Speaker 1: Watch up and welcome back to another episode of No Sealer's Podcast with your hosts now fuck that with your loaw glasses Malone. The awkward thing is when you don't really have much to start the show with, yes, or you walk into the show and like, you don't have a preconceived idea, like I watch a lot of podcasts, why don't I'm telling a lie.
Speaker 2: Let me start with that. I do not watch a lot of podcasts.
Speaker 1: I rarely ever watch podcasts, like I may watch clips, but I don't watch the whole podcasts. But it seems like more people put vested interest in what's happening on a week to talk about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's easy, that's cheap and easy cheap, but it's easy, and I.
Speaker 1: Think that's what we do with the stream. I think that's what we do with the stream. The stream is Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, you know, the lunch hour.
Speaker 3: It's like a periodical.
Speaker 1: Yes, But what I try to do with the podcast is make something where it's deeper into the cave.
Speaker 2: It's not at the front door of the cave. It's not at the opening.
Speaker 1: Sure, so it's odd to start a pod and you have no idea what you want to talk.
Speaker 2: About or what's deep in the cave. I don't know.
Speaker 3: We'll just have to like walk and talk like an awkward first date until we get deep enough in the cave to find something.
Speaker 2: Oh man, how something happens?
Speaker 1: No sellings podcast gl I got my brother Peter Boss.
Speaker 2: We brought Joey west Side. I gotta keep Joey Westside on his toes.
Speaker 1: Joey is getting better at discussing and talking a lot more and more. Joey be so frustrated with all of the content that's online, especially when it comes to Los Angeles street urban culture. I mean curious, and it's funny because he goes down this rabbit hole of LA street urban culture. But the bullshit part of it, it don't even be cultural cause it don't be like nobody that contribute to no level of art. You know, hip hop is street urban culture, you know, initially based out of New York. So it's that's why they say the elements is MC and DJing, dancing, graffiti. Even the knowledge is those are like artistic things. And then there's people right now that's creating content. Everything they do is just.
Speaker 2: Street. There's no culture.
Speaker 1: It's like eating a spoonful of salt. Yeah, you know, like I would like to think of hip hop as soul food, right, like like macaroni and cheese, like greens, like yams. You know, it's seasoned to the heavens, but it's still some level of nourishment under all of that seasoning. Yeah, these niggas is like just taking a spoonful of salt, just eating it, and that's what they sell them.
Speaker 3: And most candies. When you were a kid, it was like a white piece of sugar and you dipped it in more flavored sugar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how it is.
Speaker 3: They just said, throw the stick out.
Speaker 2: In my rabbit hole.
Speaker 1: For some reason, on ig has been just sellouts like sellouts. Sellouts is like people who their whole content pieces talking shit.
Speaker 2: About black people. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: Like, and don't get me wrong, Pete, I get it. A lot of people that are not black, like black people, have taken advantage of the circumstances or at least of the trauma that they've been through, which is ridiculous, right because really, you supposed to get balanced and treated correct, like I always tell you, supposed to get reparations. You're supposed to repair that that setback and me and you could move forward, amig. But its people like the newest thing is the Carnival Cruise ship, right and you, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know what this is even about. But cruises. I got in trouble Cauz like six months ago. I just put on an Instagram story cruises are ghetto and people. I was on a cruise last month and I'm like, mm.
Speaker 4: It's it's about It's about them niggas. And then bluetooth speakers. It's it's it's definitely about the niggas. Bro they tied to niggas. Uh partier sleep they got bluetooth speakers at the jacuzzis while everybody's sleeping.
Speaker 3: It's just like like just a lot of common content on social media about it. Or was there like a thing where like Carnival like stopped at an island and like I said, you guys have to get off the fucking boat.
Speaker 5: So no, I don't think it was that extreme.
Speaker 1: So Carnival Cruise, they didn't put it out, but it came out from them. Carnival Cruise hasn't really said much about it. They've kind of watered They've kind of like, look y'all doing a lot.
Speaker 2: We didn't say all that.
Speaker 1: We're trying to keep a level of whatever on our ship. But they said some of the cruises won't be playing hip hop. They said some of the cruises, you know, you can't. You can't bring fans on and do the steps, you know, the boots on the ground. They talked about kids under eighteen not being able to run loose at one or two, and I didn't think that was that bag. They said they were back up on little hip hop, and I'm not mad. I don't know if it should be all hip hop on the damn cruise, Like if it was a cruise that had all hip hop, it should be a hip hop cruise.
Speaker 2: I would like a.
Speaker 3: Cruises, you know, just find it there. Seems like every other damn ship's a thematic cruise. Just find the cruise themed for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But the point is, so people started talking shit and then they started over selling exactly what's happening right, like, oh, these cruises are so cramming, like bro y'all so dramatic, like you'll see one and you know what, this is kind of what fuck Instagram up? What fucks humans up with Instagram? Instagram will have you believe in what you see is real life all the time, Yes, sir, Yes, right, and it's getting worse and worse. Like I was in the group chat, so everybody know, I got this group chat with pun ad problem in the Homie Ace Boy Manny. They were showing a video today of some asshole that ran their card.
Speaker 2: Through a bunch of people, fucking people up, maybe even some people died.
Speaker 6: Was that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they snatched the dude out and whooped to his ass and shotting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's something that's not funny, but that's funny, but that's that's extreme, like because they felt they automatically assumed he drink, drinking and drive.
Speaker 3: The way it was described on the thing that I saw, it was like somebody It made it seem almost kind of like it was a hit or something.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure. Maybe it's two different things, but the one I saw one.
Speaker 3: There's no way it happened twice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, it happens, for sure. It happens more than twice every day in the same night, every day, every day. It's America. America got four hundred people yet as much as in East Hollywood. Yes, yes, I believe that people crash into plow for some funs.
Speaker 1: I believe that's happening way more. But but that's not the point. I don't want to get caught there. That wasn't the point that okay, and they snatched the person out, whooped his ass whatever, shotting whatever.
Speaker 2: Pun is saying.
Speaker 1: Man, you know, it's way worse now than we ever went out. And I was thinking about the ship we used to do. We used to go out, and I noticed when you get old, all you start doing is being cynical of shit, you know.
Speaker 2: And it's like for him to say that, and I'm thinking, like, nigga, all the bullshit that used to happen, and really, it wasn't that much shit happening. What is it about getting old and cynical? Especially with this damn phone. This phone will have you thinking you see some shit. You'll be looking at your phone. You yeah.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: The cruises, man, the nigga's on their They just danced on Nigga. That ain't on all the damn cruise. That song is very select few of them cruise.
Speaker 5: I went on a carnival cruise, bro, and it ain't that bad.
Speaker 2: We have their boots on the ground.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that song was out at the time when I went. But uh, it probably had one of them moments.
Speaker 3: But where did what city? Did your cruise leave out?
Speaker 5: Him? Long Beach to Ensinnata, the Long Beach to Sonato?
Speaker 3: Now look this port, Huh, you gotta leave out of this port because you hicked people up from both ports doing uber shit. Yeah, this port, that's a whole different party.
Speaker 4: Right, But if your algorithm, right, is all these type of things, then that becomes your.
Speaker 3: World for sure. They prioritize that.
Speaker 5: So if you, if you're watching you, I would.
Speaker 3: Think women were in shape. If it's if I, if I believe.
Speaker 5: The time, you go, now you go, now you go. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So if that's your argue and that's your life and you seeing all these it's like watching the news, like the news always got something just something trying, you know, just it's tragedy. So yo, if your algorithm is all these things, they look like, man, this is what the world is. The world is messed up, and it's like, bro, there's a you can switch your algorithm and you don't see none of that.
Speaker 5: Like my wife don't see a lot of shit.
Speaker 4: Sure she I didn't see that I didn't know that because she on the whole nother side of the world.
Speaker 2: All these different rabbit.
Speaker 4: Holes, and then you go down a rabbit hole and it becomes like, oh man, it's just all bad.
Speaker 5: It's like bro now.
Speaker 1: And that's my point, Like I don't think I'm getting old like the Homies is because I don't look and think nothing is really different, you know what I mean. I don't be like, oh man, it's different now the way and I'm like, no, it's not like that.
Speaker 2: People spend so much time trying to convince me things are different.
Speaker 1: I remember ten years ago people was telling me about hip hopping was you know, still was telling me, oh man, you know you're getting older.
Speaker 2: I'm like, check this out.
Speaker 1: You either got it that you don't got it, like the Clips album, right, and Malice said the same thing. You either got it that you don't got it. Age was never a hindrance. That was something people made up in their mind and they started to tell.
Speaker 2: Other people that.
Speaker 5: There you go, people.
Speaker 1: Let that become the truth. And it's just like with these carnival cruises. Don't get me wrong. If you go on the cruise that's a weekend, you probably gonna get a lot of people scared of being on a cruise, and those people may be more festive and more partying, because if you're on a cruise for seven eight days, you not even hanging out doing all that all the time. Like that's a lot of work. Lord knows, a fourteen day cruise if your goal was to get away from let's say, for lack of terms, black people, just go on the cruise.
Speaker 2: That's fourteen days.
Speaker 1: One thing you could bet niggas ain't doing is being on no crew for no fourteen fucking days.
Speaker 5: Anyone else they're not doing. They're not going during the week.
Speaker 4: So I went during the week, and I think my last day may have been like a Friday, right or Saturday, I don't know.
Speaker 5: But people are going to cruises like on the week, the weekend off. Yeah, Like I'm figuring we got a couple of days are.
Speaker 3: We going on a cruise's finish grabbing them girls and wanna take this little girl on the boat and knocker down.
Speaker 4: For yeah, and honestly, man vacation in his tiring Yeah, I hate it, Like it ain't like when I went to Mexico for like seven days. I'm like Wednesday hit. I'm like, I want to go home.
Speaker 5: You feel me. I'm over it.
Speaker 3: That's the number one issue. Like every girl in the world wants to ask me, where do you want to travel to?
Speaker 5: Don't know?
Speaker 3: I want to go nowhere? Never like aside from the fact it's the biggest pain in the ass of all time for what it's worth it cost him. If I wouldn't want to go for fucking free, you want me to pay thousands dollars. No, not happening.
Speaker 5: You're gonna eat and sleep.
Speaker 3: Oh, sip my pool off cocktails.
Speaker 2: Oh that's really I was.
Speaker 4: I was drinking liquor at six am in the pool. I love swimming pool, so I'm fit to go. It's six am, I'm in the pool like that. Fuck you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: That's it right, But I just don't get what is it about growing up that makes people more cynical.
Speaker 3: I think when you're older you could there are two things you start to see, what like the mistakes you know, and the ramifications, because when you're doing it, there's no ramification recons have afterwards. And also it's like you start to look at it as this, you know, this is shit. I'm gonna have to in kind pay for some way or another.
Speaker 5: You know, like.
Speaker 3: Guys go out party and get drunk and plow through three cars and kill three people, and all State has to write a ten million dollar check. Fuck my car insurance is going to go up now because this fucking idiot or whatever the hell it is.
Speaker 1: You know, even when I talk to homies about gang banging Pete, it'd be like, man, you know, back in the day, you know, and usual to be snitching a snitch, would you know there'd be consequences.
Speaker 2: That's not true.
Speaker 1: Back in the day, people would snitch and they would move off to Apple Valley, you know what I mean. That would be like the last honorable thing they would do. Nobody had to kick their ass. They knew not to show their face. It's not like today. It's not like today is different. Like Gunna is not hanging out in nobodyhood. He not hanging out with friends and shit. He is a businessman. So it's not like it would be different. Time is not changing the way people think it is, you know what I mean. I think this whole the way things used to be is a bit overstated.
Speaker 2: It's actually kind.
Speaker 4: Of It's really easy to say. And then you got people studying niggas who hate the streets. They getting all the information from people who hate the streets, so they telling them what the streets is. The dudes who don't even be in the streets, and they're getting money off hating the streets on the Internet, and they get all the information from them. People just be peak shit so they can add something to say too. That's another thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And there's the controversy sales component. If you're inflammatory, people are gonna repost you or comment on your shit. Ten million ten million fuck you's is worth more than zero fuck yous or one I love you?
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: And in the digital world, what's the biggest fear for you? Peak? Getting older?
Speaker 3: Getting older, having to do this shit for another fifty fucking years, not the podcast by Daily.
Speaker 5: Life, Living Living.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, forty more years of this Christ.
Speaker 2: What's the biggest what's the biggest feeling for you getting older?
Speaker 4: West Side and honestly, man, losing people you love that shit Sometimes I think about that. That shit be scary.
Speaker 2: Do you have a goal out live niggas? Like my goal is to outlive niggas.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I ever looked at it as a goal, but I definitely find myself at the age and that like I'm convinced like I'm getting old, Like I'm getting older. You feel me. I feel it. I see it like you say, people around you, you know, people getting sick. Shit, I get sick. You know when I that car accident that I was just in, That shit kind of tricked me out.
Speaker 5: You feel me because it was like I had no control.
Speaker 4: So I'm like, like, damn man, like shit real.
Speaker 5: You feel me.
Speaker 4: And I find myself sometimes trying to move in a way where at all, at all, at all costs, I'm straight.
Speaker 1: I was telling Spade Spade from and Holmie Boy from Tray Tray and Denver. Like we at that age to where now getting shot is not the only way to die, you know what I mean, Like in your twenties where we come from, Pete, that's how you die.
Speaker 2: You get shot. Yeah, rarely, you might get in the crash and then you usually live through that. But we at the age.
Speaker 1: Now where they could just have hot blood plus and have a heart attack. You just getting to that age where multiple shit feel like it take you out.
Speaker 4: Think about shit like that too, you know what I mean immediately you'd be like, damn nigga, way hold up, you feel me?
Speaker 1: But I ain't gonna lie to you the fear that I have about getting older. I'm more excited about the challenges of it all. Like I'm more excited about mastering me. Like I find myself being like my dad a lot of times where I don't got time now to kiss your ass. I'm gonna tell you what I think, Like, I'm not finna if we're not friends behind it, that's cool too, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: But huh, I admire that about elders.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just to that place now where I'm like, look, man, this is what it is. This is why I'm at with it. This is why I'm at with it. But I just noticed that that was happening, and like so just like when I fall down those rabbit holes, like I could walk up and be like, man, niggas is selling out every day. I still understand that this is this small, niche group of weird ass content creators that's trying to get the the the likes from people who really just don't like black people, like and I'm talking about it's bad.
Speaker 2: I saw a little black girl.
Speaker 1: And she was like, you know something something black culture, And I kept being like, I've been asking for a while, Pete, what the fuck is black culture? Like, asshole? Some asshole came and said, you know a street shootings. I'm like, man, I component it was shooting motherfuckers in the streets in the seventeen nineteen, seventeen, nineteen twenty in La, the white fences and the maut of Vias was shooting each other in the thirties and forties. That was before Brothers even had a cripple a blood game. So I just can't identify as black culture. Like I get the thought of it. I think what we call soul food is more American slave culture. But it is a lot of black people that did not grow up eating soul food. I mean, it's not necessarily And the more I think about it, even down these rabbit holes. And here's another thing about growing up again, the same thing. Why I'm just telling people what I think it's like. If you are, are you a proud American?
Speaker 2: Peak?
Speaker 3: I guess in the way you're asking, sure, I mean enough, I've never individual.
Speaker 1: I never in my life heard you call yourself a proud white American, Like, I'm watching brothers get to a place where I think they're trying to adjust their mind and they're trying to come to times with circumstances in this country and they're trying to find some level of pride and a connection to it, which is weird to me because I do not connect to the country. I connect to people, right, I connect to Peter. I am not connecting to the idea.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So even is the word we, everyone's they to me, like like white people are they?
Speaker 6: There's me and there's everyone else in facts, right, But I've said people say that to me, they'd be like, oh, Glass, you know, They'll say, like, I'm a proud black American.
Speaker 1: I'm like, well, if you're a proud black American, why put black in it? That's what I don't get.
Speaker 3: I think I would be more interested in inquiring why put American in it? In a lot of the census only only in the sense that it's like the American experience of a person who is black, But it's I would think if you were if you were like legitimately we're saying that to somebody of a certain worldview, or why are you you know, cars of a black American or whatever. It's probably more the black part than the American part, in which that they take pride, at least in a lot of the contexts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but those two are conflating ideas being black an American, right because historically how America has been towards black people. That's why I don't say I'm a black American unless I'm speaking legally in another country, and then I'll just say I'm American. I wouldn't tell they could obviously see my black ass, so I don't need to say I'm black American. So even when I'm in a country, it really wouldn't make no sense to me to reference yourself as a proud black American. To even call yourself a black American and then have an American flag kind of don't make no sense. Why not just be American?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't think people be doing. They not as studied as you.
Speaker 4: Even if what you're saying, that concept right is pretty much simple and obvious, right, Well, most people ain't really looking at it that deep.
Speaker 5: Basal, like I'm black and I'm Americans, so I'm proud black.
Speaker 4: Then then it turned into semantics, and then it'll just be one of them conversations where you'd be like, why the fuck am I even talking to this person at this point?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I think if you're going to go go you know what I'm saying, Like, what's this half go?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: If you really going to get to that place right, if you're going to get to that place right where you're like, I'm taking on the identity of this country. I'm not tripping about what happened to my ancestors. I'm not tripping off what this country has systemically did to people that look like me for years. I'm gonna find pride. The first thing you should shed is the concept of being black to me, you know what I mean, because being black is more of a question mark. It's more of an x like you're not quite sure of what you are. Because you'll never hear a Nigerian person have to reference themselves as black. They are Nigerian, they whatever, try them.
Speaker 2: One thing they don't got to do is tell you that they are black.
Speaker 1: They are certainly you know this, so even the concept of it doesn't make sense. And and that's what I'm starting to get as I get older, bro. Whereas like I don't got time Joey for silly shit. All the silly shit, bro is driving me crazy because it'd be like, shut the fuck up the fuck.
Speaker 4: Call you mean and start saying like, man, you always got a mean and you always got.
Speaker 2: White about that ship.
Speaker 1: I'm like, God, if you are a native American, stop saying you're black.
Speaker 2: Man, Why can't be black?
Speaker 1: You can't be at all, brother, You can't if you are if you're convincing, if you're trying to vinced me that your family did not come from no slave ship, which is possible because there were people here that looked like us Joey way.
Speaker 2: Before the slaveship.
Speaker 1: Yes, they came over before cool and then the Great Migration seventy thousand years ago people that migrated away over here even though they look different because they didne came a long way walking and generation on top of generation they were here. But what are you holding on to by being black? Like, why are you trying to connect with motherfucker? It's weird because they try to connect with motherfuckers that they ain't trying to connect with. And this is the problem with getting older. The problem with getting older is you just have less patience for this, for the just silly.
Speaker 5: Shit no, you do you do?
Speaker 1: God, I don't have no patience for it. And most of the time I just don't say shit.
Speaker 4: It's better, that's the that's the easiest thing to do, man, because saying something sometimes is come, yeah, come with a lot of other shit. That's like, damn, man, I why why did I even say anything? The person ain't pretty roight each that damn words out. It's rare when someone trying to have a genuine conversation about something about those things, when y'all really trained information.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. I found myself.
Speaker 4: Most of the time people try to prove that they know something that they may not have ever read about.
Speaker 5: They just regurgitating some shit.
Speaker 4: They they regurgitating hearsay, even saying it with confidence.
Speaker 1: Even then they don't think about it. Even then they don't think about what they heard. My problem is it becomes they hear something, write or down, that's it. They don't even like when Pete tell me something like, I'll think about it for time. I think about it, like Pete, me and Pete was talking about Like Pete is more to me of a historian than me, where he understands how human beings did things like we've talked about how humans migrated no different than birds flying different places were food at or buffalo's went to certain places where ward elephants migrate the water during times of years, like humans kind of try to notch theyselfs into the ground all the time, right, your goal is to kind of notch yourself into the ground, like right into this house.
Speaker 2: You want to live right here for the rest of your life.
Speaker 1: When everything about nature says most things move they move for, you know, opportunity, whether it's opportunity to eat, opportunity to drink water, opportunity to hunt. Whatever other mammals and birds and shit move for. They move for opportunity. But we don't humans, especially black folk, you know. And I get we've been through a lot, so I ain't want to pick on it. I'm just saying I was telling Pete this same thing about Detroit, and I noticed I told a lot of people.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yo, we could.
Speaker 1: Really we'd have to be visionaries about what's happening could happen in Detroit, but we want to be there first. We should really be trying to get in there, because that's how like people favorite buzzwords generational wealth, you need to be ahead of a curve for that to kind of happen nine times out of teen.
Speaker 2: Is that fair peak to say, yeah, I got it?
Speaker 3: A whole lot you know of thoughts on that. Yeah, And I I'm not so sure historically that and it's not that long of a history if you were to talk like post emancipation. But Black people move around a lot. I feel like it's like our generation of people decided we're too good to move around. There's a lot of other previous generations were more than willing to move around and around it. Yeah, if you want to move around, I'm not gonna say no. However, people are stat every Black America say are stagnant.
Speaker 2: They're not.
Speaker 3: They're dynamic. They're They're probably less so than you know, maybe other groups. But the twentieth century they probably moved the most. They probably moved the most in the twentieth century of all groups.
Speaker 2: Sure, So.
Speaker 5: I don't know fly in other places that. Yeah, I mean you look at the t Show.
Speaker 3: Those people weren't all in Detroit in eighteen ninety at.
Speaker 2: All, and they show got the fuck up out of there too.
Speaker 3: They got in and they got out.
Speaker 1: To me, to me, I want to be wherever white people l ain't at first no more, because when white people come, their money comes. That's that's starting to become my thing. I don't really care about money enough outside of the tool to handle my business, but I really feel like the goal is to be like I noticed, that's been the.
Speaker 2: Story of my life.
Speaker 1: My mom right when she first bought her house when I was five four years old, she bought her house in Compton in the Riskling farms.
Speaker 2: Right. My dad and my mom broke up when I was about seven six or seven. My dad bought his.
Speaker 1: House and watch you could buy property in those neighborhoods. My mom house was probably one hundred and ten thousand back then, which was really expensive. My dad house was about eighty thousand. But even growing up in the nineties and the late nineties, you can get a property one hundred and seventeenth Street and watch for like seventy eighty thousand. Still that same property is four hundred and some thousand, fine some thousand dollars. And I'm like everywhere I've been when other people come in, like nothing happened in Compton to me that I saw that many people decide to come in but when they.
Speaker 2: Came in, everything went up. It could be the fact that I've been saying for a while. I think, honestly, the people migrating here from Mexico. You know, whether it's you know, against.
Speaker 1: The rules or with the rules, is what's driving house properties up in California. I do think it's more money. People come in for more money coming into California from around the world, and money's around.
Speaker 3: The way California. Huh, the money's leaving California. There's more money leaving California than come in.
Speaker 1: Okay, So then what's driving the property Pete? And why is Joey trying to buy house and he's competing with seven fucking people to buy a house.
Speaker 3: A few things happened. There's virtually no building happening in California, so as so that's pretty true. It just gets worse and worse and worse. But also interest rates moved up, so now you can't sell. So like, if you had a five hundred thousand dollars house out of two point eight, you're not going to sell that house and then go move somewhere else and carry a note at a six point eight. You know you're affordability gets crushed. So inventories are very very low. So it's reflective of a much smaller manipulated marketplace and opposed to like the totality of the marketplace.
Speaker 2: So it's not as many houses for sales.
Speaker 3: It looks like absolutely and like they're like yeah, and prices are coming down some, but it's a very constrained inventory.
Speaker 5: Mm hm.
Speaker 3: So you get these weird bidding wars.
Speaker 2: So why are you leaving?
Speaker 3: Why are I mean.
Speaker 6: Cost people say it's cheap everywhere else.
Speaker 3: So I mean Elon Musk pulled multiple companies out of California. He could afford it, just the regulatory environment, the taxes. All the rest of people are like, screw it, I'm out.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I hear people saying I retired here, I'm gonna retire somewhere else. When I retire, I'm going.
Speaker 5: To the South. I'm going you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that there's like if you step back and look at the broader mark, you can kind of determine usually like if you were to get like say, beat white money to the punch at a certain spot, I narrowly missed getting into places just ahead of big pops like twenty twenty one Memphis really prices that's up a lot. Now, Saint Louis up a lot, now has moved a lot. And you can see it in like the cap rate of listings for like say multifamilies. If you see shit, it's like fourteen fifteen percent cap rate, that's really high. That means that the price of the property is really really low. So you find an area where you see a lot of double digital cap rates in one general couple zip codes or one city or one metro. You get in there unless it's a really like weird scenario or a very like rural environment. But you get to a big chunk of population where those numbers start to skew and you can go, Okay, equilibrium's here. It should be at eight percent. This is at twelve percent. I means the price is below equilibrium. People will go in and buy that opportunity or just to pull it back up to zero because it's in the negatives.
Speaker 1: So if the inventory is lowland Catalifornia and it's uber competitive, then how does California fall apart?
Speaker 3: Because like fall apart? In what sense I was.
Speaker 1: To project it? What's to project it from?
Speaker 2: From? From things you've been studying what happens to California.
Speaker 3: Moving forward. There there's budgetary problems now that shows up. It's really badly run.
Speaker 5: So even like a.
Speaker 3: Dollar in California, California schools, like California's public schools are really bad. There's some districts that do really, really, really really well, but.
Speaker 2: They're usually white people in the money yet sure, yeah.
Speaker 3: But by and large it's like in the bottom five of states, which is absurd. So they just they pump more money into stuff and they just steal the money. I'm perfectly blunt. They don't put it to work. I mean, the biggest scam in California is we need to give more money to the schools for the kids. They're just giving it to the administrators and the pensions.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: They just take the money.
Speaker 1: So what happens to California Then if it's a bad business idea, what happens to this business?
Speaker 3: If it continues in the trajectory there's on, then you start to see real issues with state municipal bonds like Chicago had that happened. Chicago's bad that runs the city. They had a bond crisis, so you have a harder time raising money, so you start just having to make cuts and concessions, so your public services get reduced. You don't have the tax revenue, so you can't just rely on that, so you have to go raise bond measures. Your bond ratings go down, so it becomes harder to do that, so you start running out of money, and I don't know how that manifests. In a state like California. You can start to see parts of Los Angeles annex themselves out of Los Angeles. Like if Pacific Palisades, for example, didn't burn down and LA's shit issues starting getting worse and worse and no horses, you coun see a place like Pacific Palsies and annex itself right out of the city, become its own city. You see like areas in the l and Empire that are like have removed themselves from the city of Riverside, like like Rubideaux or something like that, or East Vale, like those styles places.
Speaker 2: They go from being neighborhoods into cities with mayors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it could manifest in a lot of ways. You just start to see businesses leaving jobs leave. One interesting stat I saw since the pandemic, seventy percent of jobs created in the state of California are below national median income, not state median income. State median income historically in California is way higher than national median income. Competing against the Arkansas and Oklahoma's of the world, it's below that.
Speaker 2: So here's the thing.
Speaker 1: I don't know if people's personal money is leaving as much people business money is leaving.
Speaker 2: You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like people, it's both residences here, but they take corporation somewhere else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's what it's starting to feel like that happens, But they also take their residence. They're legal residents somewhere else. You can be like my parents, and I'm going to spend seven months out of state in five months in state, and I'm not gonna pay California state income tax at thirteen eight point six percent or whatever it is. I'm gonna pay Idaho state income taxes six point five and California gets zero. They don't even get six point five. It just get zero.
Speaker 2: Because you stay somewhere else for seven months. And how it works.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a famous picture. I thought, not that famous. I liked the picture you that Portnoy guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean he's arguing with Kanye.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he moves to Florida from New York. And you know the old picture with Wilt Chamberlain of the number one hundred, you know, black and white. He took a similar picture holding up the number one hundred and eighty three. That's one day more than fifty percent of your time in the state of Florida. He didn't have New York taxes. That's the magic number?
Speaker 5: Is that?
Speaker 2: Wow? So that's what white people do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like it's a dude I work with man like he do a lot is business or like registered cars, oh, like in Arizona and shit like here, he don't do nothing in California.
Speaker 3: I think U Haul's entire fleets got Arizona license places.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like this is information they be having. They know these things and they take advantage of it and they do it. Most people don't know know this stuff. I for show what you know where and they.
Speaker 5: Just do it. Where's that? Where can I go? Do that? Act down the street? Like okay, I'm on my way, so place right?
Speaker 2: So what's the Michigan state taxis pete?
Speaker 3: Oh, Michigan's not that tax friendly. It's not bad like California, but I don't think it's that great. And I'm some states have like like Washington has a little bit of income tax, they don't have sales tax, I believe, or Organ's like maybe one of the two. Oregon might have no sales tax at Vegas has no state income tax state Nevada, so it depends. I mean, like you'll see people who something that is like a really expensive car with a really random license plate. Somebody deliberately bought that car in that state to avoid sales tax on the car.
Speaker 1: Right, Michigan has a flat individual income tax rate of four point two five percent.
Speaker 3: That's pretty low.
Speaker 1: This rate applies to all residents, regardless of income level or filing status. Michigan also has a flat corporate income tax rate of six percent, So that means I can go live in Michigan for one hundred and eighty three days and then spend the rest of my time in California and don't have to pay California.
Speaker 2: Is it's kind of expensive, too real expensive? Yeah, California state to hold on.
Speaker 3: I think it's like it's tiered, but the top tier I want to say it's thirteen six ish yep, something around there in California, Florid, Florida. Y, I'm in Florida. We got zero tax here.
Speaker 1: Oh it's it's Oh, there's an additional one percent mental health services tax on taxable income over one million, making the top marginal rate effectively thirteen point three percent.
Speaker 3: More three Okay, there's that in California has high sales tax too, And.
Speaker 2: I know it's like in all the rest, like where I'm at, it is like eleven percent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's high. That's fucking high.
Speaker 2: So there's not at all a giver day, is it? Is it really to deal with the population?
Speaker 3: What they They just take the fucking money?
Speaker 5: Me do all? They won't.
Speaker 3: Their employees get paid a bunch. They're pensioned out the ass. They can't even afford that. They can't even keep those books clean. They just take the fucking money. They hire tons of people. The unions get a percentage of all the amount of money that that's the California circle drink. You have government employees, they're part of a union. The union gobbles up a percentage of all their money. They store the money. The more employees they get, the more money they get. They take some of that money and they go buy state senators, you know, like like we buy French fries to make sure that and they pay for commercial but a new proposition comes up or whatever the hell to raise more money, to hire more people, to raise more salaries, to raise more retirement benefits or Christ knows what. And they get a percentage of all of that money and they just spend it on influence to get more money, to spend more money, to cost more money, to take more money to get more It's this a circle.
Speaker 5: So he's got so got the own ecosystem and a ball.
Speaker 1: So then why aren't we selling shit to the state of California? If they got the money to pay.
Speaker 3: Get a contract, don't go get a road cones contract. You ever noticed, like on a freeway when they're fixing a pothole, there's seventeen hundred cones for five miles. I found out from a congressman who was talking to me. The thing that I went to in uh Vegas last year, I was the one before in Memphis. It goes different cities each year. The special this is not this isn't bullshit. A former congressman was at a at a cigar thing. I'm sitting there talking to him. He called it the highway industrial complex, like the military industrial complex. You get guys they donate to campaigns, they own a warehouse full of cones. They get a contract to go set up cones and they charge per cone. So the more cones they set up, the more money they get.
Speaker 5: And for daily rates and got a cone their house.
Speaker 3: They say, what we're doing one lane for fifty yards on the sixty East on Tuesday night from midnight to four am. Okay, Well you have to rent the cones for the whole day for eight months when you work for ninety minutes a week and jerk off all the time, and the Caltrans will get their money. The cone guy gets his money because he's blocked off that lane from Pomona all the goddamn way to Marino Valley to work on a pothole. And he made seventeen million dollars that year renting out goddamn cones. Welcome to California.
Speaker 2: Oh man, how do you think about that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: AVP, you gotta tell me, because listen, one thing I know how to do is hustle. Like I just it just hit me today, right, I had to replace the battery in Mi Camaro right, told you.
Speaker 3: To get the authority energy grants for the electric cars.
Speaker 2: You know, we need to get on Squizy, we need to get on Squeze. We need that those are on.
Speaker 3: The money's gone now, oh yeah, but there will be new ones.
Speaker 1: So then so at this point, then the business in California is not the people.
Speaker 2: The people.
Speaker 1: The business in California is California to state the Los Angeless city.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh yeah, California is like one of those eurotrash cities that is like a pseudo economy. Now there's a handful. Like you take Silicon Valley out of California, it collapses in the Cuba in a week.
Speaker 5: You have, like.
Speaker 3: That's the heart where most of the money comes from. Like you, California's got like a four trillion dollar GDP. I mean fuck half of that's like it's six addresses.
Speaker 2: So so Hollywood, So Hollywood is gone there.
Speaker 3: That's always been pinions of money. Hollywood as an industry doesn't do like what Google does. Let alone, like Google in video, Apple, all these companies are all up there. So they pay for everything essentially, and you know, vaguely exaggerating obviously, but like the normal man's economy in California has worked for the government.
Speaker 1: Wow, so what all these people the goal is still to work for the government.
Speaker 3: They're not paying your money unless you're you know who's specialized surgeon, lawyer, tech whatever, real estate agent in the right place to work for the government because they are overpaying everybody, and they're over hiring and all the rest of it.
Speaker 1: So okay, So in a state like this, that's the goal, right, Well, what's the goal in a place like Michigan, like Detroit? You got the people? Do you do at that point? Is it the people you kind of doing business with, because they obviously they Detroit, the city or Michigan don't have the money that the state of California does. So in Michigan, it would have to be the opposite, right, it would have to be the people.
Speaker 3: They're in a tough spot because they kind of have a little bit of neither. So they get federal backing stuff, they do pull some money together. They've created some initiatives to get some growth, and Detroit's done decently well, like they've regenerated, see from where they started it, from where they when it was at the very bottom. Yeah, so you can find some of that I don't know if their economy can stand on its own two feet right now though, So that you kind of just have to be precise out there.
Speaker 2: You know, can't go out there and just flop your arms. Not someone. Why are you going set your target and then just lock in?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So what type of people should move to Michigan?
Speaker 3: Probably landlords if you have some money and you can buy, you know, assets down there that are way below value. Like if you were like a con tractor yourself, Like if you could go get a crew together and redo a small building or a for plex or something like that in Detroit, you could buy something for nothing, have your team redo it, either sell it or rent it out or whatever you know, and make a killing.
Speaker 2: M versus California. Okay, how about this? What about Texas?
Speaker 1: Texas is in the middle, right because Texas the state don't have as much money as the state of California, even though they have the land mass without the same population. The population of Texas is less than the population in California, but it's more land masks. But it's probably in the middle of what Michigan is and what California is.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: So a little bit about Michigan is like in the middle of California. And you know, I'm sorry, Texas is in the middle of California and Michigan. No, sorry, damn it. Michigan's in the middle California.
Speaker 2: Texas is all people. Then, yeah, it's all private help is in human in the people.
Speaker 3: Because even even Texas, like they have no state income tax, they run a pretty tight ship. Like Florida has a various.
Speaker 1: Limited people is keeping their money. So the people have their money. They're not paying a ton of money for the property they you know, they're not spending a bunch of money with taxes. So Texas and state is doing decent, but the people are doing well versus California. The state of California is doing well, but the people are doing regular. And then a place like Michigan is in the middle.
Speaker 3: Where huh, no one's quite so much doing well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody's just making do Yeah. So a place like Texas is the type of place you go to open up a business for people. Yeah, in California, the type of place where you create a business to sell to the state, all because the state taking all everybody money exactly, So you got.
Speaker 3: To you gotta figure out a way to.
Speaker 2: You know, California, Los Angeles need you for something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you got it's it's it's about relationships, quote unquote. So you've got to find a way to get those grants to get and get those bids, you know, like a non compete bid is like the dream, you know, like Caltrans is a is a private company. They have a virtual monopoly on roadwork. I thought they were a government agency. I didn't know they were a company until five six years ago.
Speaker 2: See, this type of stuff is interesting. Now we get in somewhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go go find some sort of initiative to I mean there's a lot of beat to ship rows in the city of Compton. Be like, hey, look, you're causing the people of Compton. You know, on average like six hundred dollars per year more per driver on suspension and tires or whatever else.
Speaker 1: So what we're saying is we could start a business, a black owned business and that because I know California loves to pay on ship like black people, you know, ship that makes them look good. Sure, and create a company that's that specializes in the ghetto of fixing the road. And then you charge the city and the state for fixing the roads because they never get to it. They have the money, Compton even has the money.
Speaker 3: LA, the city of fucking Los Angeles, which has more money than they can count, and that's what you pay your car registration for. LA had to pass a prop and it's an issue, a sales tax add on it to fix potholes, even though that's like in their.
Speaker 2: Budget already.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's already supposed to be done and it's still not fixed.
Speaker 5: No, they don't get shipped.
Speaker 1: Oh how do we guilt them into funding our business to fix it?
Speaker 3: Just create some popular demand and say I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna demand there. Everybody shit fucked up, but.
Speaker 3: People need to they need to hear it.
Speaker 1: They've all been talking about they've all been talking about how fucked up it is.
Speaker 2: How do we get in front?
Speaker 5: Okay, that's how community on Facebook.
Speaker 3: Don't organize an event at you know, by the Compton Courthouse in the city Hall, there's that big courtyardy kind of area thing. Go organize a big event saying we want to give glasses, asphalt LLC grants or you don't even do that to say we want to fix. Have all them out there saying we fix our roads, fix our roads. What do we want to fix now? What do you want to fix our roads? And have them out there? And then you just go in and say, boy, you saw all those people yesterday. You know it's funny. I gotta aligne for an asphalt distributor. Why don't you guys give me a grapt for next year of those potholes. You don't have to worry all those people anymore.
Speaker 2: So that's how you do that.
Speaker 4: You can't just complain about it. You gotta really go out there as a connective.
Speaker 1: I canze I can organize five hundred to one thousand people coming out there for that.
Speaker 2: Like people is mad about they fucking like.
Speaker 1: I was there last month and I'm like, bro, I couldn't drive my lowrider down Wilmington.
Speaker 5: Now, yeah, it's disrespectful. How bad she is.
Speaker 3: There's a place, God bless them. This is how bad. Like I've been there twenty times from all my driving all those shitty rental cars Normandy and Fountain twenty four hour tip place in East Hollywood. I was there weekly getting tires replaced, to the point where they do so much midnight business. A taco guy shows up at three am on Frids and Saturdays.
Speaker 1: There used to be twenty four hours, a couple of those type places like that. So California is the type of place you build a business to charge a system. Texas is the place you build a business to charge the people in Detroit.
Speaker 2: You just got to have your vision before you get there.
Speaker 3: You gotta figure Yeah, you gotta figure out which one you can do. But you just got to like aim small and this small kind of thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you gotta study it. Scene and they execute for sure.
Speaker 1: So Florida falls closer to Texas very much. So, so you just need a business for people and you'll to make out fine.
Speaker 2: California is closer to New York.
Speaker 1: Very Yeah, where if you could solve the systems problems, which is crazy because they genuinely just don't want to solve their problems.
Speaker 2: So then you have those out of business.
Speaker 3: Huh, put the cells out of business.
Speaker 1: So how do we trigger? Okay, I launched glasses as fault just to fix the potholes and compton.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just starting all those small to seven to ten quarter If you try to throw your way around La City Hall, it's too big, too big, too dispersed. Hit your compton, your Lynnwood's your cut of Heez or South Gates, all that kind of shit, those little towns, Bell, Bell Gardens.
Speaker 1: But how do we force them to give me the money beside making a backdoor deal. Yeah, well, because it's a reason they not fixing the damn potholes.
Speaker 3: Sure they don't a lot of those seas they don't have any freaking money. So, like, what you would have to do is you have to play both sides of it. The next time that there's a lot cool election or something where people are voting, you have to start a proposition, get people to sign the proposition, get enough signatures to get the prop on the ballot for the city. Would be it a bond measure or however that works, funding for whatever, how the different missions positive rules, say we want a million dollars over the next two years to potholes because the roads are destroyed and you won't fix them. And I got all these things, and people will vote for him. They vote yes for it. Since you put the prop together, you're you know you need to be as you're doing that, dealing with the city council people saying you aren't doing this. I'm doing it and I and we're going to have another prop another, or another or another until we have a prop that says you guys are getting impeached from the city council, like some Newport Beach has a weird city council thing with the like it's like always the same people to just keep rotating positions throughout the city council. Somebody got in charge of the mayor job, like however many years ago and just blew the budget wide open. Well, that didn't sit well with the people who weren't don't like that shit. They nixed like the whole fucking city council. They did like a special election thing and they just ran them all right the fuck out. So if you create push, you know, at the end of the day is people just want votes. So you can either the common thing, particularly for California politics, say you're gonna get you don't have to do it, just say you're gonna give people free stuff, or you're in the process of giving them free shit and buy their votes, or you can grassroots it and threaten to take their votes from them unless blank happens.
Speaker 1: Okay, but before I get that far, how do I do something as simple as go fix make the city of Compton because they have to have the money.
Speaker 2: They touched the ship out of the people. I don't know.
Speaker 3: They take it off. I don't know what what Compton's budget looks like.
Speaker 2: See if I can pull this up, how do we make one t in?
Speaker 5: They just it's a some in consider it so were it ain't my problem. I don't live in.
Speaker 2: I don't want to believe.
Speaker 1: Look, I know that's the coinsistential thought of white people, but I do not want to believe.
Speaker 2: The system is that raggedy. It could be true.
Speaker 4: Obviously it is, yeah, because I'm saying like it's it's like it should be a simple fix.
Speaker 2: But that's why we should one ten. That's how we could launch the album A Man.
Speaker 5: See and get these piles fixed. We want to drive on them.
Speaker 4: We want to drive on the streets, and we pay a lot, and then the cars we try to drive cost money.
Speaker 3: Here's a hard from twenty nineteen. City of Compton's still facing drastic budget shortfall. City of Compton for the twenty twenty fiscal years thirty four million dollars short of their budget.
Speaker 2: Can we can we? Okay?
Speaker 5: Could that be true?
Speaker 3: And I know that they have to have problems with their budget. That's why there's no City of Compton PD ultimately, and why they have County Fire Department all the other shit because they it's cheaper for them to intermingle the money and get built.
Speaker 1: City like Compton be that broke. Is it just a mismanagement of funds because they taxing the shit out of people?
Speaker 3: It is a lot.
Speaker 2: Let me wrong. I've seen them make moves.
Speaker 1: They took the factories away, right, they made that Rancho Dominguez right, They drew certain lines purposely bad.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 3: That doesn't help. And I'll guarantee you the city didn't kick the factories out. The factories, sure they might. They took they ball and went on, Yeah, we're gonna make this money. Why needna let you niggas get this money? We gonna put it over here to where nobody could use it. Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: See that's what I'm saying. How do we make this the damn thing? How do I This is why I'm asking because this is the type of marketing. This is the type of marketing my my rap group one ten needs like, right, we got this whole custom culture stuff about cars. Imagine if we fix the potholes and Compton.
Speaker 2: Yeah that I said, fuck it up.
Speaker 5: And go there. We go city to city ship.
Speaker 3: Or you could do the opposite and buy a bunch of cheap land somewhere and incorporate it into your own city and do like Vernon and Irwindale and have a tiny population with a city that's all industrial and give them like no headaches at all. Just say, just do businesses the ever want to do. The city permitting system is gonna be the easiest thing you've ever seen in your life.
Speaker 5: I ain't never seen a house in Erwindale now that I think about it, I ain't even see the.
Speaker 2: House and Vernony houses, but it is really small.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you know what I mean, like commerce, Like they got one one area, you know what I'm saying, And these are the houses that everything else is just.
Speaker 5: Shit tires, shops faster.
Speaker 1: I just got to figure out how do we this is See, this is why you need a white man on your team, bro, because he will tell us how white people do the ship.
Speaker 2: Because right now here's a great problem.
Speaker 1: There's a rap group that focuses on custom culture like cars. And then Compton, the place that I grew up in that that were all close to it we hold near and deer in hip hop. There's potholes in the road where people can't even cruise their ca like even regular people.
Speaker 2: It's just horrible.
Speaker 4: Imagine you're on hydraulics the roads and can't afford to fix the cars over and over again, like I ain't got.
Speaker 1: But imagine if we, if one ten can solve the problem of Compton, that probably could be a lot bigger.
Speaker 3: I don't disagree, but how.
Speaker 2: The fuck do we make them pay us to fix the fucking roads.
Speaker 3: That is going to be tough. You would literally have to You're gonna have to get your own proposition or bond measure for sure, because they're not gonna put that into their budget. If they're still tens of million dollars of tens of millions of dollars short on budget, they're not gonna like throw out a few million. Because I'll also think about something like potholes. There's no incentive for them to fix potholes. It pulls money out of other shit in their budget that they want for themselves. And if you're getting tires and shocks and all the rest of it done, you're probably getting it done in Compton. That's more tax revenue for them.
Speaker 2: The people need to roll fix.
Speaker 3: The people need to be engaged.
Speaker 5: People gotta be apart. People are man come on, people tied of poles bro regular every day. I don't like I'm getting mad thinking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's ship.
Speaker 5: You ever hit a pothole and just think your own card broke?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I've hit potholes and gotten out of the car to see I.
Speaker 5: Ain't no way.
Speaker 1: Been looking out for tuning into the Note Sellers podcast. Please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate, comment, and share. This episode was recorded right here on the West coast of the USA and produced about the Black Effect podcast network and now hard Radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah