Speaker 1: We went to the Ravens Press Pass podcast. The Ravens are gearing up for a Sunday's game against the Cincinnati Bengals. Today, we had a chance to hear from the coordinators, so let's kick it off. The special teams coordinator Chris.
Speaker 2: Horton, Good to see you guys today. It's been a good week.
Speaker 3: I think our guys came out, you know, the last two days really put in some good work and really that's what we're focusing on. We know we got a division game. We know it's gonna be it's gonna be a physical one. Every time we get a chance to play Cincinnati and Darren and that special teams group, we know that we got to come out and we got to play our best game. We got to make sure that that we try to be as perfect as we possibly can because we understand what type of special teams this unit, this uh that we're gonna face questions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he touched on like Darren Simon has been there it seems like forever now.
Speaker 5: Is there a familiarity though when when you're playing kind of his special teams group?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: Really is? You know?
Speaker 3: I think this season makes Darren's a twenty twenty second season, so he has, He's played the Ravens a lot, and I think when when when two teams play each other twice a year, you know, you kind of get familiar with, uh, with each other, and and and and really what it comes down to it it's gonna come down to execution. It's gonna come down which group's gonna execute the best. Because I don't think there's gonna be something that that that they're gonna do that we haven't seen, you know, So I think for our guys, just come out there, let's work, let's get better, and let's really just focus on us and really executing our place.
Speaker 7: Uh Rashid tis needed to return today. Obviously he was pretty involved with you guys on the special teams in the preseason. Just when he is activated, you know this season, do you feel like he is kind of close to being able to contribute to to your guys units.
Speaker 3: You know, I do think when that time, when that time comes, uh, you know, we'll we'll definitely have a role for him.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 3: I thought what he did in the preseason for us was was really good. He was going, he was trending in the in the right direction and it's our job, uh when it's when his time comes to get him out there and uh and get him ready to go, get him ready, get him ready playing raven special teams football. And I think, uh, he's got that kind of mindset. And I think when he again, when he's ready, he'll he'll be out there.
Speaker 9: Chris, realize it's always an evolving process in terms.
Speaker 4: Of consistency just as.
Speaker 10: A whole unit.
Speaker 9: How close for you, guys, or how close are you to where you want to get to? If that makes sense, particularly with these division games coming out of it generally close to come down.
Speaker 3: You know, I think we're I think we're trending in the right direction. I think we're trying. We're doing a lot of good Well, actually, I know we're doing a lot of good things.
Speaker 2: Uh. Sometimes we don't. We don't leave a game with an impact and having a lot of plays.
Speaker 3: But the plays that we do get as long as we're as long as we're plus on the plays, Uh, we feel pretty good about it, right. And I think the more plays we get, I think the more our identity will show. It will show what type of special teams unit we're we're we're chasing. We got a standard, and we're going to continue.
Speaker 2: To chase that. But I do believe we're close.
Speaker 3: We understand that every game is going to be different because every personnel grouping is not going to be the same, you know, So so our job is just really focused on us and really execute our our assignments.
Speaker 8: Understand it.
Speaker 2: Hiccup.
Speaker 11: I guess the fighters are gonna shut pun But he's a pretty good everstance with Justice as he made an adjustments. What's what's sort of his.
Speaker 2: Turnaround with with Jordan?
Speaker 3: You know, I just think I just think of consistency from that standpoint, kind of kind of what we just talked about. It's really with Jordan's just focusing on one punt at a time, right, and just going out there doing the same doing the same full work, same drop walking, the same lines and those things.
Speaker 2: And I think you will.
Speaker 3: Get the type of punts that he wants to to to put out there. And now he's doing he's doing a great job. And the more he's out there, uh, the the more you're gonna see him. But the less he's out there, I've said this before, that's a good thing, right, It's a it's a really good thing. So We're not We're not concerned with that. What we expect from Jordan is you got one shot, and it could be one shot. And that goes for everybody on our Special Teams unit. Take advantage of the one shot because that might be it.
Speaker 2: Chris.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 8: Two guys that brought in for different reasons, Snoosie Kane and Deontay Hardy for Special Teams.
Speaker 13: That was kind of what their foals were expected to be.
Speaker 8: How would you evaluated them in their respectives four weeks?
Speaker 3: You know, I'll start with Hardy just because he's the he's the veteran guy, and I think I think you what you see is when he get the balls in it with the ball in his hands, Uh, he's he can be dynamic, and he's got he's got special traits as a punt returner and uh and as a kickoff returner. But we haven't gotten a lot of opportunities. So as a punt returner, we're trying to maximize everything we can for him. And he's done a great job. He's picking up the yards that he needs to pick up. And then you love to see is his physical running style for a guy that some will say he's he's a little guy, right, but he's he's running through tackles, he's making guys miss and that's all we're looking forward to.
Speaker 2: Just keep getting positive yards.
Speaker 3: Uh First, Andoosie, you know this is his this is his four the regular season game.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: The things he saw in preseason are a lot different now because the personnel is a lot different. And what he's done as a as a young guy so far, Man, he's communicated well, his effort has been outstanding.
Speaker 2: And I think, you know, I just.
Speaker 3: Remind him of Okay, you haven't made the tackles that the flash tackles that you made in the preseason. Just don't chase those Those plays will happen. You just keep being great at the things that you do. Bring out your effort, bring out your physicality, keep communicating, and the plays will happen for you. So he's doing outstanding.
Speaker 1: Next up is offensive coordinator Todd Munkett.
Speaker 14: You know what Ronnie Stanley's been through the last few years.
Speaker 13: You were here last year with.
Speaker 14: Him, and by his own admission, he didn't wasn't happy with his season last year. For him to be healthy and playing at the level he is right now, what does that do for your offense. What does that do for you as a play caller, knowing how important that position is.
Speaker 11: Well, Ronnie, Ronnie felt you know base he played through injury all of last year. He's been banged up, and I thought he had a great off season. He was here in the summer and worked awfully hard. And uh, it's great to see him playing at a really high level. It really is for him and us, for both of us.
Speaker 9: What's his u How you described his leadership among me? You know, there's obviously there's some turnover among the group and then some young guys in there. Just from what you've seen, you know, it's your part about the summer.
Speaker 11: And Ronnie just kind of goes about his business. You know, he's not a real I would say he's more cerebral than he is vocal. You know what I'm saying. He just really understands what we're trying to do, what he's trying to do, and what he's trying to accomplish. So those things he really gets it, you know, and it's it's great to see him healthy, and but he really doesn't say much around the guys. You'd have to ask the old lineman like I don't. I don't hear him say things you know, out of character or you know, to the guys. It's just he just goes about his business the right way.
Speaker 2: With that group.
Speaker 5: I mean, the offensive lines actually played pretty well the last couple of weeks. If you know, when you lose a guy like Jody and you know, and use a coach rate before the season, are how much of an emotional toll is there one?
Speaker 4: You know, for a group.
Speaker 5: That's trying to get a season and has something like some of that devastating happening.
Speaker 11: I think you'd have to ask the old lineman the emotional part of it. For us, it's it's been fine, uh, because George was able to come in and pick up the slack at what areas. You know, Joe was responsible in the game plan and I've worked with Hot before so that that was an easy transition. The transition is really the emotional you'd have to ask the old lineman. And then also a different voice. There's just even if you're saying the exact same thing, you're saying it differently. It's a different tone, it's a different way of going about it. Everybody gets used to who they're being coached, by their teammates that comfort level. So I think that'd be a better question for the old line and those guys, just as you'll six targets, six catches.
Speaker 6: Why at the back yard?
Speaker 11: How has he had the elementary offense as his versatility? He's been doing that since last year. Sometimes games just present itself that way. Check downs. Few of the Neighbor's days found him, others were schemed other screen wise. But you know, he's been doing that since last year. It's just a matter how many targets were able to get him.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 11: It's we have a lot of guys that are capable that way. It's the same as say Flowers, It's like, is he capable that yet bal didn't have to find him, you know, in the game, and so but no, I think it's a great one two punch.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 11: I thought Justice has always always played well, but I thought he played particularly well last last week.
Speaker 10: When you're running the ball so well and so much, do you go into a game expecting the opponent to really adjust and try to clamp down on that as as kind of priority number one for them?
Speaker 11: I think eventually, you know, you know, you're always expecting you know, a little bit something different depending on what you've done the week before. It's not even per se, maybe just run game in itself, but formationally personnel wise, what they see as you're doing something, well, there's no way you're not developing some form of tendencies. Your tendency is to run it. Okay, Okay, well it's a tendency, you know. So what are they going to do schematically personnel wise to combat that? And then we just have to have enough to be able to for us to be able to attack it.
Speaker 10: Is that a point of focus this week when you talk to players like, eventually, look, they're gonna share they're doing and we need to be able to counter punch.
Speaker 2: Through the air.
Speaker 11: And then sure, I think the best teams are able to win in variety of ways and modes.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 11: I think that's you need to be able to run it when you need to run it. You need to be able to throw it when you have to throw it. And we've been pretty good that way. When we've been clean, penalty freeh doing things the right way we've been, we've been pretty successful when we've had to throw it, when we've had to be in two minutes, you know, we just got to continue to work to be cleaner in everything that we do because it still wasn't perfect. It wasn't you know, we still have a lot of work to do to be the offense we want to be.
Speaker 7: Along those lines, I think especially in those weeks in the season, you know, you guys had a lot of chip help with tight ends fullbacks. I guess what is the kind of push pull as you get more comfortable with, you know, your offensive lines, ability to have to stand pressure with just the five man unit, having more guys going out the routes.
Speaker 4: Just what is that kind of tension?
Speaker 11: Well, I'll piggyback off what Ryan said, which is really the more you're able to run it, stay out of the chains, not be in second long, get back on track, and then third and long. You avoid those issues you just do in the first two games, we weren't in that situation. We weren't as effective on first down. We put ourselves in some long yarded situations. We are in more third down two minutes than you are in the world of chipping, and we're still doing that. But you definitely it's going to get to that. I mean, it's a long season and certainly Our guys are gonna continue to get better. I mean, Roger's going to continue to get better. Pat did a great job at left guard, you know, wherever we've needed him, So that's gonna continue to be, you know, something we're gonna have to continue to do. And matchups create that certain matchups when you play teams. You know, Von Miller was a player that played on third downs. You know, Max Crosby is the guy that plays every down. That's a little bit different animal, you know, And we're gonna get into those guys as we get further into the season.
Speaker 10: I'm curious. You know, when you turn on the sports talk shows, all talking heads are saying, oh, the Ravens, they found their identity, right, They're gonna run the ball, They're gonna pound you that way and work off that they found this. Do you agree with that notion or what?
Speaker 11: They'll drive you crazy if you listen to that. I mean, you know, two weeks ago we were the worst team and terrible, and you know, and they don't do this, and maybe some of it's true, maybe some of it's legit. You know, it's the way it goes, you know, but the reality is is, you know, they have a job to do. We have a job to do, you know, And have we been cleaner, yes? Have we run the ball better? Yes? Does every team want to have an identity where you can stay out of the chains and run the football, of course that is, and I think our guys have embraced that and done a great job with it. And you know, I love listening to those guys. I mean, I think everybody that's on TV that that I love football, So anybody that's dedicated their lives to football, I think it's awesome. But at the end of the day, you know, we have to stay true with what we believe in and then continue to do it the right way, whether we're throwing it or whether we're running it. To me, the best thing we can do is continue to strive to be as consistent as we can be in all facets of our offense, running it, throwing it, two minute, critical situations, being elited when when it comes up. And we've been having great practices which has led to us being you know where we've been the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 16: Really how unique is pat Ricars and what he's been able to.
Speaker 7: Do these last weeks.
Speaker 11: You know, Pat's a valuable piece for what we're able to do. You know, he gives us He's part of that when you say identity, he's kind of a part of an identity, you know, of what he is. You know, gives us the ability to run the ball downhill, ability to you know, run the sea gap, and you know we wouldn't be the same offense without him, you know, I mean, he's you know, when I came here ago, it was hell he was thinking about moving to guard for God's sakes, didn't think we're going to use him. And it's like, no, I'm still going to use him. I mean there's still four minute coming out. You got to run the football. You gotta score touchdowns in the red zone. I mean, the best team score touchdowns in the red zone. And we've been really good at that and he's been a big part of that.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 11: So I'm fired up. He's been here as long as I've been here.
Speaker 14: So that's odd.
Speaker 8: The past couple of weeks, players kind of coach darn Harba. If you're just now said you've been having a great couple of weeks of practice. What constitutes a great practice versus one that hasn't been as positive.
Speaker 11: I guess not playing very well, man, I think anything in life, that's what changes. Right, When you don't like what you see, right, you have a choice either keep doing it the same way you've been doing it and get the same results, or you can change right, whether it's me or players, like I mean, is that what we want it to look like? If not, what are we going to do to change it? And they understand that, you know, that's they got to embrace that. You can only say it and then say, he all right, let's talk about how we want this to look. That at least gives you a chance. It doesn't guarantee anything, but doing it the other way does guarantees you will be sloppy. It guarantees you won't won't look like you want it to look like. So the players embrace that. That's and we've got to always look at there and say, what are we doing from everything we do, from the meetings to our walkthrough to our practice to how we detail out the plan for their understanding of where we want to go and what we want it to look like. Paint that picture and then for them to see that picture and then take it to the field, which they've done a great job. Doesn't mean that the first two weeks we weren't giving effort. That doesn't mean it. But at the end of the day, whenever things aren't going well, I don't it's not just football. Try to solve it.
Speaker 2: That's what we do.
Speaker 11: We fix it right. It doesn't matter relationships, job, right, whatever it is in our life that's important to us. When it's not going well, if I like, hell to fix it, and that's what our guys have done a great job of.
Speaker 6: Tada.
Speaker 7: What stood out to you about Lamar's development as a coorbat who can mitigate pressures, avoid sex. It seems like he's taking a step forwards and it's even last year.
Speaker 11: Oh, I don't know. It just feels like I see it every week.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 11: He you know, it just to compete. I think that's the best way to say it. He just he loves to play the game of football and he wants you to help him to be the best he can be. And he's embraced Tea as his position coach. He's embraced me as the coordinator, you know, and we've embraced what his skill set is and what he brings to the table. And it's always a work in progress with him, just like it is with us in our offense. You know, you're never you can never be stagnant and just keep doing the same things. And he's continued to grow and understand, you know, where we want this to go. And he's he's the conductor, man, he makes this thing go. And so that's been fun. It's been fun, you know, and we're only going to continue, hopefully to get better and bring everybody with Lamar and our guys have done a great job, you know, really have embracing that. We got a great group.
Speaker 2: We really do.
Speaker 1: Next from defensive coordinator Zach war.
Speaker 5: When you talk to Marlin, he said, from his viewpoint, you have to win the matchup between the dvs and their wide receivers. How do you kind of see that notch up between your grouping and theirs?
Speaker 17: Yeah, man, I think it's a it's a team defense effort.
Speaker 15: I mean obviously, you know they got they got star receivers, their passing games real good.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 17: The quarterback is is just as much as part of that as as anybody. So yeah, that that's a that's a matchup within the matchup.
Speaker 15: But his team defense, man, it's it's it's our whole defense versus their whole offense.
Speaker 17: Like just spocus on the past game.
Speaker 15: I mean, our our d line and linebackers have something to do with that as well as far as disrupting time and and everything like that. So yeah, that's a that's a massive matchup that I know he's focused on because he's a defensive back, so he has to understand those guys inside and out.
Speaker 17: But it's it's team defense.
Speaker 15: But but that matchup between the receivers and dbs are is gonna be huge in the matchup Sunday. And you know, our guys been working their butts off this whole week.
Speaker 17: And been preparing the right way. So I'm excited to see him Sunday.
Speaker 11: Church Kappannoya, how do you how do you putting in the position to hit their SATs?
Speaker 18: You?
Speaker 19: Where have you done?
Speaker 13: Successful man?
Speaker 17: First and foremost, congrats to to kV man. He's earned that.
Speaker 15: All he does is come here to work and uh, you know every single day in the classroom and on the field, and I think that, uh it's a it's a testament to kV all different spots and all different things he can do because he's a real versatile player, and he's a real smart player. He's one of the smartest players I've personally been around. He knows a lot of football, and he understands UH situations and understands offenses. So it's a credit all to him that we can we can do different things with him because he can handle it and execute at a high level. I just think he's getting more comfortable with his role and with the system. Being in the second year here in that same vein.
Speaker 16: I talked to him Yester and he said one of the reasons why was he was able to focus more just rushing the pastor the pastor this year is supposed to off the ball stuff. Do you think that's a big part to do with it?
Speaker 15: Definitely, definitely. I know, you know early in this we're in the previous places. You know, he's played off the ball a lot as well as on the ball. But here for us, he's he's truly an edge guy. But uh, you know, we we we like his versatil were able to use the versatility, but he's in the outside back of the room and he's focusing on stopping and run and rushing the passer.
Speaker 9: You talked about how smart a player he is.
Speaker 10: How often does he come to you with ideas about, you know, what the defense.
Speaker 2: Should be doing?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 15: He definitely comes with ideas, man, And that's what you appreciate about kV. We encourage that with our players, man, like it's a partnership. We want to make it work, and we say, you have a good idea, you know, bring it to us. And kV is one of the guys. He's definitely gonna bring some ideas to the table and they're pretty good ideas, so you know, it's it's great conversations. We love those conversations with our players because we ultimately, uh, we just want to find the best best thing to do to help us win and that's what we do as coaches and that's how they feel as players.
Speaker 17: So it makes it easy obviously.
Speaker 10: Zacktling is always, uh, you know, something that you talk about and stress this week, go against the thing and Chase especially really known for breaking tackles, getting Lucy did it against the handlers last week. Has that been a priority this week?
Speaker 15: Definitely, It's definitely a priority. Like you said, it's priority every week. But we know who we're going again. So we saw the play from last week, We've seen the plays over the years. We know we know their skill guys very well, and just like previous years, this year they're like.
Speaker 17: Top five and yards after catch.
Speaker 15: So that's something we have to be able to eliminate if we want to be successful on Sunday.
Speaker 7: Maybe no defense defended Joe Burrow over the past two years and in this Ravens one. I guess what did you kind of learn from working with Mike about how to you know, kind of diffuse someone as intelligent as Joe Burrow? And I guess how much of a movie targeted is with just the off season evolution that every team makes.
Speaker 17: Yeah, it's tough, man.
Speaker 15: Every year is different, every game is different, and you know, I think part of the success has been just everybody being on the same page, playing team defense and going out there playing as hard.
Speaker 17: As we can and not giving up, you know, big plays.
Speaker 15: So that's a big focus for us going into this week, as everybody be on the same page, us playing team defense and limited eliminating explosive plays because we know they're a real explosive offense.
Speaker 17: And you know, I think if we do that, we give ourselves a good chance.
Speaker 16: Marlin said yesterday he entered last week. I guess wanted to play with a little more physicality because I guess he got some unknown mess from one of the badges that were ranting on names. But he said he went into saying I'm gonna play like bro. What does that mean to you?
Speaker 15: Being someone who's been around Roe on, it means a lot man, And that's what we always talk about with a guy like Rokwan smith Man.
Speaker 17: He's a special player. He's a special player, special human. He's a guy.
Speaker 15: His personality, his energy, his play is infectious on the on the field and off the field, and he inspires people. And I think if you if you're if you're a great player, you're a great person, You're gonna inspire people in different ways. And Rowe has multiple ways of doing that. One is by just cutting on the film. And when guys cut on the film, you might think you're playing as hard as possible, and you might think that you're giving everything you got, But then you see a guy like Rokwan, it's like, oh, it's different. So I think it's great that guys are trying to strive to play like him every single snap.
Speaker 17: And I think if we do that We're gonna be fine.
Speaker 8: As I mentioned that, they see you calling players more comfortably or may sound more confident. Is that something through these four weeks that have kind of settled in for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 15: I think that, you know, every every every game is different, but I think that obviously, you know, with more time, more experience, you know, more comfort come. So I definitely feel like you can you can say that for sure.
Speaker 18: Kyle gives a lot of credit to Travis Jones and then David Davo. How is those those guys kind of stepping in and playing their role kind of brought the une together to the point where Kyle is playing.
Speaker 4: As well as he is.
Speaker 15: Yeah, man, they're doing real good. I mean, those are two young guys we've been excited about. Travis Jones has been getting better every single year. I think this year is gonna continue to be a breakout year for him. Like he pops on the film and he's a he's a rock and neror on the interior and edge. Guys know that that helps those guys out. And then David Ajabo, we've been on his talent man and his work ethic. All he had to do is just you know, stay healthy. So he's been healthy, he's made he made a big play on that third down. He's been good this whole season for us, and we're excited about where he's going to continue to go as well. So you know, Travis Jones and David Ajabo, those guys are are getting better every single weekend. I think that they continue to work the way that they know how the way we know they will, We're gonna continue to see good things from those guys.
Speaker 17: With Drew Burrow.
Speaker 5: Obviously one of the top quarterbacking in the league, what do you see when you're trying to break down film and things like that, what do you see is kind of the biggest challenging going against Joe.
Speaker 15: I think the biggest challenge is, you know, not not letting him know you know where to go with the football, I mean, and then really just trying to switch stuff up on him. Man, He's a real good football players, real smart. He understands coverages, he understands pressures. It's tough to confuse him. It's tough to trick him. And even when you do, he has the ability to still beat you with his arm and move around the pocket and still beat you with his feet as well. So you know, we have a lot of respect for him. We know what we know what he's done, we know what he's capable of, and we have to be on our a game if we want to come away with a victory.
Speaker 1: We also heard from some of the players today, including veteran linebacker world Quand Smith.
Speaker 4: So, first division game, I know every game it can be a you know, you go into it with a high intensity. Is there a different level when you're going against the division rival kind of like this in the same angles. Yeah, it's a very it's a highly anticipated game.
Speaker 18: You know, it's a division game at the end of the day, and we know how much these games mean, uh in a sense. And truth be told, you know, they don't like us and we don't like them. So it's one of those type things. And uh, we're just gonna go out and play our game and it's gonna be a good game. So I'm excited for the matchup. Why why do why do you feel that there's there's the feelings between you guys?
Speaker 4: Just watch the tape.
Speaker 18: You watch the tape, and you know, I think across the board since I've been here, it's been no But at the end of the day. It's a game that has to be played, and we're excited about it, and I'm sure they're excited about it as well, So it'll be a great game.
Speaker 12: Okay, how long as I.
Speaker 1: How have you seen this rivalry throw since om here?
Speaker 4: Yeah? No, absolutely.
Speaker 18: Those guys obviously has been good for a while with uh borrough and the offensive weapons that they have, and then f even from the defensive side of the ball, they got some uh, really good players over there and former player and Gino and whatnot. Uh so got mad respect for those guys. But you know, at the end of the day, it's a game that has to be played. And I played for the Baltimore Ravens and we gotta play Ravens style of football.
Speaker 2: Hoping.
Speaker 6: H h.
Speaker 13: What do you think about the strides of defense made Sunday night against the Bills?
Speaker 4: Where were you obvious that you guys could a step forward? Yeah, it's it's all about taking a step forward.
Speaker 18: And uh, I think, like ka Ham said, UH last week, while taking a step forward win, uh, while getting while getting better and uh, at the end of the day, I think we did take a huge step, but I think that's just a small step into the journey on like where we see ourselves at the end of the day.
Speaker 4: So it's just about continuing to prove exactly who we are.
Speaker 18: You know, you have naysay er say this and say that, But what matters is about like each and every guy in his locker room and eleven guys that's out there on the field on the defensive side of the ball at the time.
Speaker 4: And I have a mins amount of respect for each and.
Speaker 1: Every guy go to war with more less so that he tried to match your intensity and physicality in this game. How did how did you see that the focus on physicality kind of play out in that game against both players?
Speaker 4: I think the tape speaks for itself.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 18: But that's last week and we're uh, we're moved on the uh Cincinnati. So at the end of the day, we have to raise it up another notch, you know, and it's a division game and knowing how much this game means, so just be on the lookout for the physicality and you gotta show it every play. And I think when you show that, I think it's it's just your manhood as a man. That's how I look at it. So, Uh, I'm excited about it. And I'm excited to show my physicality as well as my football smart So it'll be an exciting match up and I'm excited for How do you feel.
Speaker 14: Like Trenton Simpson's coming along down a quarter of the way through the season.
Speaker 13: Now you know which starts under his belt?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, very excited for Trent.
Speaker 18: In the way he works day in and day out, I would I would say he's the hardest worker one of the guys I know, but I like to put myself up there as well, But yeah, Trent Man. An immense amount of respect for him and just the way he approached each and every day, his obsession for the game of football and just want to get better at each and everything he do. And when you have a guy like that, with that type of mindset, you can't do anything but respect him. And you know the projector that he's on his steady going here, and so I'm just happy to be a part of him with him, and one day when I'm retired, he'll still be lighting cats up.
Speaker 19: And bro Zach just talked about the effort with which you play and said, if everybody plays with the way bro plays the game, we're gonna we're gonna be pretty darn good. I know that that's just how you play football, but how much of it is also you want that to rub off on your teammates, that you want them to see how hard you're a party?
Speaker 18: Yeah, I think absolutely, And I think it starts with you know when they say a leader, you know, leads by example, he show shows the way in a sense, And I feel like, that's honestly just my well showing the game of football. How much I appreciate it for giving me everything that I've gotten and uh for me sh for me showing me a lot of things that meaning a lot of people, even you guys in here wanna metch you guys without the game of football. And I feel like that's just my payback for it. And I just say, whenever I hang up the clease, I don't wanna have any regrets. So every cat that I see until that time gotta pay for it at the end of the day.
Speaker 7: Real, Carl, you are pretty open after the Chiefs game growing season that you need to raise your level.
Speaker 4: Do you do you feel like that's come along.
Speaker 13: In your where you need to be right now?
Speaker 18: I can continue to raise my level week in and week out. There's always no human is perfect at the end of the day. So there's plays in every game that I will want back, even a Buffalo game, there's some things that I would want back. But that's just a part of chasing perfection at the end of the day. So I think that goes for each and every guy in his locker room, being able to just chase perfection on every given play and just knowing if we do that and just play the game to the best of our ability, that will be a hard defense to move, move the ball on and play against.
Speaker 7: This season is you know, just what did you say that, Derek? But his style of play is already seemed to wear it down. He has a summer and you're a set Urbs February.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 18: Man, it's the reason that guy's been doing what he's been doing for eight nine plus years, you know. And I have a great deal of respect for him, and I just see the way he works take care of himself. It inspires me honestly on the daily. But just knowing the type of work he put in throughout the week and just knowing his demeanor when he gets the ball in his hand, and truth be told, you, I think a lot of defenders don't like to see him coming, you know, when he's pulling up on the block. A lot of guys make business decisions, So it's kind of funny when I'm seeing looking at it from the other side.
Speaker 4: But I'm just happy he's on our team now.
Speaker 1: We also heard from left tackle Ronnie Stanley against the Vision opponent. How do things change when you're you know, going into kind of a rivalry game like this.
Speaker 12: Uh, we know the stakes are a little bit higher, you know, based on the schematics of you know, divisions in the season, but our approach is the same. I think the process we have going into the leak is the same.
Speaker 5: Any field, like over the past couple of weeks where it seems like it is quick for this offense line, what do you think has happened over.
Speaker 2: The past couple of weeks.
Speaker 13: I don't think it's you know, any magic pill. I just think it's hard work.
Speaker 12: I think it's just accumulation of consistency and guys coming in every day and working hard. And you know, when you do that a lot, it's going to get better. And you know, guys just been putting their head down and going to work.
Speaker 1: Do you think defenses will change how they defende given the success that you've had on the grounds last few weeks. U.
Speaker 12: You know, if they do, I'm not sure exactly what they would do, you know, because I feel like we kind of attack people in multiple different ways.
Speaker 13: So you know, we'll see. I'm sure people are gonna change up something.
Speaker 11: Ron you said, I think it's back.
Speaker 9: In June, you talked about how like last year was killing you just in terms of your performance. Obviously you're dealing with health with injuries as well, obviously you're motivated. But how I guess that spur you this year just in terms of getting back to that level of what you expect.
Speaker 12: I thought it was, you know, very motivating for me just to to, like you said, get back to what I expect myself to be. And you know, the performance I had in the past. You know, we're always something that, uh, you know, gave me something to kind of work work more harder, work harder, and uh make sure that I never go back to that place I.
Speaker 6: Was with Derek Henry starting to click in this running game after sending a football. But obviously that has to do a lot with your hard work on the offensive line. What were the conversations like leading into that game and since then leading up in the Bengals that.
Speaker 12: Just we wanted to be a physical game. We want we want defenses to have to deal with us and you know us not deal with them. So we really want to, you know, impose our physical will on palm people and you know, make sure we give lanes for Derek to hit. And you know, and he's he's a he's a hard person to tackle, so we know, uh many secondaries. I don't really like to deal with him.
Speaker 4: He has a four fifteen.
Speaker 7: Looking across the line on Sunday, did you get the sense that Derek was kind of wearing on Buffalo?
Speaker 13: I mean after the first play, I got that sense.
Speaker 12: Yeah, definitely, Ronny, I think you got the chance to have to play since that last year.
Speaker 7: Obviously, Hendrickson is a guy who's probably you're going to see a lot of just.
Speaker 11: What do you kind of make up that matchup?
Speaker 7: And how good do you feel about going back against the guy who's you know, perennial home whole selection.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he's a good player, he's a leader for that whole defense, and you know, I expected to be a battle, you know, for the whole game.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Ravens Press Pass podcast, make sure you hit that subscribe button. Also follow us over on the lounge feed. Thank you so much for listening. We'll be back with you again tomorrow