talks about her other home, her other family. She has this thing she calls her unicorn home. And in her Unicorn home, she has another mum. She has another brother. Well, I mean, she doesn't even have a brother in this life, but she's got another brother. And the story stays consistent. She tells me all about what's happening in the Unicorn home. She tells me all about things that have happened in her other life. There in detail, things she's gotten in trouble for I just think kids have.
Speaker 2: A crazy listen to this.
Speaker 4: They his mom went to the library and got a book of like old Hollywood, and they got an album a photos, got the photo album and we're just going through it.
Speaker 3: Until he stopped and he goes, that's that's me.
Speaker 4: That's me right there, and he pointed to the actor Marty Martin, Martin, Marty whatever it was.
Speaker 2: And this actor.
Speaker 4: The thing that's so crazy about this this actor, I want to say, was almost a no one. He was background in films. He never really had any lines, Like it's not like any This kid couldn't have seen him anywhere. It wasn't a Brad Pitt. It was literally a background extra. He finally got taken to meet this Hollywood star's family because he's like, I want to meet my family. They took him, They took him on a documentary. They took him on a documentary and his daughter. The actor that the daughter said, spend all this time with his kid and said, I believe him the stuff that he just can't know. I believe that this is my dad reincarnated.
Speaker 2: Oh that is so.
Speaker 1: Wait wait sorry, she looked at this kid and he daddy Dad.
Speaker 2: That's going to ten year old put down.
Speaker 1: Oh my dad, I back it. I'm completely with this kid, because think if you're going to make up a tall tale, you're going to say that you know, I was Tom Cruise and George or something. You're not gonna say I was the stunt double for Chris Evans in a movie fifteen minutes ago, who never had a line and died randomly. No, it's real.
Speaker 5: Kids are very creative, and ten years old is not that young that he might not be able to be like, Oh no, I don't want to go for the one that's so obvious. I'll go for the one that's less.
Speaker 1: It was a child that was once Marty Martin.
Speaker 4: It was also he was three years old and when he met.
Speaker 3: The family he was only six. He was still only six years old. This kid's not perusing the Internet to make up a fake line.
Speaker 1: Laura's story. You told about the Unicorn family. You need to get your fence checked at your house. Maybe there's a hole.
Speaker 2: There could be horses. My kids in a stable. Look.
Speaker 4: I would genuinely love anyone out there if you have a reincarnate story, if you're have any weird experiences like this, please ride into the pickup on Instagram.
Speaker 3: Let us know because I'm fascinated by these stories.
Speaker 1: I'd love to know your stories. All right, we're done. We'll see you guys tomorrow. I have a great day. And you can podcast The Pickup on iHeartRadio. Just search the Pickup.
Speaker 3: Don't miss it.
Speaker 1: All right tomorrow, Hey guys,