Speaker 1: Question.
Speaker 2: Love Supreme is a production of iHeart Radio.
Speaker 3: Take We we don't like that girl. I am in a vein and it is the real hard outre.
Speaker 4: Our.
Speaker 3: Oh lord, it is so dark. Take an iPhone, somebody take their phone and just give you the I'm to do something like this.
Speaker 5: It really looked like goosebone, like a little all your bread.
Speaker 3: In the darkness.
Speaker 4: But okay, this is it is. Do you have a You don't have a pair of headphones with the microphone, right.
Speaker 3: I don't because Tom went away from me, so fad. I was up in the grocery store and then and.
Speaker 5: Then a woman still out at the grocery store, and then I was calling the police for her and stuff. It kind of like left with the time and I.
Speaker 3: Was loveposed to be home and on my headphones.
Speaker 5: Ran about the Walgreens and bought some blue two heads.
Speaker 3: Like not the wal.
Speaker 4: All right, this is time we started the episode. I can tell I can tell this already my favorite episode.
Speaker 5: I had to do a lot of trade, you know, I had to do a lot of things.
Speaker 6: We appreciate you being I did save somebody likes.
Speaker 7: Wait all right, man, I'm throwing up the whole format out the door, forget to forget the band and the album.
Speaker 4: All right, So what just happened?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 3: This what happened?
Speaker 5: I mad rouses, you know, getting a couple of groceries. I just see a lady. I just hear like a white woman squeez yeah, And I said, whoa, what's going on? And there's an old black lady on the floor, and so everybody trying to, you know, help up, but they're scared to touch her because COVID going on. So somebody was braving up to pick up, you know, and she she was like at like she was all good and stuff. Then a couple of minutes later go back when she saw out again. And so that's when it's time, you know, And I'm like, this is nobody gonna call the police. So that's when you call the ambulance. And the ambulance has so many questions. No, after I give you that address, I'm just hoping you come. But no, they won't know what color shirt she got, what kind of weeks she got on.
Speaker 3: It's just there was so much.
Speaker 5: But finally they came through.
Speaker 3: But by the time they came through, she was ready to leave. She really was. She was ready to go just like.
Speaker 4: It's real. Are you in New Orleans right now?
Speaker 3: I'm in New Orleans right now?
Speaker 1: Wow, man, these days weren't sided in mind today.
Speaker 8: That's the greatest storytelling I've heard since Sweet Brown and I.
Speaker 6: Ran from my life?
Speaker 3: Didn't nobody got time for that?
Speaker 8: That was a great story to tak Thank you, thank you so much. I would signed up for that podcast. Tan't tell Stories?
Speaker 4: Are you? Are you currently behind the wheel right now?
Speaker 5: Oh lord No, I'm in the bank of the tour bank. Okay, I'm in a call with my best friend driving the bank because that's how I mean.
Speaker 1: The transportation now and her mom.
Speaker 8: And this is a first.
Speaker 4: This works for me, y'all.
Speaker 7: All right, well, welcome to the Kamikaze episode of Quest Love Supreme. Tank Tank out here saving somebody's life in the first three minutes of the episode. Yeah, well, okay, I I gotta ask, how does how does one how does one even create in this environment, especially when you're in an outfit that requires other people to help you bring your vision towards Oh with the.
Speaker 3: Type of band, that's not the best.
Speaker 5: Day traveling on the road, Do a show, do the sound check, go get dressed, and then go in the room. Nobody's ever gonna save anybody want to come to my room and create a song.
Speaker 3: You know, it really don't road like that.
Speaker 5: So everybody's sleeping, they going, you know, somebody about to go to the pall to catch a DJ or go smoke something.
Speaker 3: So on the road is not where a bunch of creation happens.
Speaker 5: So we needed this time to chill and build some indoors studio, actually make music and have it recorded because you know, we can't obviously go to nobody's studio. So it was it was a it was needed time for tank in the base. Tank before we continue, and let me ask you real quick, are you on your way somewhere? Because I'm scared that y'all might go through a bad area or something like that. I'm very afraid. The Blue School just says it's on ten percent, very afree. I'm all the way home.
Speaker 3: How close are you to?
Speaker 5: Your gonna take to me about about twelve minutes to get.
Speaker 4: Home, right's let's wait till he get home.
Speaker 3: So I really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is just a preview.
Speaker 3: Out late.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, let they'd.
Speaker 7: Be like made it safety fa okay, So I feel like you do even though I really want to start with that. That's our that's going to be our cold open. I will do the official introduction anyway, Ladies and gentlemen are Grammy nominated guest today has been rocking across the globe, leading one of the most dangerous army.
Speaker 4: Of musicians for the past decade.
Speaker 7: I myself was fortunate enough to catch them and twenty thirteen Brooklyn Bowl performance and I watch with my my drawers job, I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: Your jaw Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: My jaws dropped.
Speaker 4: No, seriously, not for the first time since.
Speaker 7: I gotta say, since the prime days of Fishbone, I've seen a band and a black band at that exude so much energy from the gate, like going zero to one hundred with the quickness, So you know, I became obsessed with them. I was fortunate enough to book them on the Roots Picnic, just to see if the lightning could strike twice.
Speaker 1: And I'm happy to say that indeed it did.
Speaker 7: I mean, since then, I've seen them about six, seven, eight, nine, fifty eleven times across months, across across multiple countries, and you know, to watch them convert newbies into like lifelong fans is really a beautiful thing. To see they come. Highly recommend that you won't be sorry. Uh so, please welcome from the city of New Orleans. All right, Triana tank bell.
Speaker 6: Ball yes dark, sorry.
Speaker 4: Dude, please welcome to the City of New Orleans.
Speaker 9: Triana tank ball hero at that hero, Yes, yes, today, that was law.
Speaker 3: That was an introduction.
Speaker 5: I wish my last name was Belle because growing up it was very hard with the last name Ball. They gave me Triana balls, Triana testicles. You know, I thought the testical was a good one though. I said, that's a good one. Yeah, that was a good one.
Speaker 7: In your altar, in your alter foreign life, that would be the name for you, Tarrian.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's your only fan site.
Speaker 3: Only fans.
Speaker 6: Jail made at home.
Speaker 3: I'm very happy I made at home.
Speaker 5: Y'all should have saw me her up and putting the groceries in the house real quick and just setting up all the little boxes to sort of yeah, I did that quick.
Speaker 8: What's it like in New Orleans in terms of like COVID and stuff like, how is is people still loud?
Speaker 6: Is it scaled back? What's it like?
Speaker 3: It really depends on to day.
Speaker 5: We got a mayor that makes sure that you can't walk in no store without your mask on, so that part is all serious. And then you got every now and then people still partying, acting like nothing going on, chilling in the French quarters, you know, still having their little family gatherings.
Speaker 3: So they found it very hard to live his life.
Speaker 6: Are they doing? Are they still? I saw they canceled the parades from Mardi Grass.
Speaker 3: Yes, dang you was you was in tune?
Speaker 8: Listen New Orleans, dude. New Orleans is one of my favorite cities. Like I love New Orleans is. New Orleans is like another country within the United States.
Speaker 6: It's another world.
Speaker 5: I'm very happy that you notice. It's very true, and I feel the same exact way. Even when I travel and I see Spain and I see parents, I say, oh, the know, these are like the windows in New Orleans, or when I'm in a the pah, this must be where they got jumped alaa from. You know, you get to see everybody that's settled in your city and made it what it is.
Speaker 1: I love.
Speaker 5: I think it's so special and beautifuls and those beautiful accents.
Speaker 3: They're just regular to me.
Speaker 5: I don't know, girlfriend, occasion to the creek. It's all beauty it's all beautiful to me. I just love you're singing.
Speaker 4: Your very much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know you'll know you're a Hambling Grad girl too. Oh you know I got to serve I got the shirt.
Speaker 5: Did you get the letter when they sent it to you? Like they got the letter like you?
Speaker 1: Yes, they said yes, yes, acceptance.
Speaker 5: Letter, yes, yes, can Helm and Grad. The people who make these the T shirts like that. I have the Huxtable on one right now. But like from my Shirley Chisholm to my Maxine Seaw to my Freaknick of ninety eight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they make some really dope T shirts, all of them. Sure.
Speaker 5: I love that they give you that acceptance letter. You'd be like, oh, I love it and maybe think I'm like, should I send my fans like a letter when it gets some merchan you know the way I mean?
Speaker 3: I felt special?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but send one of them T shirts with it that you got on because damn merches all the controls.
Speaker 4: I want to sweater too.
Speaker 3: Oh you know I got you. It's about to get cold.
Speaker 6: You about you about in the L now, ain't you? Or you're in an excel?
Speaker 4: I'm still and I'm into XL.
Speaker 7: I'm probably do excel, but I'm staying in my comfort zone.
Speaker 5: But can I ask we on the topic of fashion and style, because Tank, I know you're like you are the band leader of this situation. Please tell me like the initial thoughts behind what y'all were gonna look like, because tanking the bang is the visual of y'all is so important along with like.
Speaker 4: The audience.
Speaker 1: Here, because you guys are like real life muppets.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, how did y'all get to what y'all start? And how did y'all get to the point where it's just perfection?
Speaker 7: One of our one of our members, one of our members, uh unpaid Bill Is he kind of runs Sesame Street and I was really excited for him to interview you guys, because you guys would be perfect band for Sesame Street.
Speaker 3: You really, we're very into that. We're very into that. I mean, you can still make that happen. Just go you know, of course, let let them know very into it.
Speaker 5: So what happened is I started out in slam poetry, right, and I realized that in slam poetry that the audience would judge me before they before I ever said a word. So I knew that I would have to look a certain way so that y'all could see me first before you heard me. And so my team, my slam My slam team would just swam New Orleans at the time, Team Snow, we always just dressed kind of, you know, we want to be a little stylish, and you know, being Southern, you already got an auction block little mindset, so you're always trying to look a little extra damper. But and then when I got in this group, it just became, it just became the norm. And and now these days I just send wardrobe.
Speaker 3: I just say dressing colors.
Speaker 5: And uh, and they hate when I say that sometimes because uh, the colors in my head, I'm like purples, greens, orange as yellows, and somebody come up in here and you know, some brown and red. I'd be looking at them a little crazy, and they would say, tank, you said dressing colors. I say, not those colors.
Speaker 3: That it's like joy bringing colors. You understand what I'm saying. So I've been told I'm I'm I'm a little babe. I've been told.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, so you leave.
Speaker 7: You leave the wardrobe up to their discretion because I haven't seen y'all about five or six times. Like you guys seem pretty coordinated on your your your stage get up, Like you guys were a very unusual green, like a coordinated green.
Speaker 3: H we did a green for a while.
Speaker 5: I told him to buy a lot of green because we put out that elpen green Believe, and I was green balloon.
Speaker 3: I said, green Belie, Green, green balloon.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, we're gonna wear a lot of so about the green every now and then, you know, I tell everybody what Neon colors. Every now and then it's highlighted. Then every now and then it's blow up suits, it's blow up suits tonight, hill tonight, it's the animal print. How much time do they have to prepare for this?
Speaker 3: They have the night before?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: If you guys are traveling on the road, I mean, how many I would think that the wardrobe is just as important as you know, everything else. Like how many change of outfits should one bring if they were in a princess going on the tour?
Speaker 1: Yeah, whoa.
Speaker 5: If we're going on tour and we're gonna be gone for a month, you need to bring about two weeks of close and then while we're on the road, you're gonna shop anyway, Yeah, so bring about two weeks so you can switch them out.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: It wasn't always that smart.
Speaker 5: I mean when we first went to go move to London and we was gonna stay out there for three months, and when I tell you, everybody literally bought three months to close. We'll never made that a mistake again. You know it's supposed to do like that. But we didn't know we was We didn't know what.
Speaker 1: We was doing.
Speaker 5: I mean, Lord, the suitcases, y'all, the suitcase and then oh man, and then you know the pounds, the conversion.
Speaker 6: Yeah, everybody had over there was overweight.
Speaker 3: The nigga was thrown away clothes at the at the airport.
Speaker 5: At the airport, Oh I don't need this, I don't need this case, I don't need this, a pair of shoes, I oh this seventeen times. Yeah, it was throwing away clothes at the airport because them pounds was expensive and we ain't make no money.
Speaker 3: We though it was gonna make so much money in London.
Speaker 9: Baby, What year was that?
Speaker 6: When was that? When was the first time y'all hit over there?
Speaker 3: What time? What year was that? Lord? It was about maybe about maybe about maybe about four five years ago?
Speaker 5: Maybe, oh wow, show five years ago?
Speaker 3: I think? So did did y'all know about them?
Speaker 7: Y'all did three months in London as a hub and then traveled throughout Europe.
Speaker 3: Yes, with no money. They you and me. I told you these are your babies, and we.
Speaker 5: Bought and we bought an eighteen year old Japanese van.
Speaker 3: And did you.
Speaker 5: Guys know the story of like the roots and how they lived in London as well when they first got started.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Wow, we did the same thing.
Speaker 7: We we took all our money, uh, we got we got a flat and then we just told our agent anywhere in Europe will play. So like from nineteen ninety four until about ninety seven ninety eight, like between ninety three to ninety eight, I think that we split Europe in American half by like six months.
Speaker 3: So damn summer tour.
Speaker 7: The thing is, if you live in London and get a cheap spot, you don't have to squander on hotels throughout Europe.
Speaker 1: And make that make that your hub. You know, so wow, okay, we.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't live out that that long down you that long? That was that was a long, long, long, time. That's like he I think.
Speaker 4: I think I crawled to y'all could walk you.
Speaker 7: You love Europe. You guys probably have like a good time.
Speaker 6: Europe in ninety five, I could imagine.
Speaker 8: I mean even you're like when we would go, like when we was touring like Europe in O five. I mean this is before you know our message and FaceTime, so we.
Speaker 1: Were doing Europe.
Speaker 6: I mean that's like doing a bid.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you're gone like niggas new songs on the radio, nigga hat like damn building up?
Speaker 3: You heard seen this sidekick. I can't imagine it.
Speaker 7: I can't think, y'all. I can't came home and like, who shot you? Was like already like four months old. We didn't know about it and like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like it was way different in nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine it. Oh that's so cool.
Speaker 7: With no Internet, so you're forced to listen to songs like Scatman eighteen times a day.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Macarna many times, Like that's so cool.
Speaker 4: What extreem man?
Speaker 3: The moments that changed your whole band life though, those those.
Speaker 5: Little moments and I had so that's when I wrote the album over there because I felt like we could tell everybody, yeah we're in London, Yeah we're in London. But I had so many days of just sitting around the house like I was in New Orleans, and I hated that. I hated those unproductive ass moments, and I would write about it.
Speaker 3: I had journal entries. One of my journal entries was all they do is late.
Speaker 5: They lay all day, you know, because it was so much to catch the train and you need all this money, you know, I Japanese vand going around the rind the bat it eats something. We broke something on a vand we couldn't get it fixed for nothing, so we constantly went through tires and the tires over there like fifty pounds so much so we caught the train a lot.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you have no money. London.
Speaker 5: They so serious about their open mics. You missed signing up, you can't even perform. So it was a lot of struggle days every day was it was. It was a lovely struggle because you knew it wasn't forever, but it was a struggle.
Speaker 3: It was struggle days for sure.
Speaker 7: Well wait this, this is what I want to tell you, you know, thank God for my my good memory. But take it from me. I want you to document everything. I want you to journal everything. I mean, you gotta way easier. Now you can.
Speaker 1: You can just go on your iPhone and rant for five minutes.
Speaker 7: I know, you know it seem weird now, like, well, you know what's special about May of twenty twenty, But come your twentieth year, like around twenty thirty, and you revisit this stuff like thank god, like in the beginning I was journaling, like at least you know this is pre Twitter like journaling and my notebooks and all that stuff, Like I just found this stuff, like, man, I'm quitting the group today. Fucking I'm home, Malie just left. I missed da da da.
Speaker 1: I beg of you keeping document collect everything.
Speaker 5: They're my songs, they're my poems later on, they're my interludes. And I'm happy you reminded me of it because I've been feeling a lot, but lately I ain't been really writing it down, so so so thank you. It reminded me to because I tell people that I said, generally you're happy and sad, all of it.
Speaker 3: Just just keep a document of your feelings.
Speaker 5: One day is gonna make you laugh, probably even quiet, even make you surprise that you still feel like you're still mentally and emotionally in the same damn place you was five years ago, still met at the same mad at the same damn people. You know, it's hard to be in the band sometimes. I mean, it's absolutely awesome with all these personalities. Man, it's not always easy with all these personalities and all.
Speaker 3: What's your sign?
Speaker 1: Tank?
Speaker 3: Oh I don't want to talk about it?
Speaker 6: Come on, please, I got to about it.
Speaker 5: Oh man, I can't stand a sign y'all right? Now, you know they don't because you know they got a reputation.
Speaker 3: It's not I'm a virgo.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, Okay, that's all right.
Speaker 1: That's all right, baby, that's cool.
Speaker 3: Little ball, you got a little balls?
Speaker 4: Hey. Do you have trouble figuring out what you order in a restaurant?
Speaker 3: Do? No?
Speaker 5: Se I always know it's gonna be some chickens. Yes, it's always chicken, little shrimp pasta, or gonna be a little spright when I go out, you know, because you know, I gotta have a little assid with my mil.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: Oh to be young and just say I drink right all the time.
Speaker 5: Don't do only at a restat only at a rest only when it's classy.
Speaker 3: I got it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, you can't buy it like you can't like you, you can't buy it and have.
Speaker 3: A drinking You're gonna keep drill that.
Speaker 7: You gotta graduate the juices after soda now down down to just sparkling water.
Speaker 3: And then Lau comes in. Well, well speed, that's what they say. It is like speed, that's what they say.
Speaker 4: I love Laqui is my that's my one pleasure of the day.
Speaker 1: I pretended soda.
Speaker 7: This is usually you know, we we traveled through like you know the history of the of the artists. I assume you you were born in New Orleans, correct? I was, okay, can you tell me? Do you remember the first album that you purchased or.
Speaker 6: Not purchased or that's what it was a gift.
Speaker 5: It was a gift and I had been wanting this, this album, and my best friend got it for me. It was Bloud first first one second?
Speaker 6: Yes, are you.
Speaker 1: Yo yo? Right now? You mean for Love by New Edition, right, that's what you.
Speaker 4: Mean off the Wall by Michael Jackson.
Speaker 3: I don't mean that at all. I mean that's the first. It was high school. It was it was a it was senior year but we can do this and there, we can do this.
Speaker 4: Soon.
Speaker 3: Man, I told you your daughter.
Speaker 1: Oh god, man, come on, that's interesting.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, Hold, what about the first one I loved, though, the one I grew up love. And I don't mean nobody bought it for me. I was really into the People Bryson. I'm a even wonder type girl, but growing up I was really into People Bryson. I clean the my mama house like the instance, change it around, and I'm gonna put on that People of Bryson when you come home.
Speaker 1: People I know, Okay, I'm curious about this.
Speaker 7: In two thousand, there was there was a Blow Music Soul Child concert at the House of Blues in New Orleans m HM, and.
Speaker 1: I was wondering if you happen to hear the show like b opened. And this is when Blau first came out.
Speaker 3: He wasn't old enough to get in the show. I wasn't I was it.
Speaker 5: I was it.
Speaker 3: I was like you, I think I was in ninth grade.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Well no, my.
Speaker 7: Whole my whole point was that, you know, having worked on that record and seeing him perform, like I was just mind blowing that somebody was that free and that amazing.
Speaker 1: And when I watched him do his very first show.
Speaker 7: In New Orleans, it was a very hard pill to swallow for that audience, Like they just look like, who is.
Speaker 1: This alien on stage? And when is music coming on?
Speaker 7: Wow? Well, to hear that someone from New Orleans got a blud CD, you know, as one of their first things, Like that tells me that you're already, you know, of a different fiber, you know, very special.
Speaker 5: I can see why anybody would see him and be looking a little funny at him because he is different.
Speaker 3: He still you know, he still is quite Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: So what was your childhood like musically, Like, did you grow up in a musical family?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 5: I grew up I have a I am the I am the fourth of five children. It's three older sisters and a little brother, and everybody could sing. It's a family full of pastors. Everybody thought that I would be a pastor in the church.
Speaker 6: You are a pastor, I'm a I'm a grandfather.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I feel like I don't want to be in church every Sunday. And I didn't like to be in church every Sunday and every Tuesday and every Wednesday.
Speaker 3: I didn't like that. I like the people.
Speaker 5: No, No, I mean to Bible study, you know, Wednesday choir, Christian Union, Baptist Church.
Speaker 6: Yeah, did you do?
Speaker 4: Did you?
Speaker 6: Did you have to go to vacation Bible school in the summers?
Speaker 3: Y'all had vacation Bible school?
Speaker 4: Girl?
Speaker 8: I love Did they give out the red punch and the cookies at the end of that, y'all snack?
Speaker 6: Of course?
Speaker 4: What this world? Yo?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 6: Listen all we all had the same I love it so black, so black, Steve, No.
Speaker 1: But I know what the red red punches we had that I can't.
Speaker 5: And Jewish summer's and layla, guess what's so funny?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 6: You got?
Speaker 3: You got that red ass punch. But it makes your cookies not taste sweet exactly exactly.
Speaker 6: It'd be like drinking something sweet after you brush your teeth. It's sweet and sweet, and it didn't can it out? You loved it, door, you loved it.
Speaker 3: But it was a weird.
Speaker 1: So as as as a as a p K A preacher's kid, treacher's granddaughter.
Speaker 7: Oh so you have a lineage a grand father and grandfather, No, just a grandfather, auncie, two uncles and a cousin. Okay, how strict was the household in terms of secular music?
Speaker 3: It wasn't. It wasn't strict. Oh good for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Mother wasn't like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I'm the granddaughter, you know what I'm saying. But she was probably the rebel, was your mom? Like the rebel she was?
Speaker 5: Like, she wasn't rebellious, but she definitely got pregnant at eighteen okay, and was less than the which is like a big deal in the up in the up in the world, you know, especially if you're not married. But she is a great woman. She had obviously five of them. We listened to what we want to. She won't tripping too much.
Speaker 3: I liked that my mama.
Speaker 5: Trust was she raised. She wasn't all on my back like that, which let me be free. And I did nothing but hung around poetry nerds.
Speaker 3: It was a good life.
Speaker 1: Nice Okay.
Speaker 7: So what about your other siblings, Like, are they currently pursuing musical endeavors or my little brother?
Speaker 5: All these big is pretty special, but you know, sometimes when you have them babies, they slow you down just a little bit. And my sister, she was the real singer in the family, but she got pregnant young and then she kind of slowed down too.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 5: My older sister was into big choirs, she got a husband, you know, they got their own business.
Speaker 3: They just right now. Everybody just pretty much support me. That's dope. You learn from watching them too, though. You was like, you know what you gonna do that because I do want it exactly.
Speaker 5: I was able to see all my lessons through my sisters. There was amazing women, and they taught me so much. But my whole life, I literally was working on learning from them and being like them and being nothing like them all at the same same time.
Speaker 3: That's brilliant smart, you know what I'm saying, because people don't part.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I was curious to know with you were talking about how they your mom wasn't it's strict on you in terms of secular music, you know, being coming from church and everything. I wonder how much New Orleans plays in that because it just doesn't seem like like there's certain customs like you know, Marti Grod or Lundi Grad or like Zulu ball whatever, Right, those are just things that are just so they seem to cross all boundaries, so it doesn't seem like yeah, even yeah, it's just culture. Like it doesn't seem like even if you're in the church, like whatever you believe or whatever, Yeah, you're still there. So how much is the culture of New Orleans.
Speaker 5: I couldn't go on Bourbon Street, you know, growing up, Oh Bourbon Street, ooh, law, don't go on Bourbon on Marti Gras showing their tennis. You know, you didn't know what was going on, but you knew that you can't be there if you're too young for Mardigras. I also know that I couldn't enjoy your super Sunday in New Orleans, which which kind of made me feel like I lost out culturally on what was going on in my very own city. I felt like I was able to like date my city once Hurricane Katrina half and I left the city. Then I was able to come back as more of an adult. I was able to do, you know, date the city, caught the city, go all to different places, and you know, and and that's when I truly fell in love with New Orleans.
Speaker 4: You know, where did you to for Katrina?
Speaker 6: Where'd you Where'd you end up going?
Speaker 5: The whole family went to Haddiesburg, Mississippi, where we stayed with my uncle for about two weeks. One of my older sister left and she went to Virginia. And when she left, that's when the whole family just kind of broke down. It was almost like a black Tyler Perry film. Everybody started crying and.
Speaker 3: Just you know, like that's when we realized, nigga, this is our life has changed.
Speaker 5: Wait wait, wait, wait, we're not going back home. We're not going back home. That's when the reality set in that life is different. And then we went all the way to Indianapolis.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, that was different.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. How long was Indianapolis? At least at least two years?
Speaker 6: Oh wow, that is not New Orleans.
Speaker 1: But as it was, how many how much way time did you have to leave?
Speaker 7: Did you think like, okay, we'll just go to another state, lettering out and then come on back and get our things, or did you know, did.
Speaker 1: You have an idea that this is the mother of.
Speaker 7: All you know, weather hell about to happen, and let me take everything sentimental with me to where I'm going.
Speaker 3: Oh no, we just had no idea that it was about to be this crazy.
Speaker 5: Just never you know, they always wanted us about storms and even another reason One of the reasons at least that a lot of people stayed in New Orleans is because y'all always wanting us, don't nothing happened, but it's right now. They're wanting y'all right now, right like there's a season. Yeah, I mean, we've been having a lot of little scares, and but you know, you don't really leave too much.
Speaker 3: It's just weird.
Speaker 5: I don't know, we just don't leave sometimes we just don't. And it don't even always be finances. You're just too comfortable here and you and it loved you so much, you just kind of feel like it won't hurt you, like it's gonna protect you because it's home. But the way that the city is built, it's not always their week, it's it's it's an interesting ground to live on, very very scary.
Speaker 7: Okay, should a similar warning happened, I mean, how shell shocked is at least your inner circle into like, okay, I know exactly what grabby bags, let's.
Speaker 1: Go, Like how quick are you to to relocate and move?
Speaker 7: Or is everyone the impression like okay, happens once once in a lifetime and that's it.
Speaker 3: You think about it two ways. You think it could happen one in a lifetime.
Speaker 5: And you also think every since the storm, the little bit of it of rain, this city flooding.
Speaker 3: So that's scary, right, the number two and number three, you would, I mean.
Speaker 5: Honestly, if something happened here, y'all, I just bought my first house, I'm going to rebuild again. No you should, but because I always been worried too about New Orleans being there for the folks to be able to come back, because I know they always it was always rumors that, you know, big business came to New Orleans and some of these houses were not they couldn't get back in them.
Speaker 3: And now they're more than they.
Speaker 1: Used to be.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I mean the gentrification is real because I just moved from the hood, So I mean, god, damn is real.
Speaker 6: It's where you were you where are you at in the city?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I want all is East, which is where I used to live before the storm, which is which is a nice little black suburban you know type area used to be very very nice, very just very black, middle class and full of new looking houses.
Speaker 3: That was nice.
Speaker 5: And now it's very slow to recover, and people are still trying to to make it where it used to be, and they are buying houses here because they're selling them for way less than it is in the city before. I was on Frenchman Street, you know, the real the real street, did you you know, the hill side of french.
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, not what a.
Speaker 3: Yeah? Now what the party is like? Drive a little down.
Speaker 5: But you know, hey, but I'm not walking distance of the party. That's walking distance.
Speaker 3: But I love telling people, Yeah, I live on Frenchmen.
Speaker 7: You mentioned that, well, you know, you mentioned in the French quarters in Bourbon Street or whatnot about avoiding that when you were younger. But like, I've always been under the impression that the New Orleans that I know of is kind of like someone going to midtown Manhattan, like forty second Street and going to bubble gumps.
Speaker 1: Like where do real normans people pay?
Speaker 6: They not the touristies.
Speaker 5: And guess what I'm gonna tell y'all because I don't tell nobody else. Like people like me and other people from New Orleans that traveled, we told people about where the party was. And that's how Frenchmen became so gentrified and gross. That's how I found out that, right exactly. So now I tell I tell us, I tell people like you myself. Okay, so now we create she got a pin. Now we create our own little hubs.
Speaker 3: We create out we go.
Speaker 5: We go to each other's houses and stuff's ship. Yeah, have like black house or uh what they call that thing? Blaze blaze and worship on Sundays.
Speaker 3: You know about what? Yeah, tell me about. Yeah. They don't get it. They pray, they praise God, they smoke, they weed right because He's worthy.
Speaker 5: That's kind of church.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yes, blazes and worship.
Speaker 3: Blaze and worship. They's singing everything, even.
Speaker 1: Steve, what do I need my neck? Yeah, I'm yelling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's my type of church.
Speaker 5: I mean, at the end of the day, ain't that when you feel your most spiritual and kind yourself.
Speaker 3: I don't even smoke often at all, because I personally.
Speaker 5: Don't like the way we make me feel. But at the end of my wee journey when I do smoke, it's a spiritual one of clarity. But I don't like the role that I get to to get there.
Speaker 3: Me and Steven just listening to that interet Oh, I hate that journey. I'm too high. I don't like that journey. I gotta call my family and stuff. But black.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but but we created our own hubs. They's even this dude in New Orleans named DC Paul. He's always creating something in New Orleans so that we could keep the culture alive because we don't really frequent Frenchmen as much as we used to. So they create their own They create their own stuff, and it's really a who's who, like you have to know what's going on to know what's going on. I love that because I've seen Essence recreates that during their weekend sometimes in New Orleans and they do their own little speak easy and then people's houses in the area and stuff. So now I get it so good as a New Orleans person.
Speaker 3: You love Essence. I just want to oh, layla. We love Essence. Okay, we love Essence.
Speaker 4: We love it.
Speaker 5: We love the super lounges more than anything. We love to see the celebrities just walking around. We love to get a picture in.
Speaker 3: We love it all. We really do.
Speaker 4: You know what? I think?
Speaker 1: It's it's visited it.
Speaker 3: I was sorry, wait, no, it's God.
Speaker 5: I'm just crying because ain't know it's the first year, ain't have it because of codepened next year.
Speaker 4: You know something, it's it's weird because.
Speaker 7: You know it's it's I don't think it's a coincidence that every twenties, eighteen twenty, nineteen twenty, it always starts with a plague, and there's always a culture of like something. Well, you know, nineteen twenties, it was prohibition. The twenties, yeah, right, the Raring twenties, and they had like underground So I would imagine that, especially in the city known for its partying, that there's probably going to be more underground speakeasys, which you know, this is less about the alcohol and the weed and more about survival.
Speaker 1: So it's almost like what do you do? Do you just say fuck it and do social roulette or.
Speaker 5: At least take the temperature at the door. They doing that in Mexico. That's all I'm saying that that at least be Mexico. Right, We've been in Mexico in some places they just didn't. But I'll tell you right now, though none of that stuff is going on right now. Everybody in you all is just doing all love of stuff. The most progressive thing that we've done to try to get everybody together, we had the first drive of concert months ago.
Speaker 6: How well that was.
Speaker 3: Guess what it was. It was the hottest thing I've ever done in my life.
Speaker 5: I thought I was going to pass out because I hadn't performed in a while, so it kind of actually got to me that heat. And it was a very long set and you know, the people was out in their calls and you already know where you're perform and it's a transference of energy. I need you'all energy so I could give you something.
Speaker 3: There was fall it was. It was weird.
Speaker 5: But the ones after that I've done, because I've done at least four pull up shows, they've been they've been dope. Mississippi was weird as hell. It was the day that Trump lass. It was very odd, very awkward. Shrieport was a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: Ooh, y'all. It really was something you could feel it.
Speaker 6: With Jackson like jack.
Speaker 3: It was different. It was different.
Speaker 5: But I'm not gonna speak for all Jackson Mississippians. I'm gonna speak for the particular people that was at this one that was here.
Speaker 3: You know that it was.
Speaker 5: It was full of a lot of Republicans people. We opened up the show with the national anthem on guitar and uh, they were standing up, you know. They was proud as hell. That's interesting. I didn't I don't expect that of that tank in the Banks show. We actually started off a lot with the national anthemis today. We did it kind of in a a justice must prevail type.
Speaker 3: Way, you know, that way they saw it.
Speaker 5: I think they saw it in like a trumpet, That's what I would say. I don't know, but no, I'm surprised that you had an audience. Yeah, it was definitely believe that.
Speaker 3: I believe that. I just I was surprised that the audience was responding like that, like I'm bron Oh. It was so prised.
Speaker 5: Jack Sutton mess said there it was a proud wow you said like that, Jack something, this is.
Speaker 7: So At what point when did you realize that you had this, this voice at least enough to start doing this as a profession. You really be doing this podcast in your bed like this, I'd be Chillingna Richie and Michael Jackson on their idiest looking.
Speaker 3: A little background. Is that a very sexy?
Speaker 7: It was like, yeah, I'm being fully transparent. If my girlfriend is, you know, she's very stylish.
Speaker 1: So I just lived here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sorry to get off the schedule. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I realized I had the gift when I was at my grandparents' fiftieth wedding anniversary and I was supposed to be doing a poem for them by Adrian Hardest. And I practiced the poem so much I knew I was gonna kill it. But I got up there and I fucked it up. I sucked it up real bad. I just kept looking at the paper. I kept looking at it.
Speaker 3: I thought, I remember when I had the door. I guess I did.
Speaker 5: My nerves get the best of me sometimes. But my grandma she saw something in me. She brought me to every church. Before my grandfather would speak, I would do this poem. I got stronger and stronger in his poem. Children used to be laughing at me and stuff, but I was doing it well.
Speaker 3: I just knew I had some going for me. And I didn't think that I was the best singer, because my sister saying I wrote better than that saying. So I just wrote a lot.
Speaker 5: And then I got up in there poetry group. And then that's when, since I could sing better than all of them, I mean they poets, I just gave me just.
Speaker 3: That much more confidence. Wow, what was the first voice? I'm just I'm sorry because she got a lot of voices. What was I do was? I am a serious child. I am a serious child with serious goals, and if it takes hard work to reach my goals, I will do it. Man. That's how that poem went.
Speaker 6: Like that's voice over dudes, like.
Speaker 7: You, guys, you have to have multiple voices like this, duplicitous, multiple voices that you use on stage.
Speaker 1: Like where does it come from?
Speaker 3: All them brothers and sisters playing them Barbie dolls? So long? I play with my I.
Speaker 5: Play with my dolls until I was eighteen. If I go to the store right now and I see a doll, you know, they don't really make them as cool as they used to.
Speaker 3: But if I see one with.
Speaker 5: The perfect lips and fingers and eyes, I'm really interested in buying her and I will play with her. I played with the dolls for a while, so it just I think it just kind of came natural, and just watching so much Disney, that's fascinating you post cabbage Patch kids, So that's very I had a doll, or I had a I mean, I had the baby what you even called it you call a cabbage patch a baby doll, or you just call it a cabbage patch.
Speaker 3: I had a yeah with the little belly bun, this with that hard ass head that so as but yes.
Speaker 7: Well I hope, I hope your manager and the agent are trying to figure out how to at least animate like I think you guys should have your own cartoon.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know it'd be working. That sounds like a cartoon show. It sounds about it. Yeah, taking the bangause that sounds like a cartoon.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll develop this.
Speaker 3: Let's do it because I have the drawings.
Speaker 6: We have the drawings.
Speaker 5: What was you?
Speaker 6: You said you did your first voice over? What was it? What did you just do?
Speaker 5: It's for a show called Turtle Rock, and it's it's so funny because I'm a turtle or am I a turtle?
Speaker 3: She looked like a turtle. I think I'm a turtle. Okay, I'm a turtle that helps another turtle come out of her shell. And so that's so funny.
Speaker 5: And it's definitely about it's definitely about music and basically kind of hide kind of it's healing and this this turtle is very insecure. She she try to comes off like, hey you guys, I would love to play in your band. But inside she's like, damn, did I just say that?
Speaker 3: I sound so stupid.
Speaker 6: I sound so damn.
Speaker 5: Let me say let me try to do it again, all that type of stuff. I think it's gonna it's gonna help. It's gonna help kids.
Speaker 3: It's for kids.
Speaker 6: That's so dope. Man, congratulations on that.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I've always wanted to do something like that.
Speaker 5: So this little time off, you know, it's crazy, it's incredibly unfortunate, but it has definitely helped me out. I need did to break from the road. Number one, The road was becoming a lot. You never realized that the road is a hard life. You loving, you chilling, but then you get off. You like, damn, my knee hurt, My hurt?
Speaker 3: Whoa, my knee ain't getting better. It's been three months, you know. And you also noticed I woke up. It's a KFC. You know what I'm saying. It's m C subwhere Kemsey somewhere Kelsey? You like that is horrible. The food is horrible.
Speaker 5: You know, you're trying to sleep well, your back hurt, You're waking up. It's like so I never realized it. But it is a hard life and I never even thought about it. But the greats have died young, so you know it's something that you love to do and you want to do it, but you don't realize. Damn, this is a this is an interesting life. I've chose if I could do it again, I would do it again. I would be more in shape.
Speaker 3: Thought I'm trying. It worked for me, you know, old on the call and then lost the whole person, so you know, believe.
Speaker 6: The whole person, not for real?
Speaker 3: Your tank and amazing. How did you know from going from doing poetry that you could lead a band?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: How did you even know what that meant? And what does that mean to you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Where where does Joshua and Norman and the rest of the guys coming into place?
Speaker 5: They're so annoying, Quesse, tell me if I'm wrong or not. But did you ever say that the key to staying together is different tour buses?
Speaker 6: Yea, that direct? That's a direct?
Speaker 5: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: And guess what it's true?
Speaker 5: The smokers riding one bus, the non smokers riding another one. And guess what that that's different And it's really different. People like the smokers are very different in the car from the non smoking. The non smoking ban's kind of like the nerd Vand when I think about it, I'm in the non smoking ban.
Speaker 3: It's a nerdy vand always on time.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing. Okay, so more more, more advice from a mirror.
Speaker 7: I say, yes, I say that the key to our success is separatory of us is However, I'm learning now, Okay, I'm learning a term I never used before, and that's called making sure that you're clear, which I guess if you're in a marriage, that's the equivalent of making sure that you don't go to bread bed angry.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 7: And it might seem kind of weird to clear with people who is not your like romantic life partner.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's easy for me to go to Grace City, like, hey, I'm not clear on something you said something earlier that I felt some sort of way about Dad, where it's it's.
Speaker 1: Kind of weird, like, oh god, am I really admitting this?
Speaker 3: No, no, please, it's helping.
Speaker 7: Really having our first real, like an evolved adult conversations now, like because you know, I thought he was going to laugh at me, Like yeah, you know, I'm doing counseling lately and you know, figure out my life and da da da da. You know, before you be like, man, I don't want niggas know that's laughing. I think I'm being whipped in the house. But my girlfriend, you know, and to find out like he was doing it two years before, I was, Wow, I was late. But what I'm saying is that what's what's important that I would do again is sometimes you do as the leader. I'm a highly reluctant leader and every all of my entities and so sometimes as the leader, you're gonna have to just make you know, half meetings, make sure that everyone's okay for by the safe space for them to riff about stuff or whatever. I need a break, you know, the par deem or the dunna you criticize, you criticize the cord I played the other night on stage, blah blah blah. It's important to be clear to make sure that you guys are on ground zero and that you know, because what you don't want is like just to do a show and then you go to your separate corners and then not talk about it, and then there's eighteen years of animosity and building.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that shit festers.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's because the thing is the chemistry that you guys have together on stage, the nucleus of the group and even your side.
Speaker 1: I mean, technically is it is it five of you or eight of you?
Speaker 5: All to the whole Bangoville is freaking one, two, three, four, five, six seven eight.
Speaker 3: That's that's about eight, eight or nine. And but the actual tank in the Bengers is is four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, make sure that that's with the nucleus four that you.
Speaker 4: Have real, real, real I really appreciate that.
Speaker 3: It's the metaphor for that. I'm sorry for the outliers. The metaphor for that's kind of like what Quest and Blacktart are to the greatest, right, right. So your four, that four that you spoke of, its kind of like y'all of the creative hub of everything and the decision makers.
Speaker 5: There's like four owners, which is myself, Joshua Johnson, Norman Spence, and my best friend and manager Tavia Asby, and then the members and the tank and the Bengals is myself, Joshua, Norman, and Albert allenback and the whole Bangaville that's like myself, Alber Norman, josh Jonathan Uh, Danny Abel Uh you can, Jonathan Johnson and Jelica, Jelly, Joseph T and Henderson. It's all these people that basically make the stage show come alive.
Speaker 3: Okay, Can I go back to my original question?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: How did no? No, no, this is good?
Speaker 3: But how did you figure out that this is what you wanted to do and you could do it and what it was to be a band leader? Because I don't I never knew what I was, I never knew what I was doing. I still don't know what I'm doing.
Speaker 5: I know that I was at Slam Poetry, which only gave me three minutes and ten seconds to do my poem, and I realized I needed way more time than that to express myself. I started going to a different open mic that didn't just focus on poetry for music, poetry, expression, all of that stuff. This place called Liberation Lounge, and that's where I met this band, the house band there called the Black Star Beggers. That was that was a guitarist and a bass player, and we decided, man, we won't be like uh, you know, we won't be like Philly. We won't go on a roll with everybody from New Orleans. That's good and make something happen. So everybody we told that too. Only a certain amount of people agreed to come, and we called ourselves the Liberative Soul Collective. And then we all traveled around, you know, rented our first little r V with the tips from the Liberation Lounge, and we we traveled, you know what we could. After a while, I was practically the last man Standley. Somebody else went to Germany, somebody else went to New York, and it was just Triana, tank Ball and the Black Star Bangers. And I thought, damn, that's such a long name. I'm just showing it the tank in the Bangers. I never liked the name. I just started liking it about a year ago. And uh, I wanted to be called Purple Freak.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: What was what was the reason?
Speaker 3: What was the name?
Speaker 6: The reason behind Purple Free?
Speaker 3: The bass player of the original Black Star Bankers gave it that name. He said, I love that name. Freak f R E a q THO, you know, like frequency. And I was like, damn, that's fire, and I stuck with kept them back.
Speaker 6: I worked out pretty damn good.
Speaker 3: I think it did his same.
Speaker 5: You know, it makes people a little curious about what's going on here. But a Tank is a family nickname given to me by my my dad who had passed away.
Speaker 3: He called me Tank.
Speaker 5: I don't even really know why, but it kind of all worked out. The bang, the tank, the army, all that stuff. It just kind of worked out the big sound and make it just kind of interesting that way. But I never I never knew too much about music. I just knew how to make a little melody and songs. On my first show, I wanted to be just me and the guitarist doing some poems and songs. And then the guitarist said, nah, man, you gotta get my man on bass. I ain't know nothing by no bass, I said, I care about no damn bass.
Speaker 3: I just one nice look at town. Don't even know. I'm telling you, Tank, it's gonna ground the show. The bass ground the show.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know that the bass really does ground the show. So I found that out later on.
Speaker 5: And then just pretty soon it just became musicians and the out you know what I'm saying. The two original black Stuff bangers they left.
Speaker 3: And now it's it's just us, you know, and it's some people come in and come out when the season is up. It's up. There's no bad blood. But it just it just be that way, you know.
Speaker 5: But I just feel like, no matter what, I just always have to keep moving forward, no matter what, you know. I want them to be with me on the last days. Want to be the type of band that gets a travel when you're eighty some years old, but don't have to do it all your life because you've made enough money to But it sounded like what the root, So y'all really just y'all did look at this model? When it comes to like, because you mentioned y'all looked at Philly, I'm like, so interesting. I didn't know the story, I didn't know and stuff like that. I just knew that Philly had amazing tackling. I mean, they just always have. I mean I feel like I think of Philly and I think of New Orleans and New York and Chicago. Basically there's type of ugly places that make beautiful concrete roses.
Speaker 3: Because of all the ugly and the ghetto around.
Speaker 5: You, you will ain't got no choice but to make something good with all of this around you but it's not a place to sometimes live because it just it just gets so crazy. But even when I was slamming, uh for Brave New Voices, I mean, oh my god, Phil, it just had some of the best poets like Joshua had been in and Black Ice and everybody. I mean, it's just so freaking amazing. So I've always I always was a fan. I mean, everybody great come from there.
Speaker 1: It's just it's just what it is, you know, it's weird what so.
Speaker 7: And Yeah, in literally in two thousand and five, uh, the top of the year, we decided, like each each record that we recorded, we decided, like, Okay, what's the big project we're going to do now. Down before with the Tipping Point, we built a quasi strip club.
Speaker 1: Really, you know it it seemed that way. Weren't you there for that period?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, that's why I'm like, it was just strip club. I say that it was like stripping as it like taking off the clothes, the titties is exposed, and we talk about a strip club. They had a pole, and.
Speaker 7: It was we built a pole, like my I think our logic was we wanted just based on what our audience was to that point, in two thousand and three, we just wanted more blackfaces. So we figured the best test of it all was to build to turn rehab Our studio into.
Speaker 1: A strip club, and we would invite them to like our jam.
Speaker 7: Sessions, and if they responded favorably to a particular song, then it was like, okay, that can go on the record. Which is why the tipping point is, you know, usually the album that our our core fan base is sort of like where whereas like are the black fan base was sort of like, that's the one up, like, you know, So that's what we catered it to. But for the next record, we were trying to figure out it was between New Orleans and Cuba, and well.
Speaker 1: Just at the time, New Orleans was literally besides DC.
Speaker 7: New Orleans was like the last in our eyes, the last like musical hotbed for musicians that had over three genres because you know, you have bounce music, you had you know, traditional New Orleans, zydga whatever, you alsoid like frontline, different cultures, yeh, jazz and whatnot.
Speaker 1: So we had taken our advance money.
Speaker 7: And we were going to lease uh two houses down there in two thousand and five, So come June we were like, well, let's let's get some money real quick, go to Europe and then maybe around August of two thousand and five, will start recording the record, and literally at the airport in Portugal, like the day before we go to New Orleans.
Speaker 1: That's when Sandy happened.
Speaker 7: So we were like moving from Philadelphia to New Orleans to record.
Speaker 1: What would have been our Game Theory album.
Speaker 3: But this is insane. We would have we would have been friends. This isn't Sun, this isn't that's like some full circle. I learned that. I was today years old when I learned this.
Speaker 6: A lot of shit.
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, people ask like how did to beget in the band? Because the thing was there was a New Orleans brass band down there. The two Beat come on TVC, right, we saw to be continued when there was like kids like back in two thousand ninety nine, two thousand wow, and seeing them on.
Speaker 1: The street corners, it was like they stand on the street.
Speaker 7: Well they adults now, but like back then, it was like, oh man, like they just like us. So coming to New Orleans every time we see TVC there, it was like, oh man, we liked those cats and we were that's why we got two cribs. We were going to like put them in one, put us in the other, and see if we could collaborate and make this magical record together.
Speaker 3: And but y'all still implemented a lot of that into the show though, Right.
Speaker 7: That's how Tuba like eventually like then we started raising money for them. So that's you know, getting Jeff Bratshall and other Brass.
Speaker 3: Members and nobody don't talk about this.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and that's how like Tuba sort of got in the group and we just kept him. But yeah, New Orleans was very much on our minds, which I want to know, like posts, uh posts, I'm about to say, Sandy post Katrina, how heighten it is the community.
Speaker 5: Before COVID, they was really cultivating something really special. They was getting They had almost every other night. It was starting to be like it was pre Katrina when you could find something to do, a place to go. You know, there was there was cultivating there. But if you on a certain type of level, it's just like I told you.
Speaker 3: If you don't know about it, you don't know about.
Speaker 5: It, You're just gonna be like, oh just Frenchman, wag All Bourbon got these type of positions, nothing going on in the city. But if you don't know about these little like y'all like to call them speak easies going on, then you don't know that.
Speaker 3: The youth and the different generation is making little things happen. Of course, they got to keep our mind open as elders, we got to make sure that we always gott to live because you just don't know. You just don't know what's going on.
Speaker 7: And with them, what's on the horizon, What what is musically on the horizon that twelve thirteen, fourteen, fifteen year olders are getting into.
Speaker 1: Because I'm certain by now like little Wayne or hot Boys might be seen as Ellis Marsalis.
Speaker 3: They still love their Little Wayne. But you know, like whatever I thought, I remember you came back.
Speaker 5: I remember when you came back to New Orleans, quest and you had said he was like, were's a little something. I think it was Webby or wee we he was. He was calling out for fift wall weeb and you kept saying his name weird and it was so funny. And then he got off there there why you find why you ain't?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he did.
Speaker 3: Let me find out you going to the other thing. Let me find out. Oh it's such a great it's just a great sound. And but I was there that night and it.
Speaker 5: Was so funny because I was laughing in my head at the time because he was trying to get past me and like, you know, he was acting like a little big shot at the time, and I was like, Hi, Hi, questioning your name wrong? You know when you are all like like little star person and you like, oh, can't nobody tell you ship? The also don't really care about celebrities because they think they ship they so.
Speaker 3: So that was a great night though.
Speaker 5: That was an And the night was that I met you, uh at Rocking Bowl they called him. That's the bowl, Brooklyn Bowl with all of them videos and a background a soul train. Now did they give your little chicken plates? Yeah, you had a little juice and chicken.
Speaker 3: You ain't tied the soel tree yet, God damn you into it. That's funny, just on.
Speaker 4: His entire crew.
Speaker 1: Play me for a boke bowl Chicken. I'm telling you, chicken is good.
Speaker 6: It's good.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's it's less. It's less you and your partner that hates you. So he tried to come at me last week on Twitter about it.
Speaker 3: Better because it's free.
Speaker 1: One set. That's what he said.
Speaker 6: Now we're talking about food. Is uh tank? Is Melbourne still popping in New Orleans?
Speaker 3: Oh Jesus bro, what's that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Melbourne is one of the most I only went once only, but it was no, they don't. It was like, so we went on it's late. That's when we went. It was like two in the morning. It was some crazy ship like that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's like it was like a laundrymat right next to it, connected to it, and then it's like a lawyer that had his office in the back.
Speaker 6: It was the weirdest ship. I love that.
Speaker 3: And don't the line move so slow?
Speaker 6: Slow?
Speaker 3: And so oh y'all?
Speaker 5: So I said, y'all need a different process. Yeah, the food already done, y'all. It's kind of like you guess want to be serving it like a lunch lady. But they've been taking all along.
Speaker 3: I really thank you. How you're like people that's a little slow, you know what.
Speaker 1: I want to turn this around.
Speaker 7: I wanted to turn this around because I imagine you can tell lazy journalists if the third question they ask you is about the food in New Orleans, if the first four questions about the food in New Orleans. However, since we're already here, I want to I want to take the reverse angle, since New Orleans is known for so many iconic foods. Yes, in your opinion, which which one is overrated?
Speaker 3: What's overrated?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: That's a good one.
Speaker 4: I want to ask you New Orleans like resident like what.
Speaker 6: I have it answer? But it could be love. I'm not gonna all right in shure it would be controversial. Let's let's go.
Speaker 3: Because let me he about to say, Ben say it not fun? Crazy? This?
Speaker 5: How is?
Speaker 1: This is how I feel.
Speaker 5: I feel like depending on the shelf, ain't nothing overrated? Everything good, my gumbo, good, my chalk, gril all it's is good, my my, my shrimp. No, I'm just talking about the fact that I feel like I own this, you know what I'm saying, My short and poor boy, my hot sausage on French when it's dumb.
Speaker 6: It ain't do the gumbo with with with okra like I don't like the okra. I can't im not.
Speaker 3: I don't want that either. I don't want that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, I want that. Yeah, I can't do this line what termed me when I went there?
Speaker 8: I went for New Orleans, and I went for Mary Ground, like twenty twelve, and I want my homies. His homies came through his house and he made a catfish kobe on.
Speaker 6: Nika. I don't let me tell you something, nigga, don't play me like that. I'm a little languages. It's cool.
Speaker 8: C O U R T b o U I L l O N kob on. It's in a red sauce. It's in it's it's like a catfish. It's in a red sauce.
Speaker 6: You don't like red sauce, guess brown, Guess what I like.
Speaker 3: I like that license sauce.
Speaker 5: I like the licekin sauce, just like a but a limit look like like a shrimp pasta Alfredo type.
Speaker 6: That you you're like a creamy I do.
Speaker 3: I love to put around a little folk, little fun. You know what I'm saying. I really really like Alfred whatever you spelled. You spelt it out, okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my computer smart caffish.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 6: And then.
Speaker 5: I can, I said, when they correct me when I'm writing, like like it, just write a black name.
Speaker 3: When I'm writing a black name with me, I really get upset with that.
Speaker 1: Did you mean Mary?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I meant, and I know what the hell I'm talking about.
Speaker 6: I like the I like crawfish. Mama boys, he has a homie that makes crawfish sausage.
Speaker 3: Like crawfish. Now that's the giddyap. Now that's a sausage.
Speaker 6: Crawfish sausage. But it's amazing.
Speaker 3: There is no rewarding crawfish. There is just like no reward. There is no rewarding fish. It's gonna eat you a crab. Go on, man, all that to get you a little something. Let me tell you, let me tell you, let me talk to him, let me tell me, Let me tell you.
Speaker 5: What it's about it. Let me tell you what it's about. Number one, it's cultural, it's community. You eat them with everybody else and you just talking. You don't much realize you're doing all that social. Yeah, it's very social. And the fact that you get a big when you get a fan into and not only is me you sucking and you kieling it. You you got all the little parts. And personally, for me, most of my COVID was sent was was spent with a thing up with a bag of crawfish, just watching you.
Speaker 3: I understand, but you shoul unerstand. I from DC. When we eat crabs more, I don't like no crab. I don't like them all right, you need to.
Speaker 1: I'm literally about the order some right now that we describe it.
Speaker 3: I like crawfish of crawfish, crams of crawfish, crawfish, crabs.
Speaker 4: Know there's a spot in New York. Uh.
Speaker 7: I don't want to get struck down by the culinary GUIDs of New Orleans. I will say that it's close enough. It's called the boil.
Speaker 3: I think I got to the boil and I had a good time.
Speaker 6: I had a good time.
Speaker 3: Ail, Yeah, yeah, I had a good time. Oh my god, why are we now? We got getting hungry? We getting off this? Oh your lot, your little I'm gonna sign too. Ship.
Speaker 1: So wait, you're saying that Okra is the the one overrated New Orleans.
Speaker 6: That's what he said, Well, no, she said is nothing is overrated. The right chef is cooking it. She said nothing, that's right. But we agree and that we don't like Okrah in the gumbo. We agree on that.
Speaker 3: I'm just one of those people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't like Okra and gumble that's what I don't like it. I don't know how I'm not really good at peeling like a crab. So I like the crab in my gumbo for flavor, but I will not eat a crab in my gumbo.
Speaker 1: I'm not a crab person.
Speaker 3: I don't like oysters, but I like me some charboils and I do too. I did tom holding it.
Speaker 5: The way we make them in the wall is this little for this particular place that put the spinach on it? And the baby what the bees are called? The rock a Fellow Records of the rock Fellow Records, Rock a Feller, Get done.
Speaker 6: The girl love us?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Rockafellow Records, Oyster, the Rockefellow Records, Oh did the Rockefeller Oysters?
Speaker 3: And mister Edg's okay, Lord, okay, I get missed the bees.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like.
Speaker 5: I like mister that's in a little mini mall, but stand out right, and I think that I think they have one. They probably have one up in the mall. But the one I go to his own Carrollton, and I always gonna get the fried chicken, the jumba lion, some potato said, and that's the first time I had.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Who for you?
Speaker 4: Who for you?
Speaker 6: If you do it at all? Who does the best? King cake for you.
Speaker 5: I just I never go and get one specific I'm not. I don't have like a tradition like I gotta go ahead and get the king cake. Whoever got a piece of king cake. I'm gonna take a bite.
Speaker 3: Of king cake. You know what I'm saying, A piece. I would take a bite of it. And I'm hope I don't got the baby. You know he was young.
Speaker 5: If you got the baby, I mean, you had to buy the next king cake for your class. And sometimes my man got no money for the motherfucker king cake.
Speaker 3: So you was you want the baby, but you don't want the responsibility of a baby. Kind of like life, kind of.
Speaker 1: Like I didn't know there was a penalty for getting the baby.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah you got about the next cake, about the next one?
Speaker 3: Yeah you got I just like hearing her say baby, Oh I just love it. Yeah, get the baby.
Speaker 5: Yeah you gotta get you if you get the baby, you gotta you gotta, you gotta buy the next cake. And you know, my man got the money all the time, so sometimes you got the baby.
Speaker 6: Do you do your poor boy, you do yours fully dressed like what you do on yours? Like what's your what's I know.
Speaker 4: Everything.
Speaker 1: Taking a three minute break.
Speaker 3: To as I look at all my groceries over here.
Speaker 6: What are you what you.
Speaker 5: Tonight?
Speaker 3: It is gonna be real simple. It's pressure chicken.
Speaker 4: I speak like this chicken.
Speaker 6: What you doing just to night?
Speaker 3: It may be some macaroni and cheese and some chicken. It just mean it's something like, what the what the what the betchure you're gonna do? Because with the vegie it may be the salad, it may be it may be may but guess what vegetables. No, it don't matter.
Speaker 1: You do what you do your thing.
Speaker 3: Girl. Man of years is coming. They are. I was going, I was gonna everybody and nobody aging and reverse. We're all moving forward. You know, we don't, but we do, trust I think about it.
Speaker 5: But as far as that shrimp po boy, it just gotta be fully dressed. No, I want to cheese with my shrimp, just for the dress. You know, let us tomatoes. You know, a nice amount of mayonnaise. I do like that on my shrimp po boy. And I like the bread to be, you know, nice and fresh. Not we just cut it and then you eat it and the shrimps are falling out. I love when the shrimps are falling out because I get to eat them last, because that means my meal not dumb. I mean, I got, you know, I got like a treat after you know, I love.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 7: When this is all over and you're touring again, when y'all come to Philadelphia, I'm.
Speaker 3: Not even excited to tour again.
Speaker 6: Can we just talk about it?
Speaker 3: My knee, my knee?
Speaker 7: You miss it?
Speaker 3: No right now, I mean, let me put it like this. Let me put it like this. If we have another year like this, then I'm scared.
Speaker 6: Then then scared in what way scared and what stare in a way of like.
Speaker 5: Whoa, what's what's the future about to be? Like what's what's about the heck? Like what's about the whoa minute? And financially to financial Yeah, that that's that's scary. A good thing about us is you know the way that tanking the bangers like set up our particular council that the founding members will we put money aside to be straight in a.
Speaker 3: Time like this. But yeah, that's going down, you know.
Speaker 5: So, But thank god for gigs, virtual gigs, private companies still want us to do things. Myself, personally, I've been doing so many things. So even though tour has stopped, the rest of my life been kind of crazy. I mean, we recorded so many songs and the EP coming out, and we recorded so many because we literally allocated Tuesdays and thursdays these are our creative days to get together and create music.
Speaker 3: So we we did a lot. We did a lot.
Speaker 1: How close are you to bring this album? Four?
Speaker 5: Well, the EP will come out in about three days and uh, that's that's that's the friend goal was one of the one where we just found a bunch of artists that we like and just kind of created with them.
Speaker 3: I created that, like created a song with Black Thought too. I don't know if you know that, but we did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes we don't communicate.
Speaker 4: This is one of the.
Speaker 6: Brothers that's like, yeah, joint is coming.
Speaker 5: Jay so that's Jamie was uh, Jelly and p J Martin Duck word's cheek.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's a lot and we had a lot of fun.
Speaker 5: It was a very interesting collab and you know, mass mixing stuff like real time with the zoom type stuff.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 5: It was interesting, but had a good time because we built our own studios in the houses and I felt less pressure, you know, like I'm not on studio.
Speaker 3: Time and you know, to read and mess up and you know, y'all take can you can you put us on real quick because you mentioned p J.
Speaker 5: Of course, you know, we know, let us see, but put us on to somebody, to New Orleans folks that oh for sure.
Speaker 3: I'm Ray Perkins. Perkins is really amazing. She minds. But I'm bray like but but the a I'm Bray Perkins. You know, cool, cool, nasty as a band. They do their thing. There is a what that boy name is? That boy name is Berkeley the Artist, That's what he calls hisself. And somebody that I'm a pale you gotta get on him. I am a big fan of him.
Speaker 6: And uh does p E L L.
Speaker 3: Ray Wimbley Ray is really special y'all?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh I'm okay, I know I'm break. You know rock Nation its ship?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Karen Green, Tanya boy can damn all right, Larry Kill. There's a somebody called take and get her Spotify playlist something. So my kid, Javonne, when you said that, that made me think about my New Orleans playlist.
Speaker 3: Sweet crude, Oh in this band that I really love. It's so weird. I want you to get on them, quest particularly what their name is their music be like that Paris and what the hell? Then boys call him weird ass boys? Them boys are called I forgot.
Speaker 5: I want to send it to you because I want to go about scot of five playlist. Maybe I'll share you with my New Orleans playlist. Yeah yeah, I can't believe with the.
Speaker 6: New joint that are you about to put out?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 6: Are you guys still with verb or you doing it yourself? Or what's Yeah?
Speaker 3: We're still We're still with verbs?
Speaker 6: How was that situation?
Speaker 2: How is that?
Speaker 6: I like it.
Speaker 3: I I thought that life would be very different after we signed. You know, I thought, he'll come to bet Waves up, He'll come to Fire and you know what I'm saying, He'll come to Pyro and the in the in the screen in the back of me. You know what I'm saying showing Yeah, baby, come to dancers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's coming. Yeah, I guarantee you it's Oh.
Speaker 3: I didn't know. I had to do it myself. I didn't know myself.
Speaker 6: Come on, no, I mean no, it's that's just what it is.
Speaker 3: Like you.
Speaker 6: I mean, if you got a label if the label's look good.
Speaker 8: But I've been in I've been on just about any kind of label you can think, in the major everything in between.
Speaker 3: Still, you gotta do it all yourself.
Speaker 6: Old label is gonna work harder for you than you work for yourself, period.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 5: Then I gotta turn it up. I thought they I thought I thought it was going to be that way. But from my personal experience with a label, I found that they basically introduced me to people that I probably wouldn't have met on my own.
Speaker 3: They funked the money for some of it, and they placed their opinion in your music. That's what I have found.
Speaker 1: How excited? Speaking of which, how excited were you the morning? And yes, I voted for you. You get the grammar.
Speaker 3: I heard it. They told me. My friend came in the room because we lived together at the time. She said, Tank, you grabbed me donated. I said what? And my first thought was I want to do? Was the Cderguary, And then I went, that's what that?
Speaker 5: And I went back to sleep, and then it wasn't And then like you start getting all these little news outlets coming to you, you know, the rest in the middle of your day, and then I member, I was riding like a little mopad through the city and then like the tears just started coming down.
Speaker 3: My eyes, you know.
Speaker 4: I went.
Speaker 3: And then that's when, you know, that's when it hit me.
Speaker 5: It hit me a little later on in the day, but I'm happy that it hit me period, and a lot of people wouldn't notice. But I was more happy not to win when they called, when they didn't call our name, because I never, I never, I never was so scared in my life.
Speaker 3: I just don't know.
Speaker 5: I had all this anxiety over me, something that I don't even like really deal with, anxiety all over me. I was sweating, I was hot, I could breath. My head started pounding like this, and I was like, please don't call my name, Please don't call my name, please they come.
Speaker 3: And so when they called Billy name, I went.
Speaker 5: And they had I remember had an article saying tanking the bank of clap enthusiastically as Billy what. I'm like, I'm clapping because I didn't walk to at the time, because I just knew that if I stood up, I was gonna fall out.
Speaker 6: I understand.
Speaker 8: Because now it is because once you win, it's like now that's a million strangers in my life. You know, people that you know what I'm saying, Like people they probably didn't give a funk about me yesterday or hell, five minutes ago until I won.
Speaker 6: Now that's just a whole new thing.
Speaker 8: And it's like, yeah, I'm very nervous about white women in Kansas knowing who I am.
Speaker 1: Like, that's just.
Speaker 5: I don't even know why I didn't want to know. I even know why I didn't want to. It was only that moment that I didn't want to. It wasn't the whole time I didn't want to.
Speaker 3: I didn't care.
Speaker 7: Nervous anxiety. It's a relief when you don't do it. Yeah, it's anxiety. I did the same thing you did and kept saying we're not gonna win, We're not gonna win, We're not gonna win.
Speaker 1: That I didn't even hear movie y'all want our name. Wow, we're not gonna win. We're not gonna win win. And then I saw, come on, stand up, I'm like what what?
Speaker 3: And what? Oh? I sound so excited. It sounds exciting. I see, I'll be ready. I'm less scared now.
Speaker 5: It's amazing what this like, this whole tradition can do to folks, like the Grammy tradition is interesting.
Speaker 3: It's like with all of the good and the bad. It's like feel something that everybody wants. I want all love the gifts. I love the gifts, all that the gift bad yo, talk about it?
Speaker 8: What you mean, dude, No, I mean to get Like when we because we got nominated in twenty again we got nominated and it was the same thing with you tak like christ Yeah. They came and called and told me and like I was sweet and my wife at time told you like y'all got nomine for Grammy.
Speaker 6: I was like, all right, cool, I went back to sleep.
Speaker 8: But it wasn't until I saw everyone else's reaction, Like when I was like why, like all these.
Speaker 6: Damn texts, I was like what the f and my Twitter was going crazy. I was like ship.
Speaker 8: But yeah, when we went out there for like Grammy Week, like all the little parties in the gift like ye ship that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they still doing the giftings. We used to take.
Speaker 7: My skateboards, my advanced skateboards that I'm gonna give away for Christmas just arrived like a month. It was a gift rohim so I don't have to buy Christmas gifts for anyone under the age of fourteen.
Speaker 5: You know, they calmed down telling the public that stuff because they was giving away like cruises and all this kind of other.
Speaker 3: You still yet it's like, I got no let me.
Speaker 5: They give those nice headphones with what's called boc or balls.
Speaker 3: But I do let that adress, but something bout those. They They gave me some Louis Baton headphones, like like situation they gave me.
Speaker 5: They gave us really nice luggage and it was so funny because we had all these guests, but we were going to Japan the next day, so we had to give all our gifts our family to bring back and it was it was it was crazy. We didn't we didn't even much care. It was like, man, we're going to Japan tomorrow. Like Grammy, that's great, but we're going to Japan, man whatever.
Speaker 3: So uh it was. It's just an incredible week.
Speaker 7: The category two, like Chappelle got a car for sliding the family stone, So it depends on the level of I love.
Speaker 5: That I was right next to Dave Chappelle at the Roots show. I was about and yes and he and he spoke to me and he gave me a compliment, girl, you killed that fucking stage that night.
Speaker 3: I was like, I had a good time.
Speaker 5: I always think it's so interesting that at the Picnics, I feel that the roots are incredibly dialed into the current talent because they always get like the great up and comings and the people that's really making a great name be like right underneath that bubbling surface.
Speaker 3: I'm like, this lineup is always really good.
Speaker 1: To be honest with you, we we plan.
Speaker 4: Too.
Speaker 3: We both yeah, both with that picnic is really what with the picnic?
Speaker 4: We plan.
Speaker 7: We plan literally a week after it's over, because you gotta get you gotta get someone with their brand new before their their price goes up. Which is why that's how we got the week We got the weekend at his cheap price.
Speaker 3: When he was Monday. He was Monday.
Speaker 6: It got the weekend when.
Speaker 1: He was the workday.
Speaker 7: Like literally literally literally like the day the day before that, uh popping tags at like debuted at number one what's his name, I'm going to Matt Lamore's price was like a nice friendly maybe seventy five hundred, and like he jumped instantly, like seventy five thousand, were like, you're already saying.
Speaker 5: You're gonna take this Sun to five and you're gonna be like and you're gonna pop some tags my nigga.
Speaker 3: Okay, you good. Yeah, it's always always good line up.
Speaker 5: It's the it's the lineup you want to see, like what's going to be here because they're always they always got the pulse.
Speaker 3: I call it the pulse y. You know what's going on here?
Speaker 4: One one year, we won't be able to afford you And been like.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was always gonna Doos was like an opening act.
Speaker 1: Migos was an opening act on like they.
Speaker 4: Were like the bottom tier.
Speaker 5: We were freaking traveling around with the Migos in Europe, like every freaking festival we did, we did they had massive crowds and they would just be walking around saying stuff.
Speaker 3: Like chicken Wang, Thanksgiving, galic ring.
Speaker 5: It was just so simple and I couldn't believe the way that they was controlling the crowd.
Speaker 3: And here I am sweating and ship all my edges go.
Speaker 5: But and I'm like, using five thousand voices, I got my band women, you just gotta beat it.
Speaker 3: And then y'all getting the marsh to.
Speaker 6: This is unfair.
Speaker 1: You're you're you're you're well on your way, you're down there.
Speaker 6: And there, and you know that doesn't feel that way.
Speaker 3: It's crazy he would even say that.
Speaker 5: You know, these days it feels like everything has been sucked into this black hole that you put out because you work all this hall putting so much.
Speaker 3: Then like the next day it's old. You know, it's over the moment.
Speaker 5: Somebody can literally flick their little thumb and it's and they're onto the next thing to entice them or you know, stimulate them.
Speaker 3: It's just over so quickly.
Speaker 5: I almost feel a little sorry for the artists in this time because you're just just doing so much trying to it's defining. You got to prove yourself as a dresser out there. Y'all have a catalog that people will always continue to go back to because.
Speaker 6: You gotta pay exactly.
Speaker 3: That's what it's about when they come back, you know.
Speaker 7: And that's that's what I appreciate about you guys, is that you know it's it's not it wasn't overnight and sex whatever. It's like a very slow, uh but steady rise to the next level. And with more records coming out and whatnot. You know again, Hopefully one day we we cannot afford. One day the roots will play the banger ball.
Speaker 3: That to the family. Wait is that something that doesn't doesn't exist? Already?
Speaker 6: It does now we just said.
Speaker 1: We're sence, you gotta do it.
Speaker 3: Guess what it's the next week at for Zulu.
Speaker 1: There you go. I thank you very much for doing this show for real.
Speaker 3: We still want to.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and before we go, man, I just want to say thank you, just personally, thank you for Hot air Balloons.
Speaker 6: I love that, you know, alex Osley. Alex Osley, that's like I mean, I you know, that's I love her to death. You guys, y'all did y'all did it with that ship. I love it.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much. I love that. It makes me feel so good you even listening.
Speaker 5: I want to let y'all know, this was like I don't know. First of all, it's one of the best zooms I ever had.
Speaker 3: It was like it was like real. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: It's like I'm really I feel like I'm really there with y'all, like we almost up in up.
Speaker 3: In later living room. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I just tell you, look I'm gonna just tell you just I don't really care how you say my name, but it's like it because somebody isn't it.
Speaker 3: It's like that's exactly. It don't matter because you make it sound good anyway.
Speaker 6: About to say the way she says, you know, I thought I saw ail.
Speaker 3: In it, but I was wrong. It was an I know you ain't the first, you ain't the last. You worried about that?
Speaker 7: Sound from now on, r and behalf of Unpaid Bill Fonticle, Sugar Steve Layla, Yo, Tank, We thank you so much.
Speaker 6: No, this is so much fun.
Speaker 7: You've been listening to Quest Love Supreme and we will see you next week and the next go round of this awesome ass podcast.
Speaker 6: Thank you very much, Yo, what's up? This is fante.
Speaker 8: Make sure you keep up with us on Instagram at QLs and let us know what you think and who should be next to sit down with us. Don't forget to subscribe to our podcast, all right, peace.
Speaker 2: Quest Love Supreme is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.