Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Yesterday we were talking about what's the shortest time from buying something to breaking it. We got this amazing story from Michael which gives us another idea.
Speaker 3: First halfur was the car story way Claire. I had the police officers come around to say that I recovered it, bring out the insurance to let him know that the carl was banned, and now laid the police officers going back and said I got to stolen off the tow truck.
Speaker 2: So basically I said to Michael yesterday that is like the shortest victory lap ever and we want to know your stories. Is basically the quickest time you've ever gone for being a hero good news to suddenly being a loser like Michael, we found your car, to sudden an hour later, go now it's been stolen again. So very short victory laps for the better calls between now and eight o'clock we have These were the hot item yesterday. Forget about this radio station's golden ticket. No one was asking for the golden ticket yesterday. Go on the short list. They wanted one of our very exclusive pens. We've got one hundred Christian O'Connell Show pens by Friday at nine o'clock. Whatever is left, I'm binning. Okay, these all have to go by the end of the show. Last show of the year this Friday at nights. If you want one, get them while we still got them. Shortest victored app Stories.
Speaker 1: Carl Ber, you're listening to the Christian Okyl Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Shortest vitored app Stories. How quickly can we find you going from winning to losing? Jay? Grade six? I was in Christian opening game of the interschool footy Seas in my first game ever, fairywet Day in Melbourne, crazy muddy oval kick to goal that put us ahead shortly before the final siren. Surreing goes impulsively. I celebrate, as I've seen on TV by diving headphones onto the overload some of the mud. However, I lacked the forward trajectory or quired to send me sliding. Instead, I just slammed sumach, winning myself severely struggling to breathe, requiring urgent medical attention. My friends, who originally running to celebrate, were now had to sit with me, concerned when I.
Speaker 4: Tried to breathe, put my coach to get me on to help pick me up and carry me off and then give me back in my five feet gingerly walking back to the lockers being laughed a good times je.
Speaker 5: It looks so strange to any spectators because it looks like a man just belly flopping onto the ground.
Speaker 2: Jay, that's the kind of thing we're looking for, Jay, I will reward you of our finest pens nine four one four one o four three. Rachel, good morning.
Speaker 5: Good morning, how are you Christian?
Speaker 2: I'm good, Rachel. So what was your quick victory lap?
Speaker 5: I had a bran new kitchen installed, and that evening my husband went to work, and I decided to cook myself a steak. So I put the fry pean on the back burner and then I decided I'd go and have a shower. And while I was in the shower.
Speaker 2: No, we don't move that quickly into shell a steak. Only taste a cuple of minutes.
Speaker 4: I like it well cooked, more than eight minutes to get one well done.
Speaker 2: You're going to rotate the steak as well?
Speaker 5: Oh no, I know, like a super side.
Speaker 2: Why you're going have a shower, But like, yeah, I'd never cook a steak and then go and have a shower that shut in there, I do my hair. Actually I'm a conditioner, blow dry it. So what happens? I meanwhile back at the state while you're doing the shower routine. What happened to the steak?
Speaker 5: I heard a loud pop. So I quickly dried myself and went out to the kitchen. And when I got there, I found that the fire retund splashback had exploded and popped.
Speaker 2: Even that flame retarded.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not flame return only fire RETU don't. So I had ruined the new splashback.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I guess your husband was really impressed.
Speaker 5: Yes, he still reminds me of it to this day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rachel, Rachel, we've got to give you a pan. Okay, one for you, one for your husband.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: All right, Rachel, take care, thank you very much. Just go to Greg naw Greg. Good morning, great Christian. Greg. What's your It sounds like you're installed in the losing phase of this story. So Greg, what happened? How do you go from winning to lose in your short victory lap?
Speaker 1: Yes, when I was younger and the two young twin boys are having a bit of a barney in the house. One grabbed the old DHS tape and threw it his brother and missed and went straight through the glass window door. So decided to do the right thing and the old rented house gate down and buy a whole, brand new panel of glass and took the door off, put in the garage, laid the new glass in and turned around to go inside and bump the broom and watch the broom handle go straight down through the middle of the pain of No.
Speaker 2: Greg, it's almost too cruel, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Very much So it's when you're watching in slow motion and there's nothing you can do about it.
Speaker 2: Oh, Greg, that's horrible. I feel about even laughing, just like, oh no, what do you have to do? Go back and repeat the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, go back. And then it was that old stole frosted glass, so I remember, not the last lot of the previous ones. So we had to go for the good old plane glass on the third, Troy. And when you put it in again, just back away slowly from the glass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very much.
Speaker 1: So, no one around, Everyone leave the room quietly.
Speaker 2: Greg will send you Penn. Thank you very much, the story mate, have a good day.
Speaker 3: You too.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast coome Morning, David.
Speaker 6: Good morning guys.
Speaker 2: O bestial. Thank you very much, David, and what's your short victory lap story for us?
Speaker 3: I used to go.
Speaker 6: I was flying to Sydney. I used to be travel agents and I was just a cheap economy seat and I get tapped on the shoulder and said, look, I'm terribly sorry, we're going to have to move you up to first class. And I am punch in the air and I stand up, looked around and strolled very confidently and into my first class seat, and I'm thinking, this is it, this is how you travel. I had a buckle up, I had a look at the menu, and literally thirty seconds after I've sat down, she tatched it on the shoulder and says, I'm really really sorry, We're going to have to move you again. And I thought, well, there's no further forward the first class. Wrong. They walked me into the cockpit, fold down the little jump seat behind the pilot and said there you go. So that is seat and there's no meals and they said, sorry, we han't go any meals for you, but we can give you our institute a little.
Speaker 2: Straw in the top. I've never heard them putting a passenger in the cockpit the whole four years ago. They used to before nine to eleven. Yeah, there was like a single sort of fold down seat there. Yeah, I remember that. It was the worst seat on the plane.
Speaker 6: I'm six foot one and.
Speaker 2: You guys want to watch Big Bang Theory. Now you probably have to fly the plane, so we'd like to move into first class for thirty seconds to enjoy it. You should have wolved down all the food and drink and cheese you could do in thirty seconds. David, that's a great one. We'll give you one of our first class Christian O'Connor's chopens.
Speaker 6: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Great story, David, Thank you very much. Glenn, good morning.
Speaker 6: Good morning.
Speaker 7: So here. I was up for our Springs doing the Think Desert Race. Had a really good ride, felt good. Came in about one hundred position out of six hundred, which is good. Got it all pumped coming over the finish line for the pop a wheelie got it up onto the back wheel, and just as I was going underneath the finishing line, I threw it all the way and ended up finishing the race about two meters behind my bike as it was flying through the air. Came off just like ading my shoulder.
Speaker 2: But what a what a showman? Finished though, that's evil can Eagles style finished places.
Speaker 8: There?
Speaker 2: We'll give you a pen. That's a great story. Thank you very much for showing it with us. Mate, jeez, let's go to Nikki, Nikki Hi hike teams. Nikki, what is your story? That about a short victory lap?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 8: So I signed up for a triathlon. I'm no athlete by any imagination, so it was more just a participation event for me, and so I was very surprised when I got the second fastest time and only to realize later on that I missed half of the course.
Speaker 2: Athlete next time in pink.
Speaker 9: Cold absolutely no training required, Oh Nikki. That's I only realized when because my family had come to support me, that my kids had made beautiful signs go mummy, and I didn't didn't see them on the course, and they didn't see me because they were at a part of the course that I obviously didn't get to.
Speaker 2: What is Shane at that early finish? Loan for you there, Oh Nikki, that is an amazing story, NICKI would have to give you a chow pen for that one. Thank you very much. According with it, that's a great one. Thanks guys, Thank you. By The Christian O'Connell Show podcast