Speaker 1: Over Promised with Cavino and Rich, presented by DraftKings Fantasy Sports. Check out what DraftKings has to offer the season with code over Promised. Because life's more fun when you're in on the action DraftKings, the crown is yours.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler age and eligibility restrictions apply. Voidware prohibited. See DraftKings dot com for details.
Speaker 1: Oh would you call me? Look what you did? You wel jerk.
Speaker 2: Welcome to over Promised, brought to you by DraftKings Sports Book Our Bonus Pod Cavino and Rich to hear us on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Happy Holidays. I'm pumped because we just got into the Jelly of the Month club.
Speaker 2: Yeah, buddy, that's a big time right now. That's our bonus. Appreciate that. Thank you giving the whole year round. Yes, I've always said that. Lots to get to today. There's a story about Ryan Garcia, the boxer Ryan Garcia.
Speaker 1: Two stories.
Speaker 2: There's an update about his career, potential huge fight that we got to go to and something he did with his money. You buy your self a Christmas present? Think about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And the rules of adult gift giving is that there's some caveats and shit that people need to understand. I have a new rule.
Speaker 2: Okaylmore, Okay, but let's get into this man before we get into your picks. Rich Miambi Aleck, you're a big Blossom fan, right, whoa big bang theory me and miam Bi Aleck. Well, she's been hosting Jeopardy.
Speaker 1: You're a huge fan.
Speaker 2: Isn't she your isn't she your whole pest? Well, that was between us. Her and Ken Jennings were doing a dual hosting sort of thing of Jeopardy. Look, replacing Alex Trebek is a very difficult task. I don't think anybody can. Right, It's like replacing Derek Jeter short stuff good look, I mean d d. Gregorius did a good job. Vopzebber. Yeah, it's kind of a tough deal. So they were doing this dual thing and because of a writer strike, she dipped out. She's like, you know what, I how dip it out. But while she dipped out, Ken Jennings skills in proved a lot and the producers and there were some differences and things like that. So the producers are like, you know what, We're just going with the one host Ken Jennings. He's the guy, so there's some controversy about her right now, and I just want to know.
Speaker 1: Your thoughts on that before we get into the meat of the Jeopardy story. My thoughts on Blossom. Yeah, great ninety show about Ken Jennings, he the guy. What I think it's pretty cool to think that this guy was just a smart dude that won it because he was so damn good. They're like, yeah, I guess you could host it. Sort of an insult the host if you asked me, I don't think he's that good.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a viral clip Ken Jennings is hosting and the subject is sports positions.
Speaker 1: It infuriates me when you watch game show clips, I think it's by design to upset people like us. But when there's clips of Dufus's nerds, I think the plurals do fi oh, when there's dofi that don't know basic sports knowledge, I'd imagine that's how nerds feel when you or I don't know something about history or geography or something. Right. Yes, yes, but coming from the fact that you and I do show every day on Fox Sports Radio and we're working with DraftKings on over promised. I want you to watch this clip and try not to be infuriated by the common as the twoton common knowledge in the world of sports. These bozos couldn't answer my position.
Speaker 3: Four hundred Joe Namath, Joe Montana, Mason, what is quarterback?
Speaker 1: Right? That was the life of my position.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred Bill Russell, Bill Walton, Hero.
Speaker 4: They are basketball centers Mason, Bob Feller, Bob Lemon, Bob Gibson. But the baseball fixtures this might be a long category two left Mason.
Speaker 1: Hall of Famer by position for sixteen.
Speaker 3: Hundred sports fans. I believe in you. Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, John Stallers.
Speaker 5: Day.
Speaker 4: They are wide receivers and let's finish it off, Gung Warsley, Shrimp Warners.
Speaker 3: Rat Westward. It just sounds like I'm making people up. These are hockey goalies ice hockey. I get it.
Speaker 1: Everyone has a different set of knowledge and skills about that. But Jerry Rice, Bob Gibson, Bill Walton, these are Here's how I gazed this. But we all got to be a little well rounded, right.
Speaker 2: But I'm thinking if my mom knows these names, I think everybody should sort of know these names. We're talking legends. We're not talking just some random people legends. And if you do the math and you figure, you could figure like I didn't know all those goalies, but I'm like, oh, I sound like hockey names goalies in hockey. Again, that was sports by position on Jeopardy to Tye back to sports too, it seems like Ken Jennings sort of WALDI pipped ah Me and be aleck there uh gig little Drew Bledsoell Drew Bledsoe action. He made it happen there, so props to him.
Speaker 1: But this clip went viral and it drove us crazy because we're thinking, how do they not know? But then again, people that know about financing money are shocked when people don't have a four oh one K when people are big history buffs and they're like, you don't know all the presidents and all the foreign leaders and yeah, but you know the capitals. Man, you gotta know a little something. And that's the reminder. The reminder is there's nothing shittier or less attractive in a friendship or a relationship or anything when someone is so one dimensional. You never want to be the person that only knows sports or only no science, like know a little bit of everything.
Speaker 2: That's the key, and that's the reminder here. If you get anything out of our bonus pod, don't be one dimensional.
Speaker 1: Right, But it poses a question.
Speaker 2: You're watching this and it makes you think, well, what's worse an actual nerd?
Speaker 1: Nerds or sports nerd or are they the same?
Speaker 2: Now that would be your stereotypical by the way, it looks kind of like you rich.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that looks like me in ninety two before I came into my own. Let's say put those on. That is rich I got in the archives. Wait, that's high school. That's your high school picture.
Speaker 2: I do that high school pictures in high school.
Speaker 1: No, hey, it's been a minute since I'm saying you guys. Okay, right, so we all know the nerd.
Speaker 2: He ends up on Jeopardy, he ends up being rich because he invented something. He's got a hot model wife. He's the nerd, but he's successful. Right, where's my bow tie? You got the sports fan. I like to consider myself a sports fan. But then you got sports.
Speaker 1: Nerds, and we work with a lot of them.
Speaker 2: We were where there's sports robots where everything they're one dimensional.
Speaker 1: But with sports, yeah, there's there you might be surprised by my answer because I think Spot thinks I'm gonna say the nerd is worse than the sports nerd. I think they're equally guilty because I said, if there's a guy whose whole wardrobe is only like I only wear New York Giants and Yankees jerseys every day, and they paint their face and they really take losses like they're on the team, I think that's ego. Or they're like.
Speaker 2: Patton Oswalt in the movie Big Fan, where they're just calling sports talk radio shows all the time.
Speaker 1: Hey, sports talk I got a hot take for.
Speaker 2: You, first time, long time, Right, one of those guys, and all they do is live sports.
Speaker 1: That could be equally as bad.
Speaker 2: But I'll just give you a nugget to think on then, because I agree they're very similar. Right, So we're saying, what's worse the typical nerd the sports nerd?
Speaker 1: Or are they the same?
Speaker 2: You could say, well, at least a sports nerd is into something that we have for years deemed to be kind of cool.
Speaker 1: I mean, sports is cool. So they're into sports, they're just nerdy about it.
Speaker 2: And I hate when you take a cool subject matter and nerd it up. It's like, all right, dude, now you're making this a nerdy conversation. So we ask you Fox Sports Radio Nation over Promised Nation, what's worse spot any thoughts?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree with you, it's they're The commonality between both is that you're a one dimensional person character. And I could argue you said that like these other things, these fringe things are nerdy. They've become more mainstream than sports, like the Marvel franchises are making billions of dollars.
Speaker 2: Nerd has become cool in today's world. But I'm bringing cool back then I'll be the guy to say it. There's something way nerdier about people LARPing in the field. And granted that's their fun. LARPing is like jousting there they're role playing, like ah, with swords and stuff, and I get it, that's their fun. I'm not judging, but I'm saying, if we're going to pose the question, that's a little nerdier than some people playing some pick up basketball because they are one dimensional sports guys.
Speaker 1: It's not swords, it's s words. Oh so s word.
Speaker 2: So when you think about it that way, I'm giving the edge. Who's worst who's nerdier, the actual the old school nerd. That guy's bad too, but he's not a You know, it's.
Speaker 1: Worse though, the sports guy with the face paint walking out of the stadium after a loss with a beer helmet on. Well, you and I talked about it like a month ago to wrap it up after the World Series. Oh shit, that's like two months ago now after the World Series. Do you remember those guys that had to walk out in their astronaut outfits? Oh yeah, but the Astros lost the Alcs. Those dudes had to walk out dressed like they were NASA astronauts.
Speaker 2: And by the way, here's my my nerdy sports hot take to wrap this up, to get into your picks. You know, Aaron Rodgers said he has a few years left, but you know, the Jets aren't going to promise him a few years till he see what he does next year. Do you think he goes back to see if he has the skills to co host with Ken Jennings and.
Speaker 1: He does some of that again, because he was pretty good. Aaron Rodgers was pretty good, pretty good. He could do it when he's done, He's got a future there. Well, speaking of sports, hey, sports nerds. I got some picks that I'm calling this one like who effen knows? This is like my my rich Day, who the f nos parlay of the week. Because truthfully, I pointed this out the first maybe six seven, eight weeks of the season, I felt like I was the smartest man alive. The last couple of weeks, I don't think it's just me because there's games. As you and I have both said, you can't predict that. You can't predict that one week the Jets get smoked by the Dolphins, but the week before they smoked the Houston Texans who were in a playoff position. It's so unpredictable. But let me give you my three team parlay. Now, I'm gonna combine some of the Thursday and Saturday games. Okay, so we got Thursday night football, Rams and Saints. I like the Rams, who are by the way in the playoff hunt. Yeah, and I think the Saints are trash. They're just in the mix because they're in a bad division.
Speaker 2: I think they're trash for abusing Tommy DeVito's and jest.
Speaker 1: Sure that was a win that I think people are looking at a little too confidently, like Wow, they did really well against the Giants. The Rams money line. I'm not worried about the four points. I'm just going Rams money line on Thursday night. I feel like they're a better team Matthew Stafford. I feel like this team's fighting for a playoff spot and the Saints just in their way. So I like Rams money line Saturday Action. I like the Bengals money line against the Steelers. I know the Steelers are trying to mix it up with their quarterback and they try to do some stuff. Steelers, again, I don't believe in them. I think they're They're the most full, gayzy, five hundred ish team in the National Football League. I think the Steelers are not very good, So I like the Bengals money line. I like the Rams money line on Thursday night. And at DraftKings sports Book, you could toggle the point spread to what you want, like you don't have to go money line or whatever the point spread is. You could say, shit, I want, like I want the Buffalo Bills, who I believe are twelve point favorites, are eleven and a half. I like them winning by a touchdown over the Chargers, so I toggled it to Bills minus six and a half.
Speaker 2: Spy here, this guy Togan Things sounds a little sports nerdy to me. Think you better than us, like a sports genius.
Speaker 1: So it ends up being nerd nerds a little less than plus three hundred. So you're wagering one hundred to win almost three hundred. So you got Rams money line, Bengals money line, and the Bills beating the Chargers by a touchdown. So you tell me where does that go wrong? Because this is the Rich Davis who the f no Is parlay of the week.
Speaker 2: Will go wrong on this season based on the season, so nothing guaranteed.
Speaker 1: Where will it go wrong? Let's discuss Ram Saints. I like the Rams, so do I. Derek Carr has a game of his freaking life. No money line Browning and the Bengals who look like they're moving the ball on offense against its who have faltered. Yeah, Browning's doing a good job like that. I agree with that. And the Bills who are playing hot football right now making a push for the playoffs against the Chargers who are having easton stick and they just changed coaches. Sticks sounds like a baseball back like. I like the build by six and a half, all right, so boom, lock it in LA and I got this is a fun one. This is a quarterback prop bet. Now I usually don't diddle with these, but it's time to diddle everyone. Quarterbacks getting nerdy, You're get nerdy on us. I like Matthew Stafford over one and a half touchdowns. Oh so Stafford against the Saints over one and a half touchdowns. I like Browning over one and a half touchdowns for the Bengals. So these guys just need to throw two touchdowns each. Browning for the Bengals, Stafford for the Rams. And the Chargers have a terrible run defense okay, I'm sorry, a terrible pass defense. So I like Josh Allen over two hundred and forty two yards. So Josh Allen over too forty two and Stafford and Browning just throwing two touchdowns each. That's a fun one, but a risky you know what. It's one hundred to win almost seven hundred. Oh I like that. So money, do you think Stafford could throw two tds? Wo? I didn't say titties. I said tds, tds td and Browning two touchdowns. And you know, Josh Allen against the Chargers can't put up a two to fifty spot.
Speaker 2: Those would be some sweet tds. Those are some great ta yeah, because you'd win a lot of money.
Speaker 1: So there you go. That's your quarterback props. Thanks nerduh. Courtesy of r pals or DraftKings sports Book now download the Draftking Sportsbook app. NFL fans, it's time to unwrap. I get it like a holiday present. Yeh. NonStop football action this holiday season. Throw down on big matchups or DraftKings sports Book and official sports betting partner of the NFL. This week, new customers could bet just five bucks on any NFL game and score one hundred and fifty instantly in bonus bets one hundred and fifty bucks.
Speaker 2: Download the Draftking Sportsbook app now with code over promised. New customers can bet five dollars on the NFL action to score one hundred and fifty instantly in bonus bets only on Draftking Sportsbook with code over promised.
Speaker 1: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 6: Gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler or visit one eight hundred gambler dot net in New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and y four six seven three six nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling called eighty eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino and Resort in Kansas twenty one plus age varies by jurisdiction. Void in Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. See DKNNG dot com, slash football or eligibility and deposit restrictions, terms and Responsible gaming Resources.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back to Over Promised, our bonus pod, doing it twice a week now, and please check out our regular show on Fox Sports Radio two to four in the West.
Speaker 1: That's Fourida six, four to six on the East.
Speaker 2: Monday through Friday, Cavino and Rich six five to seven.
Speaker 1: That's what I meant, five five to seventh Central. Yeah, that's what I meant. Central. Gotta include them. To your dad, I'm not Hey, what time is it bout you again? Dad? I'm always three hours behind. Oh that's my dad. That's like Tommy DeVito anyway, I'm Cavino. That is Rich.
Speaker 2: This is over Promised Spots hanging out and gett happy holidays.
Speaker 1: Got to talk a little fighting real quick. By the way, what's so great? I know you're gonna get the fighting. Yeah. We have a Thursday night game, we have Saturday football NFL. We have Sunday Christmas Eve football, and then Monday. Three games on Christmas Day. So you throw some face paint on, I might have Ravens. Tell me that's not a battle. So first that guy. That's me, all right?
Speaker 2: So hey, I'm sort of a nerd for boxing. Are a few things about me. I love the fight game. I love a nice heinee. I love the holidays. I love hanging out with you guys.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Ryan Garcia is one of our favorites. Rich We met him early in his career. A lot of people called him the like Justin Bieber of boxing, very social media popular, but he's the real backs.
Speaker 1: It up man quick. He's got fast hands, fast hands, and you know what's really cool about him, He's willing to take on anybody.
Speaker 2: And as of this week, here's the update. He's calling out the WBC one, Devin Haney. He's like, yo, I got my people trying to make this happen.
Speaker 1: That's wild.
Speaker 2: Devin Haney's saying, you know what, these are facts can't deny it. Let's try to get this done.
Speaker 1: That's wild because Ryan Garcia when he lost to Tank Davis, that was his first loss. Yeah, and instead of coming back and fighting some tomato can just to get a win, he came back with a big win a couple of weeks ago. So I like Ryan Garcia and what the kids got. He's tough man. And again he's talking about his team reaching out to Hany to make it happen, as I advised my team to contact Team Haney to discuss and make the fight happen between Devon and I. The balls in your court, Devon, I've made my move and I'm showing you in the boxing community that I'm committed to this fight. Hashtag Garcia Hany.
Speaker 2: And Hani says, these are the facts. They have a long rivalry, there's mutual respect. This is going to be a huge pay per view. Okay, so that's the update. But he's also had a big year. So Ryan Garcia, like you said, yeah, had a big year. That garc Debt Davis fight he lost.
Speaker 1: By the way, any relation, Oh yes, me and Tank Davis cousins. That Pank Davis fight.
Speaker 2: Ryan Garcia made thirty million according to De la Hoya and Golden Boy right thirty million, and then his last fight he made anywhere was in pay per view. He made anywhere between eight to ten million, so forty million in his last two fights alone.
Speaker 1: It's the holiday season.
Speaker 2: So what did he do recently that's gone viral? He bought himself his own little Christmas present. Take a look.
Speaker 1: He gifted himself two new cars, a fully armored Cadillac and an Audi R.
Speaker 2: Eight, as he calls it, an Audi an Audi, He's an Audi sort of way to pronounce it, but he describes that, you know, it's not about material things, It's about working hard and making it happen.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so baby's got too beautiful Christmas gift for myself, fully armored Cadillac, grenade resisted, and of course one of my dream cards I always wanted because she has never gotten to it.
Speaker 1: I got an Audi R eight, an Audio Spider version.
Speaker 7: Sorry if I got that wrong, shout out Audi, Saudi.
Speaker 1: However you want to pronounce it, we love you, stouty. But yeah, yoh, he's a cool young kid, and it poses a few questions. It is the Christmas season Hanukah for some Yeah, do you buy yourself stuff. Like if you're walking around the mall getting your kids some presents, you're doing your shopping at Target in the mall, like I said, going to clothing stores and gadgets. Are you the type that's like, you know, I work hard. I deserve to buy myself.
Speaker 2: A credit g That's exactly what's going on here. This is about the fruits of your labor. You work hard, and you know what, I made forty million in my last two fights.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna buy what I want. I earned it.
Speaker 2: I work hard for this and this is, uh, you know, this is my reward.
Speaker 1: Well, there are times I think you have to step back and think that way, because there are times I'll walk around doing a little shopping for the kids and I'm like, you know what, dad works pretty hard. I want to buy myself a new clothes or a watch or do some new Jordan's like.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm a very selfsust guy. I think it's okay to be selfish once in a while. I think we forget to because you know'is this season to give. But you know, I'm like Jerry Rice Man, I'm a great receiver. Let's go.
Speaker 1: So if I have to get it myself because I work hard. That's fine.
Speaker 2: He spent four hundred and ninety nine thousand on that fully armored grenade resistant caddy, that's yeah, no.
Speaker 1: No, no, he's making money. Does he have a lot of grenade problems? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Two hundred I mean he was fighting Tank Davis. That's two hundred and twenty five thousand for.
Speaker 1: The audi audio.
Speaker 2: So he spent seven hundred and twenty four thousand dollars on himself. Again, like Rich said, that's all relative, but it postes the bigger question, buy for yourself or not? For your spouse or not because a lot of times people get lazy in their relationship. And I'm gonna give you my theory and we could explore all of them moving forward. Guys, as time goes on and you grow up and your siblings have kids, and you have kids.
Speaker 1: New rule, Bill Maher style.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not buying presents for the adults period.
Speaker 1: You don't have to. It's for the kids. The first question, Yes, treat yourself. If you see something you want, you do it throughout the year. Why not do it around the holidays? Heyay, let me treat myself. Get some new kicks, get a new watch or new anything. Now yeah nothing.
Speaker 2: I mean, we're not saying that my fly proof car a grenade resistant car. But the thing about your whoever you're dating, or your spouse, your wife, your girlfriend.
Speaker 1: It sounds obvious, but you had even sort of gotten lazy, right. My wife and I decided that it's a couple days till Christmas. We're not gonna do it this year, but we said moving forward, anniversaries, birthdays and holidays, we're gonna take more seriously because I think a lot of times when you're in a marriage, a good marriage, you consider yourself a team and you're more concerned about the kids, family, the house, And like you know, my wife and I we dedicate our time and effort to our kids and making sure shit around the house looks nice, Like hey, do we get that thing for the pool? Do we all get the new thing for the mantle the fireplace? I realize that I've done a shitty job of getting my wife stuff, and she agrees for me. So I think, moving forward, never forget your spouse just because you guys are a team, don't be the person that I have become, which is, yeah, we don't need to get each other anything. It's lazy, it really is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think that's great advice too, because people fall into that rut and you're doing the right thing.
Speaker 1: You're putting the kids first, But eventually the kids move.
Speaker 2: Out and you had to put your significant other first in a long ass time.
Speaker 1: So you got to keep that romance alive.
Speaker 2: Now, the new rule, which you may have implied in your life, applied in your life already.
Speaker 1: No gifts for the adults. Yeah, you're adults.
Speaker 2: Whatever you want, you're gonna buy no if you need it, So doesn't it make more sense to buy only here for the children. I don't think there's any exception here. But Spot, I know you have a problem with this.
Speaker 5: I do as someone who doesn't have children when I have nieces and nephew use and multiple siblings. Of course, all the kids get gifts. I buy gifts for the.
Speaker 1: Kids, Uncle Spotty Claus. What is Uncle spot get in return the.
Speaker 2: Joy your niece and nephews.
Speaker 5: But here's the thing, because all of my siblings are essentially getting a gift, and they're all adults because it's for their children. What am I getting a good return?
Speaker 1: You're not giving your brothers and sister or anything. You're giving their kids something, it's going to their family unit. So I feel like I'm getting short change to someone who didn't end up having. How much money you saved by not having kids? I know, but I feel I like, I feel like want to give you the receipt for one month of daycare and then you'll reconsider this.
Speaker 2: I feel like there's a little bit what would you want of that you can't get on your What do you want?
Speaker 1: Fairness?
Speaker 3: What do you want?
Speaker 1: You want them to buy you a stupid tumbler? No?
Speaker 5: I want to you know, want like a gift card like the Starbucks like or like a gift card to like Target.
Speaker 1: But are you a child? You can't afford your own caramel mochiato.
Speaker 5: I can, But there should be some sort of.
Speaker 1: Like making a good He's making a point. I just don't like it, you know what I mean. It's like you're an adult, Like do you really want a present? You know what?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: I don't want anything. When you buy your brother, when you brought your brother James his little son, Geo, little Giovanni, when you buy a little Geo, little Geo, I don't know a little super Mario Castle or something. You see the joy in his eyes.
Speaker 2: That's the gift. You're thinking, where's my gift where? Because I'm sending it. It's gonna be sent via like Amazon. Tell to open it on FaceTime, and there's your joy. I think that's a very odd way to feel. Although what you're saying makes sense sort of financially, Like I'm giving them where's mine? I get all that, Like you have to be bigger than that as an adult and as an uncle.
Speaker 5: I don't want a dollar for dollar, but like, like you know, let's say I get them like one hundred dollars toy, give me a twenty dollars gift card to Starbucks.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell Geo to make you a little macaroni time, because that's all you really deserve.
Speaker 1: Honestly, here's a little kid.
Speaker 5: Honestly, I think even a drum I think would be nice.
Speaker 2: Maybe a little drawing from the kids. I think that's a fair compromise. If that's if that's where we're going, I think, hey, that's then the kids can do that acknowledgement of a thank you. Now that's fair.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm just sending, sending, sending and not receiving, receiving, receiving, that's fair.
Speaker 1: Fair, Let it be known.
Speaker 2: My sisters, my aunts, my uncles, they're getting zilps because I'm about the kids and making it special for them.
Speaker 1: Well, on that note, your thoughts at Covin and Rich. I will see you guys, back here tomorrow for another over promise. Let's do it again tomorrow, Let's do it again, Let's do it a lot. We'll see you guys. Then, thank you to DraftKings, sportsbook, Fox Sports Radio and uh hey Mary Chris was Happy holidays everyone. We'll see you next time. I'll read be there she maybe you and the over promised
Speaker 7: H