Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reload, the podcast last week they light Welcome back to TV Reload. My name's Benjamin Norris, and on this podcast I go behind the scenes with the biggest players in television. Each episode you will get a front row seat with content makers like executive producers, writers, editors, and casting agents, plus the talent that we see on our screens. TV Reload reloads the shows that you are currently watching and gives you a better insight at our television industry and streaming services today. On the podcast, I have second to vict Mel from Big Brother twenty twenty two Back to the Future, which is now on Channel seven from Monday to Wednesday. The first cut is often the deepest, but as Mel leaves the competition second, I can't help but wonder what else we would have gained from her experience. Being just a little longer, Mel was a beacon of shining light. Her positivity and energy is super prevalent in this chat, and today you will get to hear everything about her time in the Big Brother House. Go behind the scenes as Mel unpacks the highs and lows, find out some secrets that we didn't see on the show, and I'll also reignite a famous tradition with Gretel Colleen's top ten questions, made famous from the first iteration of the series back when it debuted in two thousand and two. However, let's get started with Mel, affectionately known as Mel from Melbourne, as we welcome her to TV Reload.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to be anything other than myself.
Speaker 3: This year it's my twenty first birthday.
Speaker 2: They were just like, we think that you could be different for the house and.
Speaker 3: I've invited housemates both new and legendary.
Speaker 2: Yeah. What, it's a funny thing called hindsight.
Speaker 3: Will experience be enough to take on the next generation of housemates?
Speaker 2: I wish I could turn back time and do a little bit more research and.
Speaker 3: The new contender out Big Brother.
Speaker 2: Just because things happened to you when you're younger for all different reasons doesn't mean it's all you know doom and gloom.
Speaker 3: This is Big Brother.
Speaker 1: Hey, Mel, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm well? How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm very good because I get to sit down and talk about Big Brother with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, big Brother, you mean big little lies?
Speaker 1: Okay, why are you calling it big little lies?
Speaker 2: I don't know if you realize, But like I was under the impression that we were all telling the truth, but we were.
Speaker 1: So what you're saying is that there was a lot of liars in the show.
Speaker 2: Yes, did someone SAYKFC? Of course there was lying going on. That's why I'm out, baby, That's why I'm out.
Speaker 1: Well, we are getting a little ahead of ourselves. Mel You're very well known on the social scene of Melbourne. Where did the nickname Mel from Melbourne come from?
Speaker 2: So? I was atendant for ten years and having a lot of different bases within Australia, there's a lot of other males. So rather than describe me with Mal the tall, blonde, the loud, the energy, it was just Mal from Melbourne. You know Mal from Albourn, you know Mal of Melbourne, you know, And it just stuck. And I have been receiving that for as over ten years now, because I've been a flight attendant for like longer than ten years. But yeah, I'm kind of listening to it now, going wow, hearing it on TV is a bit different than hearing it in the crew room, but that's okay. Sorry, I'm adjusting. I'm Melanie Todd and I'm from Albourn and I'm forty years young. The housemates, a lot of them will be a little bit like, WHOA, what have I got here? I know, my high energy isn't for everybody here, but then so many will be like, thank god she's here us because time flies when you're having fun, and I bring the fun. I was Cavin Crue for ten years. I've always been able to adapt in every situation because you never know what you're going to get on each aircraft and what sort of guests you're going to have to deal with. I guess that's what gives me the preparation that I can handle anything.
Speaker 1: I can't think of anyone who's been in Big Brother who has had their names sort of changed to being Mel from Melbourne.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Big Brother would always say Hi Benjamin, you know, but in actual fact, you've coined the phrase Mel Mel from Melbourne.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of lucky because I think that's another unforgettable moments in my life where you know, I rewrit Big Brothers you know way of doing things. You know, I must have some sort of special talent.
Speaker 1: After all, How does someone full of sunshine and positivity end up on a competitive show like Big brother in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: Well, there was a thing called COVID, and there was a thing called botom and isolation and quarantine. And I was being very very honest throughout my social medium media forums, and people were screenshotting my funny things. And I'll give you an example. When I wasn't flying, I moved back home and I was a forty year old girl living in a bedroom where there was glowing the dark stickers on my wall. And I went back in time and all of a sudden, I was fifteen. So I was quite active and open with what I was, you know, how I was feeling in those you know, uncertain times. And someone screenshot at it to the right people and they were like, we would like to put her on Big Brother, would Chip be up for it? And I was like when in Rome, like, you know, put nothing else to do. Isolation is not happening for me right now. And hey, they've got a poll in Spa and they've got people to play with, so isolation just got better. So that's why.
Speaker 1: So they contacted you. So they'd seen you Instagram and being fabulous and they've contacted you. So no application process, well.
Speaker 2: They had to do still do that because what they wanted to know is they wanted to tell me why I should apply. And they did not talk to me about strategies and gameplays and lies. They were just like, we think that you could be different for the house. This could be, this could be new, this could be you know, like you could change things. And I was excited because I was thinking, I've got a bigger Instagram Facebook called the Big Brother House. I can I can share share my humor and funny stories, you know, on a on a bigger stage.
Speaker 1: But did you watch much of this new incarnation of Big Brother. I mean, we all know that Big Brothers had a bit of a glow up and it's no longer you know, Sarah Marie making fish and chips in the kitchen. Had you seen that it had like a complete change?
Speaker 2: You know what. It's a it's a funny thing called hindsight, and I wish I could turn back time and do a little bit more research. However, I while I was in isolation waiting to go into the house, I watched a few clips and I was like, oh, you know, there's it's a bit different. But I still believed that because everyone that I'd spoken to you know, leading up to it, like you know, producers and things like that. They were like, yeah, mall, that's your tactic. You are very relative, and they kind of made me believe that that was a secret weapon, like being a friendly person. Oh wow, you've got it. I didn't have it, And yeah, I wish I kind of got a little bit more secret weapons other than just a friendly personality.
Speaker 1: But you live yourlyn I think that your kind of experience. Though, even though you've come out and your personality probably doesn't lend itself as much to that sort of competitive process, I think the integrity of who you are is still quite protected. I think you've come out of this experience and people have got a fair whack of who you are as a person.
Speaker 2: The housemates expected you. Now I think I've got to believe. It's called high energy and loud loud, loud volume. But I am a lover of life, tornado of happiness, but mostly I'm so kind.
Speaker 1: I could feel like the positivity coming out of you and washing over me. What did Sonya say to you as well when you were going in?
Speaker 2: Oh, she said, I was you know, she could feel the positivity radiating, radiating, and you know, that that's that's an unforgettable moment also that I think about and I smile instantly. But yeah, you know what I all I wanted, like as in, once I understood that I was in you know, like no offense, but like I've been thrown to the wolves, my purpose was greater than ever because I just didn't want to be known as someone that went out of their way to you know, cause trouble or you know, saything bad about others. And my mum's quotes kept on coming into my head in this game preparation where I'm trying to be fierce and strong, and it's like, if you don't have anything nice to say, Melanie, don't say anything at all, and treat people how you want to be treated. So I'm like, oh god, how do I do this without disappointing so many people? So yeah, it was tricky, but I must admit I did stay true to myself, and I have been bombarded with such beautiful messages saying that it was beautiful to see me stay true to myself and not get caught up in it.
Speaker 1: So well, you've just well I see it this way. I think you just transported who you are on the outside world and you've picked it up and put it into the Big Brother experience, and that integrity has stayed the same. I mean you have so many I mean you're very well connected in Melbourne, you have famous connections everywhere all around the world, and so I think it's a good thing that you've been able to go in be who you are and come out with your own integrity.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, I guess. I guess what really made me believe that, you know, like, there is this can do attitude in me is when I got asked to look after the Rolling Stones music group. Once again, the humbleness was in me and I got asked and I asked my parents if it was okay, and my parents were like, oh, my goodness, Nolanie, of course take that opportunity and da da da dah. And then my mom was like, oh, you know, tell them you've got a boyfriend. And I was like, I don't think they would. Yep, okay, yep, cool moum no raies, no raes. And whilst I was, you know, you know, being their hostess of the mostest on their Hunter Valley tour, I was so amazed that I nailed it, but also they couldn't believe that someone like me that you know, hasn't had that experience before except you know, being a flight attendant, like memorize their diet requirements, memorize their you know, their itinery. And they were just like, you've made this effortless like it could have been like, oh, you know, we don't connect with this girl. It's you know, like she's not approachable. And then after the tour, I remember, you know, the band said to me, if you ever feel in doubt, which you know that does happen. I am human. Remember you wowed the Rolling Stones. So having that moment and going into the house, I was like, come on, I wowed the Rolling Stones. I can wow my housemates. But yeah, great experience that I am blessed beyond belief that I you know, can share that story.
Speaker 1: So what happened and what was the anticipation like waiting to go into the house because I know that they can do things like they might leave you in the car for five hours or I mean they're trying to create like a certain tension before they put you in. What happened and what was it like before you went in the house.
Speaker 2: To me, it was the unknown like I normally, you know, like I normally have my phone on me, and I was didn't have my phone on me, and we have a watch, and I didn't know what the time was, and I didn't even know how long I'd been sitting, you know, in the car for And then next minute, Mariah Carey Fantasy came on and I just was like, you know what it's gonna be. Okay, Mariah Carey's talking to me through the radio. We've got this, And I couldn't stop dancing. And even the driver, who was meant to be so poker faced and look at me through the rearview and be like he even snirked at me and went, yeah, this is a good change, you know. And yes, so yeah. It was the build up and the anticipation and the unknown feelings. But when you hear a familiar song, like you just all those butterflies go away, like Miley Cyrus, you know, like hands, yeah, I won't sing because it's not a good thing, but you know what I mean, Like, I just think you find that joy and you hold on to it and it gets you through a little bit more of those nervous feelings.
Speaker 1: I Marian Carey has also saved me, by the way, and probably probably a lot of other people. You know, Big Brother is back with the Ogs, and we have some very iconic players back inside the Big Brother House. If you had known that the format was going this way and that these ogs would be in the house with you, would you have signed up?
Speaker 2: Definitely? Not like like like you're noticing, I didn't really have a lot of knowledge on the show. All the concept of the show. Putting myself in a situation where they've done it before and it's my first rodeo knowledge is power. They're coming in with an understanding of what it's like to have gone through those emotions and you know, had you know, the moments where they were without their normality, And I went in you know, like pretty much blind. Sorry, reg but I just went in thinking that like I had these newbies and we were all thinking that we were on the same page and we could all relate to each other because it was our first time and experience. And then next minute I find out they've done it before, and also they know what to expect and they know how to prepare themselves for what you know, they're like last experience was and what they could do better where I thought there was a hair dryer, Like, I was like, oh, I miss the hair drying brother looking in the cupboards and they're like He's like, no, there's no hair dryer, and I'm like, oh, what do you mean. I'm gonna have wet puppy dog drizzling hair and everyone's gonna think that I don't know how to do my hair properly. So yeah, I would have done things differently for the fact that knowledge is power, and they surely have knowledge because they've done it before.
Speaker 1: Well, they don't have hair dryers because you can't be hair drying your hair because you might miss out on some you know, juicy dialogue from one of the other housemates, you know with the OG's playing this differently to how we saw them the first time round. Had they changed the way in which Australia knew who they were? Like I.
Speaker 2: Watched it last night, you know, I've still got PSD because it was quite scary. The fact that you know, Tim and Reggie use the words if you don't vote for us, so if you don't vote against mal Lulu, We're coming at you. I was like, oh my goodness, I couldn't imagine Readie talking like that a long time ago. You know, I knew Tim was always prank star, and you know I did see him take to Hans whatever the curling thing was, Traitna or whatever, but he never had that viciousness in him. And then there was words like we saved you in the first eviction, Lulu, you owe us, and I was actually like, my mind was blown that it turned into a vicious environment. But also I think it was more cutthroat than Survivor episodes that I've seen this year. And I watched Survivor religiously sad friends on it and they messaged me last night and they actually said to me, I feel for you, Mel because all you wanted to do was do what you do on a daily and just ease people's worries and make the day go quick by spreading joy. But they had their eyes on the prize, and you know, eyes on the prize means we will throw anyone out of the house literally to get what they want.
Speaker 1: Is it a long term goal though, because no matter how you play the game throughout the show, and you might make it to the end by wheeling and dealing and being very cutthroat. Australia is still going to have to pick a winner. So, no matter what these people are doing to keep themselves in the show, is it a long term game, should they maybe being more mindful of their integrity of how they're playing the game one.
Speaker 2: Hundred percent, Because we're in twenty twenty two and it's not black and white anymore. It's there's there's a beautiful color called gray, and sometimes, you know, the viciousness and that fight can kind of make people think you're not, you know, as kind or as nice as what they once thought you were. And we all have an idea of how you know our person that we've been watching for years, and they disappoint you, it would be really really you know, sad if they lost respect to Reggie last night when they went in for the attack. But hey, like you know, or like hopefully it doesn't happen. But I'm just saying that with me, if I was to see my person that I've always thought was amazing do something that kind of made me think, well, that's new to me, it would take me a little bit to just understand that that's that's the new Reggie, that's the new team in this game.
Speaker 1: Two point zero, two point oh, Tim two point oh, Reggie two point oh. I think both of them, knowing them as well as I do, they have been watching this Channel seven version and they know that they actually have to be cut throat to make it through the game. Who was more trustworthy the newbies or the ogs?
Speaker 2: Oh? Newbies for sure, for sure. Like even though Gabby you know, did what she had to do and Lulu did what she had to do, they What I felt is that it wasn't frightening to have a conversation with them, or to see them have a conversation with others, like when Tim and Reggie want something. Oh. I was trembling watching it last night. I was like, Paul, Lulu, She's like, let me think about it, and like, what do you mean let me think about it. I'll come back to you. And she's trying to like deflect the situation because she knows I'm around the corner and I don't miss a beat. Like I actually can see myself going, oh, that's interesting that those three are in the you know whatever that area is called. I think Tim came up with a name. But my PSD is sort of blocking me from actually remembering most of the house. But the point of the story is that even two people confronting one person is an ambush, and that to itself isn't like Reggie and Tim because they normally, you know, would probably have a conversation one on one with people because it's a little bit more gentle. But the word gentle isn't in Big Brother twenty twenty two. It's a cutthroat and you know, it's a game and feelings are forgotten out. And I learned that watching myself in the eviction jet.
Speaker 1: You know, Mel from my perspective and watching it, you seem to be talking people up and you seem to have divided your time away from strategy. Did you choose that or were the housemates inside the house just not involving you in you know, the deals and the contracts.
Speaker 2: That's a brilliant question. Thanks for asking that, because a lot of people that I've spoken to is like, God, now you dropped the ball, and I was like, but I didn't get the invite to RSVP, Like I didn't know that things were going on. And also, you know, with the person that I am, like, I get so caught in the moment of being present with whoever I'm talking to. If I'm hyping them up. If I'm telling Dave you know that we can distract him with a memory game instead of coffee, or I'm doing something that you know at the time feels really relevant, I don't know that there's a conversation going on in another room plodding against me. So yeah, it was a bit a bit of an an eye opener for me that I wasn't involved in a lot and I'm thinking to myself, how did I not get the invitation? But yeah, it is what it is. I think that you're right, and thank you for acknowledging that, you know, I was hyping others up and I was missing vital, vital, vital conversations. But yeah, I don't know that answer rather than I wasn't invited or I missed that I could see them lingering and walking over to that room where the conversation would be held. Yeah, rookie era.
Speaker 1: You know, before I even did Big Brother in twenty twelve, someone who'd done the show before said to me, housemates are like vampires, and they will drain what they need from you, and once they've got it, they move on. And so the way I did the show was I made sure that they were never taking everything from me. And yet while you were doing the show, I think you are one hundred and ten percent. In the real world, you are one hundred and ten percent. Do you think maybe that you gave yourself up to these people too much, not leaving yourself with enough.
Speaker 2: I wish I knew that analogy before I went into the house, because now I understand why so many people did come to me with their problems, because maybe they were distracting me. And you know, like I guess the old saying is, they were probably taking everything out of my tank, so I didn't have anything left for myself. But you know, in this beautiful world called you know, you put out what you get back. And I'm proud of the fact that, you know, Alicia was having, you know, some down moments talking about some personal things, and I flipped the script for her. I made her laugh and things like that, and you know, like I had some heartfelt conversations with Josh that even you know, convinced him to stay. And he's like the most stubborn person I've ever met. So I have to understand that, yes, the sunshine and this positivity girl has different sides, and the depth is really really powerful, and I hope that the conversations I did have in the house were meaningful as much as what they meant to me.
Speaker 1: You know, people inside this particular social experiment can be very different to the way they act in real life. I mean, I again was told by a producer before doing the show that you an extroverted person can be become introverted, an introverted person can become extroverted, So people inside this experiment can be very different. Were you surprised that some people have been vastly different to who they were inside the show? Inside the house, I don't know.
Speaker 2: How to be anything other than myself, So I guess I take pride in the fact that what I've watched is exactly what I'm like, you know, on an everyday basis, except you know, the conditions are very very different. But yeah, it's it's interesting to think that, you know, like, we're all so different in our own ways, and that's great. While we all can't be the same, because otherwise the world will be different. But I kind of have connected to the people that I've connected with because I guess they choose me, and they choose me, choose me loudly and they choose me proudly and other people haven't chosen me, and that's okay, But it's interesting because the real conversations that I did have with them in the house, I thought, you know, they would never put me in positions that I was in. So yeah, to answer that question, I expect the unexpected. Everyone's surprising me lately. Everyone.
Speaker 1: Side note. The other day when we were at the launch party in Melbourne, You're launch party four, Big Brother, I said to you that you have a double ganger, and I think I've worked it out. Is it a mashup of Cameron Diaz and Anna Faris from you know scary movie?
Speaker 2: Oh please please do not say that. So Cameron Diaz, I love that's That's that actually sits well with me. The Anna one not so much because she pulls a lot of crazy faces and she is crazy in most movies. So yeah, you're probably right, damn you.
Speaker 1: So we saw some hilarious antics of yours, which we've seen on the extras Channel seven mainked and you know we've seen it on the socials. What's a storyline that we didn't see on the main channel that we that maybe you think as an audience, we've been robbed.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I guess my purpose of like really really wanting people to understand is like I got barely bullied in school from grade one to y're a because you know, I had thick, thick glasses because I had astigmatism in my eye and you can't wear cool glasses when you've got such damaged eyes. But I think also I just wanted you know, the public to understand that even the hardest times that I went through in school, when they were really really difficult, like in high school, I think I got called a surfboard every minute of the day because I believe it or not, I didn't have a chest and now I do when it's real and spectacular, just in case anyone wanted to know. But the point of the story is life goes on and you do still get some joyful, joyful times in life after you know such a you know, heartaching time of my life. I wanted kids today to understand and believe and have hope that just because things happen to you when you're younger for all different reasons, doesn't and it's all you know, doom and gloom, you know, like there you can you can overcome it and I am still the bubbliest person in the room when I have every reason to to, you know, to lose faith in in in humans and to you know, be be disappointed in how I was treated. But instead I love fiercely as you could see, and I love freely. But I also you know, want everyone to be seen and heard and accepted. And if I could just you know, give one message, it is that when this is happening to you, it's not you personally, it's whatever that person you know is going through at the time. But also it's doing you a favor because it's got it's eliminating you from people that aren't your your tribe. It's it's creating another tribe for you that is bigger and will understand you, you know more, because you know, you don't want to be around people that you know, say all those nasty things about you.
Speaker 1: I think there was a lot of positivity about who you were on the show. But I want to know from you watching it back, what's your favorite moment. What's something that happened in the series that you're glad that Australia got to see?
Speaker 2: Uh in the deleted scenes? Yeah, but you mean on the show on the show. Well, the snippets that I saw, there was always me, you know, consoling someone like Estelle got nominated and she was crying and I gave her a kiss on the cheek because I just don't hold back with affection. It's a good thing and a bad thing. And also, I guess I was always me. I was always trying, you know, to just radiate the joy that we all need sometimes. And yeah, I the scenes that weren't shown were my favorite, and that's the getting to know your housemates the most. I just thought that that was the most joyful scene, not just because of the tap dancing, but I like, we actually thought Estelle could play violin. Like we were just so you know, excited and so happy that we were doing something, you know, in that joyful moment that no right or wrong or like whether or not there was talent, it didn't matter. It was just we just saw so much in it that everything just got blurred out, like we thought that we were all talented because I guess we were just in that moment.
Speaker 1: Well, we're going to check that out.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: We're going to play a little clip from what is being played on the extras. This is something just a little bit extra that people might not have seen, and you can catch up on seven Mate and on the social channels.
Speaker 3: Are you looking forward to opening a delivery from home?
Speaker 1: I am?
Speaker 2: I really am.
Speaker 4: Well, now there's something a little different about your package. Oh how so instead of your box containing a personal item special to you, it's not actually yours. Big Brother has a secret mission for you. Your task is to open the box and convince your housemaids this random item does indeed hold a special place in your heart. You must come up with a believable story on the spot and sell it hard. You cannot see it, yeah, until you get out there.
Speaker 2: So when I was a little girl, I got really badly bullied and I used to watch movies and just want to be like everybody else because that mean I didn't have to live the life that I lived. If I could just tap, maybe I could be someone else for a day.
Speaker 1: So how beautiful?
Speaker 2: And these tahoes really got me through some really hot can you tap for us? Oh? Is they gonna fig me out? Like? All right, I'll give you a shuffle.
Speaker 1: One thing I like to say to people when they've come out of Big Brother is you know, yes, we've all gone on the show to you know, win two hundred and fifty thousand dollars and take the title, or you know, I don't know, you know, get a job on Totally Wild or whatever. But I always say to people, whether we or lose, you always get something. Do you think that this Big Brother experience came into your life for the right reason? Do you think it's put you on a better path?
Speaker 2: Oh? Definitely. Everything happens for a reason. And I believe that we gravitate to where we're meant to be or you know, what we should you know, you know, try or learn about self. Reflection is a big thing for me. Like I learned a lot about myself watching myself and others, and it is that I still am very sensitive and as much as you know, I've done a lot of work on myself and therapy and therapy and therapy to you know, to become the person that I am today. You know, growth is a dance, like it can be triggered and it happens. It's not a light switch. You don't just forget about things just like that. Like it's it's tricky. So I think the thing is with me is what will be will be and there's a lot of closed doors in the world. You better have an interesting knock. My interesting knock is on Male of Melbourne. And yeah, I'm proud of everything I brought into that house because I can honestly tell you I sleep very well at night knowing that I'm magnified everyone's greatness and I made everyone feel like they are a somebody and they've got a lot to offer.
Speaker 1: So something I'm gonna do to say to celebrate Big Brother twenty one years is I'm going to go back and ask Gretel Colleen's top ten questions to all the eliminated housemates. So we're going to go, what did you miss the most inside the Big Brother House?
Speaker 2: Please don't say mobile phone, Please don't say mobile phone. I miss conversations with my mum. My mum's a very, very wise lady, and I actually was quoting a lot of her quotes in the house that even Tim recited a few times, which was mind blowing because I didn't think I could have impact on him, considering apparently, you know, I was trying too harder on too much. But anyway, Yeah, I'm my mum. I have really really deep conversations with my mum, and she's my role model.
Speaker 1: Who was your favorite person? Who was your favorite housemates?
Speaker 2: Dave? Definitely Dave. Oh how could we not? How could I not say Dave?
Speaker 1: Who was your least favorite person inside the Big Brother House?
Speaker 2: Wow? I don't really like to answer these questions because it's not mal friendly. The least person, I'm sorry, Tim, was you because I was very intimidated to like really have honest, vulnerable chats.
Speaker 1: So who had the most annoying habit inside the house?
Speaker 2: Uh? Oh, Alicia. One day she picked up all her nails and left them on the you know, the lounge room table for days. And I know, and I like couldn't believe that, like it was okay, like like she didn't think that that was a bad thing.
Speaker 1: Who was the funniest person in the house.
Speaker 2: Oh Dave for sure. Definitely Dave. Oh, Dave is hilarious.
Speaker 1: Who was the laziest person in the house?
Speaker 2: Oh, poorly shut But she admitted it. She said that she didn't really have the like she didn't she didn't really know how to participate in cooking and stuff like that, because you know, like she just it wasn't her strength. So still, Alicia, because I don't think I yeah, no one actually omitted it except her.
Speaker 1: To me, what is your greatest regret?
Speaker 2: Ah, my greatest regret was probably I didn't And I don't like the word regret because regret haunts me. And I'm so okay with with everything that's you know, happened and the experience. However, the male that's a flight attendant is fierce, it's unstoppable, and I just I didn't think I showed that, or I didn't really think it had time to come out yet, because you know, I was so about joy, like my motto is never postponed joy. Because we had those two years of uncertainty, I just don't want to add to someone's worries. I want to ease them and I want to make them laugh and I want to make them smile. And me concentrating on that lost the role model I am in my workplace that you know, nothing's below me, nothing's above me. I make things happen. But also I think out of the square and I've got so many proud moments where people have gone, WHOA. I didn't think she had that in her and I didn't show that. And that's the regret, because there is so many different sides to me, depths funny, you know, like the joy and everything like that. But whoa mate? I am unstoppable when I put my mind to something, didn't get to see it.
Speaker 1: But who do you think is going to be out next week? So who do you think is going to follow you out of that Big Brother house?
Speaker 2: It'll be the Als. It'll either be Leila or Lara, because when I was involved in conversations their names came up a bit.
Speaker 1: Who do you think will win? So when you finished up at the competition when you did, who did you think was going to win the show?
Speaker 2: I want Dave to win so bad, like I've got a big Dave crush. But it's not even that, Like I just I give credit where credits to and Dave is a phenomenal human. However, he's also like someone that inspires me greatly because his charity, Rough Track, is doing so much good for people, and he would do wonders with that money. But also he knowing that he won that, I think it would just mean the world to him. And if that's going to make him happy, I'm all about it.
Speaker 1: Well, there's some great answers there. This is something I ask everyone that joins the podcast, What is something from behind the scenes that we didn't see that we won't see from your time inside the show, something from behind the scenes of Big Brother, from your experience.
Speaker 2: This is? This?
Speaker 4: Was this?
Speaker 2: I wish I wish this got aired because I in the moment of you know how I was feeling, and I was still able to bring some humor to that eviction chair is I Drew looked at me and he was like, emt with you know you okay? And I was like, I just hope it's not another pillow toss. And he fell off his chair and he laughed so loudly. I've never seen Drew actually laugh uncontrollably, like he was off his chair crying. And I just remember thinking to myself, anytime you can bring humor to a difficult situation, you win. Because I forgot that I could go home. Seeing Drew laugh uncontrollably just made me think I do have a gift, because Drew doesn't really really let loose like that. Drew doesn't like he doesn't bally laugh no, no, bally laughing. Well, I've never never seen him do that. And I was like, Okay, I'm gonna be okay, if I can still bring humor in even like the most you know, serious sad moments that I'm you know, going through right now. So yeah, I just think about Drew falling off the chair laughing uncontrollably, and just thinking I can make Drew laugh, which it's it's not always an easy thing because he does have a stronger exterio, thank you, because some words don't come easy to me unless it's male friendly dialogue than I talk about every day.
Speaker 1: What is so your Kruger doing when that stuff is happening, you know, I mean she's interrogating everyone. So when you know you're making Drew laugh and he's rolling on the ground, what it's so on your Kruger doing at that point?
Speaker 2: Well, I remember being brother kept on saying because this is when it was everyone's going to you know, say their final votes and everything like that. It was serious quiet time and very serious quite time. And it was like being in school when your teacher says, don't say anything, and you just have to say and then you're get in trouble. But yeah, it was it was the quiet time that wasn't allowed to be you know, displayed the way it was. But I remember looking at Sonya and I think Sonya even went. But yeah, I just wish, I just wish the timing was better and I could have, you know, made true laugh like that whilst we were allowed to, you know, on a normal you know, on a different day.
Speaker 1: Well, mal Mail from Melbourne. I just want to say thank you so much for your time on the show. It is time for you to go, and I think Australia has really enjoyed getting to know you and moving forward. I think people can follow you on social media and they can be in your audience because I can tell you now I will forever be in your audience. And you know you're a part of the Big Brother family.
Speaker 2: Now, oh what you don't even you'ren't even reading a script? Like how are you just so good with articulating your words. I've got a lot learn from you. I'm so glad that the experience has happened. You know, it's once in a lifetime and I'm a very very lucky girl to have experienced that and have met so many wonderful people and you know, have got some good friendships that you know that will be remaining for a very long time. But also I just have been loving the fact that like I'm holding a microphone, like this is new to me. Everything's so exciting. Yeah, thank you, Ben. I really appreciate all your kind words. And you know, what a great what a great way to finish me well, pardon the pun, but what a great way to end such a beautiful podcast. What you do matters and I'm a big fan. You've already won me over. Please don't see Mele of Melbourne