Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines.
Speaker 3: This is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Wing Stuff where flavor gets its wings.
Speaker 4: Now your hosts.
Speaker 2: Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon.
Speaker 3: Gross Hobday listen live too, Hanging with the Boys. You're looking live. Screwed that all up at Tostitos Championship Plaza outside Fort Center at the Star in Frisco, Texas, where it is eighty six in fair The Hi today is ninety. The load of night is sixty seven.
Speaker 5: Were missing a double dipper. I'm telling you our show theme is will do things from money? Sir Nate is the captain of that. Sir, I'll say I'm the co captain, but Nate, He's it is the He is the president El Presidente. Nate is not with us. It wouldn't be a hump day without my boy Kurt. Two humps, three pumps, three pumps, two humps, Daniels and girls, Chris Beams keeping up live a local on the back. I am Salt and Pepper, Poppy together. We make hanging with the boys the sports talk equivalent of brow people when we speak.
Speaker 3: Brought to you each and every day by a wing stop where favorite gets. What you doing on this side, Kurt? You decide to come over to the dark sid to sit while you over here on the s where leaving your boy over there on an island.
Speaker 6: They were trolling yesterday.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 6: They might have they might have teamed up, you know what.
Speaker 4: I thought about that later. Yeah, they need to go to us. There ain't no way Mike's coming back.
Speaker 3: They said nine and eight and no playoffs.
Speaker 6: He stuck to it, man.
Speaker 3: He pulled everyone in the hall from here.
Speaker 4: He was trying to get some support he was. He wasn't getting any he was.
Speaker 3: He looked defeated and we had to tell him. He called me after the show after after he talked about it eighty five times in the hall. He did not know what trolling.
Speaker 6: He didn't.
Speaker 3: He thought trolling was when you hit the follow button and following somebody on X. He thought that was trolling. So he was like, well, Jesse said, you troll it. He's like, man, what are you talking about? So it bothered him so bad he called me an hour after the show, was like, Man, I learned something today that's.
Speaker 5: Hilarious, and it was so sincere. Like in the hallway, he's like, He's like, man, I ain't know what trolling me. You said I was trolling in there. I ain't know what you were talking about. Man, that's our guy.
Speaker 3: Man, he got no support for nine and seven and not winning a playoff. You gotta win a playoff game. But I can you know, I can see where he's coming from, because if the season continues the way.
Speaker 4: It is, well, all the cards are stacked against him.
Speaker 3: Right, the injuries and the you know, and all this that's happened, and you got I got a new defensive coordinator and blah blah blah. But you gotta think the person that's in charge of all these things that are preventing you from winning more than nine games is also the one that has you on a one year contract. That's like, but if.
Speaker 5: It was just the injuries, yeah, if it was just injuries, then that's different. If the losses were competitive, yes, right, that's then it's different.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 5: If we got to the end of this year and we looked up and the Cowboys had eight losses, let's just use Nate's numbers for example, they had eight losses and all those losses was was within one four points, and you can attribute that to Boy, if we didn't have a large majority of our roster in those situations, then maybe because then you can say to yourself, wow, boy, if we go into freeency really this time and go all in and and really get this thing going, get our guys back healthy, our younger players that he talked about, Jerry talked about having struggles take the next step.
Speaker 6: We could have something.
Speaker 5: But it's not just the injuries and what's not to speak it into existence, But what's about to start happening is you're about like the effort is already you're already losing the effort battle. But now you're gonna start seeing guys really turn you off. And that's the biggest part, as I can't bring a guy back here next year that they turned off. Yeah, if the players begin to give off that vibe and it's and they don't have to say say anything. You can walk into a room, you can be in a space and you can see when the energy's off, when guys don't when guys no longer believe the things that you're saying. And that's the biggest part about sometimes when you have to when you have to fire coaches, is if you've lost the locker room, if guys no longer and it's visible when I can watch a game and I know certain guys and I know certain attributes and attitudes and those aren't shining through, you've lost them.
Speaker 4: All. When Wade Phillips got fired, we all saw that last game, obviously on the field, but did you get that sense leading up to it that there was already.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because we felt it. You felt it. Guys begin to feel it. Gods start now, guys start hunting for stats, the yolo ball, the hero ball that we keep hearing about like that, guys were doing more of that. It was I'm not getting hurt, and this is the honest to God truth. As the year went on, God started saying to themselves, not to themselves, but openly about I don't want to get hurt because if I get hurt when this thing is all over, I can't leave, Like I physically can't leave. I gotta stay here and do treat man. I gotta stay here and do rehab.
Speaker 6: So Gods, that that was. That was a portion of it.
Speaker 5: Those guys who had one year left, who's on one year deals were saying, I can't get hurt because I want to go into a free agency healthy. So God start looking at at you know, those other gods were like, well, i'm a I'm a I'm a buck the scheme and try to go get a sack or go go you know, or jump you know, jump routes or guess routes and try to get an interception and you know, throw me the ball and those type of things. That that was the mentality because gods looked at the at the writing on the wall and was saying, this won't be the same next year, and I need to go get mine to either be re signed here under the new coach or give myself the ability to hit the free market and be healthy and have some stats to go and say, hey, give me a contract. And when you lose a locker room like that, it just it makes it very difficult too to bring a guy back to coach.
Speaker 3: Speaking in the locker room, you want to talk about your big article on ESPN that you read.
Speaker 4: It's a big article. It's got a lot of buzz here.
Speaker 3: Today we've talked about it on the show before let's get back into it a little bit before we get into x's and o's. What was your article?
Speaker 4: Well, ESPN ran a story today. They had a reporter basically go on a tour or two of our facility.
Speaker 6: I think she came by our show.
Speaker 3: It's probably one of the ones.
Speaker 4: Well, it sounds like at least once she came through on a Saturday. But anyway, the story was about how the tours and I guess to a larger degree, just all of the stuff surrounding the Cowboys is distracting and it's hurting the effort on the field. And so they had quotes from former players, including some that went on on on the record Jeron Curst or on Tomstrong Pollard I think therom a Fowler saying that, yeah, you know now that we're in this other team, it's all about the football, and you don't feel like an animal on a zoo with people coming by and staring and whispering and all this kind of stuff. And so it's got a lot of buzzs. Like I said today, people, it's just kind of one more thing on the on the stack of negative negativity surrounding the season and just it's another reason people are pointing to and saying, oh, this is another reason why the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Aren't Nellos here. So I have an opinion on this. Jesse does too. If you tell me that that that a tour walking through this building affects how you perform on game day, then you got a lot more issues as a player than a tour walking through this building. Now, what it does is it presents a perception, and they're right. Every the perception is right. This is an entertainment brand. This is not a just a football brand. You go to Pittsburgh, that's a football brand. You go to the game, you hear a rock band on the plaza, and before the game it shuts off, and if they lose, you don't hear you don't hear music on the plaza.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 3: Our plaza is you don't know if we want or lost, right, because it's an entertainment brand. And Jerry will tell you that he's here. He wants people to have a good time when they come to the game, whether and.
Speaker 4: He was very open about it in this He's like, we're here to make money.
Speaker 3: Now, the perception as a player, you're going from the lunch room to work out, and here comes a group of thirty people walking through your your office.
Speaker 5: You watch our show if you just watch this wa go back here they come through it like right, the people, the people that walk by this window. On the other side of this wall is a ceiling, the floor glass that looks out where to the practice free right, that's coming from. Where the lunch room, that's coming from, where the locker room, the meeting room, the training room, the weight room area. So when y'all see those people that we stopped and we go hey, y'all, hey, they are either coming from or headed to the areas where all the players dwell.
Speaker 3: And if you happen to be going through at a time where they're in transition, you get to see those players. Yep, you get to see the coaches. So the flip side to that is, if you if you have often asked yourself, like I'm sure a lot of our fans do, you haven't won a championship in thirty years, how do you stay so relevant?
Speaker 6: There?
Speaker 3: You go access, You get access here like you get nowhere else. You can't walk through. You couldn't up until a few years ago, you couldn't go out on the playing surface of another ball field because that's where they play football. Now everybody's doing everybody's given tours of Now you even do it on grass fields now, like at the Rose Bowl and stuff where they give tours. Because one it's it's opens up access to fans and let you get that extra connection. You know, it's a revenue generator. There's always going to be these things because Jerry. Jerry's into making money. Jerry likes to make money right, and he also likes to expose fans to things that you can't necessarily. The Cowboys Club you can. You can go join the Cowboys Club for a small field and it's like a country club without a golf course. Your golf course is the practice field. You bring clients up there, you have lunch, you go out, smoke cigars on the patio, and you watch the Cowboys practice. Where who else is doing that in pro sports? Now? Guess what they're starting to do that with the Spurs down in San Antonio. They have a club there. There's other clubs that are popping up.
Speaker 5: But sidebar if you think Bill Belichick is coming here and fools get to go out on that rooftop and smoke cigar while he practicing. I'm telling y'all, y'all got another thing coming.
Speaker 3: Back to you would have unlike at and T Stadium, he would have black curtains on those windows during.
Speaker 6: That.
Speaker 3: That's just part of it, man, That's what But does it affect the football? Is this brand all about football?
Speaker 8: One?
Speaker 3: It's about entertainment? Right? Does it affect Sundays and Thursdays and whatever days we play on?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 3: I find it hard to believe if you're a professional athlete that that distracts you. Is it? Is it a talking point where you can say, yeah, I felt like a cage's animal on a zoo. Is it gonna affect how many reps you get in, or how much you can deadlift or what you do on some I find that very hard to believe.
Speaker 6: And I agree with you one thousand percent.
Speaker 5: If that is your means of distraction, then football is not your thing, not at the pro level. But what it opens up is we talked, you mentioned it. You said this is an intertain.
Speaker 3: Space.
Speaker 5: So if I'm dwelling in this space and I'm seeing the revenue generated in this space, well I get my business back too, And now I start wanting to do this this where the fifty three brands come into play. That affects what you do on Sunday, That affects your attention span throughout the work because.
Speaker 3: You see these things and you realize this is I can capitalize on this too, right.
Speaker 5: And honestly, like depending on the mood or the year, whatever, Jerry wants you to get that kind of business.
Speaker 6: Like we've seen the way.
Speaker 3: The stuff with Jalen, right, Like we've seen.
Speaker 5: The way that it has helped other people grow businesses and other people be able to profit off those things off there. You know, they're not college, but their name likeness and the name image and likeness on the pro level. But you are in this building and you're seeing how things are done in this building. It breeds entrepreneurs entrepreneurship, and so guys want to go out now and be a part of that. I know, I know that there's some uh uh, you know companies throughout this area that they you know, hire players to come out and do their autograph signings. Those are part of their packages that you come do a towards stadium or at the practice facility.
Speaker 6: So like it's all within that, and so.
Speaker 5: The tours itself isn't a big enough distraction to to equate to it not being a good brand on the football field. The environment in which you're around all day long makes you want to do more things outside of football that may take your time, energy and efforts away from the things that will help you on Sunday because you're looking around all day long. And and I remember Chris brought it up one time. I think it was like, what was it like fifty two dollars a ticket to go.
Speaker 4: On a tour cheap is just forty and it goes out.
Speaker 6: Forty the right depending on So you talking about.
Speaker 4: They make ten million in a year on tours.
Speaker 3: From the articles a.
Speaker 4: Star in the stadium combined, they make ten.
Speaker 5: Million, ten million dollars for people to walk through here. Like if I'm as a player, I'm like, I need to be in on that. I need I need some of that brand too. So I think, again, the tours itself doesn't equate to bad football. The fifty three brands do that.
Speaker 4: There's two quotes that kind of stood out to me. One was from Curse. I guess he's retired now, but jay Ron Curse, Yeah, he said, it's not a reason why we didn't get over the hump, But I just don't think it equates to winning. Like you said, they're getting the minds elsewhere. And then then Jordan Lewis pretty much said exactly what you did. He said, football players, we are some of the most mentally tough people in the world. Supposedly, you challenge a man's will every single snap. So if the tours are a problem for you, that's going to carry on in other aspects of your game. Like if you can't if you can't block that, you can't block out the tours and you can't and you can't focus on what you're doing during the game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but again, the tours aren't from a player's perspective because this this didn't just happen. Even back when I was in Valley Ranch, there was always something going on.
Speaker 3: There's always a celebrity, there's always a v P rolling through the locker.
Speaker 6: Something's going on, you know.
Speaker 5: Ben Denucci was tweeting out about this this morning, like, Yeah, I was working out on a Tuesday morning and you know, people tapping the glass. I remember working out one Tuesday morning Tiger Woods walks in Tiger Tiger Woods and Tony Romo walk into the weight room to get a lift in.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Like, that's hard.
Speaker 5: Like literally, you're sitting I'm sitting on the ground with a group of us and we're doing avs and you look up and it's it's Tiger Woods, and you want, you know, you go back in the weight room and him and Tony he's he got he got three fifteen on the bitch bah Bo.
Speaker 6: You're like, let's take a look.
Speaker 3: Who's your who's your athlete? Because when you're in this environment so much, you just get numb to being around important people and athletes and celebrities. Is there anybody that you've actually kind of been like, all right, that's kind of cool, or.
Speaker 5: From the pro like pro and college. It was meeting Michael Jordan. Yeah, right, when Michael Jordan walked on the first I met him, we were in the wait, you know, oddly enough, he walked in and like you hear Reggie Miller talk about like they call him black Jesus.
Speaker 6: It felt I don't know what Jesus feels.
Speaker 5: Like when he walks into this aura, right, it felt like Jesus walked in the room like it like it the room changed, it changed for this eighteen year old, nineteen year old kid to watch Michael Jordan and however tall you think he is, when.
Speaker 6: He walks in the room, he's taller, he's taller, he's bigger, he's he's he's Goliath. It feels like.
Speaker 3: When he walked into the room and you're like, oh my god, that is a Michael Jordan.
Speaker 6: And so he's always been the one.
Speaker 3: I mean, for me, anybody, anybody after you were grown or in the league or anything that you met that you were like, not really starstruck, maybe starstruck, but at least like that's pretty cool. I'm glad I got to meet that person.
Speaker 6: I gotta think about it.
Speaker 5: I met so many people like that's another advantage of being a Dallas Cowboy. You know, whether you're here, whether you're away, there's a group of people that come together and you get a chance to be around those people.
Speaker 6: I gotta think about it, man, think about the break going.
Speaker 3: All right, let's let's speak of breaks. Let's take our first break. We'll get into some football when we come back Cowboys offense versus forty nine Ers defense. When we come back on hanging with the boys.
Speaker 6: How's wing stop sound?
Speaker 7: Chrispy Juicy, Classic Wings, sauceted tossed that those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut season fries, housemade honey Mustard, blue Cheets or signature Wingstop Rage. I think You've heard enough, Get your leave it delivered at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 1: This is Nate Newton from Hanging with the Boys and wing Stop is here to bring the flavor to game date as the official Wings.
Speaker 9: Of the Dallas Cowboys. Order now by download the wings Stop app. Order online at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 8: Hey Cowboys fans, a twenty twenty four football season is here and set Gig is here to help you experience.
Speaker 7: All the action.
Speaker 3: Seat Gig makes it easier to.
Speaker 8: Find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season. Whether you're buying or selling tickets at Cowboys football games or to any other live event, seat.
Speaker 3: Gig is the place to do it.
Speaker 8: Seat Gig is the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys. The most disruptive idea in ticketing a ticket that works. Expect the expected seed geek.
Speaker 10: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even us pro were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 6: Prescott keats slides for the first.
Speaker 10: Down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rooky and crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect.
Speaker 4: Grow my goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 10: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 8: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smeir enough knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks. Home we're away, we rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love.
Speaker 6: For them boys smear enough we do game days. Please drink responsibly. Back to hang in with the Bulls.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the second segment. I Hang on with the Boys brought you each and every day by blockchain dot Com. Thank you blockchain dot com. KURTA Hey, Hey, get ready for the ultimate game to experience. Thanks to seven eleven, you could win a VIP experience to the Cowboys. Speak speaking of access, you can win a VIP experience to the Cowboys versus Legal Showdown on December the ninth. Just text Cowboys VIP to seven eleven, seven to eleven for your chance to win premium club ticket, sideline passes, travel and more. Don't miss out in or now No purchase necessary ends on eleven twenty. Must be eighteen or older. In the US DC void work prohibited. Message and data rates may apply. Visit b T dot l y slash go seven one one seven one one for full details and non text intry you.
Speaker 5: Is texts yeah, and you get access. You'll have a chance to get access behind the scenes.
Speaker 4: We got people asking about your shirt man one.
Speaker 5: This was shout out to U. We all got yeah, alio this Amelio.
Speaker 3: I like the way it washes. It kind of starts getting a little distressed. Mine still like in sticker mode.
Speaker 5: Yeah, his daughter she made these for us. I told him we need to get some updated one because our logo has changed. So you gotta tell you gotta tell uh where mind is? You gotta tell your daughter that we need we need some more of these.
Speaker 3: Yeah, speaking up before we get back into football.
Speaker 6: Or maybe I should start printing the mount of Sola.
Speaker 5: I mean entrepreneur everybody else making money on the action that cease and desist that it will come from real quick.
Speaker 3: That Derek, what's this all about? That text would come so quick when telling you say, hey, stop out after the show, I'll stopped by before. No, no, no, no, Well I'm not getting fired because he's let me actually go on the show.
Speaker 6: That's a football protocol practice. Do the world cut you afterwards, get a full day's word. I don't want you to be distracted before I fire.
Speaker 3: You go ahead and get what done to get done.
Speaker 5: Shut out to Derek, and that text will coach so quick. But I remember talking about Sideway. He'll do it, so so tell me about oh.
Speaker 3: Derek still, Oh he is the most my I would just sit back and watch. You know, he was like he was like national or state debate champ at University of Texas and his negotiating skills and the way that he can let you manipulate yourself without you tell yourself.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, like.
Speaker 3: With a few words, he can get exactly what he and I used to walk out of his off sometimes and goes, I'll be damn, I went in there and.
Speaker 5: Standing on the table for the he'll he'll have you all jumbled up.
Speaker 3: And if for him, you know, you stumping when he goes, you know what, that's that's a good point. You know, let me let me think about that. That means you got him. That means you got him. So if you can get him, you know, it doesn't happen very often. You get everyone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you've already told he should work for the FBI or something. You know what does when the feds come, then the feds. When the Feds come for you, the case is already closed. Oh yeah, they just now who's taking who, who's doing the time? We already got it, We already got the evidence.
Speaker 3: The Feds are not coming after you if they don't have a they're not looking like a ninety something when they're not the local police. And none of us have enough money to fight the feds.
Speaker 11: But talking about I just looked up debate champions U I L ninety, nineteen ninety ninety one, number one, and for a Lincoln Lincoln Douglas debate, Derek.
Speaker 3: H School there you go, Yeah, you're not You're not winning.
Speaker 6: You ain't winning that, bro, Bro, you take your punishment.
Speaker 3: That is a that is a good skill set to have as an executive. How to he's so calm to very diplomatic, doesn't yell, doesn't you know, doesn't use foul language, and just you leave it his off and you're like, damn, he got me. He's good.
Speaker 6: He's good.
Speaker 3: I looked up and finished second. The first in finished second is now a lawyer in Houston, SUH. Speaking of sideline access, that's another thing that that could be known as a distraction, that is a destruction on game day. Distraction people they I know they've over the years they called that back, especially after you know, starting with COVID. But we were the original. The Cowboys were the original. I guess had the original influencer program before social media. Because Jerry coming down there, he would have, you know, Chris Christy, the Governor of New York would be you know, Jersey on the sideline and you look, there's the undertaker and there's this person and you know, now yeah, now, you know that was while there was social media, but even before social media, those people were coming to games and coming down. And you know, now it's people want people to come down, right, Like all you see all the teams are putting on their social channels, they're doing content with them. But the cowboys were like the low key like you would just look up and it would be like, oh wow, that's the president. That's the former president over there with like yeah, no big deal. Like now you kind of know, like you would hear if Lebron was coming, you would hear if Connor McGregor was coming. But back then you would just look up and it be like, oh wow, that's that's the guy from John Burtnall from the Punisher series that no one has a clue who he is. He's a Washington fan and he's in his commander's jersey and you have to actually be looking for him to realize that he's, you know, part of the crowd that's always been around. And that's actually I imagine as a player, that's a cool thing too, is like looking up during warm ups and it's like, oh my god, that's the Undertaker, Like I have to go say hi. Like but you also need to be warming up what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: That's a part too.
Speaker 5: You know, you look up, you're like that, Pam Anderson, is that Yeah that you know what I'm saying. Maybe some hot chicks over there.
Speaker 4: Okay, I mean let.
Speaker 6: Me let me lock it. Yeah, no that that can be a distraction at times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, but hey, all part of the entertainment.
Speaker 6: I remember when Connor McGregor was here like that, like pre.
Speaker 3: Game, cannot throw a football, by the way, cannot cannot throw a punch.
Speaker 5: Then like that game, guys, I got like an interception or turnover and everybody so like that happened because before the game, right, But you know that's how people feel about Jerry. He's doing the pregame, you know, face off with Jake Paul and then we go and.
Speaker 3: Get outside of football. They're selling it because it's at the stadium, and that's I guess that's the perception of it's not about football it you know when you kick off all that stuff secondary. So yeah, yeah, man, we basically wasted another segment of non football stuff. Let's get into some football before we take a break.
Speaker 6: We can talk about their defense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll just talk about let's just talk about their deep We know they're listen. There's not a whole lot to say about our offense. We've had two weeks to sit on it, and I think we talk about it daily. The offensive line is not really good right now.
Speaker 5: But I am interested offensive line wise, I'm interested, and and I'll monitor, but not monitor, but monitor, as Jerry.
Speaker 3: Would say, that's very Jerry speak.
Speaker 5: That's what he said, We monitor, will not monitor, but monitor.
Speaker 6: Going forward. Who was going to be your.
Speaker 3: Left hand long term? This has been there's been a little kind of you know, murmur, this is our guy. We're sticking with him, and now you just starting to hear a little.
Speaker 4: You think so man, first round pick. I figured they just keep running them out there.
Speaker 5: But then it because if you think back to the Detroit game, he was a healthy scratch.
Speaker 6: He didn't show up on the injury port.
Speaker 4: Are you sure? I thought he wasn't on the injury port, but I thought he wasn't totally ready or something.
Speaker 3: The injury that's what they said. They said he wasn't quite ready to go, but he was dressed.
Speaker 5: It wasn't it wasn't a limited it wasn't a rest day like nothing.
Speaker 3: Didn't he dress? Did he dress that game?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeahs so you're healthy enough to dress.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Like, and like you can at least say, oh, limited in practice or you know, rest day or whatever.
Speaker 6: There was.
Speaker 5: There was no declaration of anything for him in that week, so everyone thought, myself included all right, you're going back to And so now there's been a little bit of kind of it.
Speaker 3: WHI Yeah, it's good Nate's not on the show today because he would he would dominate this because we know how he feels. Let them, let them play, let him play all the reps he can get, let him play. But you're the point right now where you can steal, salvage, salvage I mean, there's not a lot to salvage. What three and three?
Speaker 6: Yeah, a lot of season left.
Speaker 3: I would almost go, hey, let's let's put our best five out there. Let's sacrifice the reps right now until we get to a point where we feel like.
Speaker 6: See that is the We're done. This is the This is the debate that I have. Is that the best five?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Because it's bass better than.
Speaker 5: He's not, Like I said, they not got it, but like is because Tyler Smith at left guard is the first team All Pro right.
Speaker 3: At left tackle.
Speaker 5: At left tackle, he's average, He's okay. So then I don't want to put this.
Speaker 3: T J.
Speaker 5: Bass to Tyler Smith is like this, and in terms of skill set and domination and grading, but Tyler Smith to Tyler Geiton might be like this.
Speaker 6: So it's like, is that the best five?
Speaker 5: Or putting Tyler Smith back at left guard Tyler Tyler Guyton back at left tackle. And now I'm scheming, I'm helping, I'm chipping. So yeah, it's easy to help there. But at least I know that I don't have a hole anymore with Tyler Smith at left guard. And that also helps out Cooper Bebie because to his left and to his right he has Pro bowlers right, so he information wise, help wise, twist wise, all those things. He's he's better suited to have the help there because of the two players that are beside him. And for Dak, the one place that you want to make sure is protect it is that and it's not just Dak as any quarterback. No quarterback wants to get the rush coming right down the middle, like I can deal with it from the side, can step up, I can manipulate it. But if it's coming right down the pike, then I'm I'm screwed. So again, that's the conversation, is the is Tyler Smith that left tackle TJ Bass that left guard the best five? Or is Guiding that left tackle Tyler Smith that left guard the best five? Yeah, that's asked that, And that's what I'm I'm I'm there to me.
Speaker 3: And and and even if it's kind of if you're having to think about it that hard, it's probably best to let guid and go to get the reps because you're you're kind of killing two birds with one stone.
Speaker 5: And then then I also fall into that same argument. Is and and I'll argue with Nate about this all the time. Is you know Nate says, let him get the reps, he'll get better. Well not necessarily, like more reps don't mean you get better.
Speaker 3: But if you're gonna get better, you're only gonna get better with the ring reps, correct, right, Which, if you think about Tyler Smith's rookie year at this point in the season, he might not be struggling as bad as Guiding, but you know, the jury was kind of still out. Is he going to progress and then as he played more and got more reps, he turned into what's probably gonna be.
Speaker 4: A Pro Bowl inside the guard.
Speaker 3: So well that too. It's a very interesting. There's so much broken on this team. I'm curious how this place all right. Well, that's it for the Cowboys offense. Tone for the next segment, and we'll go. We'll dedicate it directly to uh the forty nine Ers defense when we come back for the last segment of Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 7: How's wing Stop sound christy juicy classic wings, sausted, tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut season fries, house made honey mustard, blue cheets or signature Wingstop range.
Speaker 6: I think you've heard enough.
Speaker 3: Leave it delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 1: This is Nate Newton from Hanging with the Boys and Wingstop is here to bring the flavor to game day as the official Wings.
Speaker 6: Of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: Order now by download the wings Stop out order online at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 10: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 2: Pruscott keeps it slides for the first down.
Speaker 10: Investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 2: Perfect grow my goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 10: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 2: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it. As you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiero's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamoli made with real half avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Your hero's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 8: Grab some today, Hey Cowboys fans, A twenty twenty four football season is here, and seat Gig is here to help you experience all the action. Seed Gig makes it easy to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season. Whether you're buying or selling tickets at Cowboys football games or to any other live event, seat Gig.
Speaker 3: Is the place to do it.
Speaker 8: Seat Gig is the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys. The most disruptive idea in ticketing a ticket that works. Expect the expected seed geek.
Speaker 6: Back to hang in with the Bulls.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the spinal segment of Hanging with the Boys, brought to you each and every day by Jigsaw, the proud dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. All right, let's get into uh forty nine. Let me say this defense.
Speaker 6: Just just and Chris brought to some of my attention.
Speaker 5: And I want to make sure Tyler Goton was on the injury report, but he was full all week. I don't want to I don't want that to come off as with the knee, right, yeah, with the knee. Thanks for the fact check there, Chris, Appreciate you.
Speaker 7: Brother.
Speaker 3: Don't want us being pulled off YouTube for misinformation.
Speaker 5: I definitely don't want to get that. Derek text hey, Jessic, tell office and talk to you about something.
Speaker 3: Uh So, Jesse, You've let it be known in past shows in past years that you think Fred Warner's probably the best linebacker in the league. You still is he still got it?
Speaker 5: If I die and I get to Heaven and Jesus says.
Speaker 3: He come back as a linebacker. You can come back, but only as a football player.
Speaker 6: Who do you want to create as a general?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 5: Fred Warner is poetry emotional Wow, Like he really is, Like I I truly enjoy watching.
Speaker 3: What is it you like about his game?
Speaker 5: I love he is so knowledgeable, like you can like the way that he directs traffic, the way that he gets through He's he I mean, he's a good tackler, he's a good cover. I mean he's a green doc guy like he is just everywhere on the football field.
Speaker 6: I love watching. I'm a huge and I'm an offensive guy.
Speaker 5: But to watch if you, if you're a football person, you enjoy watching like I like ray Lewis right, Like I wasn't really into like studying other guys as I was coming up. You study your opponents. You have to play, But you know, I didn't get into studying ray Lewis. But I'm sure if you went back and you watched Ray Lewis, you probably would. Those who watched it at that time thought he probably was you know that guy, he was that guy.
Speaker 6: But Fred is just so good man.
Speaker 3: He's he's a number one ranked linebacker right now. That's actually. I've seen him on a couple of interviews and I really enjoyed listening to him talk. He's such a good football. He's smooth too. He's yeah.
Speaker 5: But about this defense, you're looking at a four to three defense from the Niners. Now, this is to me. You know, a computer you may have, you may be on the computer. You may be on the home computer. You might be right Troy Vincent and company. They may be up there in the New York offices and they may have it out for the Cowboys, because I'll be damn it, we don't have another top.
Speaker 6: Pass rusher that we got to deal with this week. I feel like we've seen them all, Like, right, we've seen We're not we're not about to.
Speaker 3: See the top pass rushers so far, and then we're.
Speaker 6: About to see Nick Bosa.
Speaker 5: We've seen Aiden Hutchison for half, we've seen Miles Garrett, we've seen some of like we've seen some of the best pass rushers the game.
Speaker 11: T J.
Speaker 5: Watton in uh In Pittsburgh, We've seen some of the best at the game has has to offer.
Speaker 4: The top of this Pro Football Focus. Number one is Hutcheson. Two is Watt, Pittsburgh saw him. Three is Mac haven't seen him in Garrett's fourth Cleveland Bosa coming up fifth, Herberg with Pittsburgh's six.
Speaker 3: Six of the top seven. Computer, we've only played six games.
Speaker 6: Computer. You might be on or something. Brother, I might let you back off for a call. Your theory might be coming true.
Speaker 5: But the Cowboys facing another top pass rusher in uh In Nick Bosa. This defense is a little bit different than the defense the defenses of the Niners past, and the reason being to me, this is like their third defensive coordinator, you.
Speaker 6: Know what I mean, Like like they keep getting they keep getting hired.
Speaker 5: All the defense quarterings keep going to other places and getting hired, and so h the precision isn't there. They give up some plays. Now, what the Cowboys have to be able to do is identify when that play is given up and hit it.
Speaker 6: They give up some players in the secondary. You watch all of their.
Speaker 5: Games and at least two times, maybe three, depending on who they're playing. A guy's running Scott Free and some of the games they've hit him. And some of the games I remember I was watching Seattle and DJ Metcalf. Someone didn't pick him up and he's running straight down the middle of the field. Gen late getting the ball to him incomplete would have been a touchdown. Chang's the outcome of the game. You know that game was a wonkye game. Another play against the Cardinals, Kyler Murdy, Kyler Murray RPOs comes around the backside of of the of the defense. Nobody's there to play him. Nobody, like, I mean, nobody's there. Like he's pointing, he's celebrating seven yards.
Speaker 3: Into this run. Oh yeah, at the like the fifty or the forty. Yeah I saw that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's like this, he's like celebrating and nobody covered him. So there's there's a there's a number of plays like that that you're watching this game where they're just as not as pristine as they used to be. And that could be just new coordinators all the time, new players and just trying to get everybody in play. I don't know if they'll have There was talks that they may have Drake Greenlaw back. He was the he was the ying uh to Fred Wannazang. He's been out for a while and so there's talks that he of course he wants to come back and play as the Cowboys, and talks that Drake Greenlaw may come back that will help their defense. They got a good pass stress up front. Belie Collins is over there, Leonard Floyd's over there. Of course, Nick Bosa. They they want to do some twists. The thing for the Cowboys when I watch the Niners, if you just line up, which a lot of times the Cowboys do, you're not gonna beat them.
Speaker 3: You're not.
Speaker 6: You're not You're not good enough to just line up.
Speaker 3: What do you have to do?
Speaker 5: You got a motion, you gotta move, You have to manipulate, you gotta I'm not so much all into trickery, but I think that's not that's not stustainable, right, But you need to have a little bit of that in there too, Like there needs to be something misdirection there, something they haven't seen before, just something that gets the moving right, something that gets guys that have to they have to pass it off, they have to cross each other, something where they're where their communication has to take on a sense of urgency.
Speaker 3: Or something where you have to make the defense think for maybe half a second policy to wait, I haven't seen this before.
Speaker 5: Right, Like, there was a play in the Seattle game where DK metcalf is is he's running a basic shallow cross right and h the other linebacker, Fred Warner is covering it. And then he passes it off to the middle linebacker or a middle linebacker. Is it ready for the pass off? And now two guys because Fred Wanner pass it off and goes and cover the back to his side. Well, that linebacker also went to cover the back to his side, didn't get the pass off. Dk mencals catch a small little dump off pass turns it up the field for a big game. You see a lot of times when you have to make them communicate through things that they missed the pass off, they missed the you got it now, or any of that type things. Or if you go in motion at the snap, If you're moving in motion at the snap, again, they have to do their recount. If you just line up, in my opinion, you're not good enough to beat this football team defensively. You're not good enough you cannot just think, now I'm gonna line up and not motion and not do changing direction and not do things after post snap, and you're gonna beat this defense. You're not good enough. Your players aren't good enough. And Kirby Joseph said this a week or so ago with the H with Detroit. He said, we're gonna we double Lamb and we're gonna we're gonna live with everybody else. What he said he said, he said, our game plan was, we're gonna double eighty eight and make and and we'll deal with anybody else.
Speaker 6: They're good enough to single up.
Speaker 4: Eighty eighth forty nine. A.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're good enough.
Speaker 5: If you doubt he'll make some plays, but they're good enough to say, hey, we'll sen him cover them and we'll just dominate somewhere else. H. You gotta make those guys and then the and and then they decide to go ahead and double him.
Speaker 6: Meaning CD. Yeah, the other guys have to make plays.
Speaker 5: But this is where this is where Michael from Pittsburgh has to step up in this particular particular game. You gotta give guys some other options.
Speaker 6: What what you have been doing.
Speaker 5: This defense will eat you alive. If you just line up and if they don't change hit, it's today's Wednesday. Yes, I'm predicting. I'm predicting. If you run either those double slants or you run those simple little why option routes, Fred Warner.
Speaker 6: Is gonna in accept the football. I'm telling you.
Speaker 5: He's too good at diagnosing, he is too good at reading reaction. And if you throw the same route underneath, he's gonna pick it off. Either he's gonna pick it off, or he's gonna get his hand in there and tip it up and someone else is gonna pick it off. I'm predicting that on Wednesday. I saw many games where he was so close to getting them and the cow And that's why I'm saying, like, you gotta do something different than what you've done, because everything you've done has been absolutely predictable. And guys like Fred Warner, guys like this De's on this defense and around Fred Warner, especially if he gets Drake Greenlaw back, can't be predictable.
Speaker 4: Which said they said yesterday they won't.
Speaker 5: They won't have him back. Okay, well that's a plus. That's a plus. That's a plus for the caw.
Speaker 3: Remember he tore his Achilles in the Super Bowl in February. Yeap, non contact right, yeah.
Speaker 5: And uh and so yeah, I mean this is a this is a good football team. We know that they're banged up a lot offensively. They lost one of their starting corners or starting safeties to a.
Speaker 6: Tibia phibia broken tibia phibia a week or so ago.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's eric cast he was out of there. But the Cowboys can't be predictable.
Speaker 3: So we'll leave you with a As we ride off into the sunset today, we'll leave you the stat that will make you feel better about this. Uh, San Fran defense and Cowboys offense. San Fran is tied for third and the most take for the most takeaways in the league with thirteen. Dallas is tied for four in most turnovers with eleven. So there you go. That should be a great matchup. Kurt, thank you for the stats. Jesse, thanks for the stuff. Nate, we missed you. Hopefully we see you tomorrow. Chris, thanks for keeping us on the air. Josh Jass, thanks for keeping him company. We'll be back tomorrow. My Friday, Mine and Nate's Friday. What are y'all gonna do? Are y'all gonna bring in a special guest.
Speaker 6: Chicken and chicken. We definitely chicken.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have a special guest. Chris, you're working on that.
Speaker 4: What are we doing?
Speaker 3: Were working on that? All right? Working on that. Tune in tomorrow to see who the special guest is Little Friday or not? Oh computer, whoop up on that punching bag. Get ready for Friday.
Speaker 6: I forgot about that video. You're not getting on out.
Speaker 3: We will be back tomorrow. Hey, you with the boys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.