Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Hour two.
Speaker 2: On this meet Friday. Well, it's a meat Friday for the dan Nets, not yours, truly. Can't even have anything to drink, they said after nine am? Nothing nothing, not even a little swig of water.
Speaker 3: Here can you do, like swish it?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. They said nothing after nine o'clock. Now, I don't know how they check that, by the way, but I have surgery coming up around I think first insertion is going to be around one to fifteen.
Speaker 3: Can we set the over under on length of surgery?
Speaker 2: They say, Well, what do you guys think it's going to take to repair this surgery this shoulder.
Speaker 3: We're setting the over under at fifty five and a half?
Speaker 2: Fifty five and a half, okay. I was given a ballpark time of an hour, so it'll be four door to door or no, no, no, forty five prep get ready, say nine night, then you go under an hour and then about forty five to an hour post.
Speaker 4: I like, I think we start the clock when you're wheeled into the room. It's the operating room, so like if someone there can time it first, I can't.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you.
Speaker 2: On your watch well when I wake up, okay, because if I don't wake up, then contest is over.
Speaker 3: Yeah the push, yeah, by the big push.
Speaker 2: By By the way. I went in and I you know, I had to meet with my doctor. You have to go over everything. And then the assistant comes in. His name is Chris. So Chris comes in and you know, he's very business like, and that's good. I'm fine. I don't need small talk. I don't need, you know, ask me about sports or anything. And at the very end where he's telling me all the things, you know, you got to take off your your wedding ring and your necklace and you got to you know, all this stuff. Who do you like in the NLCS? And I go, I said, well, I'm not rooting for the Mets. You know, the Dodgers against the Yankees would be awesome. And he goes, I'm a Mets fan, and I go, oh, okay, and then he goes, I'll be in surgery with you, and then I go, okay, all right, I mean, and then I found myself backtracking a little bit saying nice things about the Mets, and I go, oh, hey, Lindor is awesome, and you know, i'd like you know the stick touitiveness of the Mets. You know they they are where they were at the I'm scrambling, just trying to play nice with him because and he said, you said what you said?
Speaker 5: Okay, let's not try to clean it up.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he's going to be very professional today after getting blown out last night. It's a good thing I'm having the surgery before tonight's game. Well, we wouldn't be having surgery tonight, but that'd be bad if all of a sudden I go in and the Dodgers Mets is on a monitor there. Well, they're getting ready to carve me up.
Speaker 6: Yes, Mark, if you see him wearing his Benny Byanni jersey, you're in trouble.
Speaker 3: With gloves on. He comes in with the mask.
Speaker 2: Any Chavez jersey on is for Lenny Harris. Yeah, it's for Mike Piazza. Take that all righty, come on in. It's a meat Friday. Uh. Todd thought it would be funny, and it is. It is funny. See you didn't even take credit for funny. You go, well, I thought it would be maybe insensitive to have pork shoulder today, And I said, no, that's funny.
Speaker 5: I didn't want the karma associated with it.
Speaker 7: I just kind of snuck it to Tile and said, we kind have fun with that, but I didn't want it to be on me.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's all I love about Todd, where he'll he'll do like this joke that's really incentsive and be like, but I come on, we can't do that. Come on, guys, we shouldn't you suggested it.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was your idea. Yes, yeah, but guys, I mean, come on, we And then you wanted all of my food groups today because I can't have any food. You go, we should have pesto. In fact, extra pesto.
Speaker 5: I did mention sorry about pesto, but that'd be fun to have some pestol. Possibly.
Speaker 7: I haven't had that in a while, just randomly. It's also the same time that you can't eat.
Speaker 2: And I've given this some thought. You might be less sensitive than Paulie. Wow, Yeah, which means you might be more insensitive in some areas for sure. Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like what there we go?
Speaker 2: Uh so, pork shoulder sausage, I'm not doing this on a Friday. Sausage and tordellini soup, cheesy garlic bread. Who has it better than you?
Speaker 5: Do no.
Speaker 2: Stat of the day, brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the program. Carl Ravage from the mother Ship. He was on the call with the Cleveland Guardians and the Yankees in dramatic fashion. The Guardians stay alive now they're up. They're down two to one. But if you go down three to zero, uh well just ask the Mets. They're down three to one. The Dodgers rolled the Mets. Mook bets the Big Star four for six with four RBIs. So we'll talk to Ravi about that. Coming up Dodgers Mets today later on today and then Yankees Guardians coming up tonight. The oh, by the way, Thursday night game, the Broncos rolled the Saints thirty three to ten, eight seven, seven to three. DP show email address Dpatdanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle a DP show poll question for the hour. Two will be by the way. Good morning watching on Peacock. Thank you and our radio affiliates around the country. iHeartRadio, Fox Sports Radio. All right, our one we had up there. I'm rooting for the Guardians or the Yankees. That's at a seventy two percent Guardian clip right there. All right, We insensitively put up there will Dan be at work on Monday?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 9: Or no?
Speaker 2: Right now? That is about fifty to fifty. Are you kidding? That is a fifty to fifty Are you kidding me that.
Speaker 3: You will be here on Monday?
Speaker 2: I purposely had surgery on Friday afternoon to be able to be here on Monday. I don't know.
Speaker 8: Is this that you're taking this as a question about your toughness?
Speaker 2: Yes, which I don't know.
Speaker 8: Maybe you people can read into what it means. Maybe the surgeon does a bad job.
Speaker 2: I've come in after surgery. I've come in, you know. I when I had a sports herney in a colonoscopy back to back two for you I did. That might have been the I might have been the first person who's ever had a sports herney a colonoscopy in the same day.
Speaker 3: They just put you out of rotating thing.
Speaker 2: It was on a spit all right, flip them what Todd.
Speaker 7: Marvion had like dental surgery and came back like an hour later. I think what you're talking about is like where you going to come back the next day? We have several hours in overnight and all that to heal up. That was pretty impressive.
Speaker 5: He left like a nine thirty and came back by eleven.
Speaker 2: It was impressive. I didn't know. It's a competition, not a competition, but it feels like it, like you're saying, oh, I get all weekend long after having shoulder surgery.
Speaker 5: You said that, but that was impressive.
Speaker 7: When Prince came back, he set a whole new bar that you gonna have a surgical procedure or whatever you want.
Speaker 5: To come and it was impressive.
Speaker 2: Tod we celebrated that. I said, he's in the lead for you know, Dan out of the year.
Speaker 5: Not just the same day.
Speaker 7: Came back in time to be on the air, to still be part of the show before it went off the air. It didn't come back like later in the afternoon.
Speaker 3: This feels like dental surgery, which that's kind of I don't know.
Speaker 2: Can I get some anesthesia to put me under right now?
Speaker 5: We can't call it the Big Sleep. I learned you called it.
Speaker 2: You called it the Big Sleep. You mocked me with pork shoulder, and then you talked about the Big.
Speaker 5: Sleep, which I did not know meant that you're gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you you do know, and we still brought it up.
Speaker 5: I apologized, I in sensitively brought.
Speaker 2: That up and thought, hey, yeah, either either take credit for it or don't you know you kind of do that passive aggressive. Hey, I'm just gonna say, hey, pork.
Speaker 5: Show to know the Big Sleep meant that you died?
Speaker 4: Yes, Just to put a bow on this, There is a famous book by Raymond Chandler in nineteen thirty nine. The novel is called The Big Sleep, and the phrase he that says, there you were sleeping the Big Sleep, you were not bothered like any hinting towards that person had died, and it became part of pop culture to use the Big Sleep.
Speaker 2: Okay, Eric in California, Good morning, Eric, what's on your mind?
Speaker 10: Good morning, Good morning, long first time, long time. Yeah, I heard you guys talking about people who had died. You had three people, Well add number four to the list here you died.
Speaker 2: And came back to life. What did you die from?
Speaker 10: Stoping drinking? Actually, I had a seizure in the shower and basically died. Fortunately, my now brother in law and father in law were there, pulled me out and did some CPR, and paramedics were luckily right down the street at the school doing a practice run type thing, and we got me going and was in the hospital for about a week, which I don't remember and don't drink anymore, but I'm still here to talk about it.
Speaker 2: Did you see anything on the other side.
Speaker 5: Eric, I did not.
Speaker 10: It was completely black. Don't remember anything at all.
Speaker 2: All Right, Well, we're glad to have you back.
Speaker 9: Eric.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: It's a real leaving Las Vegas situation right there. Yeah, Nicholas Cage. So when people say there's nothing there, is it like you're in the shower and you're like, oh crap, I think I'm dying, and then you wake up in the hospital. Is it like a split second later or is there just like moments of black and then you wake up.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: We lost Eric again.
Speaker 2: Yes, he'll come back.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he's going to do that.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: I have a theory here.
Speaker 4: Everyone we talked to who died for a matter of minutes then came back to life, they didn't see anything. Maybe, like catching a football, you have to complete the pri process and actually die, like you know, be tagged and bagged, you're in the ground, and then like okay, now you can move on because they don't want to like bring you up there and they have to send you back like that movie years ago with Warren Baby.
Speaker 3: I think you have to complete the process. I'm looking on the hopeful side.
Speaker 4: Mm because you die in a shower and then three dudes down the street bring you back.
Speaker 3: You haven't You're not you didn't die.
Speaker 2: Okay, So well, how long is complete You have to be in the ground to complete the process?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it's much more rare than you're coming back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well then that'd be tough if you know they end up just kind of burning me up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's eternity. You might not go right to the place you're going in the first three minutes. It's like a pregame show exactly, which feels like eternity.
Speaker 7: And side I does not remembering mean there's nothing on the other side? I don't if you wake up like seat what side? Why does that mean there's nothing just because you don't remember.
Speaker 2: I feel like if you saw something on the other side, you wouldn't forget it.
Speaker 7: Some people said that they saw their kids graduation or holding an infant, or like certain moments in their lives, their wedding. There are people that have said that too, So are they misremembering what.
Speaker 3: They I have no idea.
Speaker 5: I have no idea. It's just life flashing before your eyes.
Speaker 2: Could be, could be, Maybe it's just a just a bright light there calling. No, we're not gonna do al Pacino today. You're not gonna do that. So Cleveland, Homer's in the tent beats the Yankees. Rabbi was on the call for the Mothership. We'll talk to Carl coming up, Dodgers over the Mets, and you got baseball coming up later on today and tonight. Also college football. Man, there's some there's some sneaky good stuff here. Bama, Tennessee, Georgia, Texas, then Miami and Louisville, Nebraska and Indiana is interesting to me. Notre Dame, Georgia, Tech, Michigan, Illinois. They're like sneaky games, you know, dwarfed by Texas and Georgia can Georgia. Let's say Georgia has another defeat. Let's say Texas, who's favored, wins this game. Georgia with two losses, still feels like they could be in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, George's got like a five year run of house money that if they lose again.
Speaker 2: Okay, could they lose three times?
Speaker 4: I think you're getting a little late in the season for three losses because if Georgia would have man, I don't want to say never, because if it's close and it's between like Georgia and Kansas State for the last spot, I worry about a Kansas State just thrown out a team.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Zach in South Carolina, Good morning, Zach. What's on your mind?
Speaker 11: Hey, good morning Dan, Good morning boys. Six foot to twenty first time long term And something came to me when I was watching baseball last night. You know, if Major League Baseball gets what they want and the Dodgers and the Yankees end up going against each other, would there be any kind of advantage you think for the Dodgers, you know, kind of facing the Mets in the Championship series, that rhythm of travel.
Speaker 2: I think it's a great point. Yeah, Uh, dealing with that environment too. You know, there are very few environments that are like New York fans. Although the Mets fans haven't been very active because they're usually behind getting blown out here all of these games. You know, the winning teams scoring a lot of runs here, but you have a five h eight start time. I don't know if shadows effect at City Field. But five o'clock and then the Yankees in Cleveland. That'll be uh just after eight o'clock. Let me see Buddha in San Francisco. Good morning, Buddha. What's on your mind?
Speaker 12: Noboddy Ppete watching and listening to the first hour of the show, I just got to say, Fritzy is solid and improving.
Speaker 2: Okay, But Dare, what.
Speaker 13: A turn of events from Monday's game at Chavis Ravine. I'm in the stands watching the Mets hit a grand slam and against our bullpen, outing and taking all the energy out of the stadium. But I agree with you DP, wing tonight's game, the decisive one is going to be tough, But I mean, I just think we got to do it tonight. It would be sweet. No need to go back to LA just get it done. And also, Dan, I was thinking about your comments this week regarding Dalton Konnec last night. I mean, he's showing he might be the steal of the draft this year with thirty five points showing out against the Suns last night. He definitely to your point, he's going to contribute this year. That was fun to watch and good luck to you later.
Speaker 11: DP.
Speaker 13: Remember no bungloads, hashtag warrior athlete.
Speaker 2: Thank you Buda. Dalton Connect is not afraid of shooting. He's gonna get his shots. But you know, once again, he might be the best deep shooter on the team. He had eight threes last. You got to have that perimeter guy. They've been looking for that perimeter guy and kind of felt for such a long period of time they were going to go, oh, you gotta go out and get Buddy healed. You know, Okay, you have Dalton Connect and working him in the rotation. But you know, here's the issue. Sometimes it's great to play with Lebron, but it can be intimidating playing with Lebron because you might defer to him when you normally wouldn't. The bulls would talk about that Judd Bushlard, Steve Kerr. They would be like, you almost felt guilty taking shots sometimes because you knew Mike was there, and Mike with a tough shot is probably a better shot than you with an open look. So you psychologically you start to think that way of can I can I take over a little bit here? Can I get up a couple shots in a row? That rhythm that you want any any shooter, get that rhythm, and I think that would be what would be interest for me with Dalton connect. Can he get to the point where he doesn't have to kind of have the acknowledgment from Lebron and you know, it's almost a passing of the batons sometimes when you have when you're playing with somebody great, a legend that all of a sudden you come in and it might be your time. Yes, Marv.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Rick Fox hit a big shot. Maybe he was in the playoffs and Kobe was to the left of him. You could see Kobe clap his hands in almost like yellow curse word because he's shooting the ball. I'm sure Rick Fox is so happy he made that shot because Kobe was kind of open. I mean he just looked at him. He clapped his hands like give me that bleeping ball. Yes, yeah, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I'm sure that happens to all those guys. The shot calls him. The others just guys that come in and they're supposed to be, you know, wide open jump shooters.
Speaker 2: Yes, because if you missed a shot. Steve Kerr told me this, Michael wasn't going back to you or he'd give you the look so well, how that's your teammate who's doing that to you? And you're like, uh, here, Mike, let me pass it to you. Let me take a break. More phone calls coming up. We'll talk to Carl Ravich, who was on the call last night with the Guardians and the Yankees, and in dramatic fashion, the Guardians stay alive. There We're back after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 14: The one O to Noel swags out here.
Speaker 13: Kills it left field.
Speaker 15: We are tied. Oh my goodness, Christmas to us come early.
Speaker 2: John Kensie no Hell hit.
Speaker 15: One four hundred and four feet on a change up and it is five five, the biggest pinch hit home run of his life. Nailer down there at third, That ball is stoked, left field, bat down gay the over run again.
Speaker 14: David Fry does it and the Guardians, in a shocking, shocking.
Speaker 15: Display of power, rally against the Yankees and they win it seven to five.
Speaker 2: Carl ravs with the call. ESPN Radio, the exclusive home for Major League Baseball, postseason, he'll be on the call for the ALCS Eduardo Prez Tim Kirchen coming up later on tonight. Ravi joins us, Now, how's the voice?
Speaker 14: Yeah, voice is good. I mean, you know, i'd be honest. I want to hear given the respect I have for you, like, what did you think of the calls? And one thing I heard from a long time engineer was I think he heard Eduardo and Tim scream right away. And it's a long time engineer. He's like, yeah, no, I know, I don't need that. And our producer, who's younger Dan love that enthusiasm. He's like, no, I was good with it. So I'm going to defer to you. What did you think.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm old school where I don't like the analyst jumping in.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 2: I'd like to still get the call. But we've found that you have a lot of these analysts, certainly locally Ravi, that they jump in during the call like a football, you know, guys doing eighty yards and like go, go go. You know, so it's hard for you to do your job when you do. I love the enthusiasm, but it's I think it makes it harder for you to you still have to say what is happening. They're just reacting to what happened.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you're almost so used to when an analyst talks, you lay out you kind of okay, well he's got something to say. But I'm in the middle of a call and they're kind of yelling and screaming. So yeah, it's one of those where you as you know, when you sit there as a host of a show when they talk. You know, I'm a deferential guy, like, Okay, they've got to be important, so I'm gonna go ahead. You know, whether it's a you know, Peter Gamman's Harrow Reynolds, John Krook or Eddie Perezertim Jimmy Dykes, that's your your job. But that was interesting. But I was just curious that it was a wild game. I mean, you you've certainly seen a billion wild games. That was that was way way up there as far as bizarre set of circumstances, things turning okay.
Speaker 2: But when you saw back to back with you know, Judge and Stanton, Yeah, your thoughts of where that game was headed, Yeah.
Speaker 14: Of course, no. I look, one of the things we pointed out before they're at bats was the fact that there's a nineteen foot wall and left, and there's a nine foot wall in right. And given their you know, home field of Yankee Stadium, that they know what a what a short porch let alone a short wall does. And Eduardo had brought up the point that the pitcher tends to and should keep the ball down, but in Judge's case of a down ball away like a golf ball, he could drive it right out, which is exactly what happened. And sure after Stanton hit the homer, given the bullpen that the Yankees have had, I thought the Yankees were ahead, freeze up and it was going to be a morgue there tonight.
Speaker 2: The sound the ball leaving the bat as a play by play guy, yeah, how much does that help you in being a little bit more ahead of what I mean? These were no doubters. Noel's was a no doubter, no doubt exactly. I mean, Fry's was hit, but it wasn't like Noel's. So just that sound. Are you trained to hear that sound? And you go, that's different.
Speaker 14: A little bit. And I would say that Noel's even relative to the games that I've done, where Judge or Stanton have homered. The sound was actually different off Noel's bat, and it may have also been the trajectory of it. There was no question that his ball was a homer. Obviously in judges. In Stanton's case there were more line drives. But I've seen shots off of their bats where it's not necessarily I don't think that the sound is what's occurring to me. It is more about the sort of trajectory as as it flies off their bat. You can tell that those you know, those animals who were so big, they got it and it's going to go. But Noel's was was unique. It was different, It sounded different.
Speaker 2: I maintained that I don't think any ball comes off a bat differently than it does for sho heeo Tani. Yeah, there's just a sound to that. It's I don't even have to watch, I just hear and I go, oh, gone, I mean, no doubters.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and I missed that, gone, I missed that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 14: You know the thing that the two things that I took away from last night is familiarity is a problem. You're starting to see these same bullpen guys now night in and night out. And the shine I'm not saying it's off of a Weaver or a Holmes. You know, class A hasn't really been a factor in the series until last night, and it is so bizarre that he's now giving up more runs in the postseason than he did in the entire season. Makes no sense at all. But my goodness. You know, these guys are huge. You know the guys that hit balls last night that you knew were just missiles. Stanton is a football player, Judge is an absolute linebacker tight end, and Noel is massive. So, I mean, you know, my hands are tiny. I mean I have the smallest hands on the planet, and I put them up to Noel's hand. I did not come up to the middle knuckle. That's how big that guy is. He is massive, and when he gets a hold of one, it goes. So it was the size, it was the power, it was home runs. It was the three true outcomes that we saw last night, But it happened so quickly.
Speaker 2: Talking to Carl Ravitch, he was on the call last night with the Yankees and the Guardians, that tricky, tricky word momentum can't carry these things over with you, But we've seen where that feeling can be carried over. Yeah, any sense of what to expect tonight.
Speaker 14: No, you know, I think that's been the beauty of this postseason. In a lot of ways. The end of the baseball season, there was some unpredictability. Teams you know, had bumpy stretches. Other teams got hot, some checked out, individuals shined. No, I don't because you know, you get into this series now and you know, for when we were working together at ESPN, here are a couple of names for you. So Gavin Williams is going to start for the Guardians. Gavin Williams made seven starts at home this year. He lost all of them. Like the last guy to do that was in nineteen ninety three. You remember Anthony Young Chase Stadium, seven starts, lost them all, So you know, certainly you'd think going into this thing DP, that's not a good omen. He also gets no run support. But he's going up against a rookie in Luis Heel and the last Yankee rookie to win a postseason start was a guy named El Duque in nineteen ninety eight. So no, I think you get into this part of the staffs, the starters, the bullpens have been used. We had fifth we only had fifteen pitchers last night. Maybe we can go up a little bit in this game. So no, I don't look at it that way. I do think that part of what you leave with last night is hmm, okay, Well Weaver had been literally invincible. I mean, his story is crazy. And Steven Vote, the manager of the Guardians, was a teammate, was a bullpen catcher forim. He coached him and he looked out at Luke Weaver prior to last night and said, I don't even know who that guy is, Like, I don't recognize him. This is not the guy that I was catching with or a team, no idea who he is. But last night, you know, he left a couple of pitches over the plate and he paid for it.
Speaker 2: It used to be starting pitching that we talked about starting pitching the time of the year, and I miss that. And without sounding like they get off my line, guy, but how do we get back to where the starting pitcher does have a presence, does impact a series?
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's a great question, you know, And again I think even over the years while we focused on starting pitching, there were really and I'm excluding the Braves of the nineties when they had such great depth. But for the most part, these teams, you remember one or two guys from a staff. You remember Madison Bumgarner, you know, you remember Garrett Cole here. So they go out and mad Carlos redn and hope it happens. But we have absolutely minimized the requirements that are made on starting pitchers. Matthew Boyd gave them five innings last night. That was the first guy for the Guardians in the postseason to actually throw five innings. And yet if you look at their formula, if Steven Vote were to present you a formula, just get me five innings any perfect world. And we saw him go early to the bullpen the other game and it probably backfired. Five innings sets us up for the rest of the guys to come in and we're going to be fine until that changes. And it starts at the youth level. You know, I see the little leaguers all the time. It's bizarre. I don't want to go too deep into the sort of pull the curtain back. But when you worked at ESPN, there was a producer named Sean Fitzgerald. He's out here working now. He's got a son that's fourteen years old who just had surgery on his elbow. So all of this stuff, and this, according to Shaw, wasn't because he overthrew. They were very careful. But you're still putting a tremendous amount of demands on young kid's arms, and as a result, they get hurt and then we slowly begin to wean them off of one hundred pitch outings or throwing like the Braves did in the nineties. On your off day and you throw a lot. There's obviously efforts by Major League Baseball to put an emphasis back on starting pitching, but that's one of those things, you know, like bunting and going the other way and advancing a runner. You've got to start that at an early age. Otherwise we're all going, you know, John Kenzie Noel and flipping bats and hitting omers.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was on my soapbox the other day. I said, I'll give you anybody in baseball who's throwing a hundred, and I'll take Greg Maddox right, and I'm going to beat you because there still is location, location, location and movement. And if you have that, they'll catch up to one hundred. They will Hitters will say I can hit a hundred we're fascinated by it. But if you talk to those old school guys, they're like, God, Maddix drove me crazy because you know him and Glavin, you know, guys who were pitchers, And yeah, yes, exactly. I don't know if how we get back to that other than we finally realize we're just sending these kids into having surgery. Like it's now, it's like, I don't know, you're you're you're honored. Oh you had Tommy John. You came back, all right, you must have been throwing pretty hard now yeah.
Speaker 14: No, it's it's like you're going into an interview and your resume as a picture is, can throw a hundred, has this rapid spin rate, a stands six foot four, have great extension? Had Tommy John? Surgery? Check checks you? Oh good, so you're good for another few years. Yeah, you're right about that.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 14: I think. I think then the the issue that is one of the issues is that what made Maddox so special and Glavin clearly was their consistency and their longevity. And part of that was because and you know Maddis, you know, he threw hard early on, and then he became quote unquote a picture now there's a formula where you want to create a picture, But in creating a picture, you're teaching velocity, and you're teaching this emphasis on spin rate. A great example of a guy who has come so far but you wonder about the longevity because of how hard they throw and this incredible spin rate is the guy who was traded from the Yankees to the Padres. His name is Michael King. And when he's on the mount and he's right, the stuff he's throwing is unhittable, like you cannot hit it, and it moves everywhere. It's not one hundred, it can be ninety four, it can be ninety two. It sweeps, it spins, it dives, its darts. But because of the emphasis on spin, while we may have pulled back on the velocity a little bit, it's still a huge pressure point on your elbow and your shoulder. So I'm not sure that even by creating pictures, where in any way going to minimize the impact on picture's elbows.
Speaker 2: We saw with Yamamoto last night, I mean, you want to talk about movement and filth like it was, it was it was crazy, some of the movement that he had. I mean, it was fun to watch something like that instead of you know, ninety seven, ninety eight. This had movement on it, and I'm fascinated. I loved it.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, and that's what That's what King does. And I will say that, you know what makes Weaver so special. He's not one hundred mile an hour guy. I mean, he's a fastball, change up guy. So you know you need too, you need three pitches, but you certainly need two pitches and they both ideally come out of the same slot and they move differently. But he's not blowing guys away. Class A is that guy. Class A will come in and throw gas and as you saw last night, it can be turned around.
Speaker 2: He's Carl Ravich.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 2: I asked this to Chris Collinsworth and I said, do you root for the previous week of what that will mean for Sunday Night football? And he said, yes, any part of you rooting for Yankees Dodgers because of maybe what that would mean nationally.
Speaker 14: Personally? No, I'm not vested in that. I think as a fan of baseball, it would be a great theater because of the individuals involved. But I think the difference between Chris and my answer is he's going to do the game next Sunday. I'm not going to go call the World Series. So if I were to call the World Series, I'd have a different answer. I'd say, sure, I want to see show A, I want to see Judge, I want the Superstars there. I think it's going to attract more eyeballs. But if you know, my answer is I'm not vested in it. What I think I am vested in is having this series, you know, go seven games be exciting. I was very worried when the Yankees hit those Homers that this series is now you know, likely to die on the vine, and how hard it is to come back from three to zero. So you know, as you know, in this in this industry, in these seats get we get hammered because we root for certain teams that couldn't be personally further from the truth. We root for the game, we root for the story. We want close competitive games. It's stinks trying to fill when it's nine to one after two winnings and it ain't much fun. We like the close games and we just do not care who wins.
Speaker 2: I don't great job, my best, Timmy and Eduardo, thanks for joining us, Rabbi.
Speaker 14: My pleasure, my friend.
Speaker 2: Thanks man, that's Carl Raviitch. She'll be on the call later on tonight and the exclusive that's the exclusive home of a Major League Baseball postseason heard on the ESPN app series XM channel eighty one and eighty as well. All right, we'll take great phone calls coming up after.
Speaker 1: This, be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern, six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. In the iHeartRadio wap.
Speaker 2: Well, I mentioned when Aiden Hutchinson went down, I would place a call. If I'm the Lions to the Cleveland Browns, I would just kick the tires on Miles Garrett. Now they might go click. Or I would call the Raiders and ask about Max Crosby because Davante Adams we thought was going to be traded. Now you're in a rebuild. Well, Max Crosby was asked about maybe playing elsewhere. I'm not here to rebuild.
Speaker 12: I'm here to win, so you know, I don't know whatever that means, but yeah, I'm here to win now, and wherever I'm gonna be, I'm I'm gonna be here to win. So that's all I'm matters.
Speaker 2: To me, well, I wouldn't stay in Vegas. Then if I were you, I'd be leaving Las Vegas. I would do what Davante Adams did, just say, I'd like to play for a team that's going to compete. Can I do that? Can I help you get some draft picks? Can I help you rebuild? Can I help you get your quarterback? Can I help you with Tom Brady now taking over as a minority owner. I will do that. I want to win. If we're not going to be able to win, then I'd like to play elsewhere. That's what I would do, Yes, Paul.
Speaker 4: It seems like to be a line to get Max Crosby. He's twenty seven, he's averaging a sack of game the past three years. He's I think he led the league in pressures last year or second, which is to me, the ultimate stat The price is there's no risk with him. There's zero risk with the price is the price you draft a guy first next year in the drafts, there's a risk to it.
Speaker 3: He's no risk.
Speaker 2: Well, if you're the Lions, you're going to have a pick that's later in the first round, right, you're not giving up a top five pick. You're not doing, you know, stupid stuff like Carolina did. And you know, if you're the Raiders, you could get maybe too first rounds, maybe at first and a second round pick. Now you still have to pay Max Crosby.
Speaker 11: But.
Speaker 2: He'd be he'd be up there. I don't know who else is going to be trading anything. I talked to somebody yesterday who said, keep an eye on the Saints with Alvin Kamara. Would they be willing to move Alvin Kamara? And I was like, okay, all right, I don't know what you get from Alvin Kamara. Might be a third round pick. Also, you're paying in fifteen million dollars a year, which is an awful lot for your running back. Gary in Indiana, not to be confused with Gary Indiana.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Dan, let me first and foremost say thoughts and prayers with Seaton O'Connor. Man's going caffeine free this morning before his employment. Hang in there, camera, Thank.
Speaker 14: You, thank you.
Speaker 9: If I can, Dan, I'm a I'm a I'm a fan of Russell Wilson Junior the third and a little concerned because I don't think that the Steelers are in a bad position right now still running with fields. My thoughts are if if Russell struggles and doesn't succeed, you know, he'll go back to the bench. And the only way he'll get back out on the field is something happens to the starter. And then also then what other team will want to pick him up, you know next year or the year after that. So it's like he's really got to perform of course when he gets out there, and uh, I think his back's against the wall because I don't know if that'd be a good decision, and if it may make one suggestion, once you get through the surgery, if you need assistance. I don't see why Fritzy can't come over and feed you.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no.
Speaker 8: As long as we get some video of that happening.
Speaker 2: No, that's not his grubby, grimy pawse feed me food, No way.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't use my fingers. I would use a utensil of some story.
Speaker 3: Utensil, grubby, milky soft hands.
Speaker 2: Yes they're moist, you have moist hands.
Speaker 5: There comes.
Speaker 2: Open and I'd have Marvin do it. But I need more food than that than what he can put this.
Speaker 5: Why would you do that? Mea ravage?
Speaker 2: Who's got smaller hands once. You know what, I wanted to see if there was a way you could put your hands up to the screen and then Ravi would put his up there. I don't know, maybe we could have a hands off okay between you and Ravi. But yeah, thoughts and prayers with seat. And he's gone without caffeine all morning long and really incredible, really incredible. Not all morning.
Speaker 8: It's only four hours so I was able to have coffee earlier this morning. Oh you were Yeah, yeah, yeah, I have a four hour window that I can have coffee. But I appreciate someone finally recognizing that it's not just you going through something today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I'm only going into surgery. Haven't had anything to eat or drink this morning? Yeah, but hey, look I understand it what you're going through. That is really tough. That's really tough. And there are certain foods like I should have had Tyler pick something for meat Friday that didn't smell so damn good or I don't know if it's because I haven't any had anything to eat that anything smells good, but that soup, that uh, sausage tortellini. I've been out there stirring it so I know I can't have it. You're teasing, I know, but that's that's what I would do. I would. I would.
Speaker 3: It's like going to a strip club.
Speaker 2: If I was trying to quit alcohol, I would work at a bar just because that, like, I'd make it even tougher. Be like, all right there, that'll make it tougher but better. Yeah. See, it's true.
Speaker 8: If you were around really drunk people every night, you'd probably be like, man, I really don't want.
Speaker 2: I don't want that, yes, yes, but yeah, you just sometimes you have to be close to it so that food is there. All right, it's there, and I'm preparing it for you guys for a feast in an hour from now.
Speaker 7: Yes, Tom, I could never have a Heather Locklier, but I had that poster up over my bed growing up. And you know, sometimes you just kind of in a free moment to pretend that you're with her.
Speaker 3: What I mean, what.
Speaker 7: Nothing like vulgar or anything like that, But I had this nice Heather Locklier poster in my room, and if you if it's not going to actually happen, you can just kind of fantasize and pretend right there above your bed.
Speaker 3: Like totalini soup Total soup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, insane.
Speaker 5: You want to be close to it in the.
Speaker 2: Caffeine caffeine caffeine Tortellini soup and Heather Locklear, I'm not gonna have I'm not fantasizing about me Friday to day, dude, give another I'm just saying I'm not fantasizing minutes. Yeah that pork. One more hour to go.