Speaker 1: Here at Two Good Sports, we would like to acknowledge the traditional owners of the land on which we record this podcast. There were injurie people, this land was never seated, always was always will be.
Speaker 2: Well. Hi there, I'm Georgia Tani.
Speaker 1: You're listening to two Good sports and sports news told differently and jelm me on a level of one to unhinged.
Speaker 2: Where are we this week? I mean we're really off the scale.
Speaker 3: You don't want to know how the chat's been going before we've gone to wear We've cried, we've laughed, Georgie.
Speaker 2: On my spell off her chair.
Speaker 3: But I'm so excited to bring to you my good sport of the week. Because excited, My good sport of the week is Tom Cruise. Because, dear listener, if you happen to miss this, I don't know where you've been.
Speaker 2: You've been under a rock.
Speaker 3: But Georgie flew to Japan to interview Tom Cruise, Yes, and somehow made it about sport because she showed the greatest action actor of the modern era, nay of all time, a video of herself running.
Speaker 2: Where did your brain? Where does your brain go?
Speaker 1: I actually thought that he would be impressed, but there was part of me that I was like, this is going to do so well. It's funny, it's carefree, it's nonchalant. And then I started filming myself running and I thought, wait a second, have I been gaslighting myself my whole life?
Speaker 2: You know? Maybe I'm okay at running.
Speaker 3: So to set up the scene, Georgie's taken down the footpath in Elwood and has got her fiance Rob to jog along to get the action at the arms. It's very iconic, Tom Cruise, That's all I had to do. So this is what Tom had to say to said video ready, nicely done.
Speaker 1: Actually don't I saw recently Glenn Power, one of your custmates and friends from Top Gun. That's right, so that you gave him advice that you've got to film yourself when you're running because you're never as cool as you think you're not.
Speaker 2: My training has begun, mister. The last of the audience seeing about ut.
Speaker 1: Very nice and stuff.
Speaker 2: How do we run? Like Tom Cruise? What do I what do we need to do? What's the process?
Speaker 3: Really, he's got the expression I'm just I'm just gonna leave it there. You'll have to go and watch the cliff to find out how to run like Tom Cruise, but for somebody who can tell has done a lot of media in his life.
Speaker 2: I reckon.
Speaker 3: He was like, this, isn't you a girl in a Taylor Swift top and some faded.
Speaker 2: Bike shorts showing me what's up?
Speaker 1: I remember when I was a full disclosure team, when I was heading over to Japan, I had told Jelmy my plans to film myself running and I said, what do you think he's going to make of this incredible vision of me essentially just recreating Usain Bolt's career, You know, like, what do you think he's going to think? And Gelmy goes, you could have at least want a.
Speaker 2: Matching at leisure. What were you doing?
Speaker 3: I think Lemon would support your quests, that's all, or you should support your own quest and body parts wearing something appropriate. But it was also I didn't even have to see that you're wearing a Tailor Swift shirt to know that's what you would have been wearing.
Speaker 2: In terms of oh, how good was how good was the review? Though? Oh yeah, look at you with the arms, with the stepping like no one's ever run before.
Speaker 3: But again, I wonder if Matt Shervington, I E one of the fastest men our countries ever produced, who went for Sunrise decided to show a video of himself running.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I think we all know who would be more impressive.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the video that would be most memorable this guy, this guy.
Speaker 3: But also you now have what I would call a friendship now with Tom Cruise. You've got met several times and he's like, hey, George, you nice to see you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's very, very lovely.
Speaker 1: He remembered who I was, of course he did, And I think that that now allows me to say he's a friend of the pod, friend of the pod.
Speaker 3: Sports love sport, he's a good sport. Next time we could probably get him to say that. But sure, it was on the intro for the rest of the time.
Speaker 2: I think it was implied. I think it was implied.
Speaker 1: Look, it was one of those pinch me moments of your career that you're just like.
Speaker 2: Wow, I'm doing what in Japan? In Japan?
Speaker 1: In Japan, And it was very very it was a wonderful chat. We got ten minutes. You know how junkets work, and it's literally I'm talking to Tom Cruise.
Speaker 2: But I've also got.
Speaker 1: One eye on the fifteen stuff that are just off into the corner that are there giving me Dicky Wilson's.
Speaker 3: About to bust through the door and ask the same question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to be like, let me in, let me in.
Speaker 1: There was a lovely Japanese man who was on the floor with a card that just said times up, trying to like get in, and I was like, yeah, noticed it, but Tom was still talking, so I was like, I'm not wrapping Tom Cruise, and then like Tom, No, one one raps Tom Cruise. So then Tom Cruise is talking for another like five minutes, and then the poor man just extends the arm even further, times up, times up again, and then in something that will actually live rent free in my mind for the rest of my life, Tom Cruise goes, No, don't worry about that.
Speaker 2: We'll just keep going Tom.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Friend of the Pod, this one's weekly. If you want to come on for five, we can discuss more running techniques.
Speaker 1: We so can, we so can very kind of you to put me as your good sport jelmy bad technique. Potentially we will let the listeners go find the video and decide whether I'm not you on the good sport. I'm getting an insight into why I thought that he would be impressed with me.
Speaker 2: I was like, so wonderful to be the good sport you weren't. What What's I not?
Speaker 3: No, you are, and it's the reason why they are so lucky to have you and they send you on those junkers because your brain just goes to places that genuinely can get an ernest shocked response out of the biggest stars in the world because no one else thinks to do things that way. And that's why we absolutely love you. But of course it had to be my good sport hit me.
Speaker 1: I have a good sport as well, and it comes from our other friends of the pod, the Daily Os. Oh, they have just released a story. I mean, this is a mixture of a good sport and a bad sport. Bad sport the number of ACL injuries that we are seeing from our female athletes, in particular Sam Kerk Mary Fowler, which have.
Speaker 2: Personally affected us.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know, wake up multiple days of our lives get these injuries. So what the Daily Os is reporting is that there is going to be a new study conducted at a university in London that is going to help determine whether or not a menstrual cycle is a contributing factor to ACL injuries. What when it comes to female athletes?
Speaker 2: What yeah, yeah, so at.
Speaker 1: The moment, research shows that women are up to eight times more likely to sustain an ACL injury than men.
Speaker 2: Isn't that wild? And so they're trying to figure out exactly what to do. Is getting your period? That's what they're going to find out, according to them, and that just that men are conditioned Like let's like, don'm me wrong.
Speaker 3: We women's sport as much as the next podcast i e. A lot more than the next pot color, but men are physically more conditioned to endure more stress on their bodies than what women.
Speaker 1: Are generally and have we then therefore caterd a women's training program to be different enough for that to be able to compensate for that, I'm not sure. So obviously that's going to be part of it. But then there's just so many, the sheer volume of acls that we're seeing, everything needs to be investigated.
Speaker 2: The researcher going to do like.
Speaker 3: Have a week, hope everyone sinks, and not roster a game for a week.
Speaker 2: They can analyze everything. Well, the researcher.
Speaker 1: The head researcher, doctor Simon Augusta, said, we know hormones.
Speaker 2: This is legit, This is legit.
Speaker 1: We know hormones fluctuate during different phases of the cycle. Yes, but we don't yet know how much of an influence that may have on the risk of injury. So it all could be linked, is what I'm saying. So my good sport, because it's nice that there is an actual interest in women's health.
Speaker 2: And if we find this to be the case, what are you meant to do about it?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know, but it could be a different It could be a case of you know how people taper and loading and that kind of thing. It may be just tweaking training regimes around that time. I'm not exactly sure how it will help in terms of a game situation.
Speaker 3: You look at the date of the Olympics and you're like, God, damn it, damn it.
Speaker 2: Again, damn it again.
Speaker 1: But there'll be ways in which you could maybe alter what you have been doing so you can avoid such a serious injury.
Speaker 3: We have seen an incredible uptick of acls and particularly women's sports, but that can also be put down to the fact that there a lot of them are semi professional athletes as well. Yes, because they're not paid enough that they can't have the same training. They also don't have the same recovery available to them in terms of physio massage and cool downs and all those sort of things that we know that the male athletes have. Yes, and for a lot of the times, these male athletes have been training at quite an elite level from their late teens, whereas the women, they've ducked in and ducked out and gone and got degrees.
Speaker 2: And because we have to write, yeah, you can't. It's not enough.
Speaker 1: It's not enough just to want to be a full time athlete.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, for so many of our I also good sport. On the back of your good sport, Sam, curse a mom.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, we should have led with this, so sorry, get on the bench.
Speaker 2: Dagam ewers Kerr is here. I know.
Speaker 3: Yes, if ever, you've backed your kidd in to be a rock star. Jack of ewers Kurve, it's a pretty good name.
Speaker 2: Who's he playing for? Oh oh yeah.
Speaker 1: J yeah. Because of course Sam's partner wife fiance is an American representative.
Speaker 2: Who played literally in the Olympics. Yeah, yeah, we claim Yeah, it has to be Australia, so sorry to be.
Speaker 3: Whichever parent has finished higher in the ballon door gets to claim the child for they.
Speaker 2: We thank goodness for that. There we go.
Speaker 1: Also, you know what we're solving on this episode today, Jelmy, we are going to be with the power given to our authoritative voice by ourselves. We are going to be grading the expansion clubs are codes because you may know, dear listener, we talk about it at length on this podcast. There's a few different teams that are going to be coming in and maybe out of the competition. So many competitions, not only in Australia but overseas, so we are going to drill down into who's doing things well, who's doing things terribly, who may not survive?
Speaker 2: Welcome to the report card.
Speaker 1: Well, dear listeners, you may remember in very recent podcasts we were talking about the Perth Bears and their introduction to the NRL competition in a few years time, whether or not they will be a success.
Speaker 2: The jury is still out.
Speaker 1: But luckily Gellmy and I we are judge jury executioner today because we are going to go through who was doing well, who was doing shitterly in the overall report card for expansion clubs in this country.
Speaker 2: Where should we begin?
Speaker 3: They've said, twenty twenty seven, twenty twenty eight, We don't know. Yes, it's like I love they announced these big expansions that we saw with the Tazzy Devils that we'll get to that they've got one hundred thousand members, but they don't have a stadium. So there's so many caveats when there are expansion clubs that come into different leagues in But we wanted to talk about the ones we've loved, give a little bit of a riff about how they're doing.
Speaker 2: So, Oh, I'll hang on before we begin.
Speaker 1: I think it is important for us to let the listeners know exactly what criteria we will be judging them on.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Now, I have two thoughts on this overall mark. I think we need to give a mark for just performance overall where they are at as a club. And then I think we have to have an even more important mark of their jerseys. Oh and song and song and where that sits. Okay, now that we are clear on the criteria, let us begin.
Speaker 3: My childhood club, the Frio Dockers, the worst song, the worst song in you try to say heave ho with any sort of gusto.
Speaker 2: It is the Can you please give us a two lines? Please? For people who maybe I don't know, heave ho.
Speaker 3: Hit them real hard, send them down below. Oh free, Oh give them the old heave ho. We are the Frio Dockers. Where the rollers, where the rockers? We're the mighty Frio Dockers. I'm sorry someone has penned that and gone fucking nailed it.
Speaker 2: Better give that to the new club.
Speaker 1: And I tell you what, there was a theme that was already there. Heave Ho, heave Ho, It's off to work we go.
Speaker 2: Why isn't that the theme song? Come on free? Oh I'm given this away free. I have many reasons.
Speaker 3: It's not the color purple sensational that is great performances.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is.
Speaker 3: Why I'm no longer a Freemantle supporter. It is to be a Freemantle supporter is to be in a semi abusive relationship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it is. They show promise and then they never really deliver.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would say, Daniel Gorange, we love you, but you don't know heartache.
Speaker 1: Doers no like you never want a flag never want a flag.
Speaker 3: You can't swim between the flags in Fremantle because there isn't an do what ship has never docked in Fremantle?
Speaker 2: The premiership I have heard them all. Honestly, my childhood was semi abuse. This is how you're raised.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there, and I tried to stick it out and then you move into state and you're like, hang on, I don't need to support a West Australian team anymore.
Speaker 2: Is this what this feels like? Success? I know what is? I must admit I've missed the success of the Richmond I'm ready joined late. I'm really bad with the bad wagon jump, I'm really bad. But no.
Speaker 3: The Prio's best ever finished was twenty thirteen Grand Final.
Speaker 2: Let's not talk about it.
Speaker 1: But I was going for them, just randomly that I was going for them in that Grand Final.
Speaker 2: You and I didn't even know twenty thirteen, twenty three, We didn't know each other. Then, what is how old are we? Twenty three twenty two ish? Yeah, you'd round up with you, babe, join me, round up? You will not aige me premiature.
Speaker 3: Oh god, it was a time any who overall, but overall, Mark, let's do an actual letter grading Freeo doccers.
Speaker 2: Very successful club.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not successful in terms of they haven't achieved the ultimate prize, but they're always up there thereabouts. I feel like they're not necessarily ever that part of the football conversation. Don't you think they're one of those clubs that sort of fades into the background a little bit, especially when you're here in Victoria.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and my prediction is that they will lose a coach by the end of the season.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. Wow, Yeah, I think so so.
Speaker 3: Because he was a role in contract, which was very controversial because they don't usually do that.
Speaker 1: I don't think their performance is just not there, especially this season. There was high hopes for them, high hopes, high hopes, but there was not.
Speaker 2: Okay, so good Jersey, good Jersey, terrible song, horrendous song.
Speaker 1: Okay, ish is where we're at. So I think that is a C plus.
Speaker 2: If we're talking like unigrades, is that a credit, that's a credit? Okay, I'll give them a credit. Yeah, it's a credit. It's a credit. Okay, So free O C plus congratulations. Yeah, welcome Gold Coast Sons.
Speaker 1: Whenever we're talking expansion clubs, we've got to mention the Gold Coast. We'll get to the Titans in the NRL. But with the Suns, I have to say I'm going to put them.
Speaker 2: In at I think they're failing. I reckon they're a d I know they're good this year. I know they're good this year, but what have they done? Their best finish was twelfth? Okay twelfth.
Speaker 1: They've been active since twenty eleven, they've been in this competition.
Speaker 3: Cane Corns has said if they don't make the finals this year, he's going to shave his head like Rory Lobb.
Speaker 2: Oh and put a pattern on the back. Oh, that's how confident he is that they're going to make it.
Speaker 3: They've been leading the ladder at some stage during this season. And if you've got the master chef that is Damien Harwick, you've got to let the man cook. You've got to let it cook. That and they've gone from in their history having dollars as literally what they used to work out of. So the players will be cooking in these shelters. Yes, because the club is his do a doma is Oh, it's the West Australian coming out of Antable. Yeah, it's a temporary demountable that you live out of if you do playing play outwork.
Speaker 2: Oh so sorry, I thought it a stroke. No, it looks like.
Speaker 1: I was like, I could let it go, and then I was like, wait, I have no idea what you're talking.
Speaker 3: No, it's like a temporary shelter, right, yeah, okay and Mack, So they would throw all of these money at and they got a lot of like top end draft picks.
Speaker 2: Yes, and then the draft picks would be like, this isn't Melbourne. Why am I like? And so they'd play a few seasons and then go home. Yes.
Speaker 1: And that talks to a wider issue of the Gold Coast itself as being a hub of sports. I'm going to get to that more on the NRL times when we talked about them.
Speaker 3: But I think if you want to play out of the limelight and in the walls, oh what a time.
Speaker 1: It's a wonderful place. It really is a wonderful place. I think the structures and the systems that they're building now could see them do very very well, and they actually might grow to a B. But right now they are a D. Even though wait, it's the Giants Jersey.
Speaker 2: That you like, isn't it no, they've got the salmon.
Speaker 1: Salmon, the salmon, even though their jersey has improved, because we do like that.
Speaker 3: That is two good sports I'm going to give. I'm going to give them see a c Okay, they're very young.
Speaker 1: Also, your social media is really good, so please don't come for me. Gold Coast Sun, I do, I do applaud you. It's very good, very good. We can't talk about the Gold Coast Suns without talking about the GW West Giants. And I say this because I didn't look at this. So the Gold Coast Suns introduced them to the competition twenty eleven. The Giants twenty twelve. In my mind they were so far apart, so far apart, I know what.
Speaker 2: And also to try to make it in Western Sydney, that is so just rugby Lee Central a huge, huge task. They are a fantastic club.
Speaker 3: They're great to deal with, made it to the twenty nineteen Grand Final, didn't rock up in the twenty nineteen Grand fi procession.
Speaker 2: Allegedly we're there, but I don't remember. And they have strikingly orange jerseys. So cratous song in Australian sport. Agreed, agreed, come out of me plus.
Speaker 3: But I will randomly be walking down the street and go, it's a big, big sound from the West side.
Speaker 2: It's the sound of it. It is exception.
Speaker 1: I have absolutely no notes when it comes to their songs. So their song a triple plus as a club, so I think that they are.
Speaker 2: A bt okay. It's a solid expansion. I don't think you can be higher than a bee without having a flag.
Speaker 1: There's still work to do because every time if you ask a random person, imagine it's like, who do you support? And they go the Giants and it's like this organic thing where they just follow the Giants as a football team. I'm like, what, Like, it still seems like an odd choice.
Speaker 3: It is difficult for them to get fans to go to games, especially when they're like with opening round that they've introduced, like I've been lucky enough to be there, not this year, but the year prior, and watching the lack of fans yes that come out, like they get about fourteen or fifteen thousand, which, to be fair, no one wants to drive out to the showgrounds. No, no, unless you live around the showgrounds, no one wants to try.
Speaker 1: To get to the stadium. It's really cool. I was there for that prelium final with the Bulldogs, yeah, and it was one of the greatest.
Speaker 3: But even like the Sydney Kings when they had Bogat playing and like all these stars, you couldn't get people to go and pack out the stadium because of how hard it is to get there. In Sydney, they're like, yeah, bring your wallet, conrry one hundred bucks for the uber from the city.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think.
Speaker 1: I think for the Giants, they again are building, building building, but they have been building building building for the best part of the last five years.
Speaker 2: The best social media in the country one hundred percent percent. So they are a bee from me, a very very solid bee. Tazzy Devil's coming in hot, coming in. Really, they've got stickers on people's cars already. Without a stadium, they do.
Speaker 3: There's still a caveat that you don't get a team until the government can agree on a stadium. And the AFL's gone, by the way, we need a roof, yes, yes, and the local government's like we have other problems, yeah, And people are rioting about where it's going to be and whether there's infrastructure to allow people to get in and out because that's the thing. You need roads, you need whole systems and networks and buses that.
Speaker 2: They simply don't have. George.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I don't know about like building a house at the moment takes two years.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, How the hell are you sing six month build is going to take six years?
Speaker 2: How are you supposing that you're going to have a stadium.
Speaker 1: Oh and how are you supposing that that stadium is going to come within budget?
Speaker 2: Like it's just surely it cannot. They do have some exceptional leaders at the club.
Speaker 3: They've got Brendan Gale leading the charge, who's obviously such a good operator.
Speaker 2: They do. They have now got a.
Speaker 3: List manager, so they're starting to get those people in place that you feel like there's going to be momentum growing. And if you get good people around a club, good things tend to happen. And there is that unbelievable groundswell of support with one hundred thousand people signing up to be members already.
Speaker 1: Yes, well that's the thing, and I'm so excited for there to be, you know, finally a football team in Tazzi.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, my thoughts on the jersey. I'm not a massive fan, No, it's not a massive.
Speaker 2: If they can build a whole stadium, they can change the Jersey. Yes, yes, but this is my argument.
Speaker 1: Then I'm going to give them a C minus because if the potential there is gigantic, and that's how big it is. Considering how many detractors there are.
Speaker 3: Right now, I'm going, na, Na, you're not even grading George doesn't exist.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, oh great, you need to agree you're on a stadium plan. It's true they don't. They don't have like a beginning of the plan. So we're discrediting them. They're not there yet. They're not there yet. They're not there there, Okay, not they I.
Speaker 3: Love them in concept, yes, but show me something like a brick getting put in the ground going.
Speaker 2: That's where that's going to be.
Speaker 3: Let's move on, NRL talk to me Melbourne Storm. To quote our dear dear friend of the Pod Harry Grant, we had to be good, Yeah, we had to be good because in order to cut through in such a especially where Amy Park is, it's like the epicenter of sport. Yes, as in you can like throw a stone to the demons. There's also Collingwood, there's Richmond, just there. Oh what, there's oz opens.
Speaker 2: On high everything.
Speaker 3: There's a bit of union going on when the Rebels were there, bless them them. And then also like Melbourne victory as well, yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, literally oh and the basketball but literally everything happened.
Speaker 1: They're fighting for any space and by airspace I mean a croak. They're fighting for a croak of whatever is happening. The attention here in Melbourne, the sporting capital of the world. But obviously I can't see them anywhere. I can't grade them anywhere under an A yes, and it's a borderline. Plus they are what happen to be plus solid. This team outperforms every other team almost in every single code, not only in this country but the world. Their professionalism, their coach, their structures, the players, and I know that they have had issues with salary cap.
Speaker 2: We're not going to get into that.
Speaker 1: But as a football team, you cannot do much better than the Melbourne Storm.
Speaker 3: So far, we're like nah, Premiership, no, no, runner up, run up Premiers nineteen ninety nine, twenty twelve, twenty seventeen, twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: And then that's not mentioning whether we're thereabouts. That's right. Oh, they have been so long single finals campaign.
Speaker 1: I can't even remember the last time that they weren't and also fun fact, fun fact, so they came into the competition in ninety ninety seven. My very first game of rugby league that I watched was the nine to nine Grand Final of Storm versus the cent George La Wawa Dragons, and that was my introduction to rugby league and I was like, what is this game? So they did enough on that day. Marcus Bye was a superstar on the ring. You still remember it?
Speaker 2: You didn't do what I did?
Speaker 1: And go, oh the purple one, No, no, but great jersey, great jersey, you're right, purple fantastic jersey.
Speaker 2: With NRL, there's a song. There's not really songs. There's not really songs. It's not the same thing as AFL. They have one.
Speaker 1: I couldn't harm you a word, And I have been in the sheds when they sing.
Speaker 2: It very violent with their songs.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh yes, there's a weally being someonela in the there's like beer flying everywhere, like that's your typical NRL post game celebration.
Speaker 3: It's very if you're in the rooms, you're like, I shouldn't be here, Like I don't feel safe.
Speaker 2: What is why? Why is that been getting assaulted?
Speaker 3: I just don't know what's happening, but it is. It's very like tribal Oh yes, it.
Speaker 2: Really really is.
Speaker 1: It seems like a really nice seguey for me because great teams. We're going to talk to my greatest team and the greatest love of my life of Brisbane Broncos.
Speaker 2: Sorry Rob, sorry Bab, but.
Speaker 1: They at the moment, I mean, technically they are an expansion team.
Speaker 2: I know. I'm just doing a quick little mention here because when I'm.
Speaker 3: Getting through all of that, they were born before the two of us. They're not an expansion Hey, hey.
Speaker 2: They technically are? They technically are.
Speaker 1: I'm giving them a B minus right now because it has been nearly twenty years since I've won a premiership.
Speaker 2: Come on, was I in the Grand Final a few years ago? Yeah, but let's not talk about that. No, you weren't there. I was. I was. I do have a bone to pick with them, though the Grand Funnel wasn't a thing.
Speaker 1: Our jerseys a horrific anyway, be minus be miness to the Broncos BBBBB Gold Coast Titans, introduced into the competition in two thousand and seven, the best that they have done prelim finalists in twenty ten, that was fifteen years ago.
Speaker 2: That's got to be a C.
Speaker 1: It's at least a C minus. I maybe what did I give the Suns a D? It's it's a D plus. Wow, it's a D plus for me.
Speaker 2: Just plus is offensive, just because I just believe it as a D and call it a day. There's no such thing as you can't put a positive on a deep.
Speaker 1: But just because I want them to do so well, and every time that there is a team added to the Gold Cos I want them to do so well because I love the Gold Coast. It's one of my favorite places on this planet. Legitimately, it's just such a tricky one because it is a transient population. It's people that are coming in from interstate. You don't have the rusted on Gold Coast mentality, at least not in gigantic numbers, and that is tricky when you are trying to build all of these teams here and sustain them.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like the same feeling as the Gold Coast Suns in that other teams are getting added and you're like, wait, this one's still growing up. Yeah, yeah, we still need to help this one.
Speaker 2: What do you mean when getting this one in?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they have fantastic facilities. It's an incredible way of life if you're a player. I feel that it is wonderful to be there.
Speaker 2: But no one moves to the Gold Coast and goes are terrible the worst.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but it's just it is such a different vibe to the rest of the competition.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I want them to I want them to do so well.
Speaker 1: I've got friends that work there, and I just I want them to do really, really well. But lass at the moment, results speak for themselves, not doing great.
Speaker 2: Dolphins sensational name was still available the Dolphins and also their jerseys.
Speaker 1: I'm giving them a B plus great jerseys, B plus introduction. I'm going to give them a bee because they're best finish they came in twenty twenty three. The best finish is only thirteenth. But in terms of what they have offered people in Queensland who do not go for the Titans, the Cowboys of the Broncos and mainly the Broncos, giving them that second option of a team to follow, Yeah, has been really really, actually quite magical.
Speaker 2: To watch. So I love them. I love the coast. I don't love the broncos I know, so it gives them another option.
Speaker 1: It's rude, but yeah, no, lots of people and to be and I will support them in their love for the Dolphins. It's greater Brisbane technically Redcliffe, but you know, the whole culture that they've built, and I love seeing the stands packed and they're doing the fins up with their hands and they've got the hats and it's just.
Speaker 2: I love it. I love it. So yeah, yeah, the Dolphins, I'm a fan of you.
Speaker 3: You're a beat the Perth Bears speaking, is then one ticket hold off?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, I feel like we'll wait and see because again they're like in twenty twenty seven or twenty twenty eight, whatems, We'll just see.
Speaker 2: How this club goes.
Speaker 3: I query how it's going to go. Having a Sydney team in Perth. Yes, like it's different than having you know, the Brisbane Bears.
Speaker 2: Yes, so to speak, but is there enough?
Speaker 1: What I think know is that there is enough support though in the North Sydney element.
Speaker 3: So whenever the abdormance fan base where they're like, bang, let's let's go and watch, but I wonder how connected you as someone who's family on the other type of country, it is very hard to feel connected with the time difference with also just it is really really difficult and unaffordable to be able to travel over there.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to give them what did I give as main devils that didn't exists?
Speaker 2: Why did they skip Adelaide? Oh well, why wouldn't they put a team in Adelaide?
Speaker 1: Do you know what? Though? I actually think because the literacy when it comes to rugby as just a concept, this is rugby league obviously, I think.
Speaker 2: It's even less in Adelaide because it Perth.
Speaker 1: You've had the Western Force, so they've had It's a different code, don't get me wrong, but at least they are kind of aware that rugby union exists and rugby league is a variation of So in Adelaide they'd be like, what is an oval?
Speaker 2: But what? Oh what is this? I'm trying desperately not to swear, so they give zero. Oh yeah, they don't care. They don't care.
Speaker 1: I'd love to see it, but they've started doing exhibition matches. They're like the odd state of origin.
Speaker 2: Adelaide.
Speaker 1: It does well, but I can't see it. That's there's still some there's still some years off.
Speaker 2: Skip, let's not hide. But now we are National National, National, is Perth, National is Perth.
Speaker 3: The greatest expansion team to ever be in Australia.
Speaker 2: What we're calling it, well.
Speaker 3: The Tazzy jack Jumping Yeah, yeah, I'm with the jack Jumpers. I hope that whoever suggested that name sat back and put their hands behind their head and was like, you don't pay me enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't pay me enough. The Tazzy jack Jumpers.
Speaker 3: And if you want to deal listeners, you may remember we did a whole episode yes on their success and so back and have a listen, because my goodness did they capture the hearts and minds of the Apple Issle And it was just the magic of what it can create when you get a team that starts and everyone jumps on the buy in.
Speaker 2: Buying the buy in is important, but also it was a proof of concept, to be honest for the Tazzy Devils. I it helped them completely. And I also think you need to have strong leadership.
Speaker 3: Yes, strong coaches and someone that will attract good talent, but you also need seeing your players that buy in, and I think that's the thing that we've seen, particularly with clubs like the Gold Coast in both parts. You can't have star players that have one foot in the door. You've got to be all in and saying this is what's important to us. Allah Like obviously it's not expansion team, but something like the Boomers.
Speaker 2: We see what Paddi Mills has done.
Speaker 3: Seeing like this means something because so many players were opting out because they just didn't see it as important.
Speaker 2: And you're changing hearts and minds.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's the thing, and that is what the Tasmanian jack Jumpers themselves stars.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, they've built themselves on that.
Speaker 1: They came in twenty twenty one into the competition, the NBL the best result, runners up twenty twenty two, winners in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can't have a better report card than.
Speaker 1: That, really, really, you cannot be they are They are a plus.
Speaker 2: They are the blueprint. Yeah, and we're gonna talk about blueprint also. Jerseys immaculate, yep, everything about them. Immaculate. Auckland FC in the A League, now, let's be honest, the A leagu's a little bit off.
Speaker 3: Greed in terms of making general sporting news. So this should be something that everyone in Australia knows. They have entered the competition and won the Premier's Plate in their very first season.
Speaker 2: Which is unheard of.
Speaker 1: What code you follow, whatever sport you follow, there is some level of understanding there for you just how astronomical that is.
Speaker 3: So essentially they get tens of thousands of people to the stadium. It isn't one of the highest attendant oh A league. For sure, it's packed, it's buying. They're playing out of their skins and they look like they can go on and actually win the Grand Final, because we know that obviously with the A League they do have a final series as opposed to the Premier League where they don't.
Speaker 2: But they have just set alight the competition. Yes, yes, and they had it and I hope they win it. I hope they win the whole thing.
Speaker 1: They have been that dominant this season and also used to think about blueprints what they have done with that team again, just rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat with any other expansion club that is looking to enter whatever code.
Speaker 3: So it's high population, it's a great location, it's a stadium that has great facilities.
Speaker 2: Money, Yes, helps helps help billion a.
Speaker 3: Billionaire owner of helps and that, and then good leadership of what to do with that money and players that are board in.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's the.
Speaker 1: Science, and also local talent. So they have actually brought in so many players who have represented the All Whites.
Speaker 2: They called the All White I.
Speaker 1: Think they're called the All Whites. Give me uno momento while I google quickly picked behind the veil, he dear listeners. Yes, they are called the All Whites the New Zealand men's national football team.
Speaker 3: So they have brought in the all White, the all Whites, and everyone's just cool with that because of the.
Speaker 2: I know, I understand that's them.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: That's it. I was like, I'll wait for you to google it, find out that's wrong, and then we're doing it.
Speaker 1: That's the name, because of course you've got the all for all blacks, and then these are the all Whites.
Speaker 2: So the All Whites.
Speaker 1: They are now actually ranked one of their highest ranks in the FIFA official standings because so many of their players are part of this team.
Speaker 2: They have that bond and they have chemistry. They have that chemistry.
Speaker 1: But because you're basing it around that there's all. Then again it's the buy in from all of the locals who then go and attend the.
Speaker 2: Game basically onto a soccer game at the alley.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, And so that I think has been very very clever of them.
Speaker 2: Genius, genius.
Speaker 1: And they've brought back people who have been playing in like you know, EU Malta's and your Sweden's and that kind of thing, and they've brought them back to play in this competition. If you can attract international players to play in the A League men's well done. Hats off to you, Hats off to you. So I think them at the moment they're in A. They're in A and they.
Speaker 2: Could be an A plus now. Yet they have it won the whole champion. The standards are high.
Speaker 1: Jelmy.
Speaker 2: They've won the Premier's plate. Yeah in the first Yeah there a day there day is the A League trophy. Still that weird toilet, Yes, it is still a toilet. Okay, So they need to lift the toilet seat, yeh yeh, which they could do. They could do. They could do.
Speaker 1: Also shout out just before we wrap up our report card, shout out to the A League Women's Grand Final that is happening this weekend.
Speaker 2: Yes, victory up against the Central Coast Maritis. My money is on the victory.
Speaker 3: It's amazing that city bungled out because they were undefeated.
Speaker 2: Through the season. Yeah, incredible and also with the premiers. So yeah, we'll have more.
Speaker 1: We'll have more on that next episode. Yes, more on that next episode. But report cards, how did we go? We should grade ourselves?
Speaker 3: You've never got anything less than a plus in your life? When you would get a tick? Have you ever got anything less than they?
Speaker 2: Yes? When I got a bee once in maths?
Speaker 1: And then I was that was absolutely unacceptable myself in the teacher and I went to chewtoring because I was like, I cannot have that. That cannot stand.
Speaker 2: Do I use derivatives ever in daily life? No? So I'm glad I tried so hard. Fun fact. Fun fact, it's a quick one. You've got one. Race car is race card backwards. That's one of my favorite things. You know how I know that that wasn't mean that I chicken shop date. Oh Lando Norris talking to your mate Amelia.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, one of my favorite And he says to Lando, do you know that race car is race card backwards?
Speaker 2: And he dead panza and gives it absolutely nothing, and I went, well, that's a fun fact, isn't it.
Speaker 1: This is literally all my areas And just further proof, Amelia, if you ever go on holiday, hit me up, bab It's one of my Palindromes are honestly one of my favorite things.
Speaker 2: Hannah, the name Hannah. I've got so many rhoda R O T O R like.
Speaker 1: I'm here, I'm here anytime you need.
Speaker 2: Race Car is a real good one. Did you know race Car was one? Yeah, of course, we just talked about it.
Speaker 3: You didn't get a bale keeps me up at night?
Speaker 2: Oh well, that's our episode this week. Give us give us a report.
Speaker 3: Cards, the love of God, don't give Georgie anything less than a or she'll die.
Speaker 1: I mean it, so please only only positive report cards. Thank you so much. You have been listening to two good sports. We'll be back next week until they get no