Speaker 1: Have you seen there's that video of like this British comedian there was like j k Rowling coming up with ethnic characters. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen it, but it's I can imagine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was. They like it started off being like there's you know, uh Cho Chang. It like would be like Chinese flag, and then it'd be Ghanaian flags like Kingsley shackle Bolt because it and then it was like then it said Turkish and it's just like Schwarmababa, just like.
Speaker 2: The road I mean Kingsley shackle Bolt one. She literally had and was like, oh, I mean, didn't she like claim to start writing the book on nap napkins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think there's something out of here at a donor kabab place.
Speaker 2: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three eighty seven, Episode three of Dead Eely.
Speaker 1: Hi guys, that's right.
Speaker 2: It's a production of iHeartRadio and it's a podcast where you take a deep dave into American share consciousness. And it is Wednesday, May seventh, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Oh man, what a day? What a day? They call it. They call it Tourism Day is what they call it. It's also National Bike to School Day, National Interpreter Appreciation Day, National Packaging Design Day, National Skilled Trades shout out the trades, National Barrier Awareness Day, that's about accessibility. National School Nurse Day, shout out Miss Lee, the school nurse who we would always lie say we bumped our mouth so we could get a bag of ice, just to eat the ice. That's what romped our mouth. Yeah, I hit my mouth on the teather ballpool. I wasn't looking. I need to go to Miss Lee, and she was just let's keep bumping their mouth, I know. And you would get this big ass bag of crushed ice and they would just bite the things, just eat that all day and.
Speaker 2: Then be sure it wasn't like the gel the like the blue gel pack, Like you're sure you were just eating straight up? All right?
Speaker 1: That's I don't know. I mean I did. My stomach did go into a state of paralysis every time I had one of those icebags. But I don't know.
Speaker 2: The jury's out.
Speaker 1: It's also National Roast leg of Lamb Day and National paste up Day. Paste up, Yeah, it's it looks like a serial killer cutting letters out of a newspaper. It's what the images like with an exact knife.
Speaker 2: That sounds like people in scrapbook trying to like come up with like a street sounding name for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're doug. This is this is This is a tip of the hat to the old times of putting together a newspaper where shit literally had to be pasted together, pasted up. Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, so remembering the titans of industry of Prince. All right, my name is Jack O'Brien.
Speaker 2: Akay I peel the bananass b A and a and a ass that one courtesy of David Lesser, honor of you know, the conversation that we had yesterday about where you.
Speaker 1: Peel the banana from.
Speaker 2: You peel it from the handle that's at the top, the hand, feel it from the bananas, yeah, the bottom part that where all the little things come together in a little banana asshole. And some say, and I've had this experience that the bananas is actually more efficient place to peel from. And I just don't believe it.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think fast to try. I know you know what, yo, Loki, I did this this morning, did you. Yeah? Because the kid woned the banana and I was like, all right, assholes, let's have it. You're away. And then I was like, and I mushed the ship out of it. I'm like, nah, bro, you mushed a good old yeah, just trying to separate the other part. I don't know, bro, I can get that peel off so clean from.
Speaker 2: The hand top side, yeah, yeah, handleside. All right. Well, I'm thrilled to be joined by my former coast. I don't know if we're gonna survive that revelation that we peeled from two different side.
Speaker 1: What mister miles shit? All right, well, I guess for my last one, I'll go out like this one.
Speaker 3: Oh shin saw me ow sa Sam's Club, stumbling like a drug until I floaded my back foot in line and land. It would not bum you see that, motherfucker.
Speaker 1: I never failed. I never failed, bitch. Okay, that was bone crusher, never scared. But that was an illusion to me, slipping and recovering in the grocery store parking lot and one dude not giving me the fucking big ups I respect you deserve anyway, Shout out.
Speaker 2: House you on sound for that fantastic. One of these days you're gonna get the respect. You're it's gonna like have it on national television.
Speaker 1: And I'm not going to do.
Speaker 2: You're gonna like glide across an icy street like through traffic. You're gonna become internationally famous, and you're gonna be like Michael Jordan when he was inducted into the Hall of Fame, where you just like still are motivated by your hatred of that one guy who wouldn't respect you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're like, how did it feel?
Speaker 2: I'm like, and I took that personal.
Speaker 1: You know this one motherfucker. You know this all started because of one motherfucker. And he doesn't respect you.
Speaker 2: He doesn't he doesn't know how how much skill it takes to recover from a slip like that, exactly, exactly. That's some ship that I will throw my back out over, just like a slip, you know, like or something like So, just like I'm gonna go seize up all of a sudden.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go to the Northeast where they say the slips are intense, and I'm gonna have to dominate the region, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Him like Batman begins going to the Himalayans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on my icy sidewalk sliding game.
Speaker 2: The way his name in that movie is, Batman begins, I hope everybody respects that it's not Bruce Wayne's that there goes Batman begins. Miles were thrilled to be joined in our third seat by one of our favorite guests, a very funny comedian writer, Banana Ass Peeler. Yeah, you've seen doing stand up in places like uh, your TV and internet. His album ran Through is now available on Apple and Vinyl. His podcasts Finding My Audience is available wherever fine podcasts are away for free. Please welcome back to the show. The hilarious Alan Strickler, Will.
Speaker 4: Y'all, y'all gonna be here? Yeah, and just on the banana ass peeling piece. I the reason why I do that is because my friend in high school said, that's the way the monkeys do it.
Speaker 2: That's right, That's how we got to it yesterday.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I figured, I'm like, well, if that, if that's how they do it, then I feel like that's how we sho Why do they do it? They're crazy?
Speaker 1: Also, throw their ship at each other. Yeah, do that too.
Speaker 4: We should do that too.
Speaker 1: We are starting to do that.
Speaker 4: We should that.
Speaker 2: So we're doing a rehearsal style training for the one hundred man versus Gorilla fight. So we're just trying to get in their head, right, I'm throwing my ship everywhere.
Speaker 1: Start at birth as a baby gorilla. Yeah yeah, did you watch? Did you watch the third up? I did?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, somebody because I'm like, babe, we gotta I hear. I hear the third episode of rehearsals like amazing, we gotta check it out. And then I'm the one who's like vouching for this thing that is just so fucking during Over the Top. Al are you watching?
Speaker 4: I haven't seen the new season yet.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's if you're If you like Nathan Fielders ship like it's not, you will not be disappointed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've been. I've been on the I've been finishing up the Righteous Jomstones.
Speaker 1: Yeah oh yeah, and I'm behind on that. So it is the better, it's the better. Walton Goggins on HBO performance. I gotta say everyone, White Lotus I'm like, bro, you're uncle.
Speaker 2: Baby Billy White Lotus was a crime. Like the way that character was written. He didn't have ship to do.
Speaker 1: He just likes that.
Speaker 2: I mean, he was great in that one scene where the what Sam Rockwell was giving that speech and his just reactions were incredible, but like for the most part, he was just like I feel like the direction was just like act like you have a headache the whole time, you know, like it just felt like yet ahead, I act like you don't want to be on this showy Like I was like, for what, like have you seen him? And vice principles? That shit is so fucking funny. He is so hilarious and like so just like high energy and then too like that role I guess was supposed to be uh, Woody Harrelson, right, Woody Harrelson, and that that makes sense, Like that's who should have played that role, I guess, But.
Speaker 1: I don't know. That probably would have brought out a lot of his recent comments to like and feel have been like Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: So I don't even know and don't want to. I just enjoy him in the whatever commercials those are with Matthew McConaughey. He's in those now two Yeah, he keeps like one uping Matthew McConaughey. Matthew McConaughey is like just getting shipped on by the world.
Speaker 1: Just so funny, man.
Speaker 4: Those commercials are like whether for like bank stuff, but it's Power Bay by AI, and it's like, these really folksy guys just like, hey, that's great.
Speaker 2: Which is exactly why they picked them, by the way. You know, they're like, how do we make this not seem like we are the borg mind that is going to take over your whole world and family. It's like, well, let's get like some folksy, Southern kind of guys who seem to chill.
Speaker 1: Yeah. If the guy who seems chilling narrates the RFK junior documentary, oh good good Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, man, maybe it's pretty chill. It just needs to take a step back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny for guys who like are kind of crunching and into the earth that they'd also advocate to it for a technology that's actively destroying the earth. Right. But again, the checks though, the checks, that's what makes you marketable. You know.
Speaker 2: You start your career with like a certain set of presumed values that are needing a hairline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then they.
Speaker 2: Sell those off to the big corporations as they as they require you do.
Speaker 4: By the way. Matthew McConaughey's Green Lights great read, great read, and great read and a great audiobook because it's just him talking about his life. But yeah, pretty pretty pretty insane. And he was like he was like going bald as a like in high school or something. He did like some crazy back then, some crazy hair treatment and stuff he talks about. But it's just really funny because this whole the whole thing is about like green lights, about like in life, there's green lights that like get you on your way. And he'll just write this long thing and it's like about like love or whatever, and that he just goes green light.
Speaker 1: That's like punctuates a line. That's a green line, green line.
Speaker 2: That line.
Speaker 1: I watched his kick flip.
Speaker 2: I like the big like personal challenge he went through is like almost losing his hair, like the mostly we're just human.
Speaker 4: Went through an awkward phase.
Speaker 2: It wasn't always easy for me.
Speaker 4: And then I got the first job I auditioned for and it's been working and just sing it uh.
Speaker 2: And that's what we call green light, green line. All right, we're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell the listeners a couple of the things we're talking about today. We want to check back in with Trump's Alcatraz plan because we got we got some insight into what where this decision came from a fascinating little monologue that you delivered. We'll check in with the tariffs, both, you know, the monetary side of it, like how what what it's supposed to be bringing in money wise and what it's actually going to and also the movie tariff. You know, we're we like movies on this podcast. Yes, dang tariff come coming home to roost. So we just want to look at the history of that decision, where it came from. Why it's not like it's.
Speaker 1: Impossibly there came from a guy who was in anaconda. Yeah, but also like it can't be.
Speaker 2: It's so weird because everybody, like the Hollywood reporter La Times is all just like front page, like what does this mean for the future of Los Angeles and like it's not even possibly, Like I don't know, it doesn't seem like it's a thing. It's not a terifable thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyways, we'll talk about that. We might get to how Newark Airport doesn't work anymore.
Speaker 1: It's just I saw it headline or I saw one headline that was like a former guy was like it's a disaster waiting to happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they just like lost they lost contact, you know when like a phone will drop, that like a phone call will drop. That happened to their entire connection from their air traffic control to all the airplanes for thirty seconds.
Speaker 4: I heard they're actually changing the name of the airport to no.
Speaker 2: Work, no work, don't work, more like don't don't work liberty Internet ego, did it out? Do not talk? Was good?
Speaker 1: Yours was good? All that plenty more.
Speaker 2: But first, alum, we do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history?
Speaker 4: Okay, so this is connected to another thing of mine, but I'll just I'll just leave it at this. I was looking up Mary Lou Henner because she I thought she showed up in the season finale of Er and it was her, And then from that I jumped over to she has something called I think I have the tab up right now. She has something called hyperthymesia, which is there's like one hundred people in the world that can it's not just memory, but it's like they can recall pretty much everything that they've ever experienced, who was there, what they were wearing, everything around it without it really even being recall, it's not like they're using tricks or trying to remember it. It's just like their brain just works this way. So that's what I don't I don't do Google search really anymore. So I I just like looked at what I was been on up to on Wikipedia. But that's it. Hyperthymeesia blew my world two nights ago.
Speaker 2: That's wild.
Speaker 1: But also before that, you said you were watching the A season finale of ER.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I mean kind of connected to the other stuff I got after I watched the Pit talking about great TV shows. Watched the Pit, Pit ended, and I was like, I need my fix, So I I just went to the methadone to the pits Heroin and try to watch an ER.
Speaker 2: So the Pit is better than ER.
Speaker 4: It's different. It's like ER is more of like a ER is way more of like an old older TV show, like like there's like very special episodes. There are similar people involved in the creation of it. The main guy on the Pit, he starts as a like first year medical student or whatever at the hospital on the first episode of R so you get to watch him, but he is like fifteen. It's fifteen seasons long.
Speaker 1: It's in safe.
Speaker 4: It's also back back when like TV shows had twenty episodes a season. Yeah, and it just goes through so many different like people show up. And this was also back when like the big thing was like you'd have like a movie star guesting on a TV show, right, so it'd be like that'd be like, oh wow, it's really special that like Ernest borgnine a.
Speaker 2: Very special episode of Are Within.
Speaker 4: But yeah, so, and I was a big I watched a lot of nickd Night of a kid. I just saw someone talking about how there's no Nick ad Night anymore. But you know it's like where you see like old chest from the seventies or sixties.
Speaker 1: Or whatever they ship Cannick Night.
Speaker 4: I just think it's like it's two yeah was dead.
Speaker 1: Who was watching?
Speaker 4: If young people would know how to do anything with it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 2: We watched that out of like boredom because there's nothing else.
Speaker 1: There's nothing time, right, I com barely you would watch nicked Night, oh really?
Speaker 2: But sometimes incidentally, Passing by Taxi was so good.
Speaker 4: It had it had Mary Lou and it had Danny DeVito and Christopher Lloyd and and uh, who's the crazy guy Andy Kaufman coffin any Kaufman. But yeah, so I was like, that looks like Mary Lou Henterory who used to watch Watch every night at ten pm or whatever and it was her. But yeah, so she's got that crazy thing. I don't know that does she it?
Speaker 2: Like when when she talks about it, does she is she glad she had? There's a bourgeous short story called The Memorious that's like about somebody who very seventies TV style like gets hit on the head and has this ability to stop remembering everything and like they come to view it as a curse. Like does she does she feel like it's a curse or.
Speaker 4: I don't think so. I think she probably likes it. I mean she's pretty like hippie dippy too. I remember this weird. I remember seeing her on like Oprah or something and also being like, is that the lady from Taxi? But she was like hawking some like scrub like it's like literally like a like a sponge and she was just about how I was like, it's good to like wipe off your dead skin cells in this in this certain direction. And I was like, oh this cry out there or whatever. But but yeah, I didn't really read too much about her her specific experience with it. I just kind of I do that. I'm a big Wikipedia.
Speaker 2: Wikipedia is the only unbroken part of Yeah. Yeah, the only thing that technology has given us that. I'm still like, you should give me a good idea, like a plus on this one.
Speaker 1: I just a couple bucks every year. Oh yeah, me too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like hanging out that. Wikipedia is my third space.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's square. What's something you think is underrated?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm gonna say. We spa right here in Los Angeles. We spas a twenty four hour, seven day a week Korean spa. I feel like you can go at any time. I think us thirty five dollars just to get in and then you can just you can enjoy the hot tubs and the songs and everything. It's just amazing. And I just feel like, especially in LA, it's like I I feel like if it's recognized and everything, but I still don't feel like enough people are going. I feel like.
Speaker 2: People no, no, for sure like love talking about it. But yeah, so all right, get described because I've had this pitch to me. My wife is Korean and we she's gone, but I just like have not been able to like get myself motivated to go, like when you go, what what's what's that afternoon?
Speaker 4: So the thing about it that that does turn people off is it's like when you're in this sort of like gendered it's like separated, like so men women women, yeah, yeah, yeah, And I think that they're also pretty good on on the gender fluidity stuff. But you go and the thing is that you have to be when you're in those areas, you're naked. So it's like and you don't have to be naked. There's tons of people that just wear the shorts or whatever. But that's the thing that tows you off. You get a little locker. But then it's like what I typically do is like you go, they have showers, You take a shower, and then I'll I usually go straight to the sauna. I like the wet sauna I think they call it, which sounds really gross actually, but it's not the dry one whatever it is.
Speaker 2: So but it's not a steamroom. It's a sauna where they're pouring water on the rocks.
Speaker 4: Oh maybe it's a steam room because the thing comes out the thing comes out of something. It's not rocks.
Speaker 1: There's like five different levels that you can get hit with in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and so so so there's like the lower levels where like you're chilling and you can like, yeah, you get in the soda. Then there's a hot tub, a warm tub, a cold tub. You can chill there. And then there's like there's a room that's just recliners and like a TV that's usually showing whatever sports is on. You can go there. You can I have my I'll take my laptop and I'll work. I'll work in that room. And then there's a sleeping room where you can straight up just be like I'm I feel like I can sleep right now. You can go steal an hour or two in there, and then you go upstairs to the Jim Joel Bang I think it's how you say it, and it's like there you there. You have like these multiple different rooms that are co ed. People are you're obviously wearing like a shirt now or whatever, but and shorts, but uh you you can go there and that's also pulling it and the floor is like heated in this huge room, so it's a lot of people. It's like you just go in to sort of lie down there. Read there's a little cafe that has good food, and then there's also upstairs there's like a sort of outdoor area where you can chill like ancient.
Speaker 1: It's very like chilling laying down.
Speaker 4: It's like it's like it's like a Korean version of like a of like a bath house, I guess. But but it's like families go and stuff. So it's not you don't feel weird there or whatever, but I know that it can be weird with like they're getting naked thing, but I and it was, And the weirdest part about it is it's not that you're naked. It's like you don't know where to go the first time you're there and to be naked and kind of like that's naked it afraid for real. But but you so you go the first time and maybe go with like a friend or go with your wife, and then that way you can beat up later. But then then it's like the second time, then you're like then you're like a pro and you see the p yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, so you don't get and then it's kind of yeah exactly. So so anyway, that's.
Speaker 2: The people who are new and start like being naked naked.
Speaker 1: Triangle Bell.
Speaker 2: Let's take a quick break, we'll come back, We'll hear what you think is overrated and get into some news, and we're back. We're back, and Alan Strickland Williams, we love to ask, I guess we love it. What is something that you think is overrated? Okaya is underrated? What's overrated?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go kind of in the same same like direction, but the other way, I'm gonna say Florida. I know Florida is already I would say underrated, it's not underrated enough, or it's not or it's people already don't think highly of it. So I think I think it. I think it's but I still think it's it's too overrated. It is a sign, and it's a it's an uncontrolled sign in a lot of ways. But yeah, it's like because people are moving there, like and you know, it's like still you are moving there in Texas purpose on purpose has a choice and yeah, so that's sort of like I'm from there, so I can. I can definitely, I definitely researched that. I've definitely done the time, gone back recently, did some Wikipedia and yeah, and it's still uh, it's still just a mess down there, very overrated, very These people don't know that. These people do not know the the psychic trauma that they're setting their celves up for when they moved to Florida.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did a Thanksgiving in Florida and my parents got the turkey at a place that is just like I don't know why, but it's like Trump the Like there was a cutout of Donald Trump and a urinal cake that had Joe Biden's face on it. But then they bought their turkey from this place, like yeah turkey.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's like a furinal furin cake.
Speaker 2: Tough. Yeah, yeah, exactly, it's Yeah, it's like a Whole Foods, but Florida style. I want to publics. It's not a public so it's like some some something that's unique there. Yeah, it's not shout out to wind Dixie. That's where my sister used to work when we lived in Kentucky. All right, should we get into some news. Yeah, it's still happening, this news stuff, but yeah, we wanted to check back on the evolving story of why Donald Trump wants to open Alcatraz.
Speaker 1: Evolving and that we solved it immediately too. He must have saw it on TV. Yeah.
Speaker 2: We were like, he probably saw Escape from the trast.
Speaker 4: My thing is, I'm like, yes, probably, but it would be funnier if he got the idea from watching So I married an axe murderer, right and the Phila?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, what was it? Something about a bitch and their ocular cavities or something. I remember always being like, what the fuck? And that was that would just be on.
Speaker 2: Comedy Central, no editing, I remember as a kid. But yeah, he was asked and you know, just went off prompter and gave his answer, and it was an amazing answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it's it is wild because you're just like, what the what could it? What prompted this? And the answer he gave when a journalist asked was actually better than I could have even hoped because it was so all over the place and senile, Yeah, let's just realize that one of the one of his first responses here is that he says that he should have been a movie. Oh you're gonna hear this part, and here here we go.
Speaker 5: That you decide to reopen Alcatraz? Can you walk us through that decision? What to reopen Alcatraz?
Speaker 2: How will you get it?
Speaker 5: How did you come up with the idea.
Speaker 6: I guess I was supposed to be a movie maker. We're talking about we started with the movie making will End. I mean it represents something.
Speaker 2: So hold on, we started with the movie making will End.
Speaker 4: So talking about the tariff thing right before.
Speaker 2: Maybe he's talking about the tariff thing that we're going to talk about in a moment where he was like tear making tip. But what does that happen to do with alcatraz I think he's like trying. He's this is Trump jazz, this is Trump poetry, where he's like being like with I'm in touch with like the cinematic elements of like he does something to talk about. Yeah, he goes on to talk about like its power as an image, which is interesting.
Speaker 4: That's also true, but there's also funny because he a lot of these guys did want to be movie makers. Yeah, I think them, well he got shut out and everything. Okay, so this is so he's making it so in his head, he's making a little movie.
Speaker 1: I think. So let's okay, that's a charitable uh sort of analysis. Let him go on, he should I should have been a movie made. Then the movie I guess that was supposed to be a movie maker. I guess one more time movie maker. Let's let's just hear it again that you decide.
Speaker 5: To reopen Alcatraz. Can you walk us through that decision? What to reopen Alcatraz? How will you use it? How did you come up with the I?
Speaker 6: I guess I was supposed to be a movie maker. We're talking about we started with the movie making, or we'll end. I mean it represents something very.
Speaker 1: So Okay, I think he was saying it must be that the press conference was about the movie making. Yeah, and now he's booked, and I think he said and will end. I think he's trying to say that he's bookend.
Speaker 2: With movie talk. Yeah, okay, it's it's a gum.
Speaker 4: Is a Dan Harmon story cycle.
Speaker 1: He's going to student. Yeah, He's like, I'm actually more of the Joseph Campbell ver. I YEA Harmon took a lot of liberties with that, and they think he's a genius.
Speaker 4: But you know, not everything has to mean something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, strong, very powerful in terms of law and order. Our country needs law and order. Alcatraz is I would say the ultimate right, Alcatraz sing sing and Alcatraz movies.
Speaker 1: But the movie it's right now a museum.
Speaker 6: Believe it in a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Go there, wait, wait, I can't believe it. I believe you able to believe that I'm here. Oh my god, just like that's great affility to believe it for anyone that he's just learning as like it new to everybody else, and they're saying, it's a a museum.
Speaker 1: Now, believe it.
Speaker 2: Like that that is the pretext of the Rock, like the movie that we're all talking about, and assuming that he saw and like gave him the idea for this, the pretext is it's a museum now, Like that's the whole Everybody knows it's a museum, to the point that Michael Bay didn't feel the need to explain that it's a museum, and it was like, it's a museum.
Speaker 1: There is taken over, Yeah, deal with it.
Speaker 2: So I married an ax Berger, also an iconic as we mentioned, like a big scene that takes place at the Alcatraz Museum. But yeah, I think he's just his brain is not drawing necessarily on the nineties movies. I think it's like the seventies. I really think it's like Escape from Alcatraz mixed with like a coloring book picture of a jail cell on an island with a bunch of sharks circling it. Yeah, you know this would have been like that's the level of like a children's coloring place, Matt at a Caro's restaurant, you know, in the Bay Area, it's like, oh, old, can you color around the sharks around Alcatraz? I mean yeah, even in the rock there's the guy when they when when they get put in the cell, that one guys goes, man.
Speaker 1: What kind of fucked up tour isness? And still great? Sure he goes on. Though there's there's a lot more. It's a very powerful image, okay, And I believe it or not, it's a museum and also dilapidated.
Speaker 2: A lot of people don't know.
Speaker 6: This, and nobody ever escaped. One person almost got there.
Speaker 1: But that's not true. Three people access and found again, but okay, sorry to fact check.
Speaker 6: They as you know the story, they found his clothing rather badly ripped up, and it was a lot of shark bites, a lot of a lot of problems. Nobody's ever escaped from Alcatraz, and.
Speaker 2: You know, they found his clothing badly ripped up and it was a lot of shark bites, a lot of how many shark bites at least a few packs? How big was this shirt?
Speaker 1: Remberme those candies from the eighties, we used to shark bites.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was tiny sharks. They like hundreds of bites.
Speaker 4: They only eat shark bites.
Speaker 1: A lot of problems that even like the guy got so bit up. He's like, oh man, a lot of problems with that dead body that.
Speaker 2: Jail. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wait, that's funny too. It sounds like the way he talks, it sounds like he's talking about a guy named al Katrazz, tough guy made a prison.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He then goes on to reiterate the stupid ass point. He's like, and then we're gonna do it a lot bigger, a lot of big expanded on a an island with very limited square footage. You're gonna somehow expand the anyway. So it stood out it's just like one of those things too, because Stephen Miller also went on TV to try and defend it and just was like so bad at that.
Speaker 2: He was just doing the same.
Speaker 1: Like Stephen Miller's angle was more like, we need to do this to scare the ship out of evil people who will never anything more than murderers. And that's why Alcatraz is a great symbol. Like he was trying to pivot that. It's like, it's not that he thinks it's functionally great, but as a as an icon, it's great to scare. What do you remembering seeing the movies?
Speaker 4: Remember when Alcatraz was was in operation, no one was murdering anybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, it was America and still it was the fifties and sixties and seventies when murder was at an all time low.
Speaker 4: No one was murdering. There weren't even And it's not like anyone's going around and murdering multiple people and not getting.
Speaker 1: Away whatever in the Bay Area.
Speaker 4: No, never, hear No, I never heard of that.
Speaker 2: I never heard of that, not on Alcatraz.
Speaker 1: Watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, murdering people with Alcatraz in the background, the fucking Zodiac killers killing people with Alcatraz is the background.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's also the height of like murder in the United States.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, what why this guy's look? Why you why you pok in front of a senile old man that has no business being president of the United States of America. Should I should go easier and he just trump just goes man, you should really be punching up jack. Really, that's right.
Speaker 4: That's how you get that's how you get out of alcatraze. You gotta you gotta punch up through the soil.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, with a plastic spoon, and you can eat away at the concrete walls.
Speaker 4: And then you can actually you can actually write a shark to see right, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sharks are bad prison guards. They don't give a fuck about people. They aren't that like despite again, like this is from the quicksand image, how the world it's like. And then they have hungry sharks that are circling the island. He really believes that.
Speaker 1: Thunder with the James Bond classic Thunderball, you know, Emilio Largo had all those sharks around there. That's why.
Speaker 4: So I spent some time watching some Mike Myers movies this weekend, and I've got some ideas about multiple ideas.
Speaker 1: There should be a guy called fat Bastard that's yours.
Speaker 4: That's a good day.
Speaker 1: Sure, he's Scottish and he scares them. And then one guy who eats dead skin that'd be cool, called him gold Member. But anyway, this is his idea. We'll see where this goes. I feel like it's like everything he'll say it maybe mean it. Maybe it's a distraction. Maybe it's a distraction of the fact that tariffs are on the horizon and are going to absolutely.
Speaker 2: Make a ton of money. Right, Oh yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: So this is another thing he's been While he's been saying stuff like Alcatraz and I'm gonna tariff the movies, he's also been saying stuff like we're collecting more revenue from tariffs than Sleepy Joe Biden ever did. And he's basically Okay, this is this is all on the horizon. Just just to put everything into perspective, right, there was the ninety day pause on tariffs Trump announced in April. That's gonna end on July eighth. And trade deals take months to put together, and many people were like, he's gonna have to put together some new trade deals because like the other version is he just goes never mind, and that is he at least wants to have deals that he's made, and a lot of economists are like that takes months, in some cases years to flesh out.
Speaker 2: So any quote unquote deals deals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's why they say, like, I think a lot of economists are just being like they want to add the caveat there, like any perceived deal that he could make would likely lack the kind of complexity and thought that would actually end up being any kind of measurable win for the United States. So people like Hannity and Trump are talking up again amazing revenues that we're picking up and we're winning because of all this fucking tariff revenue. So just let's break the claim down for like one second. Trump has been bragging right that we're on course to collect over two hundred billion dollars in tariff revenue in twenty twenty five. And that's important because the whole reason Trump is obsessed with tariffs is because he's like, I like William mca Hindley, who was a terrible president who also loved tariffs. He coulds here, this is all a part of an effort to replace the IRS and get rid of income tax because that will be replaced with tariffs. That's the whole reason he's like, it's gonna be great, we won't even need income tax anymore because everyone is going to be bankrolling our shit now. Two hundred billion dollars is the most we would collect this year. In twenty twenty four, the IRS collected two point four trillion dollars in income taxes alone, So how thats more right? I'm not great with math, but yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I know B comes before T. Yeah, and you would think it's better alphabetically, but the T that's better. Actually two point two point four t trillion dollars very much a lot of money. So apparently he thinks he's gonna ten x that tariff to get to two point if he's claim he's like, we're about to get two hundred Okay, how do you get to two point four trillion? Because that's not gonna work. Oh that's right, because he's dumb and this makes no sense, and he's an old senile like fuck with whose best ideas come from other people's worst ideas. So please note the statistic to any like Maga person you talk to who thinks the tariffs will do anything except ruin this already fucked economy. It's like, okay, sure, two hundred billion, how do you get to two point four trillion?
Speaker 2: I do some very strong research.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, even beyond that. It's like I just saw something where the first shipments since all this started arrived in La gets everything first because it's closer to China. So it's like we just got the first shipment and it's like something like half full, like or not even half full.
Speaker 2: They say, yeah, it's sixty percent.
Speaker 1: Every week it's like volumes down thirty percent, thirty percent. This week the Port of La said it's down sixty percent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So it's like, yeah, at a certain point, it'll just be like they we won't need to do research or whatever. People would just be like I can't buy anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, And that's a huge thing.
Speaker 1: A lot of people are wondering, is will actually end up being the radicalizing event for MAGA people or will they dig down deeper because you know, like the pandemic, they didn't seem to give a fuck about like anything.
Speaker 2: They just created a new reality.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm like, what is that gonna happen? Although I feel like consumerism is like just part of the DNA of American society, Like so many people measure like how their life is going based on how much shit they can buy or how cheap shit is. So I think at the very least the people who aren't completely like maga to them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they'll peel off.
Speaker 1: They'll probably peel off, and then yeah, you'll probably get these other people like, actually, I love that gasoline? Is seven fifty a gallon? Have we like boiled it down?
Speaker 2: Isn't it just like the pure fucking like iron or mega. At this point, it's like forty percent of the population, they've just like been there through all of it, and they're just like, I don't give a fuck. Yeah, I just decide what I think is good based from what he says.
Speaker 1: Yes, but I think the difference is now there's definitely a crop of people who are like trying to appeal to the president, like on the internet, who are like, at President, I supported you every election. I'm like, my small business cannot survive ninety days of it of like anything, what do I do. That's the part where I think, like the culture war grievances, I don't know if there'll be enough to like offset the material realities that people are facing. And that's the interesting I guess experiment or whatever weird shock wave we're about to see what happens.
Speaker 4: And not to not to talk up Florida, because I know I was just bagging on it. But last time I was home, and I'm from a pretty conservative part of the state, I saw protests and it was fucking fucking eighty five degrees as hot as hell, and there are people out there. President. I'm like, if people are protesting and this part of Florida like that is bad, that's saying something. That is saying something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of the stop the all Guarchy tour, like sold out arenas are in like those areas that would seem to be deep red and yeah, and as I made reference to the very wrong, the very strong research he's doing, very wrong st research is a reference to his Hollywood tariffs, which, as we talked about on yesterday's Trending, aren't a think like can't happen are illegal? Which tariff ghosts. Yeah, it's basically that it's like they there's a law from nineteen eighty eight that's like you specifically, like they passed a law explicitly barring the president from regulating in any way the import or export of things like movies, books, and music. So I think it's the very strong research he did, as we covered on yesterday's Trending, was just like talking to John Voight and the head of John Voight's production company. Yeah, and the head of the production company was like, I don't know, man, he he took like phrases from.
Speaker 1: What we said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he took like the ten words on either side of tariff and then just cut out all other context. So yeah, he's a genius. So that's how we're going to pay for it is by imaginary tariffs that are legally impossible. Yeah, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: And we're back.
Speaker 2: We're And it's been a badge a couple of weeks abroad for Trump supporters.
Speaker 7: I'd say, yeah, your supporters abroad, supporters abroad, people who are like the goofiest people ever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you know you're come over here. It's over here.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we've I've seen this reflected. And you know, the people who are even remotely associated with Trump losing badly in elections in Canada and Australia, who like that their opponents will make up wise about them to make them seem more Trump friendly. That's how bad it's gotten, right. But anyways, we wanted to check out, check in with like a person who is like pro Maga because those exist too.
Speaker 1: It's not just.
Speaker 2: People doing like the political politically expedient thingy. They also have supporters there who are like, yeah, man, that's what I'm talking about. You know, They're just they just happen to be like fifteen percent of the population instead of forty.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people they're like, man, I'm racist, but I get too much shit wearing my Nazi stuff. So this Maga hat gives me a little bit more cover and we get to wink at each other. But yeah, this guy in Sydney, Australia decided to have a Maga cafe. No, and like, so this guy, so first he has a blatant Maga cafe and then that went under and then he waited a few years and then tried another cafe and soft mag at it. And so just to start off right, the first one that failed, uh happened when like he closed it in twenty twenty because he was quote involved in a series of internet controversies in which he called a.
Speaker 2: Community member a homophobic slur.
Speaker 1: He also declared his cafe a Donald Trump safe zone, which served pancakes with quote a side of racism.
Speaker 2: But that was from him that wasn't somebody saying that about him? That was like their claim, Oh that's him.
Speaker 1: Being like this is a this is a Donald Trump scife Zarren and we have pancakes or the sought of racism, Like.
Speaker 8: I was like, what does it makes anything you say feel like yeah, we're pro racism, Like they just don't usually come out and say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know, but I'm saying that's where these people have it so fucked up in their minds, like I don't know, dude, this guy's the president over there and American stuff seems to be cool. I guess maybe this is covered for my racism. So yeah. Then basically after the place closed, he blamed the quote left left wing fake vegan community for the closure, telling those who criticize his attitude to quote go fuck yourself. So now he's got his newest place. It was a place called Bueno and again, unfortunately a very progressive part of Sydney and people did not forget that this guy was a maga asshole and just trying to open a new spot. This place now closed only six weeks after opening, and this time he blamed Snowflakes for the failing of the venture. So when like this time, I think he learned that he should keep his mouth shut and just like maybe don't talk about the mega stuff, And he kind of did that. When he was asked when this new place reopened about like how he said gay people weren't welcome at his last eatery and like how homophobic he was, he claimed that those were childish comments and those opinions quote, he does not hold them today.
Speaker 2: That sounds like you can trust him on that one. Yeah, I feel like he's learned his lessons. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Cut to him trying to give away free coffee, the people boycotting the place, and he shut down his post announcing the shutdown. He just goes full mask off, homophobe, transphobe. Okay, this is like, this is a KO announcement for the business that close. Quote we closed. Yeah, we can't survive in an area where people can't figure out if they are male, female, dogs or cats. Unfortunately, the owner's views in parentheses his own. He puts his own name because he's running this thing. Mark DaCosta are simple, you got a dick, you're a male. You got a muff, you're a female. That's what he's posting in this fucking thing about announcing that his fucking restaurant closed. Then goes on what you think you are should be respected, but you cannot force that upon others. You must equally have respect for what other people believe to be truth, even though you're actively denying other this. Wait, so it's not reciprocal. It's like, let me say my backwards shit, don't push back and and everything, and you have to eat food exactly.
Speaker 4: But it's all it's all coming from a guy that's in the wrong place. Like this is location, location, location, do this in.
Speaker 9: Himself somewhere you'll be rich. We're probably like five blocks over in Sydney. Yeah, like like Australia is not a fucking progressive hub.
Speaker 2: Like there's play I've seen some commercials over there. There's like wildly racist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's they can find. Look, you'll always find your racist there. I think he was just trying to have his racist cake and eat it too. Yeah. I mean like I'm trying to be in like the Poppin area or whatever. And I know we have Ozzie's Eye gang. Let me know if that Saint Peter's area is as progressive as they are reporting in the news. But that seems to be one thing I hear over and over again. And then so he goes on he said this is the best part. He goes on to pivot to promote his shitty music. Oh, so he goes on me the owner parenthetical again. Mark Acosta ex Australian Idol two thousand and seven. He's finally releasing a song under the rock and roll name Marcus black Bed, titled only a Lie. I encourage you quea freaks to have a listen. Don't confuse gay with quia please. Quia's are confused and angry. Gays are happy and normal, and then put Instagram to his music at Marcus Blackbird Music.
Speaker 2: Oh myles, do we have to listen to this? I feel like we need to check out this guy.
Speaker 1: I there he I've sadly I did go to the Marcus Blackbird and it's really age you watch. Actually, I don't want to hear it. It doesn't even like there's not even lyrics. When I listened to it, I'm like, is this an AI backing track? Like the quality was so weird that I'm like, is this real guitars or what AI thinks get ours are? And I wouldn't put it past him. But it's just funny that he's like, I'm putting the magat. He even said when he opened this, like I'm over twenty twenty in the Donald Trump stuff, but in this post where he's saying, like fuck all of you, he's wearing a Maga hat and giving fucking double barrels like.
Speaker 2: A Donald Trump T shirt where Donald Trump doesn't have a shirt on and looks like he's like tatted up like bieber tatted it up, but also like obese, like one of the guys from Dune two, like coming.
Speaker 1: Like an oar math.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he looks like a like is that cool?
Speaker 1: I feel like it's Donald Trump. That's cool enough to these people. But yeah, they I just there. I found there.
Speaker 2: So he won Australian Idol, because that would have been the implication miles of that the most it sounded like, you know.
Speaker 1: Australian Australian idol and copy and how do you do on the blog? Joe my god, they dug up the clip from him on there. Oh no, I he can he can kind of sing, I'll give him that. But the most memorable part was this opening package about Mark DaCosta as a as like a contestant was that he got stage fright. Mark DaCosta has been a face on the Sydney Music saying for years, but he flew under the writar in his first audition You need.
Speaker 2: A Baby, I'm not fooling in the.
Speaker 8: Lines of ten, Mark had an uncharacteristic attack of stage fright.
Speaker 7: Oh yes, they are stretch if anyone says in.
Speaker 2: Look at the look too. He's wearing a baby tea with like a black scarf, just like kind of folded set.
Speaker 4: His idols for Liam Gallagher and Jet hire Band Jet my idol.
Speaker 1: Yet I want to be an entire group of people. Yeah, I want to be that iPod commercial. That's me. So yeah, it's just wild. They're like again, they're like terrible case of strange states, right, He's like absolute paralysis. He goes on to like perform or whatever. But that just stuck out out to me because, like you were saying, I like so many of these MAGA shit heads are like failed artists. Yeah, and this exact sort of art kind of reminds me of Ben Shapiro and Jeremy Boring at The Daily Shapiro because they're both they were both film guys. Shapiro was trying to write scripts and like had a represent like a rep who got him like meetings and stuff. But everyone's like, is this the guy who's writing those like weird in Cell books where he calls Christina Aguilera like a whore? Like, nah, we're good on this guy. You hear him talk about wicked and like he's like very incisive and like cutting and he like he has he's like the the critic in Ratitui, you know, like he's just like he has hatred in his heart because he wasn't able to do the thing that he loves. Oh oh that's like the character is like, yeah, they couldn't do therefore I'm a critic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, therefore he's a critic and who is like mean to everybody because he like you know that hates food for some reason.
Speaker 1: Right Yeah. But like ye, it's funny too because then the Daily Wire had their whole streaming service like thing that they unleashed or like movies, remember they had like Run, Shoot, Hide, and like there was like these other movies they were putting out. That thing completely failed, and then they just blamed transgender people for that. Yeah, Like that's a Jeremy Boarding question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in that post where he's blaming trans people for the failure of his cafe, what did you think they were doing? And what does Ben Shapiro think they're doing to stop his movie from being.
Speaker 1: It's pidler with people guessing it's the coordination. People get organized and they boycott your fucking business.
Speaker 4: But that's also crazy because also these are the companies that do what they call it astro turfing. Sure, it's like they'll do like basically it's like a GoFundMe for their like conservative movie, but really it's just they take all that money and they buy tickets so that the as are sold, but then you go in the movie theater and there's like no one in there actually watching the movie.
Speaker 2: Well, the entire movement is astro turfed from billionaires like not billionaires, like billionaires pay for the only reason that we've heard of any of these fucking people is because the fucking Cooke brothers at a certain point where like we need to create a whole right wing media apparatus.
Speaker 4: And I forgot about the Koch brothers.
Speaker 1: That's how far we are now.
Speaker 2: The yeah, I mean was it. Steve Bannon also failed like.
Speaker 4: He was successful. He's he's pretty Seinfeld. His name's on Seinfeld episode.
Speaker 2: He did, but like he also when he tried to like write his thing, that was like his vision was a rap musical about the La Riots. That amazing, amazing, Oh god, because he I think what was it?
Speaker 1: He got a steak in like Castle Rock who was producing. It was just business. It was just busy, like he didn't Yeah, he didn't have anything new thing creative to do. But yeah, you just like see.
Speaker 4: He came up with the Summer of George.
Speaker 1: He's like actually, he's like, my therapist has been telling me to just ignore my.
Speaker 2: First instinct and save the planet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is like yeah. But there was like another interview with an Australian newspaper and the way this thing is written was just funny because apparently he got hostile with the woman who was asking him about the closure of the place. He said. In a statement to news dot com dot Au, mister DaCosta said Newton was infested with rats and hairy men. What a shit hole. Releasing a song about it in June so that you can be offended by it. Fucking snowflakes, a lot of them, he wrote before calling this author a bitchs wow, I'm just angry to like see be able to watch the song like he has a song in his heart and then you get to see it die as he like fails in America, Australia idol and then fucking cut, cut cut two fifteen years later and he's like, you're all fucking relph flakes. Oh really, the guy who couldn't get his ship together in an audition, who wouldn't know a genius if you if it came up and bit you, snowflakes the load, yeah, like yeah, all right, I gotta go, you Bach, Like is that how the phone Like I'm just curious how that conversation ended or the author or the journalist is like after calling.
Speaker 4: This author, I'm just thinking of him like later alone, blasting that like are you gonna be my girl? And he's just sobbing, just.
Speaker 2: Shob today was gone.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, oh wow, Wonderwall just looking in the mirror, tears streaming down his face. Then he'll then he'll do cold play so he can actually sing.
Speaker 2: Tears stream down your face. M m mmmm.
Speaker 1: You hate to see it and you love to see it. I think an important lesson, don't Yeah, very important. Stop magging around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just move on to doing something else.
Speaker 1: Don't don't be a regular racist in your town and just fucking have to exist in varying levels of shame depending on where you live.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, good advice, be a regular racist.
Speaker 1: Just be a regular racist. You know, an old school one who was just who was scared of people of color. I miss those days they get away, get away.
Speaker 2: Well, Alan Striggling Williams, what a pleasure having you back on the daily Zeitgeist. Thanks for having people find you, follow you, hear you all that good stuff.
Speaker 4: I'm Alan stugglel wings dot com. You can order my album on vinyl there. All the links to streaming are there as well by digitally at Tooley Allen on x Twitter, Alan Strigawans on Instagram. Love to see out there, guys. Thanks for having me. This is really fun.
Speaker 2: Oh man, always great having you. Where can people? Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I was going to say physical media. I've been reading Intermezzo by Sally Rooney. I'm a big Sally Rooney guy. I'm not done with it yet, but I'm about like just kind of halfway through it great read if you like Sally Rooney. If you don't check out Normal People Beautiful World, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Nice, good stuff, you have to check out some Sally Rooney miles. Where can people find you as their working media.
Speaker 1: You've been enjoying? Oh man, just everywhere at miles of Gray.
Speaker 2: You can find me and Jack on.
Speaker 1: The basketball podcasts and Jack got mad and then you can find me talking ninety on four to twenty Day Fiance. Just fucking June Juniper dot Beer Blue Sky posted, so the GTA six trailer came out and naturally, like fucking maggot, people don't even know what to fucking do anymore, Like this is like one of the most popular video games ever, and June like just posted something. It's like a tweet that just had like the characters, like if that were revealing the characters from the game. And then the replies just like these maga replies. One just said if the game is anti cop, I'm not playing. Another one said this story looks anti cop.
Speaker 2: It's like have you played Grand Theft Auto.
Speaker 1: The most thing people do is attack the police to try to get a five star wanted level and then try and avoid the police. The whole time, and that's where America went wrong, you know, yeah, exactly GT. Three that we can all it all goes back to GTA three. So again, I'm just always amazed at this. Looks anti cop. Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore Brian and on Blue Sky at Jack Obie the number one on Blue Sky, and I was enjoying. Becca Laurie retweeted excerpt from a New Yorker profile of Bill Deblasio or It's a New Yorker piece about like why can't New York have normal good mayors? And there's just this part where they like meet up with Bill Deblasia, former mayor, and they meet him. He's coming from the gym, going to his favorite little breakfast spot, and I just want to read this excerpt. He held forth among his fellow patrons with a spirit of magnanimous possibly unreciprocated, unreciprocated camaraderie, greeting a startled man by the door with a familiar how you doing, brother, Oh no no, and ordering his breakfast scrambled egg whites cheddar ham and tomato and malta grand toast as me sandwich especial. These days Deblasio. Deblasio most often makes the news for his love life or for such momentous moves as dyeing his salt and pepper crew cut, but he sensed a bit of Deblasio nostalgia creeping into town since I left office. The number one thing people come up to me on the street and talk about is pre k, he told me, lacing his ice espresso with a heavy pore of simple syrup. The number two thing that people talk about is that Onion headline. He quoted it for me, savoring every word. Well, well, well, not so easy to find a mayor that doesn't suck ship. Huh, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: That's a paragraph home. My god, I need to see that door man. Please tell me that doormail was black. That he say, you know, brother, that that's that's that's a that's especially like trying to create common ground, out of touch white guy thing to say. So like, yeah, I got this.
Speaker 2: New Yorker profile with me.
Speaker 1: Let me uh, let me seem like a man that has confused hands, just like puts his pinky out like the profile is around is from the Around City Hall section.
Speaker 2: It's from Eric Locke l A. C. H So we'll link off to that in the footnotes. You can find us on Twitter and blue Sky at daily Zeit. Guys were at the daily Zeit guist. On Instagram. You can go to the description of the episode wherever you're listening to it, and you can find footnotes where we link off to the information we talked about in today's episode. We also link off to a song we think you might enjoy, Miles, is there a song that I think people might enjoy?
Speaker 4: Me?
Speaker 1: Sandwich should get you someere summarily executed in the street. I'm sorry, that's for whatever. That one I can't shake from you know me? Sandwich especially, I'm sorry, we don't that's not on the menu. Sorry, what did you want? Who are you? Scrambled egg, whites cheddar ham and tomato and multi grain toast basic or just say that sandwich especially?
Speaker 4: Shut up?
Speaker 1: De Blasio?
Speaker 4: Also, why is that me tortaise? But he can't say torta like he's got.
Speaker 1: Come on, that's that's it, the man of the people. Yeah, famous, it's not fancy, this is it's it's fitting that this song is going out on the like a Mexican artist. I feel like it's like the what's what's ther? What the fuck is homegirl's name?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Rosalia like like from what like what Rosalie is to like Spanish music? This girl, as Stevie is like this Mexican girl. She's bringing Cumbia like in this like modern way. It's really dope. I really fuck with it. Uh, I think just being an angel, you know, like you hear this music ambiently, but this is like this.
Speaker 2: Younger version feels great.
Speaker 1: The track is called un eror you n e r r o r ooon error, which one era might be calling your fucking toast, uh, you know, scrambled egg toast me sandwich especial. But this is a dope track from stev E s t e v i E un error. It's just again giving you that giving you that modern Cumbia flavor. So shout out to Stevie and put this one into your earphones.
Speaker 2: Uh, your earphones, especial.
Speaker 1: The Daily Zee is a production of iHeart Radio.
Speaker 2: For more podcasts from My heart Radio, visit the heart Radio app Apple Podcasts wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's gonna do it for us this morning. We're back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we will.
Speaker 1: Talk to you all then fight bye. The Daily Zeitgeist is executive produced by Catherine Long.
Speaker 2: Co produced by Bae Wang, co produced by Victor Wright, co written by J M mcnapp, edited and engineered by Justin Conner,