Speaker 1: Welcome back to Good Mom's Bad Choices. I'm Erica and I'm Mila Hill.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hello there. If you guys are just joining us, this is a very special episode. We are in a different room because you're entering the tribe chat. How are you feeling today, my love? I feel good.
Speaker 2: I like our little new setup. It feels it feels like more like us.
Speaker 1: I've been advocating for this setup since the beginning of since we got the sign.
Speaker 2: It's just it's just I know that it can be a pain in the ass, and I have no I'm not.
Speaker 1: Going to do it. It's inconvenient.
Speaker 2: Some one else is gonna have to do it.
Speaker 1: We're we're in the living room of our studio, but the light is so sexy and it is more us. That's why we got the light. We're like some nighttime bitches, hence the night fairy.
Speaker 2: Well, I want to get right into it.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: I'm really excited because you guys today we are joined by a real witch. You heard it. If you triggered, good keep listening. We know you get really triggered by the word witch. That's why we keep saying it over and over and over for the last six years, but we are joined today by me and Magic, the head witch in charge, the founder of the Witch School. Best selling author. Your book is called Intuition, Into which I love the love and I've been I've been following you, and I love, love, love your page. I just love what you represent, I love what you share. I love how you've tapped into magic and are sharing it with the world, because I think the world of magic gets such a bad rap, and especially the word witch, like that is a word. I think that me and Mila didn't realize how so much negative connotation until really, I mean, I think we always knew, but then, like we do retreats, and so we would say that word, and I remember a few girls being really triggered by that word, and I'm like, why does that upset you so much? So I commend you for going balls to the wall with that. I have indeed, Yes, So, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: It's so good to be here, and me two both, it's so nice to have you. I'm excited. I always really get excited when we get other witches on the show, because I think you're right now a lot of women are comfortable in like claiming that or saying that, And even you and I have had our we've had our own like.
Speaker 2: Back and forth about journey to the word witch.
Speaker 1: If you've been listening for like the last six years, there was a time where we would only say like secretly which or there'd be time and be like, oh, you know, like witches like not that kind like everybody keep calm, we believe in God. And then finally we're just like we're wishes. And I kind of fuck with it just because I like the I like that it triggers people. I like that it makes people uncomfortable because I just what about it makes you uncomfortable with like the harnessing of energy, the harnessing of power. And it's so uh like Walt Disney of us to be spooked out by it to this day as an adult, So like, tell us what has been your journey with your witch? Which has been your witch journey not only with the word but with your own magic?
Speaker 3: Oh man, it's long and the word you know, it's so the reason why we're triggered by it is because of our programming, is because of the patriarchy, is because of organized religion. The word means wise, It comes from Old German. It's the same where we get the word wisdom, wizard, wicked, wicka. All of those words are from the same origin and they meant one who sees, one who knows, one with wisdom. And I think it's interesting what you said about harnessing the power is because wisdom comes from a myriad of different things. There's yogaic wisdom, and Buddhist wisdom, and indigenous wisdom and the ancient the oldest forms of wisdom are really just knowing the plants, the cycles and seasons, how to work with the earth and the weather in order to make food grow, in order to you know, one of the big reasons why witches and healers were demonized by the church is because you could use plants for birth control, you could prevent babies from coming into the world, you could be really sovereign. And so you know, we're triggered by the word because the media, like you said, has really created this green faced, wardy nosed, scary image of what witches are. But back in the day, which is were just the healers. They were the doctors of your village, of your tribe. And so my personal journey with it, I was kind of the same way people would say, Oh, you're super witchy, and you know, I have like wild hair and I often have twigs stuck in it because I spend a lot of time in nature, and so people would say, oh, you're so witchy, and I'd be like, no, no, no, I'm a wizard like Harry Potter. You know, I'm not a witch. And I didn't resonate with it either because of all of these negative associations that we hold with it. But ultimately I experienced just such an awakening remembering that it is about wisdom, and wisdom is just the lessons that you've learned throughout your lifetime and how you inform your behaviors as an embodiment of those lessons. So you know, when you have a bad feeling about a guy that you're dating, but you've had a bad feeling before and you kept dating him and then he cheated on you, wisdom is what separates that act and continuing to ignore your intuition and as I like to call it, or listening and saying, you know what, the last time I had a feeling like this, I shouldn't have ignored the red flag, And this time I'm going to listen, and I'm gonna take better care of myself, and I'm gonna honor who I am. That's all wisdom is, and we've forgotten the wisdom of the ancient ways in our modern day. None of us know how to grow food, or like fix our own clothes, or any build a fire, you know, kill an animal, even though so many of us eat them. And so I think wisdom is such an important thing to reclaim and to bring home to the reverence that it deserves. And for me, it was about nature and finding I wasn't raised in organized religion, and nature was always the temple, but that kind of went unsaid. It wasn't really explicitly talked about. But we would just go and spend a lot of time in nature as a family. And for me, I realized that when I started understanding God and we were mentioning this person earlier. I had this boyfriend who was really Christian when I was young, and he had this dialogue with God, with the Holy Father because he didn't have a father.
Speaker 2: Figure in it life.
Speaker 3: And I thought that was so fascinating and so interesting that he could always, you know, pick up the phone and talk to God and God was so masculine, and I was like, where is the mother in God? Where's the feminine in God? If we all come out of wombs and pussies, how is there no feminine aspect of God? And so I really wanted to discover that for myself and learn what that meant. And I found her in nature. I found this voice. I found someone that would answer and that would respond to me all the time. And so that really set me down a path of goddess worship, finding my own inner goddess, balancing my own inner masculine. Who's the warrior and the protector and the provider inside of me? And who's the creative muse and the receptive, sensual sexual queen energy? And how do I bring those two archetypes into harmony? And that was how I found the Greatest Magical Powers.
Speaker 1: Want to hear the full episode, Well, you have to join Patreon because we're still off season.
Speaker 2: We are releasing bonus episodes weekly on Patreon to a tribe connecting with our community on Discord, So make sure you go check us out there because we are really active over there. That's patreon dot com. Backslash, Good Mom's Bad Choices and This episode was pretty fucking magical, so we'll see you over on Patreon