Speaker 1: Before we get into today's episode, we wanted to say a massive thank you to this episode's sponsor.
Speaker 2: Last Minerals.
Speaker 1: Lust Minerals is one of Australian's favorite clean beauty brands. If you are someone who has sensitive, dry or breakout prone skin, then you are going to love Lost Minerals Pro Finish Foundation. It's breathable and it won't clog your paws. It also contains superfood ingredients to actually look after your skin, so it's not just a band aid. It hydrates and it nourishes your skin while you wear it, keeping your skin hydrated and so glowy. Now let's get into the episode. I would like to acknowledge the traditional owners of the land on which this episode is being recorded, the Komboom Marry people.
Speaker 2: We pay our.
Speaker 1: Respects to elders, pass, present and emerging and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Today I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson and this is the Rise and Conquer podcast. This is the podcast where we chat mindset, self development and becoming your higher self. Mix soon with a lot of laughs, plus behind the scenes of my life running two businesses and being amom. Think of us as the perfect combo of brunch with your besties mixed with self development. No matter where you are in your journey, we're here to help you be curious, pull yourself out, and embrace radical self awareness.
Speaker 2: If you're ready to get into the.
Speaker 1: Driver's seat of your own life and stop letting life pass.
Speaker 2: You by, then you're in the right place.
Speaker 1: Today we are chatting about recalibration and I even just love this word. And this episode came to me when I was flying to Perth for the Terry White Conference, and honestly, Tier, every time I fly, I swear I then send a tear like all these notes.
Speaker 2: And they're amazing every time.
Speaker 1: It's honest, and then a tear because it was like a couple of weeks now and a tea just read them out to me and I was like, I can you read it arch me because I honestly don't remember what I wrote.
Speaker 2: And then she read it arch me and I was like, oh yeah, but it's like.
Speaker 1: Things get channeled through me while I'm in the air, so it's a whole vibe.
Speaker 2: I love it. But anyway, getting.
Speaker 1: Back to it, I was thinking about this episode and this month and rise. We are talking about realignment, and alignment is obviously that feeling of ease and flow and getting back to a spot in your life where you're like, oh, I'm in the vibe. Things are good, You're feeling yourself like it feels really really good. And then when things aren't in alignment, it's difficult. It's hard, things are happening to you that you're like, what the hell. And I was kind of thinking about, you know, what can come up when you're between these two stages, And I was thinking about this concept of recalibration, and this is the concept of when you're moving from being unaligned to be aligned, and there really is this recalibration, you could almost say this limbo stage where you need to hold your own you need to trust, and you need to prove to the universe that it's like, no, what I declared, what I got clear, and what I wanted, I do want and I can hold the energy. So the thing about this stage, though, is it's uncomfortable. It's usually like recalibration is we're going from being somewhat comfortable even if it's not what we wanted, and we're moving on a more aligned path. But often things need to happen to shape us into the person we need to be to be on that more aligned path, or things need to not happen to make sure we're not on the path like where we were going. So sometimes it's not not that great. And also I truly believe there's these moments where things need to happen so it shows us the work we need to do, the healing we need to do.
Speaker 2: I actually I saw this quote of.
Speaker 1: The people in your life are here to mirror to you what you need to heal. And that is why we get triggered by, you know, the closest people around us, because really they are just showing us parts of ourselves that we need to heal that we don't like that you know, we need to evolve. And this is what I kind of think of when I'm talking about this concept of recalibration. It's the sticky stage, it's like the not so great stage. But the amazing part is when we go through recalibration, you know you're on the right path, like you're just about to get into alignment, you're just about to get into flow, and things are about to feel really good.
Speaker 2: So I really like to.
Speaker 1: Be like, oh, this is such an exciting moment. And so that's the concept I want to chat about today a tea.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited for this one because I feel like this is the part where people give up. Yes, That's why I want to talk about it, because people go, well, it's not for me because it's feeling really hard or it's really difficult, it's really uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, no, no, no, no, no, no, you're so close.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's hard because it's about learning the difference between am I in a moment of limbo and recalibration or is this actually not aligned? And like learning that barrier of like okay, no, this this actually is not aligned, or if I just push that one little bit further, it's going to fall into place in like ten minutes or something.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, you just have to hold on.
Speaker 1: And like I kind of have an example for this of to be very like vulnerable and transparent with you guys. I'm currently in a bit of a limbo stage, so this is this is very interesting. Of course it's come up though, So I'm in a bit of a limbo stage because I have really been leaning into this new identity. So my previous identity that feels really comfortable and really good is Georgie as an influencer who is also a business owner who's also a mum, And really like, that's what I really have leaned into the last couple of years. So even though you know I do run two businesses, I also very much and I'm an influencer where I post most of my day. Yeah, and I'm posting content every single day, which is there's people who that is literally just their job. So there's influencers who full time influence who post their day, who log who do reels, but that's their only job.
Speaker 2: But I do that.
Speaker 1: Plus I run into other companies and now a third we'll get to that. And it's really interesting because I just have notice and it's because I absolutely love to do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love creating content. I love sharing content because for me, content is a story and I truly believe storytelling is the most emotive and inspirational way to get messages across.
Speaker 2: And I really believe I was.
Speaker 1: Put on this earth to get messages across and to move people and impact people and make them have aha moments and to make them realize things about themselves and to be a mirror a lot, you know, for them realizing you know, parts that they need to illuminate or parts.
Speaker 2: That they don't like. I'm so happy to be your projection, so happy.
Speaker 1: So it's really like that's why I've never ever had an issue with also being you know, quote unquote influencer and sharing so much of myself. A bit recently, I you know, have been thinking about things and a lot of things have come up where you know, me and Tim would love to expand our family, you know, maybe close to the end of the year or like in the near future, not anytimes, but you know, like we're talking about second baby, Like, yeah, conversations up. Also, me and Cooper recently became co owners in Summer Skin, which is an all natural, clean, simple effective skincare company. So you know, I'm expanding myself in my business interest because I also truly believe I was put on this earth to help other small businesses because if I can help, you know, you not make the mistakes that I made in my businesses. Like I really am passionate about that side of things too. So you know, things are evolving for me, things are changing, and I'm noticing that the whole being an influencer where I post every single part of my day and every single piece of content is starting not to feel as good as it used to, just because of capacity and it not being as sustainable for my energy. And also it's just like a shift in what I want to share and instead of like posting every single day and really like bearing all, it's like I want to be really intentional about the content I create. Yeah, So anyway, I'm having these thoughts, and so I've started putting out this vibe to the universe of like, I want to step out of this influencer identity and I love doing identity work. That's really where I thrive for myself personal development.
Speaker 2: So stepping out of.
Speaker 1: This like influencer vibe and really stepping into my archetypes of being a business woman sharing content but in a very intentional way and a bit less like how I used to do it and just a different way. And also being less dependent on social media in general for business, because as much as social media is such a huge, you know, marketing channel for business, I don't think it should be the only one. If Instagram died tomorrow, I would hope that my business is still would be fine, would be fine, and you know, thrive. So that's even another concept I've been playing with with my belief system. And I think because I did start with a personal brand and then start my businesses, there are some funky beliefs around well I only have my businesses because of my personal brand, et cetera. And but the actual you know, what I choose to believe and what I embody is I would have.
Speaker 2: Made these brands.
Speaker 1: I would have continued to you know, go and do what I love, no matter if there was Instagram or not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: And so it's interesting. So this is like the whole process in my mind. And so I have been like playing with the new core beliefs of like I don't have to be on social media, because there's also this weird thing of like, well if I'm not on social media, am I going to be less relevant? And you know, those fear based thoughts. And I've been really playing with this, like, you know, not having to be dependent on social media, not having to still be sharing every single day and every single moment of my life and what does that mean and what do I want it to mean? And you know, that's all my own belief work.
Speaker 2: So I've been leaning.
Speaker 1: Into that and I really feel like I am stepping into this new identity of like business woman. I also recently did a speaking gig for self Events, and I spoke out the International Women's Day event and I loved that, Like I've really loved captivating an audience talking about something I'm passionate about and seeing them being moved, seeing them feeling something, and leaving that day being like, oh wow, I learned something. I have tools and that really like lit something where I'm like, oh, like do I also want to step into this like speaking vibes, you know, like you know all these thoughts are coming up anyway, so really telling you all you are sharing all the secrets. I'm sharing all the secrets, but when am I not? And anyway, So that's kind of like that's the vibe for me being very honest. And it's interesting because I had this moment where I was posting it on Instagram and I noticed my engagement on my stories, which is I have amazing if I don't say so much, amazing engagement on my stories because that's where I'm most active. And I noticed the engagement going down, and I was really like taken aback because my feelings was like, oh my god, are people not interested in my stories anymore? You know? Again, a lot of limiting beliefs, like fear beliefs, And I had to catch myself and remind myself of what we're talking about today, of recalibration of Oh my gosh, I declared to the universe I asked for I want to be less dependent on my social media. I want to be able to step into these new archetypes and identities. And then you know, I have basically evidence where.
Speaker 3: What you want to happen beginning to happen, and you don't like it totally.
Speaker 1: And I had a small freak out, and then I had to remind myself, but if you're leaning into these new beliefs where you're not dependent on social media.
Speaker 2: Why does it matter?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And so I had to really fell into am I the old identity where something like this would matter and would be concerned? Or am I that future version of myself? Am I that new identity where why would I even care about this engagement because I'm not dependent on social media?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And it means nothing?
Speaker 1: So how interesting? Because I honestly like the engagement I was like, this has never happened before, and I had this moment and then I had to be like, oh my god, Georgia, this is literally the universe showing you. It's like it's veering you. This is perfect, is actually exactly what you ask So lean into it. And so I actually journal journaled about it on the plane and I felt into it and I was like, no, this is so amazing, Thank you, Universe, grateful, et cetera, et cetera. And it's funny because literally the next week my engagement went up plus some and I was like more engaged than ever.
Speaker 2: But it was it was just such a beautiful, like lesson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I think so many of us we ask for something, there's this recalibration period where we get actually evidence of that new identity, but we're still the old identity and.
Speaker 2: We freak out.
Speaker 1: But can you hold can you trust or.
Speaker 2: Will you block it from happening because you're scared?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And will you go into old patterns? And so that's the opportunity I had in that moment. I had the opportunity to act how I would previously, which would maybe let me try and think what I do previously.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe previously.
Speaker 1: It would be Oh my god, I've got to be on stories more.
Speaker 2: I've got to do poles.
Speaker 3: I've to be you know, you know, like god something for people to tap on the screen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got to fucking put the time. I got to use the Instagram.
Speaker 1: But honestly, it's like a lot of people would go to that and be like, well, how do I get the engagement back? But it's going back into the old identity. So even though you're not there yet, the manifestation hasn't happened, or you're not in the new identity, can you make that decision from your future self instead of your you know.
Speaker 2: Previous self.
Speaker 1: And that it was just such a clear moment to me that I was like, oh wow, the universe works in such beautiful, beautiful ways. And I think sometimes it's those moments that really make the difference with your manifestation coming to fruition and leaning into your dream life. Because again, if you can't make decisions from that embodied self, from that future self, when are you ever going to make those decisions?
Speaker 3: What would maybe be your top tip or like top thing that someone could do when they're in that recalibration period to figure out is this a recalibration and not a test but like a test, yes? Or am I barking up the wrong tree. Well, first of all, you've got to be clear on what you want. So go back to like the overarching what's the end goal? What have I actually asked the universe.
Speaker 2: For what I want?
Speaker 1: Go back to that, and then say if I already had that, if I already was that person, would I be worried? Would I feel fear? Would I actually be dysregulated? Would I feel unaligned? Because in my like in my you know example, if I saw my engagement go down, well, would I be worried? Well, no, because I'm not dependent on social media. Yeah, so then I know it's.
Speaker 2: Not even a thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have a smaller, like a bit more everyday example of this happening. If you listen to the podcast last year, you'd know that I was really working on my routine. Bit of a broken record about it. But I got to a point where I felt like being so structured wasn't actually serving me anymore. And I said, Okay, I've mastered being structured. I know I can do the same thing every day. I need to now get to the next level and be more flexible, Like I need to get to the point where if things come up, I still get my non negotiables done in a day. It feels easy, it feels flowy. I'm not stressed. It's like I don't have to go to gym before work. I can go to gym after work.
Speaker 2: I don't have to get to work at six thirty. I can arrive at seven if it feels better that day.
Speaker 3: And all of a sudden, everything just came flying at me.
Speaker 2: And I think I had.
Speaker 3: Three weeks where it was just insane, Like I think that was the time we were filming the TV commercials. There was like long recording days, heaps of shoots outside of work. This person wanted to catch up. This party was on this weekend, This milestone event was on that weekend. Oh my gosh, I don't have time on the weekend, but I really want to see you. So let's do like a Tuesday night. And just everything came at once, and I was just like, what is happening? I just got my routine downpat and I can't even stick to it anymore.
Speaker 2: And but you asked for but I asked for hate When that happened.
Speaker 3: And I also realized that that also compounded another thing I'm working on that I'm still working on, and that is like my all or nothing mindset.
Speaker 2: That's big.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's like a big one that I'm learning lesson in a few different areas of my life is that it can't be all or nothing.
Speaker 2: I love that realization so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even going back to your example, like with your question of like how to know if it's just this limbo recalibration or if it's like, oh, this is not aligned?
Speaker 2: Is again you having that.
Speaker 1: Realization of like, oh, wait a minute, I did ask for this, so I do want to say if it But in that situation, if you're like, but no, I don't want this, you then just ask for something else. So again, it could be the universe showing you being like, but do you.
Speaker 2: Actually want this? Interesting?
Speaker 1: And so it's like it's reflecting to you what you've asked and you being like, hmm, do I yeah, do I actually want this? It's kind of like remember that story I told so long I think I told it in a training actually of I wanted to work with a certain brand. Yeah, and then I started working with that brand and it was like a really horrible experience.
Speaker 2: And it was kind of like the universe like being like is this really what you want? Yeah? Is this really what you want? And I was like god no, yeah.
Speaker 1: And again that's a moment where it's like, oh, this isn't just like a limbo stage.
Speaker 2: This is showing me what I actually don't want. It's like a taste test. A taste test totally. I love that, so that that.
Speaker 1: Could be something where it's like like it's you're like being like, no, I do want to be a routine Galli.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's actually I love looking at it that way because then you're not locked in.
Speaker 1: Well that's even something like you've got to get used to. Well, this is literally why we created the Rise app, and they're like small bite size activations, pep talks, meditations, journaling, because you should really be checking in with yourself, reflecting and doing this work daily weekly, Like it shouldn't just be do you know you're manifesting six week manifesting course and then you're set for life, Like you really need to be doing this work constantly because a tea imagine if you know, the universe is showing you basically what you don't want. But because you never reflect in journal or do any of this work, it.
Speaker 2: Just keeps feeling like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's like, this is the beautiful thing about this work is like you get to constantly check in, get clear and realign. And that's what doing alignment currently this month in Rise and it's like you get to constantly realign. And the beautiful thing about alignment is like, once you have the method which I teach you in Rise this month, it's called the Rose effect. Once you have that method, you can constantly use it and you get better at applying it and it doesn't have to feel like this huge thing that you apply to your life. You're just like, all this is reflecting something I don't like. This is interesting realign or my example, my original example that I said, it's like that moment where I'm like, oh, this is perfect. The universe is actually giving me exactly what I want. I get to hold, I get to trust. But it's having those moments of reflection. In my example, it's like if I wasn't checking in with myself and doing this work, I could freak out and stop and be like, nah, I'm not going any further. Go back to old patterns. Yeah, but because I constantly check in with my I'm able to catch myself and be like, oh, interesting, it's the recalibration stage.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I love that, And I think what you said is actually such a good point on it's not going to feel overwhelming the more you consistently do it. Yes, but I do think that the first time you do anything, it's going to feel overwhelming. And especially when it's like personal development work, you're almost working through a backlog because you've not done it in a long time. There's like, ah, there's a lot of stuff to clear out, and I think that people get so caught up in like clearing that stuff out. For example, like the Rise and Conker project, you're clearing that out, You're clearing all your limiting beliefs out, and then you go God like, every time I want to manifest something, I have going to have to go through this whole process. But if you maintain it and you integrate it, and you start doing it every day, you're never gonna have to go through it again. Yeah, exactly, or just it gets so much simpler, easier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you.
Speaker 3: Deal with the limiting belief every time it comes up instead of waiting till you're desiring something. Then when you desire something, you get to do what, like you said, you just declare it and it's there because you don't have the limiting beliefs because you're consistently tackling them as they pop up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's honestly so much easier.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think the same thing with alignment is like the first time you realign, it's gotta be uncomfortable. That lag period might actually be really really long and really uncomfortable and really uncomfortable, but once you hold through it once, then when you have the little moments of recalibration, yours lasted like a week, and the next week it was better.
Speaker 2: It was literally like an hour.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, an hour, so a bit.
Speaker 1: I was at a stage where I could just like get journaling straight away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but being able to like recalibrate in that moment or even on that day huge.
Speaker 2: So much quicker, yeah, so much quicker. Yeah. Oh I love that so much. All right, my loves.
Speaker 1: I hope you have enjoyed this episode. Of course, if you'll look looking to learn more about alignment, that is what we're doing in the Rise app this month. So come and join us. Of course, there's so much other manifesting and self development content in there.
Speaker 2: We will leave the links in.
Speaker 1: The show notes, but I hope you enjoyed this episode and we'll chat to you in the next one.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Concer podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Concer podcast community.
Speaker 2: We're an independent.
Speaker 1: Podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing. And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great