Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts. You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: Got anything good?
Speaker 1: Hey? This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast. Every Friday, we give you our recommendations TV shows, movies, apps, books. You share yours with us as well. Text me oh four seventy five three one oh four three, Patsy, what are you enjoying at the moment.
Speaker 2: Dearest gentle reader. The fourth series of Bridgeton has dropped. It is Catney for women.
Speaker 1: The Globe absolutely loves it. What's the first two seasons that I tapped out? But it's a big good show though, isn't.
Speaker 2: It beautifully made? Makes me want to go to Bath and just have a look at all of the scenery.
Speaker 1: It is just stunning, just saying that Bath is a modern city. Brigitton is a fictional.
Speaker 2: Period, but you can still see where they feel.
Speaker 1: Not love, that's not a snapshot of now. Bath is a beautiful place. It's such a popular show, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Oh, It's just beautiful and it's just it's gorgeous. And the real highlight for me for this season is that it features an Australian born actress, which is really really exciting year. And her who is a Nighter graduate, is in this series and she is the love interest this time with Luke Thompson Benedict.
Speaker 1: And I mean, yeah, for Rio and I we're not watching it, and I imagine a lot of men listening right now. Not to make generalizations, but I think it's probably true. You could be naming anyone. And who plays bing being this year?
Speaker 2: How raunchy is it this year, Patsy, Well, we'll see. We'll see. They're doing a bit of a Stranger Things approach in that they're dumping sections of the series. So we've got the first four EPs and the second part two drops Lady this month about that, if that is.
Speaker 1: To let the ladies cool off, let me just and myself on those steamy scenes when Lord wats his face, dropped his breeches smelling salts.
Speaker 3: It's a bit like that, but.
Speaker 2: It's very clever, and they're doing it with a lot of popular series now and it's just like, you know, it's like feeding your addiction and then they snatch it back.
Speaker 1: And tell me, this is that just your show, Patsy, Because for my wife it's like she doesn't want me around. Oh no, no, no, I for go and just do something else because she just it's just her thing. Because half the time I think it's also because they're sex scenes. She doesn't want me to joke up to tea.
Speaker 2: I was thinking of the love God saying to me, what's going on? Who's he on with?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: But who is the who's narrating it? Who is later whistled it? It's like, can you please just please just let me.
Speaker 1: Watch she's the lady that writes the blog.
Speaker 2: Yes, that, and it's revealed who she is.
Speaker 1: Scandal and they do that do they sort of the great thing where they take pop songs and they have like love that is so good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like with beautiful string quartets, and you think like this, oh, I know this song is an e cheerance song, or it's this it's very clever, it's brilliant. It sort of pulls you back into the present when you're sort of imagining this, Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, we're in the past. Insurance here would have thought fantastic everywhere, no matter where you are, what decades you're in, your century, living in tune? Is he not? He's omnipotent?
Speaker 3: He's busking in.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast that we can why don't he balance it out? Watch die Hard? Then Alan Rickman pays for his infidelity with his life at the end of the movie. Mike, that's a great idea. You're restoring harmony in my marriage. See look karma he got his Wow. How like that's a genius idea about that is I'm going to do that.
Speaker 3: High level husbanding. That Wow, that is.
Speaker 1: Very very good. Christian. When Bassi said that Bridgeton was doing a stranger things, then I was hope she was going to say there are now paranormal demons killing off characters. I will start watching us or having relationships with the regulars. Glenn Webber, very very good. We're doing We're doing Recommendation Station with its every Friday. We share our recommendations, what we're enjoying at the moment. You shall you share yours as well. Michelle is watching Nurse Jackie, which came a couple years ago, which is absoually brilliance from the sopranos Edie Falco's show. It's supposed to be incredible. That one a lot of awards. It's on SBS. If you want to see it here? All right? Two things to me? What's a TV show? And one is I think in my time here it's the first time I've ever recommended an app. Oh wow, yeah, it's a TV show and app. So yesterday evening I took a big, bold risk. Our twenty one year old has moved back home for color weeks getting over her back surgery, and so it was just me and her last night, and I queued up a new show for us to watch, and soon she sat down she was like, no way, I don't like sci fi frozen. On the screen was this big new Marvel TV show called wonder Man. She was like, plus, it's about what superhero guy? No, And I said, it's got great reviews. It's supposed to be a very unsuperhero TV show. Then I showed regarding review giving it four out of five. She respects the girl ardi more sadly than and so we watched three episodes straight through. Is that good? And let me tell you this, not once in three episodes. They're just twenty five minute episodes. Did she pick up her phone? That is how I judge it. That is huge. Didn't pick up our phone once? And I heard it pinging, it was snapping, it was chatting, it was gramming, it was talking, but she did not reach for that phone. Hey look at you. Yeah, yeah, they're gonna keep making show. Guys, there's only five more episodes. Then the phone's going to take away from Papa. But yeah, wonder Man, what a brilliant show. He's got superhero powers, but there's hardly any of that in the show. He's trying to control them because he wants to be a Hollywood actor. That's that's not true. Me in It's So good, cannot recommend enough that is wonder Man on Dizzy Plaster and the other thing. I struggled to type at the speed that I talk. So it's a nightmare me sending an email. And recently it became a real problem when I had to write a book, and so I was getting so frustrated I was. I tried out a couple of different voice dictation apps, tried two or three. There were only about sixty to seventy percent curate. There were Dissey's glitches, and so it's slowing me down. And so then I found one that I have actually used to write my book, the book that I've written that comes out in August. The whole thing was spoken out loud. Because it's a book about speaking and storytelling. It felt right that it shouldn't be typed out. I should speak out. So I would go for walks a couple of hours and I'd be mumbling into my phone. People must have thought, it's crazy, dude, much is he doing the show? How he does he walking it in? Phoning it in? He's walking in the show? What is this? But anyway, I would dictate it. This thing called Whisper is ninety nine point nine percent. It's incredible. So I now use it for emails as well. You just talk away and it comes out real time at the speed you're talking.
Speaker 4: I wonder if it can do the Australian accent, which we were a bit.
Speaker 1: Well, you have to, you have to. It gets you to read various things at various volumes for like five minutes beforehand. It learns you. Yes, yes, I'm sure it's being uploaded to Chinese nefarious kind of organizations. I don't care. I've got nothing remotely interesting in my life, just mumblings of stuff I'm going to talk about on the radio show. But yeah, Whisper. And because it's an app.
Speaker 3: NOI oh, of course, no.
Speaker 4: Vowels in a square.
Speaker 1: Okay, Boomer wants to correctly spell out whisper no e al rio. What's your recommendation station?
Speaker 4: Scotty James Pipe Dreams on Netflix will get you so fired up for the Winter Olympics, which start was already started, but ceremonies tomorrow. Scotty James is Australia's best metal hope now.
Speaker 1: He is.
Speaker 3: Skateboarder, snowboarding, halfpipe.
Speaker 1: Guy, so so crazy days it's mentally flying there courage or Matt insane.
Speaker 4: And he has been in the Olympics since he was fifteen years old. He's from Warren Dye, which is the outer suburbs of Melbourne. Not exactly a hot, amazing story in his family as well, it's amazing. And he's never won Olympic gold, so he's the best in the world. He's won seven X Games, he's been a world champion. He's coming into this as the raging hot favorite.
Speaker 1: So Australia could win it. Go.
Speaker 4: Yes, this is massive and it's been hanging over him. He's been he was a child prodigy, Like I said, he's been. This is his fifth Olympics and he's never won a goal. It is his fifth one.
Speaker 1: Old is he now?
Speaker 3: He is in his thirties. This will be his last chance.
Speaker 1: To get around him. I hope he gets gone. So when is he in action?
Speaker 4: They start on the eleventh and the finals on the thirteenth, and it is an incredible story.
Speaker 1: And he's in the half pipe.
Speaker 3: He's in the half pipe.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: His mum when he was a kid, every weekend you think Saturday sports bad, he's had His mom had to drive him nine hours on a Friday night to train on a Saturday.
Speaker 1: Where's the snowy half pipe?
Speaker 4: Ye, somewhere like that, and then nine hours back on Sunday, back to school on Monday. And they would do that all through winter.
Speaker 1: Oh what a story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm really rooting for them. I really.
Speaker 1: The documentary is called.
Speaker 3: Scotty James Pipe Dreams. It is on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Brilliant. Okay, we're going to get the Leach's News and sport now and then we're back with the people's played it. The Christian O'Connell Show podcast