Speaker 1: Great to bounce back to what we did coming off the buy. I couldn't be more proud of a group of men than I am. The players and coaches and how we responded. I thought they were prepared by the coaches and they went out and executed and done an outstanding job. So and I would also say this, you know, as great as that performance was last week, it was last week.
Speaker 2: You know, we got to move on.
Speaker 1: We got a good football team that's coming in here on Sunday in Tampa Bay. Those guys, in my opinion, can do pretty much everything from a standpoint and run the ball. I don't look at the stats and where they are. You look at White and Edmund Chase. They do a great job in toting the rock. Their receivers, as we all know, Evans is probably one of the best in the league. He can run every route on the route tree. He can run by you, Godwin and then as well as Tompkins and Palmer, they can take the top off. So, uh, we're gonna have our hands full. So we gotta do a great job. And I think Baker is playing at the extreme high level.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: He's protecting the football, He's placing it where it needs to be placed. Those guys are rallying behind him. He's a uh fierce competitor. Uh and I'm excited uh how he's playing and uh we gotta do a great job of trying to stop him this week.
Speaker 2: So with that, I take you questions.
Speaker 4: How did the field Uh?
Speaker 2: It wa it was fine? And enjoyed the interaction with the players.
Speaker 1: Uh. I think it was you know, in that regards. It was good to be able to look in their eyes and communicate and you know, create some clarity. And and my thoughts moving to the next series is that the means and you guys.
Speaker 4: Give up three points and forced four takeaways.
Speaker 1: Uh I I believe me, that wasn't nowhere near the reason why. Uh we got good players and me being down on the sideline had nothing to do with it. I.
Speaker 2: I was just really excited once again, how they responded.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm not living in the past.
Speaker 1: I felt like we were a little tired, uh and we needed that buy and you could see when we came back on that Monday that they were fresh with their legs. The attitude was completely different, and we played to our standard this past week and we got to be consistent moving forward.
Speaker 2: See all the.
Speaker 3: Years you've been doing this, I don't know if we asked you last week, how many years have you actually spent upstairs versus on the on the sideline.
Speaker 2: And what is the advantage of being on the sideline? Uh?
Speaker 1: Uh again, I was in the Boxton Caroline, I was on the field in Cleveland. H. I think the advantage is just that direct communication with the players, you know where I thought our communication was great with the coaches, but being able to talk to each position group and hear their thoughts telling my thoughts, it just projects how I think the next series for us calling the game.
Speaker 4: On Sunday, and how is he continued to pick up the defense?
Speaker 2: Uh? I thought he went out there and played well. You know.
Speaker 1: Uh it was a buck eyed meeting and that's the quarterback first per se. So I thought he did some great things.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Causeraca's is in my opinion, and the best dline coach in the league. And he's getting the best teaching and uh, you know, he's continuing to progress and the things that we want him to do in regards to stopping the run and how we play it. But I think right now he's playing well I'm excited to see what he does this week.
Speaker 2: We talked a lot about tying the pass rush to your coverage. It seemed like guys were able to do that.
Speaker 3: On Sunday, Trevor Patent ball a little bit more than easy.
Speaker 2: Just how were you able to do that? What was making that work? Again?
Speaker 1: I thought we compliment each other well. Also coming out of the buy, just trying to evaluate, you know, our coverage is our front most importantly, how they look, you know, and what you know, what I had been calling previous weeks and what we tried to be able to do is just work on our disguise a little bit more and try to create some confusion, you know, to where maybe he thought we were coming when we work, we're not coming. And then vice versas we sitting, I can all of a suddenly bring pressure. So it's it's just definitely trying to take the game out of the coordinator's hand and a lot of the quarterback to bed and see certain things post snap.
Speaker 2: Thomas and what can you do differently with him on the field as posted to.
Speaker 1: I say, Oliver, I like Ambry. I thought Ambry did some great things in preseason and also too just to speak on Oliver. Oliver I thought, has you know, helped us win a lot of football games early on.
Speaker 2: He's gonna continue to help us win games.
Speaker 1: This this league is all about, you know, each week is matchups and different things. So I felt that Demo played well inside. Amory just brings a different element when he can play outside.
Speaker 2: I love his man the man technique.
Speaker 1: I think he you know, he's quick in and out of his breaks, and he's physical, you know, he steps up in the tackles.
Speaker 2: And I love the way he took the ball away.
Speaker 1: You know, in plus territory when those guys had three points, we took points off the board.
Speaker 2: Play eight games and everybody pretty much agreed.
Speaker 3: That you needed to buy and if the buy was beneficial, and now you gotta play nine more and potentially the postseason that you hope. How how do you keep fresh over that stretch it's even longer than the one that you started the season.
Speaker 1: Well, I think, really, and hats off to Kyle. I think he does a great job of really orchestrating you know, the practice and and and how we go about our business. Rather it's you know, taking pass off. Rather it's trying to create a walk through, you know, having the foresight and the forward thinking to understand that, you know, we got three games right here in twelve days, and how we go about our business is trying to really preserve uh some energy but also be effective in what we're trying to get done. So uh, he does a great job with that, and you know, I think we'll be fine. You know, we we got another mini by coming up after the uh Thursday nine games, so that'll help us a little bit as well. But our focus right now is on Sunday with Tampa Bay.
Speaker 4: On the pass rush here during that losing street, these guys been obviously, I mean the coverage was tied to that the guys in the secondary were be taking that personally, I would do sense.
Speaker 1: I hope, I hope we all were taking the personal being oh one three, I know I was, and and I do agree, uh that those guys were getting criticized. But if you understand and know the game and watch actually the tape, uh, we got a lot of pressure uh on the on the quarterback. So there was different things, yes, probably within the secondary that we could do differently, starting with maybe the the calls and allowing those guys at certain times to be uh a little bit more sticky and the coverage or as I just talked about this past week, given a different look, uh, which confuses the quarterback and makes them hold the ball a little longer. And that's all we really need sometimes with the guys that we have up front, it's just that second hitch, you know. So Uh again, it was great to see, Uh those guys compliment one another.
Speaker 4: Oh your brand only you only get a few snaps.
Speaker 2: Some of them looked kind kind of promising. Where is he is developed and what do you kind of want to see from him going forward?
Speaker 1: Well, it's funny we're just talking about him on the last play of practice.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: He's progressed and gotten a whole lot better. Uh.
Speaker 1: When you really look at the college season, you know it's pretty much over right, you probably getting ready for conference playing bowl games. So he's really had that full year and you can really see his confidence and how he moves around that practice. Uh, just the way he communicates and those kinds of things that he's gotten better with in this year. So I'm excited about him moving forward in any chance, anytime we can get those guys into the game, it's just only gonna continue to help develop them.
Speaker 3: How do you get better defending the screen game? What what can you do in practice to get your guys better prepared.
Speaker 2: To defend the screen? Uh? I don't think it's so much.
Speaker 1: And if one of you guys would indulge in doing the study, I'm sure you figure out it's no magical call with the screens. It's all about sometimes effort. You know, I said all the time, you just gotta go whoop that in front of you. You know, you got set the damn edge, and you know we gotta get guys turning and run and getting out of the stack.
Speaker 2: Uh, you know, And you know it's just sometimes that simple.
Speaker 1: If you look at the way our d line terms all run I think a couple of weeks ago, Uh cleat, I forgot who it was, Uh what team? Rather, I mean he saved one because you know, we just turn to run. But we gotta do a better job setting the edge perman of the run game and stop running lateral and just get vertical.
Speaker 2: So that's the key thing there.
Speaker 1: You know, rather in two rather in three rather than man, you know, somebody's got as That's it.
Speaker 2: The key to.
Speaker 4: Stopping Mike Evans through trying to stop Mike Evans.
Speaker 2: You've obviously faced him so many times over the years. What's uh, I I it's a tough, big body guy. You know.
Speaker 1: You try to sit here and you press him, he's gonna mustle you. At the line of scrimmage. You know, you play off he you know, very deceptive speed, he's gonna run by you. So again, Uh, we gotta mix things up, you know, from a standpoint of man's zone. Getting our hands on these receivers and just trying really trying to be physical.
Speaker 2: Gets called on this year.
Speaker 4: Is there are they ticki tac penalties that he's drying mainly rather than flagrant?
Speaker 1: Well, uh, you know, penansy is a penalty. You know what I emphasize and talk a little bit more. Uh, he has outstanding feet, you know, and when he moves his feet, is he in what I call in phase position. We don't have to grab. So we're trying to get away from that a little bit and just really trying to emphasize more of his technique and how that's gonna help develop him, you know, within the course of the rep right.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you guys, Thank you