Speaker 1: Now we all love a freebie in our lives, right, Like everyone gets a bad day turned around if you get something for free, like a free coffee or free.
Speaker 2: Juice or a hundred possessions when you win something. Laura, it used to be like the radio price pig. So she's always cool up radio and get free stuff.
Speaker 3: It was how my love of radio started. Yeah, it was surprised.
Speaker 1: And you're a kleptomaniac now, so it all ties in. It ties in now. The reason I bring this up is because I'm a bit conflicted. I love to scroll TikTok at the end of the day. Every night I lie in bed, nice scroll TikTok. And there's this account that I always see. It's this beautiful young woman living in Europe and she goes around, finds different men in social situations. She's got one of her friends secretly filming her. She approaches the man, she bats her eyelids. She's wearing a gorgeous outfit, she's got a face full of makeup. She looks really beautiful, and she starts with a simple conversation, Hey, how are you how's your day going. Then she hits them with a question, can you buy me something. It can be a lunch snack, it can be a sandwich. It can even be items as big as a d or or a Mark Jacob's handbag. Have listened to it to this video.
Speaker 4: I'm Leila, Yes, I'm not so I have to confess I did come over here with a little question.
Speaker 1: Actually, I've been having like a really tough day.
Speaker 2: There's like a Mark Jacob's pop up like over that I'm wondering if maybe, like you'll be able to come there with me and like get me.
Speaker 1: A big or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's so sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So she's she's using i mean pretty privileged to get free stuff and posting it online.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: My question here, though, is like who is it fault? Is it the guy for being silly enough to buy something, or is it her for being so manipulative that she's doing it in the first place.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, don't as don't get so like she's she doesn't she's shooting her shot. The person doesn't have to say yes, And I would think if someone is saying yes to buying somebody an expensive designer bag, that person has a ridiculous amount of money because the average person isn't going to yeah, a couple of grand well, I don't know how much they are, but like people aren't just throwing that money around totally.
Speaker 4: But I think that this relates to other things like girls at bars and stuff who are like, oh, you know, just like buy me a drink, and then they're using that they have no interest in the guy whatsoever.
Speaker 3: I think it's different if you're using.
Speaker 4: Flirtation and you're kind of trying to trick someone, You're feigning as though you're interested in them and manipulating them almost to spend their money on you. I think that that's really mean. Yeah, so uncomfortable, but.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't compare the two. I don't compare a design a handbag to a totally dollar like rum and coke from the local.
Speaker 1: You haven't been out in a while.
Speaker 3: Inflation really hit. I don't know why that drink. It's not like happy hour, the.
Speaker 2: Old rum and coke from the ri.
Speaker 1: You're such a country girl, and I can I can I say something that I've noticed. I've recently lost forty kilos and I do look physically different, and you know, it's a little bit of a glow up. I feel amazing in myself but I have genuinely noticed a difference in the way people treat me and talk to me in everyday life.
Speaker 3: It's because because we look you in the eye.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, you guys actually remember my name. I was Michael for about six months.
Speaker 3: In what way, Mitch, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean AI am single, yes, But the attention from men. I never had attention from guys, from gay men, ever, ever, ever, no one ever showed any interest in me. I was one hundred and sixty kilos. I was a big boy. I did not have any and I had many friends. But like that sexual chemistry that you know when you're being flirted with, you know, I never had that. Now that I'm forty kilos down and you know, a jawline has appeared out of nowhere, men are more flirty with me, even conversations in the street, in the workplace.
Speaker 2: Mitch, I think genuinely, and I totally appreciate what you're saying. I think genuinely. The biggest thing I have noticed, and I think it all relates, is yes, you are smaller physically forty kilos, but the difference in who you are and the energy you put out is huge. I feel like you're more open to these conversations now, Like you probably don't even realize, but you put out a brand new fire confidence that makes people want to come and approach you, whereas before you probably didn't put that energy out for people to approach you, and you weren't single, so you again weren't putting that energy out. Brett.
Speaker 4: I completely agree with this and the other part as well, and something that I don't think you were that conscious of. But when you were bigger, you used to always punch down on yourself. You would always make jokes about your weight. You have always, yeah, but it was self deprecating to the point where it was constantly put down. And I think when you do that about yourself, you also then make it okay for other people to do it. When you're constantly making yourself the butt of a joke, people think, oh, okay, you're cool with that, like we're cool with making jokes about your weight or your size, and so people would do it without realizing how much it hurt your feelings because you were already doing it.
Speaker 3: And now I think I agree with you, Britt.
Speaker 4: There is this like ridiculous confidence that come, you know, along with the weight loss, has been this new Mitch that's.
Speaker 3: Kind of come out as well.
Speaker 1: I agree. I do think there is though a bias in the way that society looks and treats.
Speaker 3: I agree, I agree, But.
Speaker 2: It's just funny who you are now, Like, now you walk in and you're like, I'm so tired. I stayed up all night because so many people are my depre overflowing.
Speaker 1: Also, can I just address the elephant in the room. Were you guys just flirting with you?
Speaker 3: Then kick that up?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 3: Rum and cokes on me? They're so cheap. Alright, let's go. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: If you missed any of the show, you can podcast it on the iHeartRadio app. Laura had a horrific story about they.
Speaker 4: Cremated the wrong person. They were dead, but it was still the wrong person. You can go and catch up on all of it on our podcast, The pick Up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we'll see tomorrow everyone, guys,