Speaker 1: Hello, everybody, Welcome into the cycle, Part three of the week. I'm Ryan Warmley, joined as always by Mike Mayer. Be sure to check out parts one and two if you miss them Part one if you want to see me do a shot at Tequila Live at ten am on the air as I celebrated the Orioles firing Brandon Hyde. I'm getting that in. So Mayor can't make a joke about me needing to do another shot here on part three as you already did on part two, because I already did that on part one. By the way, I do want to remind everybody that if you're struggling with lineup decisions, our lineup assistant recommends optimal lineup suggestions to maximize your team's performance each day or week. Just sink your league for Taylor guidance based on your roster in league settings. Download the Fantasy Baseball My Playbook app or visit fantasypros dot com slash MLB My Playbook to set your winning lineup today. All right, Mayor, we're diving into our streamers. What do you got for us?
Speaker 2: All right? So using the Fantasy Pro Streamer tool, and also I will say for the Tequila shot. It was tenning mirror of time, but it was after twelve pm my time, so it is socially acceptable where I am just not worthy.
Speaker 1: Hey it's it's five o'clock somewhere right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not in America though, So using the Pitching Streaming tool, I kind of I try to filter this by I put in one of because you can like sink your teams and kind of look at how this all works and see who's available. I put in one of my shower alert shallow where that's hard word to say, leagues in here, just to kind of really hone in on players who should be available for you to stream on Monday. The really the only name I'm interested in it. It's when I brought up a few times already and so far it's gone well. Is Nick Martinez at the Royals. If you listen to the daily juice around the vetting pro side, Matt Parral has just been hammering the Royals team total under just over and over and over again. It just keeps winning. I think it just was. I think it just lost yesterday after like a pretty incredible streak of like hitting so many games, and according to our tool, that's a good offensive target. And Matt Parral has proven that, so you can win some money too if you want to just tell the under team total for the Royals. There's no other names. I'm really excited about Zach Lettel against the Twins. I don't really know about that, and no one else. I'm really very excited about Tuesday. I had as a stay away day question mark because I kind of looked at this day and I don't see.
Speaker 1: A whole lot this week's Friday is what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Pretty much. The top name available is Bowden Francis, but he has not had a good year and also like might still be roster in ther league. He has the best matchup according to this tool with VBR versus opponent. He's at the Texas Rangers. You know, offense is not very good right now, but still when it comes to streaming, I don't know if I trust Bowden Francis, And like similar story for Lucas Gilito, like he's been like good bed, good bed, good bet, and so not exactly someone I want to trust in his seven point zero eight ear right, even though it is a decent matchup against the Brewers and then the only other one Chris Paddock at Tampa Bay is you know, probably the best option here. But the Tampa Bay lineup is not scary, but that ballpark is scary, so you know that's probably the best. You know, someone he's been pitching better and you know, decent matchup, So probably Chris Baddock. But I would also just lean stay away. On Tuesday, Wednesday, I had It's another pretty light day in terms of like filtering by names available, This might just not be a great streaming week kind of looking at this, the top name is at least Severino at Houston. I don't hate that, especially with your and on Alvarez. I assume we'll still be out. I don't think I'll be back by then, so I don't hate that, especially outside of that A's ballpark. But other than that, not a whole lot I like on that day. Thursday is a funny one because, like I said before, I filter this by like one of my shallower leagues, not like super shallow, but on the shallow side, and so it removes players who are rostered in that league. And so because Thursday is a small slate and I have my league sainct, there is one name available. Normally there is like fifteen or you know, like that I'm looking at and some of them are just started to mention because they're bad. A Thursday, small slate is one name, so it's Jeffrey Springs or bust. So it's do you want to stream Jeffrey Springs at Toronto? And there are no other options that day. But also he's been pitching a lot better, so I don't know that I hate that one. It's not that bad.
Speaker 1: I don't hate that one. I will say I would I would do Springs if he's available.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Friday, I managed to find a name this week, Colin Reya again against the Reds, not on the road. He's at home against the Reds. You could also do Justin Berlander at the Marlins. Jose Siriano at the Guardians is probably my third choice there, but I don't think I want to get in bed with anything else there unless you want to do Dean Kramer against the White Sox, but I assume you probably don't.
Speaker 1: I mean against the White Sox maybe, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not really. On Saturday, the top name of album was when we just mentioned Ben Brown, but we don't know if he's one hundred pcent going to make that start, So we'll see Charlie Morton against the White Sox. Probably not gonna do that. I don't think I want to get into anything Charlie Morton's up to these days. How about this?
Speaker 1: You you very literally could not pay me to start Charlie Morton.
Speaker 2: Would you do Zebbie Matthews against Seattle at Seattle?
Speaker 1: I mean, it depends on how much of a need it was, but I'd consider it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean his first start wasn't that great, but yeah, that's probably well. I will warrant, Oh, will warrant if it's at the Dodgers. Now, I'm not streaming Will Warren against the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I saw Will Warren. I got excited and then I saw the matchup, so I'm not doing him against the Dodgers. I actually have him, like I mentioned, in a deeper league, but I didn't start him this week even though it was a two star week because the second start was against the Daughters. But his first start was really good. And then to close out the week, there's Nick Martinez again, but he's at the Cubs. I'm probably not going to do that. Here's a question for you, though, Nick Martinez, if you have to do him in a for a two start week and you have to lock him in your lineup? Are you doing it with the starts Monday is at Kansas City and then Sunday would be at the Cubs. Are you running that risk or are you just staying away from that.
Speaker 1: M That's a tough one. I think I would not run that risk. I think I would only start him if I could just do Monday as a streamer. I would not lock in the two star week.
Speaker 2: I think it depends on how desperate I am in a league. I have a couple of these.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty scared of at the Cubs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that makes me nervous. Yeah, I think that's fair. And then other than that, there's bound in Francis again at home against the Athletics. So again, if you streamed him on Monday, you'd be streaming him in it's a weekly league, you'd be streaming.
Speaker 1: I will say this, I would prefer Francis locking in a two start week over Martinez given the matchups.
Speaker 2: What was his first matchup, Okay, at Texas and then against the Athletics, but at home. I don't hate that.
Speaker 1: I would I'm not saying it's like the perfect no matchup, but like that's better to me than having one of the starts to be at the Cubs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there aren't many other good options here. They're either really bad pitchers or have really bad matchups. So I think, you know, not a great streaming week, but those are the options.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go to our two start picture competition. You do have the lead four to two, although I still maintain that one of those weeks was blatantly unfair that you got the win, so it really should be three to three, but it is currently four to two. So we'll see see how our current week goes, where I have Schooble and you have Framber. You won the most recent week with Michael King. I did have to go as Shane Boz obviously because Hunter Green was hurt, which I knew it was a risk, and you know Boz was not good, particularly in the second start, so that was an easy win for you. Like I said, we'll see how week seven wraps up. Of For week eight, we actually had some good names. I feel like this is the first week in like a month where there were multiple options and it was guys that we hadn't used already, Like we really had a number of good choices. I ultimately went with Jacob de Gram, and the main reason I went with him was because I think it was Yamamoto had at least one start that I didn't love, and I figured, I'm gonna like him again later in the season. I'll just save him. But the other real main thought was I don't I have been really on the train of I do not want to Gram. I do not trust him to stay healthy. He's pitching awesome right now, and I mean I expected him to be good when he was on the mound. I just didn't think we'd get the innings out of him. So I want to use him before you've already used him. I also want to use him early, before the inevitable injury comes that I keep predicting. Plus, he gets Toronto and Saint Louis, like, you know, I'm comfortable with those matchups obviously, So he's on a heater. He's actually healthy. I'm sure, I'm you know, knock on wood jinxing it, but I'll take to ground while I can.
Speaker 2: I'm doing something similar on the other side. I'm going with Garrett Crochet, you know, similar injury concerns, just because you know we've only ever seen this last year and before that pretty lengthy injury history. But right now, Garrett Crochet has been incredible. You know, despite what Welsh says, I'm leading off, he's been really, really good. He's got a sub two era looks incredible. His matchups are at the Brewers and at the Brave, so don't necessarily love that I'm streaming two road starts, but also not the worst matchups. Although the unfortunate thing is I could be playing with fire with that second start because it's at the Braves. But Acuna is going to be back, so that could be interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was one reason why I went away from Crochet because I got to the sheet first. I considered taking him though, because you couldn't take de Graham and then forcing you to use a different player. But I just figured I want to take de Grom and I like the matchup.
Speaker 2: Some gamesmanship for me. There there were some other names, think about it.
Speaker 1: There was a lot of good options.
Speaker 2: Yamamoto, but one of those starts against the.
Speaker 1: Yankees, Yes, that's what it was, the Yankees.
Speaker 2: Joe Ryan is not I don't know if I've used Joe Ryan, but Joe Ryan's another.
Speaker 1: Really, this was not a week where like, if your first choice was gone, you were gonna have to fall back on Shane Boz or Shane's Smith. I went Shane back to back weeks thanks to Kelly. That's brutal shock are They both lost? All right? So we'll see how that goes, and then our weekend excitement. We'll go quickly here because I got to get out of here. Hunter Green returns on Friday, the aforementioned Hunter Green to face the Cubs. So I mean, that's a really fun matchup if he's back in healthy that I'm really excited to watch that one. Green versus the Cubs, Freddy Praultzo versus Paul Skins, fun matchup, a couple of pictures. And then Zach wheel Or versus your beloved Jeffrey Springs. I don't highlight that one as well, but really, like the big one for me is Green on Friday against the Cubs is kind of the big highlight of the weekend for me.
Speaker 2: What about you, I gotta say, you write verse vs. Without the period? I don't care for that. I don't really like.
Speaker 1: I actually definitely do both. Like sometimes I write with the period and sometimes I don't it. There is literally no rhyme or reason to my logic. There.
Speaker 2: For my weekend excitement, I have the battle of the Cell Highs, Nick Pivetta versus Chris Sale, Nick Pavetta being more of a sell higher than Chris Sale, but two people I've talked about on the show as Cell Highs in the past. Also Ronald Lacunya returning. The great irony being I can't I'm in Georgia, but I can't watch the Braves because of wonderful MLB blackout rules. They are not on the cable provider that I have, so that's awesome. But you know I'll see highlights of ron Lalguni returning. And then the last one is, like I mentioned, I recently traded for san Diel Contre because I'm interested in buying low on him and he has a pretty rupe will start against Angels, and I want to see if this is the beginning of him turning things around.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll go ahead and wrap things up there. Thanks everybody for tuning in to our pitching focused episode. We of course did Routing the Bases is part one where we went through Brandon Hide and we did some grade the trade, we talked some rules changes we'd like to see. We did a whole bunch of stuff in Part one and super fun. I also did it tequila shots to go watch that if you want to see that on YouTube. And then part two we did our usual buys and sales and waiver stuff. So a great bunch of episodes this week. Hope everybody enjoyed them this weekend. For Mayor, I'm Ryan Warmley. Thanks for tuning in. We'll see you again next time. And by the way, next week we'll be Kelly Kirby instead of Mayor. You get a fun, rare worm and Kelly episodes, so that'll be fun to chat with her and see. I told her already I want to do a segment on some lessons she's learned in the first few months of this season, so we'll see. We'll see what Kelly has to say. But for Mayor, I'm Ryan, thanks for tuning in. We'll see you next week. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy Pros MLB