Speaker 1: Frustrated with ticket buying experience. Game Time is the only ticket app it gives you peace of mind with your purchase. They let you see the view from your seat before you buy, so you know exactly what to expect when you arrive. They're all in prices, show you total upfront so you always know you're getting a great deal. And it takes no time at all. You can buy tickets and seconds with two taps. Take the guesswork out of buying tickets. With game Time, download the game Time app creating account. Redeem code Nightcap for twenty dollars off your first purchase. Terms apply again. Download the game Time app. Enter the code Nightcap nig ht Cap for twenty dollars off. Download game Time Today, Last minute tickets Lord's Price guaranteed.
Speaker 2: Say you, ladies and.
Speaker 1: Gentlemen, for joining us again for another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 2: I am your favorite on China Shark.
Speaker 1: He's your favorite Number eighty five Route Runner Extraordinary, Bingo's Ring of Fame honoring pro bowler, all Pro Liberty Cities own Mister Real Risotto, chad O Cho, Senko Johnson.
Speaker 2: Please make sure you subscribe to the Nightcap podcast. Huh oh Ojo before we go in and father, what happened?
Speaker 3: What happened? What happened? What? What's that? What's that? Baby? They can git your boy twity things?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 3: What whatere mine at?
Speaker 1: Say?
Speaker 4: Right here?
Speaker 3: Oh you got how you hold on? First? You got my little funk code? Now you got my play?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah? Now what yeah?
Speaker 1: Hey? Hey put this in the chat. What should o Cho do to get his one bill? You subscriber black and his funk code? What's your I've been doing it.
Speaker 3: I've been showing up. They said it to me.
Speaker 5: Huh, well why the ain't send it to you? And you got my address?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: Hell?
Speaker 2: I look like the man? I got you?
Speaker 3: Ups?
Speaker 2: Oh the US Man Postal Service.
Speaker 3: Listen, I need my plaque so I can hang a plaque in my room. Now you know what?
Speaker 1: I need some money? That is, I need some money to put my billfore man.
Speaker 3: I figured man.
Speaker 5: Listen honestly, listen, I ain't won many awards in life.
Speaker 3: I haven't won.
Speaker 5: Many things in life in general, but that plaque is special to me, and I need my plaque as I need to hang out a.
Speaker 3: Million a million subscribers one and less than one.
Speaker 1: You just don't have a plaque just like you know what you did? You know, it's like self gratification.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 5: I know what I did, but I need the visual represent representation on what I did hanging in my goddamn room.
Speaker 2: Take a picture of that.
Speaker 3: And you can have a business. Hey what what color? What color is that? What color is that? You get?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Where the.
Speaker 3: Hold on? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I need I need that because the other one was silver? Right, Yeah, I got I got that. I got that one hanging out.
Speaker 2: This one for silver, this one for gold.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the next one?
Speaker 3: What's the next color?
Speaker 2: No, but you got to get ten million subs before you get that. Huh.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, Well we're gonna get there, diamond. Okay, we're gonna we're gonna get to ten million. I don't know, I don't know what we're gonna do, but we're gonna.
Speaker 3: Get the ten million. I feel but that thing and that thing look good too.
Speaker 1: Very fortunate and blessed because I have two one million subs. I have two one hundred thousand subs. So uh, the support has been amazing.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: People in the chance saying you might have to give up McDonald's four year sex for six.
Speaker 3: Ok Now, you keep your Okay, you can keep it. You can keep it. Don't worry about it. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: You can keep Thank you.
Speaker 3: Listen, I ain't give me that. I make my own guy. Damn good luck.
Speaker 1: Let's see you replicate that you made a gold jacket. Let me see you replicate that flag. Please, hey, please make sure you subcribe to the Nightcap podcast feed. You can't listen to us through the club shape shaped feed, but we would greatly appreciate it if you signed up through the Nightcap podcast feed. Thank you, guys for selling out Shave by Laportier. We have pinned the link at the top of the chat.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: We are back in start and we're taking but we're only taking pre orders.
Speaker 2: We're gonna feel me up.
Speaker 1: We're fulfilling the orders that will had ordered uh January February. We're fulfilling those orders uh and December orders. But we should have enough if you were to order, we should have enough to fulfill your order. So thank you guys for doing a great job of selling out that. Oh cho let's jump right into it. Our first segment of the night is a news Cap got the NFL will will not propose the band the Toush will not propose band for the Toush Plus in twenty twenty four. NFL executive Troy Benson reiterated today that the Tousch push will remain in legal play for the twenty twenty fourth season. Is it best to say, let's just leave it alone. Somebody stop it? Yep, Yeah, that's all.
Speaker 5: Somebody stop it, because if you think about it, there's only one team that's very efficient at the tousbush anyway, and that's the Eagles, right, They're the only team that seemed to be able to get it. So team need to figure out a way to stop the touch push, or don't allow them to have short distance. You stop them on first and second, you won't have to worry about third and one, you won't have to worry about fourth and one. But listen, now, the only team that are really good at it, there's no need to stop it. It's a part of the game. It's a part of football. And if we start, if we start making rules to stop some of the small nuances that other team struggle to stop, then they're gonna start nickpicking and finding other ways to stop other plays.
Speaker 3: That people do as well. Ain't that big of a deal.
Speaker 1: I understand why people because Oho, before you couldn't aid the runner, which means you couldn't push him.
Speaker 2: Now they say you can push him, you just can't pull it.
Speaker 1: You remember, before the guy get close to the end zone, his offensive linel put.
Speaker 3: In the lineman pull.
Speaker 1: You can't do that, but you can get behind him and shove him. And so that's basically what the touch push is. But Jalen Hurts squad six hundred pounds, he has tremendous leg drive. The offensive lineman they get low and then you know, sometimes he hits the hole right behind the center of the a gap. Sometimes he goes a little further off and he had somebody in behind him that's giving him a shove. So I agree with you, Ojo. I think teams need to come up with a way to try and stop it. Good luck with that, because Jalen Hurts has such a leg drive that it's really hard for teams to stop him. And they've done a great job. They mastered it. They were the first team that we saw do this. They've gotten really, really good at it. We've seen a lot of teams try to replicate it, but none of them to the success of.
Speaker 2: What this Josh Allon is about that. But Josh Allen is sixty five, two hundred and fifty five.
Speaker 1: Pounds, so it's fifty pounds. So good luck trying to stop that. But I think they're gonna leave it alone. I mean, they've tried this, what the third year in the row that they've had discussions about stopping it and they haven't come up with They haven't said, now, we're gonna leave it in one more year.
Speaker 3: Listen, listen.
Speaker 5: It's part of the game, man, It's part of the game. It's football. And defensively, just listen. Crowd the box, crowded box, even more, showlder pad is showlder Pad, low Man wins leverage that that's all this. You just got to fire off.
Speaker 1: And then guess what happened now they low Man, they figured into the line that pop up, they throw the pass down the field.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: But being on with Jason Kelsey retiring the All Pro Center, the All World Center for the Eagles, will it still be to have the same effectiveness?
Speaker 3: You know what, I'm not sure. I'm not sure.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm sure there would be somewhat of a drop off from with Jason Kelsey leaving in another center coming in. But obviously you got to learn the technique. You got to learn the technique to keep that keep the show going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's he was so good at getting low and you know, crawling and rooting people up out of there getting that because at first your center can't get stigny because if he gets tigny, where does the quarterback go? So he has to get some exactly exactly, so he has to get some momentum. He did a great job of that, and the only thing you can do is try to guess the snapcount, try to jump the snap, but then that's when they get you off side and they get a free five yards and so you don't even have to use the to push.
Speaker 2: It's a very difficult play to stop.
Speaker 1: The Egos have done a great job of the technique clearly is something that you can tell kind of like a rugby scrum that they've mastered in which they get the low man wins and they know the snap count.
Speaker 2: So kudos for them for coming up with something.
Speaker 1: But I'm glad they don't stop this play because somebody's gonna say, well, you know what, hey, Patrick Mahone's throwing for ten touchdowns on this one play.
Speaker 5: We can't let it do that. So where where do we stop? So Steve got a jorder line. At some point you have to join the line. At some point they've already handicapped the game. Enough, let's let's let's slow it down.
Speaker 1: There they about to have they about to have that, about to handicap the game again. NFL ev P Troy Vincent also reiterated the hip drop tackle is something we want to get out of our game. He added, the greatest asset for any athlete is durability and availability. When you have a play that has twenty five twenty to twenty five times the injury rate, it doesn't allow you to fulfill your dreams. Now, I told you this, old Joe, I said, they gonna get that a lot of them.
Speaker 2: I said, because the injury is too great.
Speaker 1: You rarely see somebody get that tackle and come back the same the next play. They always memp off the field. We've seen Tony Poller get injured. We've seen Patrick Mahone get injured that play. We've seen so many guys. Dak Prescott got injured. With the hip hip drop tackle. I just knew because the high rate of injury, that they were gonna do up them with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, most definitely, I knew you were right. Obviously.
Speaker 5: I think one of the things I think about, I'm just thinking about physics, the laws of gravity. If you have someone pulling you down, I would just go with the fall. Now, that's the way to counter it. If they didn't, If they didn't ban the hip drop tackle, if you feel that pressure, just let it go. Is when you try to fight it, when you try to continue to get more yards after. But again, it's a great call for them, I mean for Troy Vincent and the NFL Competition Committee excuse me to ban the hip drop tackle because a lot of players, for one, that have gotten hurt. Some have recovered. Patrick Mahomes obviously, Yeah it took it to seem to Super Bowl, but he did have a bad angle. He had a bad off of that drop tackle. So but again it's a good thing again for the defenders. The defenders, now you're going to have to be a little bit more disciplined on your angles when you tackle. Now if somebody, if somebody is getting away from you, I think It's an advantage of the offensive players as well, because as you tend to break away, if you're a little bit, if you're a little bit faster than the person that's chasing you, he damn they're gonna have to just let you go. You're gonna have to let you go, even if he's in arm right, if he's in arms length to be able to reach and grab now you can.
Speaker 3: I think that if you think about it, o.
Speaker 1: Jo, I think the thing what happened is is that they've seen this when I don't remember this now, it might have happened because I was looking at the tackle. I do remember the horse collar tackle happening, But there was not a whole lot this. This player has come in say heavily, like the last five years. This wasn't in there when you first got to the league. You didn't see a whole lot of tackles like this. So Joe, I don't remember seeing a whole lot of tackles when I got into the league, and even when I was exited at the end of two thousand and three. But over the last five years, you see, you've seen a guy at Ojo. I knew that I could put my helmet on the guy me a certain way that I can injure it. I know that you know what's gonna happen when you when you drop all of your weight eight if you a dB whatever your weight is one eight of the two oh five. If you alignebacker, you two thirty to two fifty, you drop all your dead weight on a man that standing up right. Yeah, you already know what's gonna happen to get to get in other yep.
Speaker 5: That's why I said the only counter offensively for players. I mean, if you, if you're smart and you feel the force of someone with they wait on you to just go with it, just flow with.
Speaker 3: It and then prevent injury.
Speaker 5: But again this is the right call by the NFL Committee and the Competition Committee and Troy Vincon because the luck again defensive players again yet again are at a disadvantage.
Speaker 1: Well they's what they've said is that in games scoring have gone a game, the game scoring has dropped the last three season. They want to see upticking. That that's why they that's why they instituted the rules to begin with. The defenseless receiver, the quarterback, you know, not not hitting the defensives, quarterback driving the quarterback into the turf. Uh incidental contact. They're trying, they won't scoring. The fans have already spoken as much as they say, Oh it's flag football. You love that. You love the thirty five to thirty eight ball game. You love the forty one thirty eight ball games. You love the overtime ball game that end thirty one to twenty eight. You got tired of the ten sevens. You got tired of that. You got tired of seven sets. It's just like baseball. Oh, the purists lack a game two one. But the fan, the purists, they're not enough purists that was going to the game, that was watching the game, So they wanted to see a nine to eight ball game in baseball.
Speaker 5: They want yet, they want to see they want to see the home runs basketball.
Speaker 2: You see what they did. They made the Lotter route, They spaced the floor.
Speaker 1: Now they the three point shot and nine teams are getting up and down the court. And you see in one thirty one, thirty eight to one, thirty five, one to one thirty the game a couple of weeks, a couple of months ago, one fifty three to one fifty one. That's what fans like to see. I don't want to and I'm not lying. I don't want to see. If I go to a basketball game, I don't want to see. No, damn, seventy eight to seventy one.
Speaker 3: Well, I have a question.
Speaker 5: If you have teams in basketball scoring at such a high rate, does that mean there's a lack of defense as well?
Speaker 2: It is a lack of defense.
Speaker 1: But they they the rules they called I think they call a little bit more ticket attack.
Speaker 2: Gil was saying that the hand check.
Speaker 1: They stopped the hand check, but he said the handshack have always been banned below the free throw line.
Speaker 2: But back back.
Speaker 1: When, back in the eighties or not, they are on bar you They're like, nah, you ain't you ain't. You ain't backing me down. But right, fans like scoring, no matter what the sport is, be a hockey, uh, soccer, baseball, basketball, football, people like scoring.
Speaker 3: They know what that is.
Speaker 1: They they the ball goes into the net, somebody cross the ars on ojoe, they know what that is.
Speaker 2: That's universal.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know who we were. I don't know who it was. Hey got Taylor swill Taylor will say yes, yes.
Speaker 3: We winning?
Speaker 2: Who is we?
Speaker 1: I don't know if somebody's scoring, right, everybody else standing up. I'm standing up too, So that's what we're gonna have. So the tush push stays at least for another year, and Tory Business reiterates that something has to happen with the hill drop tackle. So I'm not gonna be surprised if they have. If that's gonna be a penalty, and you could imagine a fine that's coming with that, that's gonna be a thirty even a first defense final gona probably be somewhere right.
Speaker 3: It's thirty thousand, yeah, most definitely.
Speaker 5: Obviously it's fifteen yards if you if you have to hip hip, if you have to execute the hip drop tackle to make a play. But also I think the fine, I think it'll start off for five thousand. Oh no, I think it's started from five thousand.
Speaker 1: No, you because the horse collar tackle is about thirty about twenty five thousands? What's the what's the flag? Can we look at U requickation? Oh yeah, I'm gonna help ask look it up too. Oh no, no, no, hell now?
Speaker 5: But faith hold on twenty twenty five, thirty thousand for a first offense. Yeah, I'm shit, I'm had i'ma have to peel that. I'm gonna have to peel last, and we need to work something out.
Speaker 1: What you got an apple or orange? Because that's the only thing you're gonna peel. You ain't gonna get that fireation.
Speaker 5: Hey, well they may may I give him a check post post date, post date.
Speaker 3: Don't cast it yet?
Speaker 1: Uh sixteen out sixteen thousand, three hundred four first.
Speaker 5: Offense Okay, okay, okay, I mean with the money they making today, that's not bad. I'm stuck in my time. That's why I'm still thinking first offense is gonna be five thousands. Hell now, yeah, they don'et went up.
Speaker 3: They don't went up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it ain't.
Speaker 1: Mm hm no, hell now, Oh, Joe, I mean, bro when you mean what you thought of?
Speaker 2: Broh, You've been retired a decade. You keep you, you keep telling that the cost of living the cost of living keep increasing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, keep increasing?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: Oh, so so so does the fine money. Okay, Okay, that's that's why I said that. With the money they making today. Okay, you're right, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 3: Hey. The fact that what I've been retired the whole decade, what.
Speaker 1: You don't it don't e four. So you did you play into twenty thirteen? You've been you've been going to decade the leaves right, God damn. You came in two thousand and one. You say you played, I came in. I came into two time in two thousands.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what was your last year in the league? Shoot twenty one? Because I played in I played in Canada and I played in Mexico.
Speaker 2: Twenty eleven with your last year, So yeah, you've been going to decade?
Speaker 3: Yeah, God, leave man, And you know it's funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bought a decade. Yeah, twenty elevel with your last year. So you've been gone by thirteen years. Because I've been going. I've been going two decades.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 5: Ain't know it's funny about that. I've been going for a decade. And I can still play Madden.
Speaker 3: No, I ain't. No, I ain't talk about mad like.
Speaker 5: I can still go out there and play right now because I'm in such elite shapes still, because I just never know when that called my card.
Speaker 3: I never know. I stay ready because if you stay ready, ain't got to get ready.
Speaker 2: Shapes pair eggs, those are shapes. You ain't taking this I'm just telling your.
Speaker 1: Spidery sis, don't tingle anymore because they've been the team down too long.
Speaker 5: Now they ain't been down because I've been doing other things that keep them things intact. My spikey point, last time you play a football.
Speaker 3: Game, oh two days ago? Oh no, I play, I play. I tell you I play rugby.
Speaker 2: That's a different type.
Speaker 1: The spider says, Hey, that's a different that's a different type of week. Hold on, you told you just told, like Chad earlier season, you get it in shape of football by playing football. Now you say you sharpen your senses doing other things.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, you can listen, stay with me.
Speaker 5: Now, there's a way to work on all your senses without actually having to play the game. There are other things that can substitute and keep your spidy senses intact. That's something that I've always done just in case. Listen, I would never play football again. But I'm just playing. I'm just saying, in general, I do other things to give me that same madrinion rush, that same the unknown, the same butterflies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's my life. You You took the words right out of my mouth.
Speaker 5: A roller coaster boxing playing tennis like doing things, but at at at somewhat of a high level, as high as I.
Speaker 3: Can get and keep it keeps my senses going.
Speaker 1: How do you and how do you heighten your sense of taste without tasting? M hm, how do you? Oh, I'll be I'll be tasting. I know you be taking and you know you're saying sty.
Speaker 3: Well, it depends, it depends. She showed we.
Speaker 2: Were moving on. Well he's talking about that because you know.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, ain't nothing roll a little tart man, you know, little tart Let twain to it.
Speaker 3: But go ahead. See I already know.
Speaker 1: But before Reil came along, you know you was.
Speaker 2: Looking at talking about damn good that they taste like late text.
Speaker 8: Man, don't Joe Man see you got me look put my hair off, man, put my hair, Let me put my hair wrists back on and move this compensational lorde man, Bear's Jayleen.
Speaker 1: Mad my bad, my bad, my bad bad, Bear's Jayleen, John said Caleb Williams. Camp brings down Hollywood stuff. Let's take a listen to the side where Jalen told k Adams.
Speaker 4: Honestly, you just you just humble yourself coming in the building.
Speaker 2: I thought.
Speaker 4: It's one of those things where it's like you can't, like you said, you can't bring that Hollywood stuff into the building, especially now with guys who played this game I thought at a high level for for consecutive years in the league. It's just something that guys like myself, guys like Tremaine TJ. I mean, just the vets now, Keenan Allen, I mean you just adding certain guys in the locker room.
Speaker 2: I fight you, We're gonna, We're gonna see through.
Speaker 4: And it's like, na, that what you did in college, the Hollywood, It's like now that that that you got to pool yourself.
Speaker 5: Come on, Jayalen, I mean, look, come on, Jayalen. You can't stereotype the man because he went to USC. Baby, I mean you got you got the Jaylen.
Speaker 3: You got to know.
Speaker 5: You got to know Caleb Williams personally before you make the assumption that he is Hollywood. I understand that's where he played. He played at USC, but he's given me no reason to think that he's coming to the NFL for this old Hollywood approach, you know, But I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's a slight on Cayler Williams.
Speaker 5: I understand what Jalen Johnson is talking about, just coming in being yourself, you know, and just just playing ball, doing what you did at USC but at the highest level. I just you gotta get get a man a chance. Yes, get a man of chance. Let him come in. That's that's that's your quarterback, that's that's your leader, you know. So, I mean, I don't think he was trying to be rude, to be mean, because I don't think he knows Caleb Willim personally. To make that assumption, that's Hollywood based off the school he went to.
Speaker 1: What's understood doesn't need to be spoken. We understand everyone. You come in there and have to earn his stripes. We didn't say anything, but you ad better believe if you want an a war and we want to see why you.
Speaker 2: Won that award.
Speaker 1: Be a Buckeye, be at the Heisman, be at the Thorp, be at the Mackie.
Speaker 3: It didn't matter. We needed to see.
Speaker 1: When we got the camp, we put those fans on why he won that award. There was nothing, there's nothing need to be saying. What's understood doesn't need to be said. So I think Caleb with I don't like I said, I don't know Caleb. I know who he is, I don't know him from a candapaign, but I think he comes in there with the right attitude showing that Okay, yes I'm a rookie, I'm gonna have to earn being number one.
Speaker 2: That don't make you the leader.
Speaker 1: Now you're gonna have to commit because you're gonna have to convince a lot of those guys that have been in the league five years, seven years, eight years, nine years, TENU League years that you can lead them. Yeah, that's what you're gonna That's what you're gonna have to convince. That's why it's so important for the quarterback to be because he's the guy that you're gonna be asking to lead your offense man.
Speaker 3: And a lot of.
Speaker 1: Times the quarterback, for the most part, is probably one of the youngest, especially in today's time, because the day we ain't got no thirteen fourteen year quarterbacks in the league.
Speaker 3: Not many, not many.
Speaker 2: And so I get what Jalen Johnson is saying, but I agree with you. You got to.
Speaker 1: Give the man the benefit of the doubt until he shows you otherwise, then you could say roll pulling to the sides.
Speaker 2: Of a bro.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, they're in Hollywood. That what you do and what you did in the USCA that the ain't gonna cut it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. You know.
Speaker 5: The funny thing about it is, even when you say what he did at USC, I have seen nothing that would say, you know what, God damn man, his mannerism, the way he act, oh man, he Hollywood. All all I can base stuff off of is what the fuck out saw on film. And if I were Jalen Johnson, Hell, if I was God damn keenan Allen or received on that goddamn team. Oh man, I'm hype because I understand what I got it to Helm that's getting ready to lead us, oh man. And listen, buddy, is the real deal. We talk about any immense talent. We talked about a generational talent. If if the Bears organization do what they need to do to make sure they don't fail this young kid like them the rest of the quarterbacks that have come through that organization.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is is that you look and it's being reported that his last two years at USC, he made north of ten million dollars in nil right, he got you know what because he's that boy. Yes, and so you look like bro, you drive around Hollywood and you got a lambod Ferrari and you know you got all these deals. Bro, don't come in here with that because you start from scratch. Because what we ask you gotta do. Whatever whatever you had at college, we're gonna leave that there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah started, Yeah, you started from you started on, you start a new Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's hey, that's supposedly how we do in a relationship. Right, oh, cho, No matter what whatever whatever he heard about you, whatever you heard about her, we decided to come together.
Speaker 3: We're starting a new Yeah. That was a new me, new year. Knew me every time.
Speaker 5: And then I told I told real, hey, listen, put a band aid on. When you come to me, you better come here. Yeah, yeah, come to me, Come come here, honey. I ain't got time to play, but listen, goddamn listen, chat y'all, excuse me.
Speaker 3: What I'm about to say.
Speaker 5: I have a feeling, based on the talent that Caleb Williams is that he can have the same effect on the Bears organization the city of Chicago, the same way Patrick ma Holmes heading the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 3: If they do.
Speaker 5: Right by him and building around that young fellow man. He's different, He's he's a phenomena. He's a phenomenon. He's a come here, he's a phenomenal talent. Look look at it, Listen, look at look at my Caleb Williams.
Speaker 3: I'm doing makeup challenge.
Speaker 2: Let rail sit down right quick.
Speaker 3: I'm taking over a night care. What's how you feeling today?
Speaker 6: I'm feeling amazing.
Speaker 1: They say, the Chat say, we need you to feel. We need to have you on a couple of times a week sitting in.
Speaker 3: I'm ready.
Speaker 6: You just got to send me my note, be prepared. I'm gonna let Chat take over to day. But you know, I can't embarrass because I heard.
Speaker 1: What is what made you decide that you wanted to go make up free for the next several days or weeks or how long you want to do this challenge?
Speaker 3: Honestly, I'm I'm joking.
Speaker 6: I'm I just did it because Karesha has a song that's coming out. It's no makeup, no filters challenge. You're pretty well no make up. So I just did it on TikTok and she just reposted it. But I feel I hate wearing makeup.
Speaker 1: Oh do you man? He hey, he did it? Get out?
Speaker 3: Get out this ship rail. I feel I feel like make up at ten years on?
Speaker 6: Really mm hmm see I look, you know I look good, don't we don't hate her, don't be hated.
Speaker 5: He over here, I hated.
Speaker 3: He trying to take.
Speaker 2: Away what he said you need make up.
Speaker 3: No he didn't say that, but he's just hating.
Speaker 1: Right, Oh Joe, get your hand off your hips. May get your hand off your heads.
Speaker 3: Get out of the camera, man, rail over. Let the chance be reil shine man? Who man?
Speaker 2: Who you?
Speaker 3: Who you paying? You're paying me a hot man?
Speaker 1: Come on, man, we're about to break cut railer check too.
Speaker 6: That's right, but I'm serious. Make up, it's just it does. Put it on, take it off.
Speaker 3: And men don't like women, not a whole lot of it.
Speaker 2: But they some of them put too much on the rail. I mean some of them.
Speaker 1: They yeah, some of them have it like you spread that on what they use the butter knife to put that makeup on. I mean, that's that's too that's too much. I mean, you know, it's kind of like when you were in the high school of college and you kissed the girl in the whole side of your face was like.
Speaker 3: Or when you yeah, white.
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Oh you play for this dry cleaning?
Speaker 3: Right, It's good.
Speaker 7: I love y'all all right, man, Yeah damn you got you man, You got her stealing the shine and take them a show man.
Speaker 3: It's bad enough.
Speaker 5: Everywhere I go in public now they talking about hey boy, ah you ain't you dude? That day real. I'm like, come on, man, stop trying me. Man, Yeah, we gotta say we listen. We got to Simba down on that man. We gotta Simba down. She can't be like it's like it's like nah, but I'm just saying they be embarrassed. I mean, like in public they be disrespecting me, like, ain't you dude?
Speaker 3: What you mean?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: You know my name? Chad Man? What you mean? Ain't you dude?
Speaker 5: Come on, come on, man, we gotta slow down, no more, no more. She ain't she ain't get she ain't get sheen coming on this ship.
Speaker 2: You know, well you get real. We're gonna see railer camera.
Speaker 1: Reial go be another rule while you at one room rail of the other Papa water screen.
Speaker 5: Nah nah, because now she's getting a little bit more more attention than I am.
Speaker 3: And now it's putting me on the back burn.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold up, oh Joe, don't you want your woman to shine?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I wanted to shine? But how her light gonna be bright in the mound? What it is? I'm supposed to be leading, I'm supposed to believe? How I'm e lade if she right now?
Speaker 2: You're an eclipse right now? I mean dark?
Speaker 3: You is?
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: That's all that is?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: So check us out, O Joe. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Russell Wilson released the new workout video, New Team, New Workout Us from Russ Yeah. This one showed him working out on his footwork while wearing sunglasses, which led to a lot of jokes from the NFL fans. Jameis Winston almost posted the video if him taking snaps on the center in a full suit. Oh Joe, why do guys feel they need to post their videos their workout video?
Speaker 3: Ain't nothing wrong with that, hey, I like it.
Speaker 5: I like the fact that he's posting his workouts, letting people know he's locked in and staying on top of what he needs to do. Technique, basic fundamentals, dropping back, pocket, moving pocket presence, throwing the ball, staying on points. So when he does get the camp. I'm sure Russell Wilson gonna hit the off season program. He gonna hit the off season program running letting them boys. No, listen, I'm coming here to lead us to you nowhere to make sure we're in contention. I like that they're posting this to let people know what he's doing and that.
Speaker 3: He's Are you doing it for people? Are you doing it for you?
Speaker 5: Well, hey, listen, it's the same thing when I when I was when I was playing, I didn't have access to social media, but I upload the video of the YouTube of myself working ab Santana Moss, Andre Johnson, like old stuff you can see. So this is what they do today in today's era of the you know, during the social media era, you know, you upload some of the stuff you're doing and it lets people into your life outside of the game of football.
Speaker 1: You don't like it, I mean each you own. I mean that's I mean, like you said, this is where we are now. Ojo got uploading a lot of their workout stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't really have a problem with it. Uh hey look at Jamis. Okay, so what's this, Hey, Jamis?
Speaker 2: Jamis?
Speaker 5: Jamis working on his snap. Hey, but he had a full trench coat. Hey, Jami dressed like Colombo. Damon dressed like Colombo. Get hey, listen, I love dude, man, I want you know, I wanted this. Jamis understand or does he even realize how unintentionally funny he is?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: And he's funny without even trying to be funny.
Speaker 1: I mean, man, come on with dif right here. You know the kind of reaction that you was gonna get.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it ain't.
Speaker 1: It'll be like you out there catching footballs in the tough seed though. You know the reaction that you're gonna get.
Speaker 2: So to say that.
Speaker 5: I ain't, no, you knew, Yeah, I mean it's a good but it's nothing bad. You know, he just just getting the feel for the pig skin. You know, it's it's been it's been a long time. He just signed with the Browns.
Speaker 3: You know, let me let me touch it a little bit, Let me touch a little bit, you know, get that snapping, Gonna take it, gonna take in a top coat.
Speaker 5: None, none, But I would hate for him to have to put on some Browns geared just to take one snap. You know, ain't nothing wrong, right, But he was there to sign his contract, so he ain't gonna be in short and show.
Speaker 2: So he signed contract.
Speaker 1: Somehow he found the Center in the weight room and say hey, let you boyetah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they listen.
Speaker 5: I guarantee you that was the first time him in the center met and the center might have been out working on some snaps and say, man, let me snap what I'm saying for you real, let me get a feel for has gonna be.
Speaker 1: Ain't wrong with that, It's just different now, Joe. I just think, yeah, sometimes I think guys it's more for for for show than yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, ain't nothing wrong, But I said you you are a little bit more closed off in general with your personal life and your public life. So I think you're one who really doesn't see the reason for posting any and everything. And I kind of like it, Like I want to see what the receivers are doing in the off season, justin Jefferson, Chase, the dB, Saft Guardener, all them boys. I want to see videos because hell, I'm gonna be joining up.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be joining them in the off seat in the train.
Speaker 2: Somebody tweeted, I love you, Kyle, but run it.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Somebody tweeted about four hours ago. I love you, Kyle, but running and throwing in short catching past his pointless when the only thing that matters is what you put on film. Everybody looks good in shorts on air against no competition.
Speaker 3: Who tweeted right, that was me?
Speaker 2: That was me?
Speaker 3: That was me.
Speaker 5: That that was that was That was about Marvin Harrison Junior working out of the pro day in front of the NFL scouts when the NFL scouts have three years worth the footage of him at Ohio State where it makes no sense what he has to do.
Speaker 3: Russell Wilson throwing did you with me? Me? Finished?
Speaker 2: Did you have?
Speaker 5: I wasn't Marvin Harrison Junior coming out either question. I was also I was a wait. I was also a one for one, so I had no choice but one.
Speaker 3: I only only. I was on the Division one level for one year. You forgot, you forgot then roll. I mean they saw you a seven monicle. No, they ain't see me. But I want nobody there. I mean, I want to listen.
Speaker 5: I made my grand entries at Oregon State. I got there, and I got there in August, and I was going to December. Four months. That's all I had. My back was against the wall, so I had no choice but to go and do what I need to do in front of these folks and let them know.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 5: I might have bounced around from school to school. I might have got thrown out from school to school. My grades might might not have been what they should to be at a four year institution. But there's one thing I can do. I can play some motherfucking ball. I can play some ball. So I had to showcase that. When it comes to Margaret Harrison junior, there is nothing that he has to showcase on his pro date or at the NFL combined because there's enough film, which is the only thing that matters, not what he does. And god damn shorts and shirt.
Speaker 1: I think the thing, if they had classroom on the football field, you might have been good.
Speaker 2: So they should have started U about fifty on the football field, I.
Speaker 5: Think, Oh, listen, listen. When I was in school, I was I was brilliant. I was a four point zero student. The problem was you couldn't get me to go to class because I was worried about playing football.
Speaker 3: That was my issue.
Speaker 5: My grandma already told me, boy listen, listen, stop focusing on football and get your goddamn education, because if football doesn't work out, you got to have something to fall back on.
Speaker 3: And what you think my heart head at my hard head ass did?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Focus on football, Focus on football, Focus on football, focus on football. Get in trouble fighting here fight. I'm at Langsty University for one Langsy diversit. I get thrown up for fighting. Rest in peace of doctor Ernest Holloway. I come back to my grandma. My grandma like man, listen, baby, I've done all I can with you. I'm tired of talking. I'm tired. I wash my hands. She shipped me to my mom in La. First time I lived with my mama obviously. Nineteen ninety seven, I enrolled at Center Monica Junior College. First thing, I'm focused on football. Yeah, ask me how many classes I went to.
Speaker 1: Well, when you say ask, that means none.
Speaker 3: Listen, Billy showed U.
Speaker 5: Because I'm out there practicing, I'm doing I'm working out, I'm doing all the stuff. I'm doing everything I'm supposed to be doing one except go to goddamn class. Sh had ninth come nineteen ninety eight. Unk, I'm ineligible. Boom, I got summer classes that go to all kinds of classes to make sure I'm eligible to play in nineteen ninety nine. Mini, that's this is three years down now, so my fourth year of eligibility is goddamn yeah, Oregon State. So I obviously I got myself eligible to play in ninety eight, No ninety nine and that one for one at Oregon State. Dennis Arison, I'll never forget. Thank you, Denny, if you see this.
Speaker 3: He gave me a shot.
Speaker 5: You know they don't pass out, no, give nobody, no for a scholarship for no one year.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: He gave me a shot.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I went to Oregon State and showed the f out and I ain't looked back since.
Speaker 5: So when it comes to the combine and having to perform in front of people and no shorts and shirts that we're talking about.
Speaker 3: I had no choice. I ain't had no choice. There was too many red flags behind me for me not to.
Speaker 2: Look. I looked.
Speaker 1: I took a different approach to you, o Joe. I looked at like, Okay, I'm here at college. Help, I might as well get a degree. I'm gonna be here four years. Nobody was going early. I think my year was the first year that guys started like really Leaven early, you know, and men and Lamar Lath and we had several guys that left early, I mean, and they were you know, high draft picks, but for the most part, you stayed four years. And I didn't want to be one of those guys that I was further away from graduation when I left after four years than when I was when I got there four years earlier. So I was like, Hey, I'm gonna get this degree because people didn't think I could do a lot of people didn't think I could do it. I know I could do it. I just needed to apply myself. I bull jib around, you know what I'm saying. I wanted to be the class clent. I wanted to be funny, and plus I was a superior athlete to everyone else. I was like, Hey, somebody gonna give me an opportunity. It might not be where I want to go, but somebody gonna give me a chance because the football skill, the basketball skill, the track skill is too great for somebody to say, nah, he can't do nothing for our university. So it was sa battle State coach Davis. Bill Davis rest his soul. He like son, I would be honest with you. If I was drafted and I had the number one pick of all the kids that's coming out of college, I'll take you number.
Speaker 3: One m And I like that.
Speaker 2: I like I was gone. He couldn't come in the house though.
Speaker 1: You know, we had that car that we had a We had that confege, we had that conversation to the driveway because when I talked about signed with him, obviously, you know, it was like it was like like three weeks, oh Joe before we had to go to camp. So I was just sitting around like okay. I was like, man, I'm goin to go to the I'm and to go to the Air Force. Because my brother called me. He came down, talked to me and said, the Savanna State still have that scholarship for you. I said, yeah, Coach Davis sent any time I need. If I wanted a scholarship, he would take me. He said, well, call Coach Davis and tell him you coming go for a year and if you don't like it, saying I went for a year foot you know college. It wasn't for me. I called Coach David. They had to be like nine that night. I said coach, I want to come to Savannah State. He said, all right, home, God damn, I'm gonna put my clothes on him. Coming down. I said, Nah, Coach, I'm good. He said, hell Noah Son, somebody else gonna come down there and sign.
Speaker 2: You under me.
Speaker 1: I said, coach, I give you my word. I'm gonna sign with Savannah State.
Speaker 2: Man. Coach you at my house about eight o'clock in the morning. I had went out.
Speaker 1: I had went out the night before O Joe, and I had some money in my pocket.
Speaker 2: I was like, damn, i'd've lost my money. Come to find out the money was.
Speaker 3: Hold on how much? How much you held?
Speaker 1: How much you had forty eight fifty dollars, but you know that a lot of money back in nineteen oh yeah, and my circumstances. So Coach David came. He said, son, I appreciate this. I'm gonna take care of you. My grandma. My grandma never came out to the house. He just ate and that's kind of that's kind of how she handled it. Oho, you know stuff like that. I remember when I got when my homeboy, Ricky Thomas, he went to the same school. He was my quarterback in high school. He went to the same school that I went. He went to Savannah State, and I remember he blew the horn that uh that August heading down there. My grandmother was in the bed. My grandma ain't never get up a, never got out of the bed. She ain't a because she felt she had done done all she could in eighteen years. Giving me another five ten minutes speech before I walked out the door.
Speaker 2: She said, it wasn't gonna do no good now, no good.
Speaker 1: I walked down. I left us. I left as a boy. Remember looking back at that Remember looking back at the house. Yeah, I knew what I was leaving behind, and I knew I knew what the mission was, o Cho. When I got in that car, it's just like, okay, go get it done. Now, go get it done.
Speaker 3: See see you were you was locked in.
Speaker 5: It took me to understand what the mission was after I hitmer goddamn head and fell multiple times at Langston.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: First year at Santa Monica, got myself together the all a year where I was in eligible. I had to get my grades right then it hit me like, hey man, boy, that window of opportunity is by this big.
Speaker 3: Either get it done.
Speaker 5: Now or the chances in your childhood dreams are down the dream and I had locked in and I did it. My grandma waited for the first time, and the first time I actually listen to what she had to say. Listen to what she had to say. Look, what the hell happened?
Speaker 3: Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: I tell my kids all the time, I say, sometimes you have to bump your own head to realize how much it is. See me telling you I did something similar and bump my head. You didn't feel it. So sometimes my grandma said, boy, sometimes you got to bump.
Speaker 2: Your own head.
Speaker 1: Because we can do all we can to protect them, give them. They have access to things we never had access to. Yeah, but at the end of the day, they're gonna have to fall down and skin their own neither.
Speaker 3: You got.
Speaker 1: You got stuff on your sins, your needs from falling down as a child, things that we tried to protect our own kids from. So think about it, little Joe, what you tried to do. You try to protect your kids from all of that.
Speaker 3: Blow it.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be. Okay, don't cry, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my grandma ain't never saying now one time, Okay, it's gonna be. It's gonna be okay. But my grandma ain't blow nothing. Put some alcohol on it. Now, So now I'm preevious. You know, you don't see nothing. You don't see nothing of white meat. And she poured alcohol on it.
Speaker 8: I'm like what, oh.
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: And that that was the thing.
Speaker 1: And so for me, O Joe, I didn't want to let her down because she had done everything that she possibly could to raise her nine and my mom's three. And so I knew when she didn't get up out of that bed and say, Son, I remember, don't drink. Son said, don't get out, go out late. Son, ain't your clothes in the morning, Son, be respectful. I knew when she didn't give me that speech, because he had been giving me that speech for eighteen years. She said, man, ten more minutes, ain't gonna do nothing for here, and either he got it, don't don't. Yeah, I walked out the highlok. I was different.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: I was never the same. I was never the same, Ohoe. When I left that house, I was, I was a different person. And I remember my brother. My brother's like he he could see it. My sister will tell you I was. I was a different person. I wasn't the same.
Speaker 3: I never.
Speaker 1: I was never that same person that left Rocked four bucks three eighty five on that August day in nineteen eighty six. Even when I came back a month or two later, when we had a bye week, I wasn't the same I was.
Speaker 2: There was a focus, O shoe. There was a focus.
Speaker 1: And I couldn't believe because now I go from showering morning night, you know.
Speaker 2: Practice, I would shower before I go to practice. I would shower after practice.
Speaker 1: I was shot because you know, we practicing twice a day, So I'm going three showers a day, going to the bathroom inside.
Speaker 2: I come home, guess what, gotta wash in a tub?
Speaker 1: Gotta go back to the you know, got to go back to the woods to go to the bathroom again.
Speaker 3: The bathrooms. Yeah yeah, And now I'm.
Speaker 1: Thinking to myself, how many in my teammates have ever had to go to the bathroom in the woods. Oh Joe, I'm eighteen, Oh Joe, I'm nineteen. Oh cho I'm twenty years old going to the bathroom in the woods. I'm still taking a shower in a foot tub, warming the water up. We would, I mean, when I would work, we put water in a number two wash tub. I don't know if anybody from the country. You can google it, look up a number two washtub. I would put water in the washtub when I was working. I come home at noon, we got an hour to eat. I would put water in the washtub and leave it in the sun so the sun would heat it up. So that's my warm water when I come up when I get off work to take a bath in. So I'm taking a bath and a foot in a wash tub. Yeah yeah, I'm drawing water. So we drawing water out of a whale. We got a whale ochoe, I'm talking about this nineteen eighty six, nineteen eighty seven, nineteen eighty eight, nineteen eighty My brother would pro in eighty eight.
Speaker 3: So I'm drawing water. We drinking water from a whale.
Speaker 1: I'm drawing my water to the putting the sunder out of the sticket to take a bath in. Now, many times my brother would take a bath first. We used that same water. Yeah yeah, I know about taking a bad.
Speaker 2: First us that water.
Speaker 1: So I remember going home after being at Savannah State and showering three times a day, going to the bath through any time I want you and I have to worry about grabbing bugspray to spread around me because the mosquitoes tear me up. Or it's told at night and I got a big old jacket on and I'm out there in the wood going to the bathroom.
Speaker 2: I mean, I say, this ain't for.
Speaker 5: Me, said, you know, you know, it's funny you got you got you got people at times that come from different circumstances. But I think your focus was a little bit different because of you coming from Hormoguinas. Obviously Grandma and and and what she instilled in you, you know, throughout your tenure as an adolescent. But then when you get to somewhere like Savannah State, you have an appreciation for the atmosphere and the many these that you never really had before. So your focus was just different. Yeah, because of the access that you had once you got to college, and you know, youn't you weren't going back to that, you weren't going back, So it made it even that much easier for you to focus, as opposed to somebody that comes from a silver spoon play out and they wouldn't really a pretty they wouldn't they wouldn't really appreciate being away from home in college, because there's something that you've always got throughout your whole life.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh and I remember, oh yo and all my I think I had one friend, Stacey, my homeboy. His birthday minded the twenty sixth to Junie, he is the twenty seventh. He was the only person that's ever been inside my house that was a friend. Because we didn't have no indoor plumbing, we didn't have no running water, so if somebody had to go use the bathroom, you know, you'd have to tell them a lie. Well, you know, the toilet broke, you're gonna have to go outside. So bad for me, o Joe, that was I couldn't. I couldn't see myself, my sister's age, my grandmother's age, having to go to the woods to continue to go to.
Speaker 3: The bathroom my grandma and up.
Speaker 1: My grandma ended up in a forties, in a fifty six old granted, and so that was eighty six. Granny was born in twenty three. So you know, nah nah nah nah nah nah. That wasn't That wasn't gonna work for me. That wasn't gonna work for me, Ojoe and eating what we ate, you know, I see I remember see, and people were saying, you lying, asked my brother. I remember we had a well, I grew up on a farm. So my grandfather would go get from to go to the grocery stores. And you know, the rotten fruit they got a rotten spot on it, they throw in that. All the bananas that got that's partially rotten, they throw that in the thing. So my grandfather threw it away.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, oh nah, let me get let me get them, let.
Speaker 2: Me let me get it. So you don't know, oh joe. So we had hogs.
Speaker 1: So my grandfather was getting the cabbage and the stuff, all the produce for the hogs. I jumping in. I jump in the kneedy mother. See when people say needy, you know how your boy being there, I'll be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: That's where the term comes with.
Speaker 3: I be that needy.
Speaker 1: So I say, hog, you're not going to get this apple, You're not gonna get great many I get better. I go over there and get get apples, get great, get bananas, cut the browns off and eat it, wash it off, eat it.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeeah.
Speaker 1: So that was my thought process. I said, Lord, if I'm fortunate enough and I have kids. My kids couldn't live like this, I said. My kids ain't built like I'm built.
Speaker 3: They can't.
Speaker 1: They couldn't stay in one hour, let alone a day or a month or a year in my life.
Speaker 3: So I mean, that's the whole point.
Speaker 5: When you do have kids, you always want to make life easier for them so they don't have to go through the things you win through, because I don't think the kids in our era would be able to survive in the past, and based on what we had to go through.
Speaker 3: It's different. It's different, so many different.
Speaker 5: Rules are inclined to appease them, as opposed to one small rule being able to being able to.
Speaker 3: Discipline your child. You can't even do that anymore.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 3: You can't. Oh, you can't. Man, Listen, it was a day. It was a time. I know. I'm not sure how it was where you from, but I know where I'm from. Now.
Speaker 5: If your parents are, if your mama, if your parents ain't home, my grandma, my granddaddy wasn't now and I messed up, and I did. Somebody had no business. All the neighbors had the right to be my ass Oh yeah, And then when they get home and the neighbors.
Speaker 3: Tell my grandma, my granddaddy what I did. I get my ass again? You have community ass whippings. Oh yeah, because to the village. That was my grandma favorite.
Speaker 5: It takes the village and we're gonna make sure if you mess up, I want you all to make sure y'all beat his ass, and when he get them me, I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Beat him again.
Speaker 1: That's exactly how it was, O Yoe. There was a respect level for all the people, all the adults in the community. All that sassing and talking back. You don't tell me what to do. I don't remember talk back to Oh you mama, you don't tell me what to do.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: They tear you up and say, boy, hey Mary, you know I had to cut that boy tail. He was up there sass and he was doing this.
Speaker 3: Listen. Did you see some of them clips with them kids talking back?
Speaker 2: I would have never made it.
Speaker 3: You already know what to.
Speaker 5: Talk about, talking back, talking about their mama, talk about I don't feel like it.
Speaker 3: I don't want to get off the gate man ship.
Speaker 2: Man, you can be in there watching you my girl say hey, y'all get outside and play.
Speaker 1: We watch the TV.
Speaker 3: Hey, it wasn't though. Hey, they hey hot out there.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, we used to like try to play basketball, and that we were playing the basketball this summer. Whooa boy, it's too hot. Y'all will have a stroke. Come out there soon as the man come back for the truck to go in the fields. All right, boy, here, if it's too hot to play basketball, but it's not too hot to work.
Speaker 3: In the fields.
Speaker 1: B I said, what I'm looking at. I'm looking at this Saga Spagan looking at me. That's my brother, were looking at our cousins. Now, you just told us it's too hot to play basketball, but it ain't too hot to going down one hundred degree hey. Time time we hit the back of that pickup truck, you know, dragging our feet. I don't know you to have, but we dragging our feet on the road. All right, boys, y'all be careful, but oh your those for the time. Though, hard times make tough men, tough men make weak kids. M Now, people in the jack you'll understand what I'm talking about, Oh Joe. The Dodgers fire Show, hell Tany's interpreter interpreter over claims of massive faith show. He Tani's interpreter, I'm not going to try to say his name, has been accused of stealing four point five million from Otane's to pay down gambling debts from a California bookie who hey. The wire transfer came to light because the FBI was investigating a man named Matthew Bauer for running an ill illicit book making scheme, and Otani's name serviced in investigations. Two five hundred thousand dollars payments had been wired directly from show Hal Tani's bank account to Borrior. The Dodgers immediately fired Muzarahi, the interpreter, but it doesn't add up Otane's team, permitting the interpreter to sit for a ninety minute interview Tuesday night. The interpreter told ESPN that he started placing bets on credit with Barrier after meeting him at his San Diego poker game in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: Got big poker games going on out here. I still away from there.
Speaker 1: After grin to cover his losses, Otane thought the interpreter still might gamble money away, so he logged into the computer and sent it the bowyer himself. According to Miseraki, their close relationship had once been described as a brotherhood. It was only after the interpreter interview that Otani's represented it changed their tune. Now the claim was that he was a victim, that Otani was a victim of massive theft at the hands of the interpreter, and that he never tried to cover the gambling losses.
Speaker 2: It doesn't add up. It's not adding up.
Speaker 1: O Joe.
Speaker 2: Otani'sft claim makes a little bit more sin.
Speaker 3: So I'm compute. Okay, I'm confused.
Speaker 5: So is it theft on behalf of the interpreter and stealing money or is it Otani one that likes to gamble as well? Because if Otani likes to gamble, and we talked about baseball, we already know how they strike with the iron fish when it comes to gambling and baseball.
Speaker 1: What happened was what I believe happened because the interpreter and Otani has a very t relationship, is described as a brotherhood. The inn has a gambling problem. Okay, what's the likelihood of the interpreter having access directly to show Hazel Tani's account. Yeah, so that's not very much money was coming directly from Show Hazel Tani's account.
Speaker 2: To cover the gambling debt.
Speaker 1: Now this this, this, this ille illicit gambling ring is under federal investigation. So now show hell Tani. How many of them? Show hell Tana? You think in the United States?
Speaker 3: Just one?
Speaker 1: And is that one that plays that's not currently on the dodge? So now hold on, how's this tied to what's really going on? See it makes me sense. See what happened was I believe he was covering for his they're so close, they're like brothers because he's been as interpreter. He's covering the debt. It's a bad look because it's makes it seemed like shoe Hey knew and was covering the dead. So now once it comes to light, no, he was stealing money because we got to clear show hate.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, okay, okay, Well hold on, now what are we betting on? I know we're not betting on baseball.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think. I don't think he's taking baseball.
Speaker 1: I think he's probably betting on football, probably basketball, whatever the case may be.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: But still in general, now this is something you're gonna have to educate me on because I don't know much about it now as an active baseball player, Are you allowed to bet on other things outside of baseball or is that still frowned upon in the baseball We're not sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: I know like golf, golf can bet on themselves, the golfers, like like Tiger could bet on himself.
Speaker 2: I bet a million dollars.
Speaker 1: That I'm gonna win the Masters, right, But as a football player, because there's so many things that there's a lot of moving parts, and because the money is so substantial. Now, that's what I couldn't understand what Calvin really, That's why I couldn't understand what some of those Lions player. Bro, you trying to win five hundred dollars and you make eleven million, you're selling your money.
Speaker 2: You're selling hundreds for five. It made no sense.
Speaker 1: Now when somebody back in the late like the Black Sox scandal, when they gonna give you, okay, they give you one thousand dollars and you making two hundred, now okay, okay, that makes a little sense.
Speaker 3: Or box would thought they would fixed the fight.
Speaker 1: But in today's game, why would a guy making thirty million fix a game fifty million and ruined everything?
Speaker 2: So it made no sense. What makes sense, is that the interpreter had a problem.
Speaker 1: He got in over his head and so, oh Joe, remember I told you I lose a hand, I double the next hand.
Speaker 2: Lose that head. Now you see how you can get it.
Speaker 3: Hold in the hole.
Speaker 1: So if you gambling, hey you have lost one hundred thousand, Hey, double it, And I want to pay this, this, this, this and this and so that one hundred thousand. Now all of a sudden, if you don't win, you're down eight hundred thousand.
Speaker 5: Because boy, yeah, boy, But I hope obviously Antonio is I mean and Shay hate show show, God damn it, show hate.
Speaker 3: Otani is a crazy talent.
Speaker 5: Obviously, I don't even watched baseball, but continuously seeing him on the news for what he's doing, obviously watching him on ESPN, I've come to learn about him through there, understanding how great he is as a pitcher, as a slugger, and I hope, I hope everything goes in his favor. I'm not sure about the rules as far as him being an active baseball player and betting on other sports. I'm not sure if that is frowned upon in the baseball world, but we will find out.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I'm someone that's wired large sums of money, and even when they're gonna call me mister sharp X came and wants to wire this summer money.
Speaker 2: Do we have your permission?
Speaker 1: Yes, So they're not just gonna be wiring five hundred thousand dollars from that account without without showing oh no, well.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay okay. I see where you're going with it now, the volume