Speaker 1: The Flex and Frooms Daily podcast.
Speaker 2: Sweet Angels and Freaks, we are back. The potty is our favorite to do. It's a little bit late, but it's better late than ever. We want to discuss our ins and out they have been published, well mine has from me. Didn't do one, but she might this year. But we do have thoughts and we will share them solicitedly.
Speaker 1: Let's go Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 3: Flexy. Hello, I've been in the trenches this past year, single, loving it, and I have noticed.
Speaker 4: I won't stop you, then please continue.
Speaker 3: I've noticed a very particular thing that straight men do with regards to floating okay, and I've come up with this system. It's called the cordial system. Cordial, the Cordy system. I'm not talking about being polite. I'm talking about Cotty's cordial.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shps, sweps to a lime cordial. It's not it's okay again, let's not get into my.
Speaker 3: Cotty's girl p But do you I believe that there is like a weakness and a potency to men's flirting. And I don't know about what is the most potent, but I've decided what is the most weak diluted flirting.
Speaker 2: There is cordial is such a good way to describe this.
Speaker 3: It is because you can go too sweet, you can go too much, the most piss week type of flirting slash cordial. It's a little trickle is the love heart on Instagram Instagram Zuckerberg? Whoever else is working in the building? When and why did you start that function?
Speaker 4: Wait? Like love hiding storyhearting the story?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It used to be like the bar should be so low send a fire emoji. That was the lowest of the bar. Now the bar has gone underground, We've dug deeper, and I'm just not about it. It's like you m okay.
Speaker 2: I would say it wouldn't be the lowest of the low if it was followed up by a more intense dose of cordial. But I think the issue is people use the love part like story response as an indication of interest for you to come in and do a hero dose of flirting back, and it's just not realistic. It's not And might I add, over the last year, I've really been nurturing my male friendships because there's something about being friends with a man really opened you up to the world. And it's one thing that I've gathered we rarely think the same, and it's very surprising to me. And I was told by some men who get near it quite a bit, who have quite a lot of female company, that they do this thing where they sustain plenty of online interactions simply for validation, with no intention of shutting it down because it feels good, but with every intention to dodge any real display of like propositioning them. That to me, I'm like, how do you have the time? I saw damn spapes, I saw evidence and these girls were laying it.
Speaker 4: I'm thick.
Speaker 3: Of course, it's freaking me.
Speaker 1: Out, flex and frooms.
Speaker 3: I know it's mid Jen. We're coming out middle Jen. That's one twenty fourth of the way through the year already huge. But of course, a big thing that happened last year at the tail end was ins and outs. Every man and their dog on Instagram was posting their ins and outs. A changing by them.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't either, Why not last year?
Speaker 3: This year? This year?
Speaker 2: Yeah, at the tail end you did it before, though, I get what you're saying. Yeah, twenty twenty three predictions in twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Two, correct, I didn't do any Yeah, because I just thought only that to the experts, I was on kind of like a digital hiatus, which was part of my in and out.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent, and that was a very hot thing for you to do. They definitely caught me. Look, mine was requested. Actually I didn't just decide to do it, it was requested, and they caught me at the tail end of what would be my digital hiatus as well, So you know, you got in why you can. But for those who aren't aware, ins and outs lists are exactly what they sound like, a list of things, people, objects, behaviors that are in for the upcoming year and also out for the upcoming year. Some people approach it like a prediction to say what they're predicting to be in and out, and some people approach it like guidelines for the next year.
Speaker 3: And some people use it just as gags.
Speaker 2: Oh, also that more room for gags in the upcoming year. I really enjoyed mine. We got to clean eighteen thousand likes, so it's fair to say that others enjoyed it as well.
Speaker 3: Eighteen one eight, triple zero. That's even for you. That's a lot.
Speaker 4: Plenty five figure.
Speaker 3: Babe, far out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Jesus Christ, can you read out some of yourse? I think we should do in the podcast?
Speaker 3: True, shouldn't we? Okay? And since I didn't really have any there is a meme page called Insane clown Pussee posse. It's possy, is it? It's simply possy part of me? Insane clown persee.
Speaker 4: What let's let's bring up the stag anyway?
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on, hold on, because you're rushing me, babe, insane not you are right.
Speaker 3: It's insane clown pusses.
Speaker 4: It's with a you.
Speaker 3: Aah, Insane clown pussee? Did it? Ins and Outs list?
Speaker 4: You said it every time you have to start.
Speaker 3: That's free press. I must say we be implicated, So ins and outs before you share yours, of course, I'm going to share the ones from Insane clown Pussee. That's got two underscores between each word. Yes, and the picture is Marilyn Monroe dress as a clown obsessed quite disconcerting. Oh okay, they terrify me. They're savage the account holder. The account holder totally anonymous when they first sat, which.
Speaker 4: I'm obsessed with.
Speaker 2: Actually, it's very bold to be gaining so much notoriety and to do it in in an anonymous way true.
Speaker 3: When they first started, I think they posted like six things, and instantly I was like, this is the funny thing ever said. I messaged him in saying who are you when they said, I'm not telling, and I thought my Kings and Queen twenty twenty three, In and outs blue and pink already, that's saying for me in boy boss out ooh alas.
Speaker 2: You're giving English teacher to doing an analysis. This is what the author meant.
Speaker 3: Here are some of the ins and outs that I think are applicable to us. Workplace bullying is this in? This is in? Okay, workplace bullying yep in spray tands, sure feet, yeah, huge, Sorry.
Speaker 4: It's happening again.
Speaker 5: Applying for compensation by masking your pandemic weight gain as a vaccine related injury.
Speaker 3: Okay, Laughing as queer by saying partner with boyfriends, oh my go. And finally lands bring back the binary.
Speaker 4: It was the boyfriend say it's a boyfriend.
Speaker 3: Okay. Outs. These are ones that I feel are quite savage, maybe towards us. Outs, be real, that's your community. I've had an higher education.
Speaker 4: That's still your community.
Speaker 3: White women starting podcasts fifty fifty, so that we're implicated play please oh yeah, sorry about me tooth gems, finally adding we'll see on the end of every word.
Speaker 2: Okay, so just say we were the muse because that's six for six.
Speaker 3: That hurt. But I feel like we need to address it on the podcast Insane clam Puss.
Speaker 2: Love your work. I stand by it. Not everyone can do a full mouth of tooth gems. I think what's our is a singular tooth gem. I agree, because it's what it's saying is. I want to be slightly alternative, but I'm still very mindful of not being judged.
Speaker 3: I'm still very mindful of my enamel.
Speaker 4: Oh but my dentist does it, so it's chill. Do you know what it is?
Speaker 2: It's like when people get get tattoos on, like their hand or their neck, but they're tiny, like one centimeter.
Speaker 4: If you're gonna suck it out, fuck it up.
Speaker 1: Facts.
Speaker 2: So what are your ins just off the dome Telly Tubbo culture. Okay, yeah, that's strong for you.
Speaker 3: It's just like I see Telly tubbies that make me happy. I see your predictions or your guidelines. Vibes Okay, three vibes es are out. Unfortunately, I know, but that's I don't believe in ins and outs. I just believe in themes Telly Tubbies thinking about Telly Tubby's. I like things that make me happy, and Telly Tubbies make me. That's about it.
Speaker 2: Healing you in a child and you Yeah, look, as we know, my ins and outs are all about, like we said, cracking open the heart canal, letting the world see the real you. But also the internet just made me really angry last year, but not in like an active way, and like this is a really sad way. Like I'm so sick of this. I'm so sick of looking at like internet discourse. I'm so sick of seeing everyone getting offended at everything. I'm so sick of people overcompensating debilitating self esteem with having a god complex.
Speaker 4: It's so lame, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like it's just so lame. I'm like, let's switch it up.
Speaker 2: If you are manic depressed, just do that without trying to make it a branding experience.
Speaker 4: It's all good.
Speaker 3: How do we switch it up while still talking about important things?
Speaker 2: I think there's a there's a level of matter of factness that's missing. Like I noticed all these conversations get framed in the same way, they get approached in the same way. They're following the same script. Like you know, we end up talking about important issues the same way these disclaimers, these like I recognize and no cut it, get it, just just like straight from like like we said, from the heart to the brain, out the gullet just say it, live it, be it, feel it.
Speaker 3: It's the culture within the culture that makes the disclaimers important. Otherwise they're gonna roast you further.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then if that's where we're at, there's only one way out, and that's through. But some of my inn's emotional vulnerability I want to see I'm not talking crying on the internet, but the full spectrum of emotion. I'm really excited to see. If you're feeling jealous, I want to see that come through, you know, if you're feeling hurt, let's put that out there. Not everything is just like one dimensional sad, happy range. Okay, I'm excited to see. I want to see people bailing when things.
Speaker 4: Are really hard.
Speaker 2: I just seen people go through a lot of hard stuff in masts, like the character developed character development thing. I'm like, it's okay to say things are hard and then just bail. You don't have to endure like cheating or like a shitty work environment or bad friend, just for like.
Speaker 3: You know, I gotta get through it. No, I gotta get through it.
Speaker 2: Just leave blocking people. I think we don't do that enough. So let's bring that back. Let's make monogamy cool, not making non monogamy uncool, but just like validating people who are able to stay in those traditional situations.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what I want.
Speaker 1: That's hot.
Speaker 2: Now some out some outs hating slow walkers. I'm so off it. It's very boring. It's pineapple pizza vibes. I'm not into it. Asking people to guess your age, your ethnicity, or your star sign.
Speaker 3: Get it, I mean star star are not allow. I'm bored by.
Speaker 2: It because then it gets into the old how'd you the truth over? Buying stuff to self soothe. We've got to start, We've got to be better. You don't do it, but a lot of us do. Hating androids, Oh mate, No, it's very boring. Sorry, it's very boring them because I could never be them. Okay, I admire two more fighting in the comments. I don't want to see it take it to your group chats.
Speaker 3: I like it. Keep my engagement up.
Speaker 2: You can engage in the comments, fighting in the comments, get a hobby or a job, respectability politics. Sometimes you just have to give it to people the way they need to hear it. And sometimes that's mean.
Speaker 3: Whoa when you mean it hits different.
Speaker 2: I know, but that's why I just feel like I don't want that for people, but sometimes they need to have it scared. The best littles are cackling lit and if we can't be cackling little, then we have to be mean little.
Speaker 3: And now you can't take the cackling, as they say.
Speaker 4: Get out the kitchen.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: Thank you for sharing your outs and in so.
Speaker 3: I loved to it flixy I did take heed in yours.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're always trying reflected all right.
Speaker 1: This is flex and frooms on KEDA.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 2: Sometime last year I was like, I need to put the thoughts that are in my brain somewhere besides other people's brains. Thank you, Yeah, And it took a lot for me to do that. It was my first active self listen this for twenty twenty two Q four. We came in late, We came in strong, so I thought I would start writing down my thoughts into a journal.
Speaker 3: Is it a leather bound moment?
Speaker 4: It was, but I've just moved to like a soft back. Is that the opposite of a hardback cover?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but the thing was at first, I was like, I need to interpret my dreams because my psychotherapist told me to do that once, and I was like, oh, don't worry about it.
Speaker 4: But when you write it down, you can like, why is the thirt buzzing during work hours? For amina? Please?
Speaker 2: But when you write them down, you can easily see links between what you're dreaming, what the themes are, how you feel it setter. I was like, I can use that in my waking days, right, And there's something so like cathartic about like humoring what you actually think and putting on paper because you know, when you like think thoughts in your mind, you can talk yourself out of it, like I didn't really think that, ha ha.
Speaker 4: Once it's on paper, you realize how lame you are, how lame your.
Speaker 2: Insecurities are, because it's just like not that special and you let them really get you down anyway. But after three months of journaling, here's what I've learned nothing is as serious as you want to think it is, because when I go back and look at entries from a week and I was like.
Speaker 4: That was what we were stressed about, babes.
Speaker 2: There's been a whole week and you haven't even thought about it in three days, right, that's number one. Number two, if you can't be bothered to put pen to paper to write it out, then don't be so bothered to overthink it. You know, like, if you can't commit to the simple act of like putting pen to paper and validating what you think, then is it really worth like racking your brain over it a thousand times a day. Probably not?
Speaker 3: You're so right, right. I like that it kind of gives me an ouch to not do it.
Speaker 2: Hundred percent, or to dig deeper and like really see the thought through.
Speaker 3: Now. I've never been one to indulge in dream chat, as you know, I find it extremely boring, shoots me the tears. I'm allowed to say that on the radio, Yeah, it's true. But starting this year, I've started writing down my dreams. Wow, because they've become really vivid and I'm seeing links and it's really fun. It also makes me feel like I'm working my brain as soon as I wake up because I've got to try and like pull myself back and remember the dreams. Yes, we'll talk about themes on another day.
Speaker 4: We have to.
Speaker 2: That being said, I want to end with this point. We all think we're experts with our own brains in mind by virtue of just having them. But if we're not checking in and being like, how does this stuff actually work? What's plaguing me? Then how are you ever know? You know?
Speaker 4: So everyone put pen to paper right out your thoughts. It'll save your life only.
Speaker 3: If you feel like it.
Speaker 1: No, this is flex and Froomes. We have a their rate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exciting thing to occur. Right now, we're going to be calling one of the VIP winners to are always any Specs Savers the Island, Sydney Xxx, Party Live Recording, Love Recording and then party. That's it. That's it. Their name is Harry. I'm going to try them on the line now, Hello Hello.
Speaker 2: You go to say, give us little something to work with, like hello Harry speaking, and then we'd be like hello, hold on, hold on, okay.
Speaker 3: Hello Harry. This is Jennifer from the at O. Hi Harry, it's flexing ference.
Speaker 5: Hi, how are you? How are you so good?
Speaker 3: Look, we have some very exciting news. We heard that you applied to come to the island to see our live recording, and I just will say, congratulations, you have one VIP tickets. You're joking, I'm fully serious.
Speaker 5: Thank you? Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Well listen, I heard that you just got back from Allay. Is that right? Hawaii?
Speaker 1: I did Hawaii and yeah.
Speaker 4: Local state.
Speaker 3: Hawaii. How was it? It was so good, like the first time, the first time ever? Would you go back? Oh? Yeah, definitely with my family so it was like relaxing, had them pay for everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I was gonna ask, are you a NEPO baby?
Speaker 1: Hopefully not really Like I wouldn't say that.
Speaker 4: That sounds very neer baby to me. That sounds like we're not rich, We're just well off. So what is it, Harry?
Speaker 1: We're comfortable?
Speaker 3: Oh well, Harry, I'm so glad that you are coming. You can come right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I can?
Speaker 3: The third? Is it? The third? Yeah? February? See if we even try?
Speaker 4: Literally, Harry, I want to ask you something intimate. Do you mind?
Speaker 2: What's the update with the schooly situation, the bedroom disaster? Have you lost a few friends.
Speaker 1: We've lost one friend that'll do it. Haven't spoke to herself?
Speaker 2: Yeah, great numbers in the whole group.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she'd left our group chat out of nowhere.
Speaker 3: Damn girl, you can't come back.
Speaker 4: There's no return once you leave the group chat.
Speaker 1: What are you going to do?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Seriously, So, yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 3: Well, she won't be on the island. We've evicted her.
Speaker 2: For those of you who aren't across the gossip that we are sharing, imagine being spectators and not part of the inn joke. Harry sent in an am I the Asshole a couple of weeks ago. It was about his experience at schoolies. There was a bit of a bedroom disaster. You know, people want the main bedroom, the side bedroom, bloody blah blah blah. What we did say is that you know, feelings will be hurt, friendships will be lost, but you know it is what it is. Harry's come out on top, so that's what matters to us.
Speaker 3: That's just howpens.
Speaker 2: All right, babes, we'll see you on the third Up. Until then, I hope you come with some more gossip for us. We miss you already.
Speaker 3: Oh and Harry Harry, make sure you tell everyone people still have time to apply. It's Friday right now. Entries close on Monday, so tell everyone. Get into the group chat and say, guys, you've got two more days to do your entries. You're very high, high chances of coming.
Speaker 4: Get Harry and ask them to do things for.
Speaker 3: All.
Speaker 4: Right, babe, we'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Babs.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Flex and Frooms, Okada.
Speaker 3: Listen Flex. Something's been breaking my soul, hardcore.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 3: This is my karenism. I am a Karen. If you've only just started listening to the show, it will become abundantly clear, probably within this show how much of a Karen I truly am. But this one is actually warranted. Okay, how do I come out and say this? I take medication every day, right, I take it to sleep. Ooh, I'm on a sleeping pill kind of moment. And I've been taking this for five years. It works perfectly. I take it within half an hour. She's dead and gone, wow, you.
Speaker 4: Mean need to commit to sleeping. You gotta be on a schedule.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do, because as soon as I take it, can't operate the machinery. I gotta be lying down horizontally. Then about midtime last year twenty twenty two, I start not being able to go to sleep. I'm taking the same pill.
Speaker 4: I think, why did you put pill in quotations? What does that mean?
Speaker 3: I'll get to that. And I'm thinking, I'm staying up to one am. I'm taking the pill. I'm not getting tired. I'm sleeping and I can't get up. I have no motivation to do anything. And I talked it up to just having a different lifestyle, you know, like my lifestyle was. My lifestyle was very make your own hours. Last year las a Fair, las a Fair. I get to Melbourne. I run out of my medication. So I call up the doctor and I say, can I have a scrip? They say yes, it's yes, go to pick it up with the pharmacy. Why do we say see x R on the box Extended release? So I've been taking a sleeping pill, or what I thought was a sleeping pill that takes all day to release, thus making me tired all day. No, So after five years of getting perfect sleep, being extremely motivated, and taking this sleeping pill that wears off at eight am so I can actually wake up at eight am, it is so cool. I was taking an extended release tablet for over six months.
Speaker 2: This is our flex and froom's lawyer ARC, literally, where we figure out how to suit the medical negligence.
Speaker 3: You ruined half of my year. I mean it was good because it told me to relax. I didn't have any choice. I just thought I was lazy you. So all I want to say is life of Karen. I am going to be getting to the end of the source. I'm going to call up my psychiatrists and say, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Love tinkering?
Speaker 3: Who was the doctor? I won't name names. We could no, I better not. We won't, but I will be I will be taking further action. I don't want to dob anyone out in I'm not a rat never, but I will just say to the average undertake any kind.
Speaker 4: Of rats and frogs, pick your team.
Speaker 3: If you take any kind of regular medication, please check every time you get it done. If you're taking it for five years and you just take it for granted, go back into the records and check if you're taking the wrong one. M scene.
Speaker 4: It's like checking your bank statements. It is.
Speaker 3: It's never gonna happen.
Speaker 2: It's never gonna happen, babe, Rap, I'm so sorry that's happening to you. It actually, it makes a lot of sense for what your Q three and four twenty twenty two was like.
Speaker 3: Literally, I know it's crazy, like I can't sleep in past nine am now, I couldn't get up before nine am for the last year.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast. For more tune ins ou on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.