Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reload the podcast last week. Alight, Welcome back to TV Reload. My name's Benjamin Norris and on this podcast I go behind the scenes with the biggest players in television. Each episode you will get a front row seat with content makers like executive producers, writers, editors and casting agents, plus the talent that we see on our screens. TV Reload reloads the shows that you are currently watching and gives you a better insight at our television industry and streaming services today. On the podcast, I have Rebecca Maloglu who has popped in to celebrate the finale of Neighbors, which will be screened across Australia tonight at seven point thirty on Channel ten. After thirty seven years, the show will come to a fitting end, with caste old and new being a part of this massive television event. Rebecca has been a part of the soap for the last ten years and while it's unknown how her character Terraise Willis will be seen in tonight's send off, one thing is for sure. Her character will be remembered for years to come. Fans are excited to see the likes of Kylie Minogue, Jason Donovan back on Ramsey Street tonight, and Beck is here to tell us what that final moment was like on the set, what Guy Pierce said to her on the last day, who still has her starstruck, and where she will be for the finale tonight. However, let's get started with today's guest. I'd like to welcome Rebecca Emma Longlou to TV Reload.
Speaker 2: The tissues will be around and the champagne will be flowing.
Speaker 1: The Neighbor's Finale.
Speaker 2: They might bring it back in some sort of different format. All these people live their lives right here before us. The fans would have absolutely loved it.
Speaker 1: It's our last episode ever.
Speaker 2: And you know what, you're the first person that's actually asked that. All right, lead back to Ramsey Street. Is that what mist misted do at six thirty?
Speaker 1: No? You know, Rebecca, how are you? Hi?
Speaker 2: I'm good, how are you? Thanks for having me?
Speaker 1: What a remarkable part of Australian history. To be a part of this Neighbor's Finale.
Speaker 2: It's amazing, it really is, and it's just been it's been such a rollercoaster, you know, coming to this. It's just been huge and a little bit into denial, still maybe hoping that someone will sweep in and save us. But but look, it's just been huge, and I'm just grateful that I'm a part of the end and it's just going to be amazing. And tonight's Tonight's going to be I've got I've got all the cast and some of the directors and producers coming up to my place to watch the final episode. So the tissues will be around and the champagne will be flowing.
Speaker 1: Oh good lord, you'll be probably still awake tomorrow at this time, still drinking. What was the set like on the last day of filming for you with your character?
Speaker 2: Oh, look, it was huge. It was amazing. Pretty much all the cast room the final scene and all our family and friends were invited to watch it. And it was just beautiful. It was just and it was done so well. Adam Nole, our first assistant director, he handled it really well, and you know, just the timing of it, it almost he almost there made it sort of happen that it wasn't like, oh that's a wrap and we're all in tears. You know, they did it really beautifully and we all had a glass of champagne that the lovely Margot Robbie gave us and I thought that was really really sweet, and then we went to the pub across the road and got really drunk, so.
Speaker 1: You know, elastous, I didn't you know? My mum asked me after I was there on the set of Neighbors, just as the week you know, it was rapping and all she wanted to know what was happening with you and Paul. That was it. She didn't want to know whether Scott and Charlene was back. That was the only thing that she wanted to know. And I could tell her nothing. Obviously I signed an NDA. But isn't it amazing or isn't it a thrill to know that people have been so invested in you and your story on the show.
Speaker 2: It's wonderful. And you know, I was watching the show last night with my my husband and my mom who's down visiting, and my son, and you know, I was almost in every second scene, and I think it was my husband or that turned around and went, my god, you're in the last second, last night of the show, and it's all about you and Paul and you break out with Glenn and blah blah blah, blah, and you know, and we still don't know what's going to happen. Night will reveal all. It's just special and it's just wonderful being a part of part of the finale.
Speaker 1: One thing I wanted to ask you was there's been a bit of a reunion of sorts for you on the set of Neighbors with Guy Peers.
Speaker 2: Yes, I did. And you know what, you're the first person that's actually.
Speaker 1: Asked that because you both work together on Home and Away. You actually had a baby on Home and Away, So this is a fairly unusual reunion for you now on the set of Neighbors.
Speaker 2: And it's really interesting because I said to our producer a few weeks and I said, you know, you realize that you didn't write any scenes with Guy and myself. Actually Guy said it to me, He said, we should have been in a scene together because the fans would have absolutely loved it.
Speaker 1: How amazing that these actors all came back, like I can't think of any show in the world that's had a finale like this where they know people as big as Kylie Minogue or you know, Margot Robbie sent thirty seven bottles of champagne which is just class Like.
Speaker 2: I know, isn't gorgeous. I know, look it's been it's been amazing, it really is. And tonight everyone's going to get a real Yeah, it's going to be really lovely. Everyone's going to love it.
Speaker 1: What is your first memory of Paul Robinson.
Speaker 2: I'll have to admit I had never watched Neighbors before I got the role of Terse Willis, which is a bit embarrassing. But I've said this before. You know, even if you've never watched the show, Neighbors has always been a show that's always you know, it's it's so iconic. It's always been in the background of everyone's So I knew who Paul Robinson was. I knew who Kennedy's were, Toady, I knew of Lassiter's, I knew Ramsey Street Erinsbrough. You know, even if you've never watched the show, it's always been there. I was still quite starstruck meeting everybody, and to this day, I still get nervous when I do scenes with Jackie and Fletch and Ryan. Not with Stefan though, because we've worked so class to be together. But he was just, you know, I was so blessed to be given the opportunity to do the ten years and work so closely with Stephan. You know, it was just a a dream job really working with him, and we just worked so well and knew each other so well.
Speaker 1: I was very lucky, you know, with all of the returning faces and so much pressure for this to have a moment. Do you think that Neighbors End will satisfy fans?
Speaker 2: Oh? Look, I really do, you know. I think Jason Herbson are executive producer, and you know, his writing team and the producers. I think they have done a really beautiful job of wrapping it all up and tying off loose ends. And you know, we've got a lot of old faces, we've got you know, new fa We've got you know, a lot going on. But you will find in tonight's show that it's Look, I haven't seen it, but from what I read from script and from the scenes that I was in, it's it's been done really really well and beautifully and you know, possibly left open for you know, who knows what could happen in the future, But no, it's they've done a great job and I think everyone's going to really love it. And I think a lot of people that haven't even watched the show before will definitely be tuning in tonight just out of interest. You know, it'll be nice.
Speaker 1: I think it's been very un Australian not to be watching Neighbors tonight. So I'm just going to put that out there for listening to this. You mentioned then that you know it leaves itself open. Do you think it is the last that we'll ever see of Neighbors? And do you think that there are the possibilities of maybe doing like small telemovies or dipping back into Ramsey Street.
Speaker 2: Look, I really do hope. So I really do hope. So it's funny because people keep making comments going I just said to I just saw Sepan in the corridor just then, and you know, we're back at the studio is today doing a whole lot of press and we haven't been here since, you know, we finished on the tenth of June. And I just saw him and he was just leaving, and I said, oh, this is the last time I'm going to see each other in the building. And then someone went, oh, you don't know that with a wink in there, and I'm like, what is it? And people keep doing that, and my producer keeps going, oh, you never know, and I'm like, and I know, look, the show's ended, you know, sets being pulled down, and you know, but I still help thinking that this has been a really sick joke and a way to get fans tune in. And I don't know saying the show somehow. I know it's crazy, and you know it's not going to happen, but I don't know. Who knows. They might bring it back in some sort of different format, maybe the Terre's and Paul spin off show.
Speaker 1: I know my mom is definitely up for it. She was like a die hard fan. So you've got some already in the audience.
Speaker 2: Ah, well, tell her a big high for me. You know what. My mom's down visiting from New South Wales and my mum is a massive fan. She said, what am I supposed to do at six thirty? Now? You know she's a massive fan. She wouldn't even answer the phone if I was calling while the show was on, So my mom's the same.
Speaker 1: You know, there's so many people that will be checking in to see what you're up to. For the last day. We know that you'll be having your own little wrap party. But if you've got a message for people around the world, especially in the UK, for the people who supported Neighbors the whole way through through it's run over the thirty seven.
Speaker 2: Years, thank you for sticking with us, and you know, you guys are what makes the show really and the outpouring of love I have to say, since we heard the news that we're finishing up was so heartwarming and so beautiful. It really, you know me personally helped me get through the last sort of six months and it's been really beautiful. So yeah, just thank you, thank you, and hang in there. There'll be another show out there that you'll all love just as much, well as much.
Speaker 1: And then what is your favorite neighbor's moment? What is your favorite neighbor's moment for yourself or throughout you know watching the show.
Speaker 2: Look, you know, I could say storylines or working with people, and of course that goes without saying, you know, working with amazing people, not just cast but crew. But for me, I have to say probably the highlight of working on the show was going up to Sydney with all the cast and we had the Neighbors float at the Gay the Sydney Gay Martograph I have to say that was the highlight of the best night of my life besides probably you know, obviously my wedding night and my wedding. At my wedding and giving birth to my child. Actually, no, that was horrendous, forget. Besides that, that march that we did at the marta gra on the Neighbor's float was just wonderful and I've never been prouder prouder of working on neighbors as I was there.
Speaker 1: Everyone who joins the podcast gets this question, regardless of what show, What's something from behind the scenes, something that we didn't see that we won't see that is kind of a behind the scene secret, something from your time working on neighbors, or.
Speaker 2: Just how cold it is. Maybe in the you know it's always summer, it's always summer at Erinsburg. The actual factor is that we're out there in the middle of Melbourne winter, freezing our butts off and in you know, clothes that are built for summer. So you know that that's something that's not really secret, though, is it.
Speaker 1: In the UK, they loved Neighbors so much because it's dark at four o'clock for them and they would love to watch neighbors because they'd be like, people are in the pool. People it looked sunny, and I'd always say to, you know, people from the UK, I'd be like, guys in the middle of Melbourne winter, no one's going anywhere near a pool.
Speaker 2: Well there is a pool.
Speaker 1: No one wants to get into the pool in another wadding ever, no thank you or in Vermont's out. Can I just say thank you so much for taking the time on the last day. You must be so busy. I just want you to really enjoy it today and celebrate neighbors because you've just been such a fantastic part of it. So congratulations.
Speaker 2: Look it's been it's been amazing, it really is. And tonight you know everyone's going to get it real. Yeah, it's going to be really lovely. Everyone's going to love it.