Speaker 1: Kabbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old republic, a sol fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto cutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: The Clearinghouse of Hot takes break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Mallard starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the A.
Speaker 3: Everywhere, The Fifth Hour with Ben Mahler and Danny g Radio. It's an NFL Sunday, Well, it was actually an NFL Saturday. Also, we had three NFL games yesterday. We got a bunch more today as we head into the stretch run of the NFL season. But you have nothing to worry about this weekend, Danny, because your team won back on Thursday, so there's nothing for you to worry about. But it is the Fifth Hour, My Rams. I'll be at the Rams game later today. They're playing the Washington football team formerly known as the Redskins.
Speaker 4: That's a w for you.
Speaker 3: You better be better be at w I'm guessing my guy Magic Johnson will be making the rounds, shaking hands, taking photos, kissing babies and all that. Right, isn't that Magic will be out there doing his thing.
Speaker 4: They should go back to redskins like logo racist, but instead of the Indian face, it should be Magic smiling his face.
Speaker 3: The okay, yeah, I don't like the name they have now is stupid.
Speaker 4: The command Oh, I don't like it either. Should be the Commandos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's what they do in their private time, the Commandos. But they got to come up with a better name than that, just dopey. Anyway, I will be at that game, So if you're out there today, send me a message on the socials. If I see it, I'll try to say hello. So I look forward to that. I haven't been to a game in like a week or a couple of weeks. Been a couple of weeks since I've been been out there schmoozing. But today on the podcast, it's the mail Bag. Before we get to the mail bag, though, we must first get to Pop goes the culture. So let's strike up the band with our friend. I hope he's in a better mood now, our guy, ohio al.
Speaker 4: John John.
Speaker 1: So here we go.
Speaker 3: Pop goes to the culture as some random stories that happened within the last week or so. That caught my attention that we did not mention on my show, The Overnight Show. So I saw this story that came out involving Netflix that's gotten a lot of attention this week. And Netflix, who has always protected the data on who's actually watching the show. They've always protected this like it's a state secret. They don't want anyone to know the information. Well, now for some reason they've decided, okay, we'll release some of this information. So I was reading in one of the trade papers, I think it was a Hollywood reporter.
Speaker 1: They had a big.
Speaker 3: Story about it was inside the Netflix data trove, And so they started snooping around and digging into the grass and all that stuff into the rough, and they determined there are ten thousand Netflix programs that almost no one watched that are there and nobody almost no one clicked on it, no engagement, and they just put these shows up and but nobody watched them, almost ten thousand shows.
Speaker 4: Now is this just so they can have a complete library of programs available.
Speaker 3: I look at it like a good deli, a good Jewish deli. You go to a good deli, it's you only have these I don't know. If you've been to Canters in La. They are massive menu, right, massive manuon or kind of like the cheese keke Factory, those restaurants that have massive menus. I'm convinced many of the items no one orders that there's It's kind of like the old thing that you say about cable television, where you get two hundred channels, but most people only watched like thirteen or fourteen channels.
Speaker 1: At the most. I think it's even less than that. I forget what the number was, but it's like less than that.
Speaker 3: And so just because you have a lot of variety does not mean that you're going to be It's impossible to watch a lot of that stuff anyway. I want to know what the show that no one watched was. There's got to be a They say ten thousand shows had almost no viewers.
Speaker 1: I want to know the names. They did say.
Speaker 3: The Office is still a massive hit, they said outside the US, people love it globally.
Speaker 1: They can't get enough of the Office, which is off the air for many, many years. All right, what is next we have?
Speaker 3: Well, this is from social media on x Elon Musk had a hissy fit recently and a bunch of big corporations said we're done, We're not advertising on your platform. And so they've estimated now the sports business and sports business, the business people, not just sports business. They claim that that move, the advertising pullback, cost Elon Musk's social media platform one point five billion dollars one point five billion in lost advertise.
Speaker 1: Mind boggle. But then Elon Musk is worth.
Speaker 4: Like what is he worth?
Speaker 3: Ten billion or something like some ridiculous amounts, some insane amount of money.
Speaker 1: What else? On pop gost to culture? How about this one?
Speaker 3: Somebody on a airplane made his way from Russia to Los Angeles. The shocking part of this is not the plane landed from Russia to LA. The shocking part, according to The Guardian, is this guy did not have a passport. What Yeah, a Russian man traveled from Europe to LA without having a passport, flying his own plane. Now he was flying, he was flying skinned the Navian airlines on This happened in early November, and according to the tabloid, the London tabloid, there he was carrying Israeli and Russian identification and a phone and he had no idea how he ended up on the flight in the first place.
Speaker 4: Say, what something fishy going on here?
Speaker 3: Somebody either he's lying or he got drugged or something like that.
Speaker 4: He took a.
Speaker 1: Twelve hour flight and didn't realize what happened.
Speaker 4: Remember how Jason Bourne couldn't remember things. Yeah, maybe maybe this guy's a spy.
Speaker 3: Could be guy told the FBI that he's employed in Russia as a PhD in economics and marketing.
Speaker 4: I'm not a numbers guy, but that doesn't seem to add up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he is now facing a federal charge of being a stowaway. Claim to the FBI, he does not remember the sequence of events leading him on a flight to.
Speaker 1: America.
Speaker 3: So all right, I guess he's in a La jail. That's a federal federal crime. And he's Russian, so not that he cares.
Speaker 4: He won't be in that jail for long. They're going to break him out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he'll be good, he'll be he'll be back in Russia before before you know, people waited.
Speaker 3: You see how long people were waiting for that in and out burger in Idaho that opened up.
Speaker 4: I would wait for the rush to be over if I lived there.
Speaker 1: But will the rush be over within the next two or three months that that could go on a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was gonna say, you'd probably have to wait for I don't know, four months for the shiny newness to wear off a little bit.
Speaker 1: Eh, that's crazy, man. I'm not a line waiter. I did when I was younger, but I don't wait on line for I can't wait online. Like when you're going to Disneyland.
Speaker 3: Are you prepared, Danny to wait online for a long long time?
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 4: No. We've actually used our ninety three year old grandmother's handicapped placard before for a theme park.
Speaker 1: What do you like, Andrew Bynum over there.
Speaker 4: I'm waiting to know, damn line Ben, just like you. No lines.
Speaker 1: I hate the lines.
Speaker 4: It chargs me this much money. I'm not waiting in a line for two hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then doesn't Disney now charge for what used to be free the fast pass thing?
Speaker 4: Yeah? And you know there should be some sort of privilege given to you if you have a ninety three year old relative.
Speaker 1: I guess now we're gonna hate mail. But here's the thing.
Speaker 4: Well, she's gonna be with us, but she's not going to go on the ride.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Oh yeah, she's with you. There you go, You're good to go.
Speaker 4: She'll get us on the front of the lines and then we'll wave to her while we're on the ride.
Speaker 1: Well that's perfect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I thought you were just going to take her placard and be like, Okay, see I have fun at the house.
Speaker 4: We're out here.
Speaker 1: Take the family on thunder Mountain and I'll see you later. Get out.
Speaker 4: You know, she loves the parade, so we usually take her so she could sit there like a vegetable and watch the parades.
Speaker 1: Wonder that's our future.
Speaker 4: Wonderful.
Speaker 1: Cannot wait. Anyway, I saw this. Several listeners actually sent this story.
Speaker 3: A whistleblower claims that a seamless metallic UFO was kept inside Area fifty one and they said that X rays could not penetrate it.
Speaker 2: Have big eyes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this was just hang out. They had it.
Speaker 3: They could press around with it and all that is. It could not penetrate what was inside this UFO an area fifty wor key Yeah, soll kinds of crazy crazy stuff out there. I'm convinced, I've said this before on this podcast, that the iPhone is alien technology. I am one hundred percent convinced that that came from recovered spacecrafts, and that's how it goes.
Speaker 1: Have you been to the Spear? You've not been to the.
Speaker 4: Spirit in Vegas, right, we've I haven't.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I saw that they're already planning on building MSG, which owns the Spear, is already planning on making two more of those around the world, at least two more, two international markets.
Speaker 4: And there's already gotten so much attention. I can see this being a big hit in other countries.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But if they're if they're pop up all over.
Speaker 4: The place, then well I don't think it's that easy obviously for them to pop up, because what did they spend like two billion dollars to make that thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was it was a ton of money.
Speaker 3: They were talking about, uh talks MSG would put a spear in the Abu Dhabi area. Well, they've got that oil money over there, right, so that's no problem.
Speaker 1: They could use that with interest.
Speaker 4: They have that live golf money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there's also talk of putting one in Korea. I'm guessing not North Korea though, I think just you know, the regular spot there South Korea, I think.
Speaker 4: We'd get that.
Speaker 1: But there you go. A couple of Spears and uh saw one of the.
Speaker 3: Story who's going to replace the The act is changing at the Spear here the residency is changing.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's gonna be Carrot Top.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with Penn and Teller no Ah. John Mayer has been linked to the Spear with that. That the reading for you, right?
Speaker 4: Oh way, I don't want to see John Mayer get out here.
Speaker 1: I have to wait. You don't have to wait to.
Speaker 4: I'd rather see Michael Mayor of the Raiders.
Speaker 1: Oh, there you go, or what's the guy that used to work at Fox Sports Radio, the Mayor producer?
Speaker 4: Get yeah, Mike Mayor, Mike Mayor.
Speaker 1: There you go, Mike Mayor.
Speaker 3: Let's get to the Uh well, we have backscratcher. We should do that and then we'll get to the mailback. So Backscratcher. These are our actual people that went online to post a review for this podcast.
Speaker 1: We thank you our bosses. They like this.
Speaker 3: It's very important you follow the podcast. But they also checked the reviews. So we'd like to get at least a couple every week, and we went about a month with none. But now people are starting to realize that we're pathetically begging and you're helping us out.
Speaker 1: We thank you. This week we have two reviews, Danny. Two reviews this week.
Speaker 3: The first one from Gates Lion, who says Ben and Danny, g you guys have a great podcast.
Speaker 1: You deserve great reviews.
Speaker 3: Management, however, I have a review for you. You are a one star. Back off having the guys plead for reviews. Oh no, just helpful, Danny, because they're gonna know.
Speaker 4: Management reads this stuff. We just talked about this last weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, well that was not helpful, sir. How dare you? And then we we have who else do we have here?
Speaker 4: Thank you for the five stars? But god again, it's the fight Club.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't talk about it.
Speaker 3: James and Arkansas rights and he says, happy holidays, gentlemen. This is a review on the podcast Bitch the Apple podcast Pitch.
Speaker 1: There's a link in the description. Danny put it up.
Speaker 3: He says, has a random thought when I was watching my Vikings dominate the Raiders dominate on Sunday with your podcast could use a note of encouragement. Unlike the Vikings offense without Kirk Cousins, your podcast never disappoints five stars only because they don't allow six, and then he wanted us to promote old miss basketball coach Chris Beard.
Speaker 1: Who let's get.
Speaker 3: To the mailbag. That means ohio Al is back one more time.
Speaker 5: It's mail bag, all right, thank you, ohio Al.
Speaker 3: These are actual letters by actual consumers of the product, people that enjoy the product enough to have sent in correspondence, which is kind of cool. The first one from Alf the Alien Opiners is Alf from the New Year. He writes, in, gentlemen, looking in to my crystal ball, it's time.
Speaker 1: It's that time of the year.
Speaker 3: It's time of the year when you go into the ben cave, recharge your batteries and write new rejoin copy for the show, he says.
Speaker 1: Question one, Will you be using hard words like dingy nexte?
Speaker 3: Yeah, famous famous story. A number of our coworkers did not know what a dinghy is. At least they didn't know how to spell dinghy or pronounce dinghy, which in many ways made them a dingy. Uh So, yeah, I try to mix it up. I've been doing these things, Alf, as you know, you've been with me a long time.
Speaker 4: I've been doing.
Speaker 3: They do these every year, and if we had a guy I don't know a producer or something like that that they would do it, but I ended.
Speaker 4: Up doing it. Wait, I thought Coop wrote this stuff.
Speaker 3: Hey, yeah, that's the ticket. Yeah yeah, he writes all of it. He writes to the monologues, the whole thing. So I do it once a year and I try to mix it up with different verbiage so it sounds somewhat fresh at least for the first month, and then by the end of the year you're ready for new new words.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure when I'm gonna do that.
Speaker 3: I'm not taking as much time off as I have in the past, a couple of days here and there. I'm not taking the full week like I have in the past because I still got to do the TV show and ALV Also, is this question two for you, gentlemen? Can you eliminate the part where you ask us to tag members of the crew in our tweets? Apparently some members of the Update staff are not fans of that copy and mute loyal followers as a result. I wonder who he's talking about things that make you go who hum? Could that be a Steelers fan he's talking about.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I have no idea, but thank you, al duly noted nuts.
Speaker 4: It rhymes with Freddy Farcia.
Speaker 3: Kevin in Kansas, right since, says dear Ben and Danny G. After watching Patrick Mahomey Patrick mahomes come unglued last week, it made me reflect on my own fusses go badly. Sometimes it doesn't take much for my short fuse to go off. Other times my fuse is really really long. What is something that happens in your life that will set you off pretty quick?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So I usually have one or two meltdowns a year, and that's it in terms of my fuse is pretty long. The thing that really annoys me is dumb drivers. I get really annoyed by that. Lately when I see people driving alone with their windows up wearing masks. That also annoys me for some reason, not that I do anything about it. I'm like, just how stupid could this person be? It just fascinates me that kind of thing.
Speaker 4: Everybody knows you get COVID by driving on the freeway.
Speaker 3: Ben, Yes, driving your Toyota with the windows up, you must wear a mask. It's very very important. So that just I just roll my eyes. I'm like, what are we doing here? But people that are bad drivers people that don't signal.
Speaker 1: When you're driving. I don't mind if you're going to cut.
Speaker 3: Me off, but at least signal, you know, at least signal that kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: What about you, Danny, Yeah, I'm like you. I don't have meltdowns very often. Only once or twice a day with Cavino, once with Rich when I'm in the nothing with that show except for their podcast. When I'm in the production studio and I am putting the podcast together. For those guys, there's this thing, this platform, this website where we have to load the podcast to the finished product to shoot out to the world, and there's times where when you're using it, it just spins and spins relentlessly. It will not load. And when that happened, and I want to go home, I want to have dinner, I want to see my kid when this is going on, and I can't leave the studio until I know that it's posted worldwide. And the same thing happens sometimes with this podcast. So I sit there and I have to stare at this thing spinning, and when that happens, I lose it. I realized that when I was in the studio on last Thursday, when the Raider game was on. I wanted to get home so I could see the second half of the game, and it was doing the stupid spinning thing, and I took my fist and I slammed it on the wood table in there.
Speaker 1: Take that for data.
Speaker 4: The whole studio shook, and I was like, oh, oh, I better be careful with these these meltdowns with the podcasts.
Speaker 3: That's that's completely reasonable. Those computers with the spinning wheel. That is like from the Devil's Play, that spinning wheel, right, I mean.
Speaker 4: He's so it is. It is. That is a living hell. You're right. If God really was the kind of God who wanted to punish you, he could sit you in front of an old Macintosh and for forever have a spinning wheel in front of you on the screen. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I also, and we've talked about this, I love when the system updates happen while I'm on the air in the middle of the night and I need to use the computer and I can't use it for forty five minutes to an hour because it's updating, and you can't turn it off, and you can't stop it once it starts.
Speaker 1: You're screwed.
Speaker 3: Next up on the mailbag, Mike and Fullerton says mule tied Greetings Ben and Danny g with Shoheo Tani coming to town. Have you tube been brushing up on your Japanese at all? There's going to be a lot of Japanese sponsorship opportunities for you guys, and I'd hate for you to miss out. And if you want to shout out that dope Firg dog on any versus the petty while picking a lowly Charger.
Speaker 1: Game, would be the time to do so.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, look at that, Mike, You want me to promote that Ferg dog guy. Well, the news is here that the Chargers did not make the show because they played on Thursday. And we still we have like one more one or two more airings today on s n Y and a couple other affiliates. But but duly noted, have you been brushing up on your Japanese?
Speaker 4: Danny there?
Speaker 1: Look at that? That's all you need, you know?
Speaker 4: While everybody else is buying the Otani jersey, I to get the Yamamoto jersey just so I could be different.
Speaker 1: How about did I get that right?
Speaker 3: Is that hell Owa racist?
Speaker 4: Okay? We did you know that would be a cool language to learn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got upset with a Coveno and Rich take by the way, Danny, I gotta I got.
Speaker 1: Upset with it.
Speaker 3: There was a promo that was running where and I forget which one of the gentlemen was.
Speaker 4: Is it Rich saying to work harder?
Speaker 1: Yes? Rich, you saw my flout us, you wanted my flout us?
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean tell me that's a douche take without I mean, come on, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: I think he was trying to push people's buttons with that.
Speaker 3: Okay, because you work harder so you can give the money to the dot.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, you know you work hard. You your wife.
Speaker 3: Worked harder because you want to go to Disneyland. It was a family experience and all that stuff. But irregular season game against I don't know, the Rockies on a Tuesday night. You got to work an extra job to afford to go to that.
Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 4: He ended that more reasonably by saying, would you rather have a middling pitcher get signed to your team or would you rather get a superstar and pay an extra dollar fifty for your hot dog? All right, from that point of view, I understand. So it's a dollar fifty more for a dog if I get to see the best player on the planet. Yeah, only if it's a dollar fifty. Then if they double the price, that's another story.
Speaker 3: Problem is they sign a guy every couple of years, so they keep adding a dollar fifty and every couple of years, here's the dollar fifty for Mookie Betts. Here's a dollar fifty for Freddy Freeman. Here's a dollar fifty for show. Hey Otani, all of a sudden, we're almost at five.
Speaker 4: Bucks unchallenged Dodger dog.
Speaker 3: Though, as good as Otani is, he is not good for our business. He's not a good SoundBite. He's not he purposely tries to. He's like, you know, he reminds me of Kawhi Leonard, what's wrong with your clippers? He doesn't like talking to the media. He doesn't want to. You don't really know much about him. We know more about Kawhi Leonard we do about Otani.
Speaker 4: No, you're right about this, because Rob G came in, who now produces The Odd Couple. One of the editors walked in and said, do you want any of the press conference stuff from Otani? And Rob G said no, it's a translator. And even what the translator is saying is boring.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you got the translator. That's the first hurdle you gotta climb. It's like a steeplechase. So that's the first hurdle. And then the other problem is what he as you reference what he says Otani is just sportscliche dot com. He's very polite. He's not a bad person. He's just a bad SoundBite.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's a good guy, which equals boring in our business. He's always going to say the right thing.
Speaker 3: Like I watched that that news conference, the opening news conference, and I'm looking for content, you know, I'm going around, I'm plowing trying to find some content.
Speaker 4: Now, Paul George, he's a douchebag.
Speaker 1: How dare you?
Speaker 3: So I'm watching this and there was not one thing that I found even remotely interesting. So my model that I did was just about how boring O'tani was. It's like, was like and then that whole bullshit story about oh Tony, we don't know the name of his dog because his dog may end up you know, you know, it might be the team they implied it was like the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: His dog was named Dodds.
Speaker 4: Stupid thing with having to find out everybody's name of their dogerff.
Speaker 3: Well, this is his name's decoy. It was decoy. I think it was decoy something like that.
Speaker 1: It was just it wasn't a team name, Like, what the hell? I ain't come on, Uh, what else do we have?
Speaker 3: Barry from South Carolina rights and he says, yo, yo ma, Benny and Danny g.
Speaker 1: Or Daddy geez, he calls you, daddy.
Speaker 3: I have been watching History channels the Toys that Built America? And who is on there as an expert commentator none other than Steve Covino. Why didn't they use Benny and how how do they choose those commentators?
Speaker 1: Did Danny Gino? Covino was doing.
Speaker 3: Are these new episodes or is this the old that's already aired back in the day?
Speaker 4: Oh no, this is the This is the latest season of that show.
Speaker 1: Is it back on?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's back gone for a new season. Covino has been a contributor to that show for a while. The way it started is they had an episode about the best cars of action shows, so it was like the a Team Van versus Kit from Night Rider. I guess the bit was Covino and Rich were on the air on their Serious XM show in the studio I forget it was like mister t or somebody like that in the studio, and David Hasselhoff was used for the bit riding in his car with Kit and he calls in to them on the show and they're talking to him as a caller and he's trying to tell them that night Rider is the best vehicle from eighties TV. So these people that run that show, they liked the guys. They especially like Covino's knowledge of eighty stuff and toys and stuff like that, and so they've signed him on to be a contributor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's cool. I know.
Speaker 3: I've done some of those documentary shows, and I think the first one, the first one I did was The Sports List with I was her name. She was an athlete and she hosted the show was on Fox Sports Network and that thing aired a lot. But what has happened, like everything else in this business, like you get that and then that leads to somebody else. One of the people that work on that show then does another documentary thing that popped up on a lot of those over the years. I just did one last year with Peyton Manning Peyton Manning documentary that was on What was that? I think the channel went out of business? Actually, uh was it Vice? Is Vice still around or did they?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I heard they went out of business.
Speaker 3: But it was a Vice documentary about football, and so I got dragged in that and done a few of those things. But yeah, that's cool. I'm not I did not know that show was back. So I will watch the toys that made us, right or is it the toys.
Speaker 4: That Yeah, the toys that built America America?
Speaker 1: What are the toys some of the.
Speaker 3: Toys don't give it away, but what are some of the toys that they reviewed?
Speaker 4: You know, they did a really good episode that we caught two weekends ago, and it was about board games, specifically that game, Trivial Pursuit.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, sure, yeah, played that one. I was good. Yeah.
Speaker 4: It was really interesting though, to watch these guys come up with these board games and then make it work, and then in their garage they put together the first few hundred of the games and then they had to go find ways to sell them. Man talk about starting from zero and then selling millions of them after it blows up. Great stories, great background to these board games we grew up with as kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, for sure, I'm gonna check that out.
Speaker 3: I'm glad we learned. I guess I should thank Barry. I didn't realize the show.
Speaker 1: I'm not really on Netflix much.
Speaker 3: I'm not like I have like hardly any downtime, and I've not been on Netflix.
Speaker 1: But I have a little bit, so I'll have to check that out.
Speaker 3: Next up, Scottie from Northern Kentucky rights in and I think we'll get out on.
Speaker 1: This, he says, Ben.
Speaker 3: I am your search for hard tacos or bringing tacos. I know a place in the Inland Empire. Oh, the ie Rosa Marias. They have hardshell tacos, and it sounds like you like them. There's a location right off the fifteen freeway here in SoCal, just a few exits from where you met the truck driver in the parking lot in Ontario. Well, thanks for reminding me of that. That's moving man, Matt. He blew me off at a hotel near lax.
Speaker 1: From Boston. Who was out here?
Speaker 4: Did what in an airport parking lot? No?
Speaker 1: No, I went to a big rig a truck stop. I met him at a truck stop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he says.
Speaker 1: I do have a question for both you, gentlemen.
Speaker 3: He says, since you both grew up in close proximity to Tijuana, do either of you have a crazy story.
Speaker 1: From a trip there.
Speaker 3: Most of us that grew up there pre nine eleven had some wild times down there.
Speaker 1: I love the show and podcast.
Speaker 3: Also, just to rub it in since I am now living in I'm from Newsom's California, but I live in northern Kentucky now. I paid at two dollars and sixty three cents per gas this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got gas.
Speaker 3: I think on Thursday after we recorded the TV show and I thought I was getting a deal.
Speaker 1: It was like four to twelve. I thought, boy, this is cheap at four to twelve.
Speaker 4: Gap where I live. I thought I was getting a great deal. When it was five oh five.
Speaker 1: God, I've noticed with I love Costco.
Speaker 3: I mostly get gas at Costco and even City to See because that's where I live. There's like there's like three Costcos that are kind of near where I live, so I have three options, but they all the prices are not the same because they add I guess there's city different city tax.
Speaker 1: That some cities have. I think.
Speaker 3: I think that's why it's more expensive in certain places. So you got to go on your stupid phone to find out who's got the cheapest price of gas.
Speaker 1: What a pain in the Bible.
Speaker 3: As far as Tijuana, uh, you know, my my Jewish mother told me as a kid to never go to Trijuana because you'll never come back, and blah blah blah blah blah. Sure she instilled the fear, the fear in me of not going to Tijuana. So even if I worked in San Diego when I was of age to enjoy all that in fort nine to eleven, I did not go to Tijuana at that time in my life when I worked at the mighty six ninety, mostly because my mom thought I would be kidnapped by vigilantes and that would be the end. Because you know, of course you kidnap the massive, tall, weird, fat guy. That's who you're kidnap. So what about you, Danny, any Tijuana stories from your younger days.
Speaker 4: No, but I did do some DJ gigs in my early twenties in other parts of Mexico, like next to the.
Speaker 1: Water port of i Order or something like that, port.
Speaker 4: Of Iarta Cobbos and Lucas nice. Yeah, some really good spots where people would have weddings and then I would DJ the wedding reception, get spoiled and lay in the sun and haint a lot of money, eat lots of seafood, and then come back home with E coli.
Speaker 1: Ben Oh, wonderful. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I had that experience in my early twenties where I came back from Cabo very sick. I ended up in the emergency room because I had E coli from their wonderful water there in Mexico. And let me tell you, I've never rushed back there since that experience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that sounds sounds driff of my My wife, her, her grandfather who passed away a couple of years ago, Luigi. She said, when the family would go to Mexico, Luigi, Uh, you know, the Italian guy from you know, Authentic from Italy, and he would take a suitcase filled with nothing but water.
Speaker 1: That's all he did.
Speaker 3: He had like two pairs of clothes and everything was just water.
Speaker 1: It's it, you know, Ben.
Speaker 4: I got sick from their water, but not by drinking it. It was a really hot day that I was djaying, so I was going into the resorts restroom, and I kept splashing my face with cold water, and the water got into my pores that way, So you get sick without even drinking the water. By showering or putting the water on you, you could still get sick.
Speaker 3: It's fascinating that the people in Mexico obviously don't get sick because they're used to it. But here in the States, like, God, you go there, it's like it's everyone's nightmare.
Speaker 1: Going to Mexican.
Speaker 4: You what are you doing? Anyway, maybe we should, That's what we've all chosen to go to Hawaii for our vacations ever since.
Speaker 1: Oh why is amazing?
Speaker 3: What about Baja California? Is the water terrible there in Baja California?
Speaker 4: That's a good question. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'll have to ask our friend, the surfing comedian Todd the surfing community.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we'll get out on that. It is Sunday.
Speaker 3: I will be at the Rams game again if you missed it earlier, so check that out and then I'll be back tonight in the Magic Radio Box barking and howling at the moon as we talk about all the big stories in the NFL. What do you have going on today, Danny.
Speaker 4: It's a Sunday to watch NFL football. So after finishing the post production of this fine podcast, I'm gonna plump my rear end down on the couch, Ben and watch the Red Zone channel.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a fine time.
Speaker 3: Have a wonderful rest of your Sunday, and don't forget tonight the radio show. And thanks for listening to these podcasts all weekend means a lot. Thanks for following the podcast, and we'll catch you next time.
Speaker 4: Thank you. Yeah. By the way, Ben, our numbers last weekend were some of the biggest numbers I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: Really, all right, goods.
Speaker 4: So thank you so much for all of the downloads. We do appreciate it you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I've been promoting the pod a little more on the on the radio show, trying to promote it a little more.
Speaker 1: All right, have a great day. We'll talk to you next time.
Speaker 4: Later, Skater got a murder. I gotta go.