Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News, The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 2: All right, just take a look at some of the stocks on the move today.
Speaker 3: Paul Sweeney alongside Alexis Christophers, and we're joined by bloombergs John Tucker, John, what do you got for us here?
Speaker 2: All right? We have to start with Apple. You know, since the start of the year, the stock has been down actually something like one percent. A lot of criticism of the company for not embracing artificial intelligence to the extent that investors think they should. Apple delivering pretty strong revenue forecast for the third quarter. It were that memory chip costs also that that's going to increase. Shortages of Mac computer is going to persist for several months. Still, those shares they were higher. The company said sales going to rise fourteen to seventeen percent in the period. The outlook does look pretty good at both pretty all. For the incoming CEO is going to take over for Tim Cook on September one, John Turnis. Turners appear briefly on the conference goal saying he would maintain Cook's thoughtfulness, deliberateness and discipline as CEO of Apple when he does take over at.
Speaker 3: One more quarter with Tim Cook as overseeing right now, one more earnings call with Tim Cook is really how and then of course that their developers conference in June going to be the next big thing we're all looking at. S Day Lauder. More news coming out of the Fragrance Giant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cutting as many as three thousand more jobs are going to generate a further two hundred million dollars of savings to help boost their turnaround plans. So investors like it, even though it's bad news at least for the employees. The owner of Ordinary Brands among others, said this morning as many as ten thousand rolls will now go off from the previous target of seven thousand announced a year ago. I'll looked it up on the Bloomberg Este latter actually has a global workforce of fifty seven thousand.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: So they're trying to overhaul the knglimer. They've had three years of annual sales drops there and with the latest cuts have as much as one point two billion dollars in savings before taxes to invest in. I guess revamp the company salesman. In particular in the US, they've been flat Stilauters struggled on home turf because tough competition from all the other cosmetics startups.
Speaker 3: And they didn't really mention the pooge push.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean that's part of the going forward, the acquisition and the plans to turn this puppy around from Spain.
Speaker 1: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Apple, our Play and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app. Mm hmm