Speaker 1: What's that at bed? It's spooky and you I'm pretty sure it's dead. He's coming this way.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, hey, I said, Hi, Ras Jess, Please, hey boo.
Speaker 1: It's me ros Jos Fales. Welcome to Ghosted. You know, I have a lot of like minded friends, and of course, people all day every day tell me about different ghosty things, which I love. And my best friend and former podcast guest Sam Pancake asked me the other day if I was familiar with the black Eyed Children, and of course, like naturally, I'm like, yeah, what are you talking about, Fergie, and will I am? And he's like, no, no, no, the black Eyed Children. And so he goes into this whole thing about this urban legend, and then I had to go look it up. So I went to ThoughtCatalog dot com, which had all this info about the black Eyed Children, and what it talks about is that the black Eyed children they are age six to sixteen typically from many reports, and they've got pale skin and completely blacked out eyes. And what they do is they knock on your door of your home, or it could be your car, or if you're like me in your early twenties, it's you know, the two things are one in the saying your car is your house. But people report that these black eyed children are making them feel incredibly uneasy when you know they approach them. And these children will do anything to get you to let them in, but you must give them permission first. And people report that they like kind of hypnotize you into letting them in, and people go into like this kind of trans it's like state, and it seems like a lot of people like break out of it right when the children are about to come in. And that's what's interesting is that there's not many stories of people like letting them in, and so people think that it could be because if they let you in, they kill you. Now they're always asking for something specifically, like they want to ride or if you're in your car obviously, or they want to use your phone or something like that, and they're seen in normal or slightly dated clothes, and they seem to be talking too mature to be actual children, which is why people are like, maybe they're shape shifters, maybe they're vampires, aliens, demons, who knows. But the earliest report came out in nineteen ninety six. A journalist named Brian Bethel in Abilene, Texas, was sitting in his car writing a check to pay a bill, and he's sitting in a parking lot near a theater and these two boys come up. They're approximately nine and twelve years old, and they knock on his window and they tell him that they were there to see Mortal Combat, which is like such a great nineteen ninety six throwback, and they're about to finish. No, just kidding, but they had forgotten their money and they asked for a ride by. They asked Brian for a ride to take them back to their mother's house to get some money. And the boys are like really trying to convince him, and they're just like, oh, we're just little kids. We don't have any gangs or anything. And he's overcome with unease and he's like making all these excuses and he's like starting to fall for it for a moment, and he's like no, no, no, and he like notices their eyeballs and then he just stepped on it and he looked into the rear view mirror and they were gone. There was nobody in the rear view mirror. So that's the first time we ever heard about these black eyed children. But of course, the Internet being what it is, there are tons of reports on Reddit and blogs of all sorts. And I found this one that kind of spooked me that was also in the exact same Thought catalog article. This one is so interesting because it's called black eyed grandparents. So maybe black eyed children grow up and they become old black eyed people. Okay, it says a bit of scene setting. In nineteen ninety six ninety seven, Hey, same year, I lived in a fairly old terraced house with a cemetery at the end of the road. Cliche, I know, but it's an important detail. Nothing remarkable about the house or the area. It was just convenient for college. Anyway. I was up late one night on the PC in my bedroom, which looked out onto the street. It was about two or three am. For whatever reason, probably to give my eyes a rest, I wandered over to the window and looked down the road in the direction of the s cemetery, although it was too far down the street for me to see, and I saw three people walking slowly down the road. I could see that they were quite old and appeared to be dressed in funeral clothes, which, given the hour, was weird. There were two women and a man I'd put their ages about eighty, and the woman in the middle she was being steadied and guided by the other woman and the man. As they came closer, I got the impression that she was upset. The woman in the middle. My first thought was that given their age, she had recently buried her husband and grief had caused her to behave slightly irrationally, causing her to try to be out near the cemetery at at that hour, and that the other two were friends, relatives, trying to look after her and get her home. Anyway. It was all interesting enough for me to carry on watching as they got closer to the house. Just outside the front of the house was a street lamp. I watched them as they made their way past, but when they got to the lamppost, they all stopped, and the upset woman in the middle looked up at me and grinned. This was when things got weird. The grin became sort of a grimace, and if there was any color in her face to start with, it was now dead white. At that point I realized I was staring right into her eyes, but her eyes were pitch black. Times sort of dilated. If you've ever crashed the car, the final split second before you make impact seems to drag out as you process more information than normal in the timeframe. It was that sort of a thing. I'm sure we only made eye contact for a second, but it felt like several minutes as my peripheral vision faded and I felt like all I could see was these two black holes in her face, drawing me in. Although the distance between us didn't change, she somehow felt like she was coming closer, and I was kind of aware, although I couldn't honestly say I could see them at that point, that the two people with her were just continuing to look down the road, as if frozen but waiting for this woman to finish whatever she was doing. I was suddenly hit with this intense feeling of dread and panic, so I threw myself on the floor as soon as I'd broken her gaze. I felt pretty stupid that this upset old woman who clearly needed help, had spooked me so badly that I looked out the window again and there was no sign of her. It was a longish straight road and the house was toward the middle, so Lynford Christie who's a sprinter. I looked it up, would have had trouble getting out of sight in the time I looked away, let alone three octagenaris And that was uploaded by dj monkey Do on Reddit. So have you ever encountered the black Eyed Children? Let me know on the Facebook group. Ghosted by ros Dress Falas On with.
Speaker 2: The show.
Speaker 1: Ladies and Gentlemen by Popular Demand, I have one of the Chatty brods.
Speaker 3: Jess Hello Popular Demand.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, you don't understand, Okay.
Speaker 3: I was on your podcast Yes, and you were fantastic.
Speaker 1: Thank you. You and Becca do this podcast called Chatty Broad's and you had me on because you had some listeners of this show of ghost Yes tell you.
Speaker 3: We had some DM slides and they were like you need to get roz. And then I listened to your podcast and I'm like, oh my god, I need this human being on my podcast stat because we had a great paranormal episode. Everyone's response was so huge, like everyone loves getting spooky and you were just the perfect, the perfect guest, which.
Speaker 1: Is so funny because your podcast isn't like like you had a paranormal pod, like you had a paranormal episode, but you guys do like bachelor recaps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, would you like self improvement and whatever? But then back in I love paranormal, so we're like, we're just gonna throw this out there, and everyone loved it because everyone can relate.
Speaker 1: I feel like, you know, yeah, that's what I tend to believe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and those who can't, I mean they're curious.
Speaker 1: I just feel like you can kind of if you're those people that believe in that stuff, you can sense that off of people. Like I have very few people that I connect with, like I don't have I have a lot of friends, but it's not usually our connection is not paranormal. It's like we work together, we're friends, like whatever, And then when I bring up ghost, they're like, yeah, I've had this happen or that happened. Right, It's like a certain kind of open person, right, like you no shade.
Speaker 3: If you don't believe, which I don't feel like you'd be listening to this podcast if you don't. But I don't tend to vibe with people who have like no belief in the paranormal. You're not my people, I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I agree, But I do think that I do say to people sometimes like if you're a skeptic, you can listen to the show and it's still fun to talking about how crazy we are with those spooky demons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go ahead and make fun of us. They what crazy. I don't care.
Speaker 1: We effect me. I wear wigs and duct tape my bulls to my thigh for a living. You could never show I don't have shame. Okay, Jazz, Yes, let's talk about your experience with the paranormal.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, okay, So here's the thing. I was raised in a very conservative Christian home and some of my friends, when I talk to them about this, they're like, oh my god. We always talked about demons and angels, and I don't know. The people that I was raised with, they it was this type of conservative where you just didn't talk about it. Anything paranormal had to be demonic. There was no such thing as like a sweet precious Casper situation. It just didn't exist. But I was always Yes, Heaven and Hell was talked about, and demons, but like you just don't talk about it or else they may like latch onto you. It's almost like you don't want to mention it or else you have a chance of bumping into one got it, even though they would say that if you're a Christian, you know, you wouldn't ever have a demon interact with you. And when I was younger, I was kind of like, am I not a Christian because I sent some weird Can I swear on this?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, okay, you have your listener bracket is between the ages of eight and twelve. I understand we don't want to offend, but no, there was always weird shit floating around to me, like I just got a weird sense of things. Yeah, weird, you know, so I don't know get like being raised in that, I always was like so curious and I remember seeing like Oigi boards in UH stores and that was probably oh honey, it was a hard no, like don't even look at it, don't make eye contact with it, like you'll get something lashed onto you. But I'm like, I want to do seances, I want to do Wigi boards. But I still now have that thing, like I'm thirty years old and I still haven't done it because there's that level of like, oh my god, is my mom gonna like pop out and just be like stop it, Jessica, the demonic is going to attack you. But I need to, so maybe like we can do a seance together.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I'm all about a sance, but Wiji boards scare me.
Speaker 3: Oh be cause I mean you when you are on our podcast and you told the Wigi boards story. Now I'm a little I'm a little spook to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I just I think there's a way to do it. And you close the door and you do the ceremony and you'll rub your sage around and you do everything, which I never did, like as a kid or anytime since then. I've always just been like, dear ghosts, does my ass lik fat in these jeans? And then like the ghost wouldn't answer, and then I would full on to be possessed at four am.
Speaker 3: I I'm thinking maybe if I do it, I'll just like hit up an enemy of mine, someone who doesn't know that they're an enemy, and then just do it in their house in case any weird shit latches on.
Speaker 1: Then I'll be like all right, because I always feel like with Weiji boards, like the answers that you're looking for come not right right away. You know, It's like you know, you can't just call them up. Any demon like or spirit and they're just sitting around like, oh, phone calls coming in are just waiting for you. No, like you know some people you're trying to call. It takes a couple of times till they pick up, and then they finally are like, oh, I saw I see some miscalls. A couple hours ago, someone was asking me if my if they're ass lock fat in these jeans. I'm gonna answer this swoop down. Yeah, I'm gonna swoop down. Sorry I was late. Hey, wake up, your ass looks fat in those genes.
Speaker 3: Never but yeah, I know when I'm like, I'm trying to hit up, you know, my grandpa, and then all the sudden, like creepy Herbert who died, who like killed twelve people, was answering me, like I don't want any of that. Yeah, so I still have that a little bit lingering. But yeah, I don't know. I was always I always felt very drawn to the darkness. I don't know if it's like my scorpio moon that I just like to I don't know. I want I'm curious about.
Speaker 1: It, but specifically the dark sidedness of it.
Speaker 3: I'm curious about that.
Speaker 1: Yes, But how do you feel about just like happy ghosts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh, I love a happy ghost. I definitely had a situation where so I'm married and we had moved into a home together. I also have a child, and I was pregnant while we moved into this house, and I started to like have a weird sense about the house. But it wasn't anything that felt creepy to me. It just felt like there was someone there, and specifically in my daughter's room. And before I had her, sometimes i'd like wander into her room in the middle of the night, have like a full mom moment with my belly and be like this will one day be my and then I'd be like, there's something in here, Like should we move her bedroom? And so the first few months of her life we didn't have her in there. She was sleeping in the room with us, and then eventually we transitioned her over and she'd still wake up a couple times in the middle of the night, and every time she did, my husband and I would like switch off to go check on her. And every time I'd go in that room in the middle of the night, like there was someone in there. There was someone in there, and there was this empty, open closet and I would sometimes nurse her, and the chair was right across from this empty closet, and I would just stare into this dark closet and I'm like, someone is looking at me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was like this.
Speaker 3: It was weird because my feelings, like my body wanted to be like get the hell out of here, like this is so creepy. But it didn't feel threatening to me at all. And I was just more a little like freaked out by the fact that it was in my daughter's room that I was like, please, sweet ghost, be nice, don't do anything weird to my kid. But then actually we moved and one day, like over someone, I made some comment to my husband like, yeah, you know there was something about that house. And he's mister like skeptic, you know, he doesn't believe anything, and he ride away was like, oh my god, I felt the same exact thing, and we're like, okay, say it at the same time where it was, and we both were like Ember's closet, same exact time. So we said there was something.
Speaker 1: In there, a closet ghost, a closet ghost, but a.
Speaker 3: Nice closet ghost. No, maybe it was like a lovely grandmother or an auntie or something. It didn't feel childlike. It definitely felt I don't know, it felt like an adult. It felt old.
Speaker 1: I have I had a similar experience one time with a friendly closet ghost. I think I might have told this on this show before. I can't remember, but this one time, I was staying at a friend's house so we grew up together, and she had told me before, like, there's this ghost in the house, this woman whatever is this old, beautiful farmhouse and totally forgot about it. And one night, when I was like college age, I was back home and we were partying and whatever, and then I passed out in the bedroom. Did I tell this on your podcast? I feel like I told this someplace, Yes, I think maybe. Okay, So I passed out in this bedroom upstairs, and I remember the middle of the night, the closet door opened and I like woke up and I could feel somebody staring at me through the closet and I was just like, I'm drunk, and like went to bed, and then I woke up the next day and at breakfast, I was like, oh, you're your friend Sarah the ghost. I think she visited me last night and she was like, how did you know her name was Sarah. Yes, And I was like, I don't know, isn't that what you called her? And then she was like, no, we recently just like we just did some research and we found out that the woman that died in this house name was Sarah. We did it like a week ago, Like how did you know that?
Speaker 3: Oh my god? Okay, So with the whole Sarah thing, did you just throw that out there? Was it just like were you just joking? You know?
Speaker 2: Sarah?
Speaker 1: That's really did she like open this closet and she's like.
Speaker 3: She just cozied up next to you and tried to spoon And You're like, honey, it's not that way. You cut that way, Sarah, Sarah your pants, Sarah contain yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I like you know that, but I wasn't scared.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're not scared. Okay, So yeah there. I don't know, it's not that I'm only about the scary demons. Like, don't get me wrong, I'm just very curious about them.
Speaker 1: Have you encountered anything that is like demonic?
Speaker 3: So I've had a few situations where I've had like sleep paralysis, but it didn't feel like sleep paralysis. And I know that people talk about it and go, you know, the scientific research says it's sleep paralysis. And I was like, no, bitch, I was definitely awake, Like I was awake.
Speaker 1: Could you move?
Speaker 3: I could move until they held me down. Okay, wait a minute, can it's creepy long claws now? Yes? Yes? So okay. So I was visiting my mother and I've never felt anything strange in her house before, but I was like crashing on the couch to go visit her, and I was just laying I wasn't asleep yet, I hadn't fallen asleep, and I was like checking my phone.
Speaker 1: Like I was.
Speaker 3: I was very much awake, flipping through my phone, and all of a sudden, I look up at the ceiling and there's this strange shadow, like this black shadow that's covering the ceiling. But the way that that, like the angle of the light and whatever, I'm like, that just doesn't make sense. How am I seeing this shadow? Like it's already dark in the room, the only thing is the light on is my phone. I don't understand. And then all of a sudden, I felt like breath on the back of my neck. God scarcely just to remember it and then I felt and I could move at this point, and then all of a sudden, I felt these long like fingers grab the tops of my shoulder. So just behind me, yes, and I'm laying down. I feel the hands like in my back.
Speaker 1: With claws with like it felt like sharp, like an acrylic yes.
Speaker 3: Yes, like like a like a sturdy stillid like a coffin shape, you know, yeah, that makes sense, and just like digging into me and I at that point then as soon as I felt the hands on me, then I couldn't move and I felt like I couldn't speak, and it was And the thing that's so weird about it is that like I felt it talking, but I don't recall what it was saying. Like in the moment, I understood, like I could process what was going on, but all I felt was like drastic fear. Oh.
Speaker 1: And then but you were on your stomach and it was behind me.
Speaker 3: I was on my back, laying down and it was behind me and it grabbed me. And at that point I was still looking up at the ceiling and I could still see that weird shadow maybe like black fog, And in that that one was the most like terror that I've personally felt because it felt so ominous, like it was evil. Yeah, And I couldn't move, I couldn't speak, and you know, I was just like kind of waiting and doing like like counting almost to myself, like just waiting for it to go. I'm like, oh my god, when I count, when I get to twenty, it's gonna be gone. So I'm counting to twenty, like please plase, I'm still not gone at twenty, and I keep going and then I get to maybe about sixty seconds, so it was about a minute, and then it released and I literally ran into my mom's bedroom like I was four years old, sobbing, and I was like moh oah, my god. And She's just like, Jessica, you are dreaming. And I'm like, first of all, I am twenty seven years old. I am coherent right now. I was awake. I was not dreaming. Don't talk to me like that. But then it was so strange. Is the next day I got a email from someone and a person back in the day when I was like involved in the church, I had gone on a missions trip to India and someone that we had I had recently connected with again via email.
Speaker 1: Was murdered over there in India.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that night, that night, and so there was this weird like it felt connected to me because I had been in contact with that person like the week before and I hadn't spoken to them in years. Wow. Yeah, and so something felt I don't know, it just felt connected to me in a strange way and I couldn't explain it. And it wasn't even the timing. There was this weird thing in the back of my head that it was like maybe I don't know, this just feels this feels far away, but it feels dark and I don't know.
Speaker 1: Ugh, it was horrible interesting, Yes, it was horror. Say so you said you could hear it talking.
Speaker 3: Yes, but I can't. I can't remember, I can't decipher.
Speaker 1: It's like, you should have Roz Jezvelas on your podcast. Is that who told you to have me on your podcast? Yes?
Speaker 3: It was the coffin nailed stiletto bitch goes who was whispering and holding me down.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 1: You got me. But your mom hasn't had any other problems in that house.
Speaker 3: My mom says she hasn't, but I also don't necessarily believe her.
Speaker 1: Is she's still a part of she's still very.
Speaker 3: Religious, so I feel like she's maybe just not allowing it to be connected in any way interesting, you know. I don't know, but we've had oh man, I've had some some other like friends and family who've gone through some like crazy crazy shit like what so okay, So a really good friend of our families is a pastor, and oh god, this is so creepy. So in general, like I said that, like the church community that we were involved in, like just didn't we didn't do demons. We didn't talk about it. We don't do them. They are not on our top three. But he got a call one day from someone who went to the church, and I happened to know the family who contacted him. They are not people who are dramatic. They're not like me. We're like something like falls over in my house and I'm like, call ex or sust the house is probably on fire emotion, I don't know what's going on. But they're so not that way. And they contacted him and they're like, Okay, so we know you're a pastor, so maybe you can help us out. But something strange is going on in this house that we moved to and they had been there for about six months. It was a husband and wife and they had three little kids. And I don't know what they knew about the house before moving in, but within one month of them being here, like stuff started to get really crazy. At first, it was the kids. The kids would who were only like super mellow. They'd go to bed, they'd have their thing, you know. I think they were between the ages of like eight and two, so there was like a drastic age. But the older one was like low key whatever, started to have these crazy night terrors, but like would claim that it wasn't a nighttair, would claim that it was real, and they were trying to like console her all the time. And then all of a sudden, the middle daughter started to have the same issues, and they're going, oh, they're rubbing off on each other. But it was the same story, and it was about this little girl who was coming in like to the room and threatening them and they'd like she'd they would say that she was hurting them. Oh my god, so just violent.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Well, cut to a few weeks later and the husband and wife are sleeping in bed and all of a sudden, they start hearing like violent vomiting uh in their bathroom and they're like, oh my god, one of the kids got in, like what's wrong. One of the kids is sick. They ducked out, go into the bathroom. Nothing's in there. And they swear that the vomiting was still happening while they were in the bathroom and it was loudest in the bathroom. Wow. And so it just starts escalating and getting worse. They're having kids screaming in the middle of the night. The vomiting won't stop, like every night.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: And then at one point, like they get home one day and there's nail marks, like fingernails all down the hall uh uh yes, and they were like you know again, people critics could say skeptics might say it's the kids, but these kids were like horrified. Well, and they were little.
Speaker 1: I was actually just thinking about that because what movie was I saying. I was seeing scary stories tell in the dark, and there is a scene where somebody drags their fingernails and I was thinking, like, Okay, first of all, you have to have strong ass fingernails.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, seriously, I.
Speaker 1: Get to damage your fingernails.
Speaker 3: Like like you know, you're not paying for a set going and doing that.
Speaker 1: Absolutely no, So I I have a hard time believe. I mean, I think that it can be possible, but I mean it depends what the walls may not of YadA YadA. But like if you looked at your kid's fingers, you would probably be able to tell.
Speaker 3: Yes, and you would need like clause to do. Apparently what happened because so then the family friend of ours who's the pastor, said that he went over because he was kind of like, Okay, I'm not an exorcist, Like I don't really know what to do in this situation, but the family at this point feels very threatened. The kids are horrified, and everything seems to just be getting worse and worse. And again the feeling was like violent, you know. And he said he saw the claw marks. They were deep and real, and he's just like, yeah, this kid, it's a kid's not going to do that now. And when you talk to the kids, like these kids weren't old enough or you know, conniving enough to do something like that, and he was like, I don't know what to tell you, Like I really don't. I guess all someone to sage the place, like I have no idea to get an ex I have no idea, and they eventually moved out because I guess it just started to just get out of hand. Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I feel like that's typically a Catholic thing, like, you know, an exorcist. I don't know if pastors. I don't think that they do.
Speaker 3: I don't think so. The house, yeah, I think that, like they just called him because they were like, we don't know what else to do, Like who are we supposed to call?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yeah there now, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think about that all the time all the time. And also who lived there before some puky nail girl. Oh god. I get scared when moving in somewhere new always, of course, I always get scared, I know, and like reveal yourself immediately because I need to know whether I can unpack and settle down because I hate moving. I don't want to pack up. I don't want to be haunted by some vomity woman or whatever.
Speaker 1: I know, and like, I'm not putting the wallpaper if you're going to be scratching it.
Speaker 3: That is expensive and it is a pain in the ass to put up.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I don't know, but that's the thing. Like, I guess I'm drawn to it, maybe because it just wasn't allowed when I grew up and I was always so curious. Same thing. It's like, you know, I watch all the serial killer documentaries, like I'm so intrigued and not like in an Oh my god, I love this, but you have to know. I want to know.
Speaker 1: I think knowledge is power and situations like that, and sometimes you can learn from experiences or you know, I think I think it. I think it has made me. It's a fine line between paranoid and just prepared when it comes to like watching true crime and ghost things because I'm like that that could be a sign of an exorcism, or that person looked at me weird. That means that they might murder me.
Speaker 3: Like oh, I always have my my keys in between my nails. I'm always ready to go. Now you know, I'm prepared. I'm prepared. But as doing this podcast like made you so scared all the time.
Speaker 1: Now it's it fluctuates because I was at first so overwhelmed by so many ghost stories that and and always stuff at nighttime. It's always stuff that that affects you when you're sleeping, like, oh, a ghost was hovering over me when I'm sleeping. That A lot of that happens around these parts. I hear lots of stories like that, and a lot of the time I read the messages that people send me after I've done a gig and I come home and I'm like unwinding and like always like why.
Speaker 3: Yes, And then it's a ghost story about like something horrifying involving water.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what always happens. I have the weirdest thing ever where I drive home after like a busy day and I don't want to get out of my car, so I'll just like sit there with like maybe the ac go and maybe some jams, and I'm like, let me just like check like emails and whatever, and then I'll start I'm like, ooh, this one looks good. And then I'm reading and then I'm in my car with like windows all around me, and I'm like, I can't get out of this car. I'm crazy.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Oh my god, I don't know how to do it.
Speaker 1: I'm starting to be a little bit well, I was gonna say, I'm starting to become a little bit more brave. But then I had a paranormal experience a couple weeks ago. I don't know if you heard this one, but I fled a hotel at two am because there was a ghost in there and I got scared.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I saw it on your Insta stories. But I have okay, I need to listen to listen to it. It's oh my god, it's so creepy. You know. See, I need I need someone like you to go and stay in the hotels because all of my friends are like, hell no, none of them will do it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's something you want to do, is go stay in a haunted place.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure? Really, yeah, I'm very curious. Now, I don't know if I'll be able to like actually do it. Like I'd get there and I'd unpack, and then I'd be like, this is going to be a pass for me, and I'd leave. Maybe.
Speaker 1: Well that's what I did. Here's what I'm down for is going to a hotel, a haunted hotel, and staying up all night with a group of people.
Speaker 3: Oh sure, sure, sure, yeah, I don't expect to sleep. No.
Speaker 1: And that was the problem was that the friend I was with was like, Oh, we're going to bed and we're going to wake up in the morning and after learning and reading all day that there's a ghost in here that messes with you when you're sleeping.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, your friend was able to just fall asleep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he's never had an experience. Whatever. No, yeah, I don't never, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I did forget to tell Oh, I forgot to tell this.
Speaker 1: Tell me.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I totally I can't believe I forgot about this. Now I'm thinking demons. I did see an exorcism.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right. Where was it an India?
Speaker 3: It was an India.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the story here.
Speaker 3: So I was over in India years ago, and it was with my old school and we were there for like service projects, and a lot of them were associated with like the Christian church community. So one of the people who would take us around was this local pastor and one day he let us go into the slums. And you have these people who, you know, have these illnesses that are just absolutely terrible, like things that would be one curable if they had the means to go to and get medical care. But basically the pastor would go out to these slums and like pray for these people. So there'd be these long lines waiting for him when he'd show up, and I was already very uncomfortable with the whole situation, like this just seems very strange and general to me, and I feel weird about this, But I was supposed to be there with him, So me and three of the other students were there, and they're.
Speaker 1: Just curious, would he charge people for this? No?
Speaker 3: No, no no, But it was definitely like this whole like white savior business that have opinions about. But this is a fun podcast. So but there's this long line. Everyone's just waiting to get prayed over, and it's just a lot of people who are sick or you know, have a family member who's ill. Finally they bring up this woman and like four people are holding her and it's like a rabid situation, right, So she's violently like screaming and moving and her eyes are just like elsewhere and there's like foaming at the mouth happening. Yes, And I am in my baby college self, just like, oh my god, what did I get into? I hate this, Like I'm so scared. And of course, as soon as they bring her up, he looked the pastor looks back at us and goes, she's possessed. I have to perform an exorcism. And I'm like, honey, this is not what the college like registration said. I thought I was just going in a superce project. I did not realize that I was going to be participating in this. And he's like the person and now this sucks. So he just like points at me. First of all, Okay, he starts talking to her, praying. I don't understand because he's speaking Hindi, and I am shook to the core, and she continues to like move violently, and then finally she stops moving after he's prayed a certain amount, and then he turns around and he points at me just like that finger, and he goes, you, I need you to hold onto her, and I'm like, God, no, please, it's gonna pass over to me, and so I have to go. They've now like managed to put her on her knees facing him, and I have to hold like stand above her and hold her shoulders. Oh my gosh. And so he keeps doing this prayer and then like touches her head and she just like bends back like almost like there was no bones in her body, Like I don't know how to explain it except for that like on her knees and just collapses backwards and I'm just oh my god, oh my god. He's like, okay, keep holding onto her whatever. And she had this like twitchy thing happen, and it almost seemed like a seizure, and then she was quiet for about a mins it and then sat up and.
Speaker 1: She's like, hey, guys, this is just like, oh my goodness, you would have.
Speaker 3: A mimosa available because that was rough. No, but yeah, it was just like you think you've had a bad day, please, but yeah. And I didn't even know, like I was messed up for like a week after seeing it. I bet I didn't even know how to handle it. And then part of me, you know, is looking at it scientifically, going like is this woman schizophrenic and is unable to get medication? Like is there's this Are these just seizures? Like I don't understand which.
Speaker 1: Could be true exactly, or how do you explain Like, I mean, how was she acting once.
Speaker 3: Completely I mean completely normal in the sense that there was nothing like violent was happening. She just seemed kind of quiet and shaken up and kind of just walked away with her family. Wow. Yeah, And then I was just asking him, was like excuse me, and I was just again shy college. I'm like, excuse me, can you explain to me what just happened? And he made some kind of overarching comment about like the things of Satan shouldn't be spoken about, and I'm like, but you just made me hold her, so can you give me?
Speaker 1: Can give me a little bit.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to give me a little bit of the demon tee because I'm very confused. Yeah, oh god.
Speaker 1: But have you ever seen those videos where it's like someone, you know, they put the pastor puts the hand on the person and they start shaking and fall in. Yes, I don't know if that's what.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think I believe that. But this was This wasn't like that televised. There was no money. He's not getting paid. I don't know. It felt different. Maybe it's because I was there, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, usually those those videos, it's I mean, if anyone can know bad acting, it's me and I can sense it from a mile away. And you're kind of like, I'm like, really like you're gonna like they look behind them before they fall back and it is this gonna kill me. But this woman like she's foaming at the mouth, she's you know, bending, like she has no bones, and like.
Speaker 3: We're in the slums of India, like no one's trying to like throw the drama on for anyone. They have enough going on. Like it felt very real. Wow, yeah, so then I was just even more interested. Maybe that's when you.
Speaker 1: Were an exorcist assistant.
Speaker 3: I didn't know either.
Speaker 1: Resume.
Speaker 3: I think I'm going to I think I'm going to make that my Instagram bio now.
Speaker 1: Along with fashion styles, former fashion Styles, Former fashion Style, which, speaking of what do you think of this outfit I'm wearing?
Speaker 3: I have to say this to the listeners. The amount of peacock feathers happening is appalling.
Speaker 1: Like I love it, but it's a little vegan peacock feathers.
Speaker 3: Well we're grateful for that, but like you know, we're a few feet away and the peacock feathers are like in my eyes practically, so my goodness, you turn it up for this. I mean, this is a podcast. I normally just kind of dress in my sweats, not me, I know, my goodness, full face and everything.
Speaker 1: Do you want to hear some ghost voices.
Speaker 3: I'm afraid, but I would love to sure find.
Speaker 1: Okay, it is now timed for it EVP or ev paseh gosh, Okay, suggest Here's what I do. I go to YouTube. I type in EVPs, real, EVPs, whatever I can find. For hours, I search until I find what someone someone's recording of a ghost voice. I want you to guess what this ghost voice says. Okay. This was uploaded by somebody named Mystic Ghost. It is at the Baker Hotel in Mineral Wells, Texas. Tell me what you think this ghost is saying. Okay, it's real quick, but if you really like focus in, what is it?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm really freaked out at what I'm hearing. I'm here like, push her head, push her head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll give you some options. Okay, is it A I'm a spooky bitch. B How do I look? See House up the Dead? Or D I'll kick your ass.
Speaker 3: Oh it's for sure. It is for sure House of the Dead the Dead.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that is so spooky.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: Oh I don't like that at all.
Speaker 1: I don't either. Okay, here's another one. Okay, this one's not quite as spooky and it's a quick one. This is from half Paranormal, and I believe he recorded this in his house. It's real staticky in.
Speaker 3: Hearing, Like, first of all, it's a very beautiful sexy voice. I know you know I'm coming. Okay, yeah you can stay. I know. Hey girl, I'm hearing like I love something or it's.
Speaker 1: Not me, it's not me, or you love something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like I love is she saying I love me? I love me? She's a dvat. She's very she understands herself, she knows her self worth total. She's a woman who loves herself. I know.
Speaker 1: She's totally like, you are trying to capture me, and I love me. I don't blame you.
Speaker 3: You you are trying to save me out of your house. But honey, you can't because I love me, I love to my self. Value is skyrocketing through this house.
Speaker 1: So please, She's like, sage cannot contain all of this fabulousity, bitch. Well, okay, is it a he loves you? D good luck? C kill her? Or D how my nails look?
Speaker 3: Is it he loves you? He loves you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that kind of changes the backstory. So she goes from saying I love me too, he loves you. I wonder what he's talking about.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, yeah I hear that. Now for sure I heard the love.
Speaker 1: There's definitely a clear love.
Speaker 3: It's a love. And again she's so fab like I'm not surprised.
Speaker 1: She's like, he loves you.
Speaker 3: Don't worry about it. Stop crying of your friends, Like you know, you get a little bit of that self worth. He loves you. You're good.
Speaker 1: Well, I think I think that's it.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I had so much fun with you.
Speaker 1: I am obsessed with you. And we have to get back.
Speaker 3: Yes, we have to get Becca because Becca has a had She has some crazy stories. I know she definitely like has what you have where like there's that communication with the the maybe the maybe dead, maybe the undead, I don't know. And so she's got some crazy stories. I wanted to tell some of hers, but I'm resisting today because I'll leave that to her.
Speaker 1: We should have her in here, well, tell us where we can find you and your podcast and everything.
Speaker 3: So the podcast is Chatty Broad's with Becka and Jess. We're on all the platforms, iTunes, Spotify, all that.
Speaker 1: It's a real popular podcast.
Speaker 3: You know, we have amazing the broad Squad are We love our fans.
Speaker 1: There's like a now a broad Squad ghost boot.
Speaker 3: Oh, they adore you. We get lots of d ms about you, lots of d ms.
Speaker 1: I want to go back for Halloween. Oh will you please please?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm going to drag you by your wig, Carol.
Speaker 1: You know that's not hard to do. Oh yeah, and I'll I'll wear these peacock feathers and all the shebang next time.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't expect any less.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I'm obsessed with Jess. And go listen to Chatty Brad's of course, you know, start off with the episode that I am on, because we had a blast and we all told ghost stories. And hopefully I'll be back there soon. Thank you so much for listening to the show. Guys, I'm working on doing a live show in Los Angeles, so get excited for that. Also, I'm on Cameo now, and I love Cameo. It's so much fun because you can, you know, have me send you some kind of fun message, or you can have me send a message for a friend or whatever. So you go to cameo dot com slash Roz Dress Valise. I'm also on Facebook Roz Dress Vals, Instagram at Roz Dress fALS and please join the Facebook group ghosted by Roz Dress Fales where you can post your funny ghost y memes, you can say nice things about me, you can share your ghost story and of course I love it when you share ghost stories on Apple podcasts by giving the show five stars, and you can write a review with a ghost story. And if you don't have a ghost story.
Speaker 3: Just leave five stars. Why not?
Speaker 2: What does it cost to you?
Speaker 1: It doesn't cost you nothing, but it's great for the show. We are back next week with an incredible story. I cannot wait to share it with you. So thanks for listening. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me. Hey by
Speaker 3: Star Bans, a podcast network