Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jettie and no Hee Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: An etiquette expert, is saying that the proper way to eat cereal is with a spoon in one hand and a fork in the other. The fork is to attack anyone that comes from me, lucky charms.
Speaker 4: What that's a funny odd joke, wold funny ha ha and funny strange.
Speaker 2: I like the punchline, but I don't understand the setup. So why would you eat your cereal with a knife?
Speaker 5: And of what? I can't imagine?
Speaker 2: I got a trio Iranian stories. One Terran just announced that they have plenty of more surprises to come. I don't think you do. I really for a war. I don't think you do. I think you a bnymore surprises to come.
Speaker 5: Don't away, We'll be right back.
Speaker 2: We decided to wait until everyone's dead and we're really destroyed and we have no air defense before we unleash our secret surprise, because that makes perfect sense that you would do that. Another one Trump has said, are you following the story with the Iranian national women's soccer team, you know that story. So they apparently signaled in a picture, please help us or something. I didn't quite understand, some sort of hand signal in the picture rescue US. And Trump has said he has spoken to the Australian Prime Minister about giving the Iranian national women's soccer team asylum. I guess they're in the country and like, don't ship them back to Iran.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I just saw that headline.
Speaker 2: Hadn't been following it because they had spoken out against the regime, which is a scary thing to do. I mean, for real, they can't go back. No, no, absolutely, absolutely not. And then the other Iranian story, Fox is reporting that British Prime Minister Carr Starmer is facing weak and uncooperative labels from both sides of the pond as the US UK alliance is in tatters. One of the closest relationships on planet Earth since the end of World War Two that has helped keep the world order is in tatters over this. He's gonna go soon. He's got he's barely got a double digit approval rating in his own country over things that hadn't you know started before this ward and started then he's uncooperative.
Speaker 4: That week act Mark Carney? Is it Mark up in Canada? Not thinking of the Germans? That's yeah, anyway, Carney, he supported the strikes and now he's condemning them since he's so bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was watching uh, I was listening to NPR today and they were talking about the global order and everything like that, and they were right in that it is less set now than it has been in a very very long time, all that sort of thing. But I feel like every time the United States flexed its muscles to try to restore global order or police the world, that crowd would attack it, you know, for belligerance and heegendomy or whatever the hell? And where do you get off telling other countries how to live? But if you don't do that, then the world order falls apart. It's also our fault. It's our fault no matter what. That's one of the problems with being the big dog. No matter what happens, it's your fault.
Speaker 4: I just came across the story of another progressive prosecutor who refuses to prosecute gun crimes or gun enhancements. Aren't the progressives the left constantly calling for more stricter gun laws, and yet they won't enforce.
Speaker 5: It as similar anyway.
Speaker 4: So this is what was meant to be, just to tease to what we're talking about later is taking a chunk of the segment.
Speaker 5: But I think we still have time for this.
Speaker 4: It's funny that I should come across is because I had a really interesting conversation about it with some business people yesterday. It's a piece by a psychologist or a professor of psychology who specializes in workplace psychology, productive psychology, that sort of thing, and she writes, well, the headline is I should tell you a new loss generation why gen Z is unprepared for the workplace. Young employees don't often don't make the skills they need to navigate organizations. Leaders should first understand the problem and then figure out how to fill the gaps.
Speaker 2: Too much, and when they're not watching poor in they're playing video games.
Speaker 5: This is not helping.
Speaker 4: This is just trying to understand it from the perspective of an employer, because you got to preserve productivity, efficiency, that sort of thing, and you got all these weird kids coming in, you got to figure out how to get them to work.
Speaker 5: Anyway.
Speaker 4: I love this angle she starts with because I hadn't I had underestimated. One aspect of human psychology says the workplace can be a tricky place to navigate. Almost everything we do at work, identifying the experts, managing tough feedback from a boss, figuring out how to work in teams made up of different personalities comes down to our ability to manage relationships, and to do so, we need savvy social skills. Most employees acquire those skills over time by learning from their non work relationships, watching how colleagues behave in the office, and by seeing what happens when they stumble in their own workplace interactions.
Speaker 5: You live and learn.
Speaker 4: But the newest workplace generation gen Z is unlike anything we've seen through a combination of having fewer real world relationship experiences, spending their education years in remote environments, and learning to communicate largely through asynchronous methods like you know, texting or messaging or whatever. You're not a message, apply message, apply message reply in real time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know that you would your emotional intelligence would improve through texting? Probably not.
Speaker 4: These twenty somethings have missed opportunities to develop the skills needed to navigate the complex world of work. The result is that many are woefully unprepared for surviving, let her alone thriving in their jobs. And then she spells out And because we've got a fairly tight team here, I hadn't fully realized this, but it makes so much sense. We can already see what this means for both employees and the organizations that hire them. For one thing, young employees are struggling to fit into these organizations. There's a lot of turnover because new hires who don't acclimate don't last. What's more, whether they're pushed out or leave willingly, younger employees often go without a go without a clear sense of what went wrong.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, so they'll never get better.
Speaker 4: So they couldn't interpret the dynamics of the workplace, so they sure as hell can't interpret why it didn't work. And those who do stay often find the experience unfulfilling and frustrating, while their bosses are at loss wondering why the new workers just don't get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if something is just not working out, so you get rid of somebody because it's you know, just not working out. It's hard to nail down, you know, explain to a person exactly why it didn't work out. Look, you just you weird people out, nobody understands you, or it's just not working out, whatever, and so it'd be hard to grow from.
Speaker 5: That, right right.
Speaker 4: Indeed, So this gal gets into a couple of factors and I think she may overestimate them a little bit, and she completely leaves out the big one. But a couple of things. First of all, the percentage of gen Z that reaches adulthood having had even one romantic relationship, it's declined from seventy five percent pretty consistently for previous generations to fifty six percent. So rounding it's it's a twenty percent drop. And she points out and this made me think back to my previous relationships. These experiences matter in a lot of ways. Early relationships teach us basic social competencies, how to express emotions, how to cooperate, how to forgive, how and when to compete, all skills we use at work and as adults. There's a direct link between the ability to communicate well with the romantic partner and the ability to do the same with a coworker or boss, which is interesting.
Speaker 2: Then she goes into online people.
Speaker 4: That's the point on weird online education experiences and how different that is from previous generations. I think we can all understand that. You know, the one thing she leaves out that I'm very very surprised by. And I had a long, interesting conversation, as I mentioned with some business leaders about this yesterday, the incredibly rich learning experience that is free range childhood. And we were talking about specifically when we'd be turned loose in the morning after we did, you know, our chores or whatever we had to do, especially on Youla wends and summer days or whatever, and we would not go home until the dinner bell rang, or until the street lights went on, or whatever it was. Your queue you had to go home again, and your parents might ask you a little bit where you were. But I mean, you certainly didn't have to give an hour by our accounting, no, And we were agreeing that one of the richest experiences we had had in our entire lives was playing specifically, and this is what has been lost in the modern era. This is not the first time we've talked about it, but I think it is. It is so massively important. Everybody ought to be familiar with this concept. You invent a game with one or more friends. Maybe it's a bunch of you, maybe it's you have variations of the rules of baseball, for instance, because you've got a few people and you're playing in a square backyard or whatever. You invent a game, You invent the rules, You adjudicate all the disputes yourselves. You learn about people who will work with you, those who won't with you work with you. You learn about what strategy works for convincing people you have a good idea and which ones fail. If you had fifteen college educations, you could not learn as much as you learned on your summer days doing that. And we're denying kids the opportunity to do that. It is neglect or well, like I said, yes, neglect. It's like you're not feeding them almost as terribly as if you did not feed them food in my opinion, and kids are missing that when they get to the workplace.
Speaker 2: I think food is worse. But I see your point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I mean, obviously, if somebody starves to death, really about play that card for about three days, right, right, But when you look at the modern workplace, Okay, we've got to accomplish something together. He and I. I disagree, but I value them. I've got to do it in a diplomatic way. I don't feel real strongly about this, but I do feel very strongly about that. And by the way, I've negotiated that process one hundred and fifty times by.
Speaker 5: The time I'm sixteen, compared to the constantly supervised veal Calf kids.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the good news. Finally AI is going to wipe out all the jobs, so nobody will ever have to do that.
Speaker 4: Oh, that reminds me. Got a great email and I was hoping to get to it at some point. Don't have time for it now, but maybe next segment.
Speaker 5: I don't know. We'll talk about it from Ryan and Sacramento.
Speaker 4: AI is going to take all the jobs I wish.
Speaker 5: Why don't I pay this off after the break?
Speaker 2: Okay, I love that topic.
Speaker 4: So yeah, yeah, work, I mean you talk about a universal Yeah, until the warm embrace of collectivism takes over.
Speaker 2: Oh, we got to talk about mom, Donnie and what you said about his wife and then attack outside of residence over the weekend. Was he's an Islamianist? Was it isis inspired this attack? That's what they're saying now, Wow, that'd be a pretty big deal. AnyWho stick around.
Speaker 4: What do you do if you're a progressive women's organization in New York City on National Women's Day or International Women's Day and you want to celebrate it by letting out all your outrage at Trump in the modern world?
Speaker 5: Do you do this?
Speaker 4: Why are the birth rates calling? I think, I know, God, that's more than enough.
Speaker 2: Are people that do therapeutic screams or that sort of thing, and then there are people that like, have jobs and raise kids.
Speaker 5: Right, there's very little overlap.
Speaker 2: I'm very little overlap.
Speaker 4: It's worth mentioning her dog is there and just freaking out idiots. Got this note from Ryan in Sacramento. We were talking about AI as we do a lot, and how it's going to eliminate all the jobs, as jab Jack mentioned, and we have gone on and on about how if you deny people purpose and you know, a reason to get up in the morning, they will actually be miserable and become drunks and drug addicts and not become happy poets or whatever.
Speaker 5: Who's going to read your poetry?
Speaker 4: Everybody's writing poetry anyway, Let's see, So Ryan writes, Joe has joked that he's afraid he'll be the last human to die right before humanity unlocks the key to immortality.
Speaker 5: That's true, right, I.
Speaker 4: Haven't said that for a long time, but yeah, that's my greatest fear.
Speaker 5: Thanks for reminding me.
Speaker 4: My fear is that I will be the last human or generation of humans obligating to work for a living. You both have expressed the need for purpose we all seem to share, and I agree on that point. Why must that purpose be tied to a meaningless job. I work in a blue collar environment of about fifteen hundred employees, and there's something we all want to be anywhere else. I don't know about their motivations, but for myself, the obligation to show up and punch the clock for eight, ten or twelve hours a day is what prevents my pursuit of unprofitable fulfillments, you know, hobbies for psychopaths that would be like to show up somewhere and do meaningless labor. Oh, for psychopaths that would like to show up somewhere and do meaningless labor for hours and days on end. I wouldn't stand in their way to the suggestion of do something else. There's not a job on this earth that I want to be obligated to devote the majority of my time in life too. I'd be shocked if that was a minority opinion. Big However, for all the boasting that day, I will provide the pathway to universal high income, I don't really believe in it. Private businesses may become enriched by the use of AI and Jack You've made this times, but they aren't going to become absurdly altruistic. The idea of government's confiscating and distributing wealth is both repugnant and historically catastrophic.
Speaker 5: I guess I'll keep clocking in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they always skip that part, but a.
Speaker 5: RTS keep returning those sausages. Thank you, Ryan.
Speaker 2: To the whole we need a job to have a sense of purpose thing that we talk about. I have heard that described as you know you have job fulfillment privilege. Yes, a lot of people, and I've worked jobs like this. I've worked jobs that you lay there on a Sunday night and think, I don't know if I can do this another week because it is not only not fulfilling, it's just awful. There's nothing you like about it. The only thing you're getting out of it is a paycheck and maybe insurance. The only thing everything I was about, you hate it. So the idea that, oh no, AI's going to take that away from me and I won't have a purpose anymore. Yeah, shut up?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 4: When I was standing there in an aisle of a store, because if I was caught sitting, I'd be fired waiting for a customer, any customer to need anything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was not super fulfilling.
Speaker 2: And the idea of that going away going to have a negative effect on your life. Shut up?
Speaker 4: Oh no, right, Yeah, that's a good point, Ryan, Thank you for you know, I try really hard to think about stuff like that as we're doing the show and getting ready for the show.
Speaker 5: All right, in what.
Speaker 4: Ways am I an outlier and not not have those blind spots? But that's a you know what, that was a bit of spanking, Ryan, and well administered.
Speaker 2: So CBS at least is reporting they are investigating that incident outside of Mayor Mumdanni's house as an ISIS aspired inspired attack.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think, yeah, I've seen that more.
Speaker 2: It would be a pretty big deal if there was an anti Muslim demonstration completely peaceful and Isis said we ain't having that and sent somebody, holy crap.
Speaker 4: Mom, Donne's and Islamist as well as a communist. He's and Islammunist, and I'm sure I have a good idea whereas sympathies lie, particularly by some of his statements.
Speaker 2: Got a lot more on that and other stuff on the way. If you missed a segment, get the podcast arm Strong and Getty.
Speaker 1: On demand Armstrong and Getty. The NYPD says this device, about the size of a football, wrapped in black tape with nuts, bolts, and screws along with the fuse, was indeed an improvised explosive device world at New York City Mayor Zorra Mandani's residence. The incident unfolding outside Gracie Mansion Saturday during dueling protests, including one led by far right anti immigration figure Jake Lang and a larger group of counter protesters, and one of those suspects, Police say, an eighteen year old lit and threw one of those devices toward a police barrier. Two suspects, both from Pennsylvania, arrested at the scene. They told investigators they watched ISIS videos and confronted Jake Lang's protests in defensive Muslims.
Speaker 2: I feel like that report and a lot of them, really did not do a good job of making it clear who was violent and who was not. A lot of the reports over the weekend were anti Muslim protests, sparks violence. Yeah, sparked violence by the people that showed up on the side of the Muslim extremists and throw a bomb, not the anti Muslim crowd, which you know, I don't agree. I wouldn't go to an anti Muslim protest probably either, but far right anti Muslim protest. Then Abamba was not making it clear in that report who exactly threw the bomb. It was the isis inspired crowd that showed up and said you aren't going to protest Islam in my town and had a bomb.
Speaker 4: Well, right, the New York Post editorial board, actually I know nothing about this Jake Lang, guy whose tiny band of misfits were quote unquote demonstrating against Muslims.
Speaker 2: Well, he's a January sixth guy who got pardoned by Trump.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, all right, Well, anyway, the harshness with which the New York Post editorial board views him, I will take their word for it. But even that being said, the irony of guy comes out and says, you know, Islam is a religion of violence and oppression, and somebody throws firebombs at him for it.
Speaker 5: There's a little iron.
Speaker 2: Well, as he was being arrested, he was yelling to media around it, and the cops notice who got violent? It wasn't us who got violent. It wasn't us, which I thought was a pretty decent point, right right to yelling at achbar, likely inspired by ISIS isis.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no kidding.
Speaker 4: So New York Post writes, Oh, they're actually what they're concerned about is Zora and Mumdani came out and condemned violence at a protest, and the Post says, Madanni can't just condemn violence at a protest. Now that the key facts are out about Saturday's chaos near Gracie Mansion, the Mayor's residence, he needs to call out where the threats of violence come from and denounce them.
Speaker 5: Well, I'll just finish.
Speaker 4: We know that those were genuine explosive devices hurled by Isis loving radicals, people seduced by evil that exists within Gotham's own Muslim community, and the mayor should name the poison plaguing his co religionists, and the madness among his democratic socialist allies that mourns the killing of a monster like Ali Kameini. We can get into that in a little bit if we want. But yeah, if for instance, it had gone the other way, that there was some up with islam gathering encounter demonstrators showed up and hurled bombs at the Muslims. Do you think their ideology would be left out by mister Mumdani when he was condemning it.
Speaker 5: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: That is an oversight, oversight, That is an omission so egregious it ought to make everybody stop and say, oh, I see what's going on here? Can you imagine in leaving out the ideology of clan members if they are the ones chuck in bombs that's what Mumdani did.
Speaker 5: Yikes, yeh. Then they make the point.
Speaker 4: What can truly make a difference is calling out the people who seem to be on your side but aren't. The ones who claim that Islamic values support attacks on innocence, who deny the mass rapes and other crimes of supposed freedom fighters, who pretend that the anti imperialist cause requires sympathy for terror promoting tyrants. And then they say, Mumdanni ought to come out in favor of anti Semitism, protect the rights of worship of all New Yorkers, side with the vast Saints Center in New York City, mister mayor, and make it plain you recognize toxic eight on every extreme.
Speaker 2: So one of the teen bomb chuckers put on the ground by the cops and hauled off, gave a hand gesture that some say is a isis hand gesture. I don't only had one finger up in the air. That can be all kinds of different things, because I mean just a lot of times the other side of this when they've said, you know, white supremacists and gesture, it's just like.
Speaker 4: What there are gang signs a thing. But sometimes a wave is not a Nazi salute.
Speaker 2: Hits a wave right, or sometimes just any flourish of the hands, not a particular you catch it at the right moment from the right angle, two fingers up and one down is clearly in league with the Confederacy or something damn Rabs. But so maybe maybe it was an isis hand sign, but not a surprising story. I've got my favorite pole lever. That's come out that we should get to.
Speaker 4: Let me finish this off just by pointing out the Democratic Socialists of America have indeed come out against the killing of the Ayatola and how it's an outrage. This is going to end with a mass movement that puts an end to the war machine.
Speaker 5: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: We have to create real cost for the warmongers for killing Islamic extremists. And maybe we'll get into this a little more tomorrow. But I was reminded of this. I came across this. This is how it works, the you know, the eternal omnik cause where if you're a you know, bisexual, transgender, amputee, Hispanic, you've got to be in favor of militant eskimo whatever. Everybody's got to be on the same side, always to overthrow Western civilization.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: Well, this is this is somebody who's involved in a different story. The person who formed helped form the Armed Queers of Salt Lake City.
Speaker 2: What was the.
Speaker 5: Headline involved here?
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter, take too long to reset, but anyway, Armed Queers Salt Lake City joins people all over the world and expressing how solidarity with Palestinian people as they struggle for liberation against the many decades of occupation violence, partip.
Speaker 5: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: We must be in full support of the right of resistance and be critical of any argument insisting the Palestinian struggle is equally as violent as issue. Okay, here's where it gets into the interesting part. We must also be critical of any pinkwashing tactics that co opt the struggles of gender oppressed people in order to further advance anti Palestinian efforts and recognize that the colonial history and present against Palestine has been responsible for some of the most barbaric forms of violence against women and queer people. There's only one side to support, the side seeking freedom from colonial force, and we will not be made to believe that our side is the enemy.
Speaker 5: I will decode that for you.
Speaker 4: People are pointing out that the Palestinians and the Mullahs and all those people hang gay people in public, they throw them off buildings, they will rape a woman to death for being a lesbian, blah blah blah. Don't listen to those arguments. There's only one side, the anti colonial side. They're trying to co opt the suffering blah blah and turn us against each other. Don't let them do that. And the loyal Marxists say, oh, that's a clever tactic by the colonial forces. I'm not falling for that. They throw gaze off building stuff, and that's how they reconcile queers for Palestine. I'd never seen it spelled out like that.
Speaker 2: So we've got quite a poll where they've got the net favorability ratings of some unpopular things. The Democrats finish below, Ice below, Trump below everybody on the list, but Iran. It's an NBC poll, so it's not like it's you know, I don't know, right wingy, right winger. It's NBC. We'll get to that next segment. This is breaking football news. Though. Travis Kelcey is going to sign a one year contract with the Kansas City Chiefs. He'll be back for his fourteenth year. So the news earlier today was he's coming back for another year. Might not be the Chiefs clearly his agent put that out there as they are in the final throes of their deal. Maybe he won't play for the Kansas City Chiefs. We have lots of options out there, and the Chiefs thought he makes us at least that much more money being on the team. So sure, the mustachioed Taylor Swift fiance, I'll bet, I'll bet he's worth a lot. I'm sure they've got it. Kind of a number on that, but you know, eight home games or nine or ten depending on preseason or postseason, and a good chunk of them Taylor Swift's there and all the attention that that gets you and everything like that. But there's a lot of money in that.
Speaker 5: Well, they get a half time.
Speaker 4: Will he get married at halftime? No, No, he will not. That would be make a mockery of the NFL. Michael, what about the sainct didy of the game.
Speaker 2: Getting married one of the endless? Got it? Take a look at that call and see if it stands. Get married during that There's plenty of time. He's mustachioed. Now. By the way, in case you're wondering this poll that isn't thank you, this poll up today that is uh not good news for the Democratic Party among other things. On the way, stay.
Speaker 5: Here something that you love.
Speaker 2: It's not family or friends I love. And I'm just saying this because it's on my mind. The trans children who.
Speaker 3: Showed up yesterday at the state Capitol to advocate.
Speaker 2: For their humanity. They shouldn't have to, but it was an inspiration to watch. There you go. So that's that weird. A minister Democratic dude down in Texas, James tallerco know them by name, ask name something you love, or their family and friends. The trans children that showed up to my event, all right.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, kids that have been browbeaten and convinced that they're trans.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 2: This might be part of why the Democratic Party has a lower net favorability rating than Republicans, Trump, Ice, or really anything but around currently. And this is an NBC poll, so they do the overall net rating. That's where you take your positive rating minus your negative rating and come up with the number. For instance, on Trump, he's got a minus twelve. He's fifty three negative, forty one positive for a minus twelve. Not great the rebel Republican parties minus fourteen. Ice, which has been beaten up by the media just endlessly, is pretty low with a minus eighteen, but not as bad as the Democratic Party. Democrats had thirty percent positive or somewhat positive, fifty two percent negative or somewhat negative for a minus twenty two. More. The Democratic Party is more unpopular than Ice nationally. Isn't that amazing? I mean, that's really quite amazing. You wouldn't think that'd be possible. By the way, only Iran has a lower rating than that. Iran is at UH minus fifty three something like that.
Speaker 4: It's it's gonna be tough to bounce back from. Yeah, yeah, they got some work to do. Eight percent positive sixty one percent negative. They do have some work to do pr wise, to try to get back into the plus column.
Speaker 5: Make that a priority.
Speaker 2: Why do you think the Democratic Party is rated so low in a country that they're off evenly split?
Speaker 4: Uh, there are a lot of reasons to dislike them, the ideological.
Speaker 2: Why our elections are so close, You would think it would be Republicans and Democrats would be closer together.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I think, well, there's definitely the hold your nose and vote for dot dot dot factor for both parties.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 4: I think for Democrats it's it's much more significant than for Republicans, because for Republicans it's hold your nose and vote maybe for Trump though you don't like.
Speaker 5: His manner and we've all gone over this a million times.
Speaker 4: With the Democratic Party, it's like hold your nose and vote in spite of the fact that they're advocating policies you find loathsome. But you don't like Republicans either.
Speaker 2: It's hard to hold your nose and vote for a crowd that pretends that operations for trans children makes sense, or or health for taxpayer, health care for illegals makes sense.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it come on.
Speaker 2: Ooh, looking at a little clip that they're doing a feature on Lindsay Vaughn in her effort to be able to walk again at some point.
Speaker 5: Or lord, oh lord, that.
Speaker 2: Was a miscalculation.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and it seemed like a terrible idea too, skiing on the busted ACL.
Speaker 2: She looks like watching her work out, she might have that Michael Phelps problem, the famous swimmer. They just have been working out ten hours a day their whole life. They don't really know how to not do that. Yeah, what do you do every day if you're not in the gym working out ten hours a day?
Speaker 4: Yeah, A lot of professional athletes, especially the super elite ones, it's incredibly dislocating. It's amazing when they stopped doing what they do.
Speaker 2: Got a couple of examples that just happened to randomly come across recently. They asked Derek Cheater, famous New York Yankee, they had something at the end of the season, said you miss baseball? He said, no, not really, not at all. This is over us, ready to be done. You know some people are like that. It's like, yeah, I did it for a while and that was fun, but I'm ready to do something else now. Yeah, some people just can't imagine their lives without it. Huh. It depends on I are built, I guess.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm lucky I don't have that problem.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, huh.
Speaker 2: So everybody in the world is going to be watching the stock market, in particularly the oil market over the next twenty four hours or so. And Trump, and with the help of Lindsay Graham, warning Israel, hey, don't be blown up their refineries. That's not going to help get the people on our side. And Trump is sending Jared Kushner and Witkoff to meet with bb Net and Yahoo tomorrow. I assume with that message louder than anything else, don't be attacking their water facilities or the oil facilities when don't be driving the regular person, the regular arraigning away from us. So we'll see where that goes.
Speaker 4: I thought that message from Lindsay Graham that you read earlier was really on point.
Speaker 5: It was really well crafted.
Speaker 4: It's like, hey, that's going to be necessary to bring peace and prosperity to the new or on when it happens, So let's not go overboard and the whole.
Speaker 5: You know, they need oil to power their missiles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I tell you what, why don't we crush all their missiles and launchers and the guys who launch them and leave the oil alone for now?
Speaker 5: So it's good to get on the same page.
Speaker 2: BB might not be on that page. He might think, this is my one chance in my life. And I'm an old man and I've been fighting these people since I was a kid. I Am going to take them all out this region, total ruin. With some concern that Trump at any day could decide, you know, this is gas prices. I'm looking at the polls. People aren't digging this. We're done. Biebe might be thinking that he could pull the plug at any moment. I'm gonna take this chance while I've got it. I might have days left of this.
Speaker 4: He saw what happened to the opposition in Venezuela when Trump ended the fight said yeah, I've made a deal with the old dictators.
Speaker 5: We're good now, and.
Speaker 4: The oppositions like, uh, wait a minute, wait a minute, right now, they're on the sideline.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Israel won't really be in a position to continue this war if we decide we're done politically, be a different kettle of fish for him. Yeah, flying thoughts, we're not strong, Eddy, you'll get the facts. They're sharp insteady.
Speaker 5: Tune in to Marc, don't you for Eddy?
Speaker 2: For more from on Strong and Yet. I really like that. Whoever made that? I think that's fantastic, very musically. Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getting I've never thought of myself as steady anyway.
Speaker 4: Oh, let's get a final thought from everybody on the crewd wrap things up for the day. There is our technical director pressing the buttons, Mike Langelow.
Speaker 5: What's your final thought, Michael?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jack, you talked about falling on a scooter.
Speaker 4: I think about twenty years ago I gave up the skateboard and the scooters just for that reason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got to bring up I was gonna talk a little bit about that during the One More Thing podcast.
Speaker 5: Oh you didn't hear it?
Speaker 4: Something to look forward to download it wherever you get podcasts Katie Green or a Steve us Woman.
Speaker 2: As a final thought, Katie Mine's along that same story. If anybody got that on video, please send it. Not sharing your pain, but please send it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Please. Finally embarrassing Jack final thought for us. Yes, I did have a piece of birthday cake with my son on his birthday. I'll tell you what. There is something very wrong about sitting there on one of my kids few birthdays that I got, left with them in my house and staring at them while they eat cake and not doing the thing. That's just not right. That's not right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you sat down to break bread with them and said I don't like bread.
Speaker 5: No you can't.
Speaker 2: No, no, no.
Speaker 4: You're breaking cake as it were. I love cake. My final thought is I love I never eat it, but I love cake.
Speaker 2: No one should ever eat cake. It is doing.
Speaker 4: People ask do you like cake better pie? I say yes, yeah, I prefer pie, but I will eat cake. I don't like the frosting though, too much.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and yetty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 4: I don't appreciate your anti cake hake. All right, let's be let's wrap up what so many people to thanks.
Speaker 2: A little time.
Speaker 4: Go to armstrong a yeddy dot com, tell them about the podcast, drop us no mail bag at armstrong yedda dot com. Pick up some a g swag. How about the f yolickin party if you're tired of both the major parties.
Speaker 5: It's a fine t shirt. It's got an egal on it.
Speaker 2: We'll see tomorrow. God bless America. I'm strong and getty, and maybe they should.
Speaker 4: It's about the message, not the corpse per se. But anyway, here's Jesse June. I'm sorry the dearly departed. That's probably a more delicate time. I'm the funeral and you say, where's the corpse. I want to go check out the corpse. No I don't.
Speaker 5: And I take your criticism in a manly fashion. Thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm armstrong and getty.