Speaker 1: What's up. It's sauce on the side. Episode fourteen. I know at some point I'm supposed to stop counting, but I don't care. I'm not there yet. I think you should stop counting now. Why fourteen is a weird place to stop counting.
Speaker 2: Because it's just like you're gonna stop eventually. Just now the fact that you just said I'm supposed to stop counting.
Speaker 1: Done, done, but i'm supposed to. I mean Andrew told me to stop doing it. Now that you both told me not to, I think I will can't wait till it was up fifteen Yeah, Episode seventy five, Hi, Episode two hundred and thirty four. God, and I have some ideas of stuff that I want to do. So, first of all, excited about the guest today. I'm always excited about our guests. I think if I have a guest i'm not excited about, you just won't hear it because it won't be fun. And yes, there are some that I've recorded that will never see the light of day. Oh God, but ooh, and I gotta get Andrew in here later for the burn books. I'm gonna burn his.
Speaker 2: Ass, burn them.
Speaker 1: Okay, he deserves it. Today we have one of our security guys here at the office, Chris, Officer Chris. He's awesome. He keeps us safe. You won't really see him, but if you try to mess with one of us, he will be around the corner take you out. That's what I tell myself. I don't think he actually keeps an eye on us. I feel like, eh, he's always there. I will say he did come to my art show, and he did bring a security team with him, none of whom helped me out. They were helping everyone else. But that's fine, really well, because here was the thing at my art show. The entire show was there. So I was like, you know what, Okay, there are X amount of security people. We need one at the VIP area just to keep people from stealing purses or whatever because we didn't know what was going on. And then I would like somebody with Danielle, and I would like somebody with Elvis so that they don't get harassed the entire time.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to I'm recking my brain at this point. I just remember those margarita's and yes.
Speaker 1: Shout out to our boys at Gringoes and Jersey City for providing the Margarita's and Tacos. Who right, We're gonna have to do another show at some point. But Officer Chris is going to come in because he is not only a retired police officer for the NYPD and he has a lot of great stories. He also now is a private eye. And I have to get to the bottom of whatever I can. And I know there's probably not a lot he can specifically say, but I want to find out some things. I don't trust it. Why I don't trust it, You'll trust it never. You don't trust me private eyes? You know?
Speaker 2: Just no, I'm not paying you to do something I could do myself. I'm nosy.
Speaker 1: But oh really, you're gonna show up. You're gonna just sit outside someone's apartment for twenty four hours?
Speaker 2: Done that before. Oh twenty four hours is a long time. But now I need to get to the bottom of that twenty four minutes. Yes, who have you rolled up on?
Speaker 1: I can't say, can't say that was it someone you were dating? Someone someone else was dating? Oh not?
Speaker 2: Oh what I've done it for my friends? You need me, call me, girl, call me, beat me if you want to reach me. It's gone down. It's going down.
Speaker 1: I've done some creepy stuff with friends before, and never for myself. Now for my friends, I'm like, yeah, hold on, let me put on this hat and glasses and roll up Long Island. I love it. It's so fun. And just watch let me just watch where they're going. That's all. That's it. So we got to get to Chris. Let's bring in Chris. Chris. Chris Chris. He is a former police officer now private investigator in our security and I have so many things that I want to ask you. So Chris, thank you for.
Speaker 3: Joining me, Thank you for having me?
Speaker 1: Gandhi, are you nervous? Goodness? Should have been? You make me feel nice, nice and easy, lull you into it and then.
Speaker 3: Get it's that energy.
Speaker 4: You're good, Okay, excellent.
Speaker 1: So I don't even know where I want to start with you, because you have so many stories from the time that you are a police officer to now working in private investigation. And I'm sure just around these offices alone, you've seen a lot, You've done a lot, you smelled a lot. Where do we start?
Speaker 3: I've been here six years?
Speaker 4: Can you believe that you've been here longer than me?
Speaker 3: Where's the time going? What well, the police officer. Yeah, I started. Now I'm going to show you my age nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I started in the South Bronx by the Yankee Stadium area, the forty fourth precinct, A rough area, A good place to start that you really want to learn policing. I mean, you're gonna get your cherry popped right away.
Speaker 1: What made you want to become a police officer? Because I feel like things are very different now. So in nineteen ninety four, what was the allure?
Speaker 3: You know? The truth? I did have. That show Cops was popular in the late eighties watching.
Speaker 1: That, But truth you wanted to wrest a bunch of people without their shirts on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now that's true. Growing up for me was more like take every civil service exam and see who calls you.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: So I was very happy the NYPD called me and I made a twenty five year career out of it. I got into private security halfway there. I did it on the side, and after my journey with the MYPD, I opened up my own private investigation protection business.
Speaker 1: And how's that been going?
Speaker 3: Excellent?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know you did security at my art show.
Speaker 3: That's true, and you guys, I was on one of my more exciting events. That was great. That was so fun.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you had a good time. We had a good time too. So it was very chaotic, there were so many people, but it was awesome.
Speaker 3: You rallied through. You did it.
Speaker 1: Come to work the next day, baby, this is how we do it morning. Yeah. Chris by the way is definitely our dude because he will warn us if there's something sketchy going on outside. He will walk us to and from our cars. He's always looking out for us, and we love you for that.
Speaker 4: So thanks my pleasure.
Speaker 1: But back to being a police officer in New York City. What are some of the craziest things that you have encountered and been part of?
Speaker 3: This story goes well in the bar with a glass of wine.
Speaker 1: This is your party story.
Speaker 3: This is my party. They're rated R version. I'm a rookie learning the job. I'm on training. So there's two veteran cops that have me in the backseat of the police car teaching me the job. I mean, this is literally my first week and they get a nine one one call. It's a four to twelve shift, so that's four to twelve midnight. It was the end of the night. And in those days, stay used to call it four to fours because you want to get out at midnight, but you want to go to the bar to four in the morning.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, so it's a four to four.
Speaker 3: The young guy's job, especially the night shift, it's more for the young single guys. Everybody wants to get out and go have a cocktail. So when the nine one one call comes in of a suspicious odor, oh god. The two veterans who know they went up, this ain't going to be good and it's in the shift, so it's going to be yours, rookie, because we're going out. So we go up this walk up building where the call was. It's like the second floor of a foul odor inside of the apartment. Knock on the door, nobody's answering. You can hear TV blasting inside the apartment. So I go. Well. The procedure by the police academy is called emergency service. They're like the swat guys for the NYPD. They come in with a battering ram and they'll break the door. They laugh and say, now that don't work here, kid, You're not in the academy, and we're in the streets, knock on a neighbor's door. Neighbors says, oh, it's a single lady that lives and there. We haven't seen in a while. We were the ones they called it's just the stench. Oh god, the stench.
Speaker 4: Was really bad.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's gonna get worse. So the veteran cops say, really easy, go up to the roof, walk down the fire skate so it's six stories, come down to the second floor, break the window, get in and unlock the door. We handle things our way. You know, we don't go outside resources. Welcome to the job, kid, breaking and entering.
Speaker 1: Let's figure this out.
Speaker 3: Basically, I go up to the roof. And here's the part I didn't tell you, Gandhi when I said I was taking every civil service exam, the only one I wouldn't take was the fire department because I'm scared of heights.
Speaker 1: Ah okay.
Speaker 3: Now I'm on this rooftop, huge building, like the Yankee Stadium, Ario, all those buildings, and I looked down and I'm like, oh no. I put one step on the fire scape and you could feel the fire scape moving and you could see the dust coming out of the screws like I'm so old. Yeahs.
Speaker 1: Then there's another stench because you shit yourself.
Speaker 3: Well, I got blotches, I discovered. I never knew this that I created blotches all over my neck. And I'm like, oh no, what a pussy. Battle through it. Walk down, Get to this kitchen window. Take my flashlight. Back in those days, they were big mag lights. Break the window. Try to open it. First, it wouldn't open, it was locked. Break the window. Climb in because at the end of the day, your job is to make sure somebody is not in need. So you got to get in there. And there's this little chuala and he's biting my caf come down in the kitchen and I hear the TV blasting. Happened to be the TV show Cheers. Okay, to this day, if I see Cheers, I'll always remember this story. The stench is so bad. What I did. I kept putting my nose in my armpit to smell my right card to try to get a relief. As I'm walking to the.
Speaker 4: Front door, I would have thrown really bad.
Speaker 3: It's really bad. Now, it's really really bad. And obviously this is a call that more than likely by the veterans. Was da dead on arrival, which is a summertime, which could be a really bad smell. But I see a corpse on the couch. Oh, and it has what looks appears to be a fetus, and the fetus has maggots. Ew, so tells me this is an old had to be there a few days.
Speaker 1: So my feet is do you mean that she had given birth or somebody ripped a baby out of her?
Speaker 3: The end of the investigation with the Emmy and the detective squads, Yes, she turned out she had a heart disease. She was alone and died giving birth right on her couch.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, horrible poor thing.
Speaker 1: Did you vomit?
Speaker 3: I didn't vomit, but I definitely up chucked. Whatever is that? How you say that?
Speaker 1: Oh like a little bit of the like in your mouth?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Correct? You tasted your dinner at seven people.
Speaker 4: That's gonna make me split piece soup.
Speaker 3: At this great Jewish deli on a hund sixty Yankee court court deli. I don't know if they're still there.
Speaker 1: Did it ruin the split peace soup?
Speaker 3: For yeah? Oh it the split piece soup and cheers?
Speaker 1: Never again.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you're ever going to get me to watch it out and watched tears and.
Speaker 1: That's just one of I'm sure many things to say.
Speaker 3: You're correct, it was twenty five years of this and that particular body. By the way, the arm was missing. Oh yeah, she didn't have an arm.
Speaker 1: And how's that?
Speaker 3: It was so rigmortous that under the couch the dog had her arm.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, yeah, wait the chihuahua.
Speaker 4: Correct, so are nasty workman?
Speaker 3: Her arm fell off. I know the dog pulled it off because of how deceased the Bible was and it was under the couch. Had to watch on it. You never forget that image and the dog was playing with it.
Speaker 1: And this is your I tell this story at a bar story. Oh yeah, and people love it.
Speaker 3: This could be a killer You just got to know it's a killer story.
Speaker 1: I have to say. I know my audience a little bit, and I think they're going to have really I can't say enjoy it because it's disturbing, but we'll be interested in it. How about that?
Speaker 3: That's fine.
Speaker 1: As a police officer in the nineties into the two thousands, what is the most common that you see here in the city?
Speaker 3: Assaults, domestic was. Yeah, it was one of your heaviest I used to say Cupid's bad arrow maybe, But there was a lot of domestic halls, a lot of disputes, neighbor disputes. Obviously, with all these buildings in all these boroughs, neighborly dispute is just like every five minutes. Well, I'm calling nine one one on you. Two people can't get along, and I'm gonna call nine one. I'm gonna call namb one. We're gonna call nine one one. Then your big crimes like felonies of assaults with injury.
Speaker 1: Now, shootings and stabbings. Shootings in the city at least now are not as high as other people would assume that they would be for New York City, right, because it's hard to get a gun here. Am I wrong about this? Or am I right about this?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It depends. I mean, if you have the resources like a gang banger, and guy, really I do, really, you go the gang banger. They have those resources and a lot of it comes from the South. It's a big thing of course, driving down there and you know there is plenty of guns. But you're right, the common person, the resource of just getting a firearm, I would imagine it is difficult.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about the city. Now, we all know the city has definitely changed. The pandemic, a lot of stuff got weird. People were let out of jail. Bail reform has been would we call it bail reform? Yeah? How do you feel about this city right now?
Speaker 3: It's it's tough. It has changed. I'm certainly one hundred percent proof because I have a security business and a lot of my clients are now hiring me just to protect their homes in the city because of the changes on their blocks. It could just be as simple as drug users or somebody who uses their front stairs or underneath their brownstone as a porter party. Oh, being a New Yorker, you know, born and raised here, my issues to quality alife. There's a policy where you can't really police that right now, the urine eating and you know, all the little petty things that sounds like it's nonsense, and you definitely they definitely had to do something about it. I mean, you can't just flood the system with quality of life. But now now it seems like it went too far the other way.
Speaker 1: So being someone on the inside of all of this, do you think that there is a fix. What is the solution? Because they're right, you can't flood the prisons, But what.
Speaker 3: Do you do? Great question, and I truthfully have to say I don't know. Part of it is younger cops. I think is good because if you have older cops like myself, where you've been on the job during the days of you can lock them up and that's it and let the courts deal with it. Those guys are burnt out because the new way, you know what I mean, you need a young mind, You need a nice young guy to come in and have to know how to deal with this more. I would say with honey.
Speaker 1: Absolutely though I mean I clearly am not a politician. I don't know how the money works. But it would seem as though a lot of these people who were let out of jail, prison, whatever it was, have mental issues and there needs to be some sort of mental help and a facility for people who do not have jobs, who are homeless, who are on the street, who are the people shitting underneathone's brownstone or pissing on the side of the road.
Speaker 3: That's a great, good point. I would have disagreed a few years ago. I would have said, no, that's bullshit, and you commit the crime. That's it. You gotta you know, doing what I do now to security at against somebody's blocks. And let's face it, the truth of the matter is the blocks I'm doing are people that probably are a little more privileged because they could afford secure Of course, my daughter says that all the time. Who has crippling anxiety? She goes, Oh, god, Dad, I wish I had one hundred dollars an hour to pay some guy to stand in front of my house all day, I would sleep amazing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: But the truth of the matter is there's a guy I dealt with, and what I tried to do. If I have a situation where there's a reoccurring event of somebody annoying the neighborhood, I do try to get to know him. It's the best way because I can't go to the distation attorney. I can't go to that local priest. And if I walk into the priests and say, hey, this guy's shitting on the street, they're gonna laugh at me too bad. So I can't physically harm them, nor would I. So the one or two cases I had, I mean, these guys are just mentally ill, and they really are. I don't think they wake up in the morning and say I just want to hang out, run up and down the block and do drugs and use it as a bathroom. So I don't know the answer on how do we get this taken care of? It's it's good, it's gonna be tough.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a good thing that you are a retired police officer now, so you don't have to worry about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's it. That's right.
Speaker 1: It's crazy thinking that you're retired too, because when I hear retired, I think somebody who's like in their sixties maybe seventies, and you're obviously too young for that.
Speaker 3: But okay, fight apartment. You get to do twenty years and get out not anymore, and now it's more but my day, So you're right. I retired at forty eight forty seven and a half years old. People are like, you can't retire. Funny. I thought I could live in golf for the rest of my life on my New York City police pension. How's that That only lasted about a year, And I really that ain't happening. Okay, you got to go out and get a second living.
Speaker 1: Word to the wise. Now let's talk about your second living. Yes, now you are a private investigator. Yes, now you get to see all the juicy stuff. And in my head when I think private investigator, I think somebody sitting in their car with a hat and glasses, following cheaters around. What is the majority of.
Speaker 3: Your work, magnum p I right, the Hollywood part of get to travel around and drive a Ferrari. Yes, yeah, that's that's not happening.
Speaker 1: Because who would notice a Ferrari?
Speaker 3: Following there is a lot of domestic and the biggest thing with domestic first, when you get a call from a client, I really tend to just only do it if I get a call from an attorney. If I'm not dealing with an attorney, then it's like, well wait, I'm not just going to find out something and give you the information. I don't know what you're gonna do. You I kill the person. So I like to a good private eye or a smart private eye usually just wants to deal with an attorney for like a divorce case. And in New York State there is no such thing as adultery. It's not going to work for court. No, it's just a moral thing. Maybe there's kids involved, Maybe mom wants to say your dad was a cheater, or wants to say your mom was a cheater. Because it's going to get ugly now. And this is why. There's a lot of reasons why. And let's face it, you want to know the other jobs. Occasional insurance jobs are big. I've worked out with people filming them. They had no idea. I have like hidden body cameras and they're not supposed to be in the gym working out.
Speaker 1: Oh, because they're like disabled or there's something horrible that has caused a workman's comp injury.
Speaker 3: Oh. I have insurance companies that reach out to me and I'll join the gym for a month and I'll walk in literally say hey, can I work in with you? We're both lifting weights and you're getting video.
Speaker 1: I didn't know insurance companies did that. This explains where all the money's going.
Speaker 3: There's all it's workmen's comp. This comp is big, so interesting.
Speaker 1: So do any of the people that you're investigating find out that you are investigating?
Speaker 3: Yeah, usually it's funny. I always think that too. I had an adultry case. Here's one and I yeah, this is a here. This is a good one with changing everything because I assure you discreet, I will never ever give up any kind or speak about any client. But this was the attorney reached out to me to find this couple that was dating, and it was for the husband. The husband's attorney said, my wife, you know, to find his wife out on a date. So we had a night on the town and they had a concert in Lower Manhattan, one of these small venues which she wasn't aware of. The iPhone but she didn't know is married to the iPad.
Speaker 1: I feel like that happens so much.
Speaker 3: Out there. Clean your shit up. Your iPad might be saying everything your iPhone. Those I get that a lot, at least at least three occasions when they get hit with that. If however, they do it like aha, look at what we got. I always think back, like the expression of their faces. It's got to be horrible.
Speaker 1: It's got to be I mean, could you imagine, have you so you've never had somebody figure out that it was you and then confront you about it later during you try.
Speaker 3: To be a mystery person. Get some shots. And that's why better people that taught me this job try to deal with like a third party attorney, have no point of contact in and out. Now, if you came to me and said, hey, my boyfriend's cheating on me. My husband's cheating on me. I live with him, no lawyer's involved. I just want to know. I personally, I would recommend somebody for you. It'll take your money. I don't want to get involved in that because I don't know what you're going to do if I come back and give you all the footage.
Speaker 1: I bet I. So I have a theory about cheating, going through phones, hiring investigators. I think once it gets to that point where you feel the need to pick up somebody's phone and go through it, it's over. Just call it thank you, Because even if I'm the type of person, you can never prove a negative right. You can never prove something did not happen. You can only ever prove that it did happen. So just because you don't find something, in my head, if you come back and you're like, listen and I follow this person around, I never found anything, then I'm thinking, Okay, it doesn't mean it didn't happen. You just didn't find anything.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: The trust is gone at that point, it's broken. Just move on. There's something wrong, whether it's the whether it's to you, whether it's the two of you together. Once you get to that point, I just can't imagine ever.
Speaker 3: Actually I have a GPS. Now that's also very interesting. You can't just legally GPS. There's a whole system on how you have to do that on somebody's car.
Speaker 1: Oh really? Yes, I've watched a lot of Breaking Bad.
Speaker 3: Are you sure that's it? Breaking Back the Chicken Polo places? Putting it on Walter, that's it because of that episode. I have so many friends with Kai Bardi GPS you have. I just want to see where my girl is going. I want the tracker if you're feeling that way like and then I come from the maybe the old school, and don't want to say I'm tougher, but I don't want to know. No happy I'm in my relationship. I'm happy, we're happy. If that's something that's going on, I don't want to investigate. If it's I'm gonna know if you're really gonna do it throughout our relationship. I think I'm gonna see some tail signs.
Speaker 1: So that was gonna be my question. How does this translate into your personal life. Are you constantly looking around and observing things, or do you try to keep them separate and say, yeah, I'm not gonna poke around. I'm just gonna live this separate life.
Speaker 3: It never ever affects me. I actually look at it.
Speaker 1: Like, because you're married, right right, I'm.
Speaker 3: Married a long time. We were like high school sweethearts, so yeah, we're at that point. I think now my wife actually, long as her bills are paid, she would just throw me out of house. Marriage long marriage. As you get older, there's less and less people checking you out.
Speaker 1: I don't know about that, all right, all right, my boyfriend and I will I can't even say argue. But I'm not jealous at all. I just think, oh, I think you're cute, so I assume other people are gonna think you're cute. And we were at a resort not too long ago, and this woman swam up to him and I was standing right next to him, and she starts going on and on about he's handsome and look at these tattoos, asking about.
Speaker 3: I met him at the tattoo gallery. He's a handsome. He's a handsome boy.
Speaker 1: Pain in my ass, But you know, this woman's talking to him. So I just swam away because I was like, you know what, and go ahead do your thing. She saw me standing here. She gives no fucks, so I'm not your security. So I just swam off and let them finish talking. And he said, how could you do that? I can't believe you would just leave me there. First of all, you're a grown man. You can take care of yourself with this woman. But I didn't want to be the person in their cod blocking and it's hot, thanks.
Speaker 3: It's a turn on, a turn off. And I have one an older school, high school sweet art type wife where she would look at me in the background shaking her head like nice. As I'm engaged in the conversation where I'm like, all right, can we do this later. It's like way to Rockey.
Speaker 1: I don't even care if people are flirting. I think go ahead, have fun, enjoy yourself. We'll see where you go this evening.
Speaker 3: I'm flirty, you are flirt with It's it's just more good energy, right. You just know the level. I know the level. It ends at the bottom.
Speaker 1: So, speaking of that level working in private investigation, is there a common thread that you notice before you actually catch someone in the act a behavior that you're like, yeah, they're cheating.
Speaker 3: Ah, yeah, what is it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Two cell phones phones is without a doubt.
Speaker 3: You know, if you, if you, if you're significant other has two cell phones and it's not a work phone. But then again, it can be a work phone. They can utilize it. Yep, two cell phones is. I'll say half the time, let's not because now I'm going to start fights with all these people that two cell phones. Two cell phones is one after dinner disappearing. If I gotta take a ride, I gotta run out and get something from the store, I forgot something that usually could be that, like I got to make that quick phone call. Hey, you know what's going on the.
Speaker 1: Majority of your clients are they men? Are they women? Or is it split?
Speaker 3: You know, it's it's it was in the beginning when I started this. Obviously it's more men, but it's women are catching up. Yeah, yeah, they're they're coming around, they're coming around.
Speaker 1: Wait, so the clients are men or the clients are women?
Speaker 3: Are more female clients catching the men? But that has changed? Really? Yeah?
Speaker 1: That do you think it's because women are getting stupid or they're cheating?
Speaker 3: I have my theory. I think tell us, Bravo, okay, TV shows women see moore of being exposed Internet just more of that kind of gossip type. And then they're like, you know what, I do like that guy in the gym, he is cute. You know what, I'm gonna live my best life?
Speaker 1: Or so you think social media has made people TV and social media has made people more apt to cheat.
Speaker 4: Sure, Now let me ask you this, Chris.
Speaker 1: You have two daughters to their adults. Yes, they're dating. Yes, you meet the dude they're dating, or the girl they're dating, whatever it is. You don't do some snooping. Come on, man, So.
Speaker 3: This is funny. I'm meeting my daughter, my older it's their name's Jessica. She's gonna be twenty five, meeting her boyfriend for the first time this Friday. She's been dating him for a few months and now it's time to But how do I say a confession I have when we're on air?
Speaker 1: But go ahead, I run them, Yes, as you should. I want to run them. And I'm not even a cop. I don't know how you don't do it.
Speaker 3: Love clients to come to me and they want a general comprehensive run and people go, that's horrible. No, it ain't fuck that. Why would you want to know about some I want to know his probably work history. Yes, I want to know if he was arrested.
Speaker 1: Credit score and I wouldn't and I'd.
Speaker 3: Have no problem credit score. Leans, that's right. I want to know everything about this person. So yeah, that answers that for sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, So let me ask you, this got a lot of interesting personalities in this building. You run them.
Speaker 3: I have not run anybody in.
Speaker 1: This You haven't. I don't even believe that. I don't even believe that for a second.
Speaker 3: I have not run anybody in this building.
Speaker 1: I would never do that. There have to be some interesting people around here doing some interesting shit. Yeah, and you're not allowed to talk about.
Speaker 3: It, are you? No? No? But yeah, it's a colorful building, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: I bet it is.
Speaker 3: We have all shapes and sizes as far as.
Speaker 1: The colorful Okay, can you say this, as far as the colorful people go? Right, which station gives you the most to deal with? I think I know it?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: But which? Because you only walk you know certain people out of this building?
Speaker 3: Right? Right? Well? Right? Power definitely has more people looking to get with them. We've had that from time to time.
Speaker 1: Well, they're also a lot more controversial. There you go, they're out there, they start shit. We don't really start shit over here.
Speaker 3: WR. I've had three Oh yeah, they start too here you go. I've had three cases with WOLR. We had to do again power in WLR. We had to do a super like get a whole team out here and just beyond high alert.
Speaker 1: What's the craziest thing you've seen happen around here?
Speaker 3: We had a guy in Tribeca who came by looking for one of our talent, and he was out here at four o'clock in the morning. So that alone alarms me because that's motivation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, you're up early waiting.
Speaker 3: That shows some good motivation. We asked him if he needed anything. The security at the front desk. You know, it's a suit. We call that a suit because it shows the first sign of authority. You got a suit on the lobby security. Hi, is there anything I can help you with? Because he's standing right at the window and it's four o'clock.
Speaker 1: In These guys are the first ones out.
Speaker 3: There twenty four hours. So the guy on the midnight shift would be the one that will alert me.
Speaker 1: Oh for Anthony, here you go.
Speaker 3: And this was at this time was in Tribeca, which was Steve Sure And Anthony, by the way, is amazing, he really is.
Speaker 1: He was great too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was funny. I got a call from Anthony this morning for something like he's just so good. They're great. The guy said to the overnight security guy at four o'clock in the morning, Fuck you, free country. I'm out here. Don't tell me what I got to do. Mind you business. Then I have to roll up and again just stand here. And now I'm not going to engage with him, because He's right, it's a free country. You could stand in front of a building at four o'clock in the morning. So now the job details where I have to stand there to try not to make it like I'm watching him, but I'm watching him to wait to see. As far as our procedures, we will just have talents stay home that day, really work from home.
Speaker 1: There you go. There are so many times, because you know, we all walk in from different places all the time, so you never even know where somebody's coming from, or if they're coming up through the basement whatever. But every now and then at the old building would see somebody looking outside and we would just walk by and be like, hey, Steve, I think someone's here for Charlotta Magne. This is always like, I know you said some shit yesterday and here yeah, yeah, yeah, here it goes.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: That's funny. So nothing nothing too crazy with the people here. And if it was, you wouldn't even be able to tell me anyway. That's right, we'll talk off the air, Chris, what about celebrities like you have to again? I know you are Yeah, you can't see that because this is a podcast, but Chris has a big old grint on his face. I will find out. But I can't tell you how about celebrities because I know that you've done with deal dealt with a lot of them. Yeah, yes, without using a name. Are you allowed to say some crazy things that you have seen within the celebrity world, like a page six type of thing.
Speaker 4: Sure, blind item.
Speaker 3: Right, blind item? Celebrities. Uh. Even my experience in the police department before I was doing private security, we caught one celebrity in the meat past area, which is in Lower Manhattan, performing oral sex on the prostitute. Oh a male prostitute.
Speaker 1: Fascinating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in his suv with his driver was out getting coffee.
Speaker 1: So that was quick.
Speaker 3: My thing is like, you got all this money in the world, get a room. Another one was fun was I was called at the Ritz Calton on Central Park back with a certain celebrity. You can guess it. I'll shake my head. I didn't work for him, so I didn't sign to an NDA so I could say it during the Was it Denise.
Speaker 1: Richardson Charlie Sheena?
Speaker 3: That incident was an incident of like an assault. Charlie Sheen had an issue in a hotel room. I wasn't working, but the manager told me, you know he was at There was nine one one calls. Yeah, and then there was a celebrity who loved prostitution coming to his room. He would stay, of course I can't say his name. He would hire security and he would rent the whole floor just so nobody else was up there and just have escorts come like all weekend. And that was Central Park Hotel.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a party.
Speaker 3: It's a party.
Speaker 1: Speaking about NDAs, I have some questions about this. So with a lot of the Diddy and Cassie stuff that we have seen when it comes to an NDA, even take him out of it. Just in general, when it comes to an NDA. How protected is somebody by an NDA if they're committing a crime, Like, are you never supposed to talk about it? Do you get in trouble if you blow the whistle on somebody because they're doing something horrible and you've signed an NDA.
Speaker 3: I mean the legal answer to that is if you're subpoena or authorities are questioning you, now the NDA's out. If it's the commission of a crime, you're not sup If you're professional, I'm not going to go to a barbecue and say I was just out with so and so, because it's just going to get out and it comes back to me and then I'm not going to get work right. So I'm going to assure you so discreet any of my clients. So if it's in a commission of a crime and now you're working with the authorities, you're gonna you're not gonna get sued. You still might get sued, but you're gonna win.
Speaker 1: Now, what if the authorities don't come to me but say I sign an NDA and I'm out partying with We'll say Diddy because he's the one that's all over the news. Right now, I sign an NDA. I'm hanging out with him. I see him commit a crime. Right Nobody has come to me and asked me did this happen. I go to the authorities and say, hey, I saw this happen. Do I get in trouble.
Speaker 3: By the NDA standards? Now you'll win that you will. He could still make your life miserable and ssue you, bring you into depositions in court paid attorney, so he could still make your life a pain in the ass because you're gonna have the lawyer up and now it's going to hit your pocket. But in the end, there's nobody gonna find you guilty for that, because it's the moral of the right thing to do. It's a crime.
Speaker 1: Because I'm just wondering, you know how so many people now are coming forward and saying, oh, we knew this, we saw this, it was all going on, but you didn't have shit to say. Then now you have a bunch to say. And I feel like it's not the flex people think it is.
Speaker 3: I think it's the domino effect on the on the one side of it, where let's say it did happen, what these people are saying. I think it's the ritual. You always need a leader, You always need that one person to come out, kind of like in the classroom, we all wanted to say something, nobody wouldn't. Then the one kid say, speaks his mind, Now we all want to talk. I think there's that, and then I think there's people, of course capitalizing on sure nonsense.
Speaker 1: There's a little bit of cloud chasing, for sure, But I'm getting a little irritated at some of these celebrities who are like, oh, we knew that we been knew that, we knew that it had happened, blah blah blah. Well where the fuck were you?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 1: Why did you say anything?
Speaker 3: Then why didn't you want to do the right thing? Yeah, all of a sudden, that's that's the problem in this world is everybody just kind of has the shuggers on. They do know a lot of bad things going on, nobody wants to get involved.
Speaker 1: Do you ever have to do security detail for somebody that while you guys are doing it, you're like, you know, I wouldn't really hate it if you accidentally got punched in the face by someone because you're so terrible. Absolutely, Yes, who Chris who.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you wouldn't lose sleep, that's for sure if it happened. But the job is to protect them, Yeah, the fullest. So you're going to make sure that doesn't happen. But yeah, and nine out of ten, it's always good. It's quick in and out, get him safe for tonight. It's an honor if I'm known at one of many former cops as the New York City connection for who's coming in from La Miami. We need a guy biggest human beings if we need that kind of job, or just again the guy that just keeps you out.
Speaker 1: Of trouble, you're gonna have to hire you for some more things.
Speaker 3: You get the friends and family right there.
Speaker 1: Hey, and you guys are great, and you always treat us well and always be nice to the security because they're the ones that are going to help you.
Speaker 4: Smile, not give me a shake, be happy.
Speaker 3: I sure you your accounter won't be as bad.
Speaker 1: That's a good. So okay, let's talk about that. Give us tips to make an encounter with a police officer less shitty, because, let me tell you, scary does something that I don't agree with at all. But as soon as he gets pulled over. He just immediately starts dropping. I'm on the radio on the Elvis stor In Morning show. I'm on the radio.
Speaker 3: I'm like, do you know who I am?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yes, which I always say. If you have to say do you know who I am? You lost because either they know and they don't give a shit, or they don't know and they don't give a shit, And now you're just sitting here looking like an idiot. Like in the history of do you Know Who I Am?
Speaker 3: Does it ever work nowadays? Remember the cop is on camera, so anything you say is going to be on his camera. So you might not want too much because those cameras, even even the police camera, I'm sad to say, end up leaking out and end up on these TV shows. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember Reese Witherspoon getting pulled over for duy and she pulled a do you know who I Am?
Speaker 4: Thing?
Speaker 1: And it looked awful.
Speaker 3: A police encounter is public.
Speaker 1: I think it should be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess yeah. I would be more like, I don't show that. What is that going to do? But they have to now show their side of what they encounter. You know, we've seen bad things on the other side. I'm not naive. We know that it happens. With that said, here's what I told my kids when they drove. When a cop, especially in the dark, gets out, he pulls you over on the traffic stop and he's walking to your car, I assure you he's as scared as you that first moment when he's walking to that car. He don't know what he's especially when there's multiple bodies like you and your friends are hanging out, you get pulled over this three heads that he sees as he's coming up. So my thing with my my own children was, well, I don't know this cop, and I don't know if he's a little bit of a loose cannon or had a bad day, or has a PI and his wife's cheating on him. I don't know what is coming to that car to engage with my children, and he does have a firearm. My theory is, listen to me, put the freaking light on, put your hands on the steering wheel, and just answer the questions. I'm very, very confident that he's there because of the traffic steps. I'm not making it now like I'm against the police, because I'm not. I'm a police officer, but I know safety, if you move the wrong way and it's dark, or just go forbit your friend does something stupid. You just never know.
Speaker 1: So let's say you do have a bad encounter with a police officer who was acting out of line, who did something he should or she should not have done. Okay, what is your recourse? How do people reford? What do you do?
Speaker 3: What I would do? I would shut up and let him win. He's gonna win on the scene, and lawyer up and have your day later.
Speaker 1: But even from that point, like say, okay, you win. Now you're searching my car illegally or for no reason, whatever it is is, or now you've physically harmed me, where do you go from there? Like, yes, you get a lawyer. What if you can't afford a lawyer? What's your first course of action?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Who do you tell?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, they have a whole process. There's like a civilian complaint. And at the moment at the scene, I would eat it. Yeah really, and I have. I've had, you know, an issue. I had an issue down south once when I was pulled over and I didn't agree with where it was going. But I ate it. I just ate it. You want to take a look and I just did because I'm just for that moment, live for that moment. You know it could be. I don't want it to become combative.
Speaker 1: It's really tough though, because you know, people are so scared now because you are seeing these videos of people who were complying, people who were not acting out of line to get the treatment that they then got. So it's it's a tough one.
Speaker 3: Especially Well, we were talking about short and we were talking about this before. Like the media, it's so much pounding the social media. If you just search it once, it's going to keep coming on your phone.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, they like the.
Speaker 3: Police department has so many great stories going on with their doing in the community. Especially again I said, this new way of policing I'm for with these young cops, cops and kids boxing softball, and it's not on that social media like that one.
Speaker 1: Well, police needs a better pr then that's where we need to fix it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, beat it up, Gandhi, get in there. I'll get you some resources.
Speaker 1: Let's go all right. I don't want to only highlight the bad shit that happens. I mean there is a lot. We know that there's a lot. I do want to highlight the good things that happen. And I do want to give people recourse if they feel helpless, because I think that that's a big part of what's really setting everybody off. Just in general. It feels like a powder keg right now, exactly. And I think it's because people feel helpless in so many different areas, whether it's how much money you're making, insurance companies, doctors' offices, dealing with police officers. People don't know where to go and what to do to actually affect change. And I think that that's what's really stressing a lot of people out. So if we can give them answers, I love it. If we can highlight the good, I'm always on board for that.
Speaker 3: I think it's great.
Speaker 1: So when you have these great stories or things that are happening community, Chris, you got to tell me yeah, so now I can talk about it.
Speaker 3: I love it. I will.
Speaker 1: Now you don't expect me to go do research, do you.
Speaker 3: I'll put you in touch with somebody I know in the NYPD with that they do a lot in the community.
Speaker 1: So Chris, you also, and I will wrap it up with this, You're not just a former police officer in our security and own a private investigation business. Yes, you also have a.
Speaker 4: Bar, Yes, a wine bar.
Speaker 3: Yes. My family, my brother and I, we have a wine bar in Bronxville, New York called Ernie's Wine Bar.
Speaker 1: Where's Bronxville, Bronxfield's in.
Speaker 3: Lower Lower Westchester. It's one of the first stops coming out of the city, out of the bronx What's called Ernie's Ernie's Wine Bar.
Speaker 1: So if you want to see Chris, are you there?
Speaker 3: Off it? I will always be there. Just just let me know who's coming ex for Chris and I'll get over there.
Speaker 1: Ernie's Wine Bar in Bronxville. Chris, our lovely security guard, and I think we can call you security guard, our lovely security security and private investigator. Chris.
Speaker 4: We love you, Thank you, thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Of course, if people can people find you online or do you not want to drop that information?
Speaker 3: Oh sure, shoot me. Let's give you a few emails.
Speaker 1: Well you have a few emails. One he's got three phones for emails. Nothing he's doing is sketchy.
Speaker 3: Chris Consulting at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: Chrisconsulting at gmail dot com. If you have some issues that you would like to be solved or looked at. That's how you get ahold of our Chris, and have your lawyer reach out to him. If you want to creep on a significant.
Speaker 3: Lawyer first please, I don't want no more anti domestic case.
Speaker 1: Good job, Thank you, Chris, thanks for joining us, Thanks for having me. Okay, pretty interesting. Chris has some things to say. I think I'm gonna have to talk to him off the air about some of the stuff he was being very hesitant about. But anyway, let's get to the other fun stuff because we need to get Andrew's ass in here, because, like I said, I want to burn him and we have to do and ask me anything. So please hold on one second, Andrew, can you come here?
Speaker 2: What he's such a victim's losing? H Well, go take the mic you deserve it today.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, there he goes. There he goes learn something. I'm out podcasting. Oh my god, he's gonna take out a whole computer. Look at him.
Speaker 5: Well, why would they put the arm of the computer where it could hit the computer? That's dumb.
Speaker 4: The computer hit the arm.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is a microphone.
Speaker 5: Yes, just what do you need?
Speaker 1: I'd like to burn you. Okay, do you have any idea why I want to burn you.
Speaker 5: Because of the podcast being spoken over.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he knows.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not going to burn me. I'm gonna burn you.
Speaker 1: Wait, how are you going to burn me for that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Hold on.
Speaker 1: So here's what happened. I had doctor Brad Schaeffer in for actually what I thought was a really good episode, Diamond, you were in there for it. What did you think? Amazing? Amazing episode? And we got to a lot of really cool things. You talked about all kinds of stuff, and we had people come in, like guests come in. But in the other studio recording what the hell were you recording?
Speaker 5: It was a boll chat.
Speaker 4: You were recording a.
Speaker 1: Bowl chat for the serial Killers. Yes, Andrew and a guy named Ben were in the other studio. We love Ben, He's very nice, like him a lot. Their entire podcast recorded on top of my entire podcast. So Doctor Brad was rendered unusable. But the serial Killer podcast just went on to do this fucking bold chat. I hate you for it? And why did I flame you?
Speaker 5: I guess maybe learn how to use the board and then it won't happen.
Speaker 1: Oh really, wait a minute, because I'm pretty sure that you had something in your side that you one didn't know how to shut off, and two had you known how to use the board, it would not have happened.
Speaker 5: Well, to be honest with you, I am terrified of the boards should because I am always afraid of them. I do not touch the board unless it is in studio I and I know how to use that because I have written out instructions of what too press to make it work. I never touch Elvis's board. I never touched Scotty's board because I did my impression. I swear on my life, I never touched it, and that was the problem. I didn't touch it because Scott's always like working radio, and I'm always under the impression that if I touch anything there, I could be on the radio at any second and shut everything down.
Speaker 1: Worse, destroy an hour long podcast.
Speaker 5: Well, I will say, I apologize.
Speaker 1: Well, this isn't fun. I don't want an apology. I want you to fight back.
Speaker 5: But then when I fight back, it's, oh, look at him playing the victim. Let's talk about that manipulation. I'm also so sorry I spit on your hat.
Speaker 1: Sorry that.
Speaker 5: I burn you.
Speaker 1: Okay, find Andrew, that was it? Whatever?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm sorry. I mean, if you want, like, I'll fight you for something else. So apologizing is not good. Now you're doing the thing. No, no, no, now, you the one always got his pangle in arms up.
Speaker 1: He did just he just whipped up a little panglin arms though. Did you see it? He went like this, You can't see what I'm doing, but it's kind of t rexy anyway. No, here's the problem.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: I always say this, if people just take accountability for what happened and say sorry, you have to move on. You can't keep sucking them up. I was hoping for a lie or a pivot or it's not my fault because I didn't get any of that. So when somebody just says like, oh I fucked up, let's move on, then you gotta move on. Boo.
Speaker 5: Sorry, did I just ruin your show once again? Okay?
Speaker 1: Oops, that's fine. We'll have doctor Brad back in because he's cool.
Speaker 5: Ok sorry again, Okay, bye.
Speaker 1: See that little voice? Fuck you?
Speaker 3: Hey, bye.
Speaker 1: Bye, Andrew.
Speaker 3: I have a great podcast.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's get to the ask me anything since Andrew just ruined it all. Mama Mony Cat no, Mama Monica. T oh maybe that.
Speaker 2: Okay, anyway, Mama, she wants to know where is your next vacation exotic destination.
Speaker 1: Ooh, that is a great question. Vacationing one of my favorite things to do. And as you hear this podcast, our show is currently on vacation, which means I am in Mexico with my boyfriend and a bunch of his friends and hopefully I'm having a good time. But who knows? These people are crazy? Well, I hope so what. There are two of his best friends from when he was in the military, and these dudes like tu Porta, and they're bringing their significant others and I don't really know any of them, so this is kind of gonna be my first time meeting them. Pray for me, Diamond, Pray for me. You're gonna have a good time. Are you a good time? I'm here? Why are you here?
Speaker 2: Because I couldn't plan a trip around this time because all of my friends are working, so I was like, I don't really know what to do. It's okay, don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: So you're just gonna be making money.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 1: You hear that sound? Diamond making money? It was very similar to your flame. Love it, okay? If they want to find you online, where do they find you?
Speaker 2: At Diamond Sincere and then on Twitter or x whatever at Diamond Sincere with an underscore.
Speaker 1: And I am at Baby Hot Sauce. Please feel free ask any questions like, subscribe, follow, leave a review, but only if you like us, and we'll be back next week, hopefully with the podcast. Andrew has not ruined. Okay, bye bye