Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast. Happy Friday, Jack Post, Happy Friday guys this weekend. Then for me it's Father's Day and please universe Oasis tickets trying to get them, like millions of people from around the world tomorrow five p m. This has could ruined Father's Day for my family. Have you got what you're not going to get them?
Speaker 2: Do you have multiple screens set up your phone in the internet at the same kids are ap.
Speaker 1: Top bless them, They're all doing their bits. So I've been researching online about what's the best way to do it because it's so stressful. Now to one tickets and this is a very big deal. Now Oasis come back. This time last week, no one was talking about Oasis. There were no roomors. I don't know how it's all kept so quiet, but anyway, so apparently it's better if you do the refresh on your iPhones. But I've got so the kids to be on their iPhones, my wife, me laptop, another laptop as well, So it's some nerve, said to go on Willie Wonka, Yes, yes, I get the golden tickets.
Speaker 2: It's actually a sweet family moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good luck to you all I want for Father's Days. Please help me get these tickets.
Speaker 2: I really hope it's.
Speaker 1: More likely that I won't be getting the tickets.
Speaker 3: No, positively put it out.
Speaker 2: So do you go for a particular show or can you go for any of the nights, or do you have to keep refreshing for different like we would end up in Wales or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know. You no offense, but some meant no one wants to end up in Wales. And I have noticed why the brothers have smartly thought this. We haven't played life fifteen years. Chuck it in wells. If it's that bad, it's just Welsh people. We've upset, okay, and then we're saved the big show for London and their homecoming shows in Manchester. But I've noticed that interesting you going to Wales first of all, so now I don't.
Speaker 2: Dust off the Cobweb show.
Speaker 1: However, I've noticed that, because you know they put odds on anything, the odds that them completing the talking to her not great, and going from the first opening night to throughout the nights get worse and worse and worse because you know what it's like. It may all go to Liam's head, anything could happen. So what I'm hoping for is the opening night in London, and I know that no one else trying to do that strategy. It's just going to be me there and the boys, like a private gig in a one thousand seater. No one else will try that one. Keep it just out please, good life? All right, So, Patsy, what's up for you this weekend Father's Day with cresh? I?
Speaker 3: Look, admittedly I haven't booked a single.
Speaker 1: Thing, so can you? Though, surely won't be fun for him and you're just going to eat.
Speaker 3: A home No, no, no, I'll get him out. I'll get him out and about. But you know I now have to take into account accessibility with the bun. Yes, but look, no, don't stress. Thanks for worrying, but it's all good. We will get him out.
Speaker 1: My favorite thing isn't going out on Father's Day. I love having we just do a big We just do a big lunch together and we've done that every year. I prefer it's less stress.
Speaker 2: Now is still up in the air at the moment. Yes, yeah, my dad got on the group chat for the first time ever, and look, I'm going to organize something he's never done in his whole life. He's like, I'm going to organize a picnic. I texted him this week. He's like, what happening with that picnic on Father's Day? He goes, Yep, still, I just need to agree on a venue and time. That's not plenty. This is the bit that's their bit, when time is very much part of their jurisdiction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I would just why do you just do something.
Speaker 3: At home and I can't cook?
Speaker 1: Just get don't it's why did you just get some of the day before? They just warm it up?
Speaker 3: That'd be nice.
Speaker 1: Well, it's better than the stress of all my dear heaven. As we have lunch together and then I'm allowed to pick a movie. It's the only time I'm allowed to pick what the family entertainment is. We watch a movie together, and what they don't realize is I already know what we're going to watch. Adam Sandler has dropped a brand new stand up special. We will be watching that Sunday afternoon. No moaning, Get off your phones. Sam Man has come here for us, fellow dad.
Speaker 2: But I'm just saying, when I'm watching something with Bianco and I want her to really pay attention to that. Phones are I don't want to see you.
Speaker 1: No, Sam Man. We're hanging on every word, every sandy word. Jack. What are you to this weekend? You're free now because last weekend you were all cooped up doing ponty training with the young girls.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, potty training continues, but he's doing a great job, guys, but it means we're free. Last weekend we couldn't go out because we had to hover around the potty at all times. This weekend we're allowed to like go back to swimming lessons and go and see friends and actually go out of the house. And the number one thing is my mom and dad get back from a trip to Europe. They went and visited my brother in London. They've been away for six weeks, so we've had no baby. God, he's throwing away on Saturday night.
Speaker 1: It is they get it, I get it. Get it. Tell you what you're so love you love your wife and having a good time. Enjoy Jack, enjoying give that soccer break as well. All right, that's enough, let's play it somewhere. Come back The Christian O'Connell show podcast. Let's do Terible thumbs up. This is what go around the team and we share the things we're into this week. Pats, what's it for you?
Speaker 3: Yes, well, I a blatant plug, I must say. But episode seven of Rage Against.
Speaker 1: The Do you know what? I was having a friend of ours with chat the other day and she's in her fifties and she was saying, she started listening to your our podcast, Rage Against the Menopause, and how utterly brilliant it is a journalist as well of over twenty five years. So honestly, you're you're doing a gift to all your fellow sisters who are going through that difficult time.
Speaker 3: Well and men as well. The response I've got from people.
Speaker 1: Is just beautiful I saw from the listeners, but listen to us for years in the UK. Larry sent you a lovely note.
Speaker 3: Yes, he said that he's not a shamed now to talk about it in the workplace that they're having. What are you laughing at?
Speaker 2: I've just seen it's great.
Speaker 1: Have you seen the Prince of all testimonial?
Speaker 2: Why is the fonso being It's like you're reading cue cards.
Speaker 3: And I have printed off like that. I have not.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like one letter of page.
Speaker 3: No, it's not. It fits the messages on one, but I I don't. I can't the answer to that, but I do want to hear some of the Well that was really nice. Like Y wrote to me, she said it was like sitting down with my best friend and having a chat, and I thought, that is so nice.
Speaker 1: Honestly, you are in your element on that podcast.
Speaker 2: It is so good in my truth.
Speaker 3: Larry Bander, who you just said, he's strong supporter of the show and was a big listener to you in the UK.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I love about it as well? Sometimes I'm shocked to what I'm hearing because the great thing is is you really put yourself into that, and that is why it's so good well doing it, and I've heard so much sometimes it's nice to be shocked in the car getting into the well.
Speaker 3: There's no point doing it unless you fully put it in yourself. And there was a lot of stuff around and women were just dipping their toe in the water and not quite.
Speaker 2: Into it.
Speaker 3: And there's more of that in episodes.
Speaker 1: You're waking from it the summer.
Speaker 3: Let's not make it a dirty word. It's okay to talk about periods and saw boobs and all the rest of it and menopause and one really touching message from a lady I got Sharon, who said she was moved to go to a doctor and finally instead of putting herself last and her health needs last. She said, thank you so much for the informative pot. I took myself to the doctor today to talk all things perimenopause. It's time I got my crap sorted. So, you know, to think that it could move people to that point, women to that point where they're finally putting themselves first and sort of making it a priority about you know, what's happening with their health and not always about their kids, or their partners or their parents. I think that's really I love that. I love those.
Speaker 2: Coming.
Speaker 3: Keep thing coming, the other.
Speaker 1: Thing, give me the praises, annoying me. No mention how you can listen to the podcast. Don't listen to it, just keep the price.
Speaker 3: Well it is on the free I heeart app or wherever you get your podcast. So episode seven I'm in my Power now with Grace molloy, who is the CEO of Menopause Friendly Australia is this week and she's amazing. I saw this deficiency in workplaces, and you know what, she stood up and she's done something about it. She's an absolute trailblazer. The other thing this week, I've got another podcaster, another podcast which I'm into, which is Wiggle Talk.
Speaker 1: You should They launched a parenting.
Speaker 3: Podcast, a parenting podcast and it's Lockey and Simon, so Purple and Red Wiggle. Who are new parents. Lockie's got twins with I think one of the dancers is his wife.
Speaker 1: In the week.
Speaker 2: Because he Locky was married to Emma. He's not looking too far to say.
Speaker 1: He's being all over the place. He doesn't know who's PSID which one? I bang it. It's a time podcast. Is it about sex? Could?
Speaker 3: But I love it and I love it for the new dads. Jack you to tested this for new dads. I think it's brilliant. The dads are getting up and talking about it. I think it's absolutely wonderful.
Speaker 1: You haven't got a listener to There was literally zoning O.
Speaker 2: I am interested in that.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Yeah, we take a break. We'll come back with the Jack and Ice double thumbs up. This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast going on a four point three. It's the Friday show on Gold We're doing double Thumbs Up, where me, Jack and Pat's talking about the things we're into at the moment this week. Everything we talk about, any tips or anything that we're listening or watching or reading that you might like, because this is too much choice in the world right now. You can find on our social pages as well. Jackie Boy, what have you enjoyed this week?
Speaker 2: We've been locked on two different shows on the ABC. You can stream in both on ABC I view. The funniest show on television this year is Guy Montgomery's Guy Mont's Spelling Bee. Oh my god. He's a New Zealand comedian. I've seen him pop up on Instagram and TikTok before, but I've never really watched much of his stuff. He is the funniest person on television. It is awesome. It is so funny Guy Montgomery's Guy Mont's Spelling Bee. Aaron Chen is also on it with him, and then they have a rotation of the same kind of comedians you see on every panel show because we've only got so many comedians to go around.
Speaker 1: But it Guy's good.
Speaker 2: It Guy's fantastic, and the format is really strong. The other one is just the sweetest show I've watched this year, and that is The Assembly.
Speaker 1: What a gift, what a beautiful show that is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm so glad you guys are watching it too because it's so nice.
Speaker 1: So which I saw. I've seen the Albanezy one, I haven't seen the hame one.
Speaker 2: Hamish's brilliant on it. So the idea is Lee Sales takes a group of journalism students, autistic journalism students, and walks them through how to interview high profile people. The students write their own questions and then they sit in this really soft, sweet space and take turns hand in the microphone over and asking questions of Sam Nei or Hamish Blake, Anthony Albanesi and it's you would be shocked at how quickly and how sweet the answers are and the conversations that come from.
Speaker 3: The times as well. It's a real emotional but it.
Speaker 1: Changes you watching that show. For the Battery.
Speaker 2: I think the first episode is Sam Neil and he gets asked what he learned from his parents and it takes him a minute to answer the question really shocks it just goes deep into himself and really thinks about it and then gives these really great answers, and Hamish's episode I thought was brilliant.
Speaker 1: I'll check that out this weekend. It also does a really important thing of showing people the wonder of people who are my kids are as well in neurodivergent, because a lot of people don't understand it, and it was never really properly respected when we were kids as well, and so many people misdiagnosed, millions of people who grew up with shame or thought that thick or slow, which is what used to be told. It's a beautiful show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I thought even Anthony Albanez, he said a really beautiful thing during it that everybody, no matter who they are, is equal, and it doesn't matter what kind of car you drive, or what kind of house you live in, or what your abilities are, but everybody on this planet is worthy, and they felt that when he was saying it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say that watching that right now is probably the best thing you could do for yourself. It would just chune your heart and soul up. Two shows to me that we're really enjoying back in our life. My daughter and I bond by watching only murders in the Building Steve Martina Marshall back this week for season four. They're doing it one show a week, which is how we grew up watching TV. But I've done about you. I get hugely irritated. Last night we were watching it and it ended and I went, We've got enough time. You can stay up and watching this one.
Speaker 2: Where's that next episode?
Speaker 1: Why would they do this? I wouldn't watch it all now I'm ruin a good thing within two nights, but only murders in the building. This is the fourth season. Go back and watch them. They it's brilliant, smart, funny. Steve Martin is still doing great work as well on my comic heroes. The other one. If you ever read JK. Rowling wrote a series best selling books. She just can't help but write a best selling novel, a whole detective series called A Cormorant Strike.
Speaker 2: I've read. I read The Running Grave last year and it was my favorite book for twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: It's so good been adapted to the TV. I didn't even know it's already in this third season, so I've just started watching the first season. It is outstanding. It's so good. It's called CB Strike and it's been adapted so well if you love the books, or you don't even need to read the books, but if you're looking for a new novel series, they're real page turners. They're so good. But the TV adaptation, I cannot recommend it enough. It's very very smart. CB strike is what it's called. Those are my double thumbs up. The Christian O'Connell Show podcast