Speaker 1: Speaks to the Plannet.
Speaker 2: I go by the name of Charlamagne the God and guess what, I can't wait to see y'all at the third annual Black Effect Podcast Festival. That's right, We're coming back to Atlanta, Georgia, Saturday, April twenty six at Poeman Yards and it's hosted by none other than Decisions, Decisions Man, D B and Wheezy. Okay, we got the R and B Money podcast. We're taking Jay Valentine. We got the Woman of All Podcasts with Sarah Jake Roberts. We got Good Mom, Bad Choices. Carrie Champion will be there with her next sports podcast and the Trap Nerds podcast with more to be announced. And of course it's bigger than podcasts. We're bringing the Black Effect Marketplace with black owned businesses plus the food truck court to keep you fed while you visit us.
Speaker 1: All right, listen, you don't want to miss this.
Speaker 2: Tap in and grab your tickets now at Black Effect dot Com Flash Podcast Festival.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Can't beleeve Reckless, the production of iHeartRadio and The Black Effects And just like that, we're back on the air. Welcome back to yet another carefully reckless episode.
Speaker 1: With your jess. Hilarious.
Speaker 3: What I be doing, i'd be fixing mess. Taylor is in here with me, but she's working or whatever. So when she's tied, y'all, she says she's tied to y'all senning and all these bullshit ay stories y'all can't spell, y'all can't read not so I listen. She's pregnant, all, so she just she's just tired, that's all. Baby's kicking, and the baby is kicking, y'all, So she she's sick of y'all, just like I was sick of y'all before.
Speaker 1: But she's gonna be so just being with it.
Speaker 3: Y'all know, y'all ever been pregnant, y'all know, it's a lot of fucks that you don't give about a lot of shit. So it's very hard to be pregnant and to care about a lot of shit other than the baby.
Speaker 1: Are you nervous yes? Her birth?
Speaker 3: Okay, yes you are, because this is our first one. She's having a little boy, and this is her first baby. This is her and her man's first baby. So is he just starting to get on your nerves as he's starting to know? I mean, because it's gonna be that phase that you go through, like yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, we get into like little tiny arguments, but it's like he just says, it's.
Speaker 1: My hormonal Yeah whatever. But he's good. He's good though.
Speaker 3: Now Listen, I know I've shed a little bit of light on this before, but Taylor, when I was pregnant, Taylor just didn't I'm not gonna say she didn't want kids, but she didn't want to be the one to have the kids. This is the woman who said that she doesn't feel like I have to carry the baby for nine months, and.
Speaker 1: She still feels that way. I so wholeheartedly.
Speaker 4: I just feel like, like, cool, the experience is great, Like I get to feel his flooter's cool, but I still want to like do some other stuff, Like yeah, I like.
Speaker 3: You want to be able to smoke, You want to be you want to break from being pregnant, like not much.
Speaker 1: Strain's too goddamn long for you.
Speaker 4: But did you know that elephants afgans have to be pregnant for two years? Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And you, while you're sitting over heer complaining about nine months them big motherfucker's got to walk around with another big motherfucker inside of him for two years, two years just saying fun fact like no elephant like funat but that ain't fun y'all fucking humans complain about so much ship.
Speaker 1: How are you gonna how do you plan to give birth? Boo? Do you plan to natural? Natural? Epidoral? Just give me your business a little bit. I know I'm not. I mean, I don't know. We'll see. I'm not gonna make it. Think I'm gonna try to. You're not speak.
Speaker 4: I'm saying like as in like natural wise like I'm gonna try as hard as I can't, but yeah, tell me that epida as soon as like yeah, like but I feel like I can see myself like I can't do it no more. It's gonna be too late, and I'm going to put that big head baby out.
Speaker 1: I know that's gonna beautiful. I love it. I would love to see it like.
Speaker 4: It's just a pain, that's all. Like if if it was just easy with that, Like I'm cool.
Speaker 1: So do you want more than one kid? He does? I want to say the second one? Yeah, family, can we get through this one first? And then I say, I just think because.
Speaker 3: It's your first time, you kind of psych yourself out, and that's fine, but girl, you gonna look back and be like, Okay, I can do this again, because what you do it once is like I can do it again. The only thing that makes you not want to do it again is if your baby badter shit and you're like another one.
Speaker 1: Exactly, I'm having a boy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's gonna be so close to him daddy. Girl, Oh my god, he's going to be in love y'all. Your man is gonna be so in love with this baby. I know it's gonna be hard for you to be like. He was like, look go ahead, bab I mean I got this. I've been doing this more than you. You're gonna turn in to Sway on you. I'm gonna turn into Coanye on you and everything.
Speaker 4: This is his son, girl, I know I already see it. He's yeah, yeah, I already know how he's about to be how he is now. But he thinks he's about to put another one in me, like since past I had to tell him. I was like, why don't you want me to be like happy?
Speaker 1: Shut up? Stop y'all? So are you gonna do the mommy makeover?
Speaker 2: Shit?
Speaker 3: Are you going to because you're breast beating, so you're already gonna go back snatch. Now listen, Taylor got off boardy okay, or I just want to let y'all know. Okay, So when she come back snatched, don't be talking about, oh did she do ozempical? Did she lay on the table to get fucking bbl Because she's scared to have a dad baby, So it makes you think she gonna let somebody put her under to do some like.
Speaker 1: She ain't gonna do it. She is scared ass girl, so it ain't gonna happen.
Speaker 3: But I can't wait to see what the snapback gonna get because I'm telling you that breastfeeding is like working out, even though you're probably gonna work out anyway, but the breastfeeding, like it helps your stomach go back down like quickly. So I'm glad to hear that you are breastfeeding. Hanging that pat she gonna have another one, all right? All right, now we're gonna jump straight into it. I just had to get because that tell.
Speaker 1: Is my girl. I still cannot believe that she actually is pregnant. Like I under said, I don't believe it. I just can't believe and I'm like, oh my god, Shed this was one of the last people everyone that I saw it would have a baby because there's no incubators that you can put the baby in. Sciences just finished the price. Science needs to step up for.
Speaker 4: Science needs to step up because there are still they're still trying to make flying cars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they still try to make men have babyesuit some type some type of way. We got these sciences trying to see what's going.
Speaker 1: That would be nice too, What would be nice too if niggas can have babies.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying so, Yeah, I told Hi, I'm gonna get the contraction about too for him, And he's like.
Speaker 3: You want to be you mean in that sense like you want him to be able to feel the pain that you're feeling so that maybe he can like not put another one in you right.
Speaker 1: Away, you know what the feeling. Maybe he will like cut back on we can wait two to five years or what.
Speaker 4: Seeing like our biers I made for this and everything, I'm not taking that back.
Speaker 1: I'm insane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, you know everybody's there if we.
Speaker 4: Both shared this baby.
Speaker 1: Oh you mean like okay, so with Nama, so you carry you carry the baby for four and a half months, and then he carried a yeah, like make it fair. If you love me, you'll listen to this commercial and then we'll be right back.
Speaker 4: I get it though, like women were powerful, like because there's gonna be some woman.
Speaker 1: Like first off, I get ever let her back on our podcast because I'm just.
Speaker 4: Saying, like it's a lie, it's my first one.
Speaker 1: It's okay.
Speaker 3: No, I'm giving you a break. I trust me, I understand. But them niggas ain't never have no babies. So here we go, because you know what I stand for. You know, all right, let's get it.
Speaker 1: Give me in trouble. They're gonna be writing in life first of all, bitch like don't come from us, but I understand that's what separates us too, though.
Speaker 3: No for sure, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, but here we are, Hi, Jess. I feel so broken and lost. I've been trying to find where I fit in in this world. I have come a long way, and I'm proud of where I am in life. I just feel like I'm not happy with it and I'm not sure why. Sometimes I think maybe I'm not happy with myself, so it affects my stability with my emotions. There will be times where I overwork myself to get where I want to be, and I definitely get it done, but is done, I'm like, what's next?
Speaker 1: This is it?
Speaker 3: If I'm not busy doing something, then I feel unproductive. Even though I have accomplished so much, I have always struggled with just not feeling like I'm enough or even doing enough.
Speaker 1: So I kind of stay with me. I guess, Oh, so it kind of stays with me. I guess.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure how to fix this, but I just know that I want to be okay and really drowned in my accomplishments because I came too far. I just don't know. How have you ever felt like you weren't doing enough? Yes, I've felt like that. I feel like that a lot of times. I feel like that right now. Shit Like it's a lot you know going on, even with like since I've come back to work, you know, after being gone for about three months, you know, taking care of this new baby. You know, I'm seven months post part of now, and I've felt you know, a little lost, a lot, you know, a lot lost and broken. Some people will put that on postpartum depression. I don't claim that just because you know, I haven't really been diagnosed with it, so, you know, clinically, like, I really haven't gone to a doctor and shared these thoughts that I've been having since having my baby or since returning to work and things like that, so I have not been clinically diagnosed with postpartum depression. You know, I just kind of stick with it, keep my head up, work, and you know, my fiance affirms me, and you know, being around my kids makes me happy. I feel guilty when I'm away from my baby girl. I feel like I'm not doing enough. I always feel like that maybe my time has passed, like you know, as this nice big sensation or whatever.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I always feel like there's something that I could be doing, and I am doing a lot of shit. You know, I have a lot going on, and sometimes I feel like it's not enough hours in a day to get everything that I have.
Speaker 1: To do done.
Speaker 3: But still at the end of the day, yes, I do feel like, ah, I'm not doing enough. So I think that's very human because you hear you're having the same problem and you're not even well. I don't know, I can't say that you don't have any kids or whatever. I can't say that you. I can't even say that you just had a baby, you know, but I feel like you would have told me that. So I'm just gonna go off of what you told me. You're feeling this way, and I felt that way. I still feel this way at times, and the difference between us, I'm just gonna assume is that I just had a baby. So it goes, you know, that goes to show you that this is a very humanistic thing that you could feel. And it's okay to feel that way.
Speaker 1: I know you.
Speaker 3: Maybe it may get you down and get you in a funk, but pay attention to what you have done. That's what I've learned. Pay attention to what you have done in your accomplishments. You feel like you're not enough, but you have done so much, you know. Basking your ask and your accolades. Girl, basking your accolades. Make sure you are giving yourself grace. You know, you're only human. It is only twenty four hours in a day, you know. And while you are probably a jack of all trades, a person that wears many hats, you still have to master each craft one by one. You can't spread yourself then trying to do everything the best you know.
Speaker 1: To say what she does. She did not say what she does. She did not.
Speaker 3: I wish she would have gone a little bit more into it what she's done, but she did not say what she's done.
Speaker 1: But that's what I got for you, boo.
Speaker 3: I want you to just give yourself some grace and continue to bask in your accolades. Girl, It's okay, sh fix that crown on your head, keep your head.
Speaker 1: Up and keep working. Keep working. Understand that.
Speaker 3: Understand you can't do a lot of things by yourself too, depending on what you are doing and what your goals are in life, and what your career choice is, whatever your path is, and the type of work you do, whatever industry you're in, it's okay to ask for help. I didn't get where I am without a team, you know, and maybe some members of the team wasn't best for me at the time.
Speaker 1: But I still didn't do it all by myself.
Speaker 3: You know, you need everybody, need somebody to make these big things happen, you know what I mean, And I mean like my different companies that I that I I mean, my different businesses that I have.
Speaker 1: You know, just hilarious. Is a company is.
Speaker 3: A business, you know by itself, But there are different departments and umbrellas you know, under that big house, you know what I mean? There are different rooms. That's why I look at my company like a mansion. There are different rooms like different houses, different departments and shit, like different floors that do different things.
Speaker 1: I can't just run it all by myself.
Speaker 3: I oversee everything and I do majority of the work because I am CEO. But there is a cooo, there is a creative director, there is a producer there, you know. So there are different puzzles, I mean, different pieces to the puzzle that makes it complete, you know what I mean. And you can't do it all alone. It sounds like you may be dealing with something like that as well. You need you need some of your time freed up to do the things that you want to get to. You can't do it by yourself, So build a team. Build a team, because I'm trying to figure out how I can give you proper advice when your damn story was boneless. Every time there is something that is missing, I'm gonna call the story boneless. When I feel like ain't enough, ain't enough, It ain't enough. Okay, I need for you to let me know what's going on. All right, So it's okay, don't beat yourself up, don't get down on yourself, you know what I mean. Give yourself grace, Continue to pray. I don't know if you believe in God, if you're a god, fair a woman, whoever you believe to, whoever you believe your creator is, pray, pray, go to them, you know what I mean. Start reading, Start meditating, you know, find different ways to clear your mind. You need somebody to talk to, you know, because if you leave all of this bottled up, who are you unleashing on?
Speaker 1: What is your outlet?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: It sounds like all you do is work, work, work, work, work, and you're not even appreciating yourself for the work that you've already done and the work that you're doing, you know what I mean. So one, you need a team. Two you need meditation, You need somebody you can talk to about this, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And you need to give yourself grace.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's okay to take a break, and you're about to say, right, yeah, I think that's what she's missing. Also is some good me time and some you know things like that. All right, So keep a bitch updated, Hold up, Hold up, I noticed shit getting good. But listen to just a couple seconds of a commercial. If you love me, you'll listen.
Speaker 1: All right, Here we go, Jess, I love you girl. I love you tuboo.
Speaker 3: Thank you for taking a time to read this. If you do so, my situation isn't too bad, but I would like your opinion. So, my mom lost her husband about four years ago, and I want to get her back out there. I'm not trying to rush her grief or anything, because I get it. I miss him as well. But he wouldn't want her to keep holding herself back like this. For example, there's this guy at her job and really likes her. He really likes her. He always compliments her, saying how beautiful she is and just flirting with her. You can tell he has a crush on her, and she is just so stand offish to him. He is real consistent, though. I'll give him that. That man goes hard for her and period. Because my mom is that girl. I know that's why you pick up your mama, Because my mam and that girl too. I just want her to realize it again. Any tips that you could think of that I could give her all well, because your mom is that girl, you know what I mean? Just because she's that girl does not mean that she's ready to jump back out there. I know four years may be ah, you know, a long enough time for you, but just think about it.
Speaker 1: Look at Lauren London.
Speaker 3: How long ago have Nipsey passed? You know what I'm saying, And we haven't seen her pop out with and also.
Speaker 4: Say that she she's not going to she doesn't want to date, like she just like part of her religion in a sense, okay.
Speaker 3: Because I know Nipsey was the love of her fucking life, so who else can even amount up.
Speaker 1: To that guy that he was in her life?
Speaker 3: And kids like yeah, and I and I feel like she is one hundred percent okay with that going through the rest of her life not being with anyone, not devoting her heart to another. You know, I know that crazy, That seems so sad, but I kind of stand it. And that's why I'm saying that, like that's trauma because even with the listener, her mom might get anxiety like going on a date and make me feel guilty, like it's like a whole other step and then four years. It's not that long to you know what I mean, I be that long to her mom. I know it's not even that long to me. And I'm not even in that predicament, you know. She it's not like this was a divorce that her husband passed away. Her husband died, you know what I mean. So it's like, damn, you know, holding onto memories and then like is she even gonna be thinking about him on the day with.
Speaker 1: The guy or she can't get a lot of her mind yet? You know, are you?
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 1: Is your mom healed?
Speaker 3: Yet you don't even know if she's healed from the passing of her husband. And her husband, I'm sure was her best friend. It's like, this ain't only my husband, this is my best friend. This is my lifelong partner, and his life was cut work. So I remember, it's a lot.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of my My grandfather passed and I felt like it was maybe like.
Speaker 1: A couple of years.
Speaker 4: And again they were they're older, but even myself, I'm dripping by my grandfather. So like my mom my aunts were saying like, oh, like call my grandma mom, like, oh, mom, got a hot date, And I was like that's not funny. Yeah, like yeah, I don't know, Like it's just like you're trying to make light of us situation, Like.
Speaker 1: You're definitely not over it. You don't feel like it's funny or cute. No, like it.
Speaker 4: Is not talking about Yeah like a no damn hot date going on over here and me all is not fucking happy over here. She like laughed, like, but I was like no, but what if she was really feeling like I mean, I'm like, what have inside? She was feeling like you like they're making fun of it, but it's like no, I'm really like I don't I'm not ready for that. For years, like what I'm saying like more than forty years, Like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, your grandmother is still look young though she's still out there. I mean she's not, but she still looks like she could be.
Speaker 1: This probably was now like fifteen so years ago.
Speaker 4: My grandma's in her nineties now, okay, she was like probably seventy.
Speaker 1: Did she ever like date again? No?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she was probably content with that, Like I'm okay with that. You know, my husband is gone, you know, God rest the soul. But that was my partner. Dad was my guy. I don't feel like somebody else could measure up to that. So I'm not even gonna waste nobody's time, you know. But I do feel like she should let her mom kind of heal a lot more she I think her moms.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's why I say she got the Now this story wasn't exactly boneless. I ain't gonna say it's boneless, but you did leave some skin off the meat, all right. I feel like, you know, do you still catch your mom crying? Is your mom still like in her mood sometimes where she just misses her not? I don't want to call this man your dad because you didn't say my dad. You said her husband, you know, in which you said you missed him too. So I'm guessing that you guys had and okay enough relationship. Yeah, Like I said, although your mom is that girl beautiful, probably is as beautiful as the day is long, A bubbly personality, a beautiful woman inside and out. I what if she's just not ready. You have to consider her feelings as well, you know what I mean? With her and her husband shared Definitely, it's not something that she can just get over in four years. Again, like I said, four years may be a long time to you, but not to a wife who just lost the husband.
Speaker 1: I don't even know how long were they how long were they married?
Speaker 3: And when your mom's ex husband, y, I'm sorry, And when your mom husband's was a husband was alive, When your mom's husband was alive, did you feel like she was the happiest that you've ever seen her? You know what I mean? Because maybe she was, you know what I mean? If she was, do not get it, but maybe she was. So you don't want to, you know, push mommy into doing something like that, that something that she will possibly regret or resent.
Speaker 1: You know, you don't want your mom.
Speaker 3: You don't want to create no beef between you and your mom either, you know, because right now you got to be strong for her because this is your girl, you know what I mean. You gotta be strong for her. So I just want to say, I love you. Tell your mom I love her. Go give her a wrap your arms around her.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Still also continue to uplift her though, without pushing her into you know, let the guy keep it ain't going no damn way, and she worked with him. Shit, let him keep on you know, making Yeah, she might not want a data nigga that she worked with. You know what I'm saying, she may not and she and just because he like her don't mean that she don't like him. So when she is finally ready, let her choose who she wants or you know, then you can set her up on some dates or whatever like that. But I think it's nothing wrong with the guy having a crush on her. I also feel like there's nothing wrong with you wanting your mom to get back out of there, to get back out there and stuff, but continue to uplift her because she may not be ready, you know, so it ain't nothing wrong with that. And just like that, we've come to the end of yet another carefully reckless episode with your girl.
Speaker 1: Just hilarious. And my boot tailor is here, my baby mama, say bye, Taylor. Hey, she's catching on, y'all, but she's catching on. Catch us next week right here, Peace.
Speaker 4: May be.
Speaker 1: And the
Speaker 4: Mad