Speaker 1: Tippity tappany, make the juice.
Speaker 2: This isn't right, lets and brooms, my sweet peats. Look, I think I would love to know how many more times we'll talk about the apocalypse, the simulation, the simulacra before we get evidence, or before we get proof that we're in one. Can you imagine we're in here having a regular day talking about what we talk about, and the very next day it's a world warzy and there's been a zombie outbreak. You'd have to laugh. I would have to laugh. But I will say I did have a nightmare about not being prepared for the apocalypse. So one thing that I will do by the end of September is to figure out how to make two ingredient bread. Because if we get to the point, are you breathing heavy? What's going on?
Speaker 1: Am I?
Speaker 2: That was very scary for both me and Caitlin. Really yeah, we were freaking excited. Sorry, like, why are you growling on the.
Speaker 1: I have my phone's on. What's going on?
Speaker 2: You're sick? Anyway? I enjoy the podcast.
Speaker 1: This is Flex and frooms on.
Speaker 2: Cater A woman on TikTok might have more proof that we're living in a simulation Now, for those who aren't across simulation theory, I could barely explain to you what it is because who knows, but I guess broadly speaking, it's the idea that the life that we're living day to day is predetermined by somebody else who is playing us like a game. And so imagine there's someone somewhere sitting at a little computer being like, ooh, what do we make the humans do today? Oh, We're gonna make Flex and Frooms do a little radio show. And then here we are elements avatars of this game, feeling as though we are living full lives when in theory, somebody else is controlling it all. And they often compare that to the feeling you get when you're playing a game, like a simulation game. We're controlling these characters, and I'm sure those characters would feel really alive and human, but here we are deciding that they should go and build a campfire.
Speaker 1: I think about it with animals and the animals we eat anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, truly. The TikTok I want a references from Kayla's birth. It's really long, so I'm just gonna read through it now. Basically, she goes through a list of things that confuse her about life and are probably proof in some way that things aren't as they sing. She starts with cemeteries, and she says, why haven't we run out of space? If there are billions of people in the world, and we assume that billions of people have died in this world, then how are we still selling plots in inner cities for example? How are we not overrun with the dead bodies at all times? How is it possible that we are like running? So she was talking about, like, how is it possible the population is growing so much yet it doesn't feel like we are stuffed or like there's oh, we don't feel as though there's like how did she phrase it? How is it that the population is growing yet it doesn't feel like we're running out of space? How is that people are dying at the rates they're dying at and yet we've accommodated for a lot of them to that, I say cremation and also town planning, town planning, But we don't want to be skeptics. So then she goes on to say, okay, what about the moon landing? Now we don't want to get into We don't want to get into moon landing conspiracies. But she basically goes into say that NASA has pics of galaxies that are millions of light years away, but this moon landing footage is like two hundred and eightyp it's not verifiable, it's not clear, and why can't we just go to the Moon again? NASA would say, we don't have a telescope strong enough to see the flag on the Moon like it should be, and we don't have the technology to view the footage that we took, and we don't have the tools necessary to build the spaceship to go back to the Moon like we did in the sixties. Now, that was just two of a list of like twenty different things. I say, proof that we're in a simulation apartment buildings, I just feel like, you know, any not a four or four apartment block, but I'm talking those big new developments. For all the people that presumably live there, where are they? Why am I only ever in the lift with one other person?
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe you have curious hours though, I'd say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But you know, it's not just me. I've looked in a ton of apartments. I don't often see Uh. Someone said, what about neighbors? Carrying in groceries. I don't see that happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't see To be fair, I don't.
Speaker 2: See that happen either. I don't know if that's proof we're in a simulation, but it definitely feels like whoever has allocated budget for the film that is Earth is cutting corners, and we see it in this very good we're seeing. We shouldn't noticed where things are changing. If we notice, like I think every Mandela effect, every time we see someone who looks oddly similar to another person, they've cut budget, the copy and pasting. You shouldn't do that, Like I said, all the time I go on TikTok, not that often. I'm not logging hours like some words like propaganda. It does, doesn't It is because there are only a few things you say recurringly, and the I only go on TikTok once week with two hours away. Look at your screen time and it's literally twenty one hours a day every day. I got to be surprised.
Speaker 1: Can I actually see my screen time?
Speaker 2: No, the tiktalk the time you do stuff.
Speaker 1: On your phone? Sometimes I how do I do it? Screen exactly?
Speaker 2: Because this is exactly what I was? How do I do it. I don't know, babe.
Speaker 1: Alright whatever, No, well, now you're in there, okay. Week when you use your iPhone, screen time will be I don't even have it because I'm never on my phone. I can't see my screen time. Guys, anyway, I say this, what to say? I notice my TikTok algorithm change all the time. So recently it was very sprinkle sprinkle areas. So a few weeks ago we spoke about the sprinkle sprinkle dating stuff. Oh my god, Flexi Filia has screen.
Speaker 2: Time iilely averages two hours. That's only on one phone.
Speaker 1: Can you explain to us what sprinkle sprinkle is?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay? So, sprinkle sprinkle is a catch phrase by a TikTok creator and a YouTuber called Shearer seven. She is a hypergamy dating coach, so she teaches women specifically to date up whatever that looks like for you, which is dating someone with more money, more resources, more time, someone who can really mobilize you throughout your life. And she is also people don't know, but she's like a practicing witch. She's very into spirituality, but broadly speaking, a hypergamist.
Speaker 1: I said this sort of say, for a good month, there or three months to three weeks to a month. It was all sprinkle sprinkle content. This is what you do like, this is the.
Speaker 2: My scriptive dating method, hectic stuff.
Speaker 1: Obviously I was interested anthropologically, personally all of the above.
Speaker 2: You have a scientist in the room.
Speaker 1: And I thought, Okay, I've had enough. Now I've here the limit. There's no more this one woman can take. And so I focused on a cooking video. Tell me why straight away all cooking videos. I mean, this is ribe shift. We know this, but there was a palpable vibe shift, and it made me realize, guys, we have more control than we think.
Speaker 2: Hmmm, because I also, multi billion dollar corporation has figured out a way to change your whole algorithm based on one click you make. And then you're like, we the user have control.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm gonna believe it for my own sake. And I'll also say, though, eed e disorder. Trigger warning here, guys, when I suffered from suffering?
Speaker 2: Is how trigger warning works? Do you say the triggering thing and then stay trigger away? You have to say trigger warning. First, you said that, you said you said eating disorder, and then to trigger.
Speaker 1: Trigger warning eating When I was in my binge eating areas. The binge eating teetoks I would get were absolutely insane, like muk bum mukbang ones about people talking about recovering, like all the most triggering stuff you can imagine. And I didn't even look up this content. No one knew I was doing it, Like how do they know? And it's just because I was focusing on it. So anyway, I say this all to say, how a look at the quicking videos I did make slid from TikTok the other day, absolutely horrible stuff and I paid quinoa roast pump.
Speaker 2: Is that that cowboy salad.
Speaker 1: A good dressing? Though mustard and mustard and Greek yogur.
Speaker 2: People have referred to what we've created here to be cult like in the sense that we built this distinct community that truly understands who we are, what we do, and what we believe in a way that we sometimes don't know. Unfortunately, hearing people say well, this is a decision that flex would make, This is how Froom thinks, it is very interesting to me. And we thought it'd be nice for the listeners of the show to be able to organize themselves and to have our identities that are still aligned with this radio show, but are separated and platform. So for that reason, we're creating a cult.
Speaker 1: I said, I have a think of how it feels to be seen. That's what you have to do be in this community. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So so far we've discovered that I am the leader. Yeah, I was crowned this position and I accept it. The cult is called redactive. That is a phrase that Frey uses. I would say forty times in a week.
Speaker 1: And I didn't know that people knew what it meant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is an odd thing that we keep coming to. I don't know if that's because you think the word is rare, orth that our listeners are undulged.
Speaker 1: No, because I didn't know what it was and I thought, oh, I really like this sound of that word.
Speaker 2: Our byline is the third space where we prioritize getting near it and bonding with each other. Now we need, we know, we need to determine what roles do people want to play and what do we need to sustain us, Which means that realistically we're not trying to make this capitalism three point zero, but we do understand that every good system requires structure.
Speaker 1: What was what was the two point oho of capitalism.
Speaker 2: I think when people that weren't old white men started like owning stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sorry, but it's when you.
Speaker 2: Find out that I'm a CEO and you're like, how did she do it? No? I think people get it when you are you know, capitalism two point zero is the equivalent of me being in going to the business lounge at the airport and then people asking, you know this is the lounge? Right? Yeah, that's two point oh, and then I have to be like, here's platinum, shut up that, Or like if I'm at the airport standing in priorities, I'm like, you know this is priority rack, like babes please.
Speaker 1: Luggage?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is crazy. Racism does happen people. We're all learning this in real time. No, okay, so we need to determine what roles people want to play and what we need to sustain us. The thing that I am starting to understand the older I get and the more that I mature, is what discipline and structure allows you to do. It inherently creates freedom. And it's taken me literally my whole life to understand. I'm the kind of person that regards structure and security and safety as like jail, the moment someone says to me, you have to be here at this time to do this thing, even if I want to, I'm like trying to try. It means why you're always like yeah, because it's like a systemic thing. I'm doing professionalism, but like part of me it's like, ah, it's like, where do you want to be? I'm like anywhere, don't tie me down. Where do you want to go? I don't know so, but I'm learning that if I create a framework of just day to day, this is what needs to happen, that I know what space and time I have to do the things I actually want to do. Now the organization required in our utopia. We're not trying to dictate or determine who you are or what you do, but it's important to understand where you've be into the bigger picture. Always, always, I mean we struggled with that. Day to day people don't know what their role is and so they don't play their position accordingly. You must always know your role and play your position.
Speaker 1: I mean we learned that through watching the Matildas. Didn't we Oh we did, But I didn't realize doing soccer in high school that you can just run around the field. Yeah, always getting byline out or whatever, offside, off side. Yeah, every time I was like, what I'm just I'm just here to go to McDonald's way home on the busy.
Speaker 2: What I will say, though, is a core tenet of our organized Formal Eyes organized crime group is self sufficiency. I really, really really want people to maintain the idea that you have to do it because somebody else won't.
Speaker 1: I like this, So that's an idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what is your role? What do you want to bring to this space? So that me just generally, I'm putting it out into the ether.
Speaker 1: I reckon, Like, okay, so I reckon. There's got to be What I find is that everybody has a special skill in the real world that they should then does have.
Speaker 2: A special skill in the real world, Yes, everybody has.
Speaker 1: A job, and if they don't have a job, they're good at video games or like cooking or taking care of other people.
Speaker 2: You'd be surprised because didn't COVID Lockdown show a lot of people they don't have hobbies. That's what I was seeing on TikTok, people like what do I do when I'm not working?
Speaker 1: Well, now we can affirm that they do post COVID hopefully, or maybe they just know how to bring a chill vibe. Like I think that's fantastic. So I say to being the cult, you need to sit down and reflect what could you bring to a utopia but also a dystopia type lens, and then come to us and let.
Speaker 2: Us know, Like I think what I'd be really good at in a dystopia. So I've never been in a fight before, but I definitely think that I'm down to do what people won't do just to get it done. And I think that's a skill that's required because the one thing that's put me off about teamwork, like let's say teamwork in UNI, teamwork is tertiary. It doesn't work because nobody is willing to do what needs to be done. And if not, everyone can also bring that mentality. But I know, on a day to day I'm a luxurious babe, but when it really comes down swet, I will do what needs to be done.
Speaker 1: Get the hands dirty, get some dirt under them. Eighty dollar fingernails, oh eighty sorry, one hundred and fifty ring press on nails. Sorry, two hundred enough. In very very exciting personal news, I am going to New York tomorrow. Whoa New York City, the Big Apple, otherwise known as the greatest place on Earth and the center of the universe. Some would say, in the twentieth centuries.
Speaker 2: Have you been before?
Speaker 1: Yes? What do you like about it? I went in twenty nineteen. I liked I went in August that year. I liked the heat. I like the hotness in the subways. I liked, did you, Caitlyn, you've bin? Yeah, but the subway is not it, Kitlyn, now producess, the subway is not it? And I said, fair enough, fair enough, I'll let you to each their own. I loved the shopping and the general vibe of the street and people wearing whatever they want.
Speaker 2: What do you dislike about it? It's my favorite game to play with you.
Speaker 1: What dislike?
Speaker 2: You don't see red flags clearly enough? Oh?
Speaker 1: Really? Yeah? Yeah, because I'm in my own bubble.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not red flags. But it's like it's a virtue of yours to not see the negative very clearly. Yeah, I observe.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's cool anyway, So I'm going.
Speaker 2: Back, So you don't have any negatives?
Speaker 1: No, yeah, I don't remember it well enough. And I was in my own bubble, as I say, so, I was just seeing what I wanted to see and like meeting cool, nice people. So I didn't have any bad experiences. And I touch what if I was suspicious? But I'm not so touch what. Nothing happens tomorrow when I go. But I'll be going on a plane United Airlines no less from Sydney to San Francisco and then San Francisco to New York. I've never been to San Francisco. No direct, No, that's not a direct from Sydney to New York. That's such a shame, I know. I don't think there is, certainly not for the price bracket I was in. I paid a lot of money because.
Speaker 2: It's very respensive to travel generally, and.
Speaker 1: You've got to pay for the worst peap, which is just sitting on a farty plane. Anyway, So this sort of say came across this article a few weeks ago in the Sydney Morning Herald. But how to not get constipated when you're traveling. I'm not gonna lie. I came into this radio break not having read the article, and now I can't find it.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's avoidable unless you're maintaining the exact same lifestyle, the exact same food consumption at the exact same times. I think your body just can't handle the flip. I've been like, Okay, I'm eating when I would be sleeping, I'm walking when I would be resting, Like my body doesn't know these chemicals.
Speaker 1: And having to share one toilet with one hundred people in what context in the plane? Oh, let's say you've gotta go when you're on the plane. Oh, Like that is dangerous.
Speaker 2: That's why do you go.
Speaker 1: I can't remember a time I have. I'm not someone that gets pooh, Shane. Oh, No, so I say that I actually do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I will pooh anywhere, but if there's someone else in the bathroom, I will definitely wait. I'm not gonna wait to push, but I'm not gonna get out when they could id me. I will say, though, I've spoken to you about how my hacks for international travel because I do do it quite eat and so when I go to Ghana, that could be like between twenty nine hours and thirty something hours in travel and what's the route. So now I do from here to Dubai, Dubai to Ghana. But other times I've had to do here to Dubai, Dubai to South Africa, South Africa to Ghana, going up and down and all around. It's a long trip, and from traveling frequently, the one thing that I know about myself is that if I am uncomfortable, I can sit in discomfort for a long time and be okay. But if I am uncomfortable and I allow myself a comfort, the discomfort that I previously experienced find becomes too hard to bear. So what I usually do, which is terrible. But if the first leg is fourteen hours, then I will make sure I peep before I get on the plane. I'll be in the window seat, and then I will close my eyes and participate in what I could only describe as meditative practice of either trying to sleep or just being in my thoughts. I'm not eating, I'm not getting up, I'm not going to the bathroom until it's time to get off the plane. And I'm telling you, for me, it works better then waiting to get up and seeing if I can use the bathroom and stretching my legs and sitting back down and getting a snack. And the snack is not good. But now I' a little snack and I'm hungry. No, what I'm doing is regimented training.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'll like human, g I am human? Okay, major, well, damn really quickly. I need to pee all the time, and I've chosen the window seat. Should I try and change it? You probably should sleep when you're in the aisle, though I don't think you can. You can rest, yeah, damn, but most people don't feel comfortable tapping the ale person to get up, So hopefully you're in an hour of people who are just like the embarrassment of disrupting this strange, beautiful but slightly odd lady is too much to bear. I am a self described and perhaps now described by the general consensus of everybody ever that has existed, have a big forehead.
Speaker 2: Which can I quickly intercept right now? I allow you this, I feel is the most potent form of reverse psychology I've ever witnessed in my entire life. What kind of person with a regular sized forehead would start her own campaign to get the Internet to validate her in having an above average sized forehead just to now deny claims.
Speaker 1: Look, someone say it's attention seeking. Others would say it is a redirected body. Dysmorphia. However, it is what it is.
Speaker 2: They're talking, and they're talking.
Speaker 1: I will say it was something that I was actually concerned about. I wouldn't I wouldn't be comfortable coming on the record to say I have an enormous forehead. However, if we're going to just do a bit of a.
Speaker 2: Fact check, do you do browse count as forehead?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: You covered your brows though, forehead?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got a forehead. So everyone's having me on everyone mate. Anyway, someone messaged me saying, you know, potentially this means you have a larger intellect than others, a larger prefronts a mistake. Someone isn't working out and even I know that. No, And they also said back in aristocratic times it was attractive. So there's that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, what percentage of what's say, the Australian population do you think would I identifies having a big forehead. It's not a characteristic that I would be identify heaps often.
Speaker 1: I don't want to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't onto a headcap in the room.
Speaker 1: It's not on me. It's not on me to do that. I can only speak on behalf of myself. No, no, no, no, no, I don't. I don't indulge in that.
Speaker 2: But you're like that guy, that US politician Mitch McConnell who keeps a buffering time.
Speaker 1: Babe, leave him out of it. Anyway, Allegedly this is a real thing. So there's a podcast called This Past Weekend? Have you heard of it?
Speaker 2: About your sources?
Speaker 1: Yep? And my friend Kitty has sent me a little grab of said podcast where he was interviewing a guy called Malcolm Gladwell.
Speaker 2: Have you heard of him?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Who is he?
Speaker 2: Outliers?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Whatever that is? Here we go. He is self described has quite a sizeable forehead.
Speaker 3: It would be my perception there is. But I don't know if I thought that.
Speaker 2: If I know that you look smart because I've read some of your books and I think that you're smart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Or is it because.
Speaker 3: It's the forehead, it's not the hair.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Actually this is true or not. But maybe someone read somewhere someone was telling me people do false sleep. But nonetheless, it's a stereotype about people with big foreheads. I have a very high forehead and it slopes back my mom's forehead. People think that means I have a big brain. I don't think it does. I think I just have a high forehead.
Speaker 1: It slops back. I mean, speak for yourself, King, but it's checking out.
Speaker 2: I mean, we do. Is this a good time to reveal what your atar was?
Speaker 1: I'll let them. I'll let them assume.
Speaker 2: Ninety seven point ninety five correct, correct the next time you try and infer that Frooms is just a pretty face, no brain, empty head. There was some heavy amongst other things.
Speaker 1: There's some heavy shootering involved and some subjects selected to increases rama. However, we did what we did. You've been listening to The flexen Froom's daily podcast. For more, Tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.