Speaker 1: Laura, come on in.
Speaker 2: Habby Monday. Everybody.
Speaker 3: Hi, girls, time here tell her Hi guys, Hey, I have a question for you. I have just waltzed in fresh from a little mini weekend holiday, well two nights anyway, that's it's just a weekend, No, but two nights away in a hotel. It's a week it's like a mini weekend away and I took my kids. But I have a question for you. How do you react when you go into a hotel and the bathroom door, like the toilet door is glass or frosted glass, Like, do you buck up?
Speaker 4: No, you don't buck up.
Speaker 2: I was in the k I stayed in a hotel on the weekend with my husband and.
Speaker 3: The bathroom door was very poorly frosted glass. So every time he went to the toilet, I could see him sitting there, and I think it's changed our relationship.
Speaker 2: Also he saw me sitting there as well. I just think it's weird.
Speaker 4: I think it's weird when you can see your partner take it dun.
Speaker 3: I just don't understand why any architects would think that that's a good idea. Like who woke up one day and thought, you know what this hotel needs glass doors.
Speaker 1: I'm European intimacy. It was like love, he's seeing they must well, I.
Speaker 2: Think the frosting must have worn off, because I think most of them are not just glass fishing.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm not a frost expert, but I would assume an architect hasn't purposely made just glass.
Speaker 4: Usually it's got that semi transparent frost.
Speaker 2: It's just warm, and so the frosting is in a way that was a terrible funny.
Speaker 1: I like to do charades behind the frosting glass and you know, like a puppet show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely a puppet show with the towel and you know, some fun. Okay, anyway, well of your life. Certainly not what I needed. Thank you so much. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Next, we're doing Pickup put Down. It's a Monday pickup show. Staple all the big discussion points on the weekend, Britt Laurie, you decide whether or not we keep going into the into the week Okay.
Speaker 2: Some of the very small discussion points also, Mitchy, like frosted glass doors, Guys, I told you I bring the hard hitting.
Speaker 1: Facts nothing and quite as small as that, and have a cover on this show, I right, pick up, put down next welcome.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 1: The big stories of the day Britain, Laurie. You need to decide whether or not we carry on the conversation. We pick it up, or we put it down and we stop talking about it. This week, are you ready?
Speaker 4: I'm always ready.
Speaker 1: Today we're discussing ladies and gentlemen. All you can eat buffet.
Speaker 4: Pick them up. I love a buffet.
Speaker 2: I'm quite sad that there's not more sizzlers in the world these days, so yes, I will say pick it up. But you know what happened.
Speaker 1: Well, she was arrested at an Applebee's or you can eat restaurant for disorderly conduct. Apparently there was an all you can eat deal advertised and it did not specify per person, so she paid one fee and then brought the whole family, kids and all in to.
Speaker 2: Eat for free.
Speaker 4: Promoted in the wrong way.
Speaker 2: Not fair.
Speaker 3: You can't try to get through a loophole. You can't say, oh, it's all you can eat. So I'm going to bring an entire truck and fill it up. So I've got takeaway for the next month.
Speaker 4: Do you know what I used to do?
Speaker 2: I'm not proud of it, but I will admit to it. When I was a very young and poor backpacker, I was backpacking around the world, and I didn't have a lot of money, and I was living in a van with no windows. It was a removlessvan, not like a cute van. I had a wooden floor and nos. Yeah it was picture.
Speaker 4: It was freezing. I was eating in Europe and it was cold.
Speaker 2: Having your showers at like the local gym, no beach.
Speaker 4: The beach so we used to go to. We used to go to our.
Speaker 2: Pizza hut with a container and would eat as much as we could, and then we would feel the container under the table, put a lid on it, and that would be either the dinner or the next day's lunch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's the thing everyone has, that one person who always tries to like scurry a few away.
Speaker 2: That's the way mum me. Yeah, all right, you too, sorry, really really all right? Moving on? Pickup, put down public proposal.
Speaker 4: Pick them up?
Speaker 3: Wow, that surprises me from you put it down, I'm saying, put it down.
Speaker 2: There's one that everyone's talking about. The NFL had. You know, they did the kiss cam where they zooming on couples that kiss on being so awkward.
Speaker 1: A man proposed to his girlfriend and his partner immediately started shaking his head.
Speaker 2: I was like, no, I don't want to get married. Do you think that if you got proposed to in public you would feel and a lot of people watching you would feel a pressure to say yes and then say no later?
Speaker 4: I asked, one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: You always always say yes to save grace, like to save face for that person I.
Speaker 4: Make you say no later.
Speaker 1: I have an opinion that if you're getting married and engaged in public, it's hiding the fact that your relationship isn't actually that good.
Speaker 2: It's a hot take, but I think if you are.
Speaker 1: That sound and happy and confident in your own love, you don't need a grand.
Speaker 2: Gesture to say, look, how good. It's purely for other people. If Ben proposed to me my fiance, now, if he proposed to me at the end of a football match, I would have equally have loved that, because he knows what I've said yes.
Speaker 4: I couldn't care less.
Speaker 2: If it was mortified. If it was private like us one on one like he did it, or in a football match, it.
Speaker 4: Doesn't matter to me because at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: This is the same end result, right, except one makes you probably a beit more fair.
Speaker 1: If you did it that pizza hut you're talking about, would you still have loved that negative? Yeah, that's the difference, all right. Finally, pick up, put down, remaining alert and awake the whole flight. If you are sitting on the aisle seat of an aeroplane.
Speaker 2: Put it down. I heard about this.
Speaker 3: Apparently, if you are on the aisle seat, there's an expectation that you will stay awake. And I can't even stay awake in a short drive. If I'm a passenger, I'm like, oh my baby, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like a baby.
Speaker 3: Anytime there's motion, I am asleep. So I just think it is the most unreasonable request that if someone's in an aisle seat.
Speaker 2: You should expect them to stay awake. Why is it, do you think?
Speaker 1: Is it in case of emergency or so the people in the middle and the window can go to the bathroom.
Speaker 4: It's so it's not an emergency, Absolutely not.
Speaker 2: Because the emergency, the person closest to the window needs to be awake so they can rip the door open.
Speaker 4: It's just so that people can get out to the toilet. But I I stand up.
Speaker 2: Oh, people's asleep on the air on the aisle. I will stand up over them. But then the question is do you go Do you step over their seat fanny first or butt first in their face because you've got to get out into the aisle, right, So do you face them in the grabclaw or do you turn back?
Speaker 4: It's in crab claw.
Speaker 2: You try and climb over the top of them whilst they're still sleeping.
Speaker 4: I've climbed over heaps of people. I'm very athletic. Wouldn't you just wake them up?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: I would rather.
Speaker 2: I think you're asking their face.
Speaker 4: I can go to the barn.
Speaker 2: Yep, I can go to the bathroom without that person knowing I do not disturb their slumber. No, imagine waking up pretty longlyasses in your face, what a day full, mister b and Fenny forward, arms back. I would go to the bathroom.
Speaker 4: I will go, but yeah, but facing.
Speaker 2: Them, yeah, I always. But first, have you guys seen this new trend of chat GPT absolutely roasting people's Instagram? Yes, it's so good and we may or may not have been roasted ourselves, all right, snaxt So the pickup, Hey, Mitch, and Laurie. You might have seen this chat GPT roasting going viral online. So if you haven't seen this, people are doing this trend where you know, you can.
Speaker 4: Ask chat GPT literally anything. It's AI.
Speaker 2: It knows everything people are sending in their own Instagram or social media profiles and getting them to tell them what they think of It just based off the pictures, so it's not based off.
Speaker 4: Like your bio or your name or anything.
Speaker 2: You just have a look at whatever pictures are on the screen and then they just roacht, how have we.
Speaker 3: Gotten to the place in society where we need to be paid out by artificial intelligence?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: How we gotten there? I know?
Speaker 1: But isn't it sad that we don't ask our friends for advice? We go, hey, computer, tell me what you think about me, Mitch.
Speaker 2: Tell me what you actually think about me. I'm not going to ask you. I'm going to go and ask this robot.
Speaker 4: Guys, I don't think I think you're missing the point.
Speaker 2: No one's doing it because they actually want the computer's advice. They're not going to go and change their profile based on it. But it's just a bit of amusement. People just don't see what they say, so I organized for chat GPT to roast all of us basically, so I don't know what. I didn't want to know the answer. I got to producer Grace to do it, so she sent them in. All I know is that one of us is far worse off than the other.
Speaker 4: That's what she sped back to me.
Speaker 3: Who do you think is the easiest the easiest offended, like, out of the.
Speaker 2: Three of us, Well, you've got kids, so I doubt chat GTP is going to be like two Grommets around that woman.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of photos of me with plants and animals though, so that might think I live on a farm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, crazy cat lady.
Speaker 1: You've got your dog Bret, but then you've got a beautiful boyfriend Ben mine.
Speaker 2: Then you have lots of hot summer photos. So like, I don't know what mine will be because I've got dog stuff, I've got very unfiltered, hectic like podcast stuff like sexy Chat, and then I've got some fashion stuff.
Speaker 4: We just had the LOGI, so I don't know what it was going to be.
Speaker 1: It's CHATJTP comes to my age gap boyfriend. I'm gonna lose it.
Speaker 4: Let's have a look what they say, producer Grace, what do they.
Speaker 2: Call that in a gay relationship when there's like a gap?
Speaker 4: But that was brilliant and that was a dumb question. Let's see what chat GPT has to say. We are going to start me Laura play.
Speaker 5: This Instagram profile looks like the chaotic love child of a family scrapbook and a PR campaign. Got the shiny red carpet shots mixed in with the obligatory look at my cute kids and pets come up as if the algorithm's going to implode without both. It's like they can't decide if they want to be a household name or just a regular person trying to get by juice flash.
Speaker 2: You can't have it both ways.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: It's like a PR campaign.
Speaker 3: Slash what I'm sorry, I I think I need to go to therapy with jat GPTA like they need to be.
Speaker 2: My my personal I'm okay with this. That's so brutal pah with family that is hilarious.
Speaker 4: Okay, I guess I will volunteers.
Speaker 2: True Brits.
Speaker 5: This Instagram profile looks like it's trying way too hard to convince everyone that juggling podcasting red carpet events and sipping green juice is the pinnacle of human achievements. It's like a bizarre mix of look how glamorous my life is and I'm just a down to earth girl with a dog and a smoothie.
Speaker 2: It's basically the.
Speaker 5: Influencer starter pack spring of trying to stay relevant desperation.
Speaker 2: I love desp a picture on there that I have a dog in a smoothie. He's literally He's like, it's like she has a dog in a smoothie. I do have a dog in a smoothie. I am a chaotic mess, and you are in influencer desperation. I look like I'm trying too hard to balance work with being humbled. I don't understand how it can be so brutal. Isn't AI meant to be non biased? No? I think that this is like, you know how people do the roast like that, It's like the TV shows. It's proper roast, and I think it's gonna have some really interesting things to say about you, Mitch.
Speaker 4: I have a sneaky suspicion.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be worse, all right.
Speaker 1: It's my Instagram feed roasted by chat GPT looks like someone is having a mid career crisis, trying to decide between being the next big radio star or a full time meme. Lord from Red Carpet poses that scream look at me, I dressed myself to the obligatory hot girl walk flex.
Speaker 2: It's a buffet of tryhard content.
Speaker 5: Half the posts are just recycled radio bits and the other half are shameless plugs disguised as attempts to stay relevant.
Speaker 2: Bravo for the effort, though, oh well done.
Speaker 4: She got a compliment to finish it.
Speaker 2: Mitch recycled radio in a midlife crisis. I'm twenty eight. That's not midlife. At least he didn't attack your age gape. Oh oh my god. Guys, this is brutal. We're all gonna go and have therapy after this.
Speaker 4: Now I'm gonna go post a smoothie in my dog.