Speaker 1: Word with me here you know, b t know how it goes, shout out oct no real color what we see whole game?
Speaker 2: Wait the boler blio something. Oh, you can't stand on their own sole see I already know you can't with me because up with the squad of me. They get at that. They called me.
Speaker 1: Love he love ball Alert Wether to The Baller Show podcasts available everywhere you get your podcasts. Please continue to light subscribe to share are YouTube page. One time for Revolt TV. I go with the name of Ferrari Simmons.
Speaker 3: S team with that made up with the billing.
Speaker 4: You made made what's up?
Speaker 5: Sir?
Speaker 1: I made it Ballerlarg's and foremost we appreciate you pulling up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's so good.
Speaker 1: This is you know, it's a family Bening's over hell. Been a big fan of you for a very long time. I love how you always reinvent yourself. Thank you and stay and stay current. That's a very hard thing to do, absolutely, because we can we can age out fast and five six years that's what they really give us.
Speaker 4: Can can we can we take it back? Though? Can we go?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: First I want to know where did a new.
Speaker 1: Maino that came from. So what happened was, you know, me and Angela always been tight for years. You know, she called me her be her best rapper friend. So what happened was I ran into her. She said, Yo, listen, ray J is doing it like this little get together for me for my new show come by.
Speaker 4: I said, bet, I'm gonna pull up. I get there.
Speaker 1: It's lit, everybody's having fun and we're chilling. So I had just it was around Valentine's Day and I had just dropped the song me and Fat Right and my artist, the Stop Baby, so it was like a girl's song. So I was like, you know, I wanted to play it. I wanted there was a lot of girls there, so Angela and I was like, all right, but let me let me get it, let me put it on my phone. And you know, we was drinking, taking shots, so we was a little saucy and somebody just said new mano. So every time we went to play it, they was going new MANO, new MANO. So that night she was like, Yo, want you come up to the show and guest host for the week.
Speaker 4: I said, bet, I'm gonna come. I'm gonna pull up. So I pulled up and I walked in. They was like, new man. Oh, so it just stuck. It just stuck. It just stuck.
Speaker 3: It's just when when she was talking about guest hosts and it lip service, right.
Speaker 1: No, it was the Way Up Show. The way this is all about the way. This is all over year ago. So this is everything to do with the Way Up Show?
Speaker 3: Is that new?
Speaker 4: Is that new? Wow? Is that new? And you never and then you never left cause you've been never left.
Speaker 1: But right, yeah, So what happened was I came for that week thinking that like, this is my girl.
Speaker 4: It wasn't left like no pressure, right.
Speaker 1: I never done radio before other than being an artist and promoting what I had gone on. So when I get up there, it's like, all right, it's cool. They was like, you're kind of good at him? You would you would you come back? I said, I pull up. It ain't nothing you my dog, it ain't nothing. You know, Jasmine, here we vibing it. We have It's all good. And I started to come back and I started to come back, and then the new MANO and then the fans was saying, like we liked when Mayno is on it because I wasn't coming every day. But the fans were saying, we like when he up there, and they had the segment where it was like, it's supposed to be no judgment, I'm judging.
Speaker 4: So it was like you became a thing.
Speaker 3: Calling it.
Speaker 6: But we're gonna We're gonna here is rewind a little bit before we get all the way to twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: So let's take it all the way back to Brooklyn.
Speaker 4: Man is your name really, Mano? My name is your Maine. Got so?
Speaker 1: Mano's a nickname, got it? You know they call me Maine. You know Maine, Maine Mano. In the neighborhood that I come from, right, I'm from bed Star, So that's where the BIGGI from. That's Biggie from. All the greats come from there. You gotta understand all all of the greats, Biggie jay Z, Big Daddy Kane, Fabulous Lo Kim like you name it. I'm from there. We're all from different sections in best style though. So the neighborhood, I'm fronded. Whatever your name was. If your name was Steve, they call you Steve O. Right. If your name is Wayne, they call you Wayno, you know, my nickname is Maine. Andy call me mano. So I mean, you know, ghetto boy, you know what I mean, child of ghetto. I caught up in the street very early. You know, my story is pretty well well known. I went to prison when I was around sixteen seventeen. When you know, the ten years in prison, I never wrapped the day of my life. Never thought about music. I never I never had any aspirations or dreams to do music. Music was never something that I ever even fathom. But when I was in prison and I was going through what I was going through, getting trouble in there, you know. You know, one night I was just like yo, I was in a box twenty three hours locked in. I'm like yo, I'm right mere rhyme. You know, I liked I felt, you know.
Speaker 4: And at the.
Speaker 1: Time I was like, man, you know, it was like Biggie was out and Wu Tang was out, and you know, this is this is the nineties. So I was like, man, what if I go home and come a rapper? And I started to play with that thought, like man, what if what if I did that? Now you got to understand it this time, nobody had ever done that before before me. It was never nobody to ever done a large amount of jail time and come home and become an artist, and become home and have any bit of of platinum success or anything. I had nobody to look at and say, well, such and such did that, right. That had never happened before. So it was like a long shot to even think that you can even come home after after doing eight, nine, ten years and become an artist.
Speaker 4: So it was, it was, it was. It was a thing. So it was a miracle actually.
Speaker 6: And it was at a boredom like you you just say, let me just start rhyming. Was did you have like a did you test it out in jail, like I mean in prison? Did you test it out with your peers in there? I guess or so? Did they tell you it was hot? Like the thing?
Speaker 4: Is this?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: It was? I was in the box a lot, like I was spending a lot.
Speaker 1: Of time in the solitary, solitary confinement, twenty three hour locked in, you know, spending in years that way. And when I started rapping, it was under those conditions. I started rapping in the box, so you understand. So I'm in my cell, I don't got nothing else to do but maybe read sleep radio. They give you these headphones you plug into the wall and you could hear you know, the rock and roll or the alternative music and stuff like that. So this is they didn't have a lot of hip hop stations back then.
Speaker 4: You only heard like hits.
Speaker 1: So whatever was like the super popular record on the on the hot one hundred or you know, just like a hot, hot hip hop song, then you heard it, right, So you heard Snoop and Dread, you heard Biggie because you know, there was they was up there in the sky.
Speaker 4: So I was I was under those conditions. I didn't. I didn't. I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't know like nothing about the industry. I didn't know nothing about being a rapper. I just knew that it felt good doing it, like I would just it would help me.
Speaker 4: Pass the time away.
Speaker 1: Right, So I'm like, man, if I if I get up this morning after I eat breakfast and I started writing me in rhyme, and it had passed a couple of hours and next thing you know, it'd be dark and the days started to go faster like that. So that's kind of like how I was. I was in that mode of like just doing something new that I had never done before, and it felt good doing it, and so I would I didn't have a lot of confidence in doing it though, so I would like they would have like porters that helped give out the food and stuff like that. And you know, one of the guys is a homie Minds and I was like, Yo, what.
Speaker 4: Do you think this sounded like? And he was like, this sound all right?
Speaker 1: It was like some stressed out Yo, I'm sitting in the cell looking like like some tupac and painful.
Speaker 4: You're like, you know what I mean? So it was like that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so I was gonna say, so when you came home, what was the plan? Did you come home and say I'm getting in the studio. So from the time that I started rapping, I still had more time to do right. And you know, so all I had was a five to fifteen. I could have been home in five but like I said, I was getting into as would you. I had a drug related kidnapping, right, so I had I had a charge that you know, I could have got twenty five of life for right.
Speaker 4: But I was young.
Speaker 1: I copped out to a five to fifteen, and I was if I had been like a smooth young cat, I could have probably been home in five years, right, But I was in the shit, you know, getting caught up, right, So I did ten.
Speaker 4: You did the full ten. Ten. That's that's that's what they called you.
Speaker 1: That's what they called like your se all, like your conditional release, like they have to let you go unless you just lose all your good time. So I had some good time left, which was for five years, and they let me go in ten. So what was important about that is that like I was telling you, like I ain't really had no confidence. I was looking at myself like I ain't no rapper.
Speaker 6: I ain't no rapper, and like being in that solitary confinement you didn't have anybody to bounce your ideas off.
Speaker 4: Not really, it ain't.
Speaker 1: So I got out of the box and then I started to kind of like pull certain dudes that I was comfortable with, and I would let them know, say I had a complex because I looked at I was.
Speaker 4: Like, man, gangs, I ain't no rapper.
Speaker 1: And at this point, at this at this point in the culture, it wasn't that it wasn't that fashionable to be an artist, to be a rapper, meaning because the way we was looking at it, like rap ass nigga, like like you understand, like you're sitting on the yard rapping, being somebody entertainment like I had. It was like kind of like a negative connotation. So I was struggling with that. I was struggling with the idea of me being a rapping how people looked at me, because what I thought of myself at that time was like, I'm on, my g I'm on, I'm stepping, I'm stepping in a certain kind of way, and I don't want nobody to be playing with me or look at me and make it mixed me up, right, So I was like struggling with that. So what happened was I never told nobody from the outside world that I was rapping, like of the people that looked out for me, my friends, my brothers, the people that really was there for me, the women that was coming up, I never I held that secret for years because the reason why I held those that secret for years is because it was, like I said, it was so far fetched to believe that at this point somebody could come home after doing seven, eight, nine, ten years and become an artist.
Speaker 4: That had never happened.
Speaker 1: You had artists that did small bids, you know, two three years and all that.
Speaker 4: And and and popped off.
Speaker 1: But were talking about a gang of time that had that was never nowadays you see that. So I never told none of my people because if I would have called home and somebody would have said to me, your man, what you're gonna do when you come home?
Speaker 4: When I say, y, I'm a rap, and they would have said to me, they would have been like, man, the fuck out, you ain't a rapper.
Speaker 1: I would have said you right, I'm not a rapper? What am I doing it? And I would have been out of that dream. I would have been out of that bag right then and there I would.
Speaker 3: Have been from that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're kind of glad that you did that, because, yeah, I heard I saw a t I quote that he was like, sometimes you can't share, you can you can't, you can't Sometimes you got to keep it to them. Puts their fears on you, right and right. And because this was just so unheard of, it's not like now when you know this rapping and came out you heard the twelve years, it's almost like it enhances. Yeah, now right, you hear about that. Now this is totally unheard of. This is this is what I'm saying, I can't even believe sometimes that that even happened to me, because I was it was so many guys that was that was like rapping, and I was just you know, I'm a fan of the coach. I could quote anything, right, and I was come, stop buying y'all and listen to dudes. And I was like, yeah, he could be someone to go out that Never that never worked for nobody else. Why would it work for me when I wasn't even the one that was doing it like that. So the thing was, so I never told nobody, and so I got to a place where I was super confident in it. And so I got to a place where I started saying like, yo, you know what, I'm gonna go home and do it. And I had made a tape, right because back then, you know, my brothers, my people, they used to be around Biggie, they used to be around Camp. So I was like, man, I'm gonna go home and be around Biggie. I'm gonna go home and get and get with them, and I'm gonna blow up, right, So we all I had those dreams. So I made a tape, snuck it out to jail, got it to my people and sent them a long letter and it was received well, like it was like okay, all right. It wasn't that they didn't give me the the feedback, the negative feedback that I thought I was gonna get. So at that point, you know, my people was just like, yo, look, whatever you want to do, We're gonna support it. Whatever you want to do, you know what I mean. My God was like that was a great feeling. So he was like, Yo, you know, you want me to get you some books? You got time?
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: He sent me Donald Passman, you know, Kashif book all you need to know about the music business. So I started to read and then I was like, yo, we need to start our own company.
Speaker 4: And I started.
Speaker 1: I came up to the name of Hustle Hall Entertainment while I still was in prison. So Hustle Halls you see main o Hustle hard that I birthed that in prison.
Speaker 3: Where did that come from?
Speaker 5: That name?
Speaker 1: It just felt like that's who we should be, Like like we hustlers, Like we're gonna figure figure it out.
Speaker 4: We're gonna this is what we do all day every day.
Speaker 1: Were trying to figure out ideas of how to come up and how to make it, how to get money right.
Speaker 4: We hustling, we hustling hard. We're gonna go get it.
Speaker 1: The early ovation, yeah, early main ovation definitely. Okay, So you get out, what happens then I get out? I get that right, So what I get So, so the thing was I got out originally two thousand and one, but I caught a violation, and for I was home only for five months and I caught a violation and wound.
Speaker 4: Up doing a year. He had to go back to go back.
Speaker 1: But when I came out, my people was like we had already understood, you know, my brother Daiko, my brother Mouse, we had already understood what we what what I was gonna come home and do, and they was they was ready to receive that and helped me to do whatever I needed to do. So, you know, I made it. I made my first tape, you know, it made my first CD. It was Household Entertainment Presentment, know you know, and it was like my first step into me. I had never been in the studio before. This is my everything was brand new. Everything, every feeling, every every experience was brand new. I went I went to prison at an early age. So some of the things that I was behind socially, you know, dating and going out and doing certain things like I'm twenty seven, twenty eight, but I'm behind. But at the same time, I got this dream of being an artist, so you know, I'm stepping I gets locked back up.
Speaker 4: My do my do?
Speaker 6: My?
Speaker 4: Uh my, my violation and I was depressed. Is this discouraging at this point?
Speaker 1: What they locked me up for going to see my co defendant, for going to visit him on the prison, like like going to visit him for being quote unquote a real guy, right, a real nigga. I'm going to see my guy. They locked me up, give me a year of violation. And I said, man, this music thing never gonna work for me. My girl pregnant at the time. Oh man, I'm gonna miss the birth of my seed. I ain't even know what I was having at the time. I gotta do another year. This ain't never gonna work for me. I'm never gonna make it.
Speaker 3: How'd you pull yourself out of that.
Speaker 4: Time?
Speaker 1: Because when I was feeling like that, you know, when you going through something right, it feel like it's gonna last forever. I'm sitting there just trying to fathom the idea that I gotta do a whole nother year. And I'm saying everything that I thought I wanted to be, all of the thoughts. I want to get out the street, man, I want to do something different. I've been here all my life. I don't know nothing else. Streets, in jail, jail, back to the street, back to jail. And I was depressed for a long time. I wasn't up there trying to write no rhymes.
Speaker 4: I was just depressed.
Speaker 1: And one day I started to feel like, this is gonna I'm gonna go home. So time I start to heal certain things for you. So I was just like, man, six months then went by. I got six months left. I maybe still could pull this off. Am I gonna sit here and wallow in my shame? Am I gonna sit here and still just be caught up in my feelings? Oh, I'm gonna stand up, pull my pass up, and figure it out.
Speaker 4: So my son was born while I still was there.
Speaker 1: That made me happy, but then it also made me feel like, then what I'm gonna go do. You're gonna go full streets, You're gonna go full steam ahead in the street, or you're gonna still try to salvage this dream.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: I came home three months after my son was born, but by that time I had already dug into my reserves and started to feel better about myself and started to say, look, you know what I'm coming, I'm gonna do it. And I got back to it as soon as I got home. I got back to it. I met K Slay, I met DJs rip R, I pter k Slay, you know DJ Clue. You know mvds were dudes very early on who was like very integral because it was the mixtape error, you know, and I got right into that, into that that circuit right there.
Speaker 4: So it started to happen.
Speaker 6: And then you got to deal with motown And what was that like when you got your first deal?
Speaker 3: I know it didn't work out, but what was that first deal like?
Speaker 4: That was tremendous for me?
Speaker 1: So I so Kim was somebody that I had known from, you know, from the neighborhood from early on. Yeah, yeah, absolutely, So I had got around her and that just opened up my mind.
Speaker 4: To the power possibilities that this really could happen.
Speaker 1: So I'm you know, this is a superstar, right, So I'm coming around, and you know, I'm meeting people, and I'm meeting Swiss and I'm meeting this one right, and I'm moving around, you know, and I'm in the studio, I'm hands on, right. And at the same time, I'm doing my own thing too. I'm on a mixtapes, I'm on Clue, I'm on k Slay, I'm freestyling on the radio down there. So it's like I'm doing my thing. And then I made a song. I made one song that changed my life. I made a song called Rumors, right, So the song Rumors changed my life. See people that they talk about how I hated and all that, but this, nah, this is the song that changed my life. This is the song that got me my first major record deal after coming home from prison.
Speaker 4: Eighteen months.
Speaker 1: So from the time that I was in prison sitting up their stress to the time I got my first major record deal was less than two years. What you wanna tell me, man, you could do anything? What I wasn't no rapper?
Speaker 4: What? So that was? That was? That was that was crazy?
Speaker 1: That was that just the feeling of somebody saying to me, you know, we want to we want to sign you to a record company.
Speaker 4: And it was Tone from track Masters.
Speaker 1: At the time he was running he was running Motown right and Universal he was it was silver or Rome.
Speaker 4: He was underneath Silvi or Rome.
Speaker 1: So signing that deal was just like everything for me, Like I was just so stuck in the moment that that I didn't even realize they that I needed to be doing more and that they needed to be doing more. And in two years that went by and I got dropped, Like you know what I'm saying, But I was just so stuck and the fact that I was just.
Speaker 4: Like, oh, I got a deal less than two years.
Speaker 6: You know, like you said, you were just so and then you had got dropped. You know, how did you take that lesson into your next situation with Atlantic?
Speaker 4: So I was down here, I was in Atlanta. I was in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: It was it was one of it was the BT Awards, this was this is this had to be maybe two thousand and seven, two thousand six, two thousand and seven, right, and man, I was down here, we was, we was, you know, running around at the awards. And I got a call from the lawyer. He said, uh, hey, the record company don't feel like they don't want to do besiness with you no more.
Speaker 4: At the award? Why are you at the War Show?
Speaker 1: I wasn't at the War Show, but I was in Atlanta, okay, And I was like, all right, all right. You know two years that went by, they wasn't really doing what I thought that they were supposed to do, because I had the notion that as soon as you signed a recording deal, like they gonna blow you up right, like this is what I'm thinking, Like, Okay, like I'm gonna be on TV. I'm gonna have songs with Marith Carrey, like I'm gonna be up right, like I'm gonna have this feeling of success. I'm gonna be living in a big house. My mom's gonna be good. Like that's what I'm thinking. Like soon as you get the record deal, everything happens. And it wasn't true. You get the record deal, you're supposed to work even harder. So when he called me and told me that they didn't want to do Betters with me no more, for some reason, I wasn't stressing it. For some reason, I just I don't know why. I didn't have no move in my head. I didn't know what I was gonna do. But I was like, all right, cool, And then I called Tone. I was like, yo, you know, y'all y'all dropping me right, And he said, what man, I'm gonna fix it. Man, don't worry about it.
Speaker 4: You good. I said, nah, man, I'm cool. Let it be.
Speaker 1: I don't know why. I don't know why. I can't tell you what the feeling was, but I was. I was confident enough to know that I'm gonna be all right. But I'm back in the hood, you understand, I'm back going to the to the to the to the hood studios because you know, I had a budget.
Speaker 4: I was at a sony I was you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I was getting you know, I was having a you know, interns and ship like that. So you know, I was at food budget. So things different. Now we're back, you know, in the basement, and you know, I just think I was right. Do you think you needed that far right there? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you gotta get you gotta you gotta come back down, right. You gotta sometimes get be humbled, you understand, Sometimes you gotta be knocked down, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: But it's it's a test to your to your strength, you know.
Speaker 1: And I felt like in that moment, I was I didn't know what I was gonna do, but I knew I was gonna.
Speaker 4: Be all right? Is that when I came in Search?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, So what happened was this. I had been talking to Atlantic. I mean, I guess we was talking. Jean Nelson just started as and on over there. You know, we was really close at this point. It had been some talks about me actually coming to Atlantic at the time. They knew my relationship with Kim at the time, so it was like it was, you know, we was talking and then I didn't have no deal and none of that, and then I made this song Hater right when I didn't have nothing, So I don't have no deal. I mixed the song and I know, and when I hear the song, I'm like, yo, this is this is this could be this could be it? Right, that's universal. It was universal, right. I felt like it was something universal. I felt like it was I had stole at hook from I stole a hook I did from from Cameron. Actually, Cameron had a song. Cameron had a song on his album Come Home with Me, and the line went he was talking about somebody and he said he come to his funeral and he looked in the.
Speaker 4: Casket and go, ah, Hayter.
Speaker 1: So I was like, oh, you know what I mean. I heard that when I was in prison. That album came out, I still you know, we had Old Boy and all that on it. I had heard that when I was in jail, So I was like, just him saying, Hi, I hater to somebody that was hating on him.
Speaker 4: But now the person's daddy in the casket.
Speaker 1: I just I totally got that, and I kind of took that idea and made that hook. You know. So when I heard it, I knew it was something. I knew that everybody in the world felt like they had hated, whether they was young, old, black, white, you know, it didn't matter, right, that's gonna you know, it's gonna go because it was very relatable.
Speaker 4: But I still didn't have a deal.
Speaker 1: So at the time, my brother eighty, he's, uh, he's in the office talking to fifty and fifty asking him what we're doing, Like what y'all doing. He's like, yo, man, we've been talking to Atlantic And he says to him, you know, wordy, I'm talking about what they're doing. They're like, man, you know, you know how it is. You're talking on the labels and sometimes it goes months. Say yo, no, can be talking for months. You could be talking for months facts, you know, but you want to hear the words. These are the words you want to hear when they want to do business with you. Who's your lawyer? That's who you That's what you want to hear.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: The back and forth talking is cool. He says to them, Yo, what your what they what they trying to do? He's like, man, we've been talking. He said, Yo, you need me to You need me to call over there?
Speaker 4: He said why not.
Speaker 1: And picked up the phone, called over there, called Craig Common, Yo, look what you're doing maino. He said, oh, yeah, we been talking. He said, look, man, if I could do it, I would do it.
Speaker 4: Shout out to fifty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, this is this is this is the thing. Right, Like that call put me in position. Right.
Speaker 4: I never forget that call.
Speaker 1: I wasn't there for the call, but I got the call right. The thing was, you know, this is fifty. This is at the time when like he's hot fifty right, there's nothing, there's nothing bigger than him. He called that man and said listen, he call that white man and say, look.
Speaker 3: Still call the white man out today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, call that white man and say, look what y'all doing with mano? Yeah, y'all gonna do this deal? Or what was happening? I would do it if I cook they got their movement, they you know what I mean, I would do it. And that's all that needed to be said. You know what happened. They called me right away. I had a meet in the same day like this, Like it was like a late meeting too, like if you understand, it was like after the office hours, like they called me up there and I go up there, but I got that song. I got other songs, but I had that song. When they heard that song, they said, oh this is a smash. Now this is probably like a year a year and a half before it even came out. But that's how I was able to position myself from getting dropped to finding myself to finding you know, some footing and having you know, some you know, some help, you know, because that that call was was very, very, very a lot of calculated phone calls, calculated steps, a lot confidence in yourself, believing in yourself to position yourself and have leverage.
Speaker 6: But real quick just for the audience, because I think a lot of times people confuse how record works, like a hit record, like you said you had high Hater in the clip like way before it came out. And you know, even today, you'll hear a record like a long like early on and then it comes out like a year or two later. Can you explain that process, because I think a lot of people get confused with that.
Speaker 4: It's about positioning.
Speaker 1: I knew when I had that record, I was like, I was hearing different things, right. I remember a DJ at New York was like, man, it's cool, it's like a mixed your record. I remember Kim telling me. I remember Kim telling me, Yo, you need to you need to throw that out there. But I knew if I threw it out there, I know I had, I had, I had, you see, I'm I'm a person I like to learn, right. I remember a buster told me, he said, a record with no no plan and no resources, it's not a record at all. Right, you can sonically it's gonna.
Speaker 4: Sound like.
Speaker 3: Come in or go and stay out.
Speaker 1: Come on, He's telling the Sonically it's gonna sound like you like you're gonna be in your car, like, oh, this is the greatest record up ever, how you doing, how you're doing, how you feeling, you know, And the thing is without without the plan, without the resources, without all these things, it's just it's just a dope.
Speaker 4: Record for you, for you, for you and your people to enjoy. So I knew that.
Speaker 1: So I kept it because I knew I didn't want to just throw it out there and just it just be lost, you know, So I know I needed some muscle.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back with more of the ball Alert Show. You're listening to a special edition of The Baller Alert.
Speaker 4: Show, and it was popping.
Speaker 1: It's your boy, mano, and right now you tune into the ball Alert Show real quickly.
Speaker 6: You mentioned Kim a lot, and you know, the most pivotal times as far as getting your career started. What was the role that she played in your life at that time, because it seems very important.
Speaker 1: I feel like I was. I was kind of like in her camp, right, you know, we had our own thing. We was hustle hard, you know, we had I had, you know, the streets, so to speak, right, I had. I was was very important in my neighborhood and very influential where I come from. Me and my God, So we had that, you know, but Kim is this is this is a superstar, right and you know us us coming around her, you know, it was it was it helped. It helped me to, for one, to open up my mind, right, first time I ever been on a lead yet be flying out in Miami.
Speaker 4: And that's how I was able.
Speaker 1: To make rumors because there was rumors that I was hearing while I was in Miami. And I came back like I just came back from Miami, right. So the thing it was like she didn't have to she didn't have to do nothing for me.
Speaker 6: That was enough, right, Just she ain't get a part of the experience and learn to get.
Speaker 1: This is what I'm saying, Like a lot of times artists want you to do things for them all the time. I didn't need that. So quick, quick, quick scenario. We was down there working on her album Naked Truth. Two days go by. I'm noticing that she not in the studio early on, and only the engineers in there. So the engineers sitting there board, she and the crib, all of the other guys that's helping the writing and all that, they all in the crib with her. So I'm like, yo, I go to gen Nelson. I'm like, yo, Look, nobody in the studio working. Can I go in at like ten eleven o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 4: He like sure.
Speaker 1: So this is what I'm saying. This is me taking the initiative. This is me saying, look, I want it. I want it bad bad enough. I'm good with you being around, but I'm willing to work for myself.
Speaker 4: And that was always my attitude. Question. How is Mayo at this time when you got this song, the high Hater song and.
Speaker 1: The clip you get the deal and it's not coming out yet, How does may not stay out of trouble?
Speaker 4: Because remember, right right, right right, big dog, you know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying, You did time, and I know people may look to you to be that guy from the past and they're not looking at the rapper part that you're trying to indeed achieve. That was always something at the highest level. How do you how did you stay out of the way or stay out of trouble or stay low with moving around correctly? Just got to do it because I know that's difficult. It is difficult. It was always always, you know, the the idea of trying to tee the tot up on the streets, you know, and certain issues that you still may have in the street, you know. And it was it was things that I still was dealing with in the street, you know that I kind of wanted to tend to. Right, It's kind of things that I wanted to finish. But what I'm gonna do. I got an opportunity of a lifetime, right Like, this is what we this is what we we dreamed about. This is everything that I was talking about while I was in prison. I'm saying when I got out, I'm telling my guys, we could do this. We really who we say we are? Everybody else faking we really that, so we could really go do this. And the thing is, I would like to say, it's having a strong, strong support system of people around you. And know, yes, man, the guys who I call my brothers loved me so much that, man, I don't want to see, Nah, we're doing this. Fuck that them issues and whatever you wanted tend to you know what I mean, Because I'm I'm I'm I'm not I'm like I'm like a guy that kind of like.
Speaker 4: Don't take the high road.
Speaker 1: A lot of times, like with things like if it's like something that was lingering. I'd be like the first to like address it, like I don't like, you know, be like I ain't gonna say nothing, like nah, I want to talk like that.
Speaker 4: We're gonna get right to it.
Speaker 1: So, you know, there's things that happening in the hood, and you know, stuff that was going on, and you know, on at the same time that I was trying to get in the industry. You know, I had to just kind of like fall back from that because I had an opportunity that you know, it would being counter productive, you know, to kind of like like, we did all this work and you're just gonna go fall victim of that, you dumb.
Speaker 6: A lot of people nowadays are especially a lot of street guys, are kind of denouncing that culture today.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about that.
Speaker 6: And what is your take on that you're saying, Like, like for as far as like fifty saying I'm not ganggang, I do not gang bang.
Speaker 3: You know you got fat Joe, we do not that stuff.
Speaker 1: You couldn't build the jail high enough for the lyrics I've said on.
Speaker 4: Songs which are all untrue.
Speaker 1: That's right, because guess what what was music? Music was an opportunity for us to get away from that. Let's keep it real. This is the true narrative. If we're gonna tell the story, let's tell it the real way, right like and like what I look like having an opportunity and then flucking it off just because I wonder what Keep it real? Keep it you gonna keep it so real, you don't keep it dumb, and you beat it. You beat the nigga that niggas talk about in past tense. Man Mana was a real nigga, man, but he crashed out. Damn Mano was a real nigga, but Damn man man we just came back from his weight, Like, like, come on, like this music. I hate to see artists getting to the game, become artists and then either go to prison for the rest of their.
Speaker 4: Life or die. I hate that. I hate that.
Speaker 1: It's like, Yo, we went through all these hurdles, all these issues with other other black men, all these all these these these these these these tribulations. Right to get out of the street, to get into a corporate environment. That's this music business where we can really like sail away, right, That's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 4: Just to die like like you never left.
Speaker 5: But do you think that comes from artists not being able to tell the difference between like this is a business and this is the streets, and we're gonna put this together.
Speaker 1: I don't think artists actually get that. I think a lot of times we're keeping it too real. Like a lot of artists they don't know the difference. And I think that they think this is the way to go about it, right, you know, And they already come in with affiliations and issues, and they come in with the beef already. But at the same time, what I like to tell them when I run into the young niggas from my city, I tell them, I say, look, in my eyes, opportunity is greater than the problem. I ain't trying to preach to you, my nigga, but like, look at the opportunity you got right now, right now, Like I was sixteen fifteen, Like there was no opportunity.
Speaker 4: Nigga had a crack, had a gun and crack for me.
Speaker 1: I wanted to ask you because I love a good New York og Hustler documentary, and you saw all of them in real time. I saw you posted one or two here and there is that where a lot of people from New York got the style because I seen, like, man, I just looked at those old pictures man, and.
Speaker 4: They had that gear on.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: We fly, Man, Man fly like you still fly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just saying, like, did the big you know, the big dogs back in the day that deal with they dance? Did that influence a lot of the fashion that we see absolutely carrying on now? Absolutely when you look at like somebody like that. But then I know, y'all know who that is, right, You see you went and did that deal with Gucci and all that, which was tremendous because back in the days he was you know, he was taking the Gucci print and putting it on like the laws and putting it on different things, and it was dope. And all of the street hustlers and all of the older guys that was getting money was wearing that, right, So it was like it influenced the like we I mean, look, we influenced culture.
Speaker 4: We influenced the world.
Speaker 1: Our culture, right what we do how we take nikes and and wearing with the laces opened a little bit, and you know, we go back to one DMC, how they was wearing with no laces and all that, like we influenced the world really what we do from the hood, you know. So yeah, definitely. How do you feel about New York state of music right now?
Speaker 4: I love it though. I love the fact.
Speaker 1: That that the young boys was able to come with a sound.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: For a long time, they were saying New York didn't have no identity, right, that we kind of lost our way, you know, we was heavily influenced by it South, heavily influenced by other places. And then and then you know, the younger guys came with this, with this sound, with this drill, you know which I was. I was, I was, I was applauding that because we didn't kind of it gave us.
Speaker 4: An identity that we didn't have in a long time.
Speaker 1: Now, I just want to see them start to individualize themselves a lot more instead of everybody trying to sound exactly the same on every record.
Speaker 4: He understands, So that's the only thing with that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean, look, I love my city and I love the fact that we're still here. When you think of, you know, New York artists, we still got some of the biggest in the game. You know, people forget you know, Nikki from New York. You know, French is from New York, you understand. So you know, we still got some of the biggest in the game right now.
Speaker 3: Speaking of New York, they also had their love and hip hop New York.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did a little something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how'd you get on that?
Speaker 1: They had wanted me for a long time. You know, I had a lot of activity. I had a lot of activity. I'll get what you're saying, you understand. And early on, early on the first season, the first season, the first season, I was cool with Olivia. It was cool right and singer sing right, and you know, it was half an hour back then. I remember the first I remember the morning she went to go do it right, like she had told me about it, and I was like, oh, I can't cool. And then she did it and came on. And then that second season, I was approached to come on to do a scene and I was like, I don't know. I shot one scene that they never really used. This is back then. I shot a scene with her that they it was it was like in a bowling alley. I think they only used it like online.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then I was like, now I'm cool, you know what I mean? And so for so time, would you know, time will go by. They would always come ask me, you know, you know, come on. I was like, nah, ain't going on, no love and hip hop.
Speaker 4: I'm going on.
Speaker 1: And then at the time that I went on, I really had I was really in the relationship and in the relationship she had things going on that I felt like she could use. So I was like, yo, if you go on love and hip hop, it can help you, right. So they came to me and I was like, ye, I'm gonna put her on there, but I'm not. I'm not coming on. And they was like, well, Mona said, they ain't gonna do her without you. So I said, I want this number right here, and the number for Love and hip Hop was pretty outrageous, and she was like, I don't know.
Speaker 4: If we could do that, but maybe, you know.
Speaker 1: And it came back and it was like, nah, were close to it, and I was like, nah, I still ain't doing it. And then she came back and she said we could do the number. I said, oh, I said, So then I'm like at this point, I mean like, let's get it.
Speaker 4: I gotta do do something, you know.
Speaker 1: So the thing is, though they only pay you for the episodes that you that actually come out, you know. So the bag that I thought I was gonna slick though, I was like, I'm gonna shoot all this and I'm gonna make it right. But you only get paid for whatever come out.
Speaker 4: But whatever come out.
Speaker 1: So I only was on I only was on maybe like seven or eight episode's people.
Speaker 4: Nah, it was.
Speaker 1: It was good because at the number that I was at, it was good, you know, based off of what they paying everybody else, right, you know, you had people on there for like like fifteen twenty five hundred.
Speaker 4: It was like that bad. So the number that I was at, yeah, I was like, yeah, it was better.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: That was still at a time when love and hip hop was like everybody was watching it faithfully.
Speaker 3: So I'm sure that it introduced a new audience to you.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. The thing about it, I never watched it, I never promoted it.
Speaker 4: I never nothing.
Speaker 1: Because the thing was, I think the mistake that a lot of people was making when it came to those reality shows, the ones that had dreams of being artists, was that that they was gonna get on this this show and it.
Speaker 4: Was gonna pop off their music career. Not true. The show was the show.
Speaker 1: People watching the show, they want to be entertained in the show kind of way. They may know you as an artist, but that doesn't make them a fan of your music and drama. Right, this is something totally different. I want to Yeah, they want see fights and stuff like that. They want to see TV.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: I didn't go in there and thinking it was gonna help my music career. I had already understood.
Speaker 4: And I was.
Speaker 1: I was at Mona house one day and we had a conversation she and I was like, yeah, we watched the show.
Speaker 4: She said, no, my kids don't watch the show. Kids don't watch the show. I don't watch the show, so you don't watch the show. That's crazy. My husband don't watch the show, so your husband don't watch the show. So who watched the show. We don't watch the show.
Speaker 1: It's just business. It's just business. I said, Oh, and I learned this.
Speaker 4: It's just business. So I went and did my episodes and kept it moving. Business didn't talk about it. I didn't watch it. I didn't I didn't put on my page, I didn't put link it.
Speaker 3: Was and you may not have promoted. But when I say new audience.
Speaker 6: You know, there may have been other your followers may be being up a certain way.
Speaker 1: You know, you did have people that didn't that kind of wasn't connected with me, that knew me, you know, like oh I saw you on you know, which is cool.
Speaker 4: But again, did that make them fans of the music?
Speaker 6: It didn't, right, right, They just made you fans of the person. The person, yeah, and your girl at the time. But you know, then the pandemic hit and then you had this bright idea to do a podcast us about it was in the kitchen, kitchen talking you had a chef, you know.
Speaker 4: I was like that, look good man, Yeah, that was crazy.
Speaker 3: Everybody congregates in the kitchen when they come over.
Speaker 1: That's what We had a lot of conversations that when we do that, we go in the house, in the kitchen where the came from.
Speaker 4: Just from from that.
Speaker 1: So we was on the pandemic and you remember, like everybody was getting pepe PPP's and I was like, I got to figure out how to you know, I mean, turn this into some money and all that, right, So I.
Speaker 3: Was like, that's a hard entertainment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm hustling hard, right.
Speaker 1: So the first thing I did was I went and bought all this studio equipment because I was like, everybody getting money now, everybody people calling for verses. So I was like, I need to figure out how to engineer because the studios is shut down, right, we ain't going in the studio no more.
Speaker 4: And then we.
Speaker 1: Getting calls about doing a versus for were selling versus. So I'm like, all right, cool, I got the equipment, my engineers showed me how to engineer.
Speaker 4: And that was my first business venture.
Speaker 1: I was in there doing two or three features a week, myself, punching in yo right here right, I'm doing that myself. And then I was like, yo, look we should do a podcast.
Speaker 4: Man. We could do it right in the kitchen and we could call it kitchen talk, right.
Speaker 1: And the reason I felt like that was like kitchen talk, like because even in the street first place, you gotta go to the kitchen.
Speaker 4: We're gonna we're gonna get it together and then we're gonna go outside. Right.
Speaker 1: And I went and I bought more equipment. You know, had bought Mike's and you know, and and a and a and a you know, a little board and all the board. Like, I went and bought all this stuff. I started to invest into this stuff, right, and then we started shooting. I ain't know what I was doing, but I was learning as I go, you know.
Speaker 3: And and then it became you know, you had real good you had on there.
Speaker 1: I had a lot of people on there, man, oh man, I had the mayor on there. I've had But what happened, What happened with that is that I it had got so good. I had got up to maybe like sixty something episodes, and then I got approached to do put put the show on Fox Soul. So when I when I put it on Fox Soul, it was good for me because it.
Speaker 4: Was like a nice check.
Speaker 1: But then it's like, Okay, they paying me to do twelve episodes at a time, and it's seasonal, so not consistent, like right, so it's like write, like now, whenever they want to do another season, I'll go get it.
Speaker 4: Nigga, give me my six figures, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: When did my guy Jim Jones come into play? Did you guys start working out together or like or you all you guys were always friends. Me and Jim early on didn't even like each other, right, but why we ain't even know, we ain't know.
Speaker 4: First of all, is it a harm. It wasn't really Harlem Brooklyn thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, he he was cool with a lot of dudes from from Brooklyn, and I was cool with people from Harlem, So it wasn't that. It was just that, I don't know, we didn't know each other. And sometimes you can read a book the wrong the wrong way, right, and he, you know, I would see him with a hundred dudes, see this nigga coming in here, like like the way he looked at so you know, we didn't like we we kind of like each other. And then and then we got cool, right once we talked. Once we talked, we clicked and we started doing music together, right started you know, pulling up you know, and then we just you know, curated a relationship, you know, over.
Speaker 4: Time and years ago.
Speaker 1: He had a line where he was like, man, shout out to the Bugatti boys, but me and may know we the lobby boys, right, And this was years ago, and we always talked about doing the album together, you know, but we had never you know how it's hard to get too artists on the same page at the same time.
Speaker 3: Right, you know.
Speaker 4: Together, know what I'm saying, so, you know, it was hard to do that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, over time we just started connecting and then it happened, you know, and it started to happen, and then we did the first Lobby Boys. Now we're on the second one.
Speaker 4: So yeah, we tour dates. Yeah, actually, yep, it happened.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, we're excited to see that.
Speaker 6: Another thing that you did around like twenty one was a Chelsea's House, that's the family.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just told me how to come over there South Yeah, Chelsea house, you know, delicious, Yeah, you know, and a lot of I was telling you a lot of people here Chelsea's House because in Chelsea Chelsea is an area in Manhattan.
Speaker 4: So it's special about Chelsea Chelsea Manhattan.
Speaker 1: It's just a cool area. Like it's cool. It's it's a little vibe. Especially in the summertime. See everybody everybody from here, like they come they come to New York.
Speaker 4: It's like all the rats, all of the rats, so so cool. You got you got a lot of rats. But in the summertime, New York is lit, like you know, everybody in the summertimes, New York is lit.
Speaker 5: And I haven't seen a big rat in New York when I when I went, you had I haven't I haven't seen no big rat.
Speaker 4: Where was you at? Sure you was in New York City? Yeah, I was in Manhattan. You didn't see no rats. I didn't see no rat. That's what's up. I wasn't looking for him either. Now they look, they usually look.
Speaker 3: For you and you have two locations.
Speaker 1: Now, well yeah we had well we we had an issue with the with the landlord because the second location was like a it was turned into like a club.
Speaker 4: Where was the second location that it was?
Speaker 1: It was in Manhattan, Bucers on the upper It was on the Upper west side right, So they were like all these people coming in.
Speaker 4: Here ya your triple park like police coming here. So it was like double park, triple parking like literally was crazy. We was going crazy.
Speaker 1: So it was that was happening. So we find in another location for the second one. You know, I was only a lot of a lot of a lot of homies came there from there. I had Monica pull up down there, you know, said the dog, you know, free thug gunning and been there future been there. You know, a lot of a lot of a lot of homies from from Atlanta, been there.
Speaker 3: We got to make our with.
Speaker 1: You go you have a song? Yeah, yeah, the whole video a minute was holding. We just talked about that when the music time listen though, right, Ye said for sure? Right, So so before the around the time of the pandemic or maybe like right before that, me and Thug I did the song and then we shot the video in La that's f.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because Doug has blond hair and I'm over here like this has been from a couple of years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in a minute that sound though, no sound on the yeah on the novel.
Speaker 3: Is Maino Day?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: You sixteenth?
Speaker 6: Congratulations you play.
Speaker 4: You know they needed to play.
Speaker 1: They need to take like journalists because you go some places sometimes and they don't know, they don't do no type of research. I'll be doing interviews sometimes and I go get up there and I do a little research just like that.
Speaker 3: You know, I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 6: But you had a lot of you have a lot in life that you have accomplished, and this is one that is super big for Maino Day, which is August sixteenth. I'm not too far away from your birthday, but will you do anything special because I know, like for angela Ye Day, she does a lot, But for.
Speaker 3: Your day, what do you have going on?
Speaker 1: So first of all, that's my mother's birthday, right, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 4: My mom's birthday. Right. My mom's here, right.
Speaker 1: And so that's special in itself. So I get to, you know, celebrate her birthday, you know, do something special for her, you know she's not here no more. And at the same time, do something special in the hood.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: I want to already put my permits in the block off two streets, right, We're gonna do this big block party. I want to have some stuff going on for the community, have some vendors down there, you know, you know, and and have some information.
Speaker 4: Man, I feel like the hood lack information. You need information.
Speaker 1: We needed to start having information about real estate and you know in the smaller things like the hood need healthcare and like that. And I've seen something the other day that was real profound to me. Man, it was I should have rep but I didn't. I've seen a dude say, man, everybody talking about Man, I'm trying to leave my kids something. I'm trying to leave my kids something. Man, I'm hustling so I can leave my kids something. He said, Nigga, all you gotta do is get fucking life insurance.
Speaker 4: Leave the kids something.
Speaker 1: And then when you think about that though, right, that's it's something to that, right, like it's we all want to leave our kids something. We all want to have this grand you know fortune, you understand, but you know, but we still should position ourselves whether we have that fortune or not, we should still do certain things.
Speaker 4: And that's what I'm saying. It's the information, right, It's just that simple. Right. We grew up in the hood. Nobody be telling us nothing.
Speaker 1: We gotta figure everything be as low as twenty dollars a month, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But that's information that we lack. Information that we lack.
Speaker 3: Speaking the kids, is that some of the things that you share with your.
Speaker 1: Son absolutely some twenty one. Now, I'm fucking believing.
Speaker 4: Man, he can party with you, he do with you. I'll be having him everywhere. He didn't been all over with me, y'all take them all the country. He been. Oh man, Sometimes I look at him.
Speaker 1: He was in l a one time and I'm like, I look over and we're not even in the strip club and the girl was just busting it open on him, and I'm just like, oh, my god, I'm a bad father, Like.
Speaker 4: Like this is crazy, man. Yeah, yes, because it's baby boy at the end of the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But the thing, so my philosophy was I'm gonna take him out with me so that he can learn how to do these things because he coming to an age with you know, you're getting around seven to eighteen. You want to explore, you want to start hanging out with you at homie, start meeting girls, going to parties and all that.
Speaker 4: I felt like it was a way to do that.
Speaker 1: It's a way to be safe to do that, right, It's an etiquette at partying, right, It's a way to make sure you get home safe and everybody is safe.
Speaker 4: So come out with me. Let me show you how to do popes right.
Speaker 1: And sometimes I'm like it might being a father him from being a homeboy, Like I'm just.
Speaker 4: Like his homie, Like I don't understand, Like what's going on.
Speaker 3: That's kind of parent right, it's crazy grow with your.
Speaker 1: Kids, right, And the girls be coming around and be like, ain't your son. I'm like what, so I say, either I'm too young or I look too young, you look too old?
Speaker 4: What's happening? What we're doing? Like you know what I mean, I look this good, nigga, what's up?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's it's cool because he get the we we just got a dope relationship. And I say to him, man, I wish I had the opportunity to have a relationship with my father like this.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I wish I could have been like a grown man and and like talk to.
Speaker 6: My pops like you know, that would motivate you to stay present in his life, you know, throughout his whole life.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, man like absolutely, like you know, you know, kids focus you up. You know what I remember I was telling my son was born, I still was in prison, and I'm like, man, I got three more months, right, So I'm like, man, I got to get it together. You know, we could go full steam ahead in the streets. But I was like, look, man, music, let me at least get at a trial. Let me at least get at a real try. If it don't work, then whatever, but let me at least give it a real try. And you know, having a son, it just makes you kind of like get it together because you got somebody that needs you, you know, and it's different.
Speaker 6: What made you want to stop there? Because you know, a lot of rappers be having kids.
Speaker 4: Now twelve kids. I got two years. I got a daughter too. Yeah yeah, so she's eleven.
Speaker 1: I just came back from Vegas and she she plays all these sports right, like, man, she's like a child pro protege, right prodigy. She plays the flute, she's uh, she's she's played soccer, she's doing tennis.
Speaker 4: Well. Her number one sport is volleyball.
Speaker 1: So I just came back from Vegas from her volleyball tournaments.
Speaker 4: That's what's her. They was playing like seven eight games a day.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: You know, I had a new respect for volleyballs, Like I wanted to get out there and play.
Speaker 4: I'm want there and I'm like embarrassing though, like I'm.
Speaker 1: Out there going yeah yeah, let's goat yeah yeah. Every time she hit the ball and to get it and I'm like yeah, and I'm like I'm ready to run out there. And her mom's like, yo, please, you don't embarrass something, man, and she telling me this is a social suicide, like.
Speaker 4: Too much, Like I love it.
Speaker 3: Did you want any more kids or you're done?
Speaker 1: Sometimes I do I'm like yeah no, yeah, maybe nah, I don't want no kids.
Speaker 4: Nothing to go man, Maybe you know.
Speaker 1: So you know, it's up and down and a lot of that depends on who you're with at the time in your life, you know what I mean, Because the right person to make you do whatever right. You know, you say no to one thing, but then you find the right person. It's like, man, she might get ten.
Speaker 3: Has anybody made you feel like that?
Speaker 4: Nah? Not not not yet, not yet.
Speaker 1: I'm open to it though, Okay, I'm open to it. You know, make me feel something, baby makes me feel so may know a single.
Speaker 4: Yeah I'm single, but I'll be like trying things out, you know, less people. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Like, you know, speaking of try things out, We'll go back to Way Up with you.
Speaker 3: You tried that.
Speaker 6: Out and you are like a regular and it is fascinating to see to hear you on there because you be going in on people.
Speaker 4: First of all, I got to say pause and trying things out? Right, that sounded crazy things out could be because it's a pause. Ever right now, that was New York.
Speaker 3: I didn't. That wasn't That wasn't a man's in there is like, yeah, that.
Speaker 4: Was the pause pause clip. But listen.
Speaker 1: The Way Up that show because the thing people be calling up there with stupidness.
Speaker 4: Man, It's like, why would you call up here?
Speaker 1: You sound let you know it be wow.
Speaker 4: People making it up.
Speaker 1: I ain't making this up, like people really calling it talking crazy, talking about yo.
Speaker 4: I slipt with this one and you know I slept with that one.
Speaker 1: And one girl said she had what she she said she had sex with how many dudes? And one year I forgot the numb It was just ridiculous. Like I'm just like, wow, and I don't want judge, like because I ain't nobody to be judging nobody, like I ain't no greater than no other human. But at the same time, I'm just like you calling up here for a reason. I'm thinking you're looking for advice right right? You just don't want to just say this. You want somebody to tell you.
Speaker 3: Something, you know, and you be telling them, you be letting them know.
Speaker 6: Speaking of the current events, Man, a lot of people are letting did he have it?
Speaker 3: Right now? What is your take on all that's going on with him?
Speaker 1: I want to see more than just these accusations. Man, I've been lied on. I mean, I hadn't been in a situation where people said things things been taken out of context. What is what we're talking about is what is he? Is he being accused of?
Speaker 4: Of? What?
Speaker 1: I don't I'm not sure, Like I don't know, like I want to see more, Like I don't want to just condemn somebody, you know, just based off of what popular you know, uh belief is.
Speaker 4: You know, I mean ship, I might be a freak.
Speaker 1: I might like to do, you know, crazy things with my girl or whatever, but you know whatever that is right at the same time, we're talking about crimes, like what's what's the crime?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just I don't want to jump on the bandwagon and just be like, oh, you know, this person did this and he did this because this is what the news is saying, or you know, then we're talking about these people making these accusations. You got some dude named Little Rod. First of all, that should be a fucking pause on his name, like nick Na, Like.
Speaker 4: How you name little Rod?
Speaker 1: Like that's your name, Little Rod?
Speaker 4: That's wow, that's pause for real?
Speaker 3: It could be sure for Rodney.
Speaker 4: That should be no didty right? Wait?
Speaker 5: Do you do you think it's like agenda to destroy?
Speaker 4: This is what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna go I'm lean, I'm gonna lean on that because I feel like it's so easy for us to just be pushed in this direction.
Speaker 4: Right, It's so easy. All it takes is.
Speaker 1: You know the media, and if you know anything about you know, the sixties. And I hate to get all like this, but if you know anything about the sixties and what they did with black leadership and all that, these were some of the tactics right to destroy you. Basically, they divide and concoct. There you go, right, so cointel pro what they would do us. They will put out misinformation, have us looking at each other, right. They sending out letters and sending out things saying you know this one talking about that one, this one got caught doing this, right, and it keeps us dis organized, right, and also propaganda which is fed few through the media.
Speaker 4: It's a tool that's always been used. Media controls them, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So I'm not quick to jump at what everybody else is running running towards like because if you ask the average person, it's like what you think he did?
Speaker 4: He's like, I he did something I don't know, like he you know what I mean? He was sex trafficking. What sex?
Speaker 1: They got to give me a clear definition of what sex trafficking is. So you're saying he was what he was making people sell their body, Like I'm saying, is it under eight? Like it's not clear to me. So I'm not I'm not jumping in that at all, especially with a little with a name with a nigga name, little rod Like.
Speaker 4: That's.
Speaker 6: Is your name?
Speaker 4: Little pause? Oh that's a note? Did he did? Nigga?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: What your name, Little rod.
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 6: Speaking of trends, another trend that Juvenile is kind of starting now is uh making old mute from videos new videos to it?
Speaker 3: Would you do that?
Speaker 1: I was thinking about that today. Word that's crazy. I don't know, but I was thinking about it this morning on the way on the way here.
Speaker 4: That would be dope.
Speaker 1: That would be dope, like just doing it. I like the game because you could just do whatever.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Social media, you know, gave us the opportunity to kind of like do whatever we want to do. We don't got to stay in the realm or just doing things just the particular way of you know, I put out a project and then you take two videos, like you could do whatever you want to do. It's things that it's songs that I like three, four, five, six years ago, and I'm like, man, maybe I could whether they was popular or not, I liked it. Maybe I could just go back and do something like that. You know, so I like that.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back. Stay tuned with more of The Baller Alert Show. You're listening to a special edition of The Baller Alert Show.
Speaker 4: It was popping.
Speaker 1: It's your boy Mano and right now you tune into The ball Alert Show.
Speaker 3: Last current event. You know, Kendrick went in on.
Speaker 4: Talking about who's talking about the Big Three?
Speaker 6: Yeah, the Big three and it's kind of shaking up hip hop right now?
Speaker 3: What do you think about that?
Speaker 4: Like that?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I know I listened to it. I didn't think it was like so you you chicken, so you think what he said? You didn't think it was just like.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, this was the craziest. I didn't think it was that crazy. I didn't go, oh ship, he just won that drake ass Like.
Speaker 3: It wasn't like the takeover.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like I think it was a jab, but I don't think it was like it was not crazy.
Speaker 1: It was definitely it was a job. It was definitely was a jab, right. I guess he's trying to bake Drake to say something.
Speaker 4: On Drake said someone. That's what we basically saying. I think they've been both jabbing each other for a long time.
Speaker 1: Small, I don't, but I don't think Drake, you don't think. You don't think so not like Kendrick can rap. But Drake is an overall artist.
Speaker 3: Right as far as hits go, hits.
Speaker 1: Right, hits that that we all like, right, you know this dance ship on this some ship that that we like in.
Speaker 6: The street like most Death said, like you can play this you hear it in the.
Speaker 5: Shopping Yeah, that was that was crazy that that was a shot though, Like I ain't really nah, that.
Speaker 4: Was a shot. The thing is this, Drake make dope music.
Speaker 1: Right, Let's not act like he don't make music that we're not playing in the club.
Speaker 4: Fact, let's playing it everywhere.
Speaker 1: You can say whatever the fuck you want to say about Oh it's in the it's in Walmart and all that. It's in the club. Though we like to be I like to be outside. We outside were in the club, like we hear Drake music. Right, We had the Chelsea House. But Kendrick I don't think. I don't think Kendrick like it's like, I think.
Speaker 4: He's a dope rapper.
Speaker 1: I think he'd be spitting his balls and all that, and he got and he got hits too. But I think if I had to pick, you know, it would be Drake.
Speaker 4: If it was yeah, if I had to pick.
Speaker 3: Well, do you do you think?
Speaker 5: Well, they definitely everybody's teaming up against Drake. But what it seems like, Well, I think that anytime that you're going against somebody, you know, with that level, I think, you know, you.
Speaker 4: Kind of got to click up. You know, I don't know what.
Speaker 1: I just want to click though what happened because we don't really know what they was talking about? And then but who is day is? So that's what I'm saying. Problem with that, the problem right there? Problem right there? Who is they like? It's like, oh, because I see so I'd be saying ship on say cheese, like where did you get?
Speaker 4: Where'd you get this ship from? That's what I be wondering too. With the girl.
Speaker 1: Allegedly allegedly but the girl like the girl I go to the girl I wanted to, I said, love, let me say, maybe I know, like.
Speaker 4: You got.
Speaker 1: Was like, you know, making my round. So I said, hold on, I've seen this page before. I'm like, hold up, damn. And then I go down page. She got a whole guy, right, So I'm like and and I see that with a post.
Speaker 4: She's like, man, I ain't, I ain't huh. I got a nigga. Oh but that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I got a nigga. Me and my nigga is laughing about this. That's crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 4: See, so I had a question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so one time for I got MP three wax, I got Chris Man for every wax Man.
Speaker 4: What what like I see?
Speaker 1: He?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Man, is there is there a family? Is this like family family? Chris Christen MP three Waves?
Speaker 1: You know they like they standing in between, like you know, the DJ side, the artist side.
Speaker 4: They helped piece all those things together.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: He called me ten times in the row one day. He was like, I just want to make sure you got the main on thumb. Yeah, somebody like that definitely need some out having somebody. Imagine I have somebody like that, fact imagine it. I wouldn't even be down here. I was at the DJ listening session. He called the DJ that was standing next to me.
Speaker 4: He will do that. DJ Smack said, for Chris, answer your phone when you this. I'm over here, Like god, damn, I already sent him to may Nose. Now, people to.
Speaker 1: Know that's not that's family right there. Man three, gotta have a christal Man on the squad.
Speaker 4: That's a fact.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: We appreciate you made up for something. Bottle Ball Alert Show. You welcome anytime.
Speaker 4: If I made it here, I made it. Yeah, yeah, wow, this is the big Ball Alert Show. I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: I'm just glad we learned so much.
Speaker 6: And I hope everybody else take away something to mainnovations because dropping gym today, man, yeah before pau oh yeah, yeah, a couple of Rods.
Speaker 4: This is definitely what you're good for. Why would be little.
Speaker 6: Rod like y'all can hear more of this a way up because he's definitely on there acting like may know you know what I'm saying, or catch him at the clubs or where.
Speaker 1: You Chelsea at the Chelsea House all the time, but with the lobby boys you also, Yeah, man, I don't know the dates though, we definitely got some shows coming up.
Speaker 4: I gotta look at those dates though, but yeah, we'll be in a city near you, all right, man?
Speaker 6: Before we get out of here though, we do need a main ovation, so okay, leave us with.
Speaker 4: A pep talk Yoh what's up is your boy? Man on?
Speaker 1: I just want to tell you, like this man, stay down long enough to come up. Man right, the things that you're going through right now, the pain that you feel right now is temporary. Stay down, right, don't make a solution that is permanent for a temporary issue. So and focus on the not the problem, but focus on a solution. So let's get it. Stay down, come up. We hear ball Alert show I made it. Baby, can't get enough of baller Alert. Follow us on all social media platforms at baller Alert, log on the baller alert dot com