Speaker 1: Do you want to have a guard doing the intro like the theme music's rolling? Do you want to kind of.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the program, the problem program? What's that program?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Go grab?
Speaker 1: Do you want to have another guy doing the intro? Welcome to the show? Jesus Christ, this is why you don't do it? How are you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Great, so much better now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure this banana bread's going down to treat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you for buying that for me. That's all right, thanks to the left. That's the first sweet thing I've had for a few weeks.
Speaker 1: In your mouth to life, that's a lie. Shit's been hectic, hasn't it. At the start of the year. I've got love. I feel like I'm so boring because I've been so busy, yet I'm just so bored at the same time. Yeah, there's just nothing, nothing great. That's a lot of exciting stuff coming up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, that's the feedback I get from people who listen to your radio.
Speaker 1: Shit, that's the feedback I get from your wife. You're that you're very boring. She's like, he whispers, engineering things in the throes of passion.
Speaker 2: It's okay. Do you want a square roon?
Speaker 1: You just whispers the weirdest inane thing. How good is the miracle of flight? China the Chinese Chicken? What nothing? It's a song by smash Mouth. You just come back from the world's newest third world country, Los Angeles. That is so true. What a hole? Yeah?
Speaker 2: For how woke California is?
Speaker 4: It is?
Speaker 2: It is a grim place at the moment.
Speaker 4: So I was over there and we'll chat about this shortly in the States to talk to drive the new Lexus GX. But after that drive, I went to Los Angeles to film some extra content. And while Arizona, where we went for GX, is absolutely stunning, amazing, and you know, it's just cool.
Speaker 2: It's just a cool spot.
Speaker 4: Los Angeles has really just descended into San Francisco.
Speaker 2: My goodness, that is a joint you did not want to go near.
Speaker 1: So it's the mecca for the holy homeless.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but just very quickly.
Speaker 4: It is sad what it has become because not only is it very expensive, and that is just for a US resident. It is very very expensive if you're going there as an Australian because that dollar sucks. But if you're over there and you don't have a job or you don't really own much money. I just don't understand how anyone's surviving. And you can see why there are so many homeless people, but they just keep jacking the cost.
Speaker 2: Of everything up.
Speaker 4: They're pushing everyone into these expensive evs like it is just a bit of a disaster.
Speaker 1: So Webby, what always sort of like throws me is in different states in America, there's different tax laws and different healthcare systems as well. So if you live in Texas, for instance, you kind of can get a better deal on things like medical and tax benefits and stuff like that where he's in La Oh Jesus.
Speaker 2: But it's even down to stuff like fuel.
Speaker 4: So in Phoenix, we were staying just outside Phoenix, fuel was like two dollars eighty US a gallon. In Los Angeles it was closer to five dollars a gallon. So I just I really don't understand how you can have such a discrepancy when this joint is, you know, one thousand kilometers away here at least you know it is similar in terms of fuel. It's not going to be dollars of difference. So yeah, I just think it's it's a bit of a broken country at the moment, So I'll be interested to see how they fix all of that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's not not a good situation.
Speaker 1: I've been divided for a long time too, and I don't think it hasn't gotten better at all. Despite whether you're a Trump guy, whether you're a who's the sleepy old man, the demension guy Joe Biden, whether you're a Biden guy, I'm.
Speaker 2: Waiting for that guy.
Speaker 1: It's just like die mid press conference.
Speaker 2: He genuinely has no idea where he is.
Speaker 4: They got him the other day because this is two into a politics podcast, but I watched a feverit and news while I was over there. They got him for hoarding classified documents, which is exactly what they got Trump for, and one of the people that was investigating said something along the lines of.
Speaker 2: He's a well meaning elderly man with a bad memory. And I'm like, you've just said that about your president, and one of the guys in the way are Yeah, I just craped my pants.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 4: So yeah, we'll talk more about the LEXUSJX shortly, and I might even I'll touch on it now. Just some of the stuff that we did outside of the GX launch in Los Angeles. We drove the Twitter rad Fall Prime, which is fantastic. So that's basically the rad Fall that we get, but it's a plug in hybrid and it does zero to one hundred and under six seconds.
Speaker 1: She is phenomenal, tchnique.
Speaker 4: Really efficient, very easy to manage and drive. We also drove the Keya Tell You Ride the x Pro, which is the off road version on All Terrains.
Speaker 2: Almost got shot by a lady.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: I just presumed I was where it was going to escalate that this was American American dotter pretty much.
Speaker 4: She came and started yelling at us for using the filming on this land that she claimed private America.
Speaker 1: Get on my land, Hey, stop pouring the kids shoes. But I asked her, so whose land is it?
Speaker 4: Just because I'll go ask permission if it's not okay, because I was genuinely like, well, I don't want to film here if it's someone land and she goes, I think it's the guy up there, and I said ok I said do you have permission to be here?
Speaker 1: Because she was walking her dogs on it.
Speaker 4: And she's like yeah, And I'm like, but you don't know who owns the land. So I was like, all right, cool, Like, you just look like you probably hit the pipe fairly frequently, so I'm just going to get out of here before you come back and shoot me.
Speaker 1: I would have asked for a sweet deal.
Speaker 4: But yeah, So I did that and also drove a rivianah yeah, yeah, yeah to the suv and that ended up being an absolute disaster. When it came to charging as part of the review, I thought, let's just shoot a bit of content on what it's like to charge a car in a state like California that is fully into EVS and outside of Norway is one of the more progressive sort of electric feed They kind.
Speaker 1: Of led the way with that sort of stuff. They really championed it.
Speaker 4: And I genuinely thought it was just going to be like a five minute video and everything was going to be great. It ended up being an absolute saga. It took us so long to actually charge this car, as in, find a charger that wasn't that didn't have a queue of ten fifteen cars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was incredible watching that footage, unbelievable. I was blown away.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I'll have a video on that. Will chat about that in a bit more detail later.
Speaker 1: All Right, We thought we should talk about emissions laws. Do you want to start with that? Do you want to talk about emissions laws? Because they're sort of coming up and a few things have been and now it's now I'm going to go through my dumbass kind of understanding of this and then you can throw me over the coals and just tell me where I'm kind of right, because basically all wrong, Yeah, all right, all wrong, very much wrong. So Paul wanted to bring up emissions standards, and so I thought to myself, here we go. He's going to have like a little Pavais moment of I'm going to have an editorial. From what I can understand is you lower emissions, you lower the carbon footprint. Right now, Europe has been, I guess, leading the way on this. They kind of change the game when it comes to emissions full stop. And that includes the current industry. So the difference between Europe and Australia is Europe is very much mandated by laws. Australia is, well, we have these things called voluntary emissions targets. Now, from what I can get is we're not really accountable to even hit these targets at all. And I think in the last three years, we haven't. I think it's gotten worse. So we sell heaps of view, heaps of four wheel drives. The one thing I will say is when it comes to what causes high emissions, so Australia has really dirty fuel on the world market, on the world sort of scheme of it all, we've got dirty fuel which they're fixing. Well, yes, that's kind of part of this whole thing. So we love our utes, we love our four wheel drives, and so this is going to make it tougher when it comes to new laws coming into force. What exactly was announced this week, I'm a bit confused at So all new cars, SUVs, light commercial vehicles, basically anything that's introduced in Australia in September next year, so that's twenty twenty five has to go by the new Euro six D standard. Previous existing models will have to hit that by twenty twenty eight. And that's to comply. Half the current models we've got on sale right now are Euro five So Euro six D is even stricter. Yep. With that, you don't just consider the type of car, You've got to consider the type of petrol that's going into it. Now, this is the weird thing. This is what I couldn't quite get, which you can get to in a second. But I know that we're going to be reducing the amount of sultware in our petrol, and I think this seems like it's going to be affecting octane ninety five.
Speaker 4: So yeah, basically, and ninety one is the worst defender at the moment. If you look at ninety one rong fuel that we have in Australia, it is amongst the worst in the world for sulfur content, and that is why a lot of modern engines require ninety five or ninety eight ROND fuel to run.
Speaker 2: So a lot of European vehicles that are sold in.
Speaker 4: Australia have minimums because if you feed at ninety one it will basically destroy the engine. So yeah, that that is what they're looking at fixing. And they already fixed diesel. So the sulfur content in diesel is now sort of in amongst first world countries, but our unleaded fuel is amongst the worst in the world, and that's what they're looking at fixing.
Speaker 2: That's also the.
Speaker 4: One that they claim will only increase the cost of fuel by a cent or two cents a lead, which I just think is absolute nonsense.
Speaker 2: It'll be much more than that.
Speaker 1: So this is and that includes taking sulfur and stuff like that at or the rubbish.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 1: So basically what this I feel like, what this is going to sort of packed is things like youtes heavy duty kind of commercial vehicles, utes apparently like Niche sports cars. I don't know what falls under Niche sports cars by the way, because yeah, anyway, it depends what you go with. But apparently some budget hashback models as well. Yep, so that don't really have the Euro six dy variants. That's sort of a big question will they survive? But yeah, where am I at with that? Good?
Speaker 2: Okay, now just give you one sect of triple checks, I think. So that's all sort of pretty much there. Just the sort of nuances of it.
Speaker 4: The way that it will work is manufacturers will have limits per vehicle that they have to meet. So this is average CO two emissions per kilometer across their vehicle fleets. So if you think of let's say Ford for example, and you've got all of the vehicles that they sell, basically they're going to say that let's say your limit is two hundred grams per kilometer or something like that.
Speaker 2: There's plucking that out of thin air.
Speaker 4: If their average sales mainly rangeer in Everest, which they are, what they'll need to do is basically figure out what amount above that average they're contributing to the environment for the vehicles that they sell, and then they will be penalized for that.
Speaker 1: So would they be inclined to be interested because they don't really just said they don't really have many evs. They've got the here in Australia, they've got the Mark three, the Mustang Mark three. I think they've got like some sort of a transit van too. Does that mean I know they're working on like a small EV, but does that mean they'll be introducing more hybrids and evs?
Speaker 4: Well, exactly because logically you don't want to be paying these fines. But what happens then, and this is what's happened in Europe as well, car companies like Tesla that only make electric vehicles will get credits. So what you can then do is sell your credits to another car company, so Forward can buy credits from Tesla as they're fine. And this is how Tesla built its factory in Europe they basically had Alfa Romeo or the Stalantes group paying their credits to Tesla. Then Tesla used that money to create a factory. So that is the sort of gist of how it's going to work. Now, there are a number of problems with this though, So.
Speaker 1: One thing I will say is who created that rule?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean this is what they're doing to try and get people into cleaner vehicles, which I get it, it makes sense, but to put it into context, passenger cars and light commercial vehicles only contribute around ten percent a little bit more than ten percent of Australia's total emissions. So they are focusing very heavily on this one industry and it doesn't seem they're putting much effort into anything else. So the problem with this is that at the moment, you really don't have the ability for people to buy the vehicles that they need to be able to meet this requirement. Putting this in from twenty twenty five, if you're a tradee there is not an electric ute. Well there is an electric ute, but it's rubbish. It's the LDV. So you're saying to them, okay, well, now you're forcing a car company to go Okay, well we're going to increase the price of this car because a car company isn't just going to take up all those costs. They're going to pass them on to the.
Speaker 1: Consumerw okay, so and they'll use that I mean that extra cost is credits right.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean they're passing it on.
Speaker 4: There's no way a car company is going to go, okay, well we'll just absorb the cost of all this and just continue selling cars. They'll either withdraw a car from sale if they don't have a better engine, or alternatively, they will charge more for the car knowing that it's the only engine they have available. And you, as as a person in Australia that is buying a car, are either going to be forced buy an expensive EV which is what they are at the moment compared to internal combustion.
Speaker 2: Cars, or alternatively, you're.
Speaker 4: Going to have to pay more for an internal combustion car that doesn't meet these requirements. Now, the counter to that is that these car companies sell vehicles like the Ranger and the high Lux in countries that already have these requirements. So there are engines they already produce in other countries that meet these requirements. They will eventually bring those two Australia because obviously they don't want.
Speaker 2: To be fine.
Speaker 4: But the extra cost of all of that is going to get passed on to the consumers. So where they say here that Australians will save around thousand dollars per vehicle per year in fuel costs, who's saying that the government is absolute bullshit. There is no way it is going to I mean, these engines, yes, they are more efficient, but they're not going to save your thousand dollars a year. Then they further go on to claim that the average new vehicle purchase purchaser in twenty twenty eight claim to be looking at a saving of five seven hundred and ten over five years. It is absolute nonsense. There is no way you are going to be saving that much more fuel. In addition to that, the extra cost of the vehicle, which is going to be passed on to you as a consumer, is not going to offset the fuel saving either. So I just think that it's a great idea. Yes, we need to make the automotive industry greener, et cetera, et cetera, but at the moment, you don't have vehicles for sale that are suitable for this if you have a look at what Australians are buying, which is utes and SUVs, and if you have a look in the States as well. I mean their biggest seller is the fine fifty huge, an enormous vehicle.
Speaker 1: It's weird too because you're looking at I know this sounds like a really basic thing to say, but I'm used to it now. When you look at like the consumption of what Europe are doing and how they're using their cars, it's a lot different to how we use our cars. And also what we consider, say a big family car, to what Europe considers a big family car. A fucking Volkswagen Golf over there is a family car. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The issue is they're parroting all this stuff out of Europe and it has absolutely no relation to what we do when they go on a road trip over there. Yes, they might travel longer distances, but you're traveling across built up areas, and it makes sense that you need to not be emitting as much through towns and cities across here. If you're traveling longer distances, you're in the middle of nowhere. A small vehicle doesn't make any sense. A small vehicle doesn't toe. A small vehicle doesn't do a lot of the things that the Australians that need to travel longer distances are doing. So what you're doing now is penalizing people who need to travel longer distances. In addition to that, you then need to have a think about you've got people that live in the country that is long distance driving, but then in the cities you've also got people who live further out because they can't afford to live closer to the city. So these are people that are going to be traveling longer distances by virtue it.
Speaker 1: In regional towns the fact that they can't afford it.
Speaker 4: So I just think that these are all and this is exactly what we've seen in California right where you've imposed all of these laws made it very hard to buy the car that people actually want, so they're pushing everyone into evs.
Speaker 2: And what we witnessed over there.
Speaker 4: Which will be in the video that's coming out, the public charging network is an absolute clusterfuck. We were waiting hours to get to a charger. When we finally got to the charger, the charger was either faulty or slow because they had so many cars using it, and this is in a country that has incredible ev uptake. And according to this report from last year, there are over one hundred and thirty thousand public charges across the US, which was a forty percent increase over twenty twenty, so they are increasing. The private sector has also committed more than one hundred and twenty billion dollars in domestic EV and battery investments in the States, and it still isn't enough at all to cater for the vehicles they're selling at the moment. And their uptake of EVS is between ten and twenty percent in new car sales, so you can just imagine that when that gets hold over here, we don't have the infrastructure to support it. If you don't have charging at home, you have to go and charge publicly, which is expensive and often doesn't work. So I understand what they want to do. I just think it's far too early for Australia. It's not very well thought out for the cars that people are buying, and I guarantee this will cost consumers more. There is absolutely no sugarcoding that this will end up losting more money.
Speaker 1: And this is an ev aid by the way, at all by any means. It's I've always said, like, if I had sort of a perfect garage and the money, my daily commuter would probably be an ev It just makes more sense.
Speaker 4: But you're in a privileged position to make that happen. Exactly, a lot of people can't afford a new car, and if you can, you can't then afford like a Tesla Model White, which is a family car, starts at seventy thousand dollars. I just don't understand how they expect a consumer to go, Okay, well, I was going to buy a RAB four, but now I'm being forced into this thing, which is double the price.
Speaker 1: Well, surely hybrids would meet this kind of these Euro sixty standards right.
Speaker 4: Exactly, And you've seen how much demand there is for those, So I don't know, I think that, and even for a hybrid, if you look at the RAV four that runs on ninety one rong, so that runs on the dirty fuel that we have. I suspect if they do switch to an engine that is capable of these new emission standards, it is going to be more expensive, and that car is ready feel gone up in price anyway.
Speaker 1: But wait times as well, because I know I think Toyota. I read some way at Toyota is slowing down their production as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I just think that it will be interesting to see how this goes.
Speaker 2: For people who are privileged enough.
Speaker 4: To be able to afford a new car and a privileged enough to also be able to afford a more expensive new car because of this, or an electric car, I don't think they'll probably care all that much. But what is coming around the corner is fuel subsidy disappearing and people getting charged per kilometer, And I think also around the corner will be the removal of subsidies for evs. At the moment, there's been a huge groundswell for fleets and people who are in jobs that allow them to have an ovated lease rushing into evs. That we've seen the second hand market tanking for evs because no one wants to buy them secondhand. So I think that once subsidies are removed, you're going to see the real state. And that's what's happening in Europe at the moment. Subsidy is getting removed everywhere and the private consumer is not buying as many of these as they were previously because the subsidies are.
Speaker 2: Gone, So yeah, it'll be interesting to see what happens. And you know, I do feel for the people who can't afford to keep up with all of this stuff because it looks great on paper, but if you go to the average Australian, it's going to end up costing them more.
Speaker 1: I think we'll get better quality fuel, we'll get cleaner fuel, for sure. Obviously, hopefully your raptor will disintegrate and burn down a cliff.
Speaker 4: That will be leaving my hands at a time soon. But I do agree. In the cities, like I used to when our office was sort of near my place, so used to walk to work and the thing I hated the most was walking down Kingsway.
Speaker 2: Walking And I did hate that. That was the first thing I had Jesus.
Speaker 1: It sounded like a fat man squashing grapes. It was just your man, but was slapping away.
Speaker 4: But walking down Kingsway, which is a four lane busy commute into the city, it would be hard to breathe because you had trucks.
Speaker 2: And cars and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I totally agree that we need to be stopping the shit that's spewing out of these cars in city one hundred percent, So totally get it. I just don't know that this is the correct way to be going about it.
Speaker 1: I wonder if, come late this year early next year, if a lot of dealerships will be slashing the price of their cars because they don't want them on the showroom floor in a sense, because what they've got to do is they don't meet Euro sixty standards. They're going to have to somehow comply because it's not really going to affect people who are you know, already driving around in a you know, nineteen ninety two high lux or something like that. They'll just continue doing that. Yeah, they will just continue doing that, but.
Speaker 4: It won't be like overnight, ye near to go sell your car. But if you do want a new car, you're going to have limited options compared to what we have now, and those options that you do get will be more expensive.
Speaker 1: It doesn't feel as bad as it sounds. I just can't imagine that.
Speaker 2: It doesn't right now.
Speaker 4: Yes, just wait until you see the cost increase of these cars. And if you're one of the unfortunate people that buys an ev without home charging, just you see what's happening in the US happen here where you just cannot charge the car.
Speaker 1: What we saw during COVID that people are willing to pay a shitload for above what a car is worth and wait out far longer than what a car is worth waiting for.
Speaker 4: That was when interest rates were nothing. Now with the cost of living, and it's going to take a while to fix this cost of living issue. Even if they reduce interest rates, you still have products that are very expensive. And if you look at what's happening in the States, we spoke about this off air. I was shocked that a meal at McDonald's. So this was literally sausage and ek McMuffin, hash brown and a coffee, two of those, which is what we ordered when we were heading out to do some filming, thirty six Australian dollars.
Speaker 1: Which, by the way, Paul says, that's for two people. Paul actually put all that food between two pieces of bread and ate it like a sandwich.
Speaker 2: There was no one else there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was no one else there.
Speaker 4: But this is what I'm saying. It's that's what's happening in the States at the moment. So you just wait till that happens here here at the moment. Fuel is very cheap. A lot of the stuff we have is very cheap, so, but it's also expensive.
Speaker 1: Like everyone's well starting to Yeah, people are starting to rave on about and starting to catch on about. Hey, forty bucks fifty bucks down at my local Woolworths or whatever. Used to be like half a shop for the week or a quarter of a shop. Now it's just like getting the overnight basics.
Speaker 2: It gets you the dishwasher tablets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and these guys, and by the way, these guys are now pulling in record profits like never before.
Speaker 4: The same with all the electricity companies. Yeah, so everyone's making money.
Speaker 1: Except there's greed there. Yeah. Speaking of the ev market, the Evy game, the successor to the was it. The I eight, which is called the I sixteen was looking promising, It was looking great. It was like we got a glimpse of it, and then things got a bit who hard during COVID tough times, and then they've pulled the pin on the whole project, which we're just looking at this right now. This God, this is a great looking car.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, look, I think so obviously I sixteen is I eight times two. But I think that the I eight is still a sensational car, and I think they're super cheap at the moment of secondhand vehicles, and I just love the look of them. They're really fun to drive, they're fast, they're just cool.
Speaker 1: And whatever happened to them, by the way, because they didn't sell great, they didn't make it. Did they not make many?
Speaker 4: They didn't sell great, But it is I stand by it. It is still great, a great vehicle to buy today because it is just cool.
Speaker 1: It's beautiful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, holds up this I sixteen just takes it to another level. It looks sensational. So basically, the guy that designed it, the design chief for the BMW brand, said that it was another good kept secret. Prior to becoming BMW's design boss, he was the head of design for the M division and he basically was deeply involved in this. And he said that the outside and the inside were totally finished and it was ready to go, but COVID hit and they canceled the project, and he didn't divulge much more detail. But yeah, just such a good looking car, and I do hope that this finally gets another life at some point. But they were basically going to recycle the body, the sort of composite skin that the I eight had, so it didn't need a huge amount of, you know, key architectural changes. So I just think it's a it's a cool looking thing and unfortunately it'll likely never see the light of day.
Speaker 1: The rear looks amazing, like it does look very concepty, but one that they could easily pull off, you know, the I eight. We saw that in the I eight. It was very much what the hell is this? And yeah, they brought it out and it's a it's a fantastic looking car. I've got Yeah, I've got nothing bad to say. The wheels are a crazy call. I'd hope that keep those, you know, like the different orange wheels at the back, at the rear.
Speaker 2: It just looks bloody awesome. Yeah, absolutely awesome.
Speaker 1: What a shame. Yeah. What else got droop fed to us during the week. The R S six GT.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's an interesting one because what Audi is now doing is all of their future cars that have even numbers are going to be electric, and then the odd numbers are going to be not electric. So the RS six is going to become an electric vehicle. So this is the last time you'll see an RS six that is not not sort of fully electric and the GT is basically the sign off for that vehicle. They'll do six hundred and sixty units in total. Australia is going to get about twenty of them, and it has this incredible designs that it just looks absolutely bloody unreal. So in terms of what is different here, so reworked Audi Quatro Sport differential for the rear axle to make it a little bit more agile and rear biased, a new coil over suspension tune. We don't know pricing just yet for Australia, but basically they're saying that it's got a higher spring rate, triple adjustable dampers, stiffer stabilizers so it's going to be bloody firm, and then ride heights being lowered. So they've just gone to absolute town on this.
Speaker 1: The artwork kind of looks great too. I've got nothing bad to say about how this car looks. It Just the speaker system in it just pops everything. The wheels look at that.
Speaker 2: It is a stunner of a thing.
Speaker 4: So yeah, look, I still think this is one of the best cars on the market today in terms of just an overall performance daily driver. You can drive this daily and then when you want to just unleash it, it unleashes like it is. It is such a good car. So yeah, I'm a big fan of them.
Speaker 1: Lexus GX. Should we talk let's talk it speaking of good looking cars. Wow, we the Lexus GX.
Speaker 2: So let me give you just a bit of a background on this car.
Speaker 1: Tell me a little bit about the background. Power way, tell me a little bit about it.
Speaker 4: So this vehicle sits on a platform called TNGA dash F. Now, the reason that's important is because the three hundred series land Cruise that sits on the same platform, so does the Lexus lex. So the big big suv that's shared with the three hundred, now, the new land Cruise a Prato is also on TNGAF. So the complication to that is that all of these vehicles share the same wheelbase. They have slight differences in terms of length, but that's just due to the body design. And it then means that you've got the same vehicle but different pricing points. So the reason that's a bit of a complication is that the land Cruise a Prito, which was always under the bigger big boy land Creuse are in terms of pricing and engines, et cetera, is now the same vehicle with the exception of the engine.
Speaker 2: And because you.
Speaker 4: Now have to have four of these, you've got to have a land Cruise, a Prito, a GX which is the land cruise, a Prato alternative, then.
Speaker 2: A three hundred.
Speaker 4: Three hundred series, and then alexis Lex, yes, which is top t You have to have enough differentia between them so that you can actually provide value because the guy that buying a three hundred series doesn't want the guy in the Prado with a V six diesel as well, because why would you spend an extra fifty grand and a three hundred series.
Speaker 1: Now I said to you before, I was like, so what's the difference between the GX and the Alex and you gave me a very sly level. Then I pulled my pants up.
Speaker 2: So here's here's the issue.
Speaker 4: Right, So this uses the same twin turbo V six petrol engine that's in the Lex, except it's detuned.
Speaker 1: Right and so, and then by the way they've taken the V eight now is gone right.
Speaker 4: And a bit of background to the GX. This was available I think for three generations in the US, and the last generation of this was a V eight petrol, so look the same as a Prato pretty much, but it had a V eight petrol as opposed to the POxy four cylinder diesel. It's in the Prato, which it will then carry over into this next generation, which is just comical.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: So yeah, the GX is I think probably the best value you're going to get in terms of luxury, off road, K capable, and punchy, so it's got all of those things.
Speaker 1: Still get the V six twin turbo.
Speaker 4: It's not huge money, so we don't know pricing just yet, but it'll likely kick off at around one hundred and ten thousand before on roads. It's going to come in three specs, so it's going to be Luxury, overtrail and sports. Luxury overtrail is my favorite. So this is basically their off road focused version, comes with all terrains. It's got a very sort of aggressive off road. Look, there's a color there that's very reminiscent of Sandy Torp, which is the seventy series Hero color.
Speaker 1: I think that's the one they're peddling in all media at the moment too. That's their big media car.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they've even thought about stuff. So you've got integrated TOBAR with brake controllers that comes standard from the factory. Down in front of the overtrailer, you've got a section that can be removed to install stuff like a winch. They've thought about modification because in the States the GX is heavily modified by people for off road driving, so they wanted to give you one straight out of the box. Comes with EKDSS, which is a new version of KDSS that's electronic controlled, which gives you really good wheel articulation.
Speaker 2: So on paper, it's great in terms of the way that it drives.
Speaker 4: We had a chance to drive this across some of the roads in just outside Tucson, and not many corners, so I can't really comment on how it handles. But the engine is fantastic in a straight line. It's got plenty of punch. The interior really nice luxury appointments. Looks different to typical Lexus a lot of straight lines.
Speaker 1: Very boxy, isn't it. And I don't have a problem with that at all. I think that was my main problem with Lexus in the past. I remember when you asked me once what do you think of Lexus in general? And I said, it just feels like an old man chucking the golf clubs in the back of the car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's changed now. They're really trying to bring that down.
Speaker 1: I think they've achieved that with this too. I think they really have it. It's boxy, it's there is nothing swoopy that's been carried over from the past, previous models. This is it's a beautiful looking car, and it's still it's still kind of meaty, you know, it's still aggressive, and it does have that off road stance about it. It looks like it could still go anywhere. My question is this is a lot of these four wheel drives go it's a great off road, and they're a bit sort of firm or whatever on road or vice versa. How's this one going like as an off road and on road like package.
Speaker 4: Well, they've got anti roll bars which can be disconnected when it's off road automatically. But this overtrail also gets adaptive damping, and so does the top speck. The entry level on twenties, I thought road, Well, the top speck is on twenty two, so I don't know what that's like. We didn't get a chance to drive that, but yeah, look for and the other complication again is the roads were quite smooth where we were. I really need to see this in Australia to see what it's like. But it did have a couple of negatives though, So that has the same issue that the Rounded series has, which is the second road doesn't slide, which means you don't really get the opportunity to give you third row much room, and as a result of that, it's not a great spot for adults. You also can't get the overtrail in seven seats. They do a six seat configuration as well, which again you can't do. The other thing as well is that this comes with a four thousand kilo brake towing capacity. In the States, the overtrail, we won't get that in Australia. I don't think they'll probably bump that down to thirty five hundred. So yeah, there's just a couple of sort of odd, sort of little bits and pieces there. But for the most part, this is actually a fantastic vehicle and I'm just really excited to see it here. From what I can see, it is going to be sold out for a couple of years as soon as they launch. So if you are actually interested in one of these, I'd be going down and putting your money down.
Speaker 1: Lexus is predicted.
Speaker 2: We interviewed the boss of Lexus and he goes, they're predicting twenty percent of their sales volume is going to be overtrail. I'm like, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I think it's going to be more like eighty percent, which means they would have forward planned two or three years ago to order only twenty percent of the allocation and overtrail. And if most people are going to be buying that, it's going to be sold out virtually straight away.
Speaker 1: That could be a deliberate he could be underselling that deliberately.
Speaker 4: I do hope so, because I think this will be incredibly popular and they're just going to have that issue where it sells out because the problem they have with the Prado, they're only launching that with a carryover effectively two point eight leader diesel, and that thing is fairly gutless. In the Pridor at the moment, this will be heavier and they're putting the same engine in it, So I think everyone's going to be rushing in to get this as opposed to the Prato. If towing and that sort of stuff is important.
Speaker 1: To them, they've got plastic side steps on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: See the concept had rock sliders, which looked unreal. I have a feeling rock sliders will be available as an option because they have a lot of accessories you can get with this. And I did notice those plastic side steps out very cheap.
Speaker 1: The Raptor's got like a metal ye a black metal right, Ye. That would be better off doing that.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It does look good though, doesn't it. Those those sign marrias are almost a little bit FJ cruise, Yeah, exactly, square sort of things.
Speaker 2: Can I just also ask for your opinion on this?
Speaker 1: Actually yeah, I would put that away. There's probably a cream for that. I'd go see a doctor soon. Did you get that off, Donner? What's that?
Speaker 2: I'll say it's similar in color?
Speaker 1: Oh God Jesus.
Speaker 4: But what do you think about my cowboy hat which I got in in Scottsdale, fitted for my head and accessorized for my head.
Speaker 2: Do you think I'd be okay wearing that in public?
Speaker 1: And many men did? You? Fuck? So, give give us another look. We're going to put that on. We're putting that up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's broad back mountain ball.
Speaker 1: Did you actually buy that? And has your wife seen that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: She loves it? Does she? Well she saw it last night. It was the only thing I was wearing.
Speaker 1: Did she get the last sue out?
Speaker 4: I don't know what that means, but yeah, yeah, yeah, in Scott style, the mini Lau.
Speaker 2: That everyone was wearing. So I brought it back with me.
Speaker 1: Did you did you? You drive the g X with that?
Speaker 2: Yes, ma'am.
Speaker 1: Let's just pitch your pool right now. It is a little cowboy hard donna next to him, wheel drive, smells like a steak and seats burty bad roll you Mirrow. Speaking of cool stuff, watch out a little paper, A little package for you here, and a lot of it's illegal, so please don't talk about this the smoking stuff on on the air. But a little little little package from our good friends at Machines. Plus. We got some stickers. Yeah, yeah, we.
Speaker 2: Got some stick while on the raptor Yeah.
Speaker 1: Cups.
Speaker 2: Oh nice T shirt as well.
Speaker 1: Your T shirt there you go, triple extra large moo moo size just for you.
Speaker 2: I like that. But look at Theseus has been a busy boy.
Speaker 1: Gus has been a busy boy, Big ups to Gussie machines.
Speaker 2: Plus these cups look amazing. Yeah that oh black and white guys.
Speaker 1: So there's two there, ones for the Sydney Car Expert Office, the other ones for the Melbourne one. Put next to you go cutting trophies or whatever the fuck you want.
Speaker 2: To clear some room. I've got quite a few of those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there's such big achievements.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's got to take a win review you can in between getting sued.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so that's that's our latest stuff from machines plots.
Speaker 2: Are we giving some of this away?
Speaker 1: I reckon, we give some away? And there's something I want to talk to you about off are okay? Should we read some questions? Yeah, let's do it. Oh you know what I was going to say. I've been so bloody busy. I haven't driven anything. I did sort of spend a couple of days in the ConA Hybrid just out of interest. It was pretty fun. But I did. I did spend some time in seventy nine series actually expect out.
Speaker 2: Oh it's actually got some accessories.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh that's got a pie warmer in there. You love that.
Speaker 2: It's actually got the fridge.
Speaker 1: It's got the shelving unit. It's got the I think it's called a Dahady pop up tent up the top.
Speaker 2: It's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is nice. That's wild, isn't it. It's just very nice those dirty life rooms to the big wheels on it. I like the color too, Yeah yeah, same, that sort of silvery gun metal gray ericons the sweet spot.
Speaker 2: Mind you you can't go past a sandy talk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. Probably needs the The front grill is going to be redone on that too, like the but I.
Speaker 2: Don't hate that.
Speaker 1: Nah.
Speaker 2: I don't know about the crime though.
Speaker 1: Nah. Well that's good that that particular one's getting that ripped off and something brand new. Who was it? That's that's the good people that ignite h Q. Oh yeah, you're looking at the new spokesperson.
Speaker 2: Good for they.
Speaker 1: We should read some questions. Oh here we go, all right, some some have come through. Where's the sponsors? Well this comes from Intrigues Coop. Where's the sponsors? Well, if you want to sponsor the show, feel free. We're looking into it. Yeah, we're looking into it. Look in all honesty, I can't be but like a lot of people want to talk to us about this.
Speaker 2: He had some trademark lawyers who wanted to sponsor the show.
Speaker 1: That's true. That's true. How much money was spent with them? Yes, by the way, there's another podcast out there with a very similar name. If you'd like to buyers. We're clearly putting out a better product than you. Will Trevor ever come back? No, No, he won't, no fucking way, if I have anything to do with it, he will be back. Yes, he got off. Do you know what, though, he'll be back in the sense that like we'll rock up to record one of these and he'll be Holy guys, there's money.
Speaker 5: I've just come back from CCS and the complain and bloody poling or.
Speaker 1: What did he show off the other day? Something ridiculous? Do you know what I want to ask Trevor about the artist who we've spoken about before? Will I Am? Was that? That is it cs CSC Yes, and launched an app and it's I can't remember what it's called. It's called like drivers sound, which, by the way, will I Am Drivers We own that word, so what will be fucking yeah?
Speaker 2: And someone owns the other word, Yeah, someone owns the word word.
Speaker 1: So it's basically it's an app and they did it in the Mercedes EV And the way you drive kind of collaborate, like talks to the sound of the car, not like engine and stuff. It's like dance music or whatever. Will go like if you're turning a corner real really quickly when you accelerate out like.
Speaker 2: It's this sounds very annoying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so this one this question. If you had to pick one car to drive for the rest of your life, what would it be? I'll drive the you go? What would you drive? No, you go? What would you drive?
Speaker 2: Just leave the jokes to me Champ?
Speaker 1: Sorry, of course, good question.
Speaker 4: I reckon an RS six an R It would just be the ultimate. It's good for family, good for going fast, and just good for all sorts of fun stuff.
Speaker 1: Is that the wagon?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? When are the Epps going up on YouTube? Slash you porn? Wow? We do need to start checking these up on YouTube to be honest. It's got to happen. It's just made it just fucking time. What do you people think I do.
Speaker 2: Just social media? Got to do it?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that guy? What are the best cars you've driven that immediately made you want to buy one?
Speaker 2: I bought two. The Supra. I drove that and I thought I want to buy one, and then the Raptor as well, drive that, and thought, yeah, I'm going to buy one.
Speaker 1: Actually, you didn't even drive the model the model, y you just bought that, correct? Yeah, that was for my wife pretty much. Yeah, G two three rs. But then I realized I couldn't buy one. Yeah, if that means the mission laws, what's that? Yeah, I wonder if that falls under specific sports cars like niche sports cars. Okay, yeah, if you had to pick one car to drive for the rest of your life, yeah, fuck, I'd probably just pick an old nine to eleven. Yeah. We had a lot of requests for people to bring your stalker on the pod. Which one, Well, Donna, this one is the one that I fucking love this.
Speaker 5: Ah, this is so good that Paul Marinarus source Marrick flog by the way, look, I know this is a guy that's been giving you a ship, but credit where credits due, Marinara Sauce.
Speaker 1: Marrick is one of the funniest I've heard.
Speaker 3: And his little pussy hum a drag queen chariot. That's so good. Did you see where's the King of the Belenz Peeni Paul should be pussy Paul.
Speaker 4: But anyway, but then I did google his name, yeah, her name, and did you see what came up?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: God, let me show you.
Speaker 1: In the meantime, I'm going to read this out. So someone's been, someone's been what do you call it? Hating on you, patrol or whatever? So where's that Paul Marinara Marck flog in his little pussy hummer drag queen chariot give us a kiss? Love? And then where's the king of balleens Peenie Paul bagtorship Canning Toyota? Again? Are we you stay snuggled up with your man in your butt plug raptor? I've always said that car probably needs a bonus butt plug? Uh? Where where's fist and Marrick, biggest fucking crook liar under the sun bed. He's in his homo raptor playing doctors and nurses with qui. Okay, this guy is proper. What is it with him and gay people? Oh Jesus Christ, he looks destest ship. Oh my god, it's a woman. It's a man turned woman. Can I talk about this? Okay? So how bearded overweight Matthew Avery din became a beautiful, full blonde Sona. So the guy, oh okay, so the guy who's been rubbishing Marinara Marrick over here and saying all this like, go back in your home, ohammer Is was a beautiful bearded man with some sort of hobo and he was slash.
Speaker 2: She became beautiful.
Speaker 1: Well, hang on, I would say that beard is beautiful. It's lovely. So he had quite a bushy, fucking pew patch going on, and then he became a beautiful blonde called Sona. And I tell you what, not half bad. I'd go, eh, I know you would, you definitely would. You'd wear the cowboy hat for her. Sure, Holy Jesus, he's made quite the transformation, hasn't he.
Speaker 2: I'm fairly certain that that is the same person. So there you go.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you why, Sona, Matthew whatever, reach out and I'll send you some driver's show merchant and naked photo of Pavlo and his address.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That was that. What a fun episode. Yeah, it was serious and it was sort of It was very serious. This is what happens when I do research. Not a good idea. So Trevor is probably going to be on the next one. We're working on a few things. And by the way, there is a merch drop. It is going to happen. I know we're going to be getting any where. We're talking air freshners. Now we're talking t shirts. Let's talk off air, because I want to know what you I've got an idea about this situation. I just just want to run it past you. If not, we'll just fucking give.
Speaker 4: Away many who get in touch with us. Yeah, and if you're listening to this, we would love it if you can. Obviously not while you're driving, but set yourself a mental reminder and say, you know, hey, Siri, remind me to leave a rating for the Driver's Show. Leave a five star rating that please, because it would massively help us. That would be amazing if you could do that. And if you do have any questions, contact at the Drivers Show dot com today you we'll hit us up.
Speaker 1: On the I g Yeah, there you go, let us there you go. You're getting better with that. It used to be hit us up on the social media. Guys. He's getting caught on now he's got his fucking heart. Give us your hang on. I'm gonna put some I'm gonna put some Canyon Arrow music going on. Let me hear your let me hear your Cowboy.
Speaker 2: Audi, Gordy.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening, because that'll throw the scent of the gay trail can row