Speaker 1: Welcome. In What's Drive with Nick Wright Episode three to twenty, as the NBA Playoffs are almost finally upon us, have the first realization, or the first conversation with the wife where she had the realization when she asked me, She's like, so, what are your plans Saturday? I'm like, oh boy, she hasn't really clocked where we're out on the calendar yet. I'm like, well, my plans this Saturday and this Sunday and the following Saturday and the following Sunday and really the next ten Saturdays and Sundays are actually pretty simple to figure out. I'll be sitting on this fancy new couch you just bought watching playoff basketball for about twelve straight hours both days, and so sadly, I guess that means I won't be going to the Kendrick Lamar concerts Saturday night in New York. You know who might be going? Demonse, Welcome in, Demanse, You're gonna love this?
Speaker 2: What'd you say, Diora?
Speaker 1: No, Deora is in Santa Cruz this.
Speaker 2: Week, but you're of the ones in the kitchen concert.
Speaker 1: I think so, I think with your mom. I think your mom and your eleven year old sister are going to the Kendrick Lamar concert. I'll be watching Lakers Timberwolves. So yeah, as much as I like Kendrick, I like my side of that equation. Here's what missed the cut for today's show. Jalen Hurts named one of Time Magazine's one hundred Most Influential People. A handful of other sports people made it, and I'm not gonna do too much on this, but I did find it because so I checked last year's list as well. Mahomes made it last year, Hurts made it this year. So maybe it's just Super Bowl champion quarterback tends to make it. But now, in the last two years of Time Magazine's one hundred Most Influential People list, three women's basketball players have made it. None of them are named Caitlin Clark. That seems like a maybe a bit of a miss for influential people. It's not like the one hundred best athletes. Asia Wilson made it two years ago. Nafisa Collier and Brianna Stewart made it this year. That was because of their partnership with unrivaled I don't know, man, I'm no expert on influence. I think Caitlin Clark at some point the last couple of years been pretty influential. Well, I'm not gonna freak out about it. Travis Hunter says, if you're not gonna let me play both ways, I'll never play football again. I don't think he's serious. Why not playing football again? I do think he's serious about Hey, Cleveland Browns, if you're going to draft me, I want to play on both sides of the ball. And the Yankee sweep the Royals, that was a bummer, really not how I wanted to spend my nights at Yankee Stadium watching the Royals get swept. But such as life also double missed the cut listen. Evidently one hundred and twenty four light years away or something crazy. There's probably life on another planet. Matt Ford, fearless leader of this show, is super into this topic. I might be super into this topic in July or August, but today Scouts on or and I'm not a scout. We are getting to the NFC over unders. We've bumped them on four straight shows. So I don't have time to talk aliens. I do have time to thank you guys for watching us on YouTube, and if you are watching us on YouTube, and it sometimes the video looks a little choppy. Starting Tuesday, we have a new computer that'll fix some things up, and so hopefully if that is a little annoying for you, that'll be fixed by Tuesday. I thought that computer got porch pirated from the house. Then I realized I had it sent to a different location because the producers were like, hey, that fancy new computer. It says it was delivered, and I was like, uh, definitely wasn't delivered. But then I checked and realized it was delivered to a safe, secure location. So Tuesday that'll be better. Also, I think during today's show, we're gonna hit two hundred thousand subscribers on YouTube. You could be you know, guess what our two hundred thousand subscriber. I don't know what you get, and I don't actually know how to figure out who you are, but you could have the no that the knowing that you were the one. If you're watching on YouTube, not subscribe, Please click subscribe. If you're listening to us on iTunes or Spotify or whatever, subscribe there demand. Let's get to the warriors avoiding total disaster.
Speaker 3: Yes, so playoff. Jimmy has arrived or play in Jimmy, whatever you want to call it. He cooked him and Steph combined for seventy five points in that game the other day, and he seems pretty confident in their ability to push to the playoffs and possibly make it to the finals. But saying, I think any team has a chance to win when I'm on the team, But I know any team that has Steph on the team has a chance to win. And Golden State is minus two hundred against the Rockets in this series. Do you think that they've deserved to be favored there?
Speaker 1: Certainly not big favorites. And listen, I'll just lead with the lead. I think the Rockets are gonna win. I I do not know how anyone could have watched Warriors Grizzlies and come away more confident in the Golden State Warriors. He can be more confident in playoff Jimmy and playoff Jimmy's ability to generate fouls and get to the free throw line, and that is even more valuable Jimmy's ail ability that a decade plus into his career, no one has figured out, guys, he's gonna pump fake guys, He's not actually gonna go up on the first attempt. He just wants to get you in the air and then he just wants to jump directly into your chest and get to the free throw line. That is doubly valuable on the Warriors Demons because he gets the Warriors in the bonus, and by getting them in the bonus, then if you clutch or grab Steph off the ball, it's a free two points. When you have the greatest free throw shooter NBA history on your team, if your team gets in the bonus, that is super valuable. He was great Steph. It's so interesting with Steph because I talked about this on the TV show. I maybe mentioned it here. A couple things on Steph, and then we'll get to why I'm not as confident in the Warriors. People were mad that Buddy Healed got the potential game tying shot against the Clippers and not Steph. And Steph's career he's not been good at you know, final seconds to tire when the game shots. He's like twenty two percent on threes in his career playoffs in regular season in that spot. He is, however, the best ever by a mile at dagger threes at up one late up to late and hit the three that just absolutely lights the arena on fire and rips the opponent's heard out. And he had a couple of those in this game. Also. I did find it interesting and credit to him. On Tuesday show, I talked about how he gets subbed out offense defense late in games, and with fifty seven seconds left in that game, they did sub him out for defense. I mean, in a part really a part of a Reggie Miller master class of broadcasting. They said Steph is resting. He was not resting. He was taken out for defensive purposes, but then with five seconds left in a defensive possession, they put him back in. He guarded the inbounder and generated a five second call.
Speaker 3: Wait, God, did you want Reggie Miller to be like, yes, Stephen Curry's not great at defense, he's liability, so he's sitting down right now.
Speaker 1: No, no, he doesn't have to add his opinion. But they could have just said, what the actual facts It was not that he was resting, it was offense defense substitutions. I would have yes, I would have expected the the an accurate portrayal, however, like we got. I mean, that was a that was a Reggie Tour to force on that call, joh turns his ankle. He's like, did he actually step on someone's foot? No way to tell, rub some dirt on it? Is he taken advil? What's going It's just a I mean, it was so bad that Kevin Wilds, who is the nicest person in the world and never says anything bad about anyone, sent out the following tweet the suggestions I'm hearing for healing, healing jaw's ankle, go to his happy place, take an advilla and hop on the bike. Walk it off. Tie his sneakers very tight. That's as close to cutting commentary about another broadcaster as you'll ever get from old kW on t But that's neither here nor there. Warriors got the win, but that was ugly. Man. You're up twenty against a Grizzlies team that has beaten in the last two and a half months to Monsey, the Grizzlies have beaten one above five hundred team, the Detroit Pistons, and and John gets hurt and has to miss time and it's still your trailing in the fourth quarter. And there were a lot to me of just really flashing red lights about the Warriors, and about being concerned about the Warriors in this matchup against Houston. Here's the first one. They didn't play Edie off the court, which means Houston's gonna be able to play Steven Adams if you can't, Zach Edy. Listen, Edie had some really good moments and some really bad moments. He's got to and I don't want to sound like your seventh grade junior high gym teacher, but keep the ball above your head, kid, get the rebound, keep it up, don't bring it down. Your seventy four of the Warriors aren't playing anybody over six'. Eight keep the ball up and then you're not gonna get stripped and getting those. Problems but he was a, force obviously on the glass and again demons against The, rockets who are the best offensive rebounding team in the. League that now showed, me, oh if they want to Play shoon And Steven adams at the same, time they're gonna be able to get away with. It, yeah and just Crush Golden state on the. Glass now you might, say how are those guys gonna defend in? Space here's the other sneaky thing about The warriors with these. Lineups they're now rolling out. There they have a lot of guys that you do not have to guard at the three point. Line draymond's been hitting. Threes they will Let draymond. Shoot Jimmy butler will make one clutch three a, game and other than that just turn them. Down Gary payton is not trying to shoot. Threes there's a lot of guys in pods will, shoot and so it's weird to say about A warriors team that is the greatest shooter of all, time but they're not an unbelievable shooting team because of the people they have out. There that's why they're playing the kid that was drafted three picks ahead A, Brownie Quinton post the seven footer to go shoot. Threes and SO i JUST i think if you're this is HOW i would handicap the. Series as far as WHO i think, is The warriors obviously have the best. Player they have the best player by a considerable. Margin So steph's the best, Player shingoon's the second best, Player Jimmy butler's the third best, player and Then Jalen, Green Amon, thompson Then Draymond, green and then five. Rockets fred Van vliet even THOUGH, i you, know not a huge fan of. His, Uh Dylan, brooks the Entire Rocket. Spence you'd take all those guys Over moody Or Gary payton Or looney or, Whomever quenton Post, Gee santos. Guys The warriors are, Playing kaminga's now just done out of the rotation.
Speaker 3: Entirely AND i was gonna, say if The warriors see themselves go, down, like do you think there's a Chance kminga like pops out in this?
Speaker 2: Series he gets a Little.
Speaker 1: OKAY i think that. They So i'm gonna read you a quote THAT i read in an article last.
Speaker 2: Night he don't want to pass the ball To steph as much as they want him.
Speaker 1: To. OH i left out on A healed by the, way WHEN i was talking. Shooters, Obviously heal's a great, shooter But healed was. Not healed was considered unplayable by The sixers in their playoff lineups last, year and The kaminga thing's. Weird so from The San Jose Mercury news, Yesterday kaminga skipped pregame introductions and arrived late to the bench before Both sunday And TUESDAY'S dmp coach decision. Games After sunday's, game he took to the court and put up shots instead of using one of The warriors mani practice, courts which are mostly hidden from cameras and. Reporters did he fulfill his role as modest as it might have, been or did he try to do his own? Thing was the question that they ended the article. On and SO i say all that to say, THIS i like The rockets in this, series AND i certainly think The warriors being bigger favorites against The rockets than The lakers are against The timberwolves is crazy to. Me LIKE i DON'T i don't look at this as a. Series i'd be shocked if The warriors, won, obviously BUT i do think this is going to be a hard fought seven games and the game sevens In, Houston and what an amazing moment for The rockets fans when every year standing between them and a finals, appearance when they had a real champ and chip caliber. Team were These Golden State Warriors and now you, have in my, opinion the better, team certainly the more rested, team maybe the healthier. Team steph's playing amazing despite the fact that he has a soft cast on his shooting. Hand it's, remarkable but that concerns. Me you have multiple guys that are excited to mix it up With jimmy And steph And Dylan brooks And Amen, thompson and you can potentially knock them out of the. Playoffs and either, way whoever wins this series is going to be beat to hell getting Into round two with The lakers waiting for. Him and so that, yes obviously for The, lakers they would have rather The grizzlies won The Warriors grizzlies, game and then there's their rope route to the conference. Finals road to The conference finals means round two you're either playing a super Young rockets team or this incredibly Foolish grizzly. Team BUT i just don't look at The warriors as the juggernaut that they appeared to be two weeks. Ago since then The rockets shut him. Down they blew a game to The, spurs they lost to The clippers in a game they treated like A game, seven and they damn near blew a game to A grizzly team that hasn't beaten a good team in two.
Speaker 2: And a half.
Speaker 1: Months and SO i NOW i will say, this and this is a concern if we expect these games to be close To, monse who do you trust on the rockets to go get a bucket late THAT i guess the answer Is Jalen.
Speaker 2: Green, Oh.
Speaker 3: Joyce, well Obviously santguon's not taking the ball, up But i'd say gets Sant guone the ball on the. PAINT i, mean if you need a, three then one Hundred Jalen. Green it's a championship. Experience whos?
Speaker 1: Championship oh Van Vleet that is. True, no, no, No Van vliet.
Speaker 3: Does he's had big shots and in some big spots, Too SO i, mean.
Speaker 1: Oh, Yeah Van vliet had some huge shots in THE Nba finals Against. Steph that's the other, Thing, like you just have a lot of guys with a lot of belief that they can at least hamper or Annoy. Steph steph's gonna be. Great and here's the other thing About. JIMMY i, Mean jimmy scored thirty eight and was. Brilliant jimmy was brilliant against The. Clippers and it maybe seems LIKE i was a little too pessimistic about Playoff jimmy existing this.
Speaker 2: Year but.
Speaker 1: He's not gonna be putting up these thirty plus point games with, regularity even prime. Playoff jimmy was not doing. That he would pop off for these big games and then he would have somewhat more quiet. Games and SO i did not think it was a positive that they needed thirty eight from, him thirty seven From steph and that they still it still came down to the final.
Speaker 3: Moments, yes, okay, bye AND i still AND i think there was a lot of times in that game where they Took curry like completely out of it and Like scotti pipmant that Was Scotty pipman. Junr and you have The Houston, rockets who are a better defensive team all, around SO i think they'll.
Speaker 2: Be able to mitigate. That.
Speaker 1: Really, well, yep you can go ahead with your follow up questions for we move.
Speaker 3: On oh, gosh the things just extra don't mean yeah. Soon draymond And, Steven oh my, gosh this is so. Bad draymond And Steven adams have a history of a couple of growing shots and body. Slams set a fake line On draymond incidents this.
Speaker 1: Series, well, LISTEN i think that is a real. STORYLINE i think that's a real. Storyline Is Draymond Dylan brooks both trying to bait the other? Guy here is WHAT i would say is the. Difference draymond is so much more important to The warriors Than Dylan brooks is to The. Rockets so there will be a bunch of you, know double, technicals stare. Downs AND I i am historically not at all a fan Of Dylan. Brooks and one of the Reasons i'm not a fan Of Dylan brooks IS i think he's a, dirty dangerous. Player but that's also a huge bummer for The warriors Because Dylan brooks will like try to undercut. Somebody Dylan brooks will do things that put other guys in, jeopardy And draymond is just going to play incredibly physical and tough and might occasionally like, now, WELL i guess you, Know draymond does have a soft spot for Hitting european. Centers this is kind of his favorite, thing or you know WHAT i, mean whether It's Steven, adams he's Not European Rudy, Gobert Demontes. Sabonis so Maybe shingoon needs to keep his head on a. Swivel but, YEAH i, mean this is gonna be a real fight and Ima udoka is going to encourage the. Fight, yeah that's the other piece of. It AND i, thought before we move on To Lakers, WOLVES i thought the officiating In Warriors grizzlies was an utter. Abomination AND i thought it was an abomination in the worst, way which is the refs seem to be almost intentionally controlling the flow of the. Game and by THAT i mean, This the first forty five minutes of that game were so unfairly officiated in the warriors. Favor it Was jimmy had eighteen free, throws it was every single close call went The warrior's, way and then and, then despite, that The grizzlies were in, it and then it felt like the refs were, like, okay time to switch. Sides and then there were three just phantom awful calls against The warriors that made it to, Where, okay this game's gonna come down to the final, minute final, seconds and then there and then it felt to me like the refs, like, okay let's get even. Again five seconds on The grizzlies game. Over and SO i thought it was one of the most poorly officiated games of the. Year AND i just hope that the refs do a better job when the actual playoffs, begin because what you see too often is one team gets a hugely beneficial whistle the. Refs then it feels like catch a glimpse of the scoreboard and see the free throw differential and they're, like, okay time to get it about even don't want anyone to say, that you, know we were being unfair, here and SO i absolutely hate that AND i hope in the postseason the refs are. Better all, Right let's get To Lakers.
Speaker 3: Timberwolves lakers have the second best odds of The west to win the title right now at minus one ninety. Five Anthony edwards says he loves the position that the.
Speaker 1: Real quick hold on, there the second mess odds to win in The west to win the title minus.
Speaker 2: Won ninety five in round.
Speaker 1: One i'm, sorry you're, fine go, ahead and uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah So Anthony edwards says he loves where.
Speaker 3: The timberwolves are at right now and, SAYING i love the fact that everybody wants The lakers to. Win that's how it's supposed to. Be they don't want the Tim wolves to, win AND i get. That what is the key to this?
Speaker 2: Series, well.
Speaker 1: The only chance The timberwolves have is If Julius, randall for the first time in his career plays well in the, playoffs and we've never seen that. Happen So i'm Gonna i'm gonna pull it. Up i'm looking down if you're watching on, YouTube Because i'm pulling up on my. Phone Julius randall's playoff career is truly. Disastrous and it's not. Overstated it's not being. Unfair it is what it. Is it. Is in twenty twenty, one in the first round against The, hawks that's the Famous Trey young. Series you, See, oh he was eighteen eleven and. Four that that's actually good on twenty nine percent from the. Field so his first playoff series, ever he was twenty nine percent from the. Field then two years later Against cleveland In round, one he was fourteen and six a game that was after an ALL nba season on thirty three percent from the. Field and then and they won that. Series and then the next round Against miami he was eighteen and, ten which is much better on forty one percent from the, field which is. Okay in his playoff career is twenty eight percent from three and then last year obviously he was hurt for the, playoffs and it didn't really seem Like knicks fans were all that bummed about. It and so he is yet to have a single great playoff, season and even if you go to individual playoff, games you are hard pressed to find more than one good one game one last or two years ago Against, miami he was really.
Speaker 2: Good he was.
Speaker 1: Twenty, five twelve and eight on forty four percent from the, field which is about as good as you can hope for from. Him but in his playoff, career and he has one other game Against miami where he was twenty and nine on sixty one. Percent but what's that joke everybody likes to. Make he is, Shooting he's shooting tour dates or. Whatever, yeah that. Thing. Yeah so in his, career in ascending, order he is in the playoffs from the field two for, fifteen three for, fifteen three for, fourteen six for twenty, three four for, fifteen three for, ten five for, sixteen seven for twenty seven for, nineteen eight for twenty, one and then five games forty percent from the field are better eight for twenty eight for, eighteen four for, nine and then the two good games seven for thirteen and eight for. Thirteen that's a fifteen game playoff sample. Size he's been good in two of, them so he's got to Be what are you laughing about, That i'm being no.
Speaker 3: No after you said, THAT i JUST i, whispered go ahead and swing that, rock big.
Speaker 2: Dog oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah so for real, Though so that is he's gotta be good for them to have a. Chance and by the, way gonna be tough because he's gonna be Gar on the other, end he's gonna be Guar Lebron james a. Lot so he is the absolute key now other than, HIM i am really interested in how much Can Austin, reeves how much energy Can Austin reeves Make Anthony edwards expend on the defensive, end BECAUSE i know there have been some thoughts That ant is going to try to Guard lebron Or. Luca that's a terrible. Idea ant's a very good, defender but he is simply too small for either one of those. Guys jaden McDaniels will spend a lot of time On lebron And. Luca Julius randall will spend some time On lebron And. Luca nazrid might Try dante's not going to be able to do. It but point, Is Anthony edwards is going to end up matched up On Austin reeves a fair. Amount, NOW i don't think The lakers have anybody who can slow Down Anthony. Edwards, now oddly they did well against him in the regular, season BUT i would just go ahead and pencil, in, Uh Anthony edwards for thirty, again he's gonna average thirty in this, series just so be. It Can austin make him have to defend enough and run around enough that he is a little tired on the offensive end at the end of these, games because you do remember, THAT i, LISTEN i get. It you had to Trade Luka doncic because he's an out of shape. ALCOHOLIC i Understand, nico but it Was Anthony, edwards who might as well be chiseled out of, granite who said he was exhausted in the conference finals last, year Not. Luca and so now it's a lot of time, off and it's round, one and there's a lot of days between the. Games but how much energy can you Make aunt expend on the defensive? End and then the only other, reel the only way for in my, opinion for The timbrels to have a real chance is If luca's three is not, Falling because If luca's three is, falling then what you are going to see Is lebron really picking and choosing his spots in the first three quarters of these games and then taking over in the, fourth something he has not had the luxury of doing much at all in his whole, career but certainly in His lakers. Career but you saw it in That Lakers MAVs game Where, lebron you, know hand off the joystick for the first three, quarters then best player on the court in the fourth. Quarter you've seen it a few times this, year and So Julius randall's gotta be good for them to have a. Chance Nas reed's gonna be super. Important AND i haven't even Mentioned Rudy gobert because here's the. THING i Think rudy's in a really rough spot. Here it's not just That luca has tortured him on multiple. Continents it's not just That luca hit the biggest shot of his career over, him but it's also that The lakers want to play. Small his offensive limitations will allow them to play small because they're not going to be able to just you, know dump the ball down to go bear and be, like, hey you Have Dorian finney's Or Rudy hachimura on you give us that sweet baby hook you've. Got that's not gonna be a. Thing and, defensively we have seen if you play five out It rudy really really. Struggles and SO i would guess That ant is awesome and it doesn't matter all that much in this. Series AND i said it to you guys On. Tuesday i'll say it. Again The lakers minus a game and a half at plus one point, TWENTY i think is probably my favorite bet of this round of the. Playoffs all, right what else you have on this?
Speaker 2: Series?
Speaker 3: Uh do you think this could be the start of A Luca ant? Rivalry So.
Speaker 1: I'd love, That AND i do think that they have personalities that would mesh for a. RIVALRY i do think that both of these, teams you, know they shouldn't meet in the playoffs consistently moving. FORWARD i don't look At aunt yet as the caliber of player Of, luca AND i don't think that there is much of an.
Speaker 2: Argument what demase you don't see them as the same caliber of. PLAYER i get Like lucas like.
Speaker 1: Slight, YEAH i look at lucas a GUY i expect to win multiple. MVPs that's That's there's only two other guys in the league in that, caliber and they both already have. Multiple as far as prime, GUYS i, mean you, know In giannis And, jokic AND i look At aunt as a guy who might win, one you know WHAT i. Mean so LIKE, i if you set luca career MVP's number one and a, HALF i would immediately say. Over and if you Set ant's number of career MVPs at a, HALF i would, SAY i, need, LIKE i gotta really think about this so that you know that's the AND i think IT'S i think it's an almost impossibility That luca never wins a LEAGUE, mvp AND i think it's a coin flip Of ant. Does so, again it were in the margins, here but, YEAH i do look like AND i think a good evidence of that is if The lakers had Traded Anthony, Edwards Max christi and a first round. Pick i'm, sorry if The lakers had Traded Anthony, Davis Max christi and a first round pick For Anthony, edwards we would in two months later still be, like that's the dumbest Shit i've ever seen in my. Life is it because they want to move the? Team like? We, uh you would have, legitimately you, know debates on each side like, okay who got? Better like does it make? It AND i understand for the way The timberwolves are, constructed it wouldn't even make. Sense but, yeah that's HOW i, so AND I i really, like BUT i think he needs to level up a tiny.
Speaker 2: Bit.
Speaker 1: Now he's not as old As, luca you know WHAT i. Mean he hasn't been in the league quite as. Long and, so uh there is that go?
Speaker 2: Ahead do you? Well were you done with the with the first follow?
Speaker 3: UP i, WAS i was gonna ask if you SEE Jj reddick's stock rising or how much you see it rising this?
Speaker 1: Offseason, well it depends on the playoff. RUN i, mean if they get bounced in round, one it won't people Like Darvin ham made the conference finals his first. Year BUT I i think it's our pretty obvious THAT Jj reddick has done an excellent job his first year as A lakers head. Coach now we'll see how he handles the. PLAYOFFS i know there's some in some circles there is a belief that The lakers have been kind of using a playoff style defense in the regular season and to deal with their lack of, size and that that might have been a mistake BY jj because now they're not going to have an extra gear and more people have seen it so they can prepare for. It i'm less concerned with that than. Others but, YEAH i think JJ's done an excellent. JOB i think that there was a legitimate argument to include him On coach of The year ballots this. Year and so credit TO, jj who people KNOW i historically not the biggest fan of as far as a media, presence but he did a really good. Job all, right let's go to the play in and, stuff.
Speaker 3: And so The MAVs in the. Heat they live to find another. Day they face The grizzlies and The hawks. Tomorrow The magic also already, advanced and they faced My celtics in round. One do you think The celtics have anything to worry about?
Speaker 2: There absolutely?
Speaker 1: Not all, right, yeah and, listen The magic are a very good defensive. Team they cannot score and now The magic are the best team in the league at denying three. Pointers and The celtics live at the. Three BUT i this is HOW i feel about Your celtics this. Round THEN i have a question for. You if this series goes six, games it is a failure By. Boston, yeah Like i'm sweeping teams is, Hard so, like If orlando gets, one so be. It but if you guys are playing a game six against The, magic THEN i would start to be, like, oh maybe the championship hangover is, Real like there's no reason whatsoever to put yourself in a position against This magic team where this thing is not over in four or. Five AND i, NOW i Know jalen's been saying all the right, things and the team saying all the right. Things would you be against The Boston celtics, Saying, jalen take two full. Weeks, man we don't.
Speaker 2: Need you this.
Speaker 1: Round we're gonna let you rest and get as healthy as that, knee as healthy as possible for A round two battle against likely The.
Speaker 2: KNICKS i, mean we could probably wrest somebody in round two if we wanted. To but, Yeah i'm perfectly fine with.
Speaker 1: THAT i don't think you could rest people against The. KNICKS i think The knicks are fully. Healthy you'll need your full. Compliment BUT i mean certainly not rest your second best.
Speaker 2: Player that was maybe Not Jalen, brown but you can raise, somebody.
Speaker 1: And SO i don't think they. Will but, that to me is the most interesting part Of celtics magic is not who's going to. Win the most interesting part Of celtics magic is how Does Jalen Brown's brown's knee? Look and the most interesting part Of Thunder grizzlies Or Thunder MAVs is honestly should be. Nothing The MAVs will not be able to score with The thunder and The grizzlies will not be able to defend The. THUNDER i would BE i would be shocked if either one of those goes. Six AND i do not care who The cavs Playing round. One i'm telling you right now like they're either playing The hawks or The, heat and they will crush either one of them all right before you get to playoff? Predictions one more follow?
Speaker 2: Up uh? Yeah do you think that it? Is?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah is it more likely that tomorrow will be the last time that we See trey In atlanta Or John Memphis.
Speaker 1: Tray In? Atlanta but here is WHAT i find. Interesting we have and just odd, coincidence but they all play the same. Position they were all taken within four years of each other in the. Draft they were all top five, Picks this triumvirate of Silly southeastern point Guards John, Memphis LaMelo And charlotte And trey In. Atlanta And trey's been in the league the longest. Year seven For.
Speaker 3: Trey what you, SAID i was about to, Say, tray not as much as the other, guys BUT i, said you, here you're going.
Speaker 1: THERE i, MEAN i don't. Know trey was playing keep away from a ref in a playoff. GAME i know that was. Crazy he was, like honest to, God cray did to the ref What demonse used to do To diora after his. GAMES i never seeing like, it like oh you want The, nope it's. Mine like it's really just a remarkable thing that he. Did and SO I i think that a three, way three team trade Of john To charlotte just get him in a more peaceful, city less to, do you, know The john To, charlotte him And Brandon. Miller that's. Interesting LaMelo To atlanta because that's an unserious. Franchise, Anyway lamello would love it there and might as, well you know WHAT i, mean give him some highlights and trey To, memphis where they have theoretically a good enough defensive personnel they can cover for some of his offensive. Woes he can play true point. GUARD i think that's. Interesting it obviously wouldn't, happen BUT i think all three of those, guys for their careers could use a change of, scenery and you could kind of sell the fans on all three of those trades.
Speaker 3: Potentially, yeah did you feel a little LIKE i felt a little.
Speaker 2: BIT i don't want to SAY i felt. BAD i did feel. BAD i felt a little bad For John rant watching The Golden state.
Speaker 3: Game he seemed like a shell of, Himself, like take the celebrations away from.
Speaker 2: Him hits a, three he goes back all. Solemn it's just like it's funny seeing.
Speaker 1: That, Yeah, god, Yeah god. Forbid just just be serious on the basketball court for a minute in the biggest game of the. SEASON i, mean, listen this poor guy who wasn't able to pantomime. Explosions you KNOW.
Speaker 2: I.
Speaker 1: DIDN'T i just. LISTEN i want the best For. JAH i like, HIM i like his, DAD i love the city Of, memphis AND i understand people are probably mad at me Because i've been one of the biggest public scolds the last few weeks towards. Him but it's just at some point you got to grow. Up all, right let's quick hit or do these other playoff, series but go.
Speaker 3: Ahead so the only series That vegas really has close Is denver and The, clippers which is basically a coin toss or a pick on whatever you i'll want to call.
Speaker 2: It what do you make of these series and how they're being?
Speaker 1: Priced all, Right so Then knicks or minus four hundred Against Detroit detroit's plus three. TEN i think that's too high of a. PRICE i do expect this series to go six. GAMES i And i'm really excited to Watch Caid cunningham in the playoffs like. That my biggest thing is Watch Kaid cunningham in the playoffs and watch The knicks in the. Playoffs this you, know fully Healthy knicks, team see how they. Look BUT i would be very surprised If detroit. WON i just think plus three tens too big of a. Price Pacers, Bucks The pacers are clearly the better. TEAM i honestly think they're the better coach. Team both teams have championship. Coaches in Carl Island, dock BUT i Think pacers better. Coach Team jannis Since dame went out has been playing point. Center he's averaging nine assists a game and has just been. Awesome yanni's also has not won a playoff game or series in three. Years, milwaukee even though they're the, underdog they've got to. Win you can't go out in the first round three straight years During giannis's prime Of Boston. Orlando just stay, healthy. Everybody we've talked a lot About, Lakers minnesota And Golden State houston And Denver Clippers man Oh, MAN i cannot wait to watch every single game of that. Series Jamal murray back The, clippers you, know have their championships starting, five and it's been so weird to hear people that just want to vote and. Joke unbelievable and was unbelievable this. Year but people that just want THE mvp every single year no matter, what to go To Nikola. Jokic recreate This nuggets team like it's this some just shit team that has when it's the it's their championship starting. Five basically four of their five key players are. Champions like, NOW i don't love their bench at. All russ has been BAD i don't think it is h overall nearly as complete of a team As joker. Deserves but this idea that it's just this horseshit roster that had to be dragged to fifty. Wins, now if he were to make the finals with this, roster that is. Unreal but and shout out To Zach lowe for you, know making it, Clear but this idea that, oh no one On denver other Than joker would get minutes For Oklahoma. City and that's Why jokers THE mvp over. Shape there are four guys on The nuggets who would play big minutes for The, Thunder joker, Obviously Jamal, Murray Aaron, gordon And Michael Porter. Junior, now the rest of their players wouldn't crack The thunder's, rotation which is why The thunder are so deep and so. Good but let's not over state THAT i the key To Denver, clippers other than the obvious Will kawi stay, healthy is going to be do we get Playoff Jamal? Murray that's a, positive and do we get Playoff James harden that's a. Negative and, also you know what Can Chris dunn do defensively on the perimeter against The nuggets and does interim head Coach. Adamman, Uh Dave, adelman you know you're old man when you start doing the thing THAT i used to laugh at broadcasters for, doing which is they call the famous son the dad's. Name So Rick adelman was a FAMOUS nba. Coach, forever WHENEVER i See Dave, ADELMAN i think Of. Rick but take set that. Aside Will Dave adelman have the courage to uh Sit Russell westbrook in crunch? Time because that's what you're gonna have to, do and.
Speaker 2: So that Is it's, crazy, man we talked. ABOUT i just gotta sit him in crunch. Time it's not like a like at a defensive.
Speaker 3: Liability it's just if the game is close and if it's on the, WAY i can't trust.
Speaker 1: HIM i, Mean russ, GUY i. Listen fair's. FAIR i did this To Julius. RANDALL i should do it To. Russ russ playoff series the last few. YEARS i, mean it's truly. Unfathomable so last year Against, dallas nineteen minutes per, game gave you a nice robust six four and one on twenty three percent. Shooting, okay, no that's not. Fair i'm, sorry twenty three percent from. Three he was twenty six percent from the field the previous year In round, one scored a lot and HAD i think one really good. Game still forty one percent from the field the previous time he was in the playoffs when he was the best player on The wizards in that, series thirty three percent from the. Field Russell westbrook Since Kevin durant left The. Thunder so think about how long that. Is Since Kevin durant left The thunder is shooting in the postseason thirty eight percent from the, field twenty nine percent from. THREE i, mean that's a that Is Kevin durant left The thunder a year Before luca was. Drafted so, like it's a long time and so you just can't play. Him and SO i wonder If addleman will be able to do. It and by the, way maybe you, will because supposedly one of the issues For Michael malone was he wanted to keep playing it and he wanted to, play you, know in crunch time over the young, guys all, right.
Speaker 3: Did make sense as time went by and facts came, Out, see, yeah well he.
Speaker 2: Was crazy at the.
Speaker 1: Time it seems like, it and it seems like the players were fine with it all. RIGHT i promised we were going to get to THE nfc over. Unders but before we do, That, uh THE nba eighty two game grind is done and now now the real fun. Begins THE Nba playoffs are here and it's time for all the high stakes, drama clutch, moments and jaw dropping. Plays can't. Wait if you're looking to make the playoffs even more, Exciting DraftKings sportsbook has you covered as an official sports betting partner of THE nba from the playing games all the way through to the. Finals now's the time to back your favorite players and teams as they chase Glory all season. Long Draft games has been the go to spot FOR nba player props pardon, me and that doesn't stop. Now want to make your playoff experience even more, intense try placing a bet on your favorite players? Performance will they drop thirty forty? More your? Call ready to place your first? Bet download help me out, here download The DraftKings sportsbook gap lock in your bets and make this playoff run, unforgettable something special for first. Timers New DraftKings Customers bet five, dollars get two one hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly make it a playoff run to. Remember With, DraftKings download The DraftKings sportsbook. App use code right that's code RIGHT wrighd for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only On. DraftKings The crown is. Yours gambling problem call one eight hundred gambler In New york call eight seven seven eight hope in why or text hope in, why which is four six seven three six Nine In. Connecticut help is available for problem Gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or VISIT ccpg dot. Org please play responsibly on behalf Of, Boothill casino and resort In kansas twenty one plus age in eligibility varies by jurisdiction void In. Ontario bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after. Issuance for additional terms and responsible gaming, resources SEE dkng dot co slash b ball all. Right all of our win, totals by the, way our courtesy Of, DraftKings and a recap of what we did in THE. Afc we went under on The patriots over on The, jets under on The, steelers a, tentative over on The, ravens over on The, jags under on The, titans over on The, chiefs and over on The. Raiders all, right, demonse you go ahead and give me each team and we'll do THE nfc as quickly as we. Can.
Speaker 3: Here go, ahead, yes. Sir so you've got The. Eagles they're over under set at eleven and a.
Speaker 1: Half so IF i had to bit make a pick, HERE i would go slight. Under but you don't have to make a pick like this is tougher. Schedule you, know did guys the uh you, know did The Super bowl relax them a? Bit but they? Did you, know they won fourteen games last. Year BUT i WOULD i would that to stay away from. Me and this next one is a more interesting.
Speaker 2: One go, ahead you got we got The. Commanders they're over unders nine and a.
Speaker 1: Half So i'm going to go under nine and a half for The commanders purely BECAUSE i think the whole world's gonna be on the. OVER i think that schedules. TOUGHER i think that you're not gonna sneak up on. ANYBODY i had the schedule in front of, Me i'm gonna pull it up. Again we talked to this actually on THE tv show. Yesterday so they don't have a single game outside of the division with a team that we that everyone expects to be. Awful so and again we're not always right about, that but they don't have any WHAT i would call layup. Games so their home schedule outside of the Division, Seattle, Chicago, denver The, raiders The. Lions that's not, brutal but no. Layups, now maybe you think The raiders are gonna be. AWFUL i Don't their road schedule no easy ones, Either, Packers, Chiefs, Chargers, Vikings, Falcons. Dolphins so you add to That dak should be, healthy you, know is you would think he's gonna be. HEALTHY i think The giants are gonna be slightly. BETTER i think everyone's gonna be on The. COMMANDERS i think that you now have a little more tape On jayden and last year they were so great in the, clutch close, games all go slight. Under The cowboys are at seven and a, half that's a stay away to. Me that number is exactly. Right and now the interesting One. Demons, yeah we've we got The. Giants they're over under five and a half over under five and a half with plus money on the over plus one. FIFTEEN i like The giants. OVER i think The, giants the head coach AND gm know if we're not good this, year we're. Fired SO i expect them on draft day to be, Aggressive like you could see them potentially trading future picks to move up because they're, like, well if we're not, good those aren't gonna be our. Picks you know that's somebody else's. Problem they're gonna be able to draft ob Dul carter at number. Three they're gonna go From Tommy DeVito at quarterback And Daniel jones at. Quarterback Two Russell, wilson who will be, fine won't be? Good oh be. Fine can The giants win seven? GAMES i think they. CAN i like The giants. Over let's go to THE Nfc.
Speaker 2: North first, off we got The. Lions they're over unders ten and a.
Speaker 1: Half so this will be a tentative over for. Me for The Detroit, Lions i've battled with this one a. BIT i don't think they're going to be a fifteen win juggernaut, again but you Get Aiden hutchinson. BACK i don't love losing both coordinators And by the, way this might be a flip. FLOP i don't remember LIKE i, am you KNOW i Actually i'm rescinding WHAT i said. There this is a stay.
Speaker 2: Away, YEAH i was.
Speaker 3: Shocking go, ahead given what you said about The, commanders like more confident in them winning less than going under nine and a half than The lions takes.
Speaker 1: Why The lions? Listen The lions concern for me is the coordinator losses like that to me is you, know losing Both Aaron glennae And Ben Johnson and how much does being so close to The Super bowl the last two years hurt? Them BUT i still think they're the best team in that. Division and DO i think that that division's not gonna have any team win eleven? Games probably. Not BUT I i had said this was a tentative over WHEN i talked about it ON, TV i was squeamish about. It that's a stay away for. Me all, right let's go to the other.
Speaker 2: Ones, uh we got The. Packers they're over unders nine and a.
Speaker 1: Half that to me is the exact right. Line So i'll stay away from that one as. WELL i think The, PACKERS i, again IF i had to, PICK i would pick an under but you don't have to, pick you don't have to bet THESE i am this is a big year For Jordan. Love, yeah and where it's not that people are out On Jordan, love but not quite as in on him as they were this time last year when they were a Trendy Super bowl. PICK i also think the division's, brutal so that that number is exactly, right and you, Know i'll stay away from it next.
Speaker 3: ONE i feel LIKE i know where you're going. Here we got The bears over under eight and a.
Speaker 1: Half, yeah you do know Where i'm. GOING i am going. OVER i think a much better offensive, line a much Better Caleb, williams a much better head, coach and another opportunity to draft an impact player in the top. Ten all those, Reasons i'm not gonna Say bears to The Super bowl LIKE i did last. Year that was a, mistake BUT i think they should be in the mix for a wild card spot all. YEAR i also still crazily think that if they don't allow That Hail mary Against, washington maybe that whole season goes. Differently but it was probably good for them to clean house the way they. Did BUT i will take The bears over and now the most intriguing one in the.
Speaker 2: Division, Demonse we've got The. Vikings they're over under at eight and a half.
Speaker 1: With heavy juice on the over at minus one.
Speaker 2: Five So.
Speaker 1: I'm going to stay away from this. One the question, is really how much DO i Trust kevin. O'Connell DO i think That kevin, O'Connell with any healthy quarterback can just get you to double digit? Wins they won thirteen games With Kirk, cousins they won fourteen games With Sam. Darnold and the reason it's a stay away is for me is because they seem at least a little unsure about the health OF jj McCarthy's, knee and that concerns me by. Itself BUT i love the, INFRASTRUCTURE i really like the, roster and SO i will stay away for. NOW i somebody like whoever finishes last in that division is gonna be, Devastated like every team in that division feels like they should be a playoff. Team The vikings are projected to finish. Last they won fourteen games last, Year so my only pick in that division is The bears Over i'm gonna save us time here on THE Nfc. South my lean Is i'm staying away from this entire gross. Division The bucks numbers nine and a, half The falcons number seven and a, half The saints number six and a, half and The panthers number six and a. Half And i'm Just i'm staying away from that entire division because there are three picks in THE Nfc. WEST i, like so let's go through the.
Speaker 3: Uh, first we got The. Niners they're over under sent at ten and a, half and you're going.
Speaker 1: DOWN i like the. Under. YEAH i think that them being the favorites to win that division and having the highest win total in that division is disrespectful to The. RAMS i also think a team that Lost hafanga In greenlaw and debo and you, know was clearing out this money to Pay Brock and we don't know how Healthy christian mccafferrey's going to. Be we don't know When brandon And AUT's going to be back from HIS acl we you, know we don't know when, Finally Trent williams the age is going to show. UP i JUST i Love. SHANAHAN i think this is the least talented roster he's had in years there and we have they were a six win team last, Year SO i don't or seven win. TEAM i think six, wins, yeah six and eleven last. YEAR i don't know where the five extra wins are coming. FROM i know they, were you, know destroyed by injury last. Year they probably won't be quite as disastrous injury luck this. Year but No, debo no Green law WHO i understand they didn't Like he And hufanga missed a lot of time last year with, injury other losses on the defensive. LINE i do you like them Adding Robert, Sala but that to me is an.
Speaker 3: Under, yeah you've got The.
Speaker 2: Rams they're over under cent at nine and a, half.
Speaker 1: And this to me is the clear and easy. OVER i think they're the best team in the. Division kind of a last ride With. Stafford they were able to keep their left. TACKLE i Think DeVante adams will be better Than Cooper cup for. Them they've drafted that defensive line full of young guys last. Year you expect them all to be. BETTER i wonder if they, consider you, know spending a premium draft pick on a running. Back not. Nothing It's Kieran, williams BUT i think there's a good running back. Class maybe they go tight. END i don't, know BUT i think The rams are a Legitimate Super bowl contender this. YEAR i like it so THAT i don't mind paying the juice on the over nine and a half minus one, thirty especially when you consider the fact that they they they dealt like the ramp like The niners did with brutal injuries last, year and they still were the only team to give The eagles a game in the, playoffs found their way into the, playoffs won the. Division all that all.
Speaker 2: Right next we got The. Seahawks they're over unders eight and a.
Speaker 1: Half this is the only One i'm staying away. FROM i think they got worse at, quarterback but not but and obviously they lost you, know some, receivers BUT i like their. COACH i also think the schedule's not, brutal and so that's a stay away from. Me and this was maybe the most shocking over under on the board to.
Speaker 2: Me Demontse we got The. Cardinals they're over unders set at eight and a. Half, yeah that's a steaming.
Speaker 1: UNDER i don't know why we would think The cardinals are gonna win more games than they. LOSE i don't know why anyone would Think kyler's gonna be able to be good for seventeen. GAMES i don't know what defensive personnelity they have that you love other Than Buddha baker THE i know they have some young players they've invested money. In BUT i JUST i expect The cardinals to be. BAD i would LIKE i would have guessed their preseason over under would have been six and a half like it was last. Year what did they do to? Earns they did win eight games last, year but to earn a better benefit of the, doubt. DON'T i don't get that. One so in THE, nfc we are Going giants, Over commanders, Under bears, Over niners Under rams, over And cardinals under all, right, remembered every remindered everybody like, rate, subscribe, review hit the, bell do all that. Stuff it actually really. Helps i'm gonna, check did we officially during today's show hit two hundred? Thousand i'm being told we did. Not what a failure by. Us, Jeez, LOUISE i need to be. Better bad job by. Me we got a few minutes left in today's show to hit. IT i think we're like two hundred, away but so we'll hit it at some point. Today all, Right, DeMont let's do some of these listener questions if we Could.
Speaker 3: Breeze, says do you think this is a good chance For giannis to have a twenty Eighteen lebron type?
Speaker 2: Postseason, well it would.
Speaker 1: BE i, mean that's what he would have to. DO i just don't twenty Eighteen lebron might be the single best version Of. Lebron there's an argument for, it And giannis is not quite that caliber of, player and The east is harder than it was in twenty. Eighteen so it would be a chance for, it BUT i don't think he can do.
Speaker 3: It next rule of, halves as would you do one of Those jubilee shows versus twenty sports fans Like skip? Did if, so what would you like the primise to.
Speaker 1: Be i'd never rule anything, out AND i think it might be fun to debate a bunch of. Strangers but SO i wouldn't rule it. Out so MAYBE i would do that at some. Point that could be. FUN i haven't watched The skip, thing a little bit of, it, yeah and SO i so maybe at some.
Speaker 2: Point i'm not. Sure, Next roddy Asked Nick.
Speaker 3: Nick if The lakers beat The Tea, wolves could you See minnesota go after Coach Mike.
Speaker 1: Malone, WELL i don't think they would Fire Chris. FINCH i do know obviously The, timberwolves you, know are built by the guy who built The, nuggets and you, know so they have a. Relationship BUT i don't know they'd Fired Chris. FINCH i think he's done a good. Job but, yes if they did Fire Chris, FINCH i assume that's who they would go.
Speaker 3: For Right, next quad ass And Jimmy butler wins is? It is it bad for? Basketball guys Like, Tatum, Jokic Aunt, Harden lebron and so on should just rest and relax during the regular season and then turn it.
Speaker 1: On, WELL i understand what you're saying, there BUT A jimmy's an older. Player he didn't always do, this he has the last few. Years and b it's if you're, saying if he wins the entire, THING i get what you, Mean, like if he wins the whole thing and is awesome the whole way like, that we would want. Guys it would make the regular season feel less. IMPORTANT i get, That BUT i think bad for basketball is too, strong all? Right, next, no go too hard to? Find hard to?
Speaker 3: Find as a double, Question nick to The MAVs still Retire luca's number And demond's wont are you streaming?
Speaker 1: Again, okay well you want to answer your?
Speaker 2: Question all streams?
Speaker 3: There, yeah there's some there's some new games THAT i feel might be nice to have other people watch me. Do BUT i just always started doing the streaming, thing AND i feel LIKE i get a little bit weird about Like i'm being inside of my. Apartment and, YEAH i don't, know LIKE i FEEL i feel a little strange about it ONCE i start the. Video but but, Yeah i'll definitely take a crack at it soon and you guys will be.
Speaker 1: Learned and then he has, said will The MAVs still Retire luca's? Number that's an interesting. ONE i, mean if, so it won't be for a very very long, time like it'd be after his. Career answer is probably, Not like maybe maybe you gotta see you trade a guy away and then and then retires entire.
Speaker 2: Number.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now some people think The heat should Retire jimmy's number at some, Point SO i don't, Know, like if.
Speaker 2: You're annoying on your way, Out i'm, Like i'm, SORRY.
Speaker 1: I agree with. YOU i, Agree And noel, said what about THE afc win. Totals that was Our april eighth, Episode so you can go back on the YouTube page or in a podcast feed and you'll be able to find my full thoughts on all of. Those all, right great. Job demand's a great, Job Blue Dock Volume. DraftKings everybody appreciate you. Guys enjoy the playoff basketball this week and possibility for A Sunday Morning Easter Morning, Ooh Sunday's Easter Easter sunday emergency episode potentially if the family will allow, it and if we can do it for After, Lakers timberwolves And round Or day one of THE Nba, playoffs see you guys ON tv in a few. Hours what's, right