Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich Podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Comno Rich at Fox Sports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app like searching FSR. Oh yeahday you heard the guy broadcasting live for Fox Sports Radio Studios, live from the mean streets of La. What a week man Wildcard Baseball Week five of the NFL. What a country? What a month? A month to shout out all the matos locals forever, even trespuntos because it's Hispanic Heritage Month. It continues through the fifteenth. So a today and enjoy the postseason ghost season tomorrow. By the way, if you're keeping score at home, we play a new game that Danny g created called Brainwave, So stick around for that. But first and first mostly we be rogging out les. Go oh so yeah Brainwave tomorrow. That'll be fun, your chance to win some prizes. You could watch it on our YouTube channel. You can watch us now. Covino and Rich FSR and speaking of our bonus pod debuts right after the show today an hour from now on the same channel Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube, So watch it, be a part of it. You don also stream it, but it's more of a TV show a YouTube show. Over promised with Covino and Rich We're gonna play a game. Can you name that playoff baseball kid from their little kid picture. We'll talk about colognes. Actually, we'll throw it back. What are your favorite colognes? Scrob definitely Bartola. No, you know why, I'll let you know what because Lamar Jackson, did you know he had his own businessman A lot of athletes I never had it, but remember Michael Jordan had his coloneater. Yeah, but I didn't know Lamar Jackson was an entrepreneur like that. So we'll talk some cologne, some football, richest picks. That's all on over promised an hour from now on our YouTube page. So join us live and like we do every Thursday, we're throwing it back old school and fifty hits right now, the one baseball question before we get to all your feedback, because we are talking cartoons on the anniversary of Peanuts. Charlie Brown, poor guy got the football pulled away every time. And by the way, Sam dances like one of the Peanuts crew, like naturally, those are his natural dance moves. His legs move that way. Yeah, look at him. If you're watching on the YouTube feed, there he is. All right. So my baseball quick question before we get back to cartoons. I know Sho Hao Tani's going Game one on Saturday against the Pills. That's the novelty of having a show. Hey, right, m hm, I was wondering. I'm my god. So then Blake Snell Danny g will be lined up. You guys don't play game two until Monday. It's Saturday, then Monday. This is not Saturday and Sunday. So Blake Snell is gonna have like five six days rest, which is great, Yankees. Blake Snell looks like he never has any rest though, ironic. Don't you think tired as hell all the time? Like yo, Blake, take him that bro. Unpack the luggage. Man, you got lots of bags. If you guys are playing, I say that respectfully, he's a gamer cove. If you're playing the Blue Jays on Saturday, right, you don't push Max Freed on short rest in the divisional do you? Or do you say oh no, no, well, Wolf, save him for Sunday? And what were they saving him for in the previous what I'm saying, so, so I would say yes, but that's why they yanked him with one hundred and two pitches. But you know, you guys, the Yankees, if they do in tonight that Yankees Blue Jay Series Games one and two would be Saturday Sunday. Do you save Max Freed for Sunday because he pitched Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. You're not gonna go a guy in three days rest at this point, are you, because then you would probably not freeze. Yeah, you would go Freeze and rodone games two and three if you move on. I think remember Louis Heel, the King of the Heel is your reigning Rookie of the Year last year, so he's no scrub. Okay, okay TLC. Yeah, so you'll probably get that then Freed. Then I just love how Danny the pitching matchups when you get to the next series, they're always a little lopsided because of the previous series. It's not like every series lines up like, all right, let's bring me aces out again. Sometimes you're ace bite pitch Game three, and then it's just a it's wonky in a really fun way. Alright, back to the anniversary of Peanuts. Charlie Brown. You know what, poor guy never got to kick the football. As Kevin Hart said, I never got a Snoopy snowcone machine. You're gonna learn something today. And I know it's not a crazy baseball stat but it is kind of cool when you think about Peanuts debuted on this day in nineteen fifty. That was before our parents were born. My dad was born the following year, right, yeah, and it lasted through two thousand and the legacy still lives today. Joe Cool, Snoopy, Charlie Brown, the whole crew. There's a Snoopy Land. Oh yeah, no, I still love it even though rich to mean, let me tell you it's the legacy is amazing. The music, the little piano riff, the comics, the newspaper cartoons, such a special feel about their Thanksgiving special, The Great Pumpkin. Do you mean the Thanksgiving special we made? They made the one black character sit on the opposite side of the table. Racist. I know you're going to bring that up, but I will say I sew. But Franklin's my guy. I so enthusiastically showed my kids The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, and I'm like, kids, sit down, we're gonna watch something really special for dad. We watched The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. It was tracked Not So Great Pumpkin, Sam. The plot goes nowhere, It has no story. It's for children. It's reminiscing. You're reminiscing and you're glorifying your childhood. I used to watch it till in my teenage years. Vibe, yeah, there's something so special. He seems the pumpkin patch and he wakes up and he's like the Great Pumpkins it's the worst.
Speaker 2: What about the scene where they're walking across that field at night? That makes you feel so lonely but in a good way. That's what Charles Schultz was all about. It wasn't about all positive feelings. He was about a mix of life's feelings.
Speaker 1: Is life at night? Or maybe it shows you the not with your kids rich the world today where you need over stimulation.
Speaker 2: Peaceful and the soundtrack to it was like it sort of like made you feel alone and sad and you're like, where is the greed?
Speaker 1: That's what I want to feel, but it was. That's what Charles Schultz's magic was. Let me tell you something. It's trash. Don't watch it with your kids. This stuff that other people taste, trash that I think is better. You know it's better. She would be Halloween. You know it's better.
Speaker 3: Oh No, what is that?
Speaker 1: Rich is a weird guy?
Speaker 2: What about the coal and the I got coal in my sack? And for you know, a tiger treating That's a great scene. It is the worst, great pumpkin. Charlie Brown is not even worth watching. This should even err it.
Speaker 3: Secondly, do you know how many animated specials the Peanuts had?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 3: Too many things? Give you one Christmas one? I mean there's obviously a top ten list all over the inner.
Speaker 1: There probably three to five, no fifty one animated specials through the years. Wow, that means I know like five of them. Griff time is it makes me want. I don't want to say what it makes. So Charlie Brown stinks screwed? You screwed.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what. I'll tell you what does treating back? Andy helped give a snoop dog? He's still giving back. I sent you, guys a story from CBS Los Angeles Snoopy help deliver service dogs to southern California.
Speaker 1: You know what, No, it was good? What's that? What's that pumpkin? My kid? My kids watch Spooky the Square pump Spooky the Square Pumpkin. That's that's some good kids from newer Disney flick. Hey, damn buyer, you got a cute little son. Do not watch the Gray Pumpkin Charlie Brown with him, so you'll be wasting you don't listen to them. I'm telling you right now, it's probably don't waste your time on it's it's hurting our feelings here, man. But based on that freaking truth, you know what it's like. I give you one analogy, then I then I'll shut up for a while. I used to love don't be ridiculous as a kid. I remember your man, Larry and BALKI Perfect Strangers how funny? And I went back and watch an episode and I'm like, yeah, funny for twelve year old idiotic me watching TGI and compare a stupid show like that to a legendary comic character and cartoon like Charlie Brown. You please watch Perfect Strangers was a trash show back? And then can you please watch it tonight. Perfect Stranger is no better than alf or like I was gonna do. Alf doesn't live up. Yeah, this is due and you're you're glorifying over trash on alf though, so you put deep down inside Danny. I know it's not good, but it was never good. Your homework assignment is to look yourself in the mirror, slap yourself wow, and then why, and then watch the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown slap yourself again, and then come in and then come in tomorrow and be like, rich, I'm so sorry you were right. That's because you're a pea brain. Ryan Bersching is in here flipping off because the riches of the country is going to disagree with you on this. Right, you're all lying to yourself. Here's what I bringing it up. We're bringing it up because Peanuts the comic strip debuted today in nineteen fifty with Charlie Brown, the unlucky, bald headed Charlie Brown rocking the same Shirty rocked for you know over one hundred and fifty years. Sher Me and Patty were the original characters, and it was printed over twenty six hundred newspapers, translated in twenty one different languages, so internationally known international fame, and the original strips continued until February thirteenth, two thousand and They were all hand drawn by Charles Schultz. And of course The Great Pumpkin and all the specials that we watched growing up got us thinking about old school cartoons that we love to pass down to our kids, the ones that we thought held the test of time until Rich dumped all who's a little piece of trash? They would pull the football away?
Speaker 5: Lucy, Lucy, you knew it incredibility, Like you don't know what I watched that sports jump up and listen to.
Speaker 1: You see, I know everything? Can I just say this? I was saying, yes, I've watched all these trying to recapture something. And how do you not know the names of the main character, because that's like saying, who's that guy? Uh, who's that? Who does Donald Duck date? Again? Like how do you not know the caracter I do? I was about to say Peppermin Patty, and I knew I was wrong, so I just said, real quick, anyway, Peppermint Patty drives a super.
Speaker 3: The very first Peanuts special, by the way, is a very Charlie Brown Christmas, which a lot of people have ranked number one.
Speaker 1: Drives a super the best line of the day. That's a good thing. By the way, my parents drive a super safe card. I'm just gonna say. I'm just gonna say this, and Rich ranked number two. It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, suck it, yo, what I will do? It shows the problem with your attention span and kids today's attention span, and anyone listening to the show could hear it because you're so hyped up. There's no surprise that you can't sit and enjoy this. No, it's it was really it's unenjoyable. I'm not even joking at this point.
Speaker 2: That's how I felt about Hub Halloween. I got twenty minutes of that. I'm like, this is ridiculous, How dad you?
Speaker 1: Dan Patrick's in that? But it's crap. Secondly, I'm gonna give you something else that's even I'm gonna tell you something that's so bad that's even better than Charlie Brown. I rather watch Ernest's Scared Stupid. That's another Halloween classic. What is wrong?
Speaker 2: Ernest Scared Stupid was scary as a kid, and it probably still holds up. I don't know so based on come on, what if that thing was oozing out of its mouth and his nose?
Speaker 1: That thing was gross. What are the old school cartoons that stand the test of time and that you love near and dear, that you want to share with your kids, the old school cartoons that you vouched for. And if you think Rich is wrong, please be the guy to tell him, because I tell him every day and he doesn't believe me. Eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox, and at Covino and Rich and at Fox Sports Radio on social media. You'll give you a cool old school cartoon. Heath Cliff, heath Cliff, no one, I agree, he know why And I put him over Garfield because Heathcliff kicked ass.
Speaker 2: He got out of the house a little more and he got all the lady cats at the top of that thing.
Speaker 1: You got that tall hot cat Like if I was a cat, you would, if I was a feline, I would. You know what? Sam and I have a bond, and Rich, I know you'll agree with it. Something that Sam and I bond over because he said something. He's like, oh my god, you understood my reference. It's something you would stand and it's one that you will not deny. You can't deny it. And just because your kids don't like it or whatever you make like a gargamele reference or something, no no, no, no no. One day, Sam made a reference and I picked up on it, and he was shocked that I knew what was it, and it was who's the most re markable extrainary fellow? You sending mad the Sailor. Old school Popeye cartoons are still great and if you watch them with your kids, because you really see them so good, you have to have like some old DVD or pull them up on YouTube. But those old ones Ali Baba and the forty THI I loved Popeye as a kid. In fact, my mom get this would I didn't want to eat vegetables like every little kid. This is a true story. I was Sam. My mom would cook spinach, put it back in the can and I would eat the spinach out. Yeah, if you want to live up to that shirt that you and then I would try. Then I would try to find women tied to railroad tracks. Never found one, hey, chum, But the old school Popeyes are still fantastic. We talked about.
Speaker 2: This is because they would craft physical sets and then do the animation on top of it. Yeah, and it had this very much like appealing visual aesthetic.
Speaker 1: Watch Simbad the Sailor, Watch Abu Hassen Ali by'm on the forty Thieves. Watch some of those old Popeyes. They stand in the test of time. Hey, Sammy, you ever go to the Cintamatica pier and they actually have a little display about the guy that inspired Popeye. I have not seen that. Yeah, there, dude, it's a real dude. You're like, oh my god, it looks like Popeye and he had the pipe and everything. So we're going to your phone calls. Now, it's the great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. Apparently Rich isn't excited. He thinks it's the weak Pumpkin Charlie Brown. But it's the anniversary regardless, so it's the weakest your old school favorites. Let's go to the calls. Let's go to drow in Ohio. What's update.
Speaker 6: It's got to be here, So I'm just I'm just hanging out here at the Art Institute watching the traffic go by.
Speaker 1: What's up, buddy?
Speaker 6: Hey, my favorite is Johnny Quest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a lot of those Johnny Quist's old school Hannah Barbero. Right, yeah, so those old Hanna Barbera ones. I love them. I don't know if they say the time, but I think they're super cool, such.
Speaker 3: A good production company. And I was telling you that they used to have primetime specials like on Friday Night where it was that flying arc with all the characters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, deck, yeah, great call on that Hannah Barbara legendary. You know there's a theory we mentioned this before. They say that The Jetsons takes place the same time as the Flintstones, just in different you know, ones in outer space and ones in Yeah, let's go to our buddy trip in Vegas trip. How are you friend?
Speaker 7: Hey, good to talk to y'all. I would say I always like watching Bugs, Bunny and Roadrunner. But then a show that I loved with the Laugh Olympics. And I may not stand a test of time, but the Laugh Olympics was always good on Saturday mornings, you.
Speaker 1: Know, just Saturday morning cartoons alone is something that kids today will never truly get to enjoy the way we did. We would fly down the steps, we'd have the smell of Mom's pancakes in the air, have a bowl of apple Jacks or whatever, and watch Looney Tunes and Muppet Babies and American Gladiators. I have a question and part of my purvy thought as I get older looking back, was Smurf fat like getting with everyone? No? Or was she your fat?
Speaker 8: Was?
Speaker 1: If you really look up the character, she was like a decoy. She was trying to She works for Garga Mele sent there or something like that to lure the So that wasn't like the storyline of the cartoon though, But that was the original. Yeah, I think that was the original thought. She was there to like tempt other Smurfs. I always thought that, uh, the only person that looked at themselves in the mirror more than Steve Cavino was Vanity Smurf. Is that true? I think so? Yeah? All right, let's say I had to John in Virginia, what's up? John?
Speaker 6: Hey, guys, how you doing? Love the show?
Speaker 1: Thanks? Man?
Speaker 8: What's up?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 8: Not a whole lot?
Speaker 6: Two thousand and one, my wife was pregnant and had a guy at work do a plywood cutout of my favorite character, Foghorn.
Speaker 1: Leghorn Well, I said it I said, I said.
Speaker 6: Us and instead of a stork where you put that out there and then the speech bubble, I put say, I say, boy, there's a little chick about him.
Speaker 1: That is That's great. I mean that was just so much a part of our childhood because they would have the little shorts, because they were all shorts that sort of were part of the same episodes, right like fog Horn, Leghorns a couple of minutes, who's the little like little was it? Chicken hawk? What was it? Yeah? With the glasses and he was like all brave and stuff. Tom and Jerry fan Yeah, I watched a Tom and Jerry was remember when we were shit. That was legendary thing when we were little kids.
Speaker 3: They had a lot of those cartoons on before the movie, remember, like Woody Woodpecker and droopy cartoons.
Speaker 1: Can I can I hang you up with something that's a little later, Danny, this is more like uh you and Covino might be a little too old for this. Sam is younger than me, so after school I would watch my siblings, who are a couple of years younger than me. That whole world of Tailspin, Dark Wing Duck. Those shows were great. Chippendale Rescue Rangers. That was I was a little old because I remember being maybe like hand eleven twelve. But tell me those are great. But you just passed over Woody Woodpecker, Tom and Jerry and Droopy Dog. Yeah, and you can throw Chili Willy in that conversation. Yeah, but you're gonna see that you're from another planet. So you think Ductails is not better than Droopy Dog. Ducktails has a great theme song. You don't think Ductails is better, but you totally dismissed Danny g He's like, those are legendary. Then you're you think you think Woody wood Pecker is more entertaining. Legendary, but you think he's more entertaining. If you would have sit down right now as a grown man at forty something years old, and I said objectively watch Woody wood Pecker and then objectively watched Ductails, here's the difference. One's a classic, one is Notcktails is classic to you? No, to everyone? Okay, Droopy holds up. Remember the famous episode I don't think anything groupie boobs. I don't want to, I don't want me.
Speaker 3: I don't like he's like the sheriff and Butch I think is the name of that nemesis and he keeps like smashing his finger and he has a run outside to scream. There are some legendary cartoons from that.
Speaker 1: I'm not a fan of Droop, but hey, good one, Danny good one. Rich is just he's just hard to know. But I think you guys, are you know what is? I think you guys, And I'm surprised because Danny's got a little one. He's got co I think when you go back and watch a lot of these as an adult, Like I said, sitcoms is one category, but even cartoons, you're a lot of times sadly disappointed, like, oh, this doesn't hold up, and the ones that do are fascinating, like.
Speaker 3: Slow old movies. I get your point, But for cartoons back in the day, they were more violent. There was more physical comedy involved. Things they can't they think they can't get away with me.
Speaker 1: Nowadays my kids think bugs Bunny's hilarious, but something that I did find funny. My kids love The Wizard of Oz, but they were like, why is there a song with a million names for five minutes before the movie starts. Things are slower. They don't want credits, right, you know, it's over. What are we doing? I'm telling you right now, Well, why are we talking about this? Because Charlie Brown could have been in the NFL as a placekicker if stupid Lucy would have just gave him a shot one time. It debuted on this day in nineteen fifty. So I got us thinking of old school cartoons and which ones are still special to us. If Rich took a again, he took a steamer on all of our favorites. That Todd and Missouri might agree with me. Todd, go ahead, you're on the show, Tom and Jerry was mine. But actually I did want to agree with you that Tu is trash. Thank you you guys, have you know what the two people? Okay? Then why do people still rock like Joe cool Snoopy T shirt? Who?
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Who? Joe Cool? It's still a iconic like character? Snoopy is your daughter as your teenage daughter. If anyone gives a funk or wagdall like, what about Charlie Brown.
Speaker 2: Mike Harmon, who is a host here, who has a show from seven to ten pm Pacific time, has a Charlie Brown yellow and black shirt.
Speaker 1: This is an old ass guy. Come on you making it like, come.
Speaker 3: On, you wack like Peanuts stuff doesn't sell nowadays it does.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. Like their merch is still a pop culture sort of thing internationally, not just here in America. Snoopy's iconic, can you guys Snoopy Lake on the top of the.
Speaker 2: Red I will agree with Rich real quick, that ducktails and all those that those other one dark.
Speaker 1: Wing Dog, I'm not saying those. He was all great. He paid no mind to the classics that Danny brought up. Well, they't the ones I'm name in our classic too, they are like thirty seven years old. Now, question for you, will you agree when you're done watching Thursday night football, when you're when your team is on an off day from the MLB wild Card Divisional Round playoffs, when you're not watching the new season of Love Is Blind? Because I know Danny's going to start that tonight if he already hasn't. When you have a free moment Season nine, When you have a free moment, can you please honestly watch Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown and I went objectively come back and then say Rich, I I'm sorry, you do me a favor I'll watch it if you do me a favorite. Yeah, will you show your no those picking kids who have no attention span just like their dad? Okay, can you show them on Disney Plus? Yeah, the legend of Sleepy Hollow with thinkabond Crow. That sounds great. I will absolutely do that. I will show my kids Sleepy Hollow. But I want you to the Headless Horse. I want you to objectively watch The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown when I come back. You know, it's slow movie. We knew that would come back the next day and say, Rich you know what. You're right, it has nostalgia for me. But watching it now, it's just a different style of cartoon, bro. I promise you you're also discrediting like the legacy of Peanuts. It had a long run and it still lives today. And the movie that came out in the like around twenty fifteen did really well. So, Danny, when you brought this up earlier this morning, when we were like doing our little prep and stuff, I had no clu I was gonna be so passionate about how much because yeah, because I thought about him, like oh yeah, yeah, why it's stinks. But go on, we'll wrap it up with your phone calls, the cartoons that we hold near and deer on a throwback Thursday, old school when fifty hits over, Buddy Sean hit us up. That listens on the iHeart app Out in La Sean Weller said, ducktails all day. That's a classic. Now, it's thirty plus years old any days here in Duckville. Duckman, d duck World, duck World, but Duckburg, Danny, maybe it is duck They've made so many different iterations now of ducktails, like my kids watch like a new fangled version of ducktails. It's that popular, al right. Dean in Kansas, what's up, Dina? What's up? Bud? I think he's got a back? Can I heard him? He said, Rich is right? All right? Mo in Arizona, what's up?
Speaker 4: Went up? Mo?
Speaker 8: Hey, guys, you're crazy man, Peanut skill Man, Snoopy Charlie brown Man. I guess that must be more of a generation of things.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think you're a hot right now. You're smoking sweed right now.
Speaker 8: But I got I'm wrong. But he did right with the Looney tunes, I like those, but like a stalker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is low key like inappropriate like Pep'll leave her alone. Yeah, he needs to take an HR course. Did not do that course that we do online? No, but you know, props to me blank because he did all those voices, as you guys know. But it's insane because they're all so similar. But the personalities of the voices are all so different you don't realize when you hear them next to each other without seeing You're right, they're very similar. And if you've never seen it, look Investers like Daffy and and it's also like Pepela Pugh, which is also like Foghorn, Like it makes me think of road Runner too. How violent I was. I thought anvils were going to be falling from the sky as an adult. If you've never seen it, I'll give you another homework on it. This is not going to take you as long. Just go on TikTok or Instagram. Look up old footage of mel Blanc doing all those voices on like Johnny Carson or something he's done like on like interviews and watching him getting those carards and with Phil Mesterer and he does like the shaking of his face and it's like it does a bit of a porky pig fan, fantastic of all that stuff. But we'll wrap it up and say, enjoy your peanuts with your kiddos. Are just for nostalgic reasons for yourself. The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown came out on this day in nineteen fifty. Well, not the cartoon, the actual comics trip that special came out this month in sixty six. I thought we reaped all the benefits, but Rich says, no, I do want to say before we wrap it up, major props from me to Tom and Jerry, all the Looney Tunes and who else do I and Woody Woodpecker, those are my favorites. There you go, I already said Bullwinkle, Yogi Bear, there's all those classics. We got more Kavino on Ritch. We'll take more of your feedback. We'll talk some NFL Week five, and hey, a couple more games going to be starting soon, Wildcard week. Let's go Convine on retch right here on Fox Sports Radio. Now, if you're looking for a new way to hire and manage your workforce, well I say, I say, Express employment Professionals makes it easy forget about posting jobs, sifting through resumes, being ghosted, and interviews with unqualified applicants. Move up to the pros with expresspros dot com. A Express is your full worksforce solution, connecting you with top talent fast every day. Express recruits and screens a variety of workers in your area, so when it's time to hire, they got the talent you need, ready to go to work. Contract work for us to Express can help you manage contingent labor costs and provide the people you need to meet current demands. And if you need full time employees, Express can recruit for you. Express Employment Pros helps tens of thousands of companies find workers, saving business time and increasing flexibility. Find the location nearest you at expresspros dot Com. There's eight hundred and seventy locations and they're locally owned and operated, but backed by the support of an international headquarters. Listen you know hiring stress full stop the hassles and the hooff and partner with Express. Go to expresspros dot com Find a location near you. Lasers everplanes. It's a ductor all rewrite history ductals. This is the hardest Rich Davis Rocks out for the record, I thought that this should be the Super Bowl halftime show We're a Live from the Fox Sports radio studio Covino and Rich And for over forty years, ty rack has been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Ship Fast and free back by free Road has a protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation tiraq dot com. The a tire buying should be props again to Charlie Brown who could have been an NFL kicker, could have been the next Adam Vanteridamn Lucy on this day and again. Cartoons and the references, they're all generation, all depending on when you grew up. Like Len from Idaho, hit us up. He's like speed Racer Man, Go, speed Racer Go. You know. For me, I grew up in an era of Looney Tune reruns and Plastic Man's Comedy Adventure Show and he Man and things like that. Say it's funny, it'd say, we're going over the classics. It's funny, you would say, he Man because it wasn't a Saturday morning deal. No, that was an after school so it was in a different category in my mind.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 1: It is all those like ThunderCats is in a different category, you know, what I liked about the ThunderCats. They always shouted out the hose Hose. So when you when you shout out hosts, do you think of Hacksaw Jim Duggan or the ThunderCats. Oh Hacksaw, Yeah, Hacksaw Jim Duggan. So anyway, it's an exciting day. You could hear it in our voices. Danny g Congrats to your Dodgers. Let's go yeah man. Congrats again to the Tigers today. They were pomped through the Tiger. Not that they shouldn't be. I'm just saying, if you didn't see the highlights yet, they were pomped, yeh. Talk about a yeah the Yankees tonight. I mean it's been great. Of course, you got your Thursday night football. So how could we not be excited. I don't want to interrupt, but we're we're in a pivotal moment of this game right here. Cubby's up two ozh at home against the Padres, second and third, two outs and it's zero to two on Fernando Tattis Junior. So this could be a big playoff moment for him, or he could come up you know. Sure, let's see what happens here. So I know we don't do play by play here, but he's one and two now, so we'll keep your posted. But based on this, it's a big moment right now. These playoffs are popping, man, they are, and the ratings prove that. As we discussed every network, everything, attendance, you name it up, well, let me ask you this and I said, acts uh tattis fly out to right. Speaking of baseball two to zero, there's a lot of buzz if you follow social media trends, and if you don't, that's why we're here. We keep you up on it. I keep scrolling, scroll and scroll and scroll in so that you don't have to I do the ball scroll And people say I shouldn't sit that long, it's bad for you, because it's bad for me. But I do it because I love you guys. I'm sitting there and there's a lot of buzz on social media about Judge's legacy and how it all depends on whether or not he wins the Big Game, he wins the World Series, he wins it all, and I mean it's the one thing that held back Don Mattingly. But when they're saying like now, it's like he's still got years.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying is when you think of all the Yankee greats, from the Babe to Yogi Berra, to Mickey Mantle to Reggie Jackson to modern Derek Jeter to Mariano Rivera, what are they all have in common? They're winners and champions. The one bummer, the one bummer for number twenty three, the great mustachio Don Mattingley was that he never he never got one and his back injury took him out early. I just think that a guy like Aaron je needs a World Series to be a Yankee great. Here's my debate here, and I'm not saying that's not true, because it's sports. You're defined by did you win or not? Right, But Judge is in a different stratosphere. As much as I love Don Mattingly, he's one of my heroes. As much as I love Donnie Baseball and Don Manningly, what Aaron Judge is doing for baseball is circus like, it's ridiculous. As I joke, he's Herman Munster and pinstripes. And I say that because there was an episode where Herman Munster was hitting bombs because he's, you know, big Frankenstein House. He was just hitting bombs on a baseball. If you got kids, you ever watched the Sonic movies? Yeah, and the who's the little red Sonic dude? Like nails?
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 1: What are the nails or shadow or one? Remember like they played baseball one of the end of the movies and he just hits the ball like that's how Aaron Judge HiT's ridiculous. So is his legacy his legacy when he has these circus numbers. He's a two time MVP going for his third MVP this season. Well, batting title, champion, captain of the Yankees, Knuckles, knuckles, that's what thank you, Sam Knuckles. Is his legacy really defined on whether or not he wins the World Series? And is the urgency really now? No one says, well Barry Bunds or Mike Trout or some of the Griffey Junior. No one's saying they stink as they didn't win. So I know you're saying they're like because they're exceptionally He's they're extraordinary. He's like an automatic Hall Famer and legend. I get that Aaron Judge is the man, But I'm saying, if you want to always go around with your YANKEDE shirt on and your pinstripes and your Yankees hat. You always talk about earn the pinstripes, the legacy. It's like the Lakers of baseball, right, It's you know, there's franchises the Celtics that are known to win. And if he plays his whole career as a Yankee, which will likely be the case, and doesn't have a World Series, you can't talk about him with the great Yankee lore of these other guys. I think this criticism comes because I think he's currently banning like two hundred in the postseason two five, and he needs that clutch performance. Well, guess what, He's four for eight this postseason, so so far, so good for you. So Judge's legacy does he have to win? Think about it and we'll get to your calls. But Dan Byer's got an update.
Speaker 9: What's up, dB, Yeah, guys, just this just in Cofto and Rich find five million dollars by the FCC for stealing play by play earlier. No, I'm kidding, Yes, Rich, I y, that's uh. I'll tell you what right now, the Cups still hold out to that to nothing lead against the Padres bottom of the fifth inning. Earlier today in Cleveland, it was a winner take maybe not all, but a wild card series between the Tigers and Guardians.
Speaker 10: Pitch we line Li pasent in the right peas in the score, Torkolsen will stop at second base. Six one Tigers. That's are booming in the seventh against Hunter Gattis.
Speaker 9: A four run seventh for the Tigers allowed them to top the Guardian six to three. So Detroit moves on to face Seattle in the American League Divisional Series. Red Sox and Yankees. You guys talked about it tonight eight o'clock Eastern, winner gets Toronto. Some injury news from the NFL. No practice for Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson, his teammate safety Kyle Hamilton, corner Marlin Humphrey, and linebacker Rokwand Smith also missed workouts today. Commanders will not have Terry McLaurin or Noah Brown as the wide receivers have been ruled out against the Chargers and Deebill Samuel missed his second straight practice today. Buccaneers running back Bucky Irving didn't practice again. He's dealing with foot and shoulder injuries. Baker Mayfield did practice for Tampa Panthers. Running back Chuba Hummard miss practice. He's dealing with a calf injury. Second straight day. He's missed Niners in rams tonight eight fifteen Eastern time tonight, and I'm three is reporting that executives with the NC Double A are moving closer and closer to expanding both the men's and women's NCAA tournaments to seventy six teams. That change would be in place for the twenty twenty seven NC DOUBLEA tournaments.
Speaker 1: Guys, back to you just dot regulated. I mean, it's like, sixty teams isn't enough. Come on, come on, you don't need that. And by the way, Dan, while you were doing that great update, the padres are so they were so shifted over. I know, you can't shift the way you used to be able to, but Manny Machata was playing practically shortstop, and the shortstop was right up the middle that Michael Bush of the Cubs hit the weakest little pop up to third and it just dropped it. You just couldn't get to it. They were they were so shifting. But now a double player ras is all that anyway, but still it was. It was wild to see. I was like, oh, that's a routine pop up to third Machada wasn't there? There was no one there. Every moment counts. It's that time of year. We're Covino and Rich and we get to your phone calls. Next, Judge's Legacy on Fox Sports Radio. Yeah, yo, I was Sam playing some dark wing duck. Nice hot studio Rangers. I'm more like a bat wing duck right now, Sovino and Rich laughing the Fox Sports Radio studio. Business fluctuations make running your manufacturing business complex, but staff in your business doesn't have to be let Express Employment Pros provide the workforce you need. Go to expresspros dot com. Find location near you. That's Expresspros dot com. So legacies are made. It's the postseason ghost season and the question we post just based on social media feedback and buzz and the importance of this time of year is Aaron Judge, He's arguably your MVP of the season. Him or Cool Rawley? Does he have to win this year to seal the legacy? You know what, I don't think this year? But Or does his stats alone put him up there with the grit Griffy juniors and other people you mentioned before that that never won, but we don't question their legacy. I don't think he has to win this year, but Aaron Judge can't retire without a World Series in pinstripes. To be put in the conversation with Jeter and Mantle and Ruth, you'll just say he was what a great like a great offensive player, like a Bonds or a Griffy or something that just never got I would say, you'd you'd still say he was probably the best right handed hitter we've ever seen in our life. Slow down, what do you mean? Slow down? You're downplaying his numbers. I'm saying his numbers don't require any sort of win. It'll help his legacy. I want him to win more than anybody, but I'm not sure he's defined by that. I think he might be an exception. We have so many random things going on, questions, behind the scenes and everything. But let's go real quick, rapid fire. People still want to talk about all the cartoons we threw it back with legendary cartoons on the anniversary of Peanuts. Peanuts. Yeah, Calvin and Indy, what's up man?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 6: I guess this is one of the best talk shows ever in history of life.
Speaker 1: Oh, I just love that. Yeah, I agree that should be our slogan. Dude, that's a great seng. We're gonna roll with that, Calvin, thank you.
Speaker 8: It's going back to my early days.
Speaker 6: I was a manager of McDonald We used to rush home from McDonald's to watch Boat Trying Defender of the Universe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's say how the Cannons San Francisco.
Speaker 4: Hey, Ken, gentlemen, Yo, So this is totally generational, but speeda go Gozales would not fly today.
Speaker 1: I wear, you know, sometimes I wear a slow Poke Rodriguez. His cousin was slow Poke Rodrigae, which is a great character. He was basically stoned all the time. But people, I'm half Mexican, people are like, I don't know, man, I don't know if you could wear that, this little racist and you like, but you're Mexican kid, he's just so of pride. You're right, it wouldn't really fly today, like we said, like we said before. Same with Peppi La Pew Roscoe in Florida. What's up, Rosco?
Speaker 8: I'm loving it?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 8: I can't believe I didn't mention Snoopy versus.
Speaker 6: A red bear.
Speaker 1: Snoopy red Baron is classic. The Christmas song, right, yeah, that is classic. But I'm telling you that Charlie Brown Halloween, Big Great Pumpkins stinks. Ray, You're on? Wrap this up? What's up? Right?
Speaker 8: Ray? Which you suck?
Speaker 6: I'm in Northern California, in peanuts territory, and my last name is Schultz.
Speaker 1: Oh yow hey, right right right? I love you. Bro's was a great rich sucks is a great call to end on. There a boy that called it he work at McDonald's or McDowell's. I couldn't hear. I think he's at mcdowells McDowell.
Speaker 3: The good news for Ray in Northern California is you might be picking his football team tonight.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm going with the forty Niners getting eight and a half. Now, if you really want to be tricky? Do you want to be tricky? Dicky? You know I've been nailing these tease bets, Danny a knock on wood. We're sort of undefeated on these Thursday Mondays, Right, So I like the Niners. Oh my god, this is like a gift. Plus fourteen and a half. So plus fourteen and a half what is the over under for tonight? That that's always the tricky party. Go over or under forty nine ers forty three and a half, go over thirty seven and a half. Oh, we know, hold on, Robert Salla's defense might keep him in check. Go under. It's a Thursday show. We say, when you don't overthink that, that's when you've been hitting so under forty nine and a half, under forty nine and a half, niners plus fourteen and a half. Let's hope Salah's defense controls the tempo. Now, something I want you to think about for tomorrow. Ask your wife, ask your kids. Cavino asked the dumbest, funniest question off the air with spot in your Life, What athletes name do you think you've said the most in your lifetime? In your lifetime? Because you're like man Cavino, Aaron Judge, Aaron Judge, And I'm like, you know, what do you think you've said Aaron Judge as much as you've said Jeter? I don't know. When you pass though, you go through the parlegates and they hand you a DVD and a piece of paper and all actually all your stats are there, I think, so yeah, so you'll find out then, But we'll discuss that and more plus the new game brain Wave. We'll do that tomorrow weekend hobnobbing. Get ready for the weekend. But what's the chance is the Niners and the Yankees win tonight? I hope good for us? Yeah, remember over Promised premieres next, so join us on Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube episode one eleven. Let's go right until that or even there. You baby, see you in the over Promised land. Oh yeah, geze yeah,