Speaker 1: Swind Down with Janet Kramer and I'm Heart Radio podcast.
Speaker 2: All Right, so this week the theme was Ghostbuster. Have you ever seen Ghostbuster?
Speaker 1: But the original? Yeah, my favorite movie ever.
Speaker 2: It's so good, right, I still remember that scene was with Sigourney Weaver. That was her, right, Yeah, where like the ghost or whoever it is it comes into the room and her blowing little. I don't know why, it's just a memory. Is such a good movie.
Speaker 1: The demons up on the building in New York. In New York, I think about Ghostbusters.
Speaker 2: Really, I've never seen the new one, though.
Speaker 1: A cool memory is a kid watching that movie.
Speaker 2: That's why I feel like I can't. Have you seen the new one?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Same, I don't feel like I don't want. I don't know, not that I don't think it would live up too, because I know I do like watching remakes. But when it comes to no, I get what you mean. That's just one. I'm like, I want to leave it where it's at in the memory as a kid.
Speaker 1: He's a legacy. Yeah, I'm prinsed in New Briain.
Speaker 2: So I thought this was a really fun night and it, you know, did not disappoint. I thought this episode was really fun. Ernie Hudson appears in the show opener with the panel of judges, so that was a little nice nod to the ridge and first up the aridge. The first up to perform was Pearl.
Speaker 1: You know who? I think?
Speaker 2: I think I know who it is. The clues were ran away before high school, worked at a bar, game Plan, Crescent Moon. Those were the clues, and she's saying don't Fear the Reaper by Blue Oyster Cults, and one of the stage clues was she was a bestseller. I feel like she she tricked me a little bit because on the first episode I almost think she was trying to disguise her voice a little bit because the second time she's saying I thought, oh wait a minute, I think I know this voice. So the guesses were Jon Jet, Melissa Ethroge, Madonna, which those are all good guesses, but I I heard something in one of the like the tone of her voice, and I stopped and went to one of my favorite playlists that I have, of my country playlists, and I think that it is Gretchen Wilson, and you were sweet, You're like who, And I said, Gretchen Wilson, She's I used to cover her song because amirid Nick such a good song. But I almost have a feeling there's something in her voice that is like Gretchen Wilson, So I would.
Speaker 1: I mean, was a huskiness in the voice, isn't that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? There's there, Yeah, there's the huskiness. There's a little bit of grit, and Gretchen is grit.
Speaker 1: But you think she's trying to hide the voice.
Speaker 2: I think she's trying to hide the country aspect of it because I feel like when she goes to that is Ami red Nick woman, I know how class bro. I don't know. I just feel like she's hiding the twang a bit. I could be so wrong because clearly I was wildly wrong last episode. So that's where you know I'm going to say, oh, it's definitely this person like I did last week and I was wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I think Space Rangel is an olympe and boxer, So don't worry about I guess possibly being wrong because I'm sure mine's miles off.
Speaker 2: Well, what did you think of Pearl's performance?
Speaker 1: So it's really interesting because you've went to the you think she's a singer listening to a voice. I wouldn't think she's a single really, yeah, and I'm sorry whoever it is, I.
Speaker 2: Can't wait till this person comes on the show.
Speaker 1: But obviously they're wearing a mask and.
Speaker 2: Sure, sure, sure there's a lot of aspects.
Speaker 1: Absolutely yeah, good voice, But I don't you know, you get actors who are good singles, and you get like like soccer coaches that are good singles, like me, thank you. Yeah, so I didn't think. I didn't think. I think she was a singer. And obviously I don't have a clue who she is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, You're like, I'm so bad at this, and I'm like, one day you're going to get someone that you know.
Speaker 1: So I think I've got one of them.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go. Well, next up was Griffin and I think I know who this is too, but I'm just gonna, you know, we'll start with the clues. Loves to Sing was on Broadway, a theater, geek, growing up, Vampire bat. None of the clues is to my actual person.
Speaker 1: So I again, this is McKenna Grace.
Speaker 2: Love the song choice it was Disturbia by Rihanna. I love that song. She's great.
Speaker 1: H Okay, I love this person. I think they're amazing. Griffin, I've highlighted outstanding, and I think Nick Cannon used the exact same words outstanding.
Speaker 2: He's a really good singer.
Speaker 1: It's just really entertaining as well, and I love the costume. And so when it comes to the guesses, my guess is the same as Rita or Us and Junior.
Speaker 2: I still just don't think he would do the show, which I would be so pleasantly shocked if it was him, because I love when Shot I don't want.
Speaker 1: To say shot.
Speaker 2: He's more introverted and not really out there in that way, so I would love to see I love seeing people like that, which is why I like the freakin Top Golf Show because or full what's it called, not top Off, full Swing, because it's like, thanks, it's golf, but like because their golfers are so introverted and they just you don't really know their story. So I think it would be really cool to see Freddy do something like this. Yeah, I don't think it's him.
Speaker 1: I'm going to tell people who you think it is.
Speaker 2: I think it's James Vanderbeek, and you had.
Speaker 1: The Audacius asked me that I know who James vander because I did.
Speaker 2: I was like, do you know who that is? Well, you know, you don't know.
Speaker 1: Of Dawson's Creek was a FoST thing I put on the TV in a Sturday morment.
Speaker 2: Were you a Pacey or a Dawson?
Speaker 1: I was a Kay Holmes fan. Oh that's probably why it was on.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, good to know. Well, then who did you want her to end up with besides you.
Speaker 1: Dawson?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so James Andanderbeks then you would know? Okay, Well, yeah, Griffin is an absolute front runner in our family right now. I mean again, Jolie is like, he's my favorite again. She just like loves him so much.
Speaker 1: Okay, guess he's Jenny Robert Pattinson and I don't see it. I don't see it. Jason Siegel. I could see it a little bit because I've heard him sing you have yeah and what he sings and I think he sings and I love you man.
Speaker 2: Such a good movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need to watch. I watched it when I was back in London a couple of weeks ago. I think he sings in that and the's voices. He's got an angelic voice.
Speaker 2: Well, third, I can't wait for you to tell him that I cannot wait for you to tell him that he has an angelic voice. Yeah, third enough to perform with Space Range Ranger. Odd job, moving truck, connecting with a beastly band of boys who helped start career. Uh, cleaning up the town by the bus Boys was his song. Again, He's just fun to me, He's not he's you know he's he's an entertainer for sure. Yeah, and that's where he's It's it's fun to watch. I liked this performance. This is my favorite of his performances.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know what to think of Space Ranger because I think I'm so far out of my guess that it's actually swaying my own thoughts on him. I don't think he's a singer. I'sie. I think he's maybe involved in music some degree, but I don't think he's in at school a singer.
Speaker 2: Well, before we finished that, not a singer. Okay, Well, the fourth ept of form was boogie woogie.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: I love him. I also think I played someone today for you was when we were talking about the show. So he's made kid shows doesn't like to gossip. Telescope with the star called Sheltered and naive and he's saying radioactive by imagine dragons. He's one of my favorites too, and he's also a favorite of the kids. But I when I started to listen to him sing, I thought maybe Andy Grammer, And then I played you a few songs Andy Grammer because you weren't familiar with him, and I was just like, doesn't like. I just feel like there's a there's some Andy Grammer nuances in within his voice. So but the guesses were Neil Patrick Harris, which I could see, and then Jason Moraz. Not sure if I'm on that one with Rita, but I would say with Clooney the stage Cleu though Doctorate of Medical Science show that one, I just makes me go, maybe it is Neil Patrick Harris, which would be cool.
Speaker 1: I like him, Yeah, I think he's great. I just don't. I just don't think it's him.
Speaker 2: Well, the person that got voted off with Space Ranger and Babe, I have to just say I was wrong. It's the only time I'm ever going to say it. But I was wrong. It's not Tracy Morgan, and you are also wrong because he is a singer. Who is it flavor flav.
Speaker 1: He's not a singer. He's a rap artist. He's a singer, he's not a singer.
Speaker 2: Well, he's here to debate that.
Speaker 1: If he calls himself a singer, I will.
Speaker 2: He's here right now, so let's take a break and then get flavor flav On. Oh hey, hey, the root, he's the root.
Speaker 3: Hi, guys, how you're doing?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 3: Who do I have the pleasure of speaking to.
Speaker 2: My name is Jana Kramer and this is my amazing husband. And he's Scottish.
Speaker 3: So we got Alan and Jenna you got it? And you said, Alan, the Scottish, Scottish? Where you from in Scotland? Class? Go class, go class, yo, man. I love me some Glasgow man, have you been there? Hey, let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Back in the day, I was over in Glasgow and I was walking down the street and I walked past the kilt shop. I ended up getting two kilts, and then I went by a bagpipe shot and I got me some bagpipes. And I brought this stuff back to America. I don't care what nobody say. I'm the first black man in America to have on the kilts and have bagpipe. For the god I used to wear my kilts on stage when I used to perform over overseas. Yeah, man, and they said, play come on, show us your real Scottish man. Guess what I pulled up the back of my kilting. I mooned everybody. That's right, because I.
Speaker 2: Mean, legend says you're not supposed to wear and you're not supposed to wear anything underneath it.
Speaker 3: That's right. The guys don't wear underwear under the under their kilt.
Speaker 2: So we just got married in Scotland and I said, babe, can your dad please wear underwear because I just don't want to envision my you know, my father in law just I mean nothing balls hanging out. I just I can't like he did, right, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Oh hey, yo, listen. I just want to say congratulations to you guys man, and may God bless you with the most longest and prosperous marriage ever.
Speaker 2: You're so sweet, You're so sweet. I gotta say, it was so fun to watch you on the show. Did you just have the best time ever? Because it looked like it.
Speaker 3: Yes, I did. I had. I had such an amazing time on that Mass Singer show. You know, it was something that I've always wanted to do. You know what I'm saying. It was on my bucket list. You know what I'm saying. There's something that I've been wanting to do for years and now finally I got the chance to do it, and I got the chance to experience it, and yeah, it was really great experience.
Speaker 2: You know what was the best part of it for you? Was it the fact that you got to have the mask?
Speaker 3: The best part of it to me was jumping in and out of that costume and figure it out. How am I going to make this work? You know what I'm saying. And you know Flavor. Flavor, he's the original hype man, you know what I'm saying. So I said to myself, I can make anything work, you know what I'm saying. And also, my most exciting part about the show was being on the show finally, you know what I'm saying. In the whole nine, I do like the song selections that they gave me to do. You know what I'm saying. I'm honored that I was able to do a Taylor Swift song because that was the first time ever that a Taylor Swift song got cleared.
Speaker 2: I know, I tried last year and they didn't let me. So I was very mummed.
Speaker 3: And guess what, they only did it because of me? King Swifty, I'm kidding.
Speaker 2: Did you call her and say like, hey, can you clear this one?
Speaker 3: Or I think mass Singers got in contact with them, let them know that I was coming on the show, and I think they asked to clear a song for me, and automatically they said yes, Wow, that's that was the first time I'm ever And I'm gonna tell you like this, I bet any amount of money it'll be the last Taylor Swift song that they clear. Wow, not unless I go back on the show. If I go back to the show, they might clear another one.
Speaker 2: How did you guys become so close?
Speaker 3: Well, let me say it like this. You know, Taylor Swift knows how hard that I go in for her, you know what I'm saying in the whole nine, you know. And and one thing about me, you know, you know I went to a Tailor Swift concert one time for my first time, you know what I'm saying. And and when I what you know, when I was there all of these young generation, I mean, the generation gap is crazy between my between me and and Taylor Swift's fan base. The generation gap is crazy. But a lot of these kids were coming up to me and giving me friendship bracelets. I was like, I was surprised that they knew who I was. You know, I had bracelets all up this arm, bracelets all up this arm. So then I went back home and I listened to Taylor Swift's music and I listened to her lyrics, and her lyrics is about a lot of the experiences that she goes through in life. And the one that really caught my attention most was bad Blood. You know what I'm saying, because you know a lot of people, you know, have people in their life that they were best friends with that the best friend ended up crossing them somewhere in life. And it's like, you know, hey, you know we used to be closed, but now, you know what I'm saying, Now we got bad blood, you know. We now we got problems, you know, and and and we and the problems are so bad we can't we can't even solve them. You know. I mean, that girl is real, man. I love I love who she is, I love who she stands for. So that's why I stand behind her, and I go in as hard as I do for tailor. Yea, so Taylor knows Taylor found out that, yeah, that this icon was one of her biggest fans. You all what I'm saying, And I feel that she honored that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I gotta say. I mean, I've always been wildly impressed with her work ethic. I mean, it's it's an amazing thing. And I think it's great when friends go in for people because there's so much noise and comments and opinions, and so it's nice to have people that are you know, tribes and and you know, yeah, go for it.
Speaker 1: Well, I think with your background of being like one of the most recognized rappers in the nineties and the two thousands, you must have had a lot of those experiences of people stabbing you in the back and going against you. It's even people close to you. He fully resonates with yourself.
Speaker 2: And what do you think it was that kept you? I mean, you know, you hear all the like the biggie stories and where were you on like in that era of you know, not getting in the middle of all of the big dramas in the hip hop world.
Speaker 3: Well, see, let me tell you one thing about Flavor flave and the way that I've always lived my life. You know, I've never I've never talked about anyone. I've never had anything bad to say about anyone, you know what I'm saying. And if I've seen anything bad or whatever, I always kept it to myself and never never spoke about it. I always mind my own business, but everybody else minds mine, you know what I'm saying. And and and you know one thing about me, I don't let other people's drama become my drama. Sure you know what I'm saying. You know. So I've always stayed in my own zone like that, you know, And I always stayed away from everybody else's drama.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I'm always intrigued by Like so when John and my wife was on The Master Singer, there was a lot of personal stuff behind your costume. So I'm always intrigued by So why Space Ranger? Why did you choose Space Ranger?
Speaker 3: Honestly, that's the question you're gonna have to ask Massinger that chose that costume for me. You know what I'm saying. My challenge was to make that costume work, you know, And one thing about me, I love challenges. You know what I'm saying and being that I am the world's first hype man and the biggest hype man you know. And not only that, but I'm my biggest fan too. You know what I'm saying. And I do amuse myself what I do, see myself on TV and stuff. You know what I'm saying. So I said, I can make I can pull this off. I can make it work.
Speaker 2: Where does that positivity come from? Like, and when you are having those hard days, like, how does that?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: How do you get yourself to that? Because I'm like, gosh, like, give me, I love this positive and just being your biggest fan and on those tough days, how did you how do you how do you embrace that?
Speaker 3: Well? Well, let me say it like this. You know, if you want things to be positive, you got to do positive stuff. You know what I'm saying. And I always want the best out of what I do. You know what I'm saying in the whole nine and I want it to be positive because I'm not a negative person. I've always been a positive person, you know what I'm saying. And there's and it's one positive person. I took a million, millions of negative people and turned them into positive. And if I can turn negative people into positive, I know that I could take myself and keep me positive, you know what I'm saying. So, and I love positive people, you know what I'm saying. You know, so, you know that's me. I always want the best for everyone, just like I want the best for myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that. Can you just Okay? I saw a thing on our rundown about water polo, and I just have to know because I'm like, I really truly don't really know if I know this is embarrassing, but I don't even know if I've ever I don't really know water polo or what it. I didn't I never grew up with it. I don't. I have no idea. So I was like, but I saw a thing that you signed a five year sponsorship deal to be the official hype man for women's and men's water polo national teams. Can we just I just have to understand. I want to know a little bit more.
Speaker 3: Well, they'll let me start it up. Let me say it like this. You know. There was an article that the captain of the United States Olympic water women's water polo team put out. Her name is Maggie Stephens, and you know the article that she put out, you know, explains their life when they're not in the water. When these girls aren't in the water, and when they're not competing, they're home living active lives, two and three jobs, you know what I'm saying. Because they don't get paid for paying playing water polo. So these girls got three back to back gold medals, and when they're in the water and they're they're competing, they're practicing or whatever, it takes them away from their work, you know what I'm saying. So my manager turned me onto the story and and she said, Flave, it wouldn't be a bad idea to sponsor this girl. I said, you know what, instead of me sponsoring the girl, let me sponsor the team. Let me just sponsor the whole team, you know what I'm saying. So they accepted my offer of sponsorship. So I'm not just a hype man for the team, but I'm also their sponsor. I sponsored the United States women's water polo team, but also I sponsored the men's women's I sponsored the men's polo team too. So put it this way, I'm the sponsor for the United States Olympic water polo team period, men and women, But it's just the women that got me on board to be the sponsor, you know what I'm saying. That brought that that brought me in, you know what. I and uh and I'm so honored that they that they accepted my offer for sponsorship, you know what I'm saying. And all I wanted to do was to try to push these women that got these three back to back gold medals. I was trying to push them into getting that fourth gold medal in a row, you know what I'm saying. So I always wanted to know what it was like to be at the Olympics, because you know, I've been watching the Olympics man since I was a kid, you know what I'm saying. And I always wanted to know what it's like, what it feels like to be there. So by me being a sponsor of the water polo team, gave me the opportunity to go over to Paris and to experience being at the Olympics. And also while I was over in Paris, also I got to go to the women's rugby game and I got to see the women when their bronze medal. That's in Rugby. And then also I went to the gymnastics I mean to the uh the gymnastics arena.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was phenomenal.
Speaker 3: I got to see some more bios.
Speaker 2: Oh I saw you. Actually, they they showed you on the screen.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah. I took my family over there with me and we were able to see h Jordan Childs and some more bios with their gold medals. And not only that, but while I was over there, I also got the honor and the chance to meet the great tennis player of one of the greatest women tennis players of our time, Billy Jean King. I got to meet Billy Jean King, became friends with her, I got to take her to lunch. Oh. Man, it was real great just being over there that that that Olympic experience was like one of the best in my life.
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean, and you were doing it. You know how the connections and the strings all came together and the new friendships. I think that's that's really cool.
Speaker 3: And I want to feel proud to say, now you know, my boy Snoop Dogg Man, he did one of the most fantastic jobs over there with the Olympics. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. NBC had my boy all over the place and Snoop did a good job. He even carried the torch. You know what I'm saying. So I just want to feel proud to say that when the Olympics come to la and twenty twenty eight, your boy Flavor Flame has the opportunity now to carry the torch. Yay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's awesome. Look at you ahead. That is fantastic. Your positivity has just lifted our day. And so thank you for everything you've shared. I'm so happy for everything you've got going on. And yeah, it's just it's a it was an honor to speak to you. So thank you so much for showing us who's under the mask and for just being that positive energy.
Speaker 3: Thank and thank you guys for having me. You know what I'm saying. And and like I said once again, and I really mean it from the bottom of my heart, that you guys have a very long and prosperous marriage. You know what I'm saying, Families first love.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, guy.
Speaker 3: So much, Thank you, Thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: All Right, I have a wonderful one.
Speaker 3: I'm good. Looking forward to seeing you guys that get in the future.
Speaker 2: Amen to that.
Speaker 3: I got it. I see you bye.