Speaker 1: I'm Jose's father. Thank you for listening to my son. It's almost time for your second date updates Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. And if someone vanishes in a magic act, that's cool. Yes, if someone vanishes during your first date, that's not as cool. That's the magic show. Yeah, magician, that's fair. But it's especially weird when she disappears along with her car.
Speaker 2: Okay, she's definitely gone.
Speaker 1: That happened to one of our listeners recently. He's not sure if she meant to do it or if there was just a weird miscommunication at the end of the night. After you hear it, you tell us if you think it was intentional in your second date update right after this.
Speaker 3: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning Second Date Update.
Speaker 1: We've had some strange requests on this segment before, like, for example, the listener who wanted us to pretend we were from a British radio show lied and said that he was from London.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my accent's so good.
Speaker 1: But we tried it. Also, someone who asked our producer if we could alter his voice so his wife wouldn't recognize him if she heard it. No, that wrong show for that.
Speaker 2: No, not us.
Speaker 1: We believe it or not, we do have a limit of what we're willing to do.
Speaker 2: It's very low.
Speaker 1: It is the bar is low, but there is a bar. But today one of our listeners has emailed with a request specifically for Brooke, and we'll find out if she's willing to accommodate it.
Speaker 2: Would you like another English accent?
Speaker 1: Let's find out. His name is Briar Brier. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hey guys, Broke, I really need you on my side for this one.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I can do that. I mean unless you did something really dumb.
Speaker 1: This already stipulation.
Speaker 2: Well it's like I said, yeah, so that I remembered I don't know anything about this man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. Why do you want Brooks approval?
Speaker 4: I just I've listened to Brooke on a couple of different occasions before you know where.
Speaker 2: The real power comes from. That's what you just needed to say.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well yeah, I mean, in a nutshell, I enjoy your insidion.
Speaker 1: Okay, So let's get into your date that you went on. What's the girl's name?
Speaker 4: So her name was Siona, Okay. I took her to like a medium price restaurant.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, he.
Speaker 4: Served a lot of different types of Americans, but it was good Brook America.
Speaker 1: I'm not a big fan lately.
Speaker 2: I love Denny's. Oh yeah, all Miami. I mean apple Lee's kind of hit sometimes. You know, Chili's is my number one. I would say.
Speaker 1: So, now we got Brook back on board, let's keep going with it. How did it go with the restaurant?
Speaker 4: You know, it was it was good. I was just really trying to focus on her and making sure that she was okay, to see if she had any any type of needs.
Speaker 2: You know, like you mean you were just like asking her questions and being inquisitive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean like asking if she had any type of dietary restriction.
Speaker 1: That's actually good. I mean, do you really need to ask that question because I like to propose that after they've gone into anaphylactic shock, because.
Speaker 2: How could you be the hero? And if she wasn't swelling?
Speaker 1: Oh was it the crab that's making you do that with your face?
Speaker 2: Woman? You didn't know you were allergic to crab.
Speaker 1: Maybe if you eat more. Yeah, but good for you that you asked beforehand. Okay, that's a strong move.
Speaker 2: But what was the date? Like, like, what was your connection like it was fun.
Speaker 4: It was actually a lot of fun. We actually started talking about childhood TV shows.
Speaker 1: And oh my gosh, that's such a good fun topic.
Speaker 2: We all want to jump in with our parents. Yea, even you mentioned it us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what was your answer for a favorite child to the TV show?
Speaker 4: Well? Mine was actually, hey, Arnold, I don't know if you guys remember, dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, degenerate children.
Speaker 4: Hers was Rugrats degenerate babies.
Speaker 2: Okay, but look at your both Nickelodeon kids.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I did point that out.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, dude, I mean, so you're hitting it off, finding things you have in common.
Speaker 4: And we also agreed that dunk woos are actually overrated.
Speaker 1: Overrated gosh, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I had one recently and I'm with him on that one really as good as a kid.
Speaker 1: But you should just keep talking about food because Brooke is not going to go against you again. I'm just curious. Did you have any non food, non children's topics that you covered during your conversation?
Speaker 4: Uh? Yeah, Well we did start talking about being a single on like this trained at the climate. It's it's a lot different than our past relationships. I mean, am I wrong in.
Speaker 1: Saying, man, yeah, it's crazy. We can't wagh in on that because she hasn't dated in many, many, many decades, so she doesn't know what it's like.
Speaker 2: It's been a long time, over a decade.
Speaker 1: Right, No, you use track of time. Okay, Well it all.
Speaker 2: Sounds cute, though. It sounds like you guys are vibing talking about some deeper stuff even you related.
Speaker 1: Was there something bad that happened?
Speaker 4: No, not not bad. Maybe a miscommunication or misunderstanding. Towards the end of the night, after we were done eating, I paid for dinner. Yeah, and we went to the lobby and I had to use the restroom real quick. After I came out, she was gone, like I could find her in the restaurant. I went outside, her car was gone. Oh goodness, Maybe she misunderstood me, and like saying, hey, I have to go to a restroom. It was nice talking to you and see you later, but I just need to use the bathroom. And I came back down and she was you.
Speaker 1: Thought there was gonna be more after You know, that's a real Angelica Pickles move right, Yeah, you get it.
Speaker 2: I can feel that though, like just that awkward moment You're like, wait, was that a goodbye? Do I leave?
Speaker 5: Ye?
Speaker 1: Say?
Speaker 2: And maybe she was in her head like I don't want to stay because what if he just said goodbye and then he comes out and I'm still here?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Yeah, without a proper goodbye, it's totally you don't know where you stand. So where are you in? Fiona? Now?
Speaker 4: She did touch me a little bit later.
Speaker 6: Oh that's good.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Since then, I've kind of, you know, alluded to the fact that maybe we should get up again. I really enjoyed myself and she's always busy.
Speaker 2: Oh that sound a good time.
Speaker 1: Okay, I could be a brush off there. Yeah, So we're going to call her here in a second. But Brook, where are we at with Brier? He's asked that you have his back? Here are you willing to throw your support behind him? During the next part of the call, it sounds like you had a great date. Why is your voice going so hi when you say yeah.
Speaker 2: Boday, No, I really support Briar.
Speaker 1: All right, We're gonna come back and hopefully Brook is true to her word when we call Fiona and try and get you your second date. Update Right after this, hold on.
Speaker 3: Mane Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning Second date update.
Speaker 1: We don't have a ton of time here. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, but we're in the middle of a second date update where a guy named Briar desperately wants Brooks support because he's heard how these calls go and if she's not one hundred percent behind you, then she's one hundred percent out to get you. You are so dramatic, Jeffrey Brook is out to get me right now, one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: You are such a drama king.
Speaker 1: So just some bullet points about Briar's date real quick. He took a lady named Fiona out to a restaurant. They bonded over childhood TV shows and their mutual hatred of Dunkarouse. I'm still recapping, please don't interrupt, And they talked about how dating is different nowadays than it was with past relationships.
Speaker 6: Are you going to go.
Speaker 2: Into every detail of everything that happened? I mean, I think they just listened to part one.
Speaker 1: This is just a quick recap because not everyone heard it. Brook somewre just to just if you missed it. But after they paid the bill, there was a little miscommunication about using the restroom, because when he came out, Fiona had already left and her car was gone. At least we're.
Speaker 2: Hoping it's a miscommunication and she didn't just bail.
Speaker 1: Yes, Or is it possible that her car got towed and she blames Briar for that? What Briar, did you have her car toad on purpose so that she'd be stranded there and forced to get a ride home with you? Are you listening?
Speaker 4: I did, Yeah, I did. I am listening. No, I did not do that.
Speaker 2: I thought you just said I did.
Speaker 1: Okay, I know you're saying that, but the truth will come out when we call Fiona here in a second if she picks up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, no, no, I hope it does, because I'm just completely lost, that's what happened.
Speaker 2: I think she just thinks you don't like her that much, and that is something we can quickly clear up.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you so much, Broke. I really really hope that you have my backward dish because I just I'm so lost, Brier.
Speaker 2: It's all I've had so far, So let's keep going, move forward.
Speaker 1: We're all in your corner. I'm gonna dial Fiona's number and let's see if she answers here we go.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you?
Speaker 1: Hey? Is this Fiona? Y? Hey Fiona. This is an entire radio show actually called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning He Show.
Speaker 2: Fiona, good morning.
Speaker 7: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's going on is a segment that we do pretty regularly on the show called the Second Date Update.
Speaker 7: Okay, that sounds fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's kind of fun and our most popular segment, and.
Speaker 1: It could be really fun for you because we're talking about a guy that you went on a really nice date with recently, a guy named Briar.
Speaker 7: Oh all right, laugh, you.
Speaker 1: Seem a little shy.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The thing is where we're trying to help Briar out because he told us about your date. He felt like there was a good vibe happening. But he's a little bit confused because afterwards there hasn't been any communication about a second meetup.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, No, he's reached out a couple of times. I've just been busy.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it really is just a scheduling thing for you. You plan on seeing him again?
Speaker 7: Oh no, no.
Speaker 2: You say no, you don't plan on seeing him again?
Speaker 7: No, not really?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I mean, that's fine, But is there a reason why you feel that way because Briar isn't sure?
Speaker 7: Uh yeah, I mean he's kind of sweet. He's just a little bit of a mess.
Speaker 2: How so.
Speaker 7: Uh so he talked to you, he told you stuff.
Speaker 1: Or yeah, yeah, I mean just in a nutshell. Your date was at a nice American restaurant. You guys talked about childhood TV shows and current dating and past dating, and.
Speaker 7: So I'm guessing you heard about his breakup.
Speaker 2: He generalized.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we didn't get into any like specifics about past relationships or anything like that.
Speaker 7: Gotcha, Okay, So at one point he did open up to me and was talking about how dating is different these days, and he volunteered the information about his last serious relationship. And so he broke up with like a serious girlfriend to date an Only Fans model.
Speaker 2: That's what he told you.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, and he wore up and down that he was like tricked into it.
Speaker 2: He probably was to date though I think it's a popular OnlyFans girls. There plenty of women on Only Fans that have like one fan, like where it's the only fan.
Speaker 1: Knowing what you know about Briar, he probably gets the top tier Only fans girls. Yeah, because I mean he's that type of guy. I could see.
Speaker 2: Him, I'll tell you this. I could see him being sweet and maybe a little naive when.
Speaker 6: It comes to yeah, so sweet.
Speaker 7: I mean he was crying.
Speaker 2: Oh no, at the table. He was crying about the only fans.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he was crying at the table because he found out that the only fans model wouldn't commit to him because she's in a relationship too.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so you found out that Briar left his girlfriend to be with an OnlyFans woman who refused to commit fully to him. Correct, and which why that was a turn off to you?
Speaker 2: Was paid for only fans well in a relationship.
Speaker 6: Still, for me, it was.
Speaker 7: Like we were talking about Dunkarus and kids shows and then aw, he's crying at the table about his only fans model, and I'm like, yep, dating do be different.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you think he's not over the only fans girl?
Speaker 7: Parsonally, I think he's not over it because y you be kran. And then I'm also like, what if this is us and then you meet another only fans model and she's telling you that she's going to be with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you deposit X amount of money.
Speaker 1: Maybe or is there a chance that that was just kind of a made up story as like a flex. Sometimes guys will do that as Alex that.
Speaker 2: He got left by an only fansmoy is.
Speaker 7: Not going to flex and then cry.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying you never know.
Speaker 2: The money.
Speaker 1: We should really ask Briar about it, because I need to tell you Fion. He is on the other line right now listening to this call.
Speaker 2: Oh buddy, what yeah Brian there?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How you doing.
Speaker 4: So littally embarrassed? But I'm okay, okay.
Speaker 7: What do you call it? Radio station Brier? Like, what did you think is going to happen?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: I was just kind of transfigure out what was going on. I mean I tried to reach out to you. You always said that you're busy. I mean, what's what's going on?
Speaker 7: I think? Okay, just rule of some future dating. One, I'm busy, she might be busy. Four, I'm busy. You don't want to see you?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean you told me that you were busy three times.
Speaker 7: What does that mean that you would test again?
Speaker 8: Okay, Brian, you just got to put yourself in her shoes, right, Like if you were on a date and a woman was crying about her ex, you probably wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Feel great about that future with them.
Speaker 4: I mean I was comfortable with her at the end of the day, and I don't mind being sensitive, and she was sensitive to me, I would be open to it as well. I mean, is it wrong that I was open to her? Book?
Speaker 2: It just it just comes off as maybe you're not over Yeah, you know that's the thing, but maybe you're Maybe you were crying because she took all your money, Like, was that why you're crying?
Speaker 4: It said, Yeah, well she didn't take all my money, she just took some of it.
Speaker 1: Well, that's really generous of her to leave some left over for you to date other women.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Fona, Like, how many men have been scammed by beautiful women? Oh yeah, thousands, thousands. I mean, all you want is for Briar to have learned his lesson, right, Sure?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I do want that for him.
Speaker 1: That's good, and you could help give that to him if you agree to go on another date, a date that we would pay for.
Speaker 4: I'll promise that I won't cry on the second.
Speaker 7: Date, honestly, But you didn't promise yourself that on the thirst date.
Speaker 1: Oh, Keona, do you want to date a guy who's bottling his emotions just for you at.
Speaker 6: Least about his actual No, I don't want that either.
Speaker 2: Oh man, you're a confusing woman.
Speaker 7: What did a from lab say? Complicated?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you just want to hook up with him once and then move on that? Okay, okay, okay? So is that a yes to the hookup?
Speaker 7: Briar? Very kind of you to say that that you sound comfortable with me, and you're very sweet.
Speaker 2: But no, Oh my gosh, that's okay.
Speaker 1: Jeez, Briar.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, man, I don't even know what to say. I guess I guess I'll go back to crying.
Speaker 8: Don't do that that, Briar.
Speaker 7: Please don't cry again right now.
Speaker 4: I can't guarantee that.
Speaker 1: But he starts, all right, Well, you know what, Brian, it's not a date with Fiona, but we'll set you and brook ups. You guys can hug and cry into each other's arms.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm married, so it's nothing more than that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well he was. He was in a relationship before too.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 3: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning, We're.
Speaker 1: Gotting a lot of text into sevent eighty five to nine two from the listeners saying Briar is just the sweetest man.
Speaker 2: And then are they attaching their venmos so that Briar can send them money?
Speaker 1: No, they're not doing that, and nobody's asking to go out with him either, but they do like him. Yeah, the only fans girls like subscribe to me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Probably. I mean, come on, ladies, a guy who cries at the dinner table on a first date after openly admitting that he broke up with his last girlfriend to date an only fans model. Where's the red flag there? I dare you to find it.
Speaker 2: I wish we could break that sentence up a little bit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like a lot.
Speaker 1: Just there, maybe a few problems there. Yeah all right, maybe Briar has some personal stuff he needs to work out first before he dives back into the dating pool.
Speaker 2: But I still support men that cry, Alexis, that's right, Hey, I just not about your ex on a first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can even cry while you email the show while asking us for help. Oh, if we see tears, we will help. Yes, put those crying emojis in your email, and we will definitely call that person who's not calling you back, and Brook will have your back one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Let's not just make that a blanket the situation.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, give us a few details and then we can help you out. But go subscribe wherever you get your podcasts. We're up at Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: We like to shake things up every now and again on this show. But no, Brook, for the four hundredth time, we're not adding roadkill reviews on the tens.
Speaker 2: Like that.
Speaker 1: We know the mango chutney raccoon tail tastes amazing, especially if it's Microwaves.
Speaker 8: I mean, I can say that without not wanting to talk more about it.
Speaker 1: Get it. But this time we're shaking things up by doing an alternate version of our infamous second datea date. You're gonna have to hear it to believe it. We're doing it. No spoilers. It's coming up.
Speaker 3: Next Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning. Second date updates.
Speaker 1: When you go on a date with someone and they suddenly break off all communication, no reasons given. That's called being ghosted, and that's what our second date updates are all about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it happens a lot.
Speaker 1: You're just learning the term. Now you're a little behind it, or I guess we'd also accept the terms breadcrumbing, orbiting, semi orbiting, and getting semi trucked, which is that's what happened to me off exit sixteen last Friday, got eighteen wheeled within an each.
Speaker 2: Of Real's you were disappointed, though, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: The happiest I've been in years. But what about the people that are past the first or second date but not quite into an exclusive relationship yet. Oh, you're like in the situationship.
Speaker 2: It's still ghosting though, isn't. It's just like worse right.
Speaker 1: The thing is, we didn't really have an outlet a segment on this show to help them with that until today. Oh really, because we're about to do our first ever twenty second date update for people who've been seeing someone for like a month or so and now suddenly it's not going well and they need our help. Okay, and that's why our listener Brittany emailed saying the guy that she's been hanging out with has been acting a little distant. She can't figure it out. So Brittany, welcome to the show. I know this is a little bit different than our second date updates, so let's just start with what's the name of the guy? Or you two like in contact with each other. Now we're not in contact, Like, what's the situation.
Speaker 6: So his name is Mark? Okay, we've been dating for about a month and a half. Now we're not living with each other.
Speaker 2: It's my god, Yeah, no, we're not that after a month and a half, you're.
Speaker 4: Going to move in.
Speaker 6: I'm just letting you know. That's kind of where we are. We're not stage to move in at all.
Speaker 1: Girlfriend, then like officially.
Speaker 2: I think, so I just going to tell you haven't had the official talk yet?
Speaker 5: Then yeah, right.
Speaker 6: Like I've deleted my dating app, and he says that he was not going to be on the dating app either. Here's here's how we're going right now. Starting off awesome, of course, as most new relationships do. But lately we haven't been hanging out as much at night. Like before we'd like go on night dates or maybe I'd have a little stay over or something like that, and now it's not as much at night.
Speaker 1: I mean, doesn't that happen?
Speaker 9: Like after like a month or so, it's like all right, now we see each other maybe twice a week instead of five days away.
Speaker 2: No, I think usually it goes the opposite. Usually, if you're really into something or someone sorry or something, yeah, stay the extra club, you end up.
Speaker 1: Spending more time at their place than you do at your own place.
Speaker 2: If it's progressing well, Brittany would have been moved in by now.
Speaker 1: But that's not happening. He seems to be distancing.
Speaker 6: Himself right Like, I'm just getting these red flags. Like we're not at the point where I have his phone passward, so I can't really look at what these texts are about. But I do notice that he is texting with a girl who has the same name as his ex.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, it's a little shady. Have you like brought that fact up to him, that you've seen the messages coming from someone with his ex's name.
Speaker 6: Well, I haven't said anything because I don't want to rock the boat and cause problems because it's so fresh and so early in this relationship. I just have been getting a feeling that he's like hiding something.
Speaker 1: Man, I mean, how is all of this affecting you, like emotionally, Because if it was me and I was seeing X text coming in, I would have air tagged all of his stuff right now.
Speaker 2: Wait, why are you not just asking him? I don't understand to be paranoid without getting an answer.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, yeah, I mean why aren't you doing that?
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm not because I just don't want to lose him, because I really like him, and so I don't want to create this confrontation in case it's like, oh my gosh, my sister's name is the same as.
Speaker 2: My act Okay, I don't think that's probably gonna be his sister's names after Yeah, And like.
Speaker 6: Where's the point where we're like, oh my gosh, you want a dog? I want a dog. Let's get a dog together? Not right now, but like.
Speaker 2: Sounds like we're getting a little quick into this relationship.
Speaker 1: You guys are moving through stages.
Speaker 3: Even when you guys both stop going on dating sites, that's another stage towards well.
Speaker 2: You can't ask him a question, but you want to live together and get a dog.
Speaker 4: Let.
Speaker 1: I see what she's doing. She's like considering how he would take the conversation. He might feel attacked if she's like, why am I getting these texts? Why aren't we living together yet? Where's our dog?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 1: Though, I mean where's our doctor?
Speaker 2: That feels a lot more simple than having us intervene. What do you want us to do about it?
Speaker 6: I don't know. I just I don't like confrontation and I don't want to make things worse and really need your help to just figure it out where I don't say something stupid to his face. Yeah, okay, I mean you are the professionals.
Speaker 1: The professional confrontational people. I'm a professional comedian, lady, I'm not here for dating.
Speaker 2: Okay, you may end up getting her here. He just sounds like he may not be as interested as Yes. I don't say that to be mean, but.
Speaker 6: Bar I mean, that might be hard for me to hear, but if he's feeling that way, then I would like to hear it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's fair.
Speaker 1: Okay. So, I mean normally when we would do second date updates, we're asking about the date when we're talking to the person on the other line. This is going to be different with a twenty second date update. We're going to call him and confront him about the relationship issues that he doesn't know that his girlfriend has with his back.
Speaker 2: Such a strong word, Okay, that's politely asked.
Speaker 1: Will politely poke his brain and try and get some answers. For why he's suddenly becoming more distant in your new relationship. When we come back and give you your first ever twenty second date update, what folder do we put this in on the podcast?
Speaker 2: It's a typo.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's all Lexis's fault. Let me come back right after this.
Speaker 3: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Second Date Update.
Speaker 1: If you're just joining us, we're doing our first ever twenty second date update with our listener Brittany, who's been seeing a guy named Mark for the last like six weeks or so, and even though they're not officially labeled his boyfriend and girlfriend, they have agreed to get off the apps and try to focus more on each other. Brittany doesn't really feel like he's been doing that, though, especially not lately. He seems to be going out more at nights, acting more distant from her, and the really big red flag that stood out to her is he's been getting text messages from a woman with the same name as his ex girlfriend.
Speaker 2: It does not feel like a coincidence everything else.
Speaker 1: Can we give her a benefit? At least she's not like it's his X. She's like trying to be optimistic because she can't read the text messages because he hasn't shared his passing the bottom line, a lot of concerns on her side, and she personally hates confrontation doesn't want to risk the relationship in that way, so she's asked us to step in and try to investigate for.
Speaker 2: Her because the one thing we love is confrontation.
Speaker 1: I know we're trying to keep it light here with you, Brittany, but I know you must be going through a lot emotionally right now before we make the call.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I'm a little stressed, but I mean I gotta find out before we keep going.
Speaker 2: You know, just remember you're like eight weeks into this thing. You know, it's not it does feel like a lot, but you're gonna look back and be like, oh that oh that guy, I forgot about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, actually she's six weeks into it. Let's not like reship.
Speaker 2: Your friends aren't gonna remember this guy marriage. Basically, it's not a serious as it feels.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the best way to say it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for sure. I just I just really like him and I'm hoping that it's something light.
Speaker 1: And we hope that too for you, Yes, we do, but not for the not for the show drama. So let's just see what happens for our very first twenty second date update. We're still really doing it. We're branding it.
Speaker 7: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hey is this Mark?
Speaker 5: This is Mark?
Speaker 1: Hey man, thanks for picking up the phone. We're actually a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Hey Mark, what's up MARKO morning? Sorry, I'm laughing because I'm curious how jeff is going to explain why we're calling you.
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: What what is this?
Speaker 1: So this is a segment we do for the very first time. It's called a twenty second date update. It rolls right off the tongue.
Speaker 5: Wait, I'm sorry, what what has happened? I feel like I do you guys mean to call me?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, we've been asked to call you by the woman that you're seeing lately, a woman named Brittany.
Speaker 5: Okay, so Brittany called.
Speaker 2: You, guys, Yes, yes, because she really likes you.
Speaker 1: But bottom line is she's noticed some differences. She feels like you've been a little bit more distant, going out more at nights than you used to.
Speaker 2: Uh huh uh huh okay, yeah, maybe not as interested in her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and judging from that response, I can't see why she would think that. But uh, there's also a big problem that she's noticed with your text messages. She's not reading them.
Speaker 2: Because she saw a name pop up on your phone.
Speaker 1: But in a non confrontational type of way. When you say the word confrontational, doesn't take it away. Okay, just talent? The name?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know the name, but why doesn't she just talk to me about it?
Speaker 2: We asked her the exact same. You would think that would be the first step. She is very scared of rocking the boats because.
Speaker 1: She really values this relationship, this blossoming potential relationship that you two have, and doesn't want to create an issue if there isn't one. So is there one?
Speaker 9: I mean, look, there's a couple of things she doesn't now, but I don't think it's a big deal.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, she did say that you guys both deleted your dating naps, right, Does that mean that you're only seeing her or are you still seeing other people?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: No, no, I'm only seeing her.
Speaker 9: Okay, but I am technically seeing an ex girlfriend.
Speaker 2: What, Scott, I've only seen.
Speaker 1: Her dating You need to explain, dude, it's not romantic.
Speaker 5: It's just I don't have a choice.
Speaker 2: How are you somehow a victim in this?
Speaker 9: You don't have a no, no, no, it's just I split custody of our French bulldog, so I have to like coordinate with her, like the drop offs every other week.
Speaker 5: That's why. That's all.
Speaker 2: How would she not know that you have a dog every other week?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well, the thing is I don't have actual custody. I just have visitation rights.
Speaker 2: What's so late.
Speaker 6: A second? Let me let me clarify.
Speaker 1: So hold on, wait sorry, Brittany. Yeah, yeah, that's Brittany that she's on the other line listening to this phone call.
Speaker 2: Suddenly she's really good at confrontation.
Speaker 6: It sounds like, no, I just need a little bit of clarification. So what you're saying is that you're ditching me to hang out with the dog and your old doggy mama. I mean, why wouldn't you tell me this? Why have you been hiding this?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean I was going to tell you.
Speaker 9: I just I didn't know how to and I didn't know if it was like weird or if you think it was like normal or weird.
Speaker 2: I just didn't know how to tell you do you only have visitation rights at night because it's the night that you're not hanging out with Brittany.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's visitation on Wednesday nights, So you're tucking the dog in.
Speaker 1: You're not going and see another girls, are you?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: No, I'm not.
Speaker 6: I'm not.
Speaker 2: And it isn't inviting you to stay the night on Wednesday nights, is she? No?
Speaker 5: No, it's like, I don't even go inside if I can avoid it.
Speaker 4: I just go in the backyard with the dog and like play for a few hours.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, Like I literally found a chewed up tennis ball in your jacket.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like, what is why?
Speaker 8: Oh so it's legit, Like he's okay.
Speaker 2: I mean I'd put my pet before a girl I'm at for six weeks.
Speaker 1: I mean well, I mean, Brittany, now that you've heard that, how does that make you feel? Does that make you feel better about the situation?
Speaker 6: I feel weird because you you lie to me and secretly sharing custody of a dog with your ex.
Speaker 5: But I'm sorry I lied.
Speaker 9: But I mean it's just you know, it's hard to be a good single dog parent and do what's the best interest of my dog son.
Speaker 8: Oh, I think, Brittany, I think you gotta let this one slide a little bit.
Speaker 2: It sounds really sweet.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, I do have to say, I mean, in the interest of full disclosure, I actually don't share custody of just one.
Speaker 5: I actually share to be two dogs, two different women.
Speaker 1: Geez, what dog is a real confused?
Speaker 2: Do you remember Brittany told us that they were talking about getting a dog.
Speaker 6: You gonna say, like, if we got a dog and we broke up, you're gonna have three doggy mommies.
Speaker 1: And why we're better with dogs and women, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: I don't know, because he's not getting full custody of any dogs the only visitation. Are you just trying to be a part time dog owner?
Speaker 5: No, no, I'm just trying to do right by my children, my dog's children.
Speaker 6: Like if my life's supposed to be doggy stepmom now, cu.
Speaker 2: I mean it's a French it's kind of cute. That is cute.
Speaker 5: I mean, I would love for you to meet at least one of them at some.
Speaker 2: Point soon, at some point, you don't want to rush introducing your children to a new relationship. That makes sense.
Speaker 1: Don't traumatize those dogs for the rest of their lives.
Speaker 6: I mean, they will end up loving me better than their original mom, So I'm.
Speaker 1: Never going to get into a custody battle.
Speaker 6: Like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: This is getting kind of messy now, man, this isn't good.
Speaker 2: Okay to suggest if you guys are going to stay in this relationship, let's hold off on getting another dog for sure.
Speaker 1: But Brittany, now that the whole situation is laid out, you know he's not cheating on you. Do you feel better about the situation? Like, where's your head at?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's good, it's kind of sweet.
Speaker 1: I mean no, it's not a second date update. We're not off to send them out again. You guys are going to agree to continue data. Why can't we.
Speaker 2: Said about a date?
Speaker 4: Yeah, why can't you send us on a date for the dog?
Speaker 1: And then the doggies mom and like there's there's too many moving parts in that a dog friendly bar. You two can just go to a free dog park together and talk things out there.
Speaker 6: Perfect, Maybe the dog mom will let you take the dog to.
Speaker 4: A dog's part.
Speaker 9: Oh wow, the X I have to put in a request two months ahead of time, so that's gonna be wild.
Speaker 1: Oh well, Okay, well what did you do in that relationship? Well, at least we have some clarification. That's what we came here to do. So best of luck to the two of you in your developing situation.
Speaker 6: Thanks so much, thanks for helping with confrontation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a lot still for a couple that's not official. Yeah, drama going on, and we'll come back in a few weeks to get our forty second date up with you and figure out where you are with your dogs and Jeffrey in the morning. Now, for me and for I think everybody in the room, that was weirdly kind of sweet to hear that. But some people might say, though, it's a red flag that the person you're dating has multiple doggy mama drama and has already suggested adopting a third.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was at sweet with one, and then when we got to two, I'm like, dude, what are you doing right?
Speaker 1: I mean, eventually her nights are going to be fully booked up visiting all these baby doggies, not to mention having to go for their birthdays and their piano recitals.
Speaker 2: And I really think that he has kind of an inflated idea of how important he is to the dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with his visitations once a week, play once a week with it. So if she decides to stick with it, it's going to be quite a commitment from her. I'm not sure if she really realizes what she's signing up for.
Speaker 2: You, y, I guarantee you they're going to email us back in three months and they're going to have a dog, and then another six months and then they're gonna be broken up. Oh, it's a cycle.
Speaker 8: This man's in a psychle and we didn't even ask him about cats, yeah, or grand baby dogs that he has to deal with too.
Speaker 2: We got to span new Ya, that's true.
Speaker 1: So what one of things she really needs to be signing up for is our YouTube channel. You can go help you subscribe to it and that. And I'm not going to help her in a relationship, but we would love to have you. We have all of our content up on our YouTube page at Brook and Jeffrey. Go subscribe, like, and comment some sexy things about us.