Speaker 1: iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 3: Got anything good?
Speaker 1: Hey, this is.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: You ever been sworn out in Greek? But jesster Kadan just has yo no whoa.
Speaker 4: I just went out to a barrage of I think it was English, but it felt like there was a bit of Greek in there, so I wasn't quite sure what I was copying.
Speaker 1: So are you telling me we're good to go?
Speaker 2: We're good This Friday, Tina, the producer is looking for love on the radio. Welcome to Australia's biggest dates call the Love Line now Tina's sixty second boyfriend. That's why I see it like she chatted to be. But the reason why we're talking about this, by the way, is that a coller called Rodney was on hold for about twelve minutes and in that time he was chatting a lot to producer Tina. Instant chemistry, so much so that he asked her out. Producer Tina was, according to you thinking about dating listener Rodney.
Speaker 4: She look she wasn't. She just said times are tough we just don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe all right, what about we call the idea. Times are tough.
Speaker 2: That's untough than Tina.
Speaker 1: Poor Tina, Poor Tina for.
Speaker 4: This, but also being single. We need to find her love.
Speaker 1: So that's why it's Valentine's this weekend. The show can help.
Speaker 5: Yes, we have the whole of it.
Speaker 2: We can be what do you call a date mate? You know I can be what's that Indian matchmaker? I love watching that TV.
Speaker 4: Show on Netflix is called Indian Matches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why I said it.
Speaker 2: Yeahspokens don't listen very well, don't anyway, as anyone is Tina speaking to anyone now? Is involving Greek square words and curses. She's got a Rosemary beats out. She uses them like nunchucks.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Why don't I crack on with the show while we can still walk?
Speaker 4: Yes, exactly. She might come on at the end of the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well she will get the dumb button. We need to borrow it from Carl and Jackie. Oh, I've never used it in my whole career. I need it today.
Speaker 1: We'll go grab one of the same and they bought it out.
Speaker 2: I warn it out actually now yesterday It's strange how our brains can retain stuff they don't need to, and yet very important details like the birthdates of your children or the phone number of your wife that doesn't get retained. But TV adverts, jingles, some radio adverts stay in there.
Speaker 1: I didn't know this.
Speaker 2: Yesterday evening went out for dinner and my food turned up and there was a side bowl of fries and as the chips, the hot chips were laid down, I started singing, I do even know. I still knew this from one hour was about eight or nine. There's a TV advert about chips, and it went, I hope it's chips, it's chip, I hope it's chip, sis chips. I start singing out. I was out by myself last night. I started singing that, and I'm going, oh my god. I didn't know I still remembered this advert from the eighties. There's chip, says chips. My bloody you was going to bed singing and it won't come This morning.
Speaker 1: I was still singing like a mad man.
Speaker 2: So this morning, I want to know what are the TV adverts and jingles that you still remember. It might be a radio advert, it might be a TV one.
Speaker 1: They staying there.
Speaker 2: Actually, to be fair, a lot of those adverts, it's just the same as writing a hit.
Speaker 4: Song without a doubt.
Speaker 1: It has that instant.
Speaker 2: Hook and chorus and you find yourself repeating it decades later.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's addictive. It just gets in.
Speaker 6: There and you want to get it.
Speaker 1: Yes, what's your one, mate?
Speaker 4: Mine has to be the banana ad that HEIGHT would have listened to every single night before the news. That used to play, and it used to go bad in Australia.
Speaker 2: They were trying to sell you bananas before the news.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 1: That was a bit of a gear change, isn't it. Well.
Speaker 4: They knew that all of our parents want the news, and so it would just be on in the background, like it was my childhood.
Speaker 1: That's when TV news was the only way you got news.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was Thos used to be appointment setting everyone. It was always at the same time, and so that ad would play all the time before it and I still remember it now. It is very simple, but it always went no, no, nana, nana.
Speaker 1: You all know it.
Speaker 2: Years later, Yes, and I met right now, I've got this image of people listening to show all around the country or joining in right now. I wish like goggle bots, we could peer through the speakers, although that would be creepy.
Speaker 1: You did it exact karaoke.
Speaker 2: I think basically the ingredients to really good jingle. They just say the name of it, don't They like chips, It's chips and.
Speaker 1: In Australia bananas. Just do it in a sing song y way, joyous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a banger.
Speaker 1: I have an advers It's like a show stop at a West End musical.
Speaker 2: The curtain comes down, Patsy, what's.
Speaker 1: It for you?
Speaker 4: That's Vigimite, Happy little Vigimite been around since the dawn of time. TV radio everywhere, we always.
Speaker 1: Please don't sing it, pats that voice.
Speaker 2: Fir's like a horror movie growing from every single weekly.
Speaker 7: We all adore our Virgi.
Speaker 2: It puts a rose in every cheek.
Speaker 6: Alex, what's it for you? What's in there? What's stuck in there? My father would only drink one beer and one be rally and that was Tooey's New to E's Draft and.
Speaker 1: The Tow's added.
Speaker 6: They'd always have sporting ads, so they had like it's Lily in one, and then they had Gavin Miller at a former Cronulla Shark of the eighties, who I just loved, and they had this jingle You'll never forget it. I feel like a toys.
Speaker 2: There it is.
Speaker 7: This is another classic iconic app but this is brilliant.
Speaker 1: It's a cheeky one. It's like I don't have one or two static eighties I love it. Christian o'connall show podcast or TV or radio jingle. Can you still remember?
Speaker 2: Maybe it's a Banana's one banger, big strong finish as well?
Speaker 1: That is a classic. What does it makes you feel good? It does alive? An all the station calls, well, good morning, welcome to the show.
Speaker 8: Good morning guys.
Speaker 1: How are we Yeah, we're good will. What's what's the advert that you can still remember?
Speaker 8: Aeroplane jelly yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, go one off? You go?
Speaker 3: God?
Speaker 8: You sure about this? You're going to lose listeners.
Speaker 2: I think we did that ten minutes ago when Patsy starts singing. I mean, angels lose their wings when that happened. So don't worry. That's half the audience has already gone, so that they're all yours. Well you take the end of the rest of half.
Speaker 8: All right, I will do I say it does I like aeroplane jelly. Aeroplane jay for me, I like it for dinner. I like it footsie. Our little lead to day is a good recipe. The qualities high is the name Will. We imply it's made from pure period. One more good reason why I like aeroplane jelly. Here we're fine jelly for me?
Speaker 2: Yay, you know it, Will, I'm going to send you a couple of prizes that honestly word for word.
Speaker 1: How many years old here it is? You did it better? Another classic technique.
Speaker 2: Get an annoying sound, a little kid singing it. I preferred Will's voice. Well that's a great one, mate, Thanks for doing that. Have a lovely day, Thanks for going the show.
Speaker 8: Cheers my babe.
Speaker 1: We got to know. Let's try Jennifer, Jennifer, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Good morning, Jennifer.
Speaker 1: Right, what is still in your head? What can you do now?
Speaker 3: Well, this one won't be as well known because it's from like a northern New South Wales area and it's from the eighties basket shop and it went like every day I've a ride on the highway west of bar and Bay. Biggest bunch of baskets under the Sun come in and say today. And I used to see because I was a kid, that they were saying bastards.
Speaker 2: Maybe we should do misheard adverts. How much money was there in baskets back in the day they could afford their own adverts.
Speaker 3: Well it was barn By, so.
Speaker 1: You know true. It would have been made with hemp. Ye here's the ad. That's it, Bangalore. It does sound like bastards, Bastard's baskets.
Speaker 5: Hello, I only hear that now they're being shaky, Yes they are.
Speaker 1: They knew what they were doing.
Speaker 2: It's only now we get the joke. It's had a real delayed effect decades later. The punchline, Jennifer, thank you very much for calling up for that One
Speaker 1: Christian Little Show podcast