Speaker 1: Second date update.
Speaker 2: You know, we have rules on this show, and people tend to abuse those rules.
Speaker 3: What do you mean, I don't really like the rules.
Speaker 2: But looking at several individuals in this room specifically, come.
Speaker 3: On, Jeff would be such a hall monitor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, screw the FCC whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know, we did get an email for a second date update recently from a guy named Blake who says, you really should contact me because even though I technically went on two dates, it should only count as one because they were both super short.
Speaker 4: Oh two quick dates.
Speaker 5: Regular sounds like two bad dates if they're that quick.
Speaker 1: Maybe, Blake, why were your dates so short?
Speaker 6: I mean, okay, so it's not my fault. I don't think. It's a few different things. I don't think, of course, I mean it could be my fault. We just went to two different restaurants and I researched them, and it went ones that were like the highest rated, and they really did have like super super good service. But the problem is, and what I don't really want to complain about, you know, but also it just came out too quick. Oh, like we order in boom food comes out.
Speaker 5: I mean, when you're at a fast food restaurant that's gonna happen.
Speaker 6: We went to a five star pizza place first, and then I just wanted to be casual, you know, But then I ordered out that I ordered the pizza in boom it was there.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's rewind a little bit before we get into the food and.
Speaker 1: The horribly fast service. Could that what works? What's the name of the girl that you went out with?
Speaker 6: Her name is Kate?
Speaker 5: Okay, we always just guess assume you met her on an app or something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we did. We met her on a dating app?
Speaker 1: Okay, nice?
Speaker 3: And did she stand out for a particular reason.
Speaker 6: Her profile was kind of like quirky, Like it seemed like she was funny, you know what I mean, And she was really cute and it just seemed like we'd have a lot to talk about.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 2: So I mean, it's good that you went on two dates with her if they both went by that quickly, like, tell us what happened.
Speaker 6: So the first one was the pizza place, and then we went to another like kind of American like far food, soul food type of thing. So I ordered mac and cheese, and again it came out and like literally and like that's the thing. I feel like such a I don't know. I don't like complaining about the food coming out so quick. But both these places, the food came out and mac and cheese. You don't want to let it get cold and hard, so you know, we were focused on the food. Again.
Speaker 4: It was like the one time you want the service to be.
Speaker 5: Slow, but even if it came out fast, like you would parlay that into oh, I keep want to keep hanging out with you.
Speaker 3: Let's go get a drink.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't plan before.
Speaker 6: And and also I don't want to push it, you know, like I feel like first dates, you just kind of want to go to one spot to feel each other out. You know, it's not like a whole like let's paint the town red things.
Speaker 5: Okay, so how is the feeling of each other out?
Speaker 1: How did she feel?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know yet. I don't know yet, but no, I mean I think it went really well. She's really funny, she's cute, like I said, And I mean the conversation went seemed to float to which is another thing. It went so fast. Our conversation was just like effortless, you know.
Speaker 4: Oh that's so good.
Speaker 7: It's like the date can take an hour and you feel like you've talked ye so long. It's like, wow, we've covered so much things.
Speaker 6: So it really felt like thirty seconds whenever it took forty five minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, can I ask?
Speaker 5: Because now you have two dates to compare him to, right, like, and obviously she went out on a second date, so the first date full success?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 5: Was the end of the second date different? Did you get a different vibe than the end of the first date.
Speaker 6: I mean it was a little bit awkward because it felt rush. I didn't know if it was like time should I go in for a kiss yet? So it was kind of more just like a just like a hug and goodbye. But it didn't seem crazy awkward, you know what I mean, Like I don't know if my radar is off, but it seemed like she was into it.
Speaker 7: See this is you should have just kept ordering food.
Speaker 4: It's like, oh, can I got a sandwich?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 4: Can I get this? That way, you're like meal prepping for your whole week, and you get more time.
Speaker 2: You're buying more time, and then you look like a ball or signing a two thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Shit competitive eater.
Speaker 6: That's a good live like Joey Chestnut over there, she might not want to get into a long term relationship with because my blood pressure is going to be so hot.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean it sounds like the biggest problem for you. What you're saying is that everything went too quickly. You wanted to slow things down for your dates, right, Well.
Speaker 6: Like I said, it went too quickly. Sometimes you kind of want one of those awkward pauses every once in a while, or something funny and cute to happen so you remember it. But it all just went so smooth, like it went perfectly, Which is.
Speaker 2: That's your problem, isn't it that the service is too fast, the conversation is too good.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: You're got.
Speaker 4: In that short of a time.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know that there's like somebody who's gonna not call someone back because.
Speaker 3: It was too fast, too good.
Speaker 4: Like that's not this is gonna sound weird.
Speaker 7: But I can kind of see that because if there's not he said, there's nothing memorable that happened, there's nothing for you to be like, oh that was exciting, or.
Speaker 1: That it was just too Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, if we're able to get Kate on the phone and convince her to do a third date. What's going to be your game plan for that? To make sure you don't make the same takes.
Speaker 6: I was gonna think. I was thinking about a baseball game, but they have new rules in place to speed up the games or something.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, an hour and a half now, yeah, nice, So.
Speaker 6: They'll try and get me a gift card for the slowest restaurant in sound Yeah okay.
Speaker 3: It also sounds like you talk really fast.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's what it is. Okay, I'm excited, you know.
Speaker 4: Down he's like, okay, so hi, how are you? What's your name? How is your day? What do you do for a living.
Speaker 6: But it's charming and fast, that's what it is.
Speaker 1: I could see.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, we're gonna try and slow things down here for just a second, and then when we come.
Speaker 1: Back, we'll pick things back up.
Speaker 2: Call Kate for you and try to convince her to go out on a third date, hopefully much longer than the first two. When we do a second date update, next second date, update, two dinner dates, both at record speed.
Speaker 3: I feel like we should play faster music.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm afraid to do that, just because of what happened to Blake's voice.
Speaker 1: He's a fast talker.
Speaker 2: But one was pizza, one was mac and cheese, and Blake basically told us that he blinked and the food was suddenly there in front of him, blinked again, the table was bust and the date was over. Yes, that's why he did two of them. But both times the service was just too quick. And I mean, here's what I think we need to do. We kind of need to game plan as a show before we make this call. I think that we shouldn't say that everything happened so quick when we call Kate, like, because she might have a different perspective on it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It's usually not.
Speaker 5: A negative thing, right Like, if you feel like time passes quickly, it usually means that you had a great experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he didn't say that they ever actually talked about that. That was just his perception that the weight staff moved too quickly, right fact, So I think we asked her open ended questions, how do you feel about that?
Speaker 1: Blake?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I want to see what she thought too. I don't know if I'm just like looking at it from a one side, like a single faceted for.
Speaker 5: Do you know we never asked you. Are you guys texting or communicating it all?
Speaker 6: Not really, not as much as i'd like to. I mean, I've reached out to her a couple of times and choo kin and just be polite.
Speaker 5: But okay, you're getting cold from her via messages.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so that's why I came to you, guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Well, let's swoop in like the waiters at those restaurants real quick and just get things going.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna dial her number right now.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have such a hard time not mentioning that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you are the phone better one time.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, thanks for having confidence in me. Here we go number right now.
Speaker 8: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hey, is this Kate?
Speaker 8: Yes, it is.
Speaker 1: Hey, Kate. What's up?
Speaker 2: We're brooking Jeffrey in the Morning, A whole morning show from the radios.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 8: You're from the radio. I don't know who you are.
Speaker 3: We also do a podcast, so that's cool.
Speaker 4: Didn't help.
Speaker 2: We do a segment on our show to help people with their dating lives. It's called Second Date Update.
Speaker 8: And you're calling me, Well, you don't need the help.
Speaker 3: Someone you went out with needs help, right.
Speaker 1: You're great at dating, That's what we've heard.
Speaker 2: From one of our Yeah, from one of our listeners, Blake, who met up with you not once but twice.
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, oh it's ay question.
Speaker 3: All we want to know is like, how'd you feel about Blake?
Speaker 8: I mean he was nice, Probably not the person for me, but he seems nice. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, did you like not have fun on the dates?
Speaker 8: Or okay?
Speaker 4: Nice?
Speaker 5: And okay?
Speaker 4: Wait what did you say a little?
Speaker 8: What strange?
Speaker 1: Strange?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we kept talking to Blake and he did not bring up anything strange.
Speaker 2: What did you think about the length of the date? Is it Mama Bear, Papa Bear or baby.
Speaker 3: Bear told you he couldn't already ran.
Speaker 1: It blanked out? So where we got? What's your think, Mama Bear, Papa Bear, baby bear? About the length? Too short? Too long? Just right?
Speaker 8: You're at how long the date was? Yeah?
Speaker 2: In your experience, O, these are normal questions that radio hosts always ask.
Speaker 3: It is so awkward sometimes.
Speaker 1: I mean, I like you, I do. It's endearing Cake.
Speaker 8: The length of the date was a normal length, I think?
Speaker 5: Answer, I mean, do you have to tell her why you asked that?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Well, because the reason that I'm asking is when we spoke to Blake. The impression that he got was that the service was really really good and delivered the food a little bit too quickly for his taste.
Speaker 5: He felt like maybe the date was rushed and he couldn't make the connection he wanted to with.
Speaker 8: You, Like, the service was good. But both times that we ate because we went to dinner. Both times he ate his meal super super fast.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I could see that when we were talking to him.
Speaker 3: He has a lot of energy.
Speaker 8: I mean, imagine going to dinner with the cookie monster. Okay, it's thirty seconds, there's crumbs everywhere, and then they're done, Like how is he.
Speaker 3: Even picking anything up with those giant hens?
Speaker 1: And man, he tries to teach you about letters afterwards.
Speaker 3: Remember the macaroni cheese.
Speaker 5: When we talked to him, he mentioned, like, when you get the macaroni cheese, you got to eat it right away because if you don't eat it right away, then it's going to be cold.
Speaker 3: Is that what you're talking about.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he said that he would gag if the temperature of the cheese was like room temperature.
Speaker 5: Gag not really though, Like he just meant he didn't like it when it was room temperature.
Speaker 1: Was he serious?
Speaker 8: No, No, he meant he physically couldn't handle it, like he was going to hurl.
Speaker 3: My god, texture thing.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about that explanation?
Speaker 8: I mean it got worse to be honest with you, Like what really well, it started this really odd conversation about textures that he can and can't handle. Yeah, it just got me thinking, like I'm looking at him thinking, Okay, let's say we're in a serious relationship. Well, what would that be?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Well, I do think it's good that you are thinking about down the road, a future, possible long term relationship.
Speaker 8: I'm not anymore.
Speaker 5: This is it just a little speed bump, Yeah, a possible relationship.
Speaker 2: Right over that speed bump and connect you to Blake right now he's on the other line listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 6: I don't think that that's that weird. People have textures, people have likes and.
Speaker 3: This, like, why don't you start with a high high?
Speaker 6: I'm sorry we kind of hurt my feelings a little bit. I mean people are just let people beat people, you know. I mean, why is that we had a great time off? All the conversations were great. I means like we were both kind of into the same stuff just because I eat weird.
Speaker 3: Did she hang up?
Speaker 1: Oh she's still there.
Speaker 8: Okay, No, he was on the phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Sorry, that's how these work.
Speaker 2: Okay, But I'll go ahead and talk to Blake about his aversion to certain food textures.
Speaker 8: I think it's a normal thing.
Speaker 6: People have preferences.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's a little. Like I said, I'm not trying to be mean. It's just a little high maintenance. But I have to kind of bring up because it's not just the food thing. It's kind of like the other thing that you said that you can't do.
Speaker 6: I don't think only when you talk about that on the radio.
Speaker 3: What's that, Blake? You can't leave us in the dark on stuff that sounds important.
Speaker 6: I just prefer not to have it out.
Speaker 5: In the Oaken, Is it more embarrassing than you not being able to eat like potatoes or something.
Speaker 6: I don't think it's embarrassing. I think it's normal. Okay, Then it's a it's a more private kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's a texture that you can't handle.
Speaker 6: It is the texture that I can't handle. Yeah, okay, I don't get it.
Speaker 4: The picture of someone's lips, like you'll never kiss her.
Speaker 2: If it's what I'm thinking that it is, maybe he's right and we shouldn't talk about this on the radio.
Speaker 3: I don't get it.
Speaker 4: I don't get it either, But he thinks it's normal.
Speaker 5: What do you think that it is now, Jeffrey, Like, are you thinking something dirty?
Speaker 6: It's a little dirty.
Speaker 1: Wow, I think there's a part all.
Speaker 4: Right, that's just that's too bad for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, are we right? Are we in the ballpark?
Speaker 8: I'm just gonna say to me. I know he had a texture issue, but intimacy is important. And I don't know.
Speaker 3: Why we talking about people time to find a woman to date delivering that type of information on the first day.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was the second date. It was the.
Speaker 3: Second okay, you know it's it's like a partnership. You give and you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, So.
Speaker 2: Maybe Kate's willing to go without that part of the relationship, and I recommend Kate if you are, then we would pay for the third date that you and Blake went on to a place that doesn't serve any cheese whatsoever.
Speaker 5: Kate, are you interested still, because I think everybody here is just uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we are.
Speaker 8: I mean you wouldn't want me to live a life like that. Would you wouldn't?
Speaker 6: You guys are.
Speaker 4: Something.
Speaker 3: What I tell my kids with food is that.
Speaker 2: You have don't don't don't talk about your kids.
Speaker 9: Let's call the therapist before get watch list. God, Blake, I am so sorry, boy, but this technically is all your fault and you do have some walk to do on yourself.
Speaker 1: My friend.
Speaker 6: I'll do my best. I'm try okay about this.
Speaker 1: Look Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: This is the one time that I didn't want to do a part three and talk more about something the second date.
Speaker 3: I don't ever want to know how it goes for him either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I will say after we recorded it, Blake did email the show with five words.
Speaker 1: He said, I would if I could.
Speaker 3: That is not.
Speaker 1: Your response.
Speaker 3: Maybe you're just not interested in women.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think it's not his fault.
Speaker 1: Did you hear his words? He would if he could.
Speaker 2: This man is just as tortured inside as she is. The desire to do something, the inability physical writing.
Speaker 3: Down, the excuse I would if I could.
Speaker 1: That's a sweet thing to say to someone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do all sorts of stories on this show about tech trends and new inventions. Scientists better be working on this, make a pill for it or something they need to upgrade.
Speaker 3: Blake, It's really not a rampant problem. I'm just telling you it.
Speaker 2: Is a big problem though for him. He's going to be single for a long long time after this if they don't do something about it. But remember, you can always hear all of our second date updates on our podcast at Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: Go check it out. Make sure you follow and subscribe.
Speaker 3: Yes please, yeah, so you never miss us.
Speaker 1: Texture when you listen is perfect. Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning