Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Pania, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome in What'll Drive with Nick Right Episode two seventy one with some fresh breaking news from just moments ago. DeVante Adams been traded to the Jets, so we'll get right to it. Here's what missed the cut. In today's show, Paul George suffers a hyper extended knee. You won't know if that's nothing, something, or everything until today or tomorrow. Deshaun gives the Browns the best chance to win, says hostage slash head coach Kevin Stefanski, and Drake May makes his rookie debut and looks just fine, but That is not the news, of course. The news is DeVante Adams traded to a Jets team. A Jets team, Demonte that's two and four now, so set the stage for us, please.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, So the Jets has traded for Devonte Adams for a twenty five third round pick that can become a second rounder.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, and this is off the heels of an ugly, ugly game, another game the Jets had a chance to win that they did not. So let's get into the DeVante trade. Uh. I don't think it really moves the needle. So I listen, folks have been holding onto this idea that the Jets are something they're not for multiple years now, and ever time they they get blasted, I'll just stick to this season. They get blasted in Week one, Well, that's fine, they're gonna win four straight because look at the schedule and look at who they're playing. They lose a unspeakably bad game against the Broncos, and okay, that's fine, it's just the it's just the kickers. Full they lose an ugly game last week in London where they're down seventeen to nothing. We we'll fire the coach and it'll be fine. They lose a totally winnable game last night to fall to two and four. The only they are ahead in the AFC of the Patriots, we're starting a rookie quarterback, the Brown Tour starting the worst quarterback in the league. The Titans are starting the second worst quarterback in the league, and sadly, my beloved Jacksonville Jaguars. That's the four teams they're ahead of. They just lost the tiebreaker with Buffalo. They're two and four, and they are right now looking up in the standings at the Miami Dolphins, who were written off for dead a few weeks ago, and it's like, Okay, don't worry about it. DeVante Adams will fix everything, because actually the problem was Mike Williams. Because Aaron Rodgers just absolutely napalmed Mike Williams last night in the postgame press conference. At this point, and I'll talk Davante in a second, but if you didn't see the postgame press conference, Aaron Rodgers like, no, you know, I'm expecting Mike to He doesn't say Mike, but I'm expecting him to be on the red line, which is in between the numbers and the sideline. You know about midway between, and as I'm getting ready to throw it, I see he's not only a red line, he's running an end breaker. He's not where he's supposed to be. So I don't you know, I have to change the throw and it gets picked off the Aaron Rodgers three weeks ago against the Denver Broncos. Ball down one, chance to go win the game, doesn't come through. Aaron Rodgers a week ago, chance to beat the Minnesota Vikings. Ball down six throws, an interception doesn't come through. Aaron Rodgers last night, in a game he had played well in most of the night. Ball down three, chance to go win the game, throws, an interception doesn't come through, and then at the postgame press conference, torches his receiver. No, no, no, it's not me, it's him. No, I didn't make the mistake. He made the mistake. When it comes to late game drives and accountability post game, I've got one for you to monsey. Aaron Rodgers as a Jet has been the bizarro. Patrick Mahomes never comes through, blames everybody else, Mahomes. Mahomes. We've seen it the last year. This year, any situation comes through, and when they don't. That's my fault. When MBS drops a perfect game winning pass, I shouldn't have thrown it quite so far, should have taken a little more off it. That's my fault. It's my fault. And by the way, he doesn't have to say it's my fault that often because he comes through Rogers, ball in his hand, chance to win, kicker misses the kick, can't blame her. Ball in his hand, chance to win, throws an interception, fire the head coach, ball in his hand, chance to win. Mike Williams ran the wrong route. And by the way, Mike Williams, I would imagine, is not long for the New York Jets. So why do I think, because we know he loves Lazard, Garrett Wilson's there, they now have DeVante. He made it very clear to the broadcast if you sometimes you because you know, the broadcast meets with the coach and the quarterback before games, and uh, there was a little easter egg in there where Troy Aikman was like, oh, I thought we'd see more Xavier Gibson today. Rogers loves him, wants to get him more involved. So Rogers made it clear to the broadcast that this kid, Xavier Gibson, who's five to nine, twenty three year old receiver's got three catches on the year. As he's more of a special teams guy that you know, he would like him to get more involved. They spent a high draft pick on Malachi Corley, who can't seem to make the game day roster. So Mike Williams is out out. I don't know if they're gonna trade him or just you know, not have him be a part of the top receiver rotation. My guess is he gets traded in the next ten days for a conditional sixth seventh round pick. That's what I think's gonna happen. But you cannot win in the NFL with that culture, and you just want an x's nose analysis of it. The New York Jets last night had one sustained touchdown drive DeVante Adams doesn't fix all of that. Their other touchdown was a hail Mary, and God bless him, he is the best tail mary thrower still ever. They were gonna have Demanse ask I saw in the rundown. Who would you rather have throw a hail Mary? Aaron or Mahomes. No, Aaron's the best hail mary thrower there is. Now the Bills helped him out by like, ah, this old man can't run and his tackles can't block, will rush too, but whatever, he's great at it. But here's the other here's the x's nose problem with the Jets. If they get the ball out demonse in less than two seconds, Aaron looks like old Aaron snap, boom, bang, and the ball's moving. But if you get the ball out that quick, they're almost never explosive place. So it's four yards, it's six yards, it's eight yards, and all it takes is one off target throw or one drop and now you're behind the six. You run, the ball get stuffed. All the moment they get to third and long they are cooked because rogers can't move and the tackles can't hold up. And every time they were in a oh, we have to have a real passing situation with time for the routes to develop, it ended in disaster except for the hail mary. So I just don't I think the Jets trade leveraging more assets for this season for Devonte Adams is insane.
Speaker 3: Behavior already left Aaron Rodgers in the past, so it's like, what are we doing here?
Speaker 4: Is it going to work out?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: I think that was more about money. DeVante wanted money, and Aaron wanted money, and Devonte is like, o'h go with my buddy Derek Carr. But and I listen. I also got to tell you this. I don't know how any of this lands on Garrett Wilson's desk, who has not been having the year I know he expected to have, but at least it was getting a lot of targets. Targets eleven, six, nine, eight, twenty three in the Minnesota game and ten last night. Garrett Wilson, who's yet to have a thirty yard play this year. I just the people. I said it last night, Mike Greenberg, and God love him. It's not his fault. He's just rooting for his team. I get it. But Mike Greenberg tweeted last night hard to remember the last Jets game that felt like this, like literally everything is at stake. Tonight will either be the beginning of something or the end of everything. Let's go And it's like, can imagine imagine someone going into Game thirty of the NBA season who's a big time fan of the Washington Wizards being like tonight will either be the beginning of something or the end of everything. No, it's not. It's a continuation of one of the only truisms of my life as a sports fan. The Jets will always be the Jets. Every decade or so, you'll pop up and be like, oh, that's he was better than expected, and you'll lose an excruciating fashion, and your owner will continue to be a terrible owner, and your front office will continue to get more rope than it deserves, and you'll fire coaches and you'll blame it on the quarterback, and you'll do all these other things. You're the Jets, and this idea that it is some Shakespearean drama playing out. It's either the end of the beginning or the beginning of the end. Nah, just fucking week six and you're the Jets. So you're probably gonna lose, Like it's just what it is, I mean, and they are okay, no, but now it'll get fixed. Now you know why it's gonna get fixed, Because we're bringing in a thirty two year old soon to be thirty two year old receiver whose hamm he's been bothering him. That's gonna fix it. Like, let's just go through the rest of the Jets schedule and see, because they're at two and four, what do we think you need to make the playoffs? Ten wins? Ten wins will eleven definitively gets you in. Let's call it ten. So can we find eight more wins for the New York Jets? And keep in mind, guys, they lost to the Broncos, they were trailing the Titans. They're every team, and you got to remind yourself when you play these games. When every other team looks at their schedule, their fans and they're like, all right, where are our wins? They look at the Jets and they're like, well there's one, Like the only they You are the soft spot other team schedules. What It's true. You get mad at me because it's just they're just delusional. It's just I'm you fired your coach right, your quarterback is torching his teammates, your defense got run on yesterday, your old tackles can't block, and I'm supposed to take them seriously, I'm supposed to treat Why on earth should I give the New York Jets more respect than I give the New Orleans Saints. The Saints at least have some of real history the Saints, Like, why why should I take the New York Jets more? Honest question? Why should I take the New York Jets more seriously than I take the New York Giants? Why? Okay, how good is that in twenty twenty four? Honestly? What does that mean? In twenty twenty four? What does it mean that? And they have an interim head coach. They're flailing, They've lost three straight games. I just the Jets are the Jets, man, and they're gonna continue to be the Jets. And in three weeks when they lose to the Steelers, beat the Patriots, lose to the Texans and they're three and six, I'm gonna have to listen to Aaron Rodgers tell me I've been here before. We just got to run the table, and I just it's just okay, good luck, guys, and I to me, the real news about DeVante Adams being traded is a team that actually could do something this year isn't getting him. So they were never trading him to the Chiefs. Fine, but Buffalo who played last night, and it's a good win for Buffalo. But you saw some of the limitations they have in the vertical passing game. Buffalo's not getting him. Pittsburgh, who I don't think can win a championship but certainly can be a viable playoff contender, not getting it. Baltimore, who can win a championship, not getting that. To me, that's the news in uh Dallas if they wanted to, you know, shake something up, not getting him. Speaking of Dallas, this is not There's no other place for me to put this. Now that Buffalo doesn't need the draft capital to trade for DeVante Adams, I have a insane Galaxy brain trade fake trade.
Speaker 4: That is.
Speaker 2: Something that I think will be mocked by the alleged smart people in the space, but I don't care. I know it would be a good trade for Buffalo. I think Buffalo, who has an extra second round pick from trading stuff on Diggs, should call Dallas and offer that second round pick for Brandon Aubrey, their kicker. The second round pick for a kicker sounds insane, but Buffalo is going to be in these low scoring, close game, not necessarily low scoring, but close games. Their kicker is ruined. I can't believe they brought him back after the playoff game against the Chiefs, that you can't bring that guy back unless that guy is a legend, and it's like he's just not gonna be able to get over it. And you saw it last night and Buffalo's windy and bad weather or whatever. Meanwhile, the Cowboys, who are spiraling a bit are like a baseball team that's terrible, but as an awesome closer. It's like, well, this is kind of you know what I mean. This is this is the meme of the Lamborghini in the driveway in the trap house. It's like, well, this is like and so uh, Buffalo overpaying for the best kicker in the league and just being like, you know what, for the rest of Josh Allen's career, we're not gonna have to worry about kicker and we're not gonna be and we can get rid of the the bass kind of hangover thing. And it would be hard that.
Speaker 4: Guy would be in Buffalo. So he's getting the play in.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, that kid, that guy was good in the UF like sixty in seventy yards. I mean, I think it'd be pretty good in a lot of places. All right, let's move on to the next topic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so the NFC. The NFC East got the spotlight this weekend, but not for good reasons. Detroit humiliated Dallas. Washington came back to earth in that game against the Ravens, and the Giants honestly probably have the least embarrassing loss to the that three. The Eagles were embarrassing and even in victory. Nick Sirianni was chirping at the fans, and yeah, he also shaved his head.
Speaker 4: I thought this was an away game. He was chirping at the fans at their own stadium.
Speaker 2: I know when I knew it was a home game because I bet it and they were favored by nine and a half and I bet the Browns. But when I saw the video, I like, I'm like, oh, he's yelling at the opposing fans, and then I but go ahead. Yeah, it's like.
Speaker 3: It's a home game. So yeah, he shaved his hair and he also brought his kid up to the podium to avoid criticism. It's yeah, yeah, which NFC East. Oh he also apologized on Monday for the way that he chirped at the fans, But yeah, which NFC East. Dumpster fire is burning the highest right now?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, so Washington shouldn't even be included. They just lost to a good team, you know what I mean, like they that was a very respectable loss. Jayden looked good. Take them out. The Giants have built something defensively, and I give him credit for it now. Unfortunately, Brian Dabole is of the opinion correctly. All right, we're playing one of the worst defenses in football. Our defense is playing great, but we're gonna need four downs to get ten yards every single time. Just go for it on like we're gonna We're doing this two to two and a half to maybe three yards at a time. And that's a hard way to do business in this league. And they lost. That was I mean, they could have ended the Bengals, stolen that win and been right there in the NFC East. But when you only score seven points in this league, life is hard. So you then have Dallas and Philly as the contenders. Dallas got absolutely boat raced and everyone. Here's the thing, because Detroit did a lot of trick play chicanery to Dallas and everyone. De Monte's like, oh, Detroit wanted to get even for last year because remember that was the ineligible man eligible man Dan Skipper I'm not trying to be pedantic here, but why would Detroit be mad at Dallas for that? That was the ref It's not like Dallas did anything to them. Dallas was out there playing defense, trying to win a football game. Dallas didn't run trick plays Dallas. Dallas didn't run up the score. Dallas just played a football game, tried to stop a two point conversion, didn't and then the refs changed it. But it was really like Detroit was like, we are getting you for last year, but Dallas didn't do anything. Dallas just like, hey man, you're isn't your deal with beef with Terry McCauley or something. One of the refs ahead.
Speaker 4: Just pulling everything out of the seats, right.
Speaker 2: It seemed super person it seemed super personal. It was just weird. And Dallas just doesn't look nearly as good as I thought it would be. I mean, they got exposed in every facet and Dak for the second straight week, turned the ball over a bunch. They can't stop the run, they can't run the ball. A lot of the preseason concerns about the Cowboys popped up there, but the answer is the Eagles. I know they won but Sirianni is mortifying, and I said this on TV. I will say it again, Demonse at so you I am trying to use a real world analogy. You go to a local pet store a lot, right? Is that fair to say you go there a lot enough to where you kind of know the people there. I'm sure you know some of them. Okay. If one of the workers there, you came in and you were like, hey, where's Jason, and they're like, oh, he's off this week. Then you came back the next week and he's back and he has shaved his head. He's dropping boxes everywhere, yells at customers, and then when he gets called into the manager's office, has his kids come with him. You'd be like, Oh, that guy's spiraling out of control. That guy has lost it. Like, you wouldn't accept this from anybody, And we are batting close to a thousand of impromptu without warning shaving your head being a move that people don't make when things are going great. It's not like this is like, as my buddy Laslow used to always say, who's in recovery and good for him? He used to always say, and I've said it on the show before, Nobody goes to their first AA meeting on a winning streak, like nobody. It's like and everything's coming up me. Let me just go get so like it's things are going nobody all of a sudden's like, man life, I am crushing it everywhere. Let me rashly shave my head without explanation. That's not a thing. Then you, once again, for the fifth straight game, can't score points in the first quarter. Then you scream at your home fans. Then you bring your kids to the press conference, and when you're asked about screaming at the home fans, you say, need to get back to be myself. Players told me to do it. I told them to show emotion. So I'm showing emotion. Feel great about it. Hey, we got the win. Then the next day you're like, so sorry about that. I shouldn't have done it. Turns out the bosses weren't as enthused by the yelling at the customers and making an ass of myself as I thought they would be. I mean, I think it's you barely won. That's that's the thing that was. There have now Demons ben ninety two wins in the NFL this year. If you add up all the wins. There's ninety two of them. This has to be like the eighty eighth best, the ninetieth best, like this as bad as a win can be. Like I'm trying to think of the worst wins, Like that Dolphins fifteen to ten win over the Patriots when the Patriots guy didn't get his foot down. That was a pretty bad one.
Speaker 4: The win over the Jets ten to nine.
Speaker 2: That's probably in the seventies because the Jets are like mediocre, like they're you know, the it's teams that just squeaked by awful, awful teams. This is on the Browns six point win over the Jags. It's one of the worst wins. The beating the Browns by four at home when the can't get to twenty points is not something you chirp about. And so that's my answer. All right, let's do the opposite of the NFCS, the NFC North.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Yeah, So the NFC North is on a historic run at the moment. No division has ever had every team to win four plus through six weeks. An entire division has never made it to the postseason. So who of these teams misses the playoffs? The Bears by the Way are the only team who are expected by Vegas to miss the playoffs right now.
Speaker 2: So it feels like it feels somewhat impossible that they all make it, just by so every other division, and to keep in mind, it was not mathematically possible for a whole division to make the playoffs until three years ago, because back when the playoffs were six teams per, you know, you have four division winners, so you only had two extra spots. But now that it's seven teams, you have three extra spots, so it is possible. But they all play each other. This division, though right now, demands if you remove so the Vikings played the Packers, so that you know, any divisional games you're gonna get one win, one loss. Take that out in all the other games. The division is sixteen and four. They are sixteen. This division is sixteen and four against the rest of the NFL. That's insane, that is, you know, as this.
Speaker 3: Was a division that we saw before the season, like we were saying they were going to be pretty good. Though huh, like it was I remember that, Yes, this is like one of the top ones, and you're like, no.
Speaker 2: Pseon, I think a lot of Yeah. So here's the thing on it, and this is what is really turned. I think a lot of people were like, well, the Lions are going to be excellent, the Packers are going to be excellent, and the Bears, you know, are projected to win nine ten games you could have. So those were the three teams everyone just said, Oh, and the Vikings will finish last. Those these three teams we thought we're gonna be good, are all good. And the Vikings are undefeated. So that's how you know what I mean. So that's how you get to this spot. Now, the fact that there have been no divisional games does mean there's going to be some carnage and bonus take here. The people that should be most excited about the NFC North being as good as it is, oddly are Washington, Atlanta and Tampa Bay fans. And here's why there's a in San Francisco maybe as well, because there's a real chance that the winner of one of the other divisions demonsey ends up with the buye in the one seed. Because this division cannibalizes itself and nobody gets to thirteen wins like that, they you know that they all finish nine, ten, eleven, twelve, something like that. And if one of these other teams can get really hot, that they have a chance to go and steal the one seed. But it's right beat up if you're if you're Atlanta or if you're Tampa, either one. You're like, man, New Orleans, Carolina and the our schedule what it's gonna allow for us. So I think that I I do think. I don't think all four are making it, and I ain't at least one of them is gonna be the odd team out. Before the year, I obviously had the Vikings out, but I also had the Packers out. The Packers winning those games. Man, how huge is it right now that the Packers went to and oh with Malik Willis, it's just massive. I mean it's just massive. Or else you'd feel like, because now Jordan Loves back to being Jordan Love, he's playing well well, but you'd feel like, oh, they're just cooked, like oh that they're too far behind all those things. But here's what's insane. Minnesota is one of two undefeated teams left in the league. They are also a game and a half out of last place. Think about that, Minnesota's undefeated and a game and a half out of last place. And so the now the big news this week. Oh, it's in the follow up. So go ahead and ask me.
Speaker 3: Do you still consider the Lions a top NFC team with the loss of Aiden Hutchinson.
Speaker 4: Yeah, kind of nasty injury.
Speaker 2: Uh so I didn't. So here's what's just real quick. I was watching the game, obviously, and I saw the replay, and I didn't see the injury either time because live, I didn't notice it. But I did notice that he immediately started taking his gloves af and I was watching with Danny, and I said to Danny, I'm like, oh, I think he hurt his wrist because he's ripping his gloves off. So when they show the replay, I'm watching his hands and I'm like, oh, I don't even know where he got hurt. I'm like, that's weird. But he's immediately like pulling at his gloves, and I just assumed it was a finger or a hand or like a dislocated wrist or something. And then they come back and they're like somber tones and they're like, we can't show it to you again, and I'm like, what the hell happened? So I still haven't seen it, Like I won't go out of my way to go back and watch. Sometimes you see it in real time, but I won't go out of my way to go back and watch a gruesome injury. But I understand he got his leg snapped. And so that is the two biggest injuries in the NFL so far this season. That's now number one as far as contending team losing massively important player. Rashi Rice was number one, Now it's Aiden Hutchinson. Those are like the again, like key guy. Team that can win the Super Bowl loses a player that's at not a position of depth. I don't think it eliminates the Lions by any means, but I do want to see what that pass rush looks like without it.
Speaker 3: Do you think that they should pursue Max Crosby with the loss of him or but I.
Speaker 2: Saw that, I have no reason believe Max Crosby is on the trade block. It would and second of all, it would take multiple first round picks. So I think, I don't think you're shopping on the Max Crosby ale, I think you're shopping on the Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think there's a little bit of beef with Max Crosby over there in Vegas, with the way he pushed his coach.
Speaker 2: That might be yeah, well, I mean that's interesting. He did push the coach. I did see that, But I just don't think Max Crosby's available. I think you're shopping more on the Zadarius, Smith, Jidavion, Clowney Isle. If you want to do something like that, all right, let's take a quick break. Come back quickly, talk a little Kansaity San Francisco, and then play some Nick stra damis what's right? Welcome back in What's right with Nick? Right? And let me tell you guys about my friends at Teamana Tequila. Looking for your next favorite tequila. Teamanna is a premium small batched tequila founded by Dwayne the Rock Johnson. Each bottle of Teamana's meticulously crafted from one hundred percent fully mature at gave, slow roasting, traditional brick ovens, and copper pot stills. Try Teremana today in the People's Margarita, a deliciously refreshing drink made with taramanta, blanco, lime, agave, nectar, and pineapple juice. Taramanta is also the perfect pairing when inviting friends and family around to watch sports and celebrate the big games together. For more information, visit Teamana dot com and follow on social media at at Tarremanta must be twenty one years or older. Please enjoy responsibly. Tere Montal small Batch tequila forty percent alcohol by volume, imported by Sieta Bucks Spirits, White Planes, New York. All right, demand before we get to Chiefs Niners quickly and then play our game. Jonathan Jones of CBS has the conditions on the air the DeVante Adams trade. So the Jets are sending a twenty twenty five third round pick to Vegas that would become a second round pick instead of a third round pick if Adams makes the All Pro Team, or so if Adams makes the All Pro Team, or if he's on the Jets roster and the Jets make the AFC Championship or the Super Bowl. So in other words, it's a third round pick. So we can just go ahead and not worry about those conditions being met. There's the AFC Championship, in the Super Bowl they're drawing dead on and the All Pro Team. I still think Devanta Adams is a really good player, but because he we're now through six weeks and he has two hundred yards receiving and one touchdown, he's missed time. He's not going to be an all pro. So it's a third round pick for DeVante Adams is what the Jets gave up. So probably what's going to up being around the seventy fifth, seventy eighth pick for DeVante Adams. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: I mean, you can do a lot of stuff with these with these clauses, I think that's they're like, oh, if you get some use out of them, we need that pick, the second round pick.
Speaker 2: Right, So the I heard somebody suggest that the Jets, like lower the guarantee, raise the upside. So say, hey, it's a fourth round pick, but it's a first round pick if we make the super Bowl, which I don't think the Raiders would have accepted, but if you're the Jets, that would have been ideal, you know what I mean, Like, hey, if we make the super Bowl, we don't give a damn Like we'll just deal with it. And if not, then we want to give you as little as possible. But I I think the Raiders wouldn't be gambling on the Jets actually making the super Bowl. All Right, we're gonna do more Chiefs Niners on Thursday, but let's just do it just for a moment's here, because I'm just absolutely galled by something in it. So go ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So the rematch of Super Bowl fifty eight goes down this weekend between your Chiefs and the forty nine Ers. What do you think of the biggest differences between those teams from when they played back in February.
Speaker 2: So here's the thing. The Chiefs are better and the Niners are worse is the obvious difference. But from where again, where the Chiefs were in February and where the Niners were when they had Christian McCaffrey. But that's not what the reason brought this up demand day. Have you seen the line the points?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's Chiefs plus one and a half?
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, the Niners are the favorites.
Speaker 4: OK.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm telling you this right now. Pal again, you've been cooking on your teasers. You do your own thing, But the Chiefs plus one and a half is as juicy of a six or seven point teaser line as there is. I know you love the seven and a half's these days, but getting it through the seven or through the seven and the eight for a Chiefs team that never gets blown out is as good of a teaser.
Speaker 4: Linus, I love the Chiefs there, I love.
Speaker 2: The chief Yeah. The plus one and a half plus two and a half teams being teased up like I'll give you a you know what I haven't. I haven't bet a teaser, and you've won three in a row. Demands also went five and zero in his picks uh in the office contest this week. He is crushing everyone on the herd staff and picks this week. I'm so proud this year, so proud of him. I'll tell you right now. So I don't want to, you know, pollute your teaser mojo. But a teaser that is just a sitting there waiting to be taken, just traditional six point teaser. Is the Chiefs up to plus seven and a half and the Steelers at home against these Jets. The Steelers are getting a point and a half as well, them up to seven and a half. Like you have in both situations. You have the better coach, you have the better team, you're getting points. I like that a lot. All right, let's play, Nick stredamis Pell.
Speaker 4: One third of the NFL season is done, but what is to come?
Speaker 3: It's time to summon the soussayer of sport, the one and only Nick Stredamis. The embarrassment of the Dallas Cowboys is always a welcome sight, But the Lions have tempted faith hooking ladders, oh lineman, lining up of our receiver, the ruining of Jerry Jones' birthday. Uh Nick Stredamis has Detroit, angered or pleased the football gods.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think they're playing with fire. They were playing with fire here in this game. I do think that. And here's the other thing, not just football gots, just x's and o's piece of it. I hope you have twenty more trick plays like you used a lot of them in this one game when it was a blowout, and it would listen the the Lions treated the Cowboys the way the Chiefs treat the Raiders, like you're a joke and we don't like you, and we're gonna play ring around the rosie and do all this funny stuff just to mess with you. That's fine. But I couldn't believe when they were up thirty they ran that play to pinay Sewel like they were the hook and ladder. It was. It was bold by the Lions, and they must think they have a lot more. You know that they are not putting on in the bag, so I'm curious to see it all right.
Speaker 3: Next, I love Dan Campbell. You predicted profits in the past, but in a year when no one has taken the lead, even you may have a hard time picking the MVP. Could King Henry finally take the throne? Nick Sudomas, who do you foresee for MVP?
Speaker 2: So Derrick Henry winning it would be really unbelievable because he did not win it the year he ran for two thousand yards. So the year he ran for two thousand yards, who the I'm just I'm trying to check and see. Was that Aaron Rodgers who won it that year? I'm looking it up right now? So wait, when did hold on? Am I tripping on this? When did I should have had this looked up before? I apologize? Derrick Henry ran for two thousand yards in twenty twenty. Yeah, Aaron Rodgers won MVP. Derrick Henry got zero votes. That's tough, man, that's a tough spot. You run for two thousand yards, you carry the Titans to the playoffs, and you got zero MVP votes. So either in my head or something, Yeah, typically two thousand yard season gets you in the MVP conversation. Uh, I could see him winning it. I also think right now, if it were if past performance wasn't factored into it, right now, it'd be Lamar, but it would be Lamar's third MVP. He won it last year. There's the playoff baggage, like it gets. Each MVP is harder to win than the previous one historically, right, So, like that's so, And could I see Derrick Henry pulling votes away from him? Sure? But yeah, I mean Mahomes is still alive even though he hasn't played like an MVP because the Chiefs are undefeated and that he doesn't have the weapons. CJ. Stroud is very alive. Jaden right now is very alive. But Jaden's got to worry about not only not winning MVP, but not winning Offensive Work of the Year because Caleb is coming. Uh, Henry's alive, Lamar is alive, Baker is alive for MVP. Flatley Baker has been cooking team touchdowns. He has been cooking. It's been awesome. Uh So, right now I think Lamar and Bakers probably.
Speaker 4: Be a couple more weeks. He might be there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, that's a point. The Jordan love thing is a good point, uh for sure. All right, let's go to the next one.
Speaker 3: Everyone knows that the ancient wizard Belichick the Wise, will return one day, but the day maybe sooner than we thought. With seats in Jacksonville, Philadelphia, and New York hotter than your cauldron, jobs might be open left and right, Nick Ster damas will Belichick go?
Speaker 2: All right, so New York. I mean, he just torched Woody Johnson on the Manning Cast last night and he hates the Jets. So the Jets are out. He's not good. But maybe they mean the New York Giants. Okay, so the Giants are a possibility. I man, I feel like Dallas becomes more and more likely by the day. It just feels like a Jerry Jones move. But it's of all the jobs open, it's the best quarterback. It's a glamour spot. I think right now, I had been saying Dak and Belichick a package deal to the Giants, but I do wonder if it becomes Dak and Belichick a package deal. I mean in Dallas, I do. I don't think Jalens, Yeah, I think Jalens regressed massively and it pains me to say it, but I have to admit right now, Dak is you know a little better than Trevor. I don't like saying, oh yeah, looks all right. Next.
Speaker 3: Teams rebound from abysmal starts all the time. Look at the Rams last year. I think the Rams this year. You studied necromancy at the Citadel, so you know about teams coming back from behind or from the dead. Sorry, Nick, sure, damis which dark horse will make the playoffs? I mean, I.
Speaker 2: Don't want it to happen, but I think it's happening. I think Cincinnati is gonna go from one and four to the playoffs. I just I They have the Browns this week, so that's a win. The Eagles at next week, I think that's a win, and the Raiders the week after. So I think they're gonna go from one to four to five and four. So I my answer is Cincinnati. I'd like since I wanted the Giants to end Cincinnati seasons. The Bengals annoy me. They played the Chiefs tough, but the and the Bengals didn't even play that well in that spot, but they found a way. What are you shaking your head about Demansey.
Speaker 3: I love Joe Burrow and the Bengals and all that, but they are looking good.
Speaker 4: I don't know if they're gonna be this, gonna be able to.
Speaker 2: All right, let me ask you. I'm gonna I'm gonna go through the under five hundred teams, Okay, and you tell me the teams you think could make the playoffs? Well, you know what, and I'll add all Miami if Tua comes back, is not dead either. But here are the under five hundred teams. And you stop me if I say one that you think is alive. The Dolphins, the Jets, the Patriots, the Bengals, the Browns, the Titans, the Jags. I know you don't think them, the Raiders. So that's the AFC. In the NFC, here's the under five hundred teams, the Giants, the Saints, the Panthers, the Cardinals, the Rams. I mean, it's not a lot of options there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sorry. All those options are terrible.
Speaker 3: But out of those options, those terrible options, I see the Jets somehow rather like I know it goes against the whole a block of the show, but uh but yeah, I mean, I I don't know Cincinnati, like the way that they barely escaped to the win against the Giants.
Speaker 2: That wasn't a good win. I'm not going.
Speaker 4: Away run at the end for them to get it.
Speaker 3: And it was just I don't know, I mean, I probably need to see them do something against they played the Raiders this week.
Speaker 4: I need to see.
Speaker 2: Them do their play the Browns this week, the Browns this week. Okay, by the way, that breakaway run, is that what cemented your five and zero?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they didn't get that going down.
Speaker 3: They finished like minus three like I think because the line was, uh the lines with Cincinnati minus three and a half, and I think they were winning.
Speaker 2: Yea three day they were up by three. Yeah, that's exactly right. All right, let's take quick break, come back and answer some listener questions. What's right? All right? Welcome back in What's Right with Nick Wright? And you guys know, my friends at Brooks sent me the new Glycer and Max shoes. These shoes are new and the first they're kind for Brooks and let me tell you, they're unbelievable, comfortable stylist, leave my legs feeling fresh after a long run. These shoes feature DNA tuned, which integrates two types of nitrogen and fuse cushioning into one seamlessly tuned mid soul plus a glide roll rocker helps make each step feel effortless. Elevate your running journey as you land with maximum softness and spring forward with ultimate ease with the new glycer and max. I love feeling like I can run forever in these shoes. I've been training for this triathlon and running these glittererinmac shoes a few times a week. Head over to Brooks running dot com to learn more. All right, demanse, let's go. Let's read Thomas hant Tuamas Hannanan's question. This guy's like a little Nordish Nordic name. It would appear, but go ahead.
Speaker 3: Yes, do you think Bob Sali gets a job as a defensive coordinator this season? And what team would it benefit mostly or benefit the moment?
Speaker 2: Well, listen, I think you could really help the Niners out. I've been impressed by their defense and he was there before. But my guess is he takes the rest of this year off, and that next year he takes a you know, a.
Speaker 3: Various situation is crazy right now, agents were like, hey, dude, figure it out.
Speaker 4: Like his agent's left him.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, you're thinking of asan Reddick this he's talking about the Jets head coach Bob Salah.
Speaker 4: He is, I'm really sorry.
Speaker 3: I went all the way down in the questions and it was like on the top of my brain I wanted to get to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got to And it's both Jets. These are two separate things. So a Son Reddick situation. His agents were like, we're not taking the blame for this anymore. We're out of here, and he got with Drew Rosenhouse and they're gonna try to work something out. Bob sala is still getting paid by the Jets, and so I think you'll take the rest of this year off and then take a low paying job somewhere. And I say low paying just because if the Jets own five million bucks, if the next place pays him a million dollars, then the Jets only have to pay him four million. The next place pays him three million, the Jets only have to pay him two million. So the next place pays him one hundred grand, then the Jets have to pay him four point nine million, And so he'll take a low paying job. So the Jets have to be the team that pays. But I think he'll be back in the league next year. All right, so now you can ask the Zeke Wilson questioned demons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Seke Wilson says the soder Reddick is allowed to shop for a trade.
Speaker 4: Thoughts about fits Detroit perhaps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think Detroit could potentially make sense to the But whoever, I just don't know. Does he still want a new deal. It obviously hasn't worked out the exact way.
Speaker 3: You know, he and then and then the team just the team goes up to him and they're like, hey, like, you know, you're not paying you, but you want to suit up like they asked him.
Speaker 4: Still, they're like, hey, you know, just suit well, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, they just want him to come back. I mean, they would pay him when he comes back, not pay him a new salary, but pay him what he's under contract for. The whole thing. The whole thing's a mess. All right, Let's go to Christian Lazzo.
Speaker 3: Christian Lazzo says, is pretty is is pretty thoroughly out playing Mahomes this Sunday, your worst case regular season scenario.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm sorry to be annoying, but I don't really think, like, I don't really have worst or best case regular season scenarios like it just it's like for it's just you know, it's like, if you're a fan of any other any team other than the Chiefs, do you have other than injury related stuff, worst or best case preseason scenarios? You don't. You're like, all right, let's just get to the real season. That's how the regular season is. Like, let's just get to the real games in January. I mean again, I know that's annoying and people don't want to hear it, but you know, it's just the case. All right, Danny Grant's got a good one.
Speaker 3: Can Kansas City get Mike Williams? Now that it's obvious the Jets want to get rid of.
Speaker 2: Him, I mean maybe, I mean, somebody's gonna get him. The Jets are gonna trade him somewhere. And I don't know how much Mike Williams has left in the tank, but the Jets he's out of the rotation now essentially, so someone is gonna trade for Mike Williams. All Right, really fun show, good job handle breaking news well. By the way, Thanks to our friends at Teremana once again for their great sponsorship. We always appreciate them. Demonse, great job by you as always. We be back Thursday. I had a terrible week picking Demand's gotten three teasers right on the year documented for the for his work contest, Demonse is twenty three and seven against the spread documented, which is I mean, I remember those days. It's been a while for me. Talk to you guys on Thursday for the gambling show What's Right? Hey, thanks for watching. If you're still here, do me a favor. Hit the subscribe button, then hit the bell so you can be notified when we have new episodes. After you've done that, one more favor, go to your favorite audio platform of choice and subscribe there as well. Don't forget. We're live every Tuesday and Thursday ten thirty am Eastern Ish ten thirty five, ten forty. It sometimes changes, but that's why you hit the bell. You hit the bell so you're notified. You subscribe so we can get to two hundred thousand followers. We're right around one hundred and fifty thousand. We'd love to get to two hundred thousand. Get to Monday, another plaque, so like subscribe rate, send a rating to do all that cool stuff. Thanks guys,