Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Now let's take a look at some of the stocks on the move today in Europe. I'm Lizzie Birding with Stephen Carroll and we're joined by Bloomberg's Breaking News editor Louise Moon.
Speaker 4: Do we want to start with Daggio?
Speaker 3: Their top team might want to have one of their own stiff drinks after this set of numbers.
Speaker 1: Indeed, yes, So the focus is really on ahead, what's next? So do Ido have cut guidance for the second time this fiscal year.
Speaker 4: They also cut their dividend.
Speaker 1: That's to shore up their own balance sheet, and it's not being taken too well by market. So Chares slumped, they're the biggest well, they are the biggest fallow on the foot Sea hundred at the moment, extending losses over the past year, so not being taken too well. Essentially, this is all Dadio continuing to grapple with ongoing challenges been facing for a while. So that's you know, changing and waning demand for alcohol, particularly a slump in China tariffs, increased competition, so they're facing a lot of headwinds. And while a reset kind of wasn't expected today, it kind of laid bare the scale of the challenge of a recovery. Obviously, they had a new CEO who came in at the beginning of January, Dave Lewis. He's known his nickname Drastic Dave. He's known for his turnarounds at Tesco and a Unilever, so quite a lot of expectation there as to what he will do. He said on various calls with reporters. He said that the dividend cut was hard but necessary. He's working on an updated strategy, so that will come later. He's pledged to act, in his words, more decisively to boost both d IGO's competitiveness and also broadness portfolio out and he said that there will be some disposals.
Speaker 4: THEO has already been cutting some units.
Speaker 1: He said that there will be some disposals when needed, but they won't do that cheaply. They won't do that on the cheap And he sees, you know, more opportunity and more what he calls mass market drinks, so's there's a potentially a lot of change coming and that's what's really what people are really waiting for, what he's going to implement as given his past. But what's really been focused on this morning is that cut to guidance, send that cut to the dividend.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that's on Diagio though, shows down five point eight percent of the moment.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Santander next and their owningxide this morning as well. Yeah, so big numbers from Santa DA this morning. They have vowed to grow their net income to more than twenty billion euros in twenty twenty eight. So alys forecast had been for just under nineteen billion, so a big well quite a bit bigger than that, you know, one more billion, just over one more billion, bigger than that. Then income last year, for a bit of context in comparison, was already at a record that was about fourteen billion, so really a pusher head for their financial targets going forward. Profitability has already surged over the past few years, partly due to higher interest rates and you know, the shares more than doublin trying to twenty fives that are already doing well, but boosting those financial goals and this all essentially follows their buy out of a US lenders that's Webster Financial Corporation, that was the largest takeover of US bank by a continent or European bank. Obviously increases their customer base and on the back of that, they're really boosting those financial targets. So shares in Santander rising in Spain this morning.
Speaker 3: No, Laois, I'm sure we all fantasize about how much our colleagues are going to cry when we leave a job. Not that any of us are planning to do that anytime soon, but the CEO of train Line seems to have made the market cry.
Speaker 4: Shareholders are crying, so.
Speaker 1: Going the Yeah, Shares fell over eight percent this morning for train Line, which is obviously the ticketing app in the UK, so that was of their CEO.
Speaker 4: Jody Ford said that he plans to step down.
Speaker 1: He's been in the role for about five years, so a search for successor is in place, and as I say, shares falling on that news so not being taken away by the market. They hit the lowest level since March twenty twenty to this morning, so under him, train Line essentially has been doing well.
Speaker 4: Ticket sales roughly doubled in the UK.
Speaker 1: The international business is also doing well, the enter neew markets, so places like France, Spain, Italy, So yeah, not being taken well. JP Morgan's saying it's untimely. They say that train line is facing quite a challenging chapter ahead. There's you know, nationalization potentially of the market in the UK. There's more competition, there's AI. So despite them reconfirming their guidance, that wasn't quite enough to distract from the CEO change, so shares falling.
Speaker 2: The stock movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to bloom Berg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business App.