Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast, who come for your story? She could be winning one thousand dollars for our caller of the week when we hear a story we love and you think about knocking things over. I'd still had to find out if anyone actually had to pay for damages when that's happened. Have you actually left a door open where it's a cage store, back door, front door? And while were your parents called to the school? Nine four one four one oh four three is the number for all those Hunter. Good morning, Hi Christian, how are you? I'm good to Hunter. Have you having any good morning so far?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: What did you knock over a three tier wedding cake?
Speaker 1: If you had to do a top five of the very worst things to knock over, somebody else's wedding cake is in the top two.
Speaker 3: It was oldest sister cake and she'd never let me live us down.
Speaker 1: Oh dear, oh dear. Was it a thatch of bride's Either you were jealous or something and it was an accident.
Speaker 3: Oh, my cousin decided that we were playing checks and I was dancing on the dance floor. My cousin decided to chase me, and I turned around and ran straight into the cake.
Speaker 1: To what happened? The whole thing went over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the whole thing plus the two side cakes.
Speaker 1: Went down with some game of indoor extreme tag. Now was this a grown up or were you younger?
Speaker 3: I was sixteen at the time, so quite a few years.
Speaker 1: Back, but still a bit of at a wedding, at your sister's wedding.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 1: So what what what happened afterwards? So we know now the cake go and flying? What was the next bit?
Speaker 3: Well, everybody actually looked at me, and I just stood there with like guilty, but with a big smirk on my face, as if you know, I did nothing wrong. As I said, my older sister has never let me live it down.
Speaker 1: All right, And so thank you very much for sharing your story.
Speaker 3: It welcome.
Speaker 1: Take care, Ian, Good morning.
Speaker 4: Good morning. How are you guys?
Speaker 1: I'm good. So why did your parents get caught to your school? Then?
Speaker 4: Well, my brother and I were walking to school one day, this is like fifty years ago, and there was a construction site and we sort of climbed in under the fence and went into the shed and found these what there was twenty seven what we thought were fireworks, and it's fine. So we took them to school and I was walking around school selling them for ten cents a stick, and I hadn't be known to me I had twenty seven sticks a Jelic Knight in my school bag. Oh my god, it could have leveled the whole scale. So my parents were called and my father, you know, they got them all back over the PA system and said with Ian Baker and rather, Lee's come to my office with your school bags. Immediately was it like one of.
Speaker 1: Those guys are not the hurt locker Jermy Renner is there. He's got the bomb suit on. The headmaster there's got this big bomb suit on. They send a robot into the glass.
Speaker 4: And so my father was called, and of course one of the sticks one of the kids had thrown and the old one too threw him into a creek and was soaking wet. So he's going down the driving back to the construction site like five kilometers an hour watching it.
Speaker 5: We've done.
Speaker 1: What a story.
Speaker 4: And the thing is that, of course it all was kept quiet because then the construction site we get into trouble because you're not allowed to keep jelly Knight in the ship and I got a month yard duty and the school want.
Speaker 1: To keep quite as well.
Speaker 3: You don't want to send him a letter to parents saying hey if your son and then.
Speaker 1: We judged it today, but we almost had the school flattened. These kids flown to Smitherings.
Speaker 4: Well, they say, you go to school to learn.
Speaker 1: So right there, you're so right, and young kids listen to this. This is how it used to be right. If you saw a building, sorry that you would on the way to school with your brother or your mates. You're going over the fence under it. There's not single but yeah, I I one hundred percent that's what we did. This is before mobile phones. Now kids don't even see that share think that's going to break in. See what they might have there. I love about you just tick this off on the way to school, probably not even late, still being productive.
Speaker 2: Ian.
Speaker 1: It's an incredible story. Thank you very much for sharing it with us.
Speaker 2: Michael Well Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 1: Where were we? Ah, Yes, that's right, Yeah, we're doing talking to them three Tuesday. Have you got stories about knocking things over, accidentally leaving a door open? And why were your parents called to the school. We've got here is Casey. Hey, Casey, welcome to the show. Hi, We're good. OK. So we've got Taylor Fever and Casey. While you left a door open, Well it was my dad.
Speaker 2: So Dad left the gates open, unfortunately, and his little dog, Patch got out. The weird thing is he's got Patch was missing for about two weeks and turned up at my mom's house two weeks later, twenty kilometers away that he had never been to ever before.
Speaker 1: Wow. God, I mean if you called in tomorrow for makers, say, wow, this is what an amazing story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we still can't believe the story. We worked about twenty five years ago and it's still amazing.
Speaker 1: Patch is a TV dog name from the seventies and eight as well. Bring back the name Patch. That's gonna changing. Bring back that name Patch. I love the name. It's a great name. And Pats had never been there.
Speaker 5: Before, never been before.
Speaker 2: Mum and dad were divorced, and my brother and I went down to seat dad and we went out to sea Patch and he wasn't there, and Dad's like, sorry, guys, Patch is gone, and we're like devastation at devo.
Speaker 1: Anyway, what do you want for dinner tonight. He left that on purpose, and so Patch was down there with with mum.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, we came down to diapers he told us he was gone. We was devastated.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 2: We went back to mum's town and we were just playing outside and my brother came out to He goes, Casey, I think Patch is here. I thought, I don't think so. And he walked up our front like to our door, giant hill, and Patch was dumb as a box of hair. And but he made.
Speaker 1: It dumb as a box of hair. To me, I've never heard that one. That's a great one. That and Pats, you give us a lot there, Casey, that is amazing. Yeah, Casey, thank you very much. Sorry mate, thanks for holding on speech to us. I love that. Have a good day you, Matt's good morning, Matt Hey, buddy, how things good? Matte? And uh, which one have you got? Oh? Why are your parents got called to the school? What happened, Matt? Ah?
Speaker 5: Well, back when I was in grade six and you're in those little hormonal stages. So me and my girlfriend went down the back and had a bit of a passion. Both of us had braces and we interlocked metal or metal, and yeah, you could say that the interlock didn't come apart, so whole heap of teachers were swarming down there, and when mum and dad had come with her parents and then that couldn't come apart, and the dentist was called.
Speaker 1: School checking out to get this bloody gray chair in the car. They w.
Speaker 5: It was quite interesting, you too lips it together and the dnist is trying to pull you apart.
Speaker 2: This is a.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was. It was definitely a romance killer after that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, wow, that is like something out of an ATS teen movie, isn't it. That's touch of something about Mary or something about that. Amazing that, Oh, Matt, we when we hear a great story like that. You just won one thousand dollars in cash for our corner of the week.
Speaker 2: Oh thanks mine.
Speaker 1: That's a terrific No, it's an insane story. It's an amazing story, and you told it so well. It's like we were there, Matt. We can all imagine it. Braces even feels like it worked from years gone by. Now they all have these now trendy and visible and visit lines you can't see. But yeah, the old metallic train tracks, they were like were lethal. You just won one thousand dollars for our Corner of the Week. Great story, Matt.
Speaker 5: Thank you, thank you, love your show and keep the good work up.
Speaker 1: Mean sure, thanks a lot, mate. Awesome story. Well, thanks to Mercedes Benz Perrick, the Mercedes Demonstrator event means price drops on new and demo vehicles. Awesome stories. Thank you everyone.
Speaker 4: Carl a brighter No, you're listening to the Christian O Carls Show podcast