Speaker 1: I mean, everybody does, like a top ten list of twenty twenty five, but none are more disastrous than ours.
Speaker 2: We have the worst of the worst.
Speaker 3: And with your number five second date update, how long should a good first date last?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Maybe an hour? Possibly two? No?
Speaker 3: Wrong, the correct answer is one hundred and twenty hours straight.
Speaker 2: Wait, because that's exactly how long.
Speaker 3: One of our listeners planned his first date to span five full days, and he did it with a woman that he'd never met in person before.
Speaker 2: Oh no, the date doesn't go well.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I feel like hour two, she's already ready to tap out. Yeah, it sounds like.
Speaker 2: A recipe for success to me.
Speaker 3: I guess we'll find out what happened in your number five second date update right now.
Speaker 2: Second date Update date, What do you.
Speaker 3: Do if you've been on the dating apps for so long you start seeing the same people on there over and over and over?
Speaker 1: Does that happen? Ye?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Delete it? And the two years later you get it and you're like you again?
Speaker 3: You start thinking like, oh, they haven't found somebody yet, Oh that catfish account is still active. At that point, they're not potential soulmates to you anymore. They're more like coworkers, just occupying the same space as you every single day.
Speaker 2: Hey, Sarah, good to see you.
Speaker 3: And that's where one of our listeners, Patrick found himself recently, and he chose to do something about it.
Speaker 2: So let's find out Patrick. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hey guys, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: It's funny to think that the people that are you were seeing are also seeing you and thinking the same thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know, but.
Speaker 3: It sounds like you were on the dating apps for a long time.
Speaker 5: Yeah I was.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, he's like, why bring it up, Jeff, Yeah, thanks.
Speaker 4: For reminding me.
Speaker 2: But it says that you decided to do something about it to change that. What did you do?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 5: I kept seeing the same people, so I expanded my locate.
Speaker 1: Willing to drive four hours for a year now.
Speaker 4: Basically, OK, so you.
Speaker 3: Expanded your search to farther away, and who did you end up matching with?
Speaker 5: Her name was Lisa and our first day actually ended up being a vacation.
Speaker 1: What wait, is that far away that you had to take a whole weekend to get there?
Speaker 4: What the heck?
Speaker 5: Well, it was kind of more of a separate trip.
Speaker 1: Whoa you invited her on a vacation, and she said.
Speaker 5: Yes, well it happened to coincide with the work vacation, so I just thought I would bring her and it sounded fun and spontaneous.
Speaker 3: Wow, because every time sometimes I feel like weh, I go on a vacation and a girl always joked like.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, take me with you, but like you don't actually take them with you.
Speaker 2: That's a stranger, bro.
Speaker 1: Did she know you don't live in her city?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I told her. I told you. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, so confused.
Speaker 1: And you're calling this a work vacation. Aren't those two words that don't go together.
Speaker 4: It's kind of sponsored by my work.
Speaker 5: It's a five day trip that we could take if we want.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you spent five days together.
Speaker 5: Wow, Well it was supposed to be five days. It actually lasted about a day and a half half.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's not good. Why, well what happened?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm not quite sure.
Speaker 5: Actually we were staying in the same room, and of course we were going to restaurants, we were seeing the sites, doing all the stuff and having a really good time.
Speaker 4: In my mind, and my gosh.
Speaker 1: Like you're staying in the same room. Did she like, there's just so many layers to that. Like you're meeting this person for the first time and you're going to be using the same bathroom, is all I can think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to be.
Speaker 3: Fair, we can't talk about anything without talking about the bathrooms.
Speaker 2: If Brooks involved in.
Speaker 1: The conversation, that like makes it super awkward.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh yeah, having to.
Speaker 1: Get ready and having the line and just.
Speaker 2: Like when you have to you got a holder sometimes, right. Is that why she ghested you after a day and a half.
Speaker 4: I hope not.
Speaker 5: I mean I didn't think all that throughout the time, and I should have for sure.
Speaker 3: Is there like a moment bro like tell us about like tell us about the vibe of the vacation, Like, how did it go up to that point?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: I thought it was going well, you know, we were having a lot of laughs. She seemed to be enjoying herself. I was enjoying myself. And we went on this bike tour like the first day we were there, and we were on the bus coming back from it, and she just set a notehere and said, hey, I need to talk to you.
Speaker 4: Uh, I don't think I could make you happy.
Speaker 2: Well that's what she said, Yeah.
Speaker 5: And she got off the bus at the next stop, and I don't know what happened to me, but I just started crying.
Speaker 2: Oh oh man, was it one of those so much?
Speaker 1: Was it one of those wine bike tours? Because after I drink sometimes.
Speaker 4: There was no alcohol involved.
Speaker 5: Actually, okay, I don't know why I got emotional. It's probably I imagine it's because I've been on the apps for so long, and then I finally found somebody that I connected with and we were in.
Speaker 4: A beautiful place. And there's one dramatic.
Speaker 1: Again, it's not dramatic. That's just having feelings. Man, that's all right.
Speaker 2: Either that or you got dust in your eye. Could be either way.
Speaker 1: What do you think she meant by I can't make you happy?
Speaker 5: That's what I would like to find out. I mean, when I got back, she was kind of packing up all her stuff, and yeah, I gave her space, and then she left and I haven't really heard anything except she texted once that we're probably better off friends.
Speaker 3: It sounds like you planned a lot of activities for your vacation, and some people when they traveled, they don't like.
Speaker 4: To do that.
Speaker 2: I go through one activity maybe too, but yeah, mostly do beach time. No bike tours.
Speaker 1: Jose and I could never vacation again.
Speaker 2: She realized you weren't compatible that way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that could be.
Speaker 5: She seemed to be into all the little things that plans for us, though it's.
Speaker 1: Just so much time together, and she's adventurous enough to agree to a five day vacation with a guy off a dating app.
Speaker 3: Maybe she just wanted the free vacation to like lie up by the pool the whole time.
Speaker 2: Didn't want to be going to the zoo and going to.
Speaker 1: The work, and she was just getting Maybe that's what she thought.
Speaker 2: How long has it been since that happened.
Speaker 4: It was about a week ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, And obviously you're upset about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm very upset. I mean cry in front of strangers. Upset.
Speaker 1: Hasn't cried in front of strangers? You're fine?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, maybe she's still even there now. Maybe she's just parting it up wherever you guys went to, Maybe she moved.
Speaker 2: Let's find out when we call her, we'll come back. We'll try and get you your second date update right after this hold on second date update.
Speaker 3: Some people like to go out to a restaurant for a first date others might see a concert or hit a mini golf, but not our listener Patrick. No, he jumps straight to a five day vacation for his first date with Lisa. At least it was supposed to be five days, but she cut things off after just a day and a half.
Speaker 1: But she did it in a pretty respectful way.
Speaker 3: The last thing that she said to him was I don't think I can make you happy, And the last thing he said to her was because he cried from that comment. Understandably, he built up a lot of hope, and those bike tours can make a chaf real bad too.
Speaker 1: Not only that, but he's been on the dating apps for years, so it's like years of pent up frustration just coming out.
Speaker 5: And I think it's.
Speaker 2: Worse when you think things are going well, right yea, and got blindsided.
Speaker 3: The thing is he still doesn't understand what prompted her to say that, Patrick, If you had to guess, what do you think it is?
Speaker 4: Maybe it was my breath. You usually have gum and I didn't have.
Speaker 1: She could be an aic. I'm not sure why that would prompt her to say, I don't know why I can't make you happy, but.
Speaker 3: I cannot recommend a dentist. She didn't have gum either. Bro the romantic tragedy of the century.
Speaker 7: That makes sense.
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe you guys can try to get just a single date together. Maybe that will be the key here.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 5: But we do live in different cities, so somebody's gonna have to travel.
Speaker 2: Meeting up is a vacation in itself, so hey, that may be kind of fun. It's like once a month someone takes a vacation. I could be.
Speaker 3: Let's start with trying to get Let's start with trying to get her to pick up the phone first and hopefully get an answer out of her.
Speaker 2: But I'm going to dial her number right now. Let's see how this goes.
Speaker 6: Huh.
Speaker 2: Hey is this Lisa?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hey, thanks for picking up.
Speaker 2: We're a radio show. We're called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning. Lisa, Hey, Lisa, good morning.
Speaker 6: Hi, good morning.
Speaker 3: Sorry to interrupt your day like this, but we're doing a segment on our show.
Speaker 2: It's called a second Date Update.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure if you're familiar with that, but one of our listeners named Patrick has asked us to reach out to you.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, okay, wow, Like oh wow, no, not.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Okay, are you surprised to be hearing from Patrick?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm surprised. Well, I guess I'm not surprised because he seemed pretty.
Speaker 4: Desperate.
Speaker 2: Desperate.
Speaker 3: Oh, come on, that's a pretty harsh judgment for someone that you hung out with for like a day, day and half.
Speaker 6: Trust me, you'd be saying the same thing if you knew all the things that he Kenn did.
Speaker 4: What.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's so wild.
Speaker 1: Like we talked to him, he seems so mellow.
Speaker 6: Yeah, maybe it's you because he's not in loving.
Speaker 7: You like he was.
Speaker 2: That's not fair either. I was sensing love vibe.
Speaker 4: But he.
Speaker 1: Can't be in love with you. I mean, he just sounds like he really liked you and you two finally connected.
Speaker 6: He was behaving as if he loved me.
Speaker 3: Oh geez, what happened to make you say that? Because I don't think we have the full story. Like we know that he did a lot.
Speaker 1: And yeah, you agreed to go on a five day vacation with him, which is wild.
Speaker 4: That's the thing.
Speaker 7: It was just it was a lot, and yes, I agreed to go on this trip, but there didn't need to be extra pressure on top of it.
Speaker 1: And there was okay.
Speaker 6: How so, so our first night there, we went to dinner and he was like, I could totally see myself proposing here. He wasn't talking about me, but it was like he was waiting for some of me to be like, oh yeah, like, well it'll be so lovely one day, you know, I don't know. I was like okay. And then the next day we go on the tour and he introduces me to the guide as, oh, this is my future wife.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, maybe he kidding.
Speaker 2: I feel like this is my future Funny.
Speaker 6: Even if he was kidding, there was a note of kidding, but it was not enough to like to just.
Speaker 1: I mean, he sounds kind of like an earnest guy who can be a little awkward right when we talked to him.
Speaker 6: No, this is beyond like. He then wanted to stop at the jewelry store and he was like, hey, let's go check out some like ring.
Speaker 3: Okay, but did you tell him ahead of time that you're against love and the idea of marrying someone in.
Speaker 1: A beautiful.
Speaker 6: I'm not against love and marriage and all those things. It's more that I don't need it on my firm state, Like let's get to know each other.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 1: Shopping is wild.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean I was, I was almost engaging. We still never one ring.
Speaker 1: Maybe it was a local artisan shop, but he was just being a tourists.
Speaker 2: Looking for a necklace there.
Speaker 3: Well, we don't have to speculate on like what he was thinking and where his mind is that because he's actually on the other line right now waiting.
Speaker 4: To talk to me.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 4: He is.
Speaker 1: Give him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm kind of bummed out that I haven't heard from you.
Speaker 4: You haven't returned to any of my calls or messages.
Speaker 7: Wow, Like I said it, really I didn't think it was a good fit. I didn't think we were handling the pace and everything and seeing eye to eye.
Speaker 1: Was that hard to hear?
Speaker 5: Patrick, Yeah, of course it's hard to hear. I mean, to be fair, I didn't actually propose.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we know for the ring shop.
Speaker 5: I feel like you're blowing in out of proportion a little bit.
Speaker 4: I was just curious what your taste was. It's kind of fun to go into a shop. It could have been a T shirt.
Speaker 5: Sor you know, and yeah, it.
Speaker 4: Was too much.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know you're saying it's too much a lot, but sometimes people just know.
Speaker 4: It's like an instinctual.
Speaker 5: Thing and you just feel it. For my parents, I mean, it would love at first sight. They fill within the first few minutes of meeting each other.
Speaker 4: They ended up having four kids very soon after that.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a good timeline to lay out after what she just said.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and that reminds me of the time. Also, you said, oh, one day, I hope we can have future kids little asses.
Speaker 5: Wow, Half, isn't that what everybody wants in life? I mean, I thought that's why we were going on a date in.
Speaker 4: The first place, is to find love.
Speaker 7: Really? Is that why people we should have known a guy who invites to go on a five DA vacation is serious.
Speaker 1: Maybe he could slow it down, though, you know, maybe you could pump the brakes a little bit.
Speaker 4: I could plump the brakes. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: See, Wow, you're never playing hard to get bro I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm skeptical if he's capable of that.
Speaker 3: But if he's able to dial it back, pull back the reins on the love and just do like one dinner date with him, no vacation, would you be up for meeting Patrick one more time?
Speaker 4: Lisa?
Speaker 5: Before you say anything, I just that day you left me on the bus and when you said you could never make me happy. I cried when you got off the bus, and I don't normally I'm not a big cry here, especially in public.
Speaker 4: And it hit me.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure that's usually a romantic selling point.
Speaker 3: But yeah, sounds like your second date is definitely going to be cashing.
Speaker 6: I mean it seems like a lot of pressure. I don't know about this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but sometimes opposites a track. He is hopeless romantic and you are more like Alexis. Yeah, I think she's gonna wake up in bed with a ring on her finger. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's up to you, though, Lisa. We're not trying to pressure you. We're not trying to like force you to do anything you don't want to do. But we just think that love is the most important thing in the entire world.
Speaker 2: And what the whole purpose that we're on ear that means? Would you give him one more chance?
Speaker 7: I am open to it, It's just I need some confirmation that will be dialed back, like.
Speaker 5: I've already dialed it back.
Speaker 2: I feel it right now, It's totally I'm not sure he likes you anymore. Honestly, honestly, did.
Speaker 4: He hang up?
Speaker 5: Why don't we just talk on the phone for a while and see where things go from there?
Speaker 4: We could start there, Yes, let's start start.
Speaker 2: At least that you were wrong. You can make him.
Speaker 4: Happy, definitely. She just made me happy with the phone call, for sure.
Speaker 2: Smile.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is not.
Speaker 3: Looking Jeffrey in the morning man. That was a missed opportunity on my part. I apologize to everyone because she said that she agreed to a phone call. Why didn't we hang up and call her back right there? Could have just knocked it out while we were on the radio. Maybe got some dirty talking.
Speaker 1: I need to hear anymore that. I have a feeling that she might not answer the Yeah, yeah, you should.
Speaker 2: Try to get them for an awkward Tuesday something. I guess you know.
Speaker 3: We're gonna let them work it out on their own because they agreed to talk off the air, so that's good.
Speaker 2: Who knows if it's going to be a true love connection or not. That's going to be up to them.
Speaker 1: I would like an update from them. Yeah they end up talking for a minute. I'd like to hear where they're at. By the time two months hit, they should have three kids at released.
Speaker 3: But even if it didn't work out for them, lately, we've had plenty that did, and you can hear them all on our Second Day podcast. They're up online wherever you get yours, Abrook and Jeffrey